IMG_3761 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3762 (resized).png
20240410_201325.jpg
abba tk lock (resized).jpg
IMG_3111 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3109 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3108 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #235 ALERT: Be sure to check PRO Ball Lock Post, it can come loose. Posted by chuckwurt (4 years ago)

Post #712 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Replacement rubber info Posted by fooflighter (4 years ago)

Post #1272 TECH: TOYS. Demogorgon adjustment to make less shot rejects Posted by rs812 (4 years ago)

Post #1273 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Projector focus adjustment instructions Posted by rs812 (4 years ago)

Post #1717 TECH: PLAYFIELD. TK lock and deflector adjustment instructions Posted by chuckwurt (4 years ago)

Post #3533 TECH: BOOTING. Fix for Spike machines that frequently have problems booting Posted by C0untDeM0net (3 years ago)

Post #5955 MOD: Stranger Things action button surround and shooter plate Posted by pinballslave (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider trindawg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#155 4 years ago

I’m thinking about pulling the trigger on the pro model in the next week or 2. Gonna be out on medical for 3 weeks and will need something to do in the meantime. I really want this game. But don’t know if I can convince the wife of my purchasing it. What do u guys think would happen if I just order it without her knowledge ?

#158 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Only one way to find out!

I like the way you think! This would be my second pin if I decide to do it. My first was a used SP I bought from another member on this forum. I quickly got bored with that one.

#159 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

She will love your for it #1
Secondly, wait until you see the premium reveal before you decide

I won’t be able to afford the premium model. Pro is the highest trim I can afford.

#164 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

This will be my second as well. My wife is currently in the "you are not getting another machine" but then after I say nothing she turns and says "youre just going to get it, arent you?", phase. So I can get it with little consequence, but she will be fake mad for 30 mins or so once she sees it.

Same here. I’ve made some big ticket purchases before without her blessings but not as much as this one is gonna cost. I told her I’m not going to stop at just one pin. And she didn’t like that. But oh well. I told her you married me for better or for worse!!

#167 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Get it. It looks great. Watched several hours on a couple of streams. Great pro.

I plan on it. What are your guys’ thoughts on financing a pinball machine ? Anyone here gone that route to purchase a game?

#202 4 years ago

OMG!! I just ordered the pro model from game room guys!! I’m so excited. Will be here the 13th. Had to setup delayed shipping because I won’t be home till then. But it’s considered done deal!!!! Ahhhhhhhhh!! My first NIB MACHINE!!!! Oh happy days! I love this game after only playing it a handful of times at my local barcade!! It’s super fun. I can’t wait. But I think my newlywed wife is going to kill me. This is bittersweet!!! Ahhhhhh!!!!

#206 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

This is what it’s about right here. Congrats!!!

Thanks man!!!

#225 4 years ago

Does anyone know what the dimensions of the box is that it ships in? Want to make sure it will fit in my door !!

#229 4 years ago

Who here saves their boxes once their machine is unpacked? Not sure if I should save mine or not. This will be my first NIB purchase.

#238 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

As a buyer of used games...the box wouldn't help my decision at all. (if that is what you are thinking) Obviously I am just one person, but in general they are sturdy games built to be moved. You don't need a box if you have moving blankets.

Yes. That is exactly what I was thinking. Didn’t know if this would help the resale value if I ever decide on selling or trading

#240 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Condition is king. If the buy cares about you having the box, they will probably be a pain in the ass to deal with. Haha

Lol. Right. This is going to be HUO, not on route, and I keep my stuff spotless and it’s also going in a smoke free home.

#244 4 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

My first NIB (and machine) was my munsters and I can totally understand the feeling. I had dreams for a month figuring out the perfect way to get the machine down the stairs as I wasn't so sure it would go lol. Then I watched many unboxing and setup videos online. In the end when the machine showed up the box was completely trashed with a massive gash in it so large I could pull the legs out. After working it out with the distributor I set it up and ended up keeping that machine as there did not appear to be any cosmetic damage. They said set it up and give it two weeks to see if anything is broken. In the end knowing I could get a completely new machine if I something was messed up relieved so much pressure that I just set the thing up and started enjoying it. Hoping this NIB will go much more smoothly for me so I can enjoy the unboxing tho Last I heard it could be a few weeks before I see mine. Hoping it's sooner

What machine did u order ? I got the pro from game room guys and it’s in stock.

#250 4 years ago

I ordered the pro from a local distributor and they apparently drop ship from stern. Not any in stock in Northern Virginia I guess

Should of called Game Room guys from Michigan. They have plenty in stock. I’m surprised Virginia didn’t have any. Weird.

#263 4 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

I’m liking what I see here. Any comments from pro owners on the game as is? I can only afford a pro at this point so would like to know how it holds up obviously only going on premium footage but as I understand it it’s missing the magnetic ball lock and projector.

I ordered a pro a couple days ago after playing one at my local barcade. I believe it was running code .64, and I had a blast on it ! Which is why I decided to pull the trigger on my first NIB machine. Will be my 2nd machine. But first new one. I’m super excited.

#268 4 years ago
Quoted from ZeroStrap:

Unless you know.. you don’t want to pay full retail..

Where u gonna get it where ur NOT paying full retail. Everywhere I checked it was at least 5899.00. Or in some cases, more then that. I don’t get what your tryin to say.

#271 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

sooooo, help him out? maybe tell him your experience purchasing from your local distributor? id be curious myself what others are seeing.

THANK YOU!! I was curious too but felt stupid and didn’t want to say anything. I already ordered mine so there’s no backing out now.

#279 4 years ago

So I was told when my machine arrives, to ditch the stock pinballs in there and replace with some premium pinballs. Anyone recommend where I can get them ? I bought a set of titan pinballs for my SP machine, but they really didn’t look any different then the ones that were already in there.

#294 4 years ago
Quoted from Kharris:

Well this arrived yesterday just waiting on pin to arrive[quoted image]

Yeah! I just ordered my shaker motor too! Along with a couple of cupholders for my machine. Next up, is the lighted speaker kit deluxe !! It’s gonna look so awesome once that’s installed. Hoping I won’t be homeless once the wifey sees it in the basement though. Haven’t told her I ordered one !

#349 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Our spinning arcade sign is now ready for production. Here is a video of the prototype, fits perfectly in the back right, but really can be mounted in other places. No issues with power and it will spin continuously like an arcade sign should. Took me about 90 seconds to install it. The base will be different on the production model. Wire hole will be on the other side and the base itself will be narrower. We will start making these this week.
$59 shipped will be the price, it will be up on our website shortly and in our pinside shop.
[quoted image]

Looks really good! My game comes in next week but I’m definitely gonna get one.

