IMG_3331 (resized).png
IMG_3330 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8622 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #235 ALERT: Be sure to check PRO Ball Lock Post, it can come loose. Posted by chuckwurt (4 years ago)

Post #712 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Replacement rubber info Posted by fooflighter (4 years ago)

Post #1272 TECH: TOYS. Demogorgon adjustment to make less shot rejects Posted by rs812 (4 years ago)

Post #1273 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Projector focus adjustment instructions Posted by rs812 (4 years ago)

Post #1717 TECH: PLAYFIELD. TK lock and deflector adjustment instructions Posted by chuckwurt (4 years ago)

Post #3533 TECH: BOOTING. Fix for Spike machines that frequently have problems booting Posted by C0untDeM0net (3 years ago)

Post #5955 MOD: Stranger Things action button surround and shooter plate Posted by pinballslave (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrmikeman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7845 3 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Is the pinstadium uv kit as good as the stern kit? If not does anyone know where to locate a stern kit? Wouldn't mind finding the side armor for a premium also. Lmk Thanks.

Look a few posts up (7835-7836). More coming soon. Stern kit is interactive (node board) as programmed in the game code. Pinstadium is not.

It's not just about having UV lighting. It's turning off the regular light and having ONLY UV lighting at the appropriate times. Pinstadium has UV flashers that you hook up to whichever flasher/insert you want. They don't turn off the other lighting and the game can't "know" you have UV lighting.

#7847 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I don’t think that’s true. Scott made a specific kit that works just like the stern kit.
That being said, I’ve seen both in action, and the stern kit is better.

Just looked it up and you are correct. It does work like the Stern kit except for the prem/LE models. you have to crank up the GI on those for Pinstadium to work. That probably makes the projector feature less effective.

#7859 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

When will we hear anything about the topper?

Quoted from playtwowin:

^^ Has there been any leaked images of the Topper? ^^

This is weird. I haven't seen anything on the topper either but just talked to my distro and he's like "oh yeah they made some and sold out, they will make more soon". I asked him what it looked like and he said it's the xmas light/letters.

I'm thinking he may have seen prototype pics but I sure can't find ANYTHING about it.

#7863 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Your distro is clueless. Haha.

He’s usually pretty sharp. Matter of fact he got off the phone with stern just before talking to me. April for the topper. And yes mid-end march for the UV kit. Last run of UV kits apparently.

#7866 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Hopefully the Topper is not the xmas lights. That would be pretty lame imo. Hopefully they incorporate the UV lighting with the topper.

What else would you imagine as an interactive (and realistic) topper?

#7879 3 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Hey all. Not trying to highjack the thread, but have some questions as I am about to pull the trigger on a NIB PREM or an NIB LE.
I know that everyone in this thread most likely has the machine so opinions may be biased, but I'm hoping for some honest feedback.
I have watched every video by SDTM, TNT, DF and have done all my research on the "troubled" areas (kinetic MB lock, Demogorgon alignment, game pitch and level, projector focus etc).
What else do I need to know? I know about the UV kit (there is one seller still selling them at a crazy high price) and I know that Stern is in the process of making more and that feature seems awesome.
How is the game play? Enjoyable? Do you see it lasting in your collection for a long time? Is there "enough" to do in the game? I know this game has taken a beating by some, but so did my Houdini and I love that machine. Is this game a must have?
If you happen to respond, please be honest and kind and help me decide.
Kyle

I pulled the trigger on a NIB LE yesterday. I had a chance to play a pro last summer and knew right away that it's a game I would enjoy. In my case my gf plays as much pinball as I do but finds really hard/complex games a bit of a downer. She really likes JP as a theme but the game play frustrates her in that she knows she will never even get to visitor center. On MMR she really has a good time because even though she won't likely get to batlle for the kingdom, she 'feels' like there's a glimmer of hope. I find that STh is a similar shooter. I am hoping she will love it lol. She doesn't know it's coming.

#7887 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I think this March run is going to be it for UV kits so I’d call around to all distros and see if you can get on a list if you need one.

Already paid mine. That's what my distro said. This is it. Get in or you're out!

#7897 3 years ago
Quoted from Joeymonkey:

No, was just hitting jackpot after jackpot and feeling good about myself when the flippers stopped and lights went out. Thought I tilted at first then I saw that it rebooted. Weird!

Official or custom code?

#7899 3 years ago

Might be the issue. I had similar issues on JP with custom code. Custom sounds were not the same length as original callouts/music.

In that case it was repeatable. It was a specific sequence of events that would cause it.

1 week later
#8111 3 years ago
Quoted from Rocco:

Hello everyone, we will soon have a complete set of Black Diamond material for the projection surfaces. For this purpose, all white surfaces from STERN are removed. Our Black Diamond Set is laminated on the back with double-sided adhesive film and on the front with a protective film. Further details will follow soon . Regards, Benjamin
Video with the full "Black Diamond" Projector Set installed:
https://vimeo.com/515169194
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Given the discussion on reflective materials/angle issues on the previous page, I would to see the black diamond material compared to the cricut silver. I would especially like to see video from the player's perspective. I personally don't play while resting my head on the lockbar, which is the angle you have in your video.

#8117 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Stern. Once they release it.

Supposedly late March/early April.

#8152 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

More the merrier! Welcome! Glad NIBs are still out there. Rumor is no more are being made so whatever distros have right now, may be it.

My NIB LE is sitting at my distro. I just need to go get it but can”t really for at least 3 weeks. The wait is KILLING meee!!!

#8159 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Anyone seen the stern shooter rod kit for sale? can't find one in stock anywhere.

Just got one from nitropinball.com

#8172 3 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Anyone know a source that still has Stern Premium UV kits in stock? Look to be all sold out everywhere I have looked. One dist told me that Stern estimated 2-3 weeks before restock.

Mid March was what I was told also. It's only a few weeks wait. I pre-paid just to make sure I'd get it though. I suggest you do the same.

#8180 3 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Who did you prepay through?

My distro. They never make me prepay even for machines but in this case he said that Stern was only doing a small batch and the only way to guarantee getting one was to order it now.

#8181 3 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

Does anyone know where I can buy the stern shooter rod?

