IMG_3331 (resized).png
IMG_3330 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8622 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #235 ALERT: Be sure to check PRO Ball Lock Post, it can come loose. Posted by chuckwurt (4 years ago)

Post #712 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Replacement rubber info Posted by fooflighter (4 years ago)

Post #1272 TECH: TOYS. Demogorgon adjustment to make less shot rejects Posted by rs812 (4 years ago)

Post #1273 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Projector focus adjustment instructions Posted by rs812 (4 years ago)

Post #1717 TECH: PLAYFIELD. TK lock and deflector adjustment instructions Posted by chuckwurt (4 years ago)

Post #3533 TECH: BOOTING. Fix for Spike machines that frequently have problems booting Posted by C0untDeM0net (3 years ago)

Post #5955 MOD: Stranger Things action button surround and shooter plate Posted by pinballslave (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pacman11.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3515 3 years ago

Is there an alternate backglass for this game?

#3525 3 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

I made up this custom 2d translite , two layers and the title and mindflayer glow...looks fantastic.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Just sent you a PM

#3553 3 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

I made up this custom 2d translite , two layers and the title and mindflayer glow...looks fantastic.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I love this Translight, why can't anyone make something this good in the United States?

#3573 3 years ago

Okay what’s the trick to updating Stranger Things. I download the software to my scan disk Fat32 formatted 64gb hard which is brand new. When I plug it into the usb on the board and turn on the machine is doesn’t read it.. Do I have to do anything with the dip switches?

#3588 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Always at the top of every readme
Update instructions:
Download the zip file.
Unzip the file; this will create a folder that contains file(s).
Open the folder, copy the file(s) to the root level of a USB stick. (Do not
copy the folder.)
Power the game off.
Insert the USB stick.
Turn the game on.
After the game boots up, there will be an option for software update.
The volume buttons change options for full or quick update. The enter button
selects the option and starts the update.
Once the update is completed, turn the game off and remove the USB stick.
Turn the game on and the game will be running the new code.

I am using an IMac and I didn’t unzip the files. Thanks I’ll try it again tomorrow..

#3727 3 years ago

So I am still having problems updating my game using my I-mac. I've downloaded the Pro version from Stern's website and then copied the file to my USB Fat32 formatted drive and when I put into my game it doesn't recognize it's even plug in to update. Anyone else have problems with Mac?

#3733 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You can't just copy the zip file you download. You have to take the files OUT of the archive you downloaded and then put THOSE in the root of the USB.

Like this? Just take the exec file out of the folder?

39F6AED8-1D56-43C1-A8A2-AD97FC4D5F76 (resized).jpeg39F6AED8-1D56-43C1-A8A2-AD97FC4D5F76 (resized).jpeg
#3755 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Delete the folder. Your usb should only have the two files.

Got it! Thanks all you have to do is remove the files out of the folder and it works. Thanks!

2 years later
#16899 1 year ago

Machine - Wanted
Wanted! - “Looking for a Stranger Things Premium. I've got lots of trade bait for one, see my for sale ads. If you are local in michigan, ohio, Illinois, and indiana let's make a deal. Thanks...”
2023-01-04
Richfield, MI
Wanted
Archived after: 55 days
Viewed: 138 times

#16901 1 year ago
Quoted from blizz81:

^^^ There was one posted on FB today in Midwest Pinball and Arcade Collectors in IL for $7k plus $70 shipping that I'm sure is totally legit

Lol, yeah I saw that guy said to vemo him money and he will get it delivered.. lol

#16923 1 year ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Just for fun, I said I would drive down immediately to pick it up and bring cash. Just needed an address
He said, "no, you need to prove your a serious buyer"
Good times on FB.

Weird thing is that same guy posted an Addams Family yesterday for $8k and today I talked with someone who sent him money to hold it then said forget it and the guy refunded him his cash on Venmo. I had a long conservation with him and he said I could come get the stranger things after talking with him about it. I told him to send me a video of it and say my name in the video with his Guardian of the Galaxies machine and he did. He said the stranger things game was wrapped up in a box and in storage somewhere. I believe the guy might have been legit but just didn't want to risk a 8hr round trip to go get the machines if he wasn't..

