IMG_3331 (resized).png
IMG_3330 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8622 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #235 ALERT: Be sure to check PRO Ball Lock Post, it can come loose. Posted by chuckwurt (4 years ago)

Post #712 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Replacement rubber info Posted by fooflighter (4 years ago)

Post #1272 TECH: TOYS. Demogorgon adjustment to make less shot rejects Posted by rs812 (4 years ago)

Post #1273 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Projector focus adjustment instructions Posted by rs812 (4 years ago)

Post #1717 TECH: PLAYFIELD. TK lock and deflector adjustment instructions Posted by chuckwurt (4 years ago)

Post #3533 TECH: BOOTING. Fix for Spike machines that frequently have problems booting Posted by C0untDeM0net (3 years ago)

Post #5955 MOD: Stranger Things action button surround and shooter plate Posted by pinballslave (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rx2006je.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14269 2 years ago

Does anyone know the exact number of pro and premium models. Mine was from December 27th 2020 near the end.

Also on my Demogorgan the balls are hitting it low I adjusted the pitch of the machine to 6.8 and I hit it in the hole about 1 out of every 10-15. Is there any other adjustment that can be done for low shots. I know about the high shots adjustments but didn't see anything on what to do about low shots.

My Stern insider will not light up. the lights are flashing on the bottom and the kit in the setting shows it not installed but has the bootloader version, sd card shows installed and the wifi adapter shows installed. Any suggestions? I contacted stern and they are supposed to warranty a new part but just trying to see what i may could do.

18E29933-3847-41A0-8365-63D075B19455 (resized).jpeg18E29933-3847-41A0-8365-63D075B19455 (resized).jpegB00B6F67-7CEC-4E67-ACD6-B0DA90115C5A (resized).jpegB00B6F67-7CEC-4E67-ACD6-B0DA90115C5A (resized).jpeg
#14271 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

All the adjustments mentioned in this thread are for what to do about shots hitting low. Follow those. Removing the spacers to lower the demo will help with low shots.
No way to know how many pros and premiums there are. Since this wasn’t a popular game, I bet there are fewer premiums than pros.

Ipdb use to tell how many were produced on older games but no such data on “newer” games. I wonder why that is?

Thanks will go back and find more in the post about low shots. I like the game at about a 7.2 angle but the shots are definitely way too low.

3 months later
#15291 1 year ago

Was playing my ST Pro last night and tonight and noticed that I could no longer backhand the left ramp as I previously could. I checked flipper power and it is at 255. Ball will barely make it to the top of the ramp when before it was just enough to make it around to the lock if hit right. Now won’t do it at all. Pulled the glass and notices that my flipper is “loose” compared to the right flipper making is sloppy. I was thinking it was the flipper bushing. I made sure the pawl was tight stop looked good. What does anyone think and where to find just the bushing for spike 2 or will I have to buy a full assembly and replace it?

Have a video but can’t upload it here.

3 months later
#16441 1 year ago

Having an issue with the demogorgan registering mouth shots. I clean the sensors it works then stops again only registers a regular hit.

2 weeks later
#16526 1 year ago

I have an issue. I replaced the drop targets with the clear ones and reinstalled and now my drop targets won’t work. The part that goes into the opto are painted black and the game knows when a target drops and scores it but once you knock them all down amor start a game when they are down they will not reset. I tested from the connector to the coil and I get continuity on both lines on both coils. I have no game errors. No clue what to do.

#16528 1 year ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Does the reset coil work in coil test mode? (make sure the coin door is closed or interlock is pulled when testing coils)

No it does not

#16533 1 year ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Maybe there is a fuse on the node board for that coil?? Maybe a loose connection at the node board? (im just guessing at this point) I'm not familiar but if there are other identical node boards, you can swap them around as a test. When you move each to/from a different position, you need to change the dip switches on each node board that identifies where it is being used.

How do I know which node board it goes to?

#16535 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Node Board 9, connector CN7 goes to the drop target reset and the trip coil.
Do you have a multimeter? If the coil has both wires attached (one didn't come off), you may have blown a transistor.

I have a I have a multimeter, not sure how to use it on a node board. One of the leads on the drop target coil broke loose but was still attached bu the thin wire . I replaced the coil with a new one thinking that was the issue, no change. The other thing attached to node 9 at c7 is the left ramp uppost, that is still working as it should.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#16538 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Well, node 9 and node 8 are the same board, so as long as you know the coil is good now (since it's new) you could swap the node boards to see if that fixes your problem with that target bank (the problem will move to Left down post or maybe left eject if the transistor is blown). Basically you just swap the boards and adjust the dip switches to change the board ID so node 9 becomes node 8 and node 8 becomes node 9, then physically move them and reconnect. Here's the chart to show you the dip switch settings:[quoted image]

is it odd that if a transistor is blown that the left post up still works on the same connector?