You should try searching the thread. It's been discussed just a few posts above yours!

#8323 3 years ago

Man you guys suck.. You made me too excited about getting the game. My LE is sitting at the distro. I was going to pick it up once my UV Kit & SW Prem show up but now I just can't wait. Asked my distro to ship it to my local depot this morning. I'll have it before the week is done. It'll be my b'day present from me to me lol. Just sucks that the first few weeks will be without the UV kit.

#8329 3 years ago

Nice birthday present to yourself. Congrats!! I have a pro and love it! Got the cleland sound mod also. Definitely a must have.

Already have the sound mod. All I need is the machine!

#8383 3 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Anyone ever have a restarting issue.
My pin just gets stuck on the estarting mode and it doesn’t restart. I have to turn it off an on 5 or 6 times to work. Sometimes I put the old SD card and it works instantly and then try the Clelands card.
The issue only happens with Clelands file. I have formatted the card and reflashed the Cleland file with Belenaetcher 3 times already and the issue keeps popping it’s head. I’m going to try a completely different memory card but the one I have is better than the stern one.
Any thoughts? [quoted image][quoted image]

Don’t use Balenaetcher. It’s been covered lots in the custom JP audio thread. Use win32diskimager.

#8390 3 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

I would think it would at least boot up out of the box ?? Node boards not found and keeps rebooting.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Close the coin door.

#8403 3 years ago

This is it! Transport company just called. My LE is ready for pickup! WOOT!

#8409 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

This is it! Transport company just called. My LE is ready for pickup! WOOT!

Man it’s hard to focus on work with this sitting in the garage.

F9C15EDB-69F8-4469-A0CE-5F0262B61B81 (resized).jpegF9C15EDB-69F8-4469-A0CE-5F0262B61B81 (resized).jpeg
#8410 3 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Haha mines at 30 also. Was playing late last night with no complaints.

Hopefully its built on or after 3/6/2020. Mine needed no fixes outta the box. Install the uv kit asap because like other say it's a game changer. Also I advise against clear rubber on this title.

Probably not a late build. It's number 16. The UV kits is ordered. I will stick a set of PinStadiums(just the UV lighting) until I get the kit.

#8414 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

LE number has nothing to do with build sequence. Serial number does.

My machine was born on 28 Jan 2020.

So what changed on 3/6/2020 ?

#8416 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I had one of the first LEs off the line and I’m 248.

I take it back then!

#8450 3 years ago

I set up mine last night (28 Jan 2020 build). Installed real knocker, Stern shooter rod, and external sub. Still need to check pitch and level - game feels a little slow. Guessing my pitch is closer to 6 than 6.5. Ran late and wanted to try the game!

I set it up like all my other games. 4 auto replay levels that award extra balls. Specials award EB, and no EB limit. Also closed the outlanes to make the game palatable for my gf - I heard the outlanes were pretty brutal on this game. Well shit. She got some ok playtime but my games were forever lasting (I'm a fairly decent player). Probably be like that for a few weeks until the replay scores adjust higher. Only played 4 games total and broke 1B twice. Only got about half of what's needed for final showdown. Did do all the demo modes. The fifth one is fun! Also got to total isolation twice. That was so cool. Wish the manufacturers could implement some sort of player profile for home use. Like XBOX/PS. I could have harder settings for me but easier settings for my gf.

TK lock seems to work ok. Obviously weak shots don't make it but good shots do. Demo seems to be pretty good. Hard to judge but shots seem high but demo bends back and ball goes in so I won't mess with it for now.

Projector was totally out of focus. What a crappy setup for adjustment. The projector itself seems to have some play in the focus wheel so vibration from the game puts it out-of-focus. It's still a bit fuzzy but pretty close.

Tried installing regular pinstadium neos while I wait for my UV Kit. Was hoping the "UV" connection on the pinstadiums would be adequate but it's not really UV. More like purple/pink. I'm sure their STh edition is in the correct UV range. Anyway the Neos did nothing to make the hidden artwork be visible so didn't install them. Hope the kit arrives soon!

I still need to tweak some ball guides but waiting to adjust to the correct pitch first. The upper left tends to send the ball into the left sling and it produces a lot of STDM bounces. The upper right guide is super inconsistent. Some times left sling, left flipper, right flipper, stdm. Depends if it hits the shooter lane 1-way gate post. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. I'm sure I can find a consistent setup. Will get to it today!

#8460 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

This is the machine that started it all. My quest to document flipper temps on all modern machines and the resulting Tibetan Breeze cooling kits started with Brian Eddy (and Chuck Wirt) right on this machine.

So is there a problem with production PinMonk ?

I ordered and paid for 2 kits 2 weeks ago and nothing. Total silence.. No word on when they'll ship or why there is a delay.

#8474 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Sounds a lot like SW.

yes. And I am getting my NIB prem in a month or so. Lol. 2 hated games back to back.

I like’em.

#8510 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You're likely in the changeover to the 2.0 Spike kits. I left the 1.0 kits up a little too long and accidentally oversold them, so the excess orders will be getting the 2.0 SPIKE kits for the 1.0 kit price. I just got the new foam for the packaging on the new brackets, so I'll be catching up this coming week and should be caught up by the end of the week.

Awesome. Can’t wait! I’m getting mega long play time and flipper fade is distracting to say the least.

#8540 3 years ago

Got a bug. Playing demo #5. “can’t stop”. Timer runs out with a ball in the shooter lane. Ball auto fired with no flippers in order to get all 6 in trough. Then game continues and says same player shoot again. So i plunge the ball but the flippers stayed dead. End of ball. End of game. Damn. Was a good one too.

#8542 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Please report to this email. They will not respond, but they read all of them.
[email protected]

done

#8549 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

that translate is amazing! so much better than the original!
I am contemplating buying this game, I just had a chance to play it and really liked it. At the moment I own AIQ and really love it.
I do not have any complains about Stern games, I think they are awesome games.
I dont understand why is this game so underrated. I presume it must be a generational thing. I foresee this title becoming a classic in the future.
With that said, which one is the one to get? PRO PRE LE? I love the UV light kit on this game so that is a must I know.

