IMG_3764 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3761 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3762 (resized).png
20240410_201325.jpg
abba tk lock (resized).jpg
IMG_3111 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3109 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #235 ALERT: Be sure to check PRO Ball Lock Post, it can come loose. Posted by chuckwurt (4 years ago)

Post #712 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Replacement rubber info Posted by fooflighter (4 years ago)

Post #1272 TECH: TOYS. Demogorgon adjustment to make less shot rejects Posted by rs812 (4 years ago)

Post #1273 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Projector focus adjustment instructions Posted by rs812 (4 years ago)

Post #1717 TECH: PLAYFIELD. TK lock and deflector adjustment instructions Posted by chuckwurt (4 years ago)

Post #3533 TECH: BOOTING. Fix for Spike machines that frequently have problems booting Posted by C0untDeM0net (3 years ago)

Post #5955 MOD: Stranger Things action button surround and shooter plate Posted by pinballslave (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nazz26.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3122 4 years ago

Hey all. Stranger Things is now on my radar after I said no more machines for awhile. I lied oops... Question. Any side blades have UV print..OEM on the LE or aftermarket prints?

#3125 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Uv ink on side blades probably won't look good since UV lights mount on inside edge of ramps.

Thanks Crile1. That makes sense.

1 week later
#3209 4 years ago

Hi all. Just purchased nib Stranger Things premium. Level and inspected game. Did notice the ball post lock under left ramp dropping and ball is unable to roll out. The plastic rod goes back up not giving the ball enough time to roll out. Ball stays in the two gated area. Not sure if this has been mentioned in thread this before. Any solutions. Thanks.

#3273 4 years ago

I’m sure a distributor will install it for you with a fee. I just installed it and it’s not hard at all. Maybe an 1 1/2hr to install, very easy. Also there’s a couple of instructions videos on you tube.

#3283 4 years ago

Purchased on Wednesday few things wrong on startup. Left ball lock rod under ramp not releasing the ball. My fix was to add two small spacer washers to each of the 3 screws holding the coil to the Playfield. So far so good. Next problem the telekinesis ball lock. Adjusted as per chuckwurt PDF file. Now works 100%. Thanks chuckwurt. Adjusted left flipper 235. Right flipper 230. My pitch is 7.0 bubble is centered. The demo shot is hit 50% of the time. Might just be my bad pinball skills. Last problem is the mystery gate(under left ramp). The ball gets stuck there often. Any solutions. I’m thinking of bending the gate some. Very happy with this game. I can’t stop playing it as it really draws you in. So much fun.

1E047998-FD44-4C58-9046-21CE32252CCF (resized).jpeg1E047998-FD44-4C58-9046-21CE32252CCF (resized).jpeg
#3285 4 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

On a lot of games, including mine, the gate comes loose and causes balls it get stuck under there. Need to put it back in position and bend it out a bit so it stays. Once I did that I didn't have any more issues.

Thanks...I will give it a gentle try. Just don’t want to snap the gate.

#3377 3 years ago

Added a few mods..purple plastic protectors, purple flipper button lights, shaker motor and tiltgraphicsinc inside art blades. It came out looking great. Thnx tilt graphics.

62854720-3946-404D-B600-7C706332486C (resized).jpeg62854720-3946-404D-B600-7C706332486C (resized).jpeg9A936621-789B-4E23-8A0F-4A840ED66CA6 (resized).jpeg9A936621-789B-4E23-8A0F-4A840ED66CA6 (resized).jpeg
#3382 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Are the plastic protectors from tilt also?

No. Cointaker

#3383 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Those side blades are sweet!

Thnx Chuckwurt

#3384 3 years ago
Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

Those side blades look great, but what’s groot’s sister doing in there?[quoted image]

Lol. It does look like a evil Groots sister. But it was in the Series..

10A6F896-FE58-4802-85ED-27BA6D32BBC1 (resized).png10A6F896-FE58-4802-85ED-27BA6D32BBC1 (resized).png
#3397 3 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Got my UV kit yesterday and am gonna install today! Any tips out there on the install ? I remember someone saying something about some wiring under the right ramp? Not sure but some tips would come in handy. Thanks !!