#16576 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Node Board 9, connector CN7 goes to the drop target reset and the trip coil.
Do you have a multimeter? If the coil has both wires attached (one didn't come off), you may have blown a transistor.

Replaced node board and still nothing. Drops do not reset but do register if you reset them by hand. Anyth8ng else to try?

#16578 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'd go back to the original targets first and make sure you didn't mess something up when you swapped them out for the clear ones.

Will do but odd that the coil doesn’t ever try to fire

#16580 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Worth resetting everything to stock before trying to figure out what happened when you made the change. One less variable.

I put everything back as it was. Original drops back in there only thing I can do is put the original coil on the drops. Still nothing. Recogenizes drops if you manually raise them and knock them down but nothing mechanical will reset the drops

#16582 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The reset doesn't work in test, either? (with the white post inside left on the coin door pulled out)

No nothing in test mode with the post pulled out.

#16585 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

So if you put in a completely different node board and it didn't help it has to be a dead coil or loose/broken wire to that coil.

Anyway for me to test the coil and make sure it is good.

#16587 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You need a multimeter. Do you have one?

Yes I do

#16589 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Power off. Set the dial to ohms (might be the ohm symbol) and hold one lead on each side of the coil and see what it says.

with a probe on each lug I get 9.3 ohms

#16590 1 year ago
Quoted from rx2006je:

with a probe on each lug I get 9.3 ohms

On the small coil the one that knocks them down it registers 53.5

#16592 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I get 9.9 ohms on the one I have here if I disconnect it (there's a plug on it on GotG that makes it convenient).

Small coil is about correct.
Turn your multimeter to continuity and with the power still off, check from Node 9, connector CN7, pin 2 to the hot side of that coil and see if there's continuity.

yes I get continuity down to the node plug from the coil

#16594 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

What about on the ground side?

If I use the probe on the gray and brown wire from the lug to the gray wire on the c7 plug on node 9 I get nothing but if I touch it to where the hot wire goes on the c7 plug I get continuity same for both coils.

#16596 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Ground doesn't go back to CN7. You're probably getting a reading the other way because it's going through the machine.
This really points to either the coil or the transistor that drives it being bad, but you checked the coil resistance and it seems ok, and you put in a new node board, so it seems unlikely it has that exact transistor bad right off the bat. Not sure what else to check, except to double check the transistors in a row on the node 9 board with the multimeter and see if one of them tests bad.

Will try checking the transistors tomorrow and see what readings I get. Any specific numbers I should see? Outside of that I guess I will have to hope stern helps out or my distributor can help repair it?

#16677 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Well, I don't expect you to find a dead short or it would have blown up the coil, but I'm not sure what transistors/leg arrangement are on the node boards (haven't had to fix one, knock on wood). Ask Stern, or maybe someone that knows can chime in.

Stern is sending a new coil and springs that we’re missing. Don’t see how that will fix the issue but I will play long and go down their list. Also this weekend the ball stop on the left ramp quit working, which is also in the c7 plug of the node board 9.

#16697 1 year ago
Quoted from rx2006je:

Stern is sending a new coil and springs that we’re missing. Don’t see how that will fix the issue but I will play long and go down their list. Also this weekend the ball stop on the left ramp quit working, which is also in the c7 plug of the node board 9.

Update: Stern sent a new coil and springs got them installed and no change. They asked about continuity from the negative side of the the drop target coil to the negative side of the left ramp up post coil and there is nothing there. Seems like there maybe a wire issue there? The left ramp up post works as it should and is on the same c7 plug and continuity from it to the c7 plug on the #9 node board is good.

#16700 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I forgot, do you have a multimeter? Testing continuity on the drive wire for that coil would be easy with a multimeter.

I do have a multimeter, can you tell me what to and where to check, and what setting on my meter?

#16701 1 year ago
Quoted from blizz81:

Test with a jumper wire?
I had a wire break about a month in on my NIB Pro on the spinner switch.

how would i go about doing that?

