IMG_3331 (resized).png
IMG_3330 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8622 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #235 ALERT: Be sure to check PRO Ball Lock Post, it can come loose. Posted by chuckwurt (4 years ago)

Post #712 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Replacement rubber info Posted by fooflighter (4 years ago)

Post #1272 TECH: TOYS. Demogorgon adjustment to make less shot rejects Posted by rs812 (4 years ago)

Post #1273 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Projector focus adjustment instructions Posted by rs812 (4 years ago)

Post #1717 TECH: PLAYFIELD. TK lock and deflector adjustment instructions Posted by chuckwurt (4 years ago)

Post #3533 TECH: BOOTING. Fix for Spike machines that frequently have problems booting Posted by C0untDeM0net (3 years ago)

Post #5955 MOD: Stranger Things action button surround and shooter plate Posted by pinballslave (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vitty.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#29 4 years ago

In on an LE. Game looks great!

3 months later
#3259 4 years ago

How's this compare to Elvira HoH for those that have played both? Debating between the two as my next purchase.

2 months later
#4270 3 years ago

Boy I'm tempted to join the club especially with the LE for sale in the marketplace at $7600. I'd be in if the seller had some feedback. Always hesitate to be the first one to try Pinside sentiment sure seems to have driven the prices way down on this title, but I think the game looks great.

#4384 3 years ago

My LE is arriving tomorrow and I'm curious waht the replacement ramp talk is about. I'm not finding the problem it is fixing in scrolling back through all the pages. Thanks guys, can't wait to join the club!

#4425 3 years ago

Joined the club! LE 85 landed yesterday.

2F254468-8C18-4972-A40B-FA7969F19C64 (resized).jpeg2F254468-8C18-4972-A40B-FA7969F19C64 (resized).jpegB41C61DC-958E-4510-B166-36C85908F5B6 (resized).jpegB41C61DC-958E-4510-B166-36C85908F5B6 (resized).jpeg
#4428 3 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Awesome! Is that a JP with red armor I see?

It's a JP with burnt orange sunset armor!

a2e37a651941b80cf648adc1cb6e9cf50ed8bf5e.jpeg (resized).jpga2e37a651941b80cf648adc1cb6e9cf50ed8bf5e.jpeg (resized).jpg
#4443 3 years ago

This game looks infinitely easier to work on than the JJP pirates I had. That game for me is king of sucking more of my time tweaking/fixing/preventing than playing.

#4474 3 years ago

In my new LE with Jan build date it was rejecting every single TK lock shot. I adjusted the coil position on the backside of the backboard so that the arm gap when triggered is about the width of the ball no more. When that didn’t work I noticed the measurement from ramp to top of arm was greater than the 2 inches so I bent that down until it was. When that didn’t work I adjusted the ramp as far downward towards the bottom of the playfield as possible. Bingo bango that did the trick. I still have had one or two rejects but most make it now. Thanks to chuckwurt for posting the stern guide to adjustments.

For what it’s worth having never played the game before, I can hit the demogorgan shot without issue from both flippers.

#4481 3 years ago

Someone was looking for photos of the shooter rod installed. Here ya go.

BDC1B056-D475-422F-B115-5AD182DDD0B9 (resized).jpegBDC1B056-D475-422F-B115-5AD182DDD0B9 (resized).jpegF0C03296-F7EA-4D09-B5C2-7CF38CA6491C (resized).jpegF0C03296-F7EA-4D09-B5C2-7CF38CA6491C (resized).jpeg
4 weeks later
#4882 3 years ago

Has anyone tried adjusting the TK arm so that it sits further to the right of the machine? This would entail some washers on the mounting mechanism or something similar. Mine seems to reject most balls before they even get the chance to go up the arm. If the ball could swing around the bend a bit more prior to engaging that arm it might help. Just a thought to see if anyone has tried it.

I've done all the recommended adjustments so far from Stern/this thread.

#4893 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Double, triple and quadruple check you did them correctly. 13/16” of an once from the back wall, 2” from the ramp floor (actually works best a tad under this), and remove the screw in the back snug plate, loosen all the ramp screws (including the ones in the ramp flap), and push the ramp toward the front of the game and retighten. Do this for the entrance half of the ramp. Leave the exit half alone.

When I had initially done this I was using a tape measure. I got a small precision ruler and walked back through the Stern guide for TK lock adjustments. Turns out the tape measure method sucks as I was way off on my measurements. Adjusted them now to Stern spec and the lock is working much much better. Thanks for the reminder to check and double check!

1 year later
#11616 2 years ago

Love the topper on this one. I have a feeling this game will become one of the more sought after Sterns so it’s worth some extra dressings

A4A7BBC1-73EF-4E74-B89E-172805635F97 (resized).jpegA4A7BBC1-73EF-4E74-B89E-172805635F97 (resized).jpeg
2 months later
#12658 2 years ago

Is there any indicator you have a combo active on this game?

#12660 2 years ago

Damn, I can both never keep track and when I'm confident I have hit the 5-way I often don't get it leading me to believe I've lost it somehow along the way. Would love them to sneak some sort of visual in the next update apart from the quick LCD popup that I usually fail to see

#12665 2 years ago

Do all of elwins games have combo indicators? I know Maiden does for sure. I may have just for the first time witnessed it on Jurassic Park last night but have not played enough to confirm (might be the helicopter flasher?).