LE may be hard to find but I'd go for prem for sure - P1 has a bunch of prems right now. You can pick up in Montreal or they will ship to the Ottawa D&R depot for 100$. I just did that for my LE.

The projector and TK locks are awesome. UV light kit is being run/sold one last time so you may need to get on that right away unless you buy a used game with it included already.

#8558 3 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

***disclaimer - I don’t have the game in my possession yet. Told Player1 I’d wait for the back ordered UV Stern add-ons before they ship my game; that way I’d get them all at once. Have all the mods ready to go though! Lol

LOL!!! That's what I had said too. And then changed my mind last week. I figured I'd get time to tweak it so that when all the add-ons come in I could just add them and continue playing. Turns out no tweaking was necessary. Everything works as intended but flipper fade is a reality on this game - reminds me so much of LOTR. Ordered my flipper cooling kit.

#8566 3 years ago
Quoted from palacekeeper:

I thought they were out of stock? I looked on pinside and on pinmonk's page and both show sold out. I need to get one also because I really noticed the fade the other night after playing for about 2 hours.

Got my order in a few weeks ago just before they shut it down for the switch to the new style. They just shipped it last Friday though.

#8577 3 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Still experimenting with projector improvements.
Finally found a material that works very well on the ramps (already ordered more to do the whole machine). Darkstar 9 by Elite Screens.
Video clip shows both a piece on the ramp and moving one around on the main screen. Both show multiple angles. This material looks great at every angle (must be turned the proper way--spinning 90* will make it dark [an ambient light rejecting feature]).
EDIT: Added a pic of each side during MB.

Your video is private and can't be seen.

1 week later
#8721 3 years ago
Quoted from spikedbat:

I’m having issues with my projector going out of focus. Moved the game recently and it was out of focus. I opened it up and adjusted the focus on the knob but every few games it goes out again.
The little metal plate with the foam is installed and I assume this foam when pushed up against the adjustment knob and secured with the metal plate is suppose to stop this from happening. However it doesn’t stay focused for more than a few games.
Anybody else have this issue?

Yes. Curious to hear about potential solutions.

#8723 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Are you sure it’s not just when you turn the game on? It takes a solid 20 mins for it to warm up and come in focus.
Also your focus wheel should have a door over it with a piece of foam that holds the wheel in place.
You need to adjust the wheel just a hair out of focus then put the cover on. The cover will move the wheel a tad when putting it back on, but should be in focus if you do it right.
Don’t adjust the focus until the game as been on for at least 30 min.

Yeah that might be it for me. The focus is super sharp when cold and then 30 mins later it’s just out of focus enough to annoy me.

#8793 3 years ago

My guess is that it’s a 2-way mirror type front. The xmas light wall when front lit. Turns into an infinity hole with demogorgan when “active” and backlit.

I paid for mine last week it was 699$ USD

#8795 3 years ago
Quoted from Nazz26:

How is taking pre orders for STh toppers?

my distro.

#8836 3 years ago
Quoted from KYLEDM5:

My associate just got a pro and tried adding one of his Pinstadium sets that he already had.
The primary goal is for the UV effect in the Upside Down, but since it's hooked into the GI, it turns off when that mode starts.
Is there a way to get it to turn on during that mode or is the only real option to get the special Things Edition Pinstadium kit or Stern kit?
Thanks!

The UV flashers need to be connected to one of the UV GI bulbs. Just follow the instructions on their site. It applies to regular version pinstadiums. However, the "UV" on the regular pinstadiums don't light up the UV ink on the pf. I tried. You would need to get the special version or just buy the Stern kit.

#8837 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

There is a setting to turn on if you have UV kit, just not sure if that works with pin stadiums.

All that does is completely turn off the white GI

#8840 3 years ago

I don't think it matters what they put out as a topper. Every owner's thread is the same. Topper comes out, pinsiders get all up in arms about how disappointed they are and how it's way too expensive for what it is. Always.

Stern puts out standard shaped toppers with blinking lights for most of their games with a few exceptions (EHOH, BKSOR). They are all priced similarly too. It's not like it's a total surprise... And while most owners love their STh (I know I do), let's face it, it's not the most popular offering out there. There's a bunch sitting in distros warehouses. They aren't selling well. At least we have a topper for those who like them!

Stern could put a friggin demodog that comes out of the topper and jumps on the pf glass and folks would still complain.. "whaddya mean it doesn't REALLY attack players?"

Topper fans will buy, as usual. Ppl that wouldn't normally buy a topper won't, as usual.

Personally I like that they went with something we hadn't seen yet - the infinity lighting. It's appropriate for the theme. Seeing into another dimension.

#8902 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I don't want to get in a big thing about as you guys are clearly pissed. Personally I think at that price point you should not be able to see the actual strips. Of course you need to see the light. I am talking about the actual ugly strip with the spot that says cut here. I thought they could have put in a little effort, to tuck them away or use a diffuser. There is no reason for the ugly source of the light to be visible.

While I agree it's not cool to see the strip itself, making an EFFECTIVE infinity effect isn't easy. I know because of my late 70s jukebox that has it and trying to convert it to LEDs is difficult. Lights have to be very bright from 2 sides(front facing and back facing). If you diffuse it it doesn't work as well. Using RGB bulbs would have hidden the "wiring" but those just aren't as bright as the strip. It's a compromise.

Is it perfect? Hell no.

Is it good enough for me? Sure.. You just will never have your face 2 inches in front of the topper like that teaser pic.

#8949 3 years ago

Does anyone know when Pinmonk's fans will be back in stock?

I don't know but I received and installed mine last night. Ended up having a marathon game (about 45-50 mins and 2B+ points). It made a nice difference.

It takes much longer for the flippers to weaken. However after about 30-35 mins I couldn't make the TK lock shot again. Still making the virtual lock but not making it up to the backboard magnet, which is better than coming back down the ramp STDM.

I will experiment with more powerful fans and/or hobby motor heatsinks.

#8954 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Are you sure a fan didn't quit? There should be no performance difference over time.

I will check later today.

#8959 3 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

is it true that the red flasher does not always light up in certain chapters and nothing happens on the LCD screen when it pass the opto? It seems that in the beginning all balls registers and red flasher light up but at some point no longer in certain game chapters...

