IMG_6047 (resized).JPG
IMG_6044 (resized).JPG
IMG_6043 (resized).JPG
IMG_6042 (resized).JPG
IMG_6038 (resized).JPG
IMG_6039 (resized).JPG
IMG_6037 (resized).JPG

#1 5 months ago

Premium version. Once you knock down a couple drop targets (doesn’t matter which ones) and the Demogorgon mode activates, all 4 drop targets start constantly resetting and never stop. All optos registering. Reseated all node board connections and Ethernet cables. If you reset the game, it’s fine until you knock them down, then it starts all over again. The game has to be turned off. Any ideas?

#2 5 months ago

My Beatles experience would have me looking at one thing first - is there a thin plastic “shelf” screwed onto the drop target mech (it’s what would be holding up the drop targets when the game resets them)? If so is it broken?

You may have to remove it to know for sure, but it’s not difficult and I’ve had to replace one multiple times on our Beatles

#3 5 months ago

Got this resolved. Initially, when I did a visual inspection, everything looked great. I went into the test menu and tested the coil that releases all the drop targets at once and sure enough, it didn't work. You can see from the first picture below that nothing looked out of the ordinary. I ohm'd out the leads and it was 110k. I disconnected the connector for the coil and then it read OPEN. I doubted the coil was actually open so I looked closer and found the right lead had a broken coil wire. The other lead came right out of the coil when I touched it but the coil wire was still attached...until I started messing with the lead and then that wire broke as well. I was able to solder the coil wires back onto the leads and add a zip tie and some hot glue to limit vibration and to keep the broken lead in place until I can get a new coil and that fixed it right up. It's functional, secure, and working great now. The machine is on location so I needed to get it fixed and I'll order a new coil and replace it properly asap.

IMG_6037 (resized).JPGIMG_6038 (resized).JPGIMG_6039 (resized).JPGIMG_6042 (resized).JPGIMG_6043 (resized).JPGIMG_6044 (resized).JPGIMG_6047 (resized).JPGIMG_6049 (resized).JPG
#4 5 months ago
Quoted from Zenomorp:

I went into the test menu and tested the coil that releases all the drop targets at once and sure enough, it didn't work.

Glad I was right.

Happy it’s back up and working!!

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside