StrangerThingsProjectorIssue (resized).jpg
IMG_3491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3470 (resized).jpeg
A_SSK (resized).jpg
AE99B1FC-2FD4-481F-8B7F-6B7DF79E16DD (resized).jpeg
image_67200769 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #235 ALERT: Be sure to check PRO Ball Lock Post, it can come loose. Posted by chuckwurt (4 years ago)

Post #712 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Replacement rubber info Posted by fooflighter (4 years ago)

Post #1272 TECH: TOYS. Demogorgon adjustment to make less shot rejects Posted by rs812 (4 years ago)

Post #1273 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Projector focus adjustment instructions Posted by rs812 (4 years ago)

Post #1717 TECH: PLAYFIELD. TK lock and deflector adjustment instructions Posted by chuckwurt (4 years ago)

Post #3533 TECH: BOOTING. Fix for Spike machines that frequently have problems booting Posted by C0untDeM0net (3 years ago)

Post #5955 MOD: Stranger Things action button surround and shooter plate Posted by pinballslave (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider smokinhos.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7144 3 years ago

Hello.. joined the club today.. need some help. I am getting a random ball save. Anyone had that problem. Running the newest Cleland code. Thanks! Awesome game.. loving it.

#7148 3 years ago
Quoted from dmieczko:

It has a left lane ball save when “cast of protection” is lit. Is that what you’re getting or something else??

No.. its pretty random.. like the game thinks I've lost a ball. Actually says "ball saved" and kicks another out. Then we end up with 2 balls and registers both. Its odd for sure.

#7156 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Make sure you don’t have an outlane switch that is randomly registering. If so, just need to adjust it so it not as sensitive.

Ok.. I adjusted the outlane switches. One did seem pretty sensitive. Didnt take much to register. Couple games in and so far so good. If it doesn't work, may replace both. Being a novice, how dies the center drain register? It seems like the game gives a ball save before it makes it to the trough and I don't see and optos.. thanks for the help.

#7160 3 years ago

I installed speaker lights today, the badging backer, blue flipper rubber, and clear everywhere else. Have the fans to cmgo on next and finally found a uv kit (on order). We are loving it so far.

20210106_185725 (resized).jpg20210106_185725 (resized).jpg
#7233 3 years ago

Hey guys.. Ive been under the hood a bit more than expected on the new pin (premium). Getting the no input signal for the projector. Played with the hdmi and connections. Started working again, but seems to load up slow. Is yours slow to fire up? It failed again this morning. I have an email to stern. I will say the TK lock has been working great for us. One last thing.. I had a constant dim glow from the monster hunting playfield light. I think I read it may be a short? Thanks! Btw - we are loving this pin..

#7239 3 years ago

Idk.. we love the projector. I think it adds a ton to the game. Something you just don't see on other pins. Our TK lock is working fine out of the box (although others are struggling) and is pretty sweet. The demogorgan bouncing around adds a little as well. Ive seen premiums for as low as 6500 so the gap between used pro and premium may be less than the msrp gap. Really happy with the premium.. plus that's the one the Mrs wanted..

#7267 3 years ago

Fired up the pin.. the projector us working again. Didnt change anything. I am running an aftermarket SD with Cleland code, which is sweet. Still trying to sort out the dim playfield insert and why the projector is acting up. No word from stern yet.

#7323 3 years ago

Installed UV kit today - insanely cool. Adjusted demogorgan. Pretty easy. Two nuts under the playfield, wood screw on top, two plastics removed. Remove "Gordy", pull spacers.. reinstall. Perfect. I can't believe I ignored this game originally. But in my defense I played a pro right out of the box with no UV. Crazy what the pin can be after you set it up right. Fantastic pin.

#7379 3 years ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

Does anyone know if Stern will be making the uv kits again someday? On their site it says sold out and has for some time .
I am picking up a LE tomorrow and it does not have the kit and I think I would like to have it.

I bought mine last week from chicago.. Pinball Life i think. Try them. Absolute must have.