If you've already hit that ramp 3 times and started/cleared that mission, and that ramp is not lit for anything then no, nothing happens. Same with the right "orbit" shot into the bumpers.

Once you clear the first 4 chapters and all shots reset then yes it should do something - at least until you hit it 3 times again (light all the inserts) and start that chapter. (5-8). And then again for chapters 9-12.

#8960 3 years ago

I wish there was some way to request code refinements. Not bug reports but things that probably should be in the code but aren't(prem/LE):
- There should always be something projected on the drops and standups. Whatever that is.
- The left ramp banner should display time remaining for demodogs and demogorgan 5. It only displays for chapters right now.
- Slings have no sound associated? I don't care what it is. a beep, a boop, whatever. it just feels odd with no sfx
- Make use of the other projection banners. why are they there?

#9021 3 years ago

Just setting it up now! got the help of some new pinhead friends to get the game into the house...

Now just getting the code up to date, also, this game was born Feb 2020 so I am expecting lots of bugs on the PF/mechs... my expectations are quite low at the moment and ready to accept the game is unplayable out of the box, but we will see.

mine was fine out of the box. Jan 2020 build for me. I just had to focus the projector. Do it when running and warmend up at least 30mins.

#9025 3 years ago
Quoted from Mike7599:

Hey guys finally got around to updating my code. What’s the deal with the button turning red when fighting the demogorgon? I pressed it and it instantly gave me 5000 points and the ramp shut?

Quoted from pinballj:

That is the demogorgon bomb. You only get one for the game. Instantly kills the current demogorgon

And pressing the button when blue during multiball means you "steal" your TK locked balls and add them to whatever current MB you are in.

#9081 3 years ago

there is not much to see, it is the audits, for example it says 'GAMES PLAYED (0) LIFETIME (52). Which is incorrect as both numbers should be close to the same.
The same example applies for all other audits.
It is showing (0) zero, for everything: extra balls, drains, etc etc etc...

First NIB?

Games played and lifetime are NOT the same. All the partial test games that happened at Stern are the cause for the discrepancy. Also if you shut down or end a game early it will not count as game played but will count in lifetime.

I also believe you are confused about the new ramp thing. The "new" ramp folks are talking about is the plastic cover on the left ramp near the TK lock. It's different now. Don't worry about it if your TK lock is working ok. You can order the updated kit through player 1. It's free and they will ship it to your house. It includes TK lock adjustment instructions and 1 clear plastic. I had ordered mine before picking up my game but haven't installed it. The lock already works.

#9084 3 years ago

Not my first.
The audits are certainly not working.

Make sure your SD card is not write-protected.. Check the sliding tab to make sure it's not on "locked".

#9085 3 years ago

there is not much to see, it is the audits, for example it says 'GAMES PLAYED (0) LIFETIME (52). Which is incorrect as both numbers should be close to the same.

Quoted from MrMikeman:

First NIB?
Games played and lifetime are NOT the same. All the partial test games that happened at Stern are the cause for the discrepancy. Also if you shut down or end a game early it will not count as game played but will count in lifetime.

LOL. I just checked mine and there's only a difference of 2. (350 & 352). I had based my statement on my JP. It had a 50-60 game difference between lifetime and played (NIB). I guess it depends on the game!

#9105 3 years ago

Wow. Game of a lifetime. Well ok since I’ve had the game.

Got to Final Showdown but failed at stage 2. (Have completed it in challenge mode - just sucked tonight). I was too excited lol.
However Successfully played and beat both Light the Fire and Send it Back.

What a rush!

2.8B

#9112 3 years ago

I might move them to the middle then.

Mine are at the tightest position to make the game more palatable for my gf. Once SW arrives and she deals with how brutal THOSE outlanes are I may be able to re-adjust STh to the middle positions.

#9115 3 years ago

blaming the GF now huh? lol

Quoted from tp:

Sounds legit.

It IS!!!

Actually I'm lucky enough to have a GF that enjoys pinball as much as I do. She doesn't actually like STh much yet because it's brutal (for her) for some reason. I can't figure it out. I find it way too easy with the outlanes closed. Meh.

On a sadder note I just got an update from my distro. Good news: Topper within 2 weeks. Bad news: UV kit sometime in May.

#9145 3 years ago

All the issues with the TK ball lock was also something I factored in. It’s cool but adds nothing to the actual game play as does the projector.

Actually the TK lock adds a LOT to game play as you can use/swipe the locked balls on other MB. there's definitely some scoring strategy added there and it changes how you play (for the better).

Projector adds a lot for me. For example seeing my mode timers on the ramp billboard instead of up on the display is awesome. Also the visual cue for which drops still need to be hit is way more intuitive with the projector than without. There's also a definitive coolness factor to it but that's just eye candy.

I'm a pilot and have worked with man/machine interface designs and the intuitiveness that the projector adds is definitely more than subjective. In piloting terms it reduces mental workload and you can focus more on your primary task of ball control/shooting. However it's certainly not necessary and you can play without. It's just better with it.

#9150 3 years ago
Quoted from CheapTrick33:

Good Morning All:
I'm not quite in the club yet, but will be getting a Premium after I complete the sale of my SMVE. In fact I've already ordered the topper, because it's cool as shi* (Though the price... ) but history has taught me (unfortunately) by the time I get the machine the topper will be on back order for a year. All that being said I'll be looking to get the UV Kit in advance as well. (My distro said April, saw May in an earlier post.... so looks to be soon either way) Which one do you all recommend... the Stern one or the one from PinStadium. Also where can I purchase the UV Flipper Rubbers I've seen on some of the ST videos I've seen.
Thanks for the help in advance.

The Stern UV kit includes new UV reactive plastics so definitely go that route. Just order it now and you'll get it hopefully at the same time as you get your machine.

#9167 3 years ago

OK, my TK seems to be working very well, however if the shot isn't powerful enough the ball can sometimes roll back and come back down the ramp, translating into a 99.9% SDTM chance...
I will take a look at my TK again to make sure it is not pinching the ball, it technically just has to ride the diverter but should not touch the side of it, correct?

Correct.

BTW weak flippers will cause the problem, not the TK lock mech. The flipper cooling from PinMonk works well.