#16704 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Looking back on the thread, forgot I already had you check this:
"Turn your multimeter to continuity and with the power still off, check from Node 9, connector CN7, pin 2 to the hot side of that coil and see if there's continuity."
And you said there was continuity on the drive side.
So basically do the same thing for the ground side (one probe on each end of the ground wire on the coil in continuity check mode on the multimeter) to see if the ground wire is broken.

nothing on the ground side (grey/brown wire) from the drop target coils to the c7 plug the hot side (yellow/blue stripe wires) are good all the way to the c7 plug, the left lane up post coil does have continuity on both the hot (yellow/green stripe wire) and ground plug (grey/brown).

#16706 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

So it sounds like you have a broken ground wire then, probably inside the insulation so it's not visually obvious. I'd manually work all the way down that wire, tracing it from the C7 connector to the coil, looking for zip ties that are too tight or crimps. If you can find some obvious place it might have been broken inside the insulation from a too-tight zip tie or other crimp, you can cut and splice it to repair the break, then solder and shrink tube it to finish the repair.
Failing that, it's dead simple to make another ground wire run if you have the connector to put on the C7 end and a soldering iron to replace the one on the coil end.

Looks like I may need it from the loom side of the plug on the drop target coil to the c7 connector. I will start to undo the zip ties to try and find a break.

2 weeks later
#16798 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

So it sounds like you have a broken ground wire then, probably inside the insulation so it's not visually obvious. I'd manually work all the way down that wire, tracing it from the C7 connector to the coil, looking for zip ties that are too tight or crimps. If you can find some obvious place it might have been broken inside the insulation from a too-tight zip tie or other crimp, you can cut and splice it to repair the break, then solder and shrink tube it to finish the repair.
Failing that, it's dead simple to make another ground wire run if you have the connector to put on the C7 end and a soldering iron to replace the one on the coil end.

was a broken ground wire. I jumpered it from the up post ball lock to the drop target coil and it works properly now. What is the best way to permanently fix the wire?

2 months later
#17262 1 year ago

My right flipper is sticking. I press the button and the flipper stays in the up position. I made sure the contacts were clean and if you hit the left flipper it will go down. Do you think it needs a new coil sleeve? Kinda annoying when trying to live catch or cradle.

1 year later
#21940 44 days ago

Anyone have experience with Pinstadiums in stranger things with the Medisinyl lab set. Specifically the fit. It doesn’t look like much clearance between the tank and the side of the cabinet for the Pinstadium or the rail on the right side.

#21944 43 days ago
Quoted from NeonNightRide:

I have both. I had no luck fitting the tank in with the Pinstadiums. The consensus seems to be the only way to fit both in is by cutting the pinstadiums short on the left side. I ran without the tank for a few months to still get the UV effect and knew I had a choice to make once my UV kit got here. I finally got my UV kit in and installled a few days ago. I really like the Pinstadium lighting but in the end I ended up with the full Medisinyl set + UV kit.

Thanks for the info. that is what I was thinking. Wonder how short it had to be cut and how easy that is to do and if Scott would make one short to accommodate for the mod

1 week later
#22111 34 days ago
Quoted from Ive:

Thanks to Banana-Joe for the awesome ramp decal
IMO this is the best design available as it ties in so well with the playfield art.
[quoted image]

Where is this decal available at. Don’t see it in the marketplace

3 weeks later
#22364 12 days ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Ah! A modder who makes a decal for the Demo ramp! I was thinking a decal there might be cool. I also wondered why I hadn't seen them offered in the Pinside Shops, but apparently at least one is offered and I missed it. I don't really know what the best "approach" is to a decal for this ramp. Banana-Joe has chosen the "blend-in" approach, creating an extension of the playfield art. I'm not knocking what BJ done. I assume he worked hard on it. I'm just saying I don't know if it makes the most sense to make the ramp blend in with the playfield, as the ramp sits in a separate plane. Just a thought. Again, I'm not throwing shade. I'm just thinking out loud. I apologize if that came off as "troll'y."

Tilt Graphics also makes a pack of ramp decals if you don't like the blending
https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/product-page/stranger-things-4-pack-ramp-decal-bundle

#22373 8 days ago

Got new side armor rails from mussinger at CabCustom. Much better in my opinion than the Stern ones. Check them out for custom pinball parts.

FullSizeRender (resized).jpegFullSizeRender (resized).jpegIMG_8621 (resized).jpegIMG_8621 (resized).jpegIMG_8622 (resized).jpegIMG_8622 (resized).jpegIMG_8623 (resized).jpegIMG_8623 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walnutport, PA
$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

8,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rx2006je.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party?tu=rx2006je and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.