#356 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

And btw, I got my game tonight and it was perfect out of the box. Was able to hit the demigorgon, though it did go through one ball search after it went in there. Playfield seemed to be in good shape. The game needs better sound integration, didn't notice too many callouts.

Hopefully with more updates , we’ll get more callouts.

#434 4 years ago

I hope your right. My machine is on its way to my home as we speak. Just waiting on a phone call from fedex to schedule a day and time for drop off. I paid extra for them to bring it into my house. I’m hoping they’ll take it to my basement or I’m screwed. The lady said when I paid for it that they’ll take it to any room in the house. So I’m hoping that includes my basement.

#469 4 years ago

Has anyone used this volume controller for their machines? I’m thinking of ordering one for my stranger things pro. Any reviews on it ? I was thinking of getting the volume controller that goes in the tournament button area on my sth pin, but I kind of want to keep that for the usb mod to update my machine.

0D38652E-8710-4BCA-9ABE-6A651B037C93 (resized).jpeg0D38652E-8710-4BCA-9ABE-6A651B037C93 (resized).jpeg
#479 4 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

A volume control on the front of the game makes sense to me, but the USB port on the outside of the cab...not so much. Why not pay $7 and just leave the usb extension in the cabinet near the cash box or run it to the back of the coindoor?
amazon.com link »

Hmmm..... I hadn’t thought of that! That’s not a bad idea. I might just have to do that. Thanks!

#486 4 years ago

2 more days till my machine gets here! Getting delivered on Tuesday. So far I have my shaker motor from pinball life and a set of pingulp cup holders waiting to be installed into my machine ! So excited. Can’t wait to start flippin’!!!

#494 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

i know this is your first nib, be sure to wipe your balls!

Haha!! Funny! I ordered the ninja balls from the ball baron. They’re so shiny. They’re on the way.

#495 4 years ago

Oh yeah. And I ordered my deluxe speaker lighting kit too. Got all kinds of goodies on the way!!

#498 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Just don’t use them with games that have magnets. They tend to magnetize pretty quickly.

I don’t think STH pro uses the magnets. So I think I’m safe , right ?

#503 4 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

I’m the same. I think we will just have to wait and hopefully someone will give a good no bullshit objective review of it. I mean it’s a lot of extra coin for essentially no extra shots. It may be a case of having to physically play one first. I’m torn between the pro or just going all out on the Le... but the premium looked so bad in that CES video, certainly didn’t do the game any favors. If I had to choose right now it would be the pro no question.

Agree with you on this. It does seem like the price jump doesn’t justify what ur getting in return. I mean. Cabinet artwork IS badass. I will say that. But projector and the magnetic ball telekinesis thing just wouldn’t be enough for my consideration. I stuck with the pro model. It’s good enough for me. I played one at my local barcade and instantly got hooked. I told my wife “I want one “. And she just rolled her eyes. She said “you always say that whenever u play a new machine “. And I said yeah, but I mean it this time. Now, I have my first NIB machine getting delivered tomorrow !!

#512 4 years ago

Delivery day today!! Fedex bringing my machine sometime around noon!! Can’t wait to set this thing up and get to flippin’!!!

#518 4 years ago

It’s finally here and Setup!! Been playing for a couple hours now and absolutely loving it!!! FedEx came around 11:15 or so, brought it into my basement. Had to unbox it in my driveway. Was a little nervous about that. But they actually had to hand carry the damn thing into my basement. Made it down in one piece though!! I can’t believe how gorgeous this thing looks in my basement. Artwork is top notch! And the lighting is just phenomenal! My first NIB machine and I’m loving it! I updated it to current code and just having a blast with it.

5C762211-95A8-4FE5-A29C-2354D88BB8B9 (resized).jpeg5C762211-95A8-4FE5-A29C-2354D88BB8B9 (resized).jpeg8DED3007-EA09-4787-B437-16A4C9599338 (resized).jpeg8DED3007-EA09-4787-B437-16A4C9599338 (resized).jpegCB77ED5C-0B55-4165-90F7-0407B0F2B60B (resized).jpegCB77ED5C-0B55-4165-90F7-0407B0F2B60B (resized).jpeg
#522 4 years ago

congrats and lucky you they brought it into the house and down the stairs! Mine is coming via carrier and my last machine the guy would only bring it in the front door and I still had to give him a nice tip to do that.
Heard from my distributor that my pro should be shipping from stern any day now. Hope to have it sometime next week!

Well I had to PAY for them to bring it into the house. I guess FedEx has a pilot program going where If u pay extra to the vendor, that they’ll bring it inside into any room AND put the legs on and dispose of all packing materials for you. I told them not to worry about putting legs on. I’ll do that myself.

#524 4 years ago

So I’ve been playing my machine pretty much non stop all afternoon and all I can say is that this game is super fun and addicting ! I think the current version of code is really fun and there is quite a few callouts in the game. Stern did a really good job with the theme and it feels like the show is properly inserted into this machine. I can’t wait to see how the code is going to evolve ! And I can’t wait to install my shaker motor AND speaker lights tomorrow! I’ll post pics tomorrow after the install.

#530 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Never stop playing.
Trindawg, my first NIB was Game if Thrones. I put close to 1,000 plays on it the first month I had it. See if you can top that! Haha

Wow!! That’s awesome! And a lot of time playing ! I’m currently on medical leave for at least another week or two, so I’ll be getting in plenty of play time myself! My wife was already complaining tonight that I didn’t want to hang out with her!

#532 4 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Can anyone confirm the backbox speakers are 4inch on the pro at all?
Anyone also able to give a clear full under playfield pic?
Thankyou!

I will try and take some pics tomorrow. I’m installing my speaker light kit tomorrow so I’ll be in there.

#535 4 years ago
Quoted from HarrieD:

In my Sterns I put the JBL stage2 810 speaker in the cabinet, this is a drop-in replacement. Cost effective and gives just that extra oomph that will make the machine just that more interesting without pushing it over the top. And I crank the bass up a notch from the menu.[quoted image]

Where can I buy this speaker at? I’m thinking of putting in a subwoofer too

#539 4 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Can anyone confirm the backbox speakers are 4inch on the pro at all?
Anyone also able to give a clear full under playfield pic?
Thankyou!

Here’s the pic u requested of under the playfield. I installed my shaker motor this morning and took this pic for ya while I had it up. Hope this helps !

27B0E030-C53E-4FD2-AE7F-CC80612A08C4 (resized).jpeg27B0E030-C53E-4FD2-AE7F-CC80612A08C4 (resized).jpeg
#545 4 years ago

Any recommendations on a comfy floor mat to stand on while I’m playing long sessions on my new machine ? My feet get to hurting when I’m standing for long periods of time. I’m not so young anymore !