#9186 3 years ago

ok, last post for tonight (sorry for the multiple posts but I find it is easier for people to read and also respond to my questions this way... If this is not appropriate forum etiquette please let me know.
I had a few people say to me that adding a subwoofer is a must. Does that mean replacing the sub in the bottom cab for another or adding a second sub?
I think the audio on this game is phenomenal.
My next upgrade would be that and also the UV kit which I have already ordered... I am not a fan of modding the playfield or adding toys that are not OEM but I think I would like to add some colour to it. Who makes the best plastic protectors? I would like something that works well with the UV kit, wondering if anybody made these? so they glow with the UV light as well.

External sub is the best way. If you want to see (hear) what that does come on over!

#9191 3 years ago

so is the added subwoofer tricking the system into thinking that you have connected headphones? is that what it is?

Nothing to do with headphones. I use the 'universal' kit below. It connects directly to the cabinet speaker and less of a hassle than the other versions. If you want to connect more than 1 machine to the external sub (you will want to once you hear the diff), get the 4 in 1 mixer from pinnovators too.

https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/collections/all-other-systems-subwoofer-kits/products/pinsub-multi-system-kit

You can change the sub in the cab but it will never sound as good as external, and it will cause rattling.

1 week later
#9307 3 years ago

did you guys check the right orbit, (gotta see from the side of the pops) and also the guides leading to the pops. Looks like there is some major PF scratching there, especially on the right orbit...
Anybody adding washers to the guides? seems like a common issue with Sterns...

Show us pics of the scratching and posts.

#9334 3 years ago

I am interested in maybe bettering the audio of my premium but I am not interested in having an external sub nor adding boards or any electronic that might void my warranty, for example, any amplifier system etc.
What kind of improvement will I see if I just get better speakers? Any?

You really need to come over to see what the external sub brings to the experience. The bigger the cab speaker you put the more rattle you will get, and you will still be nowhere NEAR the awesomeness of an external sub. I use pinnovators universal connection kits, as well as the mixer boxes that let you connect 4 machines to 1 sub. Nothing that voids any warranty.

In my case I have 6 machines in 2 subs (3/3). the external sub adds so much atmosphere. Just be aware that once you come over and hear the difference you will want to do the same.

#9338 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Pinwoofer is what you're looking for. I have it on my GNRCE and it's a game changer for sure. I like it because you don't need the external woofer. I know people like home but I can't stand seeing them under my pinballs

I have pinwoofers for one of my Sterns prem. I'd say on a scale of 1 to 10 for sound quality (for a Stern):

Regular Stern speakers = 4
Regular + external sub = 7
Pinwoofers = 6.5
Pinwoofers + sub = 9

#9364 3 years ago

Still waiting for my topper. This sucks. I can’t imagine they put out a large amount of preorders for it. Still waiting for Elvira also and I have the topper but not the game lol.

I’m in the same boat lol. Have my stranger things but waiting for my topper. Have my SW topper but waiting for my game.

#9367 3 years ago
Quoted from Trevorlawson500:

Anyone had flippers and lights go dead mid game for just a second on latest code? Reseated all connectors and played another game and seems ok. First time doing it wasn’t sure if it was a code issue or something else? Just hooked up topper few days ago not sure if that would effect anything?

I’ve had them go dead after demo mode 5. So after the 60 sec timer they went dead as normal.. balls drained. Then a ball was served with the “keep playing” notice. Flippers flipped once and then dead. Game over too. It was a bummer. Only did that once out of the 7-8 times I played that mode.

#9382 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Just kidding, but I thought you could still get them for 650 or whatever.

you can

#9401 3 years ago

Take a look inside the cab, the parts you need might be there... could have fallen out during transpo.
Unless something major is missing, that part is held by a philips screw...
Might be worth a try

Also check the cabinet speaker. Loose parts that fall off in shipping often stick to the speaker magnet.

#9443 3 years ago
Quoted from killborn:

If you shoot it up the ramp and the ball doesn't lock and you think to yourself, that should have made it, then install the new ramp cover.
I have found on my machine that it improved the lock efficiency, especially on questionable ramp shots.

Good to know. I didn't install the new cover because everything seems to be adjusted properly but I'd say I'm about 50% on TK lock shots that SHOULD lock. Obviously backhands from the left flipper won't but that's known. Backhand is good to start TI1 and 2 though

I will get the new cover on this week to see if it helps.

#9478 3 years ago
Quoted from dinot:

I completely agree. This game got me back into the pinball hobby. I used to love WMS/Bally games from the 90's. I loved the shots and that the rules weren't overly complicated. I never really had a Stern that I loved. Once my kids came along, I did sell my WMS/Bally machines for Stern, but I did that mostly because the Sterns were newer and required less maintenance (2 young kids meant less time working on my machines). My 2 favorite games of all time were Medieval Madness and Theatre of Magic. (I owned both for a few years)
Stranger Things (to me at least) is a throwback to those 90's games. It really reminds me of MM. (shots, not the theme) Easy to follow rules as well. I love it.
So because this sucked me back in to the hobby, I also bought a Star Wars. I love the flow of that game as well. Rules are deeper than Stranger Things, but I still like it.
Now....I need advice on one more game (Want a Spike). I love flow and shots that aren't too difficult. Looks like it might be Munsters. Liked GoTG from the theme and shot layout, but it seems to be a more difficult game to get good flow going. Thoughts?

If you liked MM so much why not just get a remake. Low maintenance and the added coolness of the big color screen makes it pretty nice. I'm sure the kids would love to destroy that castle!

A remake of MB or AFM would certainly work for you as well.

#9539 3 years ago

Have you guys replaced the fans on the power unit on these? I am tempted to make it silent following Pink Monk's tutorial but I was wondering as everything seems to overheat on this game, if this is a good idea...
There must be something wrong with the code on this game, because I cannot understand why the fans come on so often...

Code has nothing to do with it. It’s a self-contained power supply. The fan comes on when it needs to. If have the quiet fan for mine I just haven’t done it yet. I’ve installed the quiet fan in my JP and the difference is staggering. Well worth it in a quiet basement!!

