(Topic ID: 321279)

Stranger things discontinued??

By Pinman2005

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8F13B062-CB86-4405-9546-B5D05CD4AE86.jpeg
    A3144008-A340-480E-B135-4CCC09D03037 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jonnyqtrek.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#30 1 year ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'm assuming your friend couldn't get a real STh. I have a bunch of VP games on my VP Cabs Vertigo and I can confidently say that no VP game beats a real pinball machine. Ever.

Also worth noting that (unless there's a second one out there) the VP stranger Things is an (awesome) original design, rather than a re-creation of the Stern pin.

So, I say try both. Good times.

#56 1 year ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

After buying an Ultra VP 6.0 I can confidently say that virtual pinball is absolutely amazing with the right technology, and DOF + SSF devices. Absolutely awesome. I agree that real pinball is always better but it's been really nice to play fairly accurate simulations that never break down, requiring cleaning, and most of all that you don't have to pay for + move.
    There's also some really cool virtual games that I think may even beat out the physical pin. This version of LOTR has videos that play along side modes perfectly, kinda reminds me of a LOTR with a JJP monitor. Picture is a little fuzzy and a bit too bright, looks better in person.
    [quoted image]

(I'm going off topic here, with apologies, but your next step should be VPVR. Even with a cheap Oculus/Meta Quest, it's really quite an experience.)

#59 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinman2005:

For the virtual pinball, how well does it simulate the physical game experience? It looks interesting but one of the old school things in me would seem to miss a physical ball and flippers.

I think it really depends on individual
    expectations. I could see high end tournament competitors who might want to set it on fire, but casual fans who just want to have it a few hundred reproductions of actual tables that they'll rarely get to play in the wild (that's me) find it fantastic.

Yes, I completely agree, it will NEVER be as good as a physical pin, but the trade-off is it costs a fraction of the cost and storage to get a reasonable facsimile of dozens of the real things. YMMV, cheers!

#71 1 year ago

Not having been able to obtain a STh yet, and on deciding between pro and pre/le, how's the availability of replacement parts on the pre/le vs the pro? Any discontinued parts that we're aware of?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jonnyqtrek.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-discontinued?tu=jonnyqtrek and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.