(Topic ID: 321279)

Stranger things discontinued??

By Pinman2005

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8F13B062-CB86-4405-9546-B5D05CD4AE86.jpeg
    A3144008-A340-480E-B135-4CCC09D03037 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Neal_W.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 1 year ago
    Quoted from Vitty:

So easy to get this game working perfect.

Not exactly easy or something they could get right at the factory. The TK lock and the demogorgon mouth both require complicated adjustment to make somewhat reliable for many owners.

Fortunately, the projectors have proven to be reliable so far.

#18 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jaytech10:

The license is active between 5 to 10 years.

Stranger Things characters, Demogorgon, and map were available as pay DLC in the hit video game Dead by Daylight, for a couple years only. Nothing like 5yrs. They announced the DLC was going away, last chance, and then it was no longer available.

#70 1 year ago
    Quoted from acedanger:

Way better than Stern version.

I watched some gameplay videos. I will start by saying I enjoy virtual pinball as much as the real thing, and clearly the team created a labor of love with their vision of Stranger Things pinball, but saying it compares to a pin from the industry leading company that has been perfecting its craft and making great pins with awesome 'moments' for decades is a tough sell, and Stern STh is packed with great moments. My take is it's college film project versus Spielberg.

Well anyway STh premium is my favorite pin so it may be swaying my opinion and with the Cleland music and callouts, it makes it extra cool.

I forgot the other reason I suspect Stern only did a final run of pros and no premium - The premium/LE has 17 coils! With the projector and motorized ramp, that's a huge BOM.

#79 1 year ago

Some wouldn't trade it for any pin. Opinions vary.

#94 1 year ago

Pinside stats show:

203 LE in collections and on route. (500 LE made)
    234 Premium in collections and on route.
    694 Pro in collections and on route.

#97 1 year ago
    Quoted from titanpenguin:

Did they make all 500 LE’s?

You would assume yes. The dealers are eager to preorder all of those ahead of time, and if sales are slow they sit in dealer inventory.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Neal_W.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-discontinued?tu=Neal_W and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.