• 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by chuckwurt
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hqdefault (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider C0untDeM0net.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#53 4 years ago

As for the difficulty and variability I believe the issue is with how the demogorgon sits. Glass off at 6.5 degrees at the flippers power at 225 I can hit it consistently if I make sure the demogorgon is sitting leaning forward. Problem is on mine the rocking action of the demogorgon is not smooth and I don't think it reliably settles back into the slight forward lean. I've tried loosening it up by manually rocking it back and forth and with the glass off I can hit it 9 out of ten times. Put the glass back on and after a missed shot it becomes nearly impossible to hit. Sometimes I can nudge the machine just enough to rock it back into position and make the shot. What it really needs is some mechanism to place the demogorgon back to the same lean after a failed shot. I'm looking at adding a spring to the back as I don't think it will take too much force to do so but I will need to take the whole thing apart and have not had time to do that.

For now I ignore it and just shoot modes and only deal with it if I have to. Again starting with a few nudges to try to get it back to the forward lean. Maybe those that are consistent have a mechanism that is settling back to the same spot every single time. Mine is not.

What I am really hoping we hear from stern is that they are addressing the demogorgon shot difficulty and issuing a mech update like they did with the GB slimer. Given that you are expected to make that shot reliably at least 7 or 8 times in a game to get to the final wizard mode it needs to not be this difficult or reliant on specific playfield angle.

#55 4 years ago

Hitting it does award points if on the latest software. Just won't complete it no matter how many times you hit it. I did misread the post tho.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

8,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 74.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Electronics
FlipMods

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider C0untDeM0net.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-code?tu=C0untDeM0net and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.