IMG_3764 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3761 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3762 (resized).png
20240410_201325.jpg
abba tk lock (resized).jpg
IMG_3111 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3109 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #235 ALERT: Be sure to check PRO Ball Lock Post, it can come loose. Posted by chuckwurt (4 years ago)

Post #712 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Replacement rubber info Posted by fooflighter (4 years ago)

Post #1272 TECH: TOYS. Demogorgon adjustment to make less shot rejects Posted by rs812 (4 years ago)

Post #1273 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Projector focus adjustment instructions Posted by rs812 (4 years ago)

Post #1717 TECH: PLAYFIELD. TK lock and deflector adjustment instructions Posted by chuckwurt (4 years ago)

Post #3533 TECH: BOOTING. Fix for Spike machines that frequently have problems booting Posted by C0untDeM0net (3 years ago)

Post #5955 MOD: Stranger Things action button surround and shooter plate Posted by pinballslave (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robertstone0407.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#362 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Our spinning arcade sign is now ready for production. Here is a video of the prototype, fits perfectly in the back right, but really can be mounted in other places. No issues with power and it will spin continuously like an arcade sign should. Took me about 90 seconds to install it. The base will be different on the production model. Wire hole will be on the other side and the base itself will be narrower. We will start making these this week.
$59 shipped will be the price, on our website now and in our pinside shop shortly.
https://lermods.com/shop?olsPage=t%2Fstranger-things-pinball-mods

[quoted image]

any way to fit an LED in there that shines upward?

#406 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Anyone going to powder coat their pro?... Same purple as the LE or is red more used on the pro?

I’m doing one for a customer in a maroon esq purple with red tint. Sure he will post pictures

#520 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

It’s finally here and Setup!! Been playing for a couple hours now and absolutely loving it!!! FedEx came around 11:15 or so, brought it into my basement. Had to unbox it in my driveway. Was a little nervous about that. But they actually had to hand carry the damn thing into my basement. Made it down in one piece though!! I can’t believe how gorgeous this thing looks in my basement. Artwork is top notch! And the lighting is just phenomenal! My first NIB machine and I’m loving it! I updated it to current code and just having a blast with it.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Glad to hear your luck of being extremely happy with your first NIB

2 weeks later
#898 4 years ago

Anyone see deadflip video with the like arcade sign topper. Actually a killer idea for a topper just make it spin and an ok light show and it’d be amazing honestly. I’d prefer that over some flat plastic with the kids faces on it

#1055 4 years ago

I’ll have my LE tonight I’ll post some pictures

#1058 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I would think so. Someone post up the code version on your game when you get it home.

Will do, now it’s time to see if I regret this purchase. Last NIB stern was black knight LE.

#1067 4 years ago

Playing on .83, made demigorgon first try

8338B4C9-B440-4093-92E1-61A972B12C28 (resized).jpeg8338B4C9-B440-4093-92E1-61A972B12C28 (resized).jpegCEE9177D-2444-46D0-9694-D48778B6F06A (resized).jpegCEE9177D-2444-46D0-9694-D48778B6F06A (resized).jpegD23EE7D4-45CF-4DBE-A4F6-BB7F94D11C9E (resized).jpegD23EE7D4-45CF-4DBE-A4F6-BB7F94D11C9E (resized).jpegEC58F634-05DD-44CF-97FF-6D79A669ADC0 (resized).jpegEC58F634-05DD-44CF-97FF-6D79A669ADC0 (resized).jpegF68E335D-1565-4E77-B83D-BBA90A447D72 (resized).jpegF68E335D-1565-4E77-B83D-BBA90A447D72 (resized).jpeg
#1069 4 years ago

Plays great so far demogogon non issue. Lock can be goofy

#1072 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Are you getting airballs or crazy fast shots? I could make my shot on stock flippers, but balls were flying everywhere and fast.
The reflection from the projector looks pretty bad, is it better in person?

