StrangerThingsProjectorIssue (resized).jpg
IMG_3491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3470 (resized).jpeg
A_SSK (resized).jpg
AE99B1FC-2FD4-481F-8B7F-6B7DF79E16DD (resized).jpeg
image_67200769 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #235 ALERT: Be sure to check PRO Ball Lock Post, it can come loose. Posted by chuckwurt (4 years ago)

Post #712 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Replacement rubber info Posted by fooflighter (4 years ago)

Post #1272 TECH: TOYS. Demogorgon adjustment to make less shot rejects Posted by rs812 (4 years ago)

Post #1273 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Projector focus adjustment instructions Posted by rs812 (4 years ago)

Post #1717 TECH: PLAYFIELD. TK lock and deflector adjustment instructions Posted by chuckwurt (4 years ago)

Post #3533 TECH: BOOTING. Fix for Spike machines that frequently have problems booting Posted by C0untDeM0net (3 years ago)

Post #5955 MOD: Stranger Things action button surround and shooter plate Posted by pinballslave (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mstang01.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14333 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:This is not guaranteed to stay forever. It was not the designers intent to have the ball do this.

What should the ball do? My game doesn’t act at all like the video when it is level (when it wasn’t level the scoop did go around burn it up a lot). My outer orbits don’t flow like the video either… should I try to adjust them or is the game not ment to be as smooth as the video?

1 month later
#14759 1 year ago
Quoted from Gutterghoul:

Decided to pit in plastic protectors while waiting for new optos. Tried to install the return lane protectors and now the bolts are too short. I assumed all playfield protectors were the same, but maybe mine are just too thick?
[quoted image]

Same here but I haven’t bought longer screws yet

#14802 1 year ago
Quoted from drum412:

Just added some new toys!! Target store exclusive UV set (Eleven, Dustin and demogorgan). They look great in the upside down!!! Now to see how long it takes to get balls stuck in the corners.......
[quoted image]

Mine gets stuck on the back right corner without mods, I’d think that could only help

1 month later
#15411 1 year ago
Quoted from barakawins:

Times have changed. I have my premium up for $15k right now. But, I'm starting to think I like the game too much and may pull it. It's so unique.

Lol, I missed you saying it was a premium at first and thought you had an LE on super sale. I bought a pro months ago for 7800 with all the accessories but kept passing on premium’s and LEs thinking I’d find a better deal but all models are only going up in price and scarcity of premiums really driving them higher.

#15460 1 year ago

Is there a trick to getting the hinge pin back into the ramp (pro)? My pin has slide right out of the left hole, I’m guessing there was supposed to be a c-clip holding it on like the right side…

3 weeks later
#15793 1 year ago

The post lock under my left ramp has started cycling then it disables itself. Usually this happens soon after the machine turns on though I’ve also seen it

Quoted from maxharvard:

I can see that happening. Which, would ultimately be a terrible idea for Stern or others, part of the reason things become popular is because they can be modded and fiddled with.

They may make a middle ground where you can purchase customizations. I think songs/movie clips/actors voices and images etc. that might be too expensive or complicated to purchase for public/private use of an unknown number of people could be much cheaper and easier to license for a single person or family.

2 months later
#16244 1 year ago
Quoted from Spitfiren8:

True, makes u wonder why JP, SW, Elvira are still being made but they ended STh. All released the same year. Only reason i can think is that it earned poorly thus sold poorly.

I don’t know anything about the business of routing games, but I’d think they would have to buy one to find out it’s not earning money. I’m not sure how much of Sterns business is actually operators vs private sales (would be interesting to know) and how many operators are buying multiples of the same title… operators get their games first, I wouldn’t think how a game earns affects sales very much since the money is spent at that point.

