• 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by chuckwurt
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hqdefault (resized).jpg

There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 4 years ago

Any word or speculation on when we will see new code for stranger things? Seems overdue!

#2 4 years ago

The game is universally loved here as is so I wouldn't expect anything anytime soon. Coders all moving on to other projects.

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The game is universally loved here as is so I wouldn't expect anything anytime soon. Coders all moving on to other projects.

Cool. Thanks for the input.

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

LOL

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from FlawlessJS:

Any word or speculation on when we will see new code for stranger things? Seems overdue!

My guess is something drops right before all the launch parties. My guess is around the Tuesday before Valentine’s Day.

#6 4 years ago

Ditto that... my launch party is March 25 (Riverside Game Lab) so I'm really hoping a major update is released by the party.... also hoping for the JP update Keith's testing now.

#7 4 years ago

it needs a ton:
voice call outs galore (from the kids esp), a redemption option in the menu, an option to display "card reader" on attract mode screen and 1 swipe per play (like jersey jack). hitting demogrogon to score points when it makes noises (not just points from hitting inside hole)., a ball saver from hitting center targets when ball drains down center (turn on or off or timed like gene simmons kiss or groot kickout),.

needs a timeout for center ramp staying down when in demogorgon mode so if you cant hit the shot in the mouth the ramp is not down for the entire ball getting in the way. or, make it if you try to hit it 10 times or so (changed in menu for number of shots) and it recognizes you are hitting balls around the mouth, just give the the shot collect.

Also , a use for the action button on lock down bar, maybe a smart bomb to clear the demogorgon if you cant hit the shot which is near impossible on most machines?

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from silver_spinner:

it needs a ton:
voice call outs galore (from the kids esp), a redemption option in the menu, an option to display "card reader" on attract mode screen and 1 swipe per play (like jersey jack). hitting demogrogon to score points when it makes noises (not just points from hitting inside hole)., a ball saver from hitting center targets when ball drains down center (turn on or off or timed like gene simmons kiss or groot kickout),.
needs a timeout for center ramp staying down when in demogorgon mode so if you cant hit the shot in the mouth the ramp is not down for the entire ball getting in the way. or, make it if you try to hit it 10 times or so (changed in menu for number of shots) and it recognizes you are hitting balls around the mouth, just give the the shot collect.
Also , a use for the action button on lock down bar, maybe a smart bomb to clear the demogorgon if you cant hit the shot which is near impossible on most machines?

why's the demogorgon shot so hard? Looks like a ramp up to him. I've not played ST but why is it so tough?

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

why's the demogorgon shot so hard? Looks like a ramp up to him. I've not played ST but why is it so tough?

Same reason the GEM shot is so tough. It’s a really challenging shot among a layout of makeable solid shots . When you hit it you feel like a hero.

#10 4 years ago

It’s not that hard. People need to adjust their machines.

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

Same reason the GEM shot is so tough. It’s a really challenging shot among a layout of makeable solid shots . When you hit it you feel like a hero.

So not necessarily that you brick it a lot, but that you hit one of the other shots instead?

#12 4 years ago

If someone can tell me how to post a vid, I will post one of an adjusted demo being hit first shot by my 8 yr old. And it’s not a onetime thing, it’s consistent since adjusted

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

It’s not that hard. People need to adjust their machines.

I’m all ears. Haha. Same with the magnet lock shot.

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

If someone can tell me how to post a vid, I will post one of an adjusted demo being hit first shot by my 8 yr old. And it’s not a onetime thing, it’s consistent since adjusted

I’d rather see a video of someone making it from a trap more than once out of 10-15 tries.

You have to record the video, upload to YouTube then post a link here.

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

The big problem with it is that the return is dangerous and if you do happen to get lucky and it goes in, I think it's worth a whopping 5 million points.

#16 4 years ago

This doesn’t compare to the gem at all. This is 10x harder than GEM.

I think the main reason why this is so hard is the spring steel on the ramp. It changes the trajectory of the ball every time. It’s never consistent. So it’s hard to dial in a shot when it’s never the same.

#17 4 years ago

What’s weird is mine nails every time. Ive heard of others so obviously there’s some tolerance and variance in the games. Easily enough fixed with a code change. I’d love a fix for everyone but that’s the best chance given it’s already full force out in the wild

#18 4 years ago

Totally agree. It will make that area of the game much more enjoyable, and it adds depth.