#555 4 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Thank you very much for doing that. Nice to see the support brackets come on the pro I thought I would have to buy some...
The online manual is not available yet, can anyone take a pic of their manual at all of the solenoid list.
Sorry for all the requests. I am getting a Pro but fully tearing it down before playing and customising alot of it. New cab decals, reclear touch up playfield, speakers translite etc.
I like custom stuff alot - this is my first NIB and first new Stern. A 50th birthday present. The theme and Brian Eddy layout got me over the line.

I can do that too. I’ve been super busy installing mods today on my machine. Shaker motor went in easy peesy. Lighting kit not so much. Some of it operator error and some of it fitting issues. But I think I’ve found a happy medium.

#556 4 years ago

is there a way to upload a video from my phone here? I wanted to show the speaker light kit installed on my machine today.

#561 4 years ago

Anyone else having issues with the center ramp to the demo coming down ? My wife and I were playing tonight and for whatever reason, whenever either one of us got to the demo mode, the ramp wouldn’t come down! The mode was active, but couldn’t hit the demo toy! So I rebooted the machine a couple times but still wouldn’t work. I finally unplugged the game and plugged back in, and then it started working. Although not quite right. Like sometimes, the ramp won’t go all the way down until the ball rolls onto it. It’s so weird. Only my second day having this thing and it’s got me bummed out and kinda mad. Suggestions ?????

#562 4 years ago

Oh yeah. One more thing. I noticed the first time I booted up the machine, and ever since; that the lcd screen flashes this message “48v disabled” and then moves on. I’ve never owned this new of a machine and I don’t know what that means. Anyone? Could this be the problem with the center ramp operating correctly ???

#564 4 years ago

I tried that. And it failed the test. Said no power or something like that. So then I unplugged the machine for a bit then turned it back on and it started working again but it’s not coming down all the way.

#569 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Pop the hood and visually inspect all the connections going to the mech. Make sure no wires are impeding the movement of the mech and reseat all connectors to the mech.

Ok. So I just did a test on the center ramp mech and it’s working this time. Goes up and down, but it’s still not touching the playfield. It’s like an 1/8” or so away from the PF in the down position.

#572 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Again. Make sure your mech isn’t obstructed at all from underneath the playfield. I also believe you can set the down position of the ramp in the settings or test menu. Not sure where that’s at though.

Yeah I looked under the playfield and I didn’t see anything obstructing. I’ll look again in the morning when I have more light. But I sure would like to know where the adjustment is to set the position of the ramp. That would be useful. Also; should I make a tech support call to stern tomorrow? I’m feeling really anxious about this issue after dumping 6k into this machine.

#576 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

There aren’t that many menu options and it’s best to get familiar with everything in there so take a spin and see if you can find it and report back.

Alright. So I checked the menu options and couldn’t find anything that had to do with positioning of the center ramp.

#583 4 years ago
Quoted from Kharris:

Have you checked the one way ball gate in the mystery lane? These have been coming off and can interfere with the ramp movement.

Can u explain a little more? I’m new to owning pinball machines so I’m not quite sure what I’m looking for ???

#593 4 years ago

So I just got off the phone with stern tech support about my ramp issue. Tech walked me through a couple different diagnostics tests. And he’s sending me out a new i/o board and a new motor just in case. Told me to try the board first and if that doesn’t work, then swap out motor as well. I’m happy with the customer service of stern, but not happy that this issue has occurred. Especially since it’s my first NIB purchase. I mean. 6k for a new machine! Where’s the QC at? A little frustrated if you can’t tell.

#596 4 years ago

Yeah it worked for the first day. Second day, not so much. I mean. I’m satisfied with Their customer service. He took care of me and yeah I get it. These boards go bad but I didn’t expect they go bad this soon! I mean. I get that maybe they got a bad batch of I/o boards. It happens. But wow. My wife isn’t happy about it either. Doesn’t help her confidence in my purchase. I get it though. It’s still playable. Just can’t do the demo modes is all. Wifey was noticing the little dimples on the playfield too. She wasn’t happy about that. Anyone else getting these ?

#599 4 years ago

Won’t keep me from playing it though!

#602 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Just dont beat the shit out of the ramp at the expense of playing, haha.

Not possible, as it won’t come down AT ALL.

#603 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

My game has 0 plays, and will 100 percent have dimples tonight . Sounds odd but overtime they do blend in, happened on my Metallica, will happen on my Stranger Things, and will happen on almost any machine I play from today till the end of time. As someone totally new, it can be frustrating, but I promise once you learn your way around the machine itll be no big deal.
The important thing is not to get frustrated, because you will just get more frustrated. When I first changed the plastic protectors on my Metallica I snapped another piece I was working on, and wanted to throw the damn thing in the wood chipper. I slept on it, did my due diligence and consulted the great community of pinside, and got it fixed up. Once I got the bugs worked out ive had easily over 1000 plays with 0 issue. Right , wrong , or indifferent, you WILL be working on this machine.

Thanks for the words man. That’s why I like this community. As someone new in this hobby, I appreciate that. I’m just glad stern has good customer service. They didn’t even ask for info like serial # or whatever. Which surprised me. But whatever. I’m just glad they were cool about it.

#612 4 years ago

Concerning dimpling on our new playfields. Found this gem on YouTube. He explains it all. I had no idea. I’ve never owned a new pinball machine EVER. I just thought Hey, he explained it all right here !

#661 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

In terms of shaker motors, I know its a code thing, and will improve, but has anyone played this with a shaker yet? If so what do you think? This game seems like it would be perfect for one. Also, my apologies if this has been asked a billion times, but what kind do people normally get?

I bought one from pinball life (their brand, not the stern brand), and I like it. Adds more feedback to the game. That being said, however, I think the motor should be utilized more often as in the demogorgon mode; I think instead of the motor shaking only when u kill the monster, it should also shake whenever u hit the bash toy, not necessarily when it goes in his mouth. Just my 2 cents. I like it though.

#663 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Thanks for that, also I noticed someone in the other thread replied to your ramp issue, said they had the same thing happen. Might be worth checking out. Again, great community .
Personal preference, but try turning your flipper power down, see how you like it.

Thanks bud! I got that replacement node board in this morning and swapped it out and back to working good again! AND I got this today: my best score ever!!! Man that playfield was lit up!!

