IMG_3761 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3762 (resized).png
20240410_201325.jpg
abba tk lock (resized).jpg
IMG_3111 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3109 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3108 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #235 ALERT: Be sure to check PRO Ball Lock Post, it can come loose. Posted by chuckwurt (4 years ago)

Post #712 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Replacement rubber info Posted by fooflighter (4 years ago)

Post #1272 TECH: TOYS. Demogorgon adjustment to make less shot rejects Posted by rs812 (4 years ago)

Post #1273 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Projector focus adjustment instructions Posted by rs812 (4 years ago)

Post #1717 TECH: PLAYFIELD. TK lock and deflector adjustment instructions Posted by chuckwurt (4 years ago)

Post #3533 TECH: BOOTING. Fix for Spike machines that frequently have problems booting Posted by C0untDeM0net (3 years ago)

Post #5955 MOD: Stranger Things action button surround and shooter plate Posted by pinballslave (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider teejayn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12671 2 years ago

Demogorgon Screen in constant motion?
Had a really great game (for me) recently and found myself immersed in a 6-ball multiball. In the heat of the moment I noticed that the Demogorgon Screen was in constant motion - up down up down... until whatever mode I was in ended and the screen returned to normal operation.
I'm hoping that this was game intentional and not a software glitch?

#12693 2 years ago

I had some trouble with mine as well. Reseating the connections on the node board inside the topper fixed mine. Perhaps temporarily substituting a different CAT cable between the topper node and CPU board? There is nothing else inside the topper but a single strip of 72 RGB LEDs which plug into the node board. Your power cable seems fine as the LEDs are lit. Not much else to do. Would be interested in knowing your final fix.

#12716 2 years ago

I acquired a new spare s6000 projector direct from the manufacture for my Stranger Things Premium. Same exact unit and model number. While I can get the new projector to display the Stranger Things video, it's not automatic. For example:
- When I turn the game on the new projector doesn't come on. I have to manually press the side power button on the projector.
- When the projector comes on there is an intro screen with some display options and I have to manually select (with a provided remote control) the "USB" screen and then I get the Stranger Things video.
- When I turn the game off the projector stays on. There is apparently an internal battery in the projector to keep it running on loss of power. Again I have to manually press the side power button on the projector to turn it off.

Obviously there must be a way or setting to automate this new projector but I'm at a loss. There are crude projector instructions but the printed English translation is nonsensical. Can anyone provide some initial setup instructions? Stern?
Thanks for any help!

#12719 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Did stern not have these available for warranty replacement? They gave me a warranty replacement like a year after I had the game.

At this point I don't need a warranty replacement, just looking for a working spare.

#12720 2 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Is the menu in English? If not, try using google translate with your phone camera to view and translate it.
Does the remote work on your original one to view the settings and compare?
Maybe they customized it for Stern or there is a special commercial version with auto off/on.

The menu is in English but it's all centered around setting up the projector to a smartphone via WiFi to project video or pics from the smartphone, and even that I could not figure out how to do.
And I'm afraid to try the remote on the original projector for fear of undoing how it's currently set up. I'm sure there is someone at Stern who knows the setup, but finding that willing person might be tricky. I hope not.

5 months later
#14740 1 year ago

Well, I decided to make my own lit up Hopper's Blazer. I actually made 3, one for me, one for my Son, and one for a close friend. Yep, we each have a Stranger Things - 2 Pros and a Premium. I actually bought the 3 Blazers back in 2020 for only $11 each. The cost each for the LEDs, resistors, circuit board, and wiring - under $10. Engineering and assembly time - waaay to much but it was fun and I'm glad that it's finally done! Will mount them in the back right corner and using the 12v board supply in the back box. Attached is a shaky video of all 3 - I'm just all out of steam to make a smooth fancy one!

3 weeks later
#14981 1 year ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Pinball Browser now can open and decode all sound tracks in Stranger Things Premium 1.05, so cleland can generate again his modified ROM based on latest code for ST Premium

Just 3 days ago cleland said it was still broke. Crossing fingers and hoping it is now really fixed!

4 months later
#16235 1 year ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

nope, says Stern Pinball as it's been moved to the archives.

I suspect that if Stern realized that a particular title was now profitable, it wouldn't matter if the title was archived or not.

1 month later
#16598 1 year ago

Regarding the STh Projector
Just to clarify a few things, as I posted about a year ago in this thread, I acquired a new spare OEM S6000 projector for my STh Premium direct from the manufacture as they were readily available back then. $150 shipped. Same exact unit and model number. While I was able to get the new projector to display the Stranger Things video perfectly, it was not automatic:
1. When you turn the game on the new projector doesn't come on. You have to manually press the side power button on the projector.
2. When you turn the game off the projector stays on because there is an internal battery in the projector to keep it running on loss of external power. Again, you have to manually press the side power button on the projector to turn it off.
3. When the projector does come on there is an intro screen with some display options and you have to manually select (with the provided remote control) the "USB" screen and then I get the Stranger Things video.

