• 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by chuckwurt
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hqdefault (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from FlawlessJS:

Any word or speculation on when we will see new code for stranger things? Seems overdue!

My guess is something drops right before all the launch parties. My guess is around the Tuesday before Valentine’s Day.

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

It’s not that hard. People need to adjust their machines.

I’m all ears. Haha. Same with the magnet lock shot.

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

If someone can tell me how to post a vid, I will post one of an adjusted demo being hit first shot by my 8 yr old. And it’s not a onetime thing, it’s consistent since adjusted

I’d rather see a video of someone making it from a trap more than once out of 10-15 tries.

You have to record the video, upload to YouTube then post a link here.

#16 4 years ago

This doesn’t compare to the gem at all. This is 10x harder than GEM.

I think the main reason why this is so hard is the spring steel on the ramp. It changes the trajectory of the ball every time. It’s never consistent. So it’s hard to dial in a shot when it’s never the same.

#18 4 years ago

Totally agree. It will make that area of the game much more enjoyable, and it adds depth.

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from Mravic:

It has to be machine to machine. I kept track for a while and was about 70% make percent from a control shot. Everyone complaining about it sounds crazy to me...

And people like you sounds crazy to me haha. Bad luck for me I guess. I’d take 70% all day.

I had people over playing mine Saturday night from 8pm to 1am. I gave out a sticker to each made demo shot across the night. I gave out exactly 4 of them.

When I stream this again Sunday I will put the game in test and shoot repeatedly at the demo and show everyone what I’m dealing with.

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

On our local machine, it is relatively easy to hit. Maybe not 70% but probably 50%. It seems that there's some weird variability with setup. Have you tried adjusting the machine's pitch?

Yep. 6.0 and in .2 increments all the way to 7.6.

Also tried flipper powers in 5 increments from 180-255.

But there are clearly games that are just set up normal and playing fine. So I don’t think it’s pitch or flipper power.

#26 4 years ago

Yeah I plan to have a side view of the demo setup on stream to help show us where mine is off. Hopefully someone watching can come up with a solution and we can help others.

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Only things left that it could be are height/distance of Demogorgan or the ramp itself. If you have another machine local that doesn't have the issue, try to compare measurements.

Unfortunately the local game is worse than this one. Haha

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

Did you go below 6?

Nope. But neither has anyone else that has a dialed in shot. That would be like a table. Haha

I also really don’t see how the pitch of the game will change the trajectory of the shot outside of putting more or less speed on the ball. But the speed of the ball can be dialed plenty with the flipper power adjustments.

#35 4 years ago

Agree. But it shouldn’t be impossible.

Also they never killed a demo in the show by shoving stuff in its mouth. Haha. It was ripped apart. So I think being able to bash it to death for fewer points will lend well to the theme.

Especially if they update the animations to show it actually taking damage as you bash it. That’d be awesome!

#38 4 years ago

I say 5 counts as one mouth. The further modes require more mouth shots to get to the later stages of the mode. Only the first demo mode is a one shot kill. The others have multiple stages.

#39 4 years ago

From the stern union address.

Stranger Things – For all Stranger Things Pro owners, please make sure you have updated your game to the most current code version (v0.81.0). With LEs currently in production, be on the lookout for a new code update later this month across all models.

#42 4 years ago

LE crashes a lot during the burn will mode.

#50 4 years ago

Haven’t seen anything like that in the ones I’ve played. They seem consistent physically.

#57 4 years ago
Quoted from silver_spinner:

what software is this? on ours it doesn't

The most recent one. Get it from sterns website. It’s dated January 2019

#59 4 years ago

it doesn't score at all when you hit the monster. it makes sound but no scoring. Test yours again. if it scores, id love to see a video to confirm because none of ours do and they all have newest code.

Then you have the latest code. It registers hits but nothing else. If it scores it’s no more than a slingshot type score. .84 I think is most recent pro code.

#61 4 years ago

.81 is newest code on sterns website. if newer code exists id love to try it.

It doesn’t as far as I know.

LEs are .83. I must have been thinking of that.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Eastvale, CA
$ 10.00
8,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Covington, LA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-code?tu=chuckwurt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.