Yeah it’s crazy fast. The image is kinda neutral. I like the effects but wish it was crisper. Overall happy

#1113 4 years ago

Boys I’m gonna say my LE plays super sweet. Lots of new content on the code and the projector could be better no lie but what it is doing is cool. Upside down is very sweet and zero issues with the demigorgon shot. I wonder if we can line the ramps with these plenty of holes to attach it with. Maybe Lermods can figure it out. I’d just solder leads on the battery version and put it on twinkle?

https://www.noveltylights.com/50-led-battery-operated-christmas-lights-multi-bat50-wa-g-mu

#1116 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

I’d like to know this as well.

Well the modes have a lot more video content and lighting effects. I had some like friendzy mode I’ve never seen before I only got about 10 games on it. I do believe this game completely changes if you move the outlanes to the middle setting. I think it’s already tough enough. Not here to argue I play competitive and I play for fun. It’s where any other game on earth is set default is the middle. The upside down effects are bad ass and multiball. I really hope someone finds a crisper projector but I’d be happy as is.

#1121 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Awesome to hear! Have you messed with any of the projector settings yet? Curious how your lighting is where the machine sits.

Only settings I see for the projector as it sits is position no contrast etc

#1160 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Fun stream! Thanks to those that tuned in. I’ll post it to YouTube for those that want to see it later.
I’ll need sterns help to dial in my magnet lock. I sent them a video showing the issue up close. Hopefully that will help them help me.

Mine was kind of an issue till I dialed my flipper strength back. What a wonky mech for the ball to fly up. I thought mine was broken it’s just like a rod

#1165 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

So dialed back the right flipper power to 240,230,220,210. No improvement. Still about the same success rate.
Mine is a rod with a flat guide welded to the outside of it that’s closest to the player. What I think is happening on mine is that the rod moves too close to the backboard wall and is pinching the ball as it tries to travel up the diverter slowing it down or completely rejecting it.
Here’s a video.

Hm id Actuate it in test mode and roll a ball through there by hand. It does look like the stalls the ball instead of acting like a ramp

#1167 4 years ago

On coil test there should be a change to cycle repeat

#1170 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I saw part of your stream, nice job man!
The ramp issue does suck though, and it appears its a design flaw that was overlooked by Stern, which is unfortunate given it's only 1 of 2 unique upgrades/features of the LE and Premiums.
This exact issue was occuring on the Premium that Dead Flip streamed. They played it off as it was normal though. I hope there's a fix, but that's unacceptable if Stern left the design like this without resolving it prior to shipping.

My LE isn’t having issues with the lock currently so hopefully and unfortunately just a QC issue

#1173 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Interesting, does the ramp work every time with no rejects?

Only when you don’t give the ball enough energy to make it up the diverted ramp. If it hops over it he post comes up and still shows a ball lock

#1175 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Curious on this because the shot is easy to backhand on the pro. With a functional mech can the shot be backhanded ?

The ramp can still be backhanded, the lock cannot reliablely. I have but few and far between. If someone else has a lock there since it’s a physical lock when playing multiplayer you can back hand if there is already balls locked if that makes sense

#1207 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah it looks brown in photos. Haha. Would’ve been cool to have some flake to it, but I like it too. It doesn’t stand out a ton, just looks subtle and nice in person.

I can add large metal flakes to it if you’re feeling frisky

#1232 4 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

For those that might care this appears to be the projector used in the premium and le machines. Should be pretty simple to replace if it goes since it's off the shelf
https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.aliexpress.com/item/32855408818.html
Wonder if the wireless projection a still turned on lol
https://fccid.io/2AF6A-S6000/User-Manual/User-manual-2974225

We need to look into an upgrade

#1269 4 years ago

Getting a weird bug with the lock where when the game is restarted or shut off without letting it release the locks it’ll hold them with the game off and at boot up throw a mode 9 error

#1275 4 years ago

chuckwurt so played a bunch of games with some people and my lock is doing a lot of similar things. I almost feel when lock is lit they need to either use holding voltage and keep the mech in Ramp to the lock or add a time adjustment. I watched it and it’s firing late and it knocks the ball upward into the top of the lock bracket and it deadens the ball

#1286 4 years ago

Hey guys here’s a shot of the demi in the LE my pinball buddies think the hole is much bigger. We have no issues

54CECEA3-A369-4868-BF25-343FF20EA537 (resized).jpeg54CECEA3-A369-4868-BF25-343FF20EA537 (resized).jpegDB5D5FDB-9A69-40F9-92E9-0DFCD6A290E7 (resized).jpegDB5D5FDB-9A69-40F9-92E9-0DFCD6A290E7 (resized).jpegFA31E647-BB51-487C-990B-951F290DE856 (resized).jpegFA31E647-BB51-487C-990B-951F290DE856 (resized).jpeg
#1294 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

My LE is about the same.

Hmmm maybe it’s the ramp itself

#1336 4 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Got my LE setup last night and got 5-10 games on it. Couple notes/questions:
1. Code is uninspiring. Very little video assets and even fewer call outs and the ones that are there are garbage. They got a lot of work to do here to make this game fully immersive. I view it just like BM66 on release code and rule wise. Lots of potential but sucks right now, plain and simple. Need some overhaul/enhancements on rules but more so the projection needs greatly expanded along with videos on LCD and call outs.
2. My projector seems to be acting weird. When I first turned on the game it wasn't working at all then came on after a little while. But noticed if I open the coin door and change settings and start a game the projector doesn't work for a little and then seems to come back on and after that works fine but tried this a few times and always had the same result. Any others seeing that?
3. When I was trying to find something wrong with the projector and in settings I did a reset on the projection settings, which seems to have deleted any default alignments that were in there originally. All were way out of alignment then, I tried to adjust them manually but wondering if anyone has the defaults that came on the game so I can compare, main screen and targets in front I think I got dialed in but the other ramps and small targets are not looking right
4. When the ball release on the left happens from Demogorgon and rolls down that left orbit does everyone's hit the sling on side and launches it, minor thing but kind of annoying.
5. Didn't get a ton of clean shots to get the lock/magnet to activate. When I had clean ramp shot it seemed to work great but less than perfect or slow shot didn't activate the lock properly and either kept going or was knocked off the ramp or sent back down the ramp.
6. Clear and everything else look great, screen and projections look good in darker room but definitely get washed out some with lighting on playfield and any lighting around, not bad as most think, overall I think it looks good.
Here's to hoping they come through with ton of added rules and video/projection assets and call outs. I'm sure they will just a matter of how long. :-/
[quoted image]

The projector is in the interlock circuit and takes a moment to boot up

#1472 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Thank God for this...I thought it was just me. Yeah, my bumper shot rattles around and rejects most of the time as well.
But here's the thing about this game: It makes me feel like I REALLY suck at pinball (and I'm not THAT bad), and I think most of it is in the setup. My left kickout, when the drops are down, will frequently hit the right drop target post and then go SDTM. Really frustrating, but again, I think that can be tweaked along with the other stuff.
The other thing about this game is that I can't stop playing it. As much as I curse at it, it's a hell of a lot of fun. And I've barely touched my JPLE since I got it. Once the code is polished and the mechanical annoyances are worked out, I actually can see myself keeping this game for a good while.
But yeah...I agree with most of what you said.

Close your outlanes up to the middle spot where most games come standard. Wide open is too much on this game

#1581 4 years ago

It’s a shity move but it’s not like they are the first company to do it. Lots of gaming companies are going this route. I have an LE and it does suck and no joke it rubs me the wrong way but I bought one anyways. Sadly I’m not the solution and almost everyone is gonna buy that kit like come on that is a game changer. It’s a soft drop into a new realm of pinball. I expect to see more of this on future releases. Only a matter of time before companies see the mod community is making a killing.