Zach from Flip n Out Pinball has a great You Tube video out. He explains install step by step.

#3409 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The most important thing about the left orbit guide adjustment is to make sure the up post doesn’t hit the ball when it comes back up after releasing it.

How can this be fixed. Is there an adjustment in the settings. I’ve tried everything from game pitch to even unscrewing mech from play field and adding small washers between the mech and the underside play field. All with no luck. That rod has always hit the ball upon upward release.

#3412 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Make sure your game is pitched between 6.5-7 too. Just at the top line on the bubble level on the shooter lane.

Thanks. PinGuy app pitch is at 7.1. I’ll try bringing the back up higher and more roll to the left. The ball also gets stuck between the wire gate and the metal rail leading to that up post rod.

#3421 3 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

I took some high speed video and found the reason for most of my crazy air balls is that the plastic protector around the demo gorgon sits too high in one spot because of a bolt underneath it that needs to be shaved down a couple cm. What I need help with is, what is the best way to get access to that part? Not sure how or where to begin with the ramp tear down.

I would think the plastic is that way so the ball has a fast roll after a miss to the demogorgen and So that the ball does not get stuck and then will set you up for another demogorgen shot.

#3446 3 years ago

Upgraded to 5 1/4 speakers on my premium and purchased speaker lights from Doug over at Speakerlightkits.com. The install went all to easy. Could not be happier. Thanks again Doug..
24722C8A-5228-4D82-A858-F016C17D32BA (resized).jpeg24722C8A-5228-4D82-A858-F016C17D32BA (resized).jpeg

A1F67C0B-EAC5-43A0-8FFB-D21CE60E6CC5 (resized).jpegA1F67C0B-EAC5-43A0-8FFB-D21CE60E6CC5 (resized).jpeg
#3453 3 years ago
Quoted from Initiative:

Nazz - what brand of speakers did you get there?
Separate topic: I just threw a shaker into my premium, and there's one event I was looking forward to getting some serious feedback on - start of MB when the van lands on its roof and drops the balls off the backboard. To my surprise there is no shake there! what the heck?!

Initiative...Kenwood 5 1/4 1366s. Same speakers that Stern puts in their LE’s

#3456 3 years ago
Quoted from Initiative:

Thank you kindly! ive had my eye on replacing them along with getting the light ring. question though - i've got a 12" energy sub hooked up and admittedly the sound and music are already crazy good (neighbors hate me). do the kenwoods legitimately sound like an upgrade?

Sound is better, I notice better highs but I did the mod more for the speaker light kit.

#3477 3 years ago
Quoted from Kharris:

I did this mod back in January or early February can’t remember, but you need an amp to really benefit from those kenwoods! I used pinwoofer because it came as a kit but if you under stand speaker stuff you could probably save money. I got an amp for the backbox and one for the cab. And an eight inch Pyle sub in the kit. I have my vol. set on 5 and it’s super intense!

Kharris. Will look into to it. Thanks.

#3481 3 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

What speakers did you use?

Kenwood KFC-1366S 5 1/4

#3482 3 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

new ramp length is 5 3/4 inches ~147mm. old ramp was closer to 5 1/2 inches ~140mm. Width is the same. This is measuring the straight section. where the graphic goes and the end of the ramp

Maybe they made the new ramp longer to prevent the ball from getting stuck under it when it lowers to shot the demogorgen. It does happen periodically when playing the game..

#3580 3 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Okay what’s the trick to updating Stranger Things. I download the software to my scan disk Fat32 formatted 64gb hard which is brand new. When I plug it into the usb on the board and turn on the machine is doesn’t read it.. Do I have to do anything with the dip switches?

This YouTube video explains how to download and install the code.

#3583 3 years ago

Downloaded latest code v.90. Big improvements on scoring and much better light shows on modes but still no 80’s music from the TV series. Will that ever happen? I know there is a cleland sound mod. But will Stern ever add a few songs in their code?