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Totally agree. It will make that area of the game much more enjoyable, and it adds depth.

I still really enjoy this game tons of speed. Love the upside down with the projector, playing this game with the sound cranked is a must. When you dominate the demigorgon it’s an accomplishment. Simply put I think it’s all there just need code code code. I’m glad they are taking their time in hindsight, hopefully they have good ideas and code new exciting features using current assets. A lot of games get rushed code and it shows

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’d rather see a video of someone making it from a trap more than once out of 10-15 tries.
You have to record the video, upload to YouTube then post a link here.

It has to be machine to machine. I kept track for a while and was about 70% make percent from a control shot. Everyone complaining about it sounds crazy to me...

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from Mravic:

It has to be machine to machine. I kept track for a while and was about 70% make percent from a control shot. Everyone complaining about it sounds crazy to me...

And people like you sounds crazy to me haha. Bad luck for me I guess. I’d take 70% all day.

I had people over playing mine Saturday night from 8pm to 1am. I gave out a sticker to each made demo shot across the night. I gave out exactly 4 of them.

When I stream this again Sunday I will put the game in test and shoot repeatedly at the demo and show everyone what I’m dealing with.

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

And people like you sounds crazy to me haha. Bad luck for me I guess. I’d take 70% all day.
I had people over playing mine Saturday night from 8pm to 1am. I gave out a sticker to each made demo shot across the night. I gave out exactly 4 of them.
When I stream this again Sunday I will put the game in test and shoot repeatedly at the demo and show everyone what I’m dealing with.

Hit me up if you ever feel like bringing your streaming rig out where I have it on location, I'll set it free play for the night. 2 hour, 13 min drive according to google! Call me out on it and see for yourself!

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

On our local machine, it is relatively easy to hit. Maybe not 70% but probably 50%. It seems that there's some weird variability with setup. Have you tried adjusting the machine's pitch?

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

On our local machine, it is relatively easy to hit. Maybe not 70% but probably 50%. It seems that there's some weird variability with setup. Have you tried adjusting the machine's pitch?

Yep. 6.0 and in .2 increments all the way to 7.6.

Also tried flipper powers in 5 increments from 180-255.

But there are clearly games that are just set up normal and playing fine. So I don’t think it’s pitch or flipper power.

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I would be curious to see what some slow mo video shows on your machine. Crazy how different it is. If you ever have the desire feel free to check mine out, it is still inconsistent, but, much better than the sub 10 percent others are reporting. I would say a squared up shot goes in 50 percent or more for sure. Also, I used to exclusively only be able to hit it from the left, now I can hit it left or right, no problem.

I can probably hit it easier than the right ramp, but thats my fault more than anything else.

#26 4 years ago

Yeah I plan to have a side view of the demo setup on stream to help show us where mine is off. Hopefully someone watching can come up with a solution and we can help others.

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

But there are clearly games that are just set up normal and playing fine. So I don’t think it’s pitch or flipper power.

Only things left that it could be are height/distance of Demogorgan or the ramp itself. If you have another machine local that doesn't have the issue, try to compare measurements.

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Only things left that it could be are height/distance of Demogorgan or the ramp itself. If you have another machine local that doesn't have the issue, try to compare measurements.

Unfortunately the local game is worse than this one. Haha

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Unfortunately the local game is worse than this one. Haha

Sorry you got a double whammy of this issue. The love of pinball will see you through it

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Did you go below 6?

#31 4 years ago
Quoted from silver_spinner:

a ball saver from hitting center targets when ball drains down center (turn on or off or timed like gene simmons kiss or groot kickout),.

ball save from kickouts (gene, groot, scoops on ghostbusters/TNA) make sense because the kickout is the only factor of the trajectory -- if it sends it straight down the middle, there's nothing you (as a player) could have done to prevent that.

When you shoot a dangerous target (like the gate on MM, the visor on pinbot/jackbot, shield on AFM, and the center targets on #stern-stranger-things-pro) what risk is there if you get a ball save from it?

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

Did you go below 6?

Nope. But neither has anyone else that has a dialed in shot. That would be like a table. Haha

I also really don’t see how the pitch of the game will change the trajectory of the shot outside of putting more or less speed on the ball. But the speed of the ball can be dialed plenty with the flipper power adjustments.

#33 4 years ago

i think from a theme integration perspective the demogorgon is on point. the demogorgon is scary! it should not be an easy shot to hit! you do not want to be fighting the demogorgon while you have other tasks (mode, multiball) to accomplish. When you're fighting the demogorgon you have two options: kill it or die (drain).

#34 4 years ago

Just to chime in on the Demogorgon shot.

On my LE just Last night i hit 3 in row from a trapped left flipper.

feed out of my left orbit, dead bounce from left flipper to corner of sling shot back to my left flipper trap everytime. Then shot at demo. I made 3 straight. My five year old has killed the demogorgon. And my 8yr old son has made the shot probably 5x on the 10 games hes played so far.

My flipper power is around 230's and my pitch i havent lasered yet but the bubble is barely touching the top line.

We made the shot multiple times before i adjusted the flipper power as well.

It doesnt seem to be set up. Maybe its possibly the ramp not sitting flush the pf. Or something at the top of the ramp thats not consistent from game to game.

Or it is set up. lol As my buddy chuckwurt likes to tell me regarding the outlanes on this game being hungry as hell. PLAY BETTER

#35 4 years ago

Agree. But it shouldn’t be impossible.

Also they never killed a demo in the show by shoving stuff in its mouth. Haha. It was ripped apart. So I think being able to bash it to death for fewer points will lend well to the theme.

Especially if they update the animations to show it actually taking damage as you bash it. That’d be awesome!

#36 4 years ago

The issue isnt the ramp, pitch, flipper power, etc. You guys are just to nice. When the ramp drops, just pull one of these bad boys out, gets him every time.

hqdefault (resized).jpghqdefault (resized).jpg
#37 4 years ago

I like the idea of a health bar for the Demogorgon. 1 shot in the mouth instantly defeats him, 3-5 hits for defeat?? Along with additional animations when he’s hit. That would satisfy even the casual players. They would be able to accomplish defeating him.

#38 4 years ago

I say 5 counts as one mouth. The further modes require more mouth shots to get to the later stages of the mode. Only the first demo mode is a one shot kill. The others have multiple stages.

#39 4 years ago

From the stern union address.

Stranger Things – For all Stranger Things Pro owners, please make sure you have updated your game to the most current code version (v0.81.0). With LEs currently in production, be on the lookout for a new code update later this month across all models.

#40 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I say 5 counts as one mouth. The further modes require more mouth shots to get to the later stages of the mode. Only the first demo mode is a one shot kill. The others have multiple stages.

Sounds great. The main thing is to keep the player happy. Whether that’s at home, on location or in a tournament, you want to have that feeling of accomplishment. That would help make everyone leave the game on a positive note and hopefully come back again.

#41 4 years ago

We had a crash/reboot the other day on ours on location, Telekinesis, Barbara, and demigorgon (lvl 1) running together.

#42 4 years ago

LE crashes a lot during the burn will mode.

#43 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

lol, wtf does being universally loved have to do with code updates?

#44 4 years ago

Levi always tried to be snarky. Sometimes it works, sometimes ehh...

#45 4 years ago

Fell flat IMO.

#46 4 years ago

We’ve had our pro here in London for a few weeks now. Have spent a fair bit of time tweeking the demo shot and have found the sweet spot - pitch at 6.7, right flipper power at 245 and left flipper at 250. Easily makeable now shooting on the fly or from a trap. L/R level has to be spot on too

#47 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Agree. But it shouldn’t be impossible.
Also they never killed a demo in the show by shoving stuff in its mouth. Haha. It was ripped apart. So I think being able to bash it to death for fewer points will lend well to the theme.
Especially if they update the animations to show it actually taking damage as you bash it. That’d be awesome!

Oh i absolutely agree a Health bar is the answer. And a health bar would be cool.

They should implement a one shot kill for even more points. Have some cool animation for a one shot. And some extra points.

#49 4 years ago

I haven't even seen the game in person yet, much less gotten to play with the mech, so I might be completely talking out of my butt here. Is there any chance there could be something about the mouth hole itself making some machines so much harder than others? Deformed opening, flash around the hole (oh my), something like that?

#50 4 years ago

Haven’t seen anything like that in the ones I’ve played. They seem consistent physically.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toppers
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
8,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mount Washington, KY
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
15,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Cruz, CA
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 49.99
There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-code and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.