#1674 4 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

I only had issue #2. I put some tape on the focusing wheel to hold it in place and this fixed it.

A dab of hot glue works too

#1711 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The uv kits he’s making for this game will be much less than that. Then there’s the coin taker option that’s $99.

If I was a pro guy absolutely I’d do the coin taker. I bought the kit for the LE cause of the plastics and such

#1720 4 years ago

Now that this game is getting more popular where them mods at lol

#1722 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Mezel and Ler have entire threads with their mods in there. I’d say at least 10-20 between the two.

Looking for more 3D innovation. A lot of mods aren’t exactly specific to the theme. I will say the plastic protectors in pink is an absolute must

#1727 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

If you have something in mind, let me know. I thought the Xmas lights, spinning sign and dig would be enough for the game, but am open to suggestions. I don't want to litter the playfield with trinkets and if you put mods on the lower part of the playfield, they almost surely will get taken out by airballs.

No your mods are great as well as mezels. I shoulda explained more along the lines of UV reactive mods

#1883 4 years ago

Look for more code today or tomorrow boys!

#1885 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Really? Is this legit?

Yes but I am unsure if it’s an update update or bug fixes

#1908 4 years ago

So to blow up the game, forget modes. Demigorgon all day. Once you get to the later modes the demi can be worth 60million a shot.

#1931 4 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

Anyone else notice this in the new code?[quoted image]

How is no one talking about the fact theirs an audit for a co op mode

#2055 4 years ago
Quoted from dri:

Ok, here’s the sob story. I went all in on Stranger Things and more or less ordered an LE sight unseen. Stranger Things is a dream them for me and my previous Sterns I’ve waited until I’m happy with what I’m seeing. I only did the impulse buy before with Tron, another dream theme. Near enough did the same with Star Wars, but I still can’t get over that game. Anyhow, reports were starting to pour in of the projector. Completely washed out. Reports of “it looks better in person” was some of the paid commentary. It does NOT look better in person. What you see is what you get. This is my only beef I have with this game. I had other griefs about some shots being shitty and what not but as code keeps dropping all will be forgiven in the end. My game plays near perfect now.
This post: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-stranger-things/page/85#post-5400822 speaks of a canvas type called Black Diamond. This YouTube video teaches you how to sell it in 2 seconds.

Seeing is believing, as my teaser post showed (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/38#post-5480839).
I was going to wait until someone came up with a kit you could simply buy, but this shit can’t wait, it looks awful! I sourced some of that Black Diamond (be creative, it’s easy to track down) and got some 3M adhesive sheets, a corner cutter and some supplies, like scalpels and knives. I cut out all the targets at first but it turns out that the BD material does not reflect at a certain angle and completely washes out the image. This also holds true to the viewing angle as well, it’s a little bit like an old TFT, but slightly better. So, I simply replaced all the flat surfaces on my game (it goes without saying, the ramps are not applicable). The material is very easy to work with and comes mounted on a .5mm plastic sheet of some sorts. It also seems very durable. I put some mylar on it just to see what it looked like but it did not work because mylar is glossy. Matte floor graphics vinyl is my next approach if the target surfaces wear down. I also replaced the left ramp billboard, it washes out in the angle towards the main billboard so be aware of that if you try this at home. Using alcohol on the projection surface is no problem either.
Does Black Diamond improve the visual quality? The brighter the room, the better it looks in comparison. The game emits a LOT of ambient light, I have my inserts turned down as much as I can and I also turn down the backglass to a minimum while playing. I’m happy with the results as the image does not have the white washed out image anymore and this time around it actually does look better in person, believe it or not!
I recorded in two different light settings, the first one is with the light I play my games in, ambient light is mostly from other machines. The other setting, a couple of minutes into the video, is with my shop lights on, which is insanely bright and no sane person would play pinball in that light, but it gives you an idea what Black Diamond is capable of.
Enjoy!