#7455 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

I bought it and so worth it. Really makes the ramp look so much better. The sticker over the rivets do not bother me at all.

I totally agree. Really like the ramp decal. Looks great. Covering the rivets didn't bother me either. Holding up fine. No noticeable wear so far.

2 weeks later
#7685 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

As someone who is considering the purchase of a premium, these kinds of comments are concerning to say the least.
I've been interested in this title from the day that it was first announced. Decided to let it mature a bit before coming back to it for possible purchase. The amount of dialing in required on this pin seems to take the cake (and I have a R&M).
Are people really spending 40 hours to get this thing dialed in?

I recently traded a pin and picked up a nib premium. The TK lock works great compared to other comments, unless we just have a poor shot up the ramp. A normal shot sticks over 95% of the time. I did have to lower the demogorgan. One time deal. Pulled it out, removed the large plastic spacers, put 2 small spacers in. And perfect. Installed the UV kit a couple weeks later. Pretty easy (I actually enjoy tinkering) and is outstanding. Had a projector issue, but under warranty sent me a board.. 4 screws later and 10 mins.. all is well. I know people expect things to work 100% out of the box and I agree they should, but this game is outstanding in premium form with UV and really isn't that hard to work on. BUT i haven't had the frustration of the TK lock others have had.. im also notvan early adopter of new pins for that reason. I remember growing up that my dad refused to buy the first year of a new xar model. He wanted the kinks worked out before he bought. Im waiting on AIQ fir the sane reason. Better code, mechs fixed, etc. Now that she's dialed in, unless I am messing with the rubbers, cleaning the playfield or adding a mod, I dont have to do anything to it. Just grab a cold one, power up, and push the button.

#7686 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Custom topper I saw on FB. Only making 50. I bet this won’t be cheap. It’s basically a big version of the mezel mods sign.
https://www.facebook.com/100008313660321/videos/2922072768079817/?

Its expensive but looks cool.. however, the arcade wasn't a big enough deal imo to warrant that topper. The show isn't based at the arcade. I think the mezelmod is perfect to add a little touch to the game. How bout a demogorgan topper like the cftbl or bksor.

#7687 3 years ago

Cointaker decal is sweet. Some complain about the rivets, but just lay the decal over them carefully and work the extra air out. Looks awesome covering the whole ramp. Highly recommend.

#7692 3 years ago

DIY drink/snack shelf is done in the pinball room aka old dining room. Time to put the art blades in. Ive installed mirror blades but not art blades, so I'm going to pull the playfield out. I'll post updates later...

20210202_201000 (resized).jpg20210202_201000 (resized).jpg20210203_094952 (resized).jpg20210203_094952 (resized).jpg
#7696 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

If those are from Tilt, you really don't need to remove the playfield. I installed a set of the forest ones from them and it really couldn't have been easier.
I had my wife help by holding the playfield upright. I peeled the decal completely off of the backing and then set it in. The tack on these was forgiving if I was off on first contact. I wouldn't even dream of the wet method with these. YMMV if using other brands.

These aren't from tilt. Bought them from Europe. I liked the color gradient on these and there's no demogorgan, so it falls into the background. Matches the ramp decal great too.. thanks for the advise, I hope I have the same outcome as you.

#7711 3 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

I never bought the uv kit. Are these still available?

Absolute must have.. with the UV playfield, plastics, etc.. its a totally different game. Everyone who's plays it is in awe the first time upside starts. I am still loving it. Get one as soon as u can.

#7719 3 years ago

Ok.. blades and update complete. Havent played the new code but will with the family tonight. Some random pics of it back together. And yes.. pretty easy install, but I did opt to take the playfield out.

20210203_193016 (resized).jpg20210203_193016 (resized).jpg20210203_193018 (resized).jpg20210203_193018 (resized).jpg20210203_193026 (resized).jpg20210203_193026 (resized).jpg20210203_193040 (resized).jpg20210203_193040 (resized).jpg
#7744 3 years ago

Has to look up "death save". That is without question a cheat move. It makes me question now if high scores posted are legit. Now I've had some lucky bounces on which it has somehow outlaned and back into play.. now I know how. The center drain bounce back has always been accepted. Death save is a pretty calculated and aggressive move.