6ADC117D-DBB9-45B7-A110-A1D3A990882B (resized).jpeg6ADC117D-DBB9-45B7-A110-A1D3A990882B (resized).jpeg
#666 4 years ago

Well. Frustrated again. The ramp died on me again just 2 hours after replacing the board that stern tech support sent me today ! Ahhhhh!!!! Called stern again and they’re sending me out another board AND a replacement motor as well. Maybe my machine has a bad motor and it’s burning out the board? Idk. But this sure is frustrating. Weekend is here and I can’t play again. I’m beginning to re-think this purchase now..........

#667 4 years ago

Hey guys. How soon should I wax my playfield? My machine is less then a week old and I’m not sure how much time should pass before I throw a coat of wax on. Any suggestions ? I’m starting to see ball trails on the ball exit lane onto the playfield. It’s getting me worried.

#669 4 years ago
Quoted from FlawlessJS:

I'm having issues with the ball lock not dropping low enough to release the ball. Would I be an idiot for sending it a bit to clear the ball properly? As it stands I'm having to open the game everytime I lock the ball...or wait for the game to kick the stuck ball a couple times to fool itself into the 3rd ball being locked and start off the multi ball. Thoughts or suggestions would be great. Thanks in advance.

I wouldn’t do that. As u can see from my earlier posts, stern tech support will help out. Customer service is spot on. Call them. They’re may be an adjustment u can make

#679 4 years ago

Is there a reason why I’m getting ball trails so soon though on a machine a couple days out of the box?

#683 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yes. The crappy stock black rubber dirties things up quick. I use translucent ones from Titan.

Link???

#684 4 years ago

Chuckwurt, will my manual tell me all the sizes and quantities of all the rubbers that I will need for my machine? I want to get the best ones that I can.

#688 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Did you clean your balls? Serious question.

I did. I bought ninja balls from ball barons. The nice and shiny ones. I wiped them off real good too.

#689 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No. But this game has like 10 rubbers in it.
Titan pinball google it. Get the one of their bulk packs or sample packs. That will be plenty and you’ll have extras.

chuckwurt , can you show pics of the translucent rubber you have installed on your machine ? I’m trying to get an idea for colors for my machine.

#691 4 years ago

Ok

#719 4 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

I don’t know if this has to be a concern on the pro but for the LE you may want to avoid Ninja Chromes. They mention that they should not be used on games with magnets as they will be come magnetized over time.

It’s not a concern on the pro model because the pro doesn’t use magnets like the LE.

#720 4 years ago

Where exactly in the settings would I find the adjustment for the flipper power? I want to adjust it down just a little.

#728 4 years ago
Quoted from dri:

No one have concerns that there is no target or rubber in the left most scoop lane? You flip full force into a metal bracket.

I think I read somewhere that the metal bracket was breaking off on some machines ?

#738 4 years ago

So I found the adjustment for the flipper power. Wow. What a difference that makes. I dropped both to 200, and what a drastic difference that made. One that I don’t particularly care for. It slowed the game way down. And all but eliminated air balls. Which I like. Maybe I’ll get fewer dimples with no air balls. But 200 is too low for my taste. I’ll bump it up a little. And made no difference in the demogorgon shot.

#740 4 years ago

So, I was telling u guys about the center ramp on my machine not working. Well. Today it’s back to working again!! I don’t get this machine. So now it’s like an intermittent thing? I’m so confused.

#774 4 years ago

The dimples on my playfield looks like their starting to smoothen out a little! Starting to blend in maybe?

#815 4 years ago

Now that my machine is set properly to US I am seeing the 48v warning on boot up before the leds do their power on test.

Mine has been doing this since day one. Everyone here kept saying “that’s not good”. But I talked to a tech at stern and he said it’s a code bug and should be removed on next update

#818 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Hows the machine running ?

It’s not. New motor and driver board still not working. Finally broke down yesterday and called my distro. We walked through a bunch of stuff. Had me disconnect and reconnect a bunch of wiring connectors on some boards. That seems to help but after a couple hours of playing, went back to the same. So I have to call back on Monday. Pretty frustrating to say the least.

#820 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

When you installed the new board and motor, did you have all mods disconnected and leave them disconnected?

Of course. That’s what I said I was gonna do. Only 2 mods were connected and I disconnected them both prior to installing new motor and driver board

#826 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Going back to the problem again....so the ramp works but stops lowering before it touches the pf?
In test mode, does it go all the way down?

It doesn’t work at all. Stays in the upright position. In test mode it fails. Does not move.

#834 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Any way you could take a video of this happening and post it? Might make it easier for us to give you some more suggestions

Do you want the video taken while it’s in test mode?

#839 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Yeah - even during play too if possible. There's gotta be a logical reason this thing isn't working !

Was on the phone with game room guys tech for a couple hours and we thought it got fixed. He had me disconnect and reconnect a bunch of connectors on some of the driver boards. Started working again but died after a couple of hours playing. I’m supposed to call back on Monday to follow up and try some more troubleshooting.

#847 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

But originally you said it worked but would only go 1/2 way down or something? Now it doesn’t work at all, even after a complete new motor and node board?
Originally sounded like a switch issue. Not sure now.

It’s intermittent. Sometimes it will. Most times it doesn’t work. Yeah. I’ve had it to where the ramp only went down partially. Yeah.

#851 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Just curious, if you were to start it up right this moment, would it work? Does it always work "at first" and then start acting up? Or, is it completely random with no rhyme or reason for failure?

More then likely no. But then it sometimes is random. A couple of times that I noticed, the ramp would come down way after the demo mode had started. Which I thought was really weird. Could it be a software glitch?

#853 4 years ago

What was the fix for the ball lock post not
Going all the way down ? That’s starting to happen to my machine now. It’s sticking up just enough to where the ball won’t go all the way through

#894 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

This is huge. Definitely do this.

Is there a setting in the menus for this

#916 4 years ago

So , as most of you know, since day one I’ve been having issues with my
Machine and the center ramp operating correctly. It’s been an intermittent problem. Sometimes works, sometimes doesn’t. I’ve worked with stern on this and they had sent me a new motor and driver board, and still that didn’t work. I finally started working with my distro tech support. And after a week of FaceTiming, I think we finally found the problem! There was a connector on one of the driver boards that runs the ramp motor. We looked at this today and found ONE wire from the connector was not pushed in all the way, therefore causing an intermittent connection to the motor! Such a small wire too. I can’t believe it after all this time! So happy with this. Hopefully this was the issue and we can lay that one to rest! I’ll keep playing and keep everyone updated. But I think that’s it!

#919 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Nice! But unless you repinned the wire and replaced it into the connector it may keep wiggling loose again.
Now let’s see some monster scores!! Haha

Actually, the part of the wire that plugs into the connector was flattened out, therefore wasn’t clicking in. So the tech had me pry it open just a bit so that it would click into the connector, which is what it did. It’s not going anywhere. And if it fails again, I’ll know where to look this time. But I think it’s smooth sailing from here.