Where do you buy the black diamond at? I think even if you did just the main screen alone it’s worth it. The targets like you said we will have to see over time if they can hold up

#2071 4 years ago
Quoted from dri:

I'll let you know a few hundred games down the road. It's surprisingly durable so far.

I’m pretty much ok with just doing the main screen

#2080 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

I think right now everyone should hold tight and wait a little bit on this until dri and myself can prove its going to hold up over time. My premium is shipping this week, and hopefully i can get these samples on my game before it heads out to location. Id say let me beta test this on location, make sure its going to hold up and then ill let everyone know. No point in everyone doing this only to find out its not going to last over time.

I think it’s fine to put on the main screen as it sees no wear. It’s fine if you guys plan to market it as a mod but to share the info then go well hold on wait you can’t get it pretty much makes me say fuck it I’ll just deal with my current set up if it’s giant ordeal to get details.

1 week later
#2323 4 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

Based on hours of experience messing with this on my my own game, a friend who owns it and has also spent a lot of time on it, and watching several different examples streamed there are very few of these TK diverters that work as reliably as they should.
As for the software issue, I think the the idea behind it is that the diverter goes down quickly so a slow or weak shot that would not make it up the diverter can still make it around the loop (instead of sliding back doing the ramp and risking a SDTM drain which also happens too much). Thus, at least in theory, the diverter could act like the pro in this situation. I agree that there can be timing issues, but in the current code there is no way to adjust this. I sent an email to Stern about it previously, so maybe we will see some software changes to address this. Also several of us feel that the flippers get a little weaker with time making it much more difficult to make the TK lock after 30 minutes or so of play. It is possible this could be fixed in software, but I doubt that is entirely a software issue.
That said there are clearly mechanical issues here also. Tight turns have the potential to lose a lot of kinetic energy and the ball takes ~100 deg turn right before the diverter. The diverter works by essentially contacting the edge of the ball and pushing it against the flexible plastic ramp on the opposite side. This design has the potential for a lot of the kinetic energy to be lost due to deformation of the plastic ramp rather than the ball going up the ramp and there is no official way to adjust the position where the diverter enters the ramp which seems critical. Furthermore, if the ball enters on the inside of the turn more kinetic energy will be lost to the back wall of the plastic ramp. Unfortunately, the design does not make any provisions to adjust the position where the diverter enters the ramp. Even according to the Stern document, the diverter needs to be positioned with very tight tolerances (1/32") and at least on mine it would frequently move after a few games - this again may be related to large forces on the diverter due to the ball pinching action. I've solved this motion issue with tooth lock washers.
Overall I feel like everything has to be just right for the diverter to work, and even when I can get my game to that point it is very hard to keep it there. I hope Stern comes up with some kind of official remedy for this.

What I can’t figure out is why didn’t they add a drop down ramp flap or physically raise the ramp and it hold instead of fire based off the ramp entrance switch

#2461 4 years ago

Hoping the stern topper is more than flat plastics with generic white lighting lol

#2478 4 years ago

Know what would completely change this game, if when you locked a ball all the drops reset or a short ball save was enabled, it is unreal how many good balls have been completely fucked by the auto launch on this game or gotten stuck behind the drops from an auto launch

#2480 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Plunge better! Haha

That’s something the designer says when you find a flaw

#2484 4 years ago

So I bought this for my son but it had me thinking and I simply don’t have the time or a 3D printer but what about putting this truck up here in the corner and on top of this have some. Dead looking earth and rotten pumpkins. Wire it up so the headlights are on. Maybe replace that red flashed with a pumpkin or something. Be a nice toy and use up some pretty blankd space

