20240326_234550 (resized).jpg
20240326_234700 (resized).jpg
20240326_221810 (resized).jpg
Stranger Things Targets (resized).jpg
IMG_3169 (resized).jpeg
chamber (resized).jpg
StrangerThingsProjectorIssue (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #235 ALERT: Be sure to check PRO Ball Lock Post, it can come loose. Posted by chuckwurt (4 years ago)

Post #712 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Replacement rubber info Posted by fooflighter (4 years ago)

Post #1272 TECH: TOYS. Demogorgon adjustment to make less shot rejects Posted by rs812 (4 years ago)

Post #1273 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Projector focus adjustment instructions Posted by rs812 (4 years ago)

Post #1717 TECH: PLAYFIELD. TK lock and deflector adjustment instructions Posted by chuckwurt (4 years ago)

Post #3533 TECH: BOOTING. Fix for Spike machines that frequently have problems booting Posted by C0untDeM0net (3 years ago)

Post #5955 MOD: Stranger Things action button surround and shooter plate Posted by pinballslave (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pudluther.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5416 3 years ago

Hey guys

New ST Premium owner. Had it for about 3 weeks now. Absolutely amazing game. Love it.

I also recently picked up a Munsters Pro with the topper. That thing is great...so interactive with the game. Are there any plans that y'all know of for Stern to release an official, interactive topper for ST? I've looked, but I can't find anything directly from them.

Thanks and glad to be a part of the club.

#5419 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I know nothing haha. It would certainly be weird if Stranger things didn’t get a topper though. All their other new games have them.

I want.

I know it's gonna be stupid expensive...but I want.

#5421 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’m excited to see it, but unless my wife buys it for me, I’ll never own it. Haha

lol...we've all been there.

just looking at your collection...nba fastbreak. man, i love that game. never have been able to find one, but i'm always on the lookout, lol.

#5423 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s a good one and you don’t see it too often. One of the last semi reasonable B/W DMDs. Haha

True.

I actually have another hard to find one that’s on your wishlist. Bad Girls.

Such a great pin. Very fast. Lots of fun.

Just finished LED’ing my inserts, actually...

8AC08D5C-A1FF-4A97-8C68-B79A14E1EACA (resized).jpeg8AC08D5C-A1FF-4A97-8C68-B79A14E1EACA (resized).jpeg
#5425 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Hell yeah! When you’re ready to sell keep me in mind.

will do!

#5432 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

I try to stack it in with a multiball or something so I can clear it while actively shooting for something else.

This is the correct answer.

Now, turning out that way is a different story

#5438 3 years ago
Quoted from evileye:

If you get it, post pics where you decided to mount it. I'm assuming it would be on the right side and out of the way, since you have the Mezel arcade sign on the left already.

I mounted my Dig Dug in the back right.

I get way too many air balls on the left side...didn’t want it getting beat up.

I think it looks better over there anyway.

#5442 3 years ago

Does the button on the lock bar do anything right now, gameplay-wise?

#5461 3 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

Truly makes you want to play just one more game even though it's way too late and you gotta be up early to get the kid ready for distance learning...[quoted image]

as a teacher, i approve of this message

#5491 3 years ago

Apologies if this has been covered, but I’m late to the party and I can’t scroll through 100+ pages...

Do we think there’s going to be another code update and, if so, any rumors of a video mode? I’d love to see Hopper shooting demo dogs in a video mode on the projector screen, ripped straight outta BSD. <drools>

Also...anybody heard any rumors about action button integration in a future update?

I know the topper is on the way...really looking forward to that as well.

Thanks all.

#5496 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Brian said they're looking at ideas for the lockdown button and he wants to integrate it. I still like slapping people for each bullshit uttered, but he said that probably won't fly with the licensor.

Ask him about a BSD style demo dog video mode with Hopper shooting them

#5497 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The game isn’t finished, so I would hope there would be at least a couple to a few more code updates.
Video mode is up in the air. Haven’t seen confirmation from stern it’s for sure coming. I would be surprised if they don’t do it. It’s what I think the Eleven mystery award is that currently does nothing. Great idea on the rules though. Love BSD video mode.
Expect the lockbar button to do nothing but start games and plunge balls.

Thanks for the info

#5506 3 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

the BSD video mode !? well, you're talking about this one right ?

(my crazy son lol )

That’s fantastic

#5508 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

No, you have to take a hand off one of the flipper buttons (your choice) to reload then get right back to that button and keep shooting. No additional appendage required. I could see it getting very hectic, especially if the software forced you to reload with different hands so alternation and coordination and speed were all required at the higher levels.

I need this mode in the game

1 week later
#5577 3 years ago

We’re still looking for a big announcement today, right?

#5592 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

But there’s only one fun direction for the ball to go, and that’s the burn it back loop. Haha

This is the correct answer.

#5595 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No. I’m saying when the ball hits the saucer during upside down, I want it to go into the burn it back loop.
I’ll shoot the drops from the flippers in the upside down as I’ve gotten good at hitting two of them at a time safely.
The drops are kind of a sucker shot unless you hit them carefully.

I have gotten to where I try to hit the very edges of the outside of the left and rightmost drops...don’t get the SDTM kickback and you often ricochet it into those inner orbits, which is always good.

#5598 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Haha. You’re not understanding me at all.
I like the saucer to hit the burn it back loop. Always. It’s more fun, and it works towards valuable awards.
It has nothing to do with the drop targets. If the saucer hits the drop targets as intended, great. That’s awesome. I prefer it to go around the loop.