#920 4 years ago

and you get a free node board and motor. stick in the spares box for sure. Glad to hear you found the issue. Painful for sure

And I can reconnect my mods. After It’s played for awhile. Wanna make sure it’s all dialed in

#936 4 years ago

Is there something wrong with the built in level on this machine? I had this baby leveled out perfectly and then I had to move it around and then it went back into its original spot where I had it leveled perfectly and now it’s way out of whack !!

#938 4 years ago

It would have had to move a lot! It’s really off. The bubble is all the way forward when I pretty much had it in the middle.

#943 4 years ago

So I heard from my distro that a new code update is coming real soon. Hope it’s a good one.

#956 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Yeah I am sure it will be fine. I just personally want it protected, it really is a personal thing. Just like after I put cliffys on my Metallica around the mushrooming magnets, after that, I just enjoyed the game more, haha. Now, thousands of plays later, game still looks amazing, so I want my stranger things to be the same.

Yeah its a super tight shot. I would say I am way better off than your 10 percent, but, I would say 50 percent of the shots are butter smooth, and 50 percent are rattling clunkers depending on how I hit it. This one MAY be intentional, but curious to see what others think.
I just got notification my titan rubbers are in, so tonight I am going to tear all the ramps out, change the rubbers, and give everything a good wax, including the orbit metal. Things certainly feel "sticky" compared to when I first played the game.

Which kit did u order for the rubbers? Im going to replace mine also and am not sure which to order.

#970 4 years ago
Quoted from bjsilverballs:

I think they need more play testing in the QA area at Stern...

My thoughts exactly. Sheesh. For 6k I thought I’d get a better quality machine. My goodness. I had a wiring issue right out of the box with my machine. Finally got it fixed after 2 weeks of troubleshooting.

#974 4 years ago

I’ve heard dimples are Normal on playfields nowadays. It did concern me too once I started seeing them on my playfield. However, that being said, it appears that they’re starting to flatten out some. So. I don’t know. It is what it is I guess.

#978 4 years ago

Who here thinks that during telekinesis multiball, that Modes should be suspended during the multiball? Personally , I think there’s too much going on during multiball to try and complete the mode that you were on. Just a thought.

#982 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Not a big fan of this. I like to stack modes into MB. I like that some things can stack and others can’t.
If everything locks everything else out it make for a more frustrating experience when trying to get as far into the game as possible.

I don’t know. Maybe then they should freeze the countdown of the mode?

#986 4 years ago

It’s not my first machine that I’ve purchased. It’s just my first NIB. I own a South Park. And the rule set to that game kind of suck. But yeah. I’m still trying to develop a strategy to this game. With all the problems I’ve been having with it, I haven’t been able to play for any length of time. Except for now. Problem has been fixed. So I’m spending more time with it.

#987 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Check page 35 of the manual https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/StrangerThings_Pro_web.pdf
There is no kit yet, I was going to upload one others could use, but seemed like a pain.
Just click this link https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=33&product_id=52 and start adding to cart accordingly, everything the way its listed in the manual (OD vs ID, etc) corresponds to titans site, its pretty nice. Image of my order below for reference.[quoted image]

Is there a reason you went with the thin flipper rubber over the standard sized one? I’m going to put my order in today as well.

#989 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

I got the thick for my Metallica. I like them, but a little too bouncy. I really like the thin ones, no regrets.

Hmm. Maybe I’ll order both sizes and see which I like better.

#990 4 years ago

And what about post sleeves? I wanted to order those as well but I don’t see any sizes in the manual.

#992 4 years ago

My opto issue on the left ramp is back. Locking balls without any going near it. Had not happened since I last mentioned it and removed the bit hanging around it. Might have to call stern on this one.
Also, anyone else sometimes getting the mystery shot registering the completion of the drop targets? Happens from time to time. Seems like another potential opto issue.

This happens to me sometimes as well. Also, I go into modes without completing the amount of times I Have to go up ramps or orbit lanes. It’s weird.

#996 4 years ago

Plastic protectors. Yes or no?

#998 4 years ago

Ok. So this just happened. The one way gate under my demogorgon toy broke or came loose. I can’t tell. How in the world do we get under there to fix it.

46FF99C6-E90E-4616-9295-A39B3C7913BD (resized).jpeg46FF99C6-E90E-4616-9295-A39B3C7913BD (resized).jpeg8236958A-32E7-4D2F-9F1C-B4C1D5FC1C3E (resized).jpeg8236958A-32E7-4D2F-9F1C-B4C1D5FC1C3E (resized).jpeg
#999 4 years ago

Was able to fish it out of there. Looks like it got sheared on the right side as shown on pic. Don’t know where the other piece is though.

1427BD38-03F5-415E-9A3F-C8294164BDC1 (resized).jpeg1427BD38-03F5-415E-9A3F-C8294164BDC1 (resized).jpeg
#1002 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

To be honest, it probably doesn’t need to be replaced.

@chuckwurt, I was thinking the exact same thing!! I don’t think I’m going to bother with it. I’m just wondering where the other piece went.

#1004 4 years ago

Actually , the more I look at it, the more I think you’re right. It didn’t break. It just popped out of wherever it was hung. I don’t really feel like disassembling all that to get to it. For it to pop out again more then likely. What do you all think? I’m gonna play it without it and see how it acts. I don’t think it’ll make a difference though.

#1006 4 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Quick hide it before your wife see it. That may be the last straw for her. I so wanted this to be a killer game.

I mean I like the game, personally. But there’s just so many little things that keep acting up. Like the ball lock mechanism. And then this gate. Geez. I’d be pissed If I had it on location with all these little hiccups. Glad it’s HUO for me. Wow. Crazy.

#1009 4 years ago
Quoted from Orko:

Is that gate needed? I wonder if these hiccups will be corrected before the premium/LE’s start shipping.

It doesn’t seem like it. I recall someone else posting something about this happening to them too but not sure which thread it was in. Anyone ??

#1024 4 years ago

Just ordered all new titan rubber rings for my machine! I got translucent ones for the slings. I think that’ll look sweet with the lighting there. Also got some plastic protectors and some trough lighting. Has anyone seen the D20 shooter knob yet? It’s awesome. A little pricey for 50.00 but it looked awesome and it glows in the dark.

#1025 4 years ago
80B6C09F-35A5-4F14-8421-60D38129D4BA (resized).jpeg80B6C09F-35A5-4F14-8421-60D38129D4BA (resized).jpeg
#1028 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I think it’s simply due to then running out of ramp motors and waiting for more.

