IMG_3331 (resized).png
IMG_3330 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8622 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #235 ALERT: Be sure to check PRO Ball Lock Post, it can come loose. Posted by chuckwurt (4 years ago)

Post #712 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Replacement rubber info Posted by fooflighter (4 years ago)

Post #1272 TECH: TOYS. Demogorgon adjustment to make less shot rejects Posted by rs812 (4 years ago)

Post #1273 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Projector focus adjustment instructions Posted by rs812 (4 years ago)

Post #1717 TECH: PLAYFIELD. TK lock and deflector adjustment instructions Posted by chuckwurt (4 years ago)

Post #3533 TECH: BOOTING. Fix for Spike machines that frequently have problems booting Posted by C0untDeM0net (3 years ago)

Post #5955 MOD: Stranger Things action button surround and shooter plate Posted by pinballslave (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nc_pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17075 1 year ago

I gotta say.... this game is awesome.

if you add the UV Kit, Cleland sound package, and the Medisynl mods to a Premium/LE I am not sure if any game can beat it. The only real negative is the cabinet and backglass art.

A few things about it... in case someone is looking to buy one.

* I suspect they applied too much clear around the left saucer. It definitely has a tendency to chip. We are all anxiously awaiting Cliffy to come out with a protector.

* The Medisynl Mods are out-of-this-world good.

* The projector and UV kit both add a lot to the game. I have all of the materials to upgrade the screens, but it is a pretty involved project. I suck at putting down mylar, so the last thing I want is to have bubbles in the screens.

*The TK lock is awesome... but easily the most problematic and finicky mech on any Stern that I have owned. The (distant) second most finicky mech is the Demogorgon shot... after that is probably my EHOH crypt. I am guessing that the time required to dial these two shots in is why Stern dropped making the Premiums so quickly.

* It's the only game I play with the lights off in the room. The game's lighting is as much a part of the game as the shots/mechs.

2 weeks later
#17156 1 year ago

***update*** I became slightly less lazy and looked in the Cleland Stranger Things topic... and the answer is... he is working on it for the current code.

I am going to ask it....

can you run the Cleland code and the updated Stern code so that you can be Insider Connected? Right now, I am choosing the Cleland code, but i'd like both.

1 week later
#17200 1 year ago
Quoted from ggg71:

Thanks. I've attached a picture. I'll have to take a look and see what the process looks like on YouTube.[quoted image]

So this is pretty common… the process is to light sand 1000, 2000, then 3000 grit) add clear (2 or 3 coats) … let it sit 1 week… resend (same as before) then polish….. apply Mylar (use a template of the saucer to cut the correct circle into the Mylar)

Next… beg cliffy to make a set for the saucer

#17229 1 year ago
Quoted from gk_usa:

Did you round the mylar over the edge to get the top and inside or just butt up close to the top edge?

So this is how i put my mylar around the saucer. As Chuck said, the jinal piece will look a bit like a "J" - below is the procedure I used for making the curve of the "J"

- measure the diameter of the saucer... I think it is 7/8" but double check
- go online and find a template for that diameter circle
- print the template and cut out the circle
- place the template/circle onto the saucer to see where it lines up with the wood on the playfield (The right edge and along the bottom)- mark the points on the circle... this is the area that needs to by mylared
- place the template/circle ontothe mylar with the two marks serving as the edge. Remember you are only concerned with the right edge (about 120 degrees) the rest of them circle/template can, and should have over the edge.(you will cut around them so you can match the diameter of the saucer perfectly).
- use scotch tape and carefully tape the template in place
- cut around the template carefully.
- I only extended the mylar about an inch beyond the saucer mainly because I suck at placing mylar without introducing bubbles. <ake sure to round all of the corners of the mylar, otherwise you will have lift points
- place the mylar as carefully as possible
-done

It seems like a lot of steps, but by far, for me, the trickiest part is putting down the mylar without bubbles. I took me 3 or 4 tries. Keep your circle/template because you can reuse it if needed.