#16930 1 year ago
Quoted from cfh:

i upgraded my pro to a premium. very similar situation you are in. i used darkstar material but i did buy the white kit from pinlife. they will eventually have a darkstar kit, but the price will be probably near $100 (opposed to $10 for white.) i suggest getting the white pinlife kit, as it gives you the sizes to cut the (expensive) darkstar material. you can buy the darkstar samples and cut them yourself, that's what i did. you don't need more than 3 sample sheets. don't put the material on the sides of the ramps for example. just the horizontal ramp surfaces. and of course the main projector area, drop targets, standup targets behind the drops, and the thin 4 standup targets. I also dimmed the LED lights on the arrows in front of the projection area to help with the projector lighting. used paper over the LED to turn them down in power. also did the 3d print of the ramp sign on the left ramp. that's a nice feature (i hear pinlife is making their own version of that sign.)
you will need other things too. if you're using a premium UV kit the stainless steel on the ball return is too short. i extended mine with the TIG welder. otherwise the ball can get stuck. unlikely, but it can happen.
Also you will have to cut your stainless steel ball return metal. the projector mounting bracket goes over the top of that metal. so you need to cut about 1/4" off the top of that return metal in an approximate 3" slice. the projector bracket hangs over the top of the ball return metal. and the pro does not have that cut out. i guess you could order that metal, but i used a cut off saw and made the cut to my original metal (and at the same time TIG welded that 1" extension so the ball does not get stuck.)
i used the stock stern projector power supply board. you can buy the cabling from that to the projector from Amazon (see links below.) but you will have to make the 70v harness that goes from the square playfield connector to the power supply (about 6 foot of two 18 gauge wires gray and black and two .093 molex round pins.) also you need to get 5v so that's another harness you will have to make (about 3 foot of two 22 gauge wires and a .156 molex housing/pins.) do you need the stern projector power supply? well if you want a stock looking setup, yes. but does it have to be that way? probably not. you could use another power supply (like the one that comes with the Apeman m4s), it connects to 120v and outputs 5v through a usb port. not the stock setup, and you have to turn that power off and on and the game power. to me it was better to just use the power supply that stern adapted to the game. cost was about $80 for that board, and had to make the board's metal mounting bracket (easy, just a single right angle bend and some holes.)
for the projector i like the stock s6000, but it's expensive. you can use an Apeman M4s projector (not the M4, but the M4s.) It's larger than the stock s6000.... so you will have to make new mounting brackets. and i'm not sure it will fit under the apron. i'm still working on that... but the stock stern projector mounting bracket will not work at all with the m4s. so you'll have to get creative and do some metal work. it's not that hard. i made a mounting bracket for the s6000, because i didn't think i could get the stern projector bracket (it's 4 pieces, and still haven't been able to get 2 of the pieces.) but at one point pinlife had the big bracket and one of the smaller brackets.
Also the M4s has to be modified to work in the stranger things game. the battery must be disconnected (easy). and the power switch permanently pressed (using a tooth pick and some super glue.) i still haven't mounted it (nor made the custom bracket), so i don't know how the projection angles will line up yet. or how it will fit under the apron.
Here's some cables you will need for the s6000 and stern projector power supply (if you are using the m4s the cabling is a bit different since one projector has a micro hdmi port, and the other has a full size hdmi port). I ended up buying both types of hdmi port cabling so i could experiment, as the cables are cheap. But what is listed below should be all you need for the s6000. If you're using the m4s the right angle hdmi cable will probably need to be different:
amazon.com link » (right angle hdmi cable, plugs into extension cable)
amazon.com link » (extension hdmi m/f cable from backbox cpu to playfield)
amazon.com link » (right angle power cable from ps board to projector)
bottom line... it's a lot of work! but getting/buying a premium stranger things is a lot of work (and money) too! and of course this all assumes you can get your stock CPU board to output HDMI video... you got lucky with the .85 software that was never upgraded. there's other ways to skin that cat, but none of them are easy or cheap.

I don't know why I didn't just do that with my pro I had. Great idea!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Eastvale, CA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Covington, LA
Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pacman11.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party?tu=pacman11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.