Oh geez. Don’t get me started. But I agree. Too many things to iron out with this game. Little things at that. Pro owners were the beta testers !!

#1033 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’ll know today if I’m getting my LE this weekend. I bet they were able to make some then had to stop due to the motors not showing up on time.

I got an extra for ya!!

#1035 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

trindawg has 17 nib motors at his house that were to be used in LE machines.

OMG !! You guys are killing me over here !!

#1036 4 years ago

@chuckwurt, I also have a couple driver boards available too.

#1038 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

I could feel your frustration, and think you were an absolute champ through all of it. For this being your first nib machine you just pulled the short straw for sure, and seemingly all over stupid wire connector.
So, now that you got it all worked out im genuinely happy, and even better, we can harass you about it.

I’m happy too. Also happy it had nothing to do with my mods. I hooked my shaker motor back up. Gonna hook my speaker lights back up too.

#1042 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Very cool. Can I buy the dice somewhere? I have blanks shooter rods from Pinball life.

Yeah you can buy the dice but it would very small compared to the one shown. Too small actually. The rod would probably be bigger then the D20 die!

#1048 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

where did yours come from?.....Just saw yours is for sale Good Luck!

Game room guys

#1108 4 years ago

I was able to film the issue I have been having with the left ramp optos. I just sent this to Pablo at Stern. Probably won't hear anything until Monday but glad I was able to film the strangeness. A few strange things happened in this game

At 2:40 into the game the ball locks in the left ramp with no ball going up the ramp
At 3:53 (not entirely related) the ball jumps the mystery target over the wall and into the left orbit. Not sure if that is intentional but it's been happening a lot to me
At 4:50 I get the upside down while in a mode and the drop targets don't raise so I don't have any thing to shoot at for it
The 2:40 second issue is the one I am most concerned about. Once it occurred I saw it three times and I'm glad I was able to get it on video.
I was filming all day and it wasn't until I was about to go to bed that this issue started happening. Wasn't even filming when the first time hit but once I start to see it odd stuff starts happening for sure. Will be interesting to hear what Stern thinks

At 3:53, when the bAll jumps the mystery target, that happens to me OFTEN. I’ve nailed it down to the plastic that is next to the target , the corner of that plastic is not fastened down in any way. And it should be. That’s where the ball is getting out. I feel like if that corner of plastic was screwed down into a post, there wouldn’t be this issue. Also; I feel like eventually, that plastic piece will most likely break off.

#1115 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Great to hear. What new content have you noticed. I believe the LE is running .83.

I’d like to know this as well.

#1118 4 years ago

Wonder when the pro owners will get that new update

#1254 4 years ago

Geez. Not good. Was the cabinet affected too ? I’d be pretty upset.

#1337 4 years ago

So I just installed my fluorescent plastic protectors today and my ice blue trough lighting kit to my machine. I absolutely love how it brightens up the trough and adds a fluorescent look to the sling area. I ordered titan translucent rings also and adds to the affect too!! Loving it!!! Looks Great. What you all think ?

46BF3ACC-A972-4461-B417-8EA6A0C32719 (resized).jpeg46BF3ACC-A972-4461-B417-8EA6A0C32719 (resized).jpeg
#1372 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

I’ll prob add the shaker. I like a subtle shake that does not rattle the glass. Best one? Pinball life? Stern?

I got the shaker from pinball life. It’s just fine. It is a little on the subtle side. Too much for my liking. I wish it shook a little more. I’ve read it can be adjusted for More shake though.

#1373 4 years ago

I’m thinking of doing the flipper fidelity speaker upgrade on my STH machine. Anyone have any experience with this brand of speakers ? Recommendations please. Thanks !

#1396 4 years ago

Which is better? Flipper fidelity or pinwoofer? I’ve seen the pinwoofer installs and it seems like there’s a lot of hardware and wiring in there making it look kind of “cluttered” for lack of better words. I like a “clean” look In my cabinet.

#1428 4 years ago
Quoted from Rando:

Posted to Stern's Facebook page (Secret Feature???):[quoted image]

Any guesses on what it could be?

#1433 4 years ago

I’m thinking maybe it has to do with the action button??

#1465 4 years ago

Big day today for us STH owners! New update hopefully!!!

#1507 4 years ago

When can we download the new code ?

#1529 4 years ago

I’m planning on ordering the kit. Do I think it’s a little Steep? Kind of. But I’m also a sucker for this. I mean. It does seem like we’re getting a lot for the price. Maybe order it in a couple weeks.

#1534 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

wern't you selling your game? have a change of heart?

Yep

#1601 4 years ago

So I bought an inclinometer off of amazon and got my machine to 6.1° pitch and the bubble level is just about in the center. Just a little off. I played my machine to see how the new pitch would affect gameplay. WOW!!! It’s much harder now. I mean it plays super fast !!! I’m not used to that. I’ve had my game for a month now and I just finally got the pitch somewhat close and I can’t believe it plays like a totally different game now !!

#1606 4 years ago

What was it at before? Mines currently at 6.5 at the flippers and it's quite tough. Thinking about backing it down to 6.3 which is where I had it for a long while. I just wish it didn't hit the left sling every single time coming out of the mystery shot. Would probably have to be close to 7 degrees to have that not hit.

It was like 5° before I actually dialed it in. Seems very hard to play now. Just incredibly fast

#1622 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

5.0 degree slope? How do you even do that? Did you have front jacked up and back all the way down. I believe with all legs levelers flat most stern pins sit at 6-6.5....

Yes. This. Exactly. I didn’t know what I was doing.

#1631 4 years ago

Can anyone here tell me how this one way gate is supposed to be oriented correctly here. I finally was able to gain access to it, but for the life of me can’t figure out which way it’s supposed to go in here.

D19A978D-6162-4641-B70A-2F5002F22F48 (resized).jpegD19A978D-6162-4641-B70A-2F5002F22F48 (resized).jpeg
#1634 4 years ago

This doesn’t seem right ?

271C1F4E-F4C6-4947-B237-714A26F32772 (resized).jpeg271C1F4E-F4C6-4947-B237-714A26F32772 (resized).jpeg
#1646 4 years ago

Just had this apart myself. here ya go[quoted image]

OMG!!! Thank you brother!!! That made all the difference in the world!! I was looping that hook end all wrong !! Wow!! I love this forum.

#1677 4 years ago

Finally feel like I’m getting my pro model dialed in. Got the correct pitch dialed in, hated it at first, because it plays so much faster now. But it seems like I’m getting used to it. Slowing down for me a little. And I hooked back up some of my mods that I had disconnected. Now that my ramp issue was figured out NOT to have been caused by any mods. I hooked back up my speaker light kit from Doug, and it’s just fantastic. Was checking out all the different modes. This one is one of my favorites. Let me know what you all think.