1 month later
#16683 1 year ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Pinside owners numbers show: 393 pros in pinsiders collections and 352 on route. (typically the number on route is a fraction of the number in collections) Clearly it's popular on route.
It's difficult to vault STh without an overhaul since it's stuck in S01/02 from 2016/2017.
To update it you would make new modes for current seasons which means:
-updated art with Vecna, etc and new modes listed on inserts.
-new code for new modes
-new animations and clips for new modes
-new callouts for new modes
-new sound FX for new modes
-new music for new modes
-new lightshow for new modes
-new achievements
(shaker code, topper code, UV code.. I'm probably forgetting some stuff)
-licensor approval
Dwight mentioned in the past in a interview when asked how hard would it be to add a mode to the interviewers favorite pin, his answer listed the items like above to make it clear what a huge task it would be just to go back and add a mode to a modern pin.

I don’t think anything would force them to update seasons in art/code if they did a vault release… it’s popular as is. But if that was their intention any time soon they wouldn’t have archived it.

2 weeks later
#16755 1 year ago
Quoted from dboeren:

How "important" is it to get a Premium with the projector and TK multiball over the less expensive Pro model? I don't have budget for one now (just bought a Godzilla Premium) but I'm trying to make a list of machines to keep an eye out for in the future. The swipe-a-ball feature and TK in general sound cool, but from what I've heard the TK lock is often unreliable and I'm worried the projector may fail in the long run so maybe a Pro is the way to go? What do you guys think?
Thanks!

I have a pro with a uv kit and the pinstadium stranger things kit and I like it a lot (picked up the pro for the reasons you mentioned and the price difference. That said, I haven’t played a premium (I’m a bit scared to). People say the projector takes it to another level and you can turn off the tk lock if it’s a problem… but it will be almost twice the price of a pro

#16768 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I would take the Pinstadiums out on this one.

If they are the pinstadiums made for stranger things (uv) they look great and should be tied to the game uv I think. I have disconnected mine on and off because I think they are a pain every time I want to lift the playfield and one side is curved and keeps falling off the magnet strip but it does look much better when they are on.

1 month later
#17108 1 year ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Anyone using the Pinstadiums for STh instead of the UV kit? Anyone seen both? it is a similar experience? Pinsadium page says in many ways its better.
Thank you in advance for sharing.

I had both on my pro, the pinstadiums made the UV way more intense. I’m not sure about without the Stern kit, because I never saw it that way but I’d guess you wouldn’t notice the factory ones weren’t there… except you wouldn’t have uv plastics.

1 week later
#17157 1 year ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

***update*** I became slightly less lazy and looked in the Cleland Stranger Things topic... and the answer is... he is working on it for the current code.
I am going to ask it....
can you run the Cleland code and the updated Stern code so that you can be Insider Connected? Right now, I am choosing the Cleland code, but i'd like both.

I was running the 1.05 version I think on my pro which had the basic insider connected (no home team)

1 month later
#17333 1 year ago
Quoted from Xdetroit:

I think George said probably. Seems strange that Stern would make these when they can’t keep up with games that are still in production. Maybe with the new building they expect lots of extra capacity. Stranger Things have happened. :p

Less surprising as an SLE…

#17336 1 year ago
Quoted from Flipper_Ripper:

I don't think so. Stern likes to keep their cards close to their chest when it comes to upcoming games, and this is the 2nd time George has alluded to a Stranger Things re-run in an interview, and also the Stern social media page mentioned recently with a criptic message that we will see Eleven soon again. I dislike that this hobby is about investments and everyone covering their eyes and ears on this news are doing so because they believe the value of their ST Prem or Pro will fall, hence the recent posts of SLE Stranger Things just to make themselves feel secure about their "investment". Just be happy more people can enjoy this pin in the future.

Not sure if you meant my SLE comment but I don’t own a STh at the moment. I’ve had a pro, wouldn’t mind a prem or LE but they are pretty expensive so I figured since Stern seems to be doing yearly SLE’s lately it would be a good candidate. Just wild speculation with no ulterior motives

4 months later
#17775 7 months ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Did you see how Brian Eddy was wearing clothes just like in Stranger Things? Confirmed SLE with little pieces of christmas lights on the apron.

I would guess SLE (not specifically with a Christmas light apron). They like doing the EoY SLEs and STh seems like a strong title for one. Whatever they do the only thing we can be sure of is that people will complain

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods
Plastics
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toppers
$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toppers
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
$ 74.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mstang01.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party?tu=mstang01 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.