3 weeks later
#8247 3 years ago
Quoted from palacekeeper:

Does anyone know where the option is to adjust how far the center screen lowers onto the playfield? I'm pretty sure I saw it somewhere before but I can't find it now...

I'd be curious on this too.. I replaced the mylar under it already. Would like to dial it back a little.. thanks.

2 months later
#10726 2 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

IMO, the Tilt Graphics “wooded” art blades are far more appealing than the stock Stern blades. Check them out if you get a chance before you decide.

20210203_150830 (resized).jpg20210203_150830 (resized).jpg20210203_150836 (resized).jpg20210203_150836 (resized).jpg20210203_193016 (resized).jpg20210203_193016 (resized).jpg20210203_193026 (resized).jpg20210203_193026 (resized).jpg20210203_193040 (resized).jpg20210203_193040 (resized).jpg
4 months later
#12411 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yes. I put another layer of Mylar on mine just to be safe. 3000 plays later and it’s all good.

Mine gets a groove in it. Once in a while I just peel it up, cut a new piece the same size and stick it on. No issues.

#12461 2 years ago

Wrong post.. my bad.

#12462 2 years ago
Quoted from king_pin:

Has anyone removed the mylar below demo ramp to replace it with a new one? Curious if it just peels off or if there's something special I need to do to remove it. Thanks all.

I just peeled mine off and cut a new one the same size and put it down. I cleaned the playfield with Novus 1 before putting the new one on. I've replaced mine 3 times in 750 plays or so.

1 month later
#12916 2 years ago

I really like the look of the communication wall. The D20 die is cool too. Must get a set of glows bands/rubbers, awesome under UV. CLELAND sound mod! I put in art blades and speaker lights too.

#12920 2 years ago

Yup. I think its only flippers, slings, and some posts. Not a ton of rubber in the game. Looks insanely cool.

2 weeks later
#13055 2 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

looks like cleland will be able to do that voodoo that you do so well
[quoted image]

There's zero chance I'm updating to 1.05 without Cleland. Get your donations ready for him to take this project on. #WeReady

1 week later
#13238 2 years ago

If u have the right tools ready.. maybe an hour... greatest upgrade EVER!

#13240 2 years ago

Lol.. yes it will.. but so worth it.

#13241 2 years ago

Do u have pinshields? For putting in the art blades?

#13256 2 years ago
Quoted from MasterBlaster:

I was watching the Stern ‘making of’ video today….I didn’t realize that they actually used a UV-activated ink on the playfield. I always thought they had just selected colors that glow when the UV light hits them. Pretty neat.

I went with clear titans to start then tried glow just screwing around. I thought the glow would look weird.. but its pretty sweet. Im not a topper guy, but an add on like the UV is better than any mod or add on ive ever bought. Can't imagine the game without it. The first time the UV kicked i was hooked. Hanging balls on the TK look is killer too.. although not crucial to enjoying the game. Get that demogorgan adjusted and you are good to go.

#13286 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I am waiting on my art blades from stern. I have a quick question. Do they also have art that’s UV activated?

I bought my overseas.. they don't glow but the color is killer and don't have the Demogorgan in it.

20210203_094952 (resized).jpg20210203_094952 (resized).jpg20210203_150830 (resized).jpg20210203_150830 (resized).jpg20210203_150836 (resized).jpg20210203_150836 (resized).jpg20210203_193018 (resized).jpg20210203_193018 (resized).jpg20210203_193026 (resized).jpg20210203_193026 (resized).jpg20210203_193040 (resized).jpg20210203_193040 (resized).jpg

#13295 2 years ago

So installed the shooter rod.. kind of a pain in the A.. but got it done. Now I have 2 errors.. anyone seen this. Game plays fine except that the left pop fires for some reason randomly.

Update: all tech alerts are cleared, not sure how.. left pop keeps randomly firing.

Update again: simple lead switch adjustment. Simple fix. Who would have known an HO slot car shoe adjustment tool would work perfectly for pinball..