I’m pretty sure I missed it...but is there a way to set the saucer up like that?

Because yeah...I want the ejected ball to rock through that loop every single time.

#5622 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

None yet. Supposed to get one in September and it’s late.

2020 strikes yet again

#5630 3 years ago

I want new code.

#5635 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Be Sure to Drink Your Ovaltine
There.

Great. It’s just a crummy commercial.

#5666 3 years ago

I don’t think I’ve gotten it in the Demogorgon’s mouth more than 3-4 times total.

My high score is like 235mil so maybe I’m just awful at it. lol.

#5673 3 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

Mine was the same way for a very long time. I took some slo mo video and saw that the ball was hitting consistently low so I reduced the height of the demogorgon and that resolved my problem on my machine. I detailed the fix I did earlier in the thread. Stern also has a replacement ramp kit for early models that may resolve it. Reach out to stern cause even non-pinball friends of mine hit the demo shot regularly on my machine after fixing it.

Thanks. I may need to look into that.

#5676 3 years ago

Not sure if I can get this to work anywhere on the pin, but thought I’d let y’all know there’s a Demo ornament on Hallmark’s website.

67930EF8-4711-412A-BF0B-9FDEDCE55E2E (resized).png67930EF8-4711-412A-BF0B-9FDEDCE55E2E (resized).png
#5678 3 years ago

Any of you Premium owners out there that haven't rated the game yet, it only needs one more rating to make the top 100. I just added mine.

#5704 3 years ago
Quoted from Powerhouse47:

Just got a great game in. Once everything is dialed in, it sings when played. I hit burn it back 5 times in a row for my 5-way combo. That ranks like #3 best moments. Child #1 and #2 just edge burn it back combo for best life moments.

as a pin owner with 3 kids, i can tell you, the 5-way-combo edges out the last kid. been there, done that.

#5705 3 years ago

sooooo....what makes "where's barb" give 40mil right off the bat? just had it happen to me for the second time.

started it, ball was wild and randomly hit some shot on the left (mystery loop maybe?) and it awarded 40mil.

even when i've found her before, it's way less than that...

#5707 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Have to find her on the first shot.

that's it?

i swear i thought i'd found her on the first shot before and it had been way less.

good to know though...that's a really quick way to add some decent points.

#5717 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just had a cool moment. I was playing upside down 2 with ramps and orbits, hit the mystery and got upside down.
It started upside down 1 and they ran together. Was almost perfect on both and got around 110 million combined. That was sweet!

That’s freakin’ cool

1 week later
#5798 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Now THATS how you code a final wizard mode. Sounds amazing!

It sounds amazing! And I’ll probably never get there.

#5802 3 years ago

No way I’m passing up the topper.

#5820 3 years ago

Sorry y’all are having trouble but thanks for the heads up. Won’t be updating mine until this mess is fixed. Hope y’all get back up to speed soon.

Sucks.

#5831 3 years ago

ordered a set of fans from the monk. i'm super tired of not being able to hit the left ramp consistently after 10 minutes of play.

#5862 3 years ago

i know it's not really an important feature, but did the new update add sounds during attract mode when you hit the flipper buttons? no idea why, but i love that ish. i miss it when it's not there.

#5864 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No. No attract flipper button sounds unfortunately

isn't that something that's normally added? any ideas why it isn't in stranger things? do you expect it to be at some point?

#5865 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

I've finally got my game set up, what a beauty... most beautiful legs on a pin I've ever seen!!
First game, 3 solid shots to the TK lock and 3 failures, with cold flipper coils, was flying up the ramp and almost making it to the end of the diverter ramp, but dropping off without the magnet grabbing it... obviously needs adjusting.
It has a Lermods DigDug mod already installed, which is awesome, but it only seems to come on for a short period after powering the game up... I actually played on it while the pin was in attract mode, and when I died, DigDug went into attract mode, and then went to a black screen again. Here are some pics of how it's wired up... the top bk/rd wires are from the DigDug, here there is an addition white wire pair going to what I guess is an LED put behind the 'save Will' insert (which seems very odd to me!), actually, could this be a light activated swith that turns DigDug on? The lower bk/rd wires go to the lower small (power?) Board in the head... I'd like this mod to be on all the time ideally... does anyone know how to achieve this?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

that last pic shows the light sensor. it only comes on briefly when the pin is booted. then it will come on after the "quarter hunt" mode starts. that light has to be on to trigger the sensor.

#5913 3 years ago
Quoted from board1315gamer:

I was shocked when I looked up and saw the total. What a rush haha[quoted image]

That arcade sign looks great. Do you have an issue with air balls over that way? I’ve been afraid to put anything on that ramp because I constantly get balls that fly onto that section.

#5973 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's where they keep showing clips from all the seasons where the characters say "Bullshit!"
I keep saying they need to have level 2 of that mode integrate the lockdown bar button to slap them when they say it. It would be very hectic play especially if you make the impact and reaction sounds of the slap wackier and wackier.

That would be awesome.

I still want to see a BSD style video mode where Hopper shoots charging Demodogs.

1 week later
#6182 3 years ago
Quoted from evileye:

Everyday I come here hoping to hear news on the topper.
And every day I’m disappointed.

This part.

1 week later
#6312 3 years ago

I guess there’s still no word on the official topper?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods
Plastics
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toppers
$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toppers
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
$ 74.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pudluther.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party?tu=pudluther and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.