4 weeks later
#4065 3 years ago

So since downloading latest code. 2nd time this has showed up on projector screen. I just turned off then on again and all is well. Anybody else have this happen?

960FC92C-7B12-4967-972A-E3380DDAFCF4 (resized).jpeg960FC92C-7B12-4967-972A-E3380DDAFCF4 (resized).jpeg
#4068 3 years ago

Not sure. Since I downloaded the latest code only turned on machine 4 times to play and this has happened twice. Nothing turns on other than my installed speaker lights. It saying wandboard.org on the projector screen and that’s it. Had turn turn machine off then back on and all turns on.

#4073 3 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

That sounds like the CPU board not booting up. While mine was a pro I had a similar issue where the main cpu was not coming up and rebooting or opening the coin door would get it going. Turned out to be the sd card was bad. Grabbed one from my wife's camera (she hasn't noticed) and flashed the software and have not had the issue since. Worth trying

Thanks Count . I’ll give it a try. Also will give Stern a call tomorrow.

9 months later
#8568 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

All, super late to the game on this...interested in a NIB Premium but looks like they are pretty much sold out (although a few price gougers out there). So question is, what do you all think of the Pro? Really like the projector and really, really want TK lock, but is the Pro acceptable (or more than acceptable?) fun and fine theme integration? I could always wait for a used premium but kinda want to move on this for wife's birthday!

Try Pinballs.com. There located in Ct. Ordered 3 NIB from Mike. No problems at all.

#8648 3 years ago
Quoted from haveaniceswim:

Has anybody seen these art blades for sale in the US? I prefer the woods without the demos that are on the Tilt Graphics blades.
[quoted image]

I purchased tilt graphics art blades with demos awhile ago. I think they fit in great with the machine. But to each their own.

A1C97D8E-4677-4540-89F2-26A8CE1C6894 (resized).jpegA1C97D8E-4677-4540-89F2-26A8CE1C6894 (resized).jpegE01B0345-F9B4-4D34-95A4-B2394A1B3334 (resized).jpegE01B0345-F9B4-4D34-95A4-B2394A1B3334 (resized).jpeg
#8772 3 years ago

Topper cost. $849.00

#8781 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Why was the topper release delayed so much? Poor initial reaction to the game and sales?

Hopefully this topper will be over the top. Kinda like the BKsor topper. When Stern announced that topper many people said they would buy the game just for the topper. Now that BKsor topper is selling for $1500 to $2500. CraZy!!

#8794 3 years ago

Who is taking pre orders for STh toppers?

#8832 3 years ago

Topper is different. Not BKsor caliber....Also waiting for price from my distributor. He Said trying to reach out to Stern for confirmed price. I will probably order it.

#8834 3 years ago
Quoted from KYLEDM5:

My associate just got a pro and tried adding one of his Pinstadium sets that he already had.
The primary goal is for the UV effect in the Upside Down, but since it's hooked into the GI, it turns off when that mode starts.
Is there a way to get it to turn on during that mode or is the only real option to get the special Things Edition Pinstadium kit or Stern kit?
Thanks!

Just get the Stern Kit. You get new plastics and a new apron.

#8871 3 years ago

Got the last one
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

my distributor receptionist said she will send me the invoice via email tomorrow. Fingers crossed..

#8874 3 years ago

Goodluck! I just wish the went with realistic images for the demagorgan Would have been much better IMO.

Thnx. Yes true. But then Stern would have charged $1049.

#8972 3 years ago

So my distro called and said my STn topper will be shipped to me tomorrow. Can’t wait to see it. Anybody see it in person?

#8980 3 years ago
Quoted from JWE:

Nice, who did you order from.

Mike from Pinballs.com

6 months later
#12525 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Curious if Stranger Things owners would be interested in a action button plate? I hate the fact Stern costed them out of the BOM, leaves the area looking a little unfinished compared to the older games like AC/DC and Star Trek LE.
Here’s one made for Mando, as an example.
[quoted image]

I’ll be interested as well. Count me in..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

6,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Louisville, KY
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nazz26.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party?tu=nazz26 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.