2 months later
#13172 2 years ago

I just missed out on the UV kits for prem/LE! If anyone has one to sell please reach out to me. Thanks much!

#13190 2 years ago

What is up with the ball 'locking' on game start the first time you hit the left ramp? It doesn't count as a lock though and releases. This is the now the 2nd game I"ve owned and they both have done it. Gotta think its code - 1.02

#13197 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Pro? Premium? Was lock lit? Does the lock animation run? Does this happen on lock one 100% of the time?
Need more info.

Forgot the pro has the virtual lock. The two I’ve had have been LE and Premium now. Right at start of game I hit the left ramp(no lock lit) and the arm fires and then the magnet releases kinda quick. No lock animation. It’s enough to make the ball fly in the air and sometimes stick and then drop. Both games were on 1.02. Hit the ramp again with no lock lit immediately after and it doesn’t do it anymore.

#13213 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Well the arm shouldn’t be firing unless lock is lit. That’s the problem. That needs adjusted or looked into.

Agreed. Given two games do this on only the first left ramp shot of the game I kinda think it’s software. Can anyone else confirm if their premium/LE does this on ball one first left ramp shot only(no lock lit)

#13220 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s not a software issue. My LE didn’t do this once on 1.02

Lol arghhh. I swear I'm not seeing things! I'll see if I can video it today.

I've done switch tests and opto tests today on start of ball 1. I got nothing erratic in those departments and all checks out. What else would cause this same behavior on two separate games if it's electrical or mechanical?

#13248 2 years ago
Quoted from palacekeeper:

ahh ok that makes sense. my best guess is that the ball gets a little air near the beginning when the machine is cold. only happens occasionally. could be an opto issue, but seems less likely since it only does it when it's stone cold. I'll have the glass off today after my UV kit arrives . I'll test mine to see if the diverter engages.
Vitty - are you saying this happens reliably 100%? or just more often when it's cold?

You were correct in your assertion that the ball was flying up and tripping the magnet optos. The arm is not firing but the ball is catching air and then the magnet releases. Good one!!

My machine is just cleaned and waxed so it’s super fast at the moment. 6.8 degrees pitch and has the TK lock updated ramp plastic installed.

For now I’ll try turning the flipper power down just a tad until the fresh wax isn’t so fast anymore.

Thanks all!

#13308 2 years ago

Found one from Kingpin for 279.99 plus shipping. Chris is good people!

#13322 2 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

Honestly, at this point I may go back to the stock speakers. I've seen these pyle speakers recommended many times over but honestly without an external amp and eq I'm not sure any backbox 4ohm speaker is an upgrade. I may try some 8ohm 4 inch speakers just to get a little clarity but I'll likely not mess with this much longer.
With the machine set to 8 ohms the audio is significantly better but there is a lot of crackling happening. I have not been able to dial in the settings to get rid of it. since the speakers are high wattage I have to assume the internal amp is being overdriven even at low volume.
With the machine set to 4 ohms the audio becomes muddy and the speech is below the sound effects. Even noticed the knocker sound to be nearly non-existent. Switching to the eq and setting a pretty drastic v curve improves things but it does not sound better than the stock speakers.
Might just stick these in my car lol.

I'm upgrading my premium speakers with these Pyle's today. Will report back. I do have the latest cleland code which I believe he mentioned may have some crackling audio issues. I've not played it yet though.

#13335 2 years ago

Just installed the Pyle speakers and they sound excellent. Had to revert back to 1.04 Cleland code though as the latest has issues with distorted audio.

4 months later
#14833 1 year ago

Man the mystery/extra ball shot gate hanging up the ball is driving me batty. Anyone have the definitive fix? I’ve tinkered with bending that gate flap into all types of shapes and it still gets hung on it.

#14876 1 year ago

Whaaaaat - mine doesn't even go anywhere near the saucer after hitting the targets - someone needs to post a video

#14884 1 year ago

I can't even manually trigger the MXV skillshot lol - what am I missing? I've plunged the ball, grabbed it, touched the lit drop(got the skillshot animation) then dropped the ball into the scoop - no MXV. I'm on the latest version of code 1.05

#14887 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

It needs to hit the drops and go directly into the scoop, not shot in the scoop.

yeah i know, i'm literally moving the ball with my hands the entire time other than catching it from the shooter lane exit. No other switches or flipper buttons pushed. Very odd.

2 weeks later
#15106 1 year ago

Just installed a magnetic reed switch(MRS) in place of the rollover switch on the burn it back loop. Wow does this make a difference! I've owned several stranger things at this point and each of them had a similar issue where at times the burn it back loop shot didn't register as the ball flies through there and catches a bit of air and misses the switch. With this it is detected 100% of the time - no more misses. This has drastically improved my score as I realized how difficult it was without it to get the 2x and extra balls lit.

Extra special thanks to Sonic for helping me work through some magentic interference between the demogorgan coil and pop bumper coil which are both close proximity to this switch. If you order one from him be sure to request the magnetic shielding strip as an add on as it is needed here!

IMG_2093 (resized).jpgIMG_2093 (resized).jpgIMG_2094 (resized).jpgIMG_2094 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Vaughan, ON
$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

8,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vitty.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party?tu=vitty and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.