0E90E3CB-F11E-40C1-920C-9490465701FA (resized).jpeg0E90E3CB-F11E-40C1-920C-9490465701FA (resized).jpeg50E99458-C815-4B70-AF53-E086E6C36DDD (resized).jpeg50E99458-C815-4B70-AF53-E086E6C36DDD (resized).jpeg616D1850-0369-4970-95BE-C92EC1A4454B (resized).jpeg616D1850-0369-4970-95BE-C92EC1A4454B (resized).jpeg82686E27-B429-4BE7-A810-94A1966C2731 (resized).jpeg82686E27-B429-4BE7-A810-94A1966C2731 (resized).jpegEDE14D91-0FE7-4361-96EE-3DB9DDA5D93F (resized).jpegEDE14D91-0FE7-4361-96EE-3DB9DDA5D93F (resized).jpegF9796D2E-0CDC-4268-BFBF-5D636262F608 (resized).jpegF9796D2E-0CDC-4268-BFBF-5D636262F608 (resized).jpeg
#2487 4 years ago

Where did you find that truck looks perfect for that spot. Nice find

Just a hot wheels 1/32 model

#2514 4 years ago

Any pro owners want my old apron? Just pay shipping I don’t need it. Occupying my space at this point

#2517 4 years ago

Apron has been claimed

#2564 4 years ago

After seeing Robertstone0407's post about Hopper's truck I had to have one. Showed up 2 days ago and finally got a chance to mess with it. The UV Kit took priority. I used the mount from the packaging and a command strip to hold it on. It's going nowhere and if I want to take it off it shouldn't damage the plastic at all. It covers that protruding mount in the right rear with the screw very well. Wonder what that thing is for anyway. Nice $12 feature amazon.com link »
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah the mount works perfect. I’m sure Lermods can good you up with some lighting options for the headlights. If not I’ll post a DIY kit I’m just mostly tied up with my powdercoat to experiment so I leave that to the pros lol. Unlit looks great too. I’d love to find some miniture rotted pumpkins to put around it

https://www.modeltrainstuff.com/walthers-scenemaster-ho-949-1115-pumpkin-patch-80-assorted-pumpkins-and-8-vines/?groove_ppc_id=9000129029&gclid=Cj0KCQjw3qzzBRDnARIsAECmryrNXnvwlxXU1LLJL09s6sz4AMebV_mv5Y16UHKAwGxmdCQqP8YqviEaAtBfEALw_wcB

These might do but I’m unsure sizing. Looks appropriate. Try to recreate hopper scene in the pumpkin field

#2566 4 years ago

those pumpkins would be really small. Hoppers car is closer to 0 scale which is 1:43. Something like this perhaps?
amazon.com link »
Lighting it would be cool. Have you had any issues with air balls getting stuck behind it? That is my only concern with adding things to the playfield and how often stuff gets back that way with my family playing

I’ve never had a ball hit that area so I’m unsure if it’d be an issue

#2687 4 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

You guys are really gonna start enjoying this game
Since Pinball Browser was updated yesterday, I have been hard at work with some sound changes.
New Remix Main Theme
End Game Music Remix with sounds bytes from the kids mixed in
Quarter Hunt Music=Devo Whip It
High Score Music = Don't Mess Around With Jim
Boring Quotes Like:
Ball Saved
OhhhhKay
Here you can have that one back
Swapped with sound bytes from the show.
I'm certainly enjoying my time stuck at home and working on much more!

Hell yeah hook us up!!

2 weeks later
#2986 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

I know some people hate pin stadium lighting. Their UV kit looks great for 189. Wondering how it compares to the stern kit

I have a pinstadium in almost every game and I don’t have it in this game. Just for coding and future gameplay I suggest the UV from stern. Pinstadiums are an amazing product and I like them but this game I went with the stern product

#3031 4 years ago

I dunno about you guys but the mounting they used for the left kicker is about as cheap as they humanly could. Those of you who adjust it and a few games later it gets out of adjustment I think it’s cause there’s too much play in the deflector. Gonna look into a more rigid mounting. I’ll post updates here

#3151 4 years ago

Highly doubt stern will help or fix but the telekinesis lock is about to push me to sell this game. What an absolutely garbage mech. Forget trying to tighten or work on the mech under the ramp what a nightmare. Turning it off, game May or may not make the final cut I hate turning a piece of shit mech off that is one of the selling features of the game

#3154 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Have you had any success with adjusting it? Does it never work, or is it money to start a session then gets worse the more the game gets played?