#13312 2 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

The boys got a 3D printer for Xmas...made a Mind Flayer mod (using someone's free model)
[quoted image]

Super cool.. but ut wouldn't last after a few games. We get some fierce airballs once in a while up there.

1 month later
#14029 2 years ago
Quoted from Gutterghoul:

Uv kit installed with transferred IC, GITD Titans, Flipper toppers, Cleland installed. All set up, so happy, just contemplating when to get the D20 flasher on the Demagorgon DnD card. And maybe the light up shooter rod and artblades...and invisiglass.
[quoted image]

Do it..!

1 month later
#14509 1 year ago
Quoted from timmmmyboy:

The gate at the mystery shot has been giving me hell, the ball manages to get caught there regularly sitting on the gate and against the left wall where it can't roll anymore without some heavy nudging. In an attempt to bend the wireform to sit a bit more flush I broke it. Guessing I need to get a wire jig to rebuild this or is there on available on Marco or Pinball Life? If I get the jig to build my own what gauge piano wire do I need to get?

Did you change balls? Premium or pro?

1 week later
#14623 1 year ago

Yeah.. I've had the same response from Stern.

3 weeks later
#14838 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

These things are awesome!
[quoted image]

Wait.. what? No glowy flippers?

#14840 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I have them, was debating on installing them or not.

Ohhh yes.. install. Awesome!

#14842 1 year ago

Who's installed a shaker in their stranger things? Worth it. I have a premium. Thanks!

3 weeks later
#15141 1 year ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

Definitely use Rapid Tac when installing art blades. That’s what I use and I have never had a problem installing them on my own. For the record, I am just a regular dude and not some type of repair nut or pinball technician. It can easily be done well by the common man.

Soapy water technique. Ive installed to sets of artblades. One by removing the playfield and one left it. Both times using a spray bottle with soapy water worked perfect. I install mirrors with carpet tape. Can install without removing playfield. Make sure you pick up some pinshields! Absolute must have. Good luck!

#15144 1 year ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

My cab is super snug, and I have a pretty hard time sliding in the glass the first 1/2 of the way. I doubt art blades would be a good idea in my case.

You'd be surprised how much room you can create. I had a dialed in and thought no way am I getting art blades in. But left the playfield in, stood it up, push it to the other side as far as she'd go. Soapy water on back side of the artblade and slid right in. After it was wiped down the best I could I slid the pinshield. Then I pushed the playfield over against the pinshield and sane process on the other side. Turned out perfect.

3 weeks later
#15345 1 year ago

Only bolted to the floor game we have!

#15398 1 year ago

Not necessarily bad... the relay for my Grogu mod clicked away like that during attract mode because it was a light sensor. The attract mode has a wave of light back and forth across the pf which had him going nuts switching on and off. I have since changed it from a light sensor to a rollover. It still clicks but only during gameplay and only when the rollover is triggered. I dont hear it anymore. I assume when you are playing it clicks less often..?

#15416 1 year ago

Yes. $6899 plus tax and ship...

1 week later
#15533 1 year ago

The protector is also much better when you dial in the focus and center it up. Easy to do and worth the 20 mins or so to get it right. Thankfully I got mine nib when they were $7400 or so. Shes bolted. Our favorite pin. Would love to have a back up projector as that is the only thing I'm concerned about long term.

1 week later
#15690 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I am super sorry and it's not how I like to conduct business but PM's came flying in and before I knew, shit went sideways. Now I can't even reply to people at the moment because I maxed out my PMs for 24 hours. I'm a scumbag Pinsider. Sorry man.
I would blame SonOfaDiddly but I don't think he will take a second hit specifically after I blame him for trading away my Stranger Things.
Oh well, live and learn. I'll do better next time but in all seriousness. Sorry. All joking aside.

I think U R awesome..