#1687 4 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Picked my LE up today built 2-7-2020[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice! Congrats man and have fun!

#1713 4 years ago

On the pro model, my ball lock post came out of the plunger. Is currently laying on the ramp. Can anyone recall what the fix was for this. Thought I saw something on it earlier.

#1715 4 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

Send an email to [email protected] with your serial number, I believe they have updated the parts and will send you them.

My distributor is handling the replacement. But I was told they’re on back order ATM. hmm. I wonder why?

#1759 4 years ago
Quoted from Borntolose:

Had the machine for a few weeks.. shot these the day I got it!! Been meaning to post em but been busy... anyone else’s ramp have dimples?![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yes I have a couple of those on my Ramp too. Not as bad. But they’re there.

#1833 4 years ago

Stern is still looking into the issue with the power on and resets but they did get some info back on the demogorgon metal in the mouth. Engineering said that on SOME games the bracket will be a bit more visible then on others but that this should not affect the shot. It was also asked if there was a way to adjust the Demogorgon and make it so that the bracket is not visible and they stated that due to the way the toy was drilled there is really no way to make any adjustments.
So looks like I continue to wait on the replacement ramp and hopefully that resolves my demogorgon issues.

Man, I feel your frustrations. I had nothing but issues for the first 2 weeks that I owned my pro. My center ramp was working intermittently, the ball lock plunger popped out, and it was just frustration because it seemed like I was getting nowhere with how to fix it. Stern had sent me out some new driver boards and a motor. But that still didn’t fix my problem. I finally called my distributor and the tech guy worked with me diligently until we found out it was a wiring issue. Now it seems like I have it pretty much dialed in. And am happy with it for the most part. Still waiting on a replacement ball lock plunger. Other then that, I’m good. I hope you get this resolved soon. Did you by chance talk to your distributor about this at all?

#1835 4 years ago

I have talked with him and he's aware of what's going on. Said he would help in any way he can but at this point dealing directly with stern is the best route. Pablo has been very responsive so no need to pressure them more yet.

Yeah I worked with Pablo on my issue too. He’s very responsive and quick to try solutions. But in the end, it was my distro technician that found and fixed my problem.

#1855 4 years ago

One of my GI bulbs keep blinking off and on. Will come back on if I tap it with my finger. Unfortunately , it’s the bulb that’s right above the right flipper mech. I’ve
Never taken one apart before. Is there a guide somewhere for modern sterns to take apart the flipper mech? I need to make sure that bulb is seated correctly. It’s the ball return lane on the right side.

#1858 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You should be able to inspect it from the top. Take the lane guide off.
Unfortunately this is very common on modern sterns.

Yes I was able to take the protector off and inspected it. That’s why I was saying it will come back on if I push down on it. I need to get underneath it to see if it needs re-seating or what’s going on. Looks like a pain to get under there

#1862 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You should be able to take the bulb out from up top. Push down and twist a half turn.

Oh sweet!! I will try that. Maybe it just needs to be twisted into place a little more. Maybe it got shook loose somehow

#1864 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Like I said. Common on these newer sterns. The socket might be shitty and need replaced.

Well As I was trying to remove the bulb, I accidentally removed the top part and it broke. So now I need a replacement bulb. Where do I order replacement bulbs? I broke the violet colored one.

#1866 4 years ago

Never mind. I found it on comet pinball. I got the purple. Hope that’s equivalent to violet. That’s what stern listed in the manual. Should be close enough? And i did buy extras. Lol.

#1882 4 years ago
Quoted from Kharris:

Is it the purple one? If so mine is doing the same thing.

Yes it was the purple one. I tried to take it out of its socket and I accidentally broke it. So now I had to order some more bulbs from comet pinball. Geez.

#1884 4 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Look for more code today or tomorrow boys!

Really? Is this legit?

#1901 4 years ago

Is it ok to keep my machine on overnight ?

#1912 4 years ago

Finally got my replacement ball lock plunger for my pro this morning straight from stern. I’m not going to change it out until the original one pops out on me again, though. I’m trying to get some high scores right now. And I just bought a table cart to move my pins around from harbor freight. It works, but I have to take off the Handle in order to get it in far enough to lift my machines. Any advice or mods for this ?

#1945 4 years ago

Yes!! I love the new dart animation and how he “evolves”. Also, I noticed how The Morse Code mode advances by hitting the pop bumpers!

#1958 4 years ago

It seems like with the new update, my flipper power got weaker. That’s weird. I had adjusted it to where I liked it prior to 0.85. Just weird. May have to bump it up some.

#1966 4 years ago

Sucks u guys are having so many issues. I thought my situation was bad. Wow. I’m finally getting mine dialed in. Although little tiny things going bad like bulbs and the plunger rod. Finally got that replaced as well.

1 week later
#2229 4 years ago

Just had my game reset after the Morse code mode and the ball drained. And I was having a real good game too. My first ball and I was killing it

#2252 4 years ago

Anyone try pin stadium’s UV light kit yet? I’m REALLY thinking about ordering a set. It looks so cool.

#2449 4 years ago

So I’m noticing that my flippers seem to be getting weak. I’ve upped the flipper power in the menu and it doesn’t seem like it has any effect. Is there a tutorial somewhere on how to service the flipper mech somewhere for modern stern machines ??

#2467 4 years ago
Quoted from arsmith7:

Here’s where I did the prying. There is a metal post for the standup that is in front of the guide. Kinda using that for leverage.[quoted image]

Think you for posting this. It helped. A lot. It all but eliminated the ball hitting that sling every time. It looks like there’s a screw in there to adjust that orbit lane though. So as not to have to bend it ? Not quite sure.

1 week later
#2693 4 years ago

Do you guys think we’ll be able to order pinball parts during this outbreak ? Or do you think pinball parts vendors are gonna shut down?

2 weeks later
#2993 4 years ago

I wish they would fix the syncing of voice to video during some of the modes. Their voices don’t match the movement Of their mouths. Especially during Bullies mode

1 week later
#3184 4 years ago

Just went on sterns website to check if the UV kit is in stock. It doesn’t say either way. So does that mean it’s in stock then ?

#3264 4 years ago

I think I’m gonna buy the UV kit with my trump check. Stimulate the economy and all.

#3265 4 years ago

Just ordered. Can’t wait !! I hope it adds a lot to the gameplay.

#3267 4 years ago

When you guys update, do you use the quick update option and do you verify? I always choose full update and verify. Takes awhile. But I just wanted to get others opinions on it.

#3278 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Clear Titans always for me.