Yeah it works about as consistently as anyone’s can. I don’t know anyone personally that hasn’t been completely annoyed by the mech. I’d say it’s a 6/10 working. Tried many many many adjustments to the point I’m over it. It’s a mixture of as the game goes on the flippers lose a little snap and unless it’s a completely perfect shot sometimes even early

#3170 4 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Installed the Stern UV kit and side mirror blades at the same time and its amazing.
May have been stated in the last 10 pages I have not read but I cant recommend this add on enough.
My pro is really starting to come together cant wait for some more updates.

I know you got some mods in the work what are they lol

1 week later
#3418 3 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Honestly it's one of the odder mechs to make sense of. After I tweak it sometimes it appears it's going to be working better when I first start playing but then soon after or later games it just seems back to the same unreliable mess. I can't say it made it worse but in the end none of the tweaking I have done I feel made it better either. I'd say I get 75% of solid shots to stick(this is the tough part to quantify cause a less than perfect shot up that ramp will typically not stick), not horrible but not great either, I just gave up tweaking it hoping better solutions would come eventually.

I’ll just say it. Disable it and thank me later. It’s a junk mech. They need to bring the actuator in and use hold voltage and cycle it for cooling. Then when the switch is made it switched to high voltage to become more rigid for the ball to ride on.

Mine is currently disabled

1 week later
#3587 3 years ago

I’ll take better pictures but matched all my stuff to the LE finish. I gotta wait till they’re better light and really show this off

37E4DF70-47B5-4A11-A406-0544655F05AF (resized).jpeg37E4DF70-47B5-4A11-A406-0544655F05AF (resized).jpeg4B4CBD04-7811-486E-A9D0-F7F492AA0B38 (resized).jpeg4B4CBD04-7811-486E-A9D0-F7F492AA0B38 (resized).jpeg91F6B629-110D-4ECD-8A20-EC26A4F199D3 (resized).jpeg91F6B629-110D-4ECD-8A20-EC26A4F199D3 (resized).jpeg94390CB5-5F71-428D-BFD5-EB84C271BC63 (resized).jpeg94390CB5-5F71-428D-BFD5-EB84C271BC63 (resized).jpeg9A86D422-26B3-4039-8C2D-ECEF063907FE (resized).jpeg9A86D422-26B3-4039-8C2D-ECEF063907FE (resized).jpegA12997B9-0744-43AC-B8EC-F943AC41007F (resized).jpegA12997B9-0744-43AC-B8EC-F943AC41007F (resized).jpegA76F6B87-418E-4861-9E51-A82509DCEF39 (resized).jpegA76F6B87-418E-4861-9E51-A82509DCEF39 (resized).jpegD71FAE2B-F2F3-4FA5-821F-486EB6D4C146 (resized).jpegD71FAE2B-F2F3-4FA5-821F-486EB6D4C146 (resized).jpegEA8C5965-B034-43EF-A9FE-5E62E5EDDDC3 (resized).jpegEA8C5965-B034-43EF-A9FE-5E62E5EDDDC3 (resized).jpegF295F5E8-6CEA-43A5-8037-60E634D8384A (resized).jpegF295F5E8-6CEA-43A5-8037-60E634D8384A (resized).jpeg
#3712 3 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

EDIT from my earlier post. My TK lock plastic cover trick did NOT fix it completely. Its definitely better but it's acting up again. God damn this TK lock is a finicky pain in the ass!

It’s a complete piece of shit design. What it comes down to is they tried to find the cheapest path possible on this mech and it shows. Turn it off and save your time

1 week later
#3914 3 years ago

I’m not trying to shit on anyone’s investment but I’ve had an LE since launch and I have never in my history of pinball had to work on a game as much as I have this stranger things. It’s getting pretty old

#3916 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yep. This game requires tons of tweaking for the most part unless you’re really lucky so anyone buying this should definitely take that risk into consideration.