#15751 1 year ago
Quoted from Lucxor:

Soon i can show off some mod im working on since last year when i bougth my stranger things. And yes it is compatible with medisinyl. I learnd a lot on this Project.
[quoted image]

I love me some medisynl mods and have a bunch in my pins, but the recent Sth i just couldn't fall in love with. Has some really neat components but to me the different parts seemed cooler than the sum. Im very interested to see what you come up with. Thanks for doing this.

#15758 1 year ago
Quoted from Lucxor:

Im ecxited to show off what i been working on and see what people think about it.
Every one has his own liking and thats the great about it.
My Parts i am working on, can be used with or without the medisinyl upgrade (wich i like a lot by the way).
I can't tell if you will like what i have done but time will tell
I Opened a separeted Topic and will post Updates there:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-upgrade-by-lucxor

I jumped in an watching your other thread.

#15772 1 year ago
Quoted from Xdetroit:

Does anyone have a recommendation for art blades. I prefer the Stern ones over the tilt graphics designs. Are there any others out there?

These... I like them because they don't have the demogorgan on them. Just the woods.

20210203_094952 (resized).jpg20210203_094952 (resized).jpg20210203_150830 (resized).jpg20210203_150830 (resized).jpg20210203_150836 (resized).jpg20210203_150836 (resized).jpg20210203_193018 (resized).jpg20210203_193018 (resized).jpg
#15801 1 year ago
Quoted from Xdetroit:

Are those the made by Tilt?
I like your little helper

I got them from a company overseas (id have to look it up). Took forever. I complained they were lost. They sent another set, took about a week to arrive. Then the original set showed up.. lol.

3 weeks later
#15952 1 year ago
Quoted from Soundkillr:

Got my starbright9 material in on Friday. Spent some of the weekend installing it on stand ups and drop down targets as well as the screen billboard and spinner....if anyone is interested to see the end results...I have two videos below. One shows it with the screens off as well...because I know some people would like to see what it looks like off. My next step is to do the ramps....

Looks sweet. Just got my screen material a couple weeks ago. I ordered the adhesive backing someone recommended from Amazon. I assume u did that as well?

1 month later
#16305 1 year ago
Quoted from WannabeWizard:

Just joined the group since I’m out of options. I have a Premium and looking for a new playfield. Anyone have any leads on one or willing to part with one. Please send me a DM if you do. My playfield is chipping by kick out. Thanks

I assume you mean on the left middle of the playfield? If so i just noticed mine is too.. shame because it separated right at the edge of the circle cut out. There's a pretty big section thats lifted. Its huo, had it since new. Not sure there's 1k plays on it. Not sure what to do about it.

#16312 1 year ago

He'd sell a ton of them..

2 weeks later
#16502 1 year ago
Quoted from cfh:

In addition if you are curious about the DarkStar9 (aka StarBright9) material, here's some pictures. It's pretty neat stuff. Straight on it looks gray. but from the side it looks black. Pretty nifty stuff. Just wish it didn't cost so much.
http://pinrepair.com/stranger/darkstar1.jpg
http://pinrepair.com/stranger/darkstar2.jpg

I've started my install.. here are a couple pics to show you the difference. This is also in the middle of the day in florida. Outside panels done, obviously middle was not. The 2nd to last pic shows it done. Also shown is demodog target with and without.

20221001_153506 (resized).jpg20221001_153506 (resized).jpg20221001_164146 (resized).jpg20221001_164146 (resized).jpg20221001_164148 (resized).jpg20221001_164148 (resized).jpg20221001_164159 (resized).jpg20221001_164159 (resized).jpg20221001_172528 (resized).jpg20221001_172528 (resized).jpg20221001_172538 (resized).jpg20221001_172538 (resized).jpg

5 months later
#17521 11 months ago

Question.. ive had STh for a while now. Theres plenty of bricked shots off the drops with the drop target not dropping. I've always just dealt with it as part of the game. Recently we traded for a Bond and same bricked shots on the rocket drop targets. I clipped the Bond drop target springs, now zero bricked shots.. target always drop. Has anyone done that on their STh?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
8,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mount Washington, KY
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toppers
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
Machine - For Sale
Covington, GA
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider smokinhos.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party?tu=smokinhos and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.