Hey chuck, I saw some pics of someone who installed the glow in the dark rubbers on their machine with the UV kit installed and it looked so badass!! I have the clear also and I’m gonna switch to glow

#3286 4 years ago

It seems like a lot of the audio callouts are on different volume levels. Some are clear and some are so low that are inaudible almost. Anyone else ?

#3328 4 years ago

How long did it take for you guys to get your UV kit from stern? I ordered mine on Thursday and it doesn’t appear to have shipped out yet.

#3330 4 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Mine took two weeks thru my distributor pre covid.

Wow. That’s a long time.

#3395 3 years ago

Got my UV kit yesterday and am gonna install today! Any tips out there on the install ? I remember someone saying something about some wiring under the right ramp? Not sure but some tips would come in handy. Thanks !!

#3400 3 years ago

Does anyone have the picture of the UV kit and the glow in the dark rings? Someone posted it once but I can’t find it now.

#3447 3 years ago

So I finally finished installing my UV kit yesterday and I have to say, it’s the coolest thing since sliced bread! It’s like I have a whole new game now!! And for whatever reason, I’m getting better scores since I’ve installed it. One thing i Noticed though , on the right ramp, it seems like it leans to the right more since adding the UV rail to it. Like the rail added thickness and made it off a little. Anyone else notice that ?

#3455 3 years ago

So. On my pro model, I’ve noticed distortion coming out of my speakers since really day one. Anyone else get distortions? Especially when it says “ball locked”.

#3459 3 years ago

I have as well. I've mentioned it to stern and they offered to replace my speakers. A lot of the new hopper callouts also have pretty bad distortion. I think it's due to the amount of bass in the clips. I switched to the 10 band eq and removed the low end from the backbox speakers and increased it in the cab speaker. This has helped significantly without much sound loss. Pretty sure those stock speakers just can't handle the sounds tho

Is this something in the menu that I can access or is this a mod that you installed ?

#3468 3 years ago

I had a few minutes waiting on a build so here are the pics. From utility menu choose set audio levels. On the page that says high/low Shelf edit it and choose 10 band eq. Then on the next page for the backbox I adjusted the audio level to remove the bass and then on the page after that for the cab speaker I added bass to compensate. This was my first attempt and I do occasionally hear distortion still and probably need to reduce bass on the backglass speakers some more. If someone comes up with good settings I'd love to see what you all come up with. I only messed with it for about 10 minutes
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for this! I adjusted to same levels and it sounds a lot better!!

#3469 3 years ago

Man I don’t know if I’m getting better at this game or if it’s just dumb luck or I finally have my game dialed in, but I’m consistently getting higher scores now. I hit 200M twice in a row today. That’s high for me! I know you guys’ scores blow mine out of the water. But this game is getting so much fun now. With my higher scores. It gets exciting !!

#3490 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Impressive! I’m in between 600-700

Hey @chuckwurt, I got 854 total plays on mine. Getting close to 1k!!!

27962D53-5506-4EB9-84E7-BFDBD666BF87 (resized).jpeg27962D53-5506-4EB9-84E7-BFDBD666BF87 (resized).jpeg
#3506 3 years ago

I’ve been getting some really high scores these last couple of days. Been breaking 200 mil without a sweat it seems like. Ever since I did @chuckwurt’s adjustments to the saucer and lane adjustments, I’ve been banging out sweet scores. And the updates help too.

#3535 3 years ago

Has anyone installed the under cabinet light kit yet? Where exactly are we supposed to install the led light bar?

#3561 3 years ago

I’ve noticed since .88 code, that the Mystery lane is triggering modes. Anyone else see this? What’s the fix ??

1 month later
#4511 3 years ago

Hey chuckwurt , I’m still on .92. Can I skip ahead to .96 or do I need to do .94 first ?

2 weeks later
#4823 3 years ago

Seriously considering purchasing pinwoofer’s new speaker kit for my machine. It looks a lot cleaner of an install then their previous versions. Anyone have a pinwoofer system installed in their machine?

#4825 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I don’t but I’m considering his new product as well. Waiting until someone else does and sees how it compares to stock plus sub. Haha

chuckwurt I will probably get it soon. Maybe in the next week or so. I’ll let you know how it goes.

#4833 3 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

Agree with chuckwurt - if you have the LE/SE trim package with upgraded backbox speakers (or your own), leave them in. The amp and expander is what's going to give you the definition in the backbox and the clarity of call-outs compared to the stock amp.
We offer a package (electronics + sub speaker and ring) sans the backbox speakers. It's in the shop under "PinWoofer GT 8in Spike-2 Super Kit" or search for "EHOH" in the upper-right.
One Elvira is installed and he commented to me, and we sold a couple more over the weekend so it will be a week or two before we get a read point on those.
Thanks!
https://PinWoofer.com

Yes. I have the pro version with the stock 4” backbox speakers. And since day one I’ve been underwhelmed by their performance, especially during most of the call outs. I’m so close to pulling the trigger on your setup. It looks cleaner then most aftermarket setups and that’s what I like. I don’t like a lot of wires and boards laying around. I like clean look.

#4838 3 years ago

Who has the shooter rod in stock??

#4889 3 years ago

@chuckwurt, I finally pulled the trigger on the pinwoofer GT system for my stranger things machine! Hopefully get it by this weekend so I can install it and report back to everyone !

#4897 3 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Yes, I've been getting the same thing, was getting it on my JPPrem too...Drives me crazy

I went ahead and sprung for the new GT pinwoofer system. With the upgraded 5.25” speakers. I’m tired of my machine not being able to make out all the cool call outs. They seem muddled and buried.

#4899 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

And has this helped?

I just ordered it. It hasn’t arrived yet. But I’ll give you all a full update once it does.

#4904 3 years ago
Quoted from Powerhouse47:

Just installed mine over the weekend. They sound cleaner and step up. Make sure to keep game volume at 15 and adjust volume through the amp.

How are the call outs? Do they seem cleaner sounding and separated from the rest of the mix?

#4909 3 years ago

Ahh man I’m super stoked to get my pinwoofer setup. I never was a fan of the stock audio setup in my pro. Can’t wait !!

#4916 3 years ago

My pinwoofer just shipped today. @chuckwurt, you definitely should get one too.

2 weeks later
#5053 3 years ago

Got my pinwoofer GT speaker upgrades and am finally going to install this weekend ! Was supposed to last weekend, but the wifey had other plans for me! I can’t wait!

1 week later
#5230 3 years ago

So I ordered the shooter lane protector for my machine from mezel mods. Anyone else out there have one installed ? I’m starting to notice the slightest bit of Wear on my shooter lane and don’t want it to get worse.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

8,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider trindawg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party?tu=trindawg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.