It’s not even tweaking. Had two bad node boards, tk lock don’t work. Had to move the right orbit switch. Gate came off under the demo head. Usual adjustments are fine but I’m taking ramps off and removing boards on the regular.

#3918 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Me too. TWD prem was the worst before this, but this takes the cake for sure.
People who waited will know all this and be able to weigh their decision.
I jumped in early because this is my number one theme and if I’m going to go all out once, this is it.
I’ve always said, stern is lucky in my case that I’m totally fine tearing a game apart to fix issues, but this game is going to piss off a lot of owners.

Yeah what’s crazy other than the lock really it’s never the same problem. Like it’s a gate getting stuck or a switch not working. Lots of tweaking. BY ALL MEANS I REALLY LIKE THIS GAME it just takes work to get this game to the level it should be manufactured at. I’m guessing we are the beasts of burden and the new wave owners should have a better product. I will say this is a tough game. All tough games take some tweaking to take them from HARD to challenging. There is a difference

#3996 3 years ago

Had a customer challenge me, wanted a finish for his premium that had an upside down look. How do you guys think I did

289D3E76-44DB-4A77-B19E-25F5F55CBEEF (resized).jpeg289D3E76-44DB-4A77-B19E-25F5F55CBEEF (resized).jpeg37943B7A-8074-416F-9F8E-97F5236566F9 (resized).jpeg37943B7A-8074-416F-9F8E-97F5236566F9 (resized).jpeg732A6BC6-55B4-4E66-9E2B-7E5102E30285 (resized).jpeg732A6BC6-55B4-4E66-9E2B-7E5102E30285 (resized).jpeg96216726-F3D8-472D-BA0F-EE72543CD5DA (resized).jpeg96216726-F3D8-472D-BA0F-EE72543CD5DA (resized).jpegB0F48AAB-260B-42B7-A6E9-85B8E5A50262 (resized).jpegB0F48AAB-260B-42B7-A6E9-85B8E5A50262 (resized).jpegF2D37D3B-24F2-4E3A-B62E-5E014DCCB289 (resized).jpegF2D37D3B-24F2-4E3A-B62E-5E014DCCB289 (resized).jpeg
#3998 3 years ago

It’s a tough one to picture, looks stunning in person

3 weeks later
#4365 3 years ago

Look I own a LE and I enjoy this game but damn, I have never owned a more poorly built game. I’d had to work on this game more than a 30 year old data East I had. Like come on we need some answers on the extemely lack luster build on these, also real fixes to these problems not shoving things off onto the mod community to fix

Speaking of flippers getting weak, I had to sell my black knight LE for that reason. It eventually became such a chore to get up the ramp I just turned it off and sold it

3 weeks later
#4758 3 years ago

Why are they making updates to the code behavior on the TK lock? They have to know it doesn’t work right. Don’t they know almost everyone is turning this “Feature” if you want to call it that off.

#4783 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just read the readme. Doesn’t look like it to me. When Robert mentioned it I assumed i missed it in the readme.

Maybe I read it wrong but didn’t they add or change some behavior for the ball lock for multiball etc. just saying why code stuff that doesn’t work

9 months later
#9485 2 years ago

So the topper is pretty legit. So far it seems coded and interactive

1149232A-44E3-4377-BD1E-725B6A2DB21A (resized).jpeg1149232A-44E3-4377-BD1E-725B6A2DB21A (resized).jpeg9D4C463C-43BA-4B4F-8D66-692D0DC2AF6E (resized).jpeg9D4C463C-43BA-4B4F-8D66-692D0DC2AF6E (resized).jpegED337C68-D634-4949-8BB6-115404CB5CDC (resized).jpegED337C68-D634-4949-8BB6-115404CB5CDC (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Trade
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robertstone0407.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party?tu=robertstone0407 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.