View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20191221_012847 (resized).png
A36F7B53-E809-4BD1-85B0-BA9AA7EDC381 (resized).jpeg
There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 4 years ago

Lonnie Ropp on coding . . . N0ooOOooOOOooooooooo

#52 4 years ago

The monster behind the screen looks like a Vag. Is there a Vag mb? In seriousness it looks like AFM on steroids could be really cool.

#53 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

This is my thought. Poor quality projected scenes on the playfield while just above is a 1080p lcd animation. Seems....off.

I think the screen on the playfield represents the Byers home living room wall. It's got the lights on it, with the monster behind it. That's pretty accurate to the show, actually.

#54 4 years ago
Quoted from T3quila:

Holy c***, who is this Lonnie guy? New to the Hobby, honest question. Seems like people don't like him. What did he do?

He has a history of coding games with basic, repetitive rule sets (not always). He also has a historical tendency to leave game code unfinished, though that is basically because of his apparent unwillingness to work his weekends on his own dime to polish past games, ala Lyman.

https://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?searchtype=advanced&ppl=Lonnie%20D.%20Ropp

Note that most of the games he worked on that are considered "greats" also had Lyman or another coder on them to provide finishing polish.

#55 4 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Looks good in the dark but really curious how the effects perform with room lights on.
Can’t wait to flip it!

Well I guess we finally found a game that Pinstadium will have to take a pass on.

#56 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Note that most of the games he worked on that are considered "greats" also had Lyman or another coder on them to provide finishing polish.

Which “great” games are you referring to? I look at that list and it ranges from “not awful” to “some of the worst modern games ever made”.

That said, this game looks interesting. It’s different, and I’m looking forward to trying it out.

#57 4 years ago
Quoted from drsfmd:

Which “great” games are you referring to? I look at that list and it ranges from “not awful” to “some of the worst modern games ever made”.
That said, this game looks interesting. It’s different, and I’m looking forward to trying it out.

Metallica, Tron come to mind (supporting Lyman).

#58 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Well I guess we finally found a game that Pinstadium will have to take a pass on.

i thought that was all of them?

#59 4 years ago

Can't wait to see what all those white screen surfaces look like after a few months of play!

#60 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Metallica, Tron come to mind (supporting Lyman).

And a little known game like "Iron Man". Geez. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then.

Given how close Stern was to turning off the lights, John Borg and him had a string of really fun games when they were down to one design team pumping out several titles a year: BBH Pro, Avatar, Iron Man, Tron... not bad for only having a few months on code for each.

#61 4 years ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

The monster behind the screen looks like a Vag. Is there a Vag mb? In seriousness it looks like AFM on steroids could be really cool.

That would be one nasty vag!

#63 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

That would be one nasty vag!

Think of the movie Teeth on steroids...

#64 4 years ago

I think so. Don't go down there much accept to play pinball.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

Machine - For Sale
Eastvale, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

8,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-first-look/page/2?hl=vipervs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.