I will install mine soon. If I can stop playing the game haha.

#9543 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s during attract mode that people complain.

Yeah during play who cares. It's when it's just sitting there and you hear that fan whining.. My next loudest is WOZ but it has a computer PS so that fan is always on.

#9546 3 years ago

So that is my theory on how the code affects the power unit, which does not respond to the actual code, it would just come on when the inner temperature reaches a specific threshold. How quickly it gets there is dependant of the power being drawn, which, is dictated by the code.
Not a huge deal BUT if this is game that tends to minimize power efficiency, replacing the fan might not be a good idea?
Just a thought.

STh would have a higher power draw just with the projector. Not only are you running the projector but the MPU board is running 2 displays - probably more power consumption too from the CPU. The attract mode (number of lit inserts) also has an impact.

The quiet fan runs longer than the stock fan. If it was running continuously then I would be concerned. Pretty sure those power supplies aren't Stern designed. They are most likely just off-the-shelf, cheap, and meets their need.

In any case many folks(including myself) have changed fans without problems. In fact, I haven't seen 1 post about how a PS failed after switching fans. The PS most likely has thermal protection anyway for certification - meaning they will shut down instead of burning out.

You do what you are comfortable with!

#9548 3 years ago

I like the idea of keeping them quiet, I am not overly concerned about the power unit burning out... I was just nerding it out and thinking out loud as to why the flippers tend to overheat, perhaps all things are related... specially when compared to other games, even when set at max power...they never get as hot as Stth.
Just thinking out loud here.

Ball/game time also has an impact. On JP when I get a good game going (30-40 mins) the Trex shot becomes nearly impossible to make like STh. The flippers do weaken as well - which is why I bought 2 cooling kits - just haven't installed in JP yet.

LOTR was notorious for fading flippers - mostly due to super long game times (over an hour if you are having a good one).

This is made worse when you have a game that has a shot/shots that require full flipper strength.

#9552 3 years ago

Just thought I'd report back for those still working on the TK lock. I added another shim (washers wrapped in black tape) behind the ramp in the left corner under Eleven's head, and wow, that really refined it. In my case, I had a shim under the magnet behind the ramp which made the TK lock work really well, but adding the second shim under Eleven's head really tweaked it even more. It works so well now that many times it goes on the wall even when the lock light is not on, and then it gets ejected off the wall since it's not "eligible" for the ball lock. But, it's an indication that the machine is dialed in very well. This weekend I'll install Pinmonk's fans. Great instructions and packaging by the way - kudos to vireland!

Picture of both shims would be awesome.

#9562 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Anyone have any instructions on moving the projector if its just a tad bit off center?

It's in the service menu. You can adjust all together or every individual surface independently.

#9613 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Found it. Stinks the projector doesnt stay on while u adjust. Would be a big help.
Also. Right outlane post for difficulty. Do i really need to take the whole plastic return ramp off to adjust it? Mines in hardest position.

How can you adjust without the projector being on!?!?

Pull the white switch on the inside bottom left of coin door when it's open. This will return power to the coils and the projector. Takes about 30-45 seconds but it will come back on.

#9617 3 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Man I’ve had a hard time finding the ramps on this game over the past week (maybe playing too much LZ?) and those targets guarding those ramps don’t fuck around. Instant death. Those posts guarding the AFM ramps are much nicer to you.

JP is much worse. Be glad.. lol

#9618 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Im an idiot. Ha! How about right outlane post. I removed bottom 2 screws of return plastic ramp and it bends but not enough for me to get a nut wrench on that from top of playfield

Can't remember exactly when I adjusted mine. Pretty sure I just removed ALL the ramp attachment screws, pushed it aside and adjusted the post.

BTW don't adjust/focus the projector unless the playfield is down in playing position. If it's up on the rails it will be out of focus/adjustment when you put the pf back in playing position.

#9623 3 years ago

I have done mine on the rail with absolutely 0 problems.
The focal plane should not change

I'm anal when it comes to focus. Crisp on the rails gives close but not as good when in cab. Opposite is the same. It's crisp down but when I sit it on rails it's slightly out of focus. That's from the slight pf bend. Close isn't good enough for me. lol.

#9711 2 years ago

Well I need to report awesome customer service from Pablo. My DG shots always go high so I asked Pablo and he asked for side pics of the ramp. He says it's wrong and is sending a replacement. Woot!

Our success rate on the Demogorgan shot is around 2-3%

#9713 2 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

do yourself a favor and just do the spacer fix. The replacement ramp didn't fix anything for me. Takes maybe 30 minutes to do and is well documented in this thread.

If I remove the spacers it will lower the demo. Make things much worse. I'm already always hitting high.

My ramp has a bit of a bump at entrance. I have a feeling the ball gets airborne, hits the back of the ramp, and then bounces off way too high.

Before I got the flipper fans we'd have a 5-10 min period that the shot was doable (after about 20-25 mins of play) because of flipper fade. Now that they don't fade it's always too hard/high. But lowering flipper strength isn't an option because of the TK lock. While I have been able to make it pretty good it's still touchy.

#9724 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

yeah me dumb, should have bought when it came out, from now on Im never letting another pinball machine slip through my hands.. order one of everything I say

Better order that Fathom remake then lol. QUICK!

#9762 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

I assumed the new ramp cover was just a different white material for the left ramp? One that would generate more speed?

Same material. Different shape and no riveted deflector to avoid interfering with the ball.

#9770 2 years ago
Quoted from dinot:

My kids are going to flip. No Demogorgon bomb for a month. I have a complete set of spare parts so that my pin isn't out of commission. (But my spare lockbar is button-less)
Taking parts to get powdercoated. Actually, taking my Star Wars parts first and using the lockbar from Stranger Things on Star Wars. You can play Stranger Things without the button, but not Star Wars.
My kids and I decided on Plum Crazy (Prismatic Powders). In addition to the common items, I was going to do shooter housing, coin door and speaker panel, but my kids decided against the speaker panel (Yay, because I don't have a spare and it would have been another $160 to buy a spare)
This pin has brought my kids (13 and 10 year old girls) into pinball. Mind you they've had access to machines all of their lives but they never got into it. (Not even when I had CV, MM, ToM, Scared Stiff, MB) This game did (because of the theme).