So, the original OEM S6000 DOES have an internal battery, WiFi, and a wireless remote control. The Stern S6000 does not have a battery. This is further noticeable as the OEM S6000 is distinctly heavier. Don't know if the Stern S6000 has WiFi or wireless remote but that's moot as neither is needed. Disconnecting the OEM's internal battery did not help as it still needed the power button to turn on. The intro screen and the required USB menu selection needs to be disabled but unfortunately there is no screen setting that I can see/find in the OEM S6000 to get around that.

So how did Stern get their S6000 to auto-power on and also go directly to the correct display setting?
I suspect it's all firmware - but I'll let others speculate and/or inform.
Meanwhile I'll just wait and hope for a solution or sell it as is. Else I have a nice brand new fully functioning $150 pinball paperweight.

#16602 1 year ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Thanks for chiming in. It sounds like there is an "industrial/commercial version" that is a dumb projector and "consumer version" for travel use with phones and wifi streaming .... looking at the online manual it appears the IR remote can be used to turn it on off.

Actually that would be the easiest way to use the OEM S6000 in the STh. After turning the game on, use the IR remote to turn on the projector and select the hdmi port. Would only take about 15 seconds to do that and your up and running. A minor extra step each time at game turn on and saving $450 on the projector.

#16633 1 year ago

Sometimes pictures are worth a thousand words:
Stern S6000 + Retail S6000-1sm (resized).jpgStern S6000 + Retail S6000-1sm (resized).jpg
Stern S6000 + Retail S6000-2sm (resized).jpgStern S6000 + Retail S6000-2sm (resized).jpgStern S6000 + Retail S6000-3sm (resized).jpgStern S6000 + Retail S6000-3sm (resized).jpgStern S6000 + Retail S6000-4sm (resized).jpgStern S6000 + Retail S6000-4sm (resized).jpgStern S6000 + Retail S6000-5sm (resized).jpgStern S6000 + Retail S6000-5sm (resized).jpgStern S6000 + Retail S6000-6sm (resized).jpgStern S6000 + Retail S6000-6sm (resized).jpgStern S6000 + Retail S6000-7sm (resized).jpgStern S6000 + Retail S6000-7sm (resized).jpgI bought the original S6000 OEM version over a year ago in hopes of using it as backup in my STh premium. Of course there are internal differences as both were designed to do different things. The original OEM version has a battery, Wi-Fi, and IR for the wireless remote control. The Stern S6000 has no battery, likely unique firmware, and no need for wi-fi or IR.

Bottom Line - BOTH are model S6000 projectors made different for different applications.

#16645 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

But what do the CIRCUIT boards say? Are they different model numbers?

I never took apart the Stern S6000. The original OEM S6000 was advertised by the manufacture as the model S6000.
BOTH are model S6000 projectors made different for different applications.

#16647 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Doesn't mean anything. The revision screened on the board tells the story.

Well, you have to start somewhere. I suppose the Stern S6000 could really be a Model M991234 circuit rev 1.191b - but so what? It says in the Stern STh manual that it's an S6000 and no one seems to dispute that. Geez.

#16649 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Absolutely. Start somewhere. ......

The intent of my picture posting was specific and I'm content with its contents.
It will be interesting to see if an alternate lower cost backup projector for the STh can be made/found!

#16664 1 year ago

Ok, here's the thing. If I win the 1.6 Billion Power Ball, I will pay for the STh license renewal, pay for the development of a well designed projector in large quantities, and further sweeten the pot to have the newly released STh pins sold at the original release price! Whady ya think?

#16667 1 year ago
Quoted from TeeJayN:

Ok, here's the thing. If I win the 1.6 Billion Power Ball, I will pay for the STh license renewal, pay for the development of a well designed projector in large quantities, and further sweeten the pot to have the newly released STh pins sold at the original release price! Whady ya think?

IN ADDITION, if you previously paid more than the initial release price, I'll pay back the difference!! Let's see what else.....

3 months later
#17266 1 year ago
Quoted from rx2006je:

My right flipper is sticking. I press the button and the flipper stays in the up position. I made sure the contacts were clean and if you hit the left flipper it will go down. Do you think it needs a new coil sleeve? Kinda annoying when trying to live catch or cradle.

Make sure you have some vertical play in the flipper shaft - about 1/16". Very little to no play will cause the flipper to bind.

2 weeks later
#17320 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinash:

Brand new code and SD card did not fix the dimly lit Morse code insert

It sounds like a board problem. The Morse Code LED is on a small 3 LED board - 520-7011-00. Fortunately STh has 2 of those boards in the game. I'd start swapping those 2 boards and see if the problem follows. Also check/reseat connector CN2 on board 8B - 520-8433-00.

7 months later
#18288 5 months ago
Quoted from beefzap:

How much do the extras on the premium add to the gameplay over the Pro? Played a pro yesterday and really liked it. Have a Premium ordered but now thinking about changing to the Pro. Thanks

Oh boy, here we go - again.....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

6,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Louisville, KY
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walnutport, PA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

8,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lewiston, NY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider teejayn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party?tu=teejayn and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.