2 weeks later
#17309 1 year ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

I created a kit to help properly setup the TK lock mechanism for Premium and LE owner.
Stern's instructions have you simply loosen the mount through the backboard to adjust the ramp spacing to the backboard which allows the ramp to move as the ball travels through - creating inconsistent results. This kit includes various thickness spacers to properly space the ramp away from the backboard while allowing it to be securely mounted to provide more consistent performance. As others have posted, this is a CRITCAL measurement. If you don't have this set correctly, you will never get your TK Lock to work properly and will get rejects at the TK Lock Guide Rod.
It also includes a measuring tool that you can use to set the TK Lock Guide Rod spacing. Stern has some very specific spacing requirements that are almost impossible to measure with one person using a ruler. This gauge allows simple - one person measurements.
Instructions included that compliment Stern's instructions that chuckwurt posted here https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/35#post-5472488
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1167-gameroom-mods/07986-stern-stranger-things-tk-lock-adjustment-kit
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Kinda like a no-brainer - even if your TK lock is working perfectly. I placed an order... and I am a no-brain kinda guy!

1 week later
#17325 1 year ago

I wonder if they will make any Premiums or just Pro's? GG mentions it being a top earner on location... so maybe it is just Pros?

#17327 1 year ago
Quoted from nzwiefka:

Hey all, I've run into a couple issues with the Premium that maybe some of you might know how to fix. It seems the magnetic ball lock on the back left side rarely ever gets the balls to stick to the wall. Anyone know of a way to fix it so that it will stick every time? The other issue is on the same ramp where it hits the magnetic ball lock post and the post basically stays up blocking the ball until I hit the flippers a few times.

Just go up to post #17307

This is a known problem for, I think every, Stranger Things Premium and LE. The good news is that post #17307 is selling a kit to help you fix it... for cheap. Doing it yourself (without the kit) is a un-fun job that can take hours.

#17328 1 year ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

I wouldn't be shocked if they made an elvira 40th type of play to help justify the build complexity of the prem

I bet we have a winner! They may launch it to coincide with the ending of the show. Maybe throw a $20K price on it and give it some exclusive code.

#17366 1 year ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Have you seen Medisinyl Mods laboratory set of mods? That's the obvious answer. It completely changes the character of the playfield into what it should have looked like all along.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/medisinyl-mods-stranger-things-no-list-until-fully-revealed

Probably my all-time favorite mod.

1 week later
#17392 1 year ago
Quoted from Borntolose:

Just cleaning the playfield and noticed this
[quoted image]

Super common… but very disappointing

How I fixed mine…

1 Sand down the area with 2000 and 3000 grit try to get rid of the bubble/chips if you can. Be very careful not to sand the actual art

2 use automotive clear coat and do your best to level it out

3 resand with 2000 then 3000 sand paper the using buffing compound for shine

4 may have to repeat 3 and 4 a couple of times

5 cut out a “j-shaped” piece of Mylar to protect around the saucer

Btw… for everyone who *doesn’t* have chips around the saucer…. I’d put down a j-shaped piece of Mylar asap

#17394 1 year ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

Does anyone make anything that is custom fit for this area for protection?

We are all waiting for a cliffy

#17400 1 year ago
Quoted from blizz81:

I recently re-did mine with two fresh layers of mylar after noticing two very small spots of damage that made it thru my mylar.
Within 10 games after this, I had the spot on the bottom of the saucer get worse. Surely just coincidence / timing, but suffice it to say the ball can punish the edges of the saucer with mylar. (Though mylar should help)
I do have my flipper power down some as well.

oh wow... I was hoping the mylar was a permanent fix.

#17407 1 year ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

The OP is not talking about the saucer chipping.. there is giant chip in the art by the target on this pro!
OP - How many plays on the pin? (I'm guessing not too many since the targets don't show wear.)
What is the manufacture date printed on the back of the cabinet? Any date stamped on the end of the playfield?
[quoted image]

Crap… my eye is so trained to the saucer I missed that.

#17481 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That’s unfortunate because the stock setup works perfectly fine.
Maybe you can contact the seller and see if they ever had it? Maybe get with the distro they used to see if you can buy the stock cover for the pro from stern?

You’re the man! Way to help out a fellow pinsider!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Eastvale, CA
Machine - For Sale
Covington, LA
$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
8,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nc_pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party?tu=nc_pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.