Demo bomb is the least used feature on mine. Use the button all the time for ball swipe (prem/LE) and wouldn't be able to live without it TBH...

Should look nice!

#9815 2 years ago
Quoted from dinot:

If Williams could deliver games that didn't require adjustments in the 90s and Stern could do it in the early 2000s, why can they no longer do that? (Probably a rhetorical question). I guess if people keep buying their games, they can cut costs on QC. Fix the ones where people complain and forget about the others that don't.

How exactly do you know this for a fact? Were you buying NIB Wms games in the 90's?

Operators didn't care. Open box, put game on location. Collect money. They weren't going over their games with a magnifying glass and worrying about where the ball ends up when it comes down the right orbit. If it works good enough it'll make money.

Times have changed, more home buyers now, but the manufacturing is still geared towards industrial/commercial operation and not towards the OCD collector.

Seems like most people expect their pinball machines to behave like a video game. 100% repeatability and no variability whatsoever. Those people should just get digital pinballs. Those always play the same.

Now I'm not excusing the obvious big ticket blunders and incorrect installations. I think as the competition gets more serious maybe we'll see some better QC that's geared towards the collector as opposed to the operator. Stern is still the lowest priced manufacturer right now and I guess we know why they cut corners.

I know a lot of folks use the "If I spend 10,000$ on a pinball it better be perfect" reasoning. Cost has no bearing on this. As it stands, a pinball machine is a commercial piece of equipment that was never intended as a consumer product - otherwise they would have removed the coin doors/income tracking software a long time ago. If the craze/resurgence continues we may see this change.

Nobody wants "home" versions. Everybody wants the real commercial deal but then complain it's not perfect. Can't have it both ways.

#9946 2 years ago
Quoted from Zartan:

There are a few in Toronto, Canada. I almost bought one until my wife found out it was $15000CAD!!! It was shut down quickly!!!

No way a Prem is 15k with tax. I just got a NIB LE from Player 1 in early March and it was 13,6k with tax. Now with the topper and UV kit yes it’ll be 15k. But for a LE.

#9948 2 years ago
Quoted from Zartan:

Call for yourself. The total with taxes came to a few hundred under $15000.

I guess P1 is now adjusting to COVID gouging pricing? I’ve bought 4 NIB from them and always paid msrp and not a penny more.

Check with Nitro. It’ll cost you shipping though.

#9954 2 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Hate to argue, but you are perhaps misinformed?
I just paid for mine yesterday from Jerry and the total (including delivery $230) came to $11550.86
(Still a ton of money, but less than $15k)
Now, I already have the shaker, UV kit and the Dice shooter....so that may add up closer to your total (and the topper is 1k plus tax).
I also ordered ULEKs signs, flipper bat toppers, Tilt side blades, the vehicles, glow rubbers, speaker lights...addictive!

Wow jealous about the UV kit. Been waiting forever.

#10055 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Been awhile since I had a really good game on Stranger Things. Last night I managed to finish Send it Back! I'm pretty sure that was the first time I have finished it, and might have been the first time there since the latest update (I don't remember the sweet map bonus last time I was there), so I was finally able to put in SiB initials. Went on to finish the last mode before Light the Fire, but tilted my last ball trying to save a SDTM drain before I could start it. Bummer. It's been awhile since I got to either of them, much less both. I was still quite a ways from Final Showdown as I only had 3 demogorgan modes done and 1 demodog, but man it felt good to get deep into the game again.
Such an awesome game. Really pulls you in and gets the blood pumping. Love it! I really do not understand when people say this is a shallow or simple game. He doesn't get enough credit, but Lonnie absolutely knocked the code out of the park on this one. 25(?) unique and substantial modes, every one feels different, and the way it all builds logically to bigger and bigger events is awesome. Sure it doesn't have the super deep or complex strategy like some, but there sure isn't a shortage of different fun things to do.

Only got there once so far - the mini wizard modes of SiB and LtF. For some reason that one time I managed to finish both. I was in a groove. However I imploded on stage 2 on Final Showdown. Sucks cause I play the challenge mode once in a while and usually finish it or do really well.

#10079 2 years ago
Quoted from fishinorgolfin:

New to pinside (just acquired Stranger Things Premium a few weeks ago). At 45 years old, this is my first pinball machine since I was young (had a '67 Bally "The Wiggler" in our home when I was a teen). Needless to say, this game is awesome.
I would love to get some feedback from some of you more experienced players in regards to what in-game options you've changed from the default setup. I'd like to feel like I have it set up in a way that I can measure my scores against what I see posted. Not sure if certain adjustments would be considered standard vs cheating in some way (adding time, balls, etc.). If this has already been discussed in depth, please just direct me to the right page/post. Thanks!!

All my games are setup with specials and replays award extra ball, no extra ball limit, and 4 levels of replay (auto adjusting).

#10081 2 years ago
Quoted from fishinorgolfin:

Thanks guys, great to get a feel for what others are doing with those settings. I figured that most would likely be kept somewhere close to stock with a little variation one way or the other. Really appreciate all the valuable input on this thread!

Oh and I moved the outlane posts to the tightest setting instead of wide open. Normally I'd go for middle setting but wanted my gf to get a chance to learn the game.

#10131 2 years ago

Guess what.. The updated Stern production schedule (from last week) has STh back on it. No date associated yet though. So Stern has decided demand was high enough to do at least 1 other run, whenever that is.

#10142 2 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

In a tournament I wouldn’t be able to come close to this score. When I play at home I usually chase extra balls down and that’s a important part of the journey to a great score IMHO. I have my first EB from the BIB loops set to 15, my saucer shoots the ball into the drops not around BIB loop.

My BIB EB is on auto and is up around 28 or 30 now. I'm already getting some super long games so don't want to lower that number but on the other hand my GF hates this game because she gets such short ball times and no possibility of an EB. She very rarely makes it 3 missions to light the EB.

Wish manufacturers could find a way to implement personalized settings for the home environment. So when I start a game under "Mike", the settings are harder. When my GF starts a game under her name, the settings are more appropriate for her. Like cars with memory positions for the driver's seat & mirrors. Auto adjusting.

