IMG_3764 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3761 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3762 (resized).png
20240410_201325.jpg
abba tk lock (resized).jpg
IMG_3111 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3109 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #235 ALERT: Be sure to check PRO Ball Lock Post, it can come loose. Posted by chuckwurt (4 years ago)

Post #712 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Replacement rubber info Posted by fooflighter (4 years ago)

Post #1272 TECH: TOYS. Demogorgon adjustment to make less shot rejects Posted by rs812 (4 years ago)

Post #1273 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Projector focus adjustment instructions Posted by rs812 (4 years ago)

Post #1717 TECH: PLAYFIELD. TK lock and deflector adjustment instructions Posted by chuckwurt (4 years ago)

Post #3533 TECH: BOOTING. Fix for Spike machines that frequently have problems booting Posted by C0untDeM0net (3 years ago)

Post #5955 MOD: Stranger Things action button surround and shooter plate Posted by pinballslave (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider slrage.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13174 2 years ago
Quoted from Maverick203b:

I have a pro uv kit and should be in on this run of pros coming out with insider connected. Do I need the premium uv kit instead as the pro up kit is the whole apron?

No. You will just have to cut out the graphic on the right side of the apron and transfer the reader to the uv apron. Works great.

#13229 2 years ago

To each his own but I think the topper is Bad Ass in person

#13293 2 years ago

This is how inset mine up. Just got the machine and UV kit a week ago.

5C35713E-5D22-434C-AE59-8ABE3581C9A6 (resized).jpeg5C35713E-5D22-434C-AE59-8ABE3581C9A6 (resized).jpeg
#13376 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

If you currently have a pro UV kit on your pro, there is a cut out hiding under the right side triangle sticker. You can just move the QR reader over to your UV apron. You can either use the dumb red sticker or cut your existing one.

460D47CF-ED02-44C4-A883-6AD0B59DE7CF (resized).jpeg460D47CF-ED02-44C4-A883-6AD0B59DE7CF (resized).jpeg
#13377 2 years ago
Quoted from bajm:

Any pictures?

EF0E4C3D-3F44-43A0-B5CF-67BC9AB2527E (resized).jpegEF0E4C3D-3F44-43A0-B5CF-67BC9AB2527E (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#13607 2 years ago
Quoted from friscopinball:

I wish I owned this pin.
Saving for an LE.

Not sure how others feel on this but I chose a pro and added the shaker/uv kit and even the topper (not necessary but look cool imho) and don’t feel shorted at all.

I have played the LE a lot more than the pro but really don’t miss the projector while playing the game and the ball magnet is glitchy and not all that important to me personally. I was able to get a NIB pro from the latest run with the Connectivity thingy and am really happy with my decision.

#13609 2 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

Too bad there isn't a mod to add the projector to the pro especially with all of these Prem uv kits installed on pros. That would get people 80% of the Prem/le experience. I do really love the (dialed in) tk lock too, but it's not environmental/mood setting like the projector.

Yeah don’t get me wrong the projector definitely sets the mood/looks cool……you don’t miss it in the gameplay though.

#13705 2 years ago

I have them both.

Really thought I would be tempted to sell my AFMR after the first few weeks (honeymoon) of owning ST but you know….I really love the “feel” of AFM! The ramps and orbit shots feel great and the game is challenging but just like ST has that one more game feel.

ST is such a cool game and I see keeping it for a long time but man AFM just “feels” so much smoother and more solidly built. Even after all the years and innovations it’s still a winner imho!

So happy to have have both in my collection.

Quoted from Happy81724:

Does anyone have or had an attack from mars and stranger things in the line up at the same
Time? I knew they were similar but I’m thinking it may be one or the other down the road. I really enjoy both. Stranger things is more recent so playing that way more right now. Almost leaning towards selling our AFM SE. people are fetching 9500-10k and we have a cactus canyon coming
Curious folks thoughts on keeping both.

4 weeks later
#14064 2 years ago

Can’t wait for my Halloween Game to show up!!

Quoted from radfordian3505:

Will definitely try that next game. And thanks. I absolutely love both of them and don't agree with either of the hate they recieved

#14066 2 years ago

I got to play about 10 games on one so far and was Love at First Play. Can’t wait to get to in a dark quiet room.

Quoted from radfordian3505:

You will absolutely love it. It is the most unique game I have ever played much less had the honor of owning. It is a absolute blast.

#14095 2 years ago

I can see from a “competitive play” standpoint why you Love ST and hate games like Halloween. I like a mix of both styles but that’s “just like my opinion, man.”

We can all agree we love ST!

Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

besides my home STh, i very rarely have the chance to play for ninety minutes to work up to a fun/enjoyable game of pinball. all my opinions are through the lens of competitive play so you can treat them as such
i'm also a disagreeable ornery asshole, but my strategy for LoV (and Rush and Halloween) remains "put your coins in something else instead"
...and to be more than fair- none of those three games are finished yet. everyone thought STh sucked at first, too. myself included. ill get to reevaluate both games when i head back up to AYCE G for their Rush launch.

5 months later
#15826 1 year ago

I appreciate y’all posting these powder coating pics and translite pics. I need to get to modding my pro and these help! I really don’t like the transite or the decals on the pro.

#15827 1 year ago

Here’s another alternative out there as well. I like it too.

7AC712B5-E6C3-4F0F-BAAD-3A827DDE8103 (resized).jpeg7AC712B5-E6C3-4F0F-BAAD-3A827DDE8103 (resized).jpeg
#15830 1 year ago

Okay that’s my favorite. Any details on exactly what you used?

Quoted from FunkyMusic:

My Pro is powder coated in candy purple - I really love the look.
[quoted image][quoted image]

1 month later
#16096 1 year ago

Yea

STh LE HUO with ~2k plays for a NIB JP PRE and NIB Star Wars Pro, all shipped. yea or nay?

1 week later
#16202 1 year ago

Voodoo glass and turning back glass illumination level down during gameplay fixed it for me

Quoted from adam12hicks:

Hi folks! Just picked up a very low play STh Premium with NIB topper, UV kit, etc. Man this machine is so underrated! I have it next to GZ Prem and DP Prem. they’re three of my absolute faves.
Anyways - question - the topper created massive glare on the glass. I assume invisiglass will be the answer for reducing that glare? I haven’t ever noticed other stern toppers doing this, but this one does in a few locations.
I was thinking a small black plastic shield / deflector below the topper could help and wouldn’t be too noticeable. Curious what others have done if anything?
Wouldn’t be as bad but this premium with projector is fun to play in lower light.
Thank you!

#16216 1 year ago

Nice lineup!

Quoted from PinPickle:

It has taken a very very long time to source but I’m happy to say I have joined the party! Again.
Been looking for an LE for quite some time since I knew this masterpiece would never leave my collection. Finally found one and I couldn’t be happier.
I’m going to miss my first born child and I hope he likes his new home but man this suckers a beauty!!
[quoted image]

#16217 1 year ago

If you didn’t live so far away I’d see if you would want to temp swap that Simpsons for The Hobbit. I love Hobbit so would miss her down the line but I Love that Simpsons as well. Both Really long ball games.

Quoted from PinPickle:

It has taken a very very long time to source but I’m happy to say I have joined the party! Again.
Been looking for an LE for quite some time since I knew this masterpiece would never leave my collection. Finally found one and I couldn’t be happier.
I’m going to miss my first born child and I hope he likes his new home but man this suckers a beauty!!
[quoted image]

#16282 1 year ago

I obviously need to play GZ on location to check it out. The theme does nothing for me but the hype is real on this one!

2 months later
#16881 1 year ago

Why on Earth would Stern/Brian Eddie not want to fix this game?

Quoted from blizz81:

Yeah, code is updated. Which I wonder if I could get further if it was a slightly older version - would have the snowball bug then but in theory not the S1 bug (and not sure if the last demogorgon mode that I just ran into is a one-off, or...? Might glass-off test it).
To me the meh saucer shot and the clankiness of the right orbit keep it from being a top-tier fan/two flipper game. I may have been spoiled by having LOTR for years in that respect. It IS fast and fun combo action for the most part. But it's kind of a bummer they likely won't touch up the code any more at this point.

1 month later
#17131 1 year ago

The fact that the dealer gave you 100% credit for a used ST vs a new JB60 should tell you a lot. Congrats though if your happy!

you are correct. straight trade $0 invoice. even though frankly, the money is less important to me than playing the new KME
(to be crystal clear, there is no way i would ever pay what JB60 costs, for a pinball machine. i feel incredibly fortunate to have lucked in to this deal, which i know for a fact other owners would and have turned down)

why (i'm not mad or defensive, just curious about others' thought processes)
mine was: my family picked this theme and it's been great but i don't love the show nor is the game the most fun to shoot. theme integration, experience, 'want to play it' factor are all 100% over the top and the TK lock and projector are truly unique and rad- but at the end of the day i played it 2500+ times and was feeling the tinges of boredom. plus, there is one on location at league and the two other places i play in tournaments. also, the JB60 is the more unique layout, even though only 500 of that and the STHLE are/were made, the Sth shares the design with the pro and premium. and again- don't want to either worry about the projector or take $600 and throw it in the coinbox in the form of a backup, either.
no one knows how the new elwin game shoots but based on the pedigree- the theme is sort of whatever to me- i think it'll be rad to shoot and make me a better player, which is why i have a game at home (i thought it was to play with my family when i got it, but they don't gaf no matter how hard i try ). the ruleset looks great.

#17133 1 year ago

It’s all about what JB60 will be worth once the smoke clears. It’s a “fair” deal/gamble for him for sure just shows me how dealers view these games/values.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Should tell you that they gave you at least 16-17k trade in for a used game that cost around 8500-9000 new. Not a bad deal if you ask me. Not gonna have the wow factor for guests that STH has, but still the money seems right for sure.

1 week later
#17166 1 year ago

So why would Stern not address these issues?

1 month later
#17349 1 year ago

How do you get “Send it back” and “Light the fire?”

Quoted from Gutterghoul:

Havent played in over a month due to surgeries and sickness, but first game stepping back in it I GC'd. Getting ever closer to Send it back and Light the fire(?)!
[quoted image]

#17353 1 year ago

Is that basically 3 cycles through the modes? I have made it through 2 cycles so far.

complete all the modes for season 1 and season 2

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

6,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Louisville, KY
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider slrage.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party?tu=slrage and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.