#10147 2 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Seems like the % of how often “Bulls**t” mode comes up needs to be bumped up from mystery award, or at least a setting to adjust the %. I played for a few hrs and lots of mystery awards and not one BS mode . If stern has a update coming for STh I hope they can add this minor fix/adjustment in it and possibly give us pro owners the ball swipe feature. If the pin gods are listening...maybe...just maybe have stern squeeze in a video mode

I've gotten it a few times. Seems to be only on long games. I haven't paid attention that much but I'd guess I got it after TI1.

#10286 2 years ago
Quoted from goyom:

ordered the topper in Canada as they had some in stock. shipping fees are not cheap, but no one around had them in stock or willing to add me to waiting list...

Nitro is pretty good with its sales. They run the business a little like LSOG down in FL. They actually get stuff/games/accessories in stock and don't just order what's been pre-sold. The other Canadian distro doesn't stock any accessories ever.

#10291 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I’m happy for people that will get and enjoy their toppers, but I just don’t get it. It looks like something I’d see at Spencer’s Gifts for $150, and even then I’d be a nope. I’m clearly in the minority, and I’m sure these toppers will be reselling for $2k somewhere down the line. I guess the mode integration is everything.

Quoted from Palmer:

I too am in the minority. I thought I would be more impressed when I saw it in person. Nope. It was what I thought it would be. And yea all the topper flippers will be selling them for 1200 in a couple of months. They just need to patiently wait until the run is finished and they can gouge their fellow collector.

Toppers aren't for everybody that's for sure. Nothing wrong with that. I'm a topper guy - all my games have them. Not a fan of unofficial topeers that are nothing more than a sheet of lexan and some lights. For me integration is everything. Do I think they are too expensive? Hell yes, especially when they enable additional code.

On the other hand nobody is holding a gun to my head to make me buy them. It's a personal choice.

#10316 2 years ago
Quoted from Bazzy34:

Topper—
Would it work the same on a Pro vs. Premium?
For those that have it, how would you rate the integration and value/enjoyment you get for the cost?
Does it connect easily, physically (or does it just rest on top of backbox) and electronically?
I haven’t seen one in person.
For owners, are you happy with purchase?
Thinking of ordering one.
Thanks.

Topper works the same on Pro or Prem.

2 connections. Power and data(network cable). It integrates nicely with the game. It screws into the top of the backbox. You remove 4 screws already there and reinstall them through the topper.

I'm a topper guy so yes I am happy with my purchase.

As far as value/enjoyment is concerned that's very subjective and really up to the owner. Can you live without it? Of course. It is integrated but brings nothing additional like the JP and SW toppers. TBH you never get a chance to look at it while playing.

1 week later
#10581 2 years ago

Damn it. Made it to final showdown again(3rd time) and failed again. 4.4b score though.

#10662 2 years ago
Quoted from VanSkalen:

Just joined the club!
My first pinball machine... my wife enjoyed her first few plays so maybe it’ll start something
[quoted image]

Congrats.. But seems that in this case you should have said "OUR first pinball machine"

Makes it easier to get more. I know...

#10668 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Eddy confirmed the final showdown bug. Appears there are multiple. Said if they get time for another update they will fix it.

"if the get time"???

WTF.

Final mode not working right is pretty big IMHO.

"Sorry your car can't shift into overdrive, it's a software bug. If we have the time we'll fix it".

1 week later
#10784 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Tks bud! It'll be a while until I see one for sale in my area, but I'll join the club eventually!

Maybe not that long:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/216#post-6313387

#10796 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Lol, thanks Mike - I just need Juan to break 1B then, give him some pointers!

Easy! Set 4 levels of replay and have them award EBs instead of credtis

#10797 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Stern. Or look at yours in your game and I’m sure you can find it online.

They are easy to find. Common on aliexpress/banggood/etc.

#10803 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

To be honest, yeah, it would be cheating a bit!

Meh. It’s your game you do what you want. If you want to make it a 6 ball game it’s also your choice. Not everybody is a competitive pinball player. Make it so YOU get the most enjoyment from YOUR game!

#10862 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I haven’t seen Replicades mentioned here yet. These 1/6 scale (12” tall) replicas sell for $130 on release, then go for $400-600 on eBay a few months after they sell out. Anyway, I thought 2-3 of these would make a cool topper for STH. I snagged an Asteroids today, and pre-ordered the change machine at sideshow.com.
https://newwavetoys.com/products/1943-x-replicade-overhaul-edition
https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/replitronics-usb-charge-machine-new-wave-toys-905900

If I didn't have the official topper I'd totally do this. I have some of those. I have DL and Asteroids, and 1942 & 1943 are on order.

#10864 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

How were you able to order 1942 and 1943? I subscribed last week, but they haven’t sent me info on ordering. BTW I’m super envious of this guy’s collection:

There was a pre-order window for previous customers in early March. Bought both cabs and also a spare for my kids or re-sale if they don't want it.

I also bought the SFII one but gave it to one of my kids last XMas.

I also have a spare NIB Asteroids that I was thinking of throwing on eBay in late fall.

#10884 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

You sure he didn't say Premium? (Wishful thinking..)

Just buy my LE when I decide to sell it!

2 weeks later
#11227 2 years ago

Funny. I like the way it's designed. I find it's the safest way to hit the drop targets without risking STDM. Mine usually drops the 2 farthest right targets. Never STDM that way.

1 week later
#11357 2 years ago

I’m an ok player. I have both JPLE and SThLE side by side and I find they are very different. For me, STh is an easier shooter and simpler game. I usually always get to TI1. I get to TI2 about 30% of the time. I’ve gotten to Final Showdown twice since owning it(about 6 months now).

I’ve never gotten to Escape Nublar in JP since owning it(about 22 months) although I’ve gotten to VC about half a dozen times. The flow is very different on JP. You can do a 7-way combo on JP without ever hitting the same shot twice. There are only 4 combo shots that come back to the flippers on STh.

On STh you have demos, Demodogs, and missions. 4 mini wizard modes(if you count the TI MBs) and 1 wizard mode.

On JP you have Trex modes, paddocks(rescues & captures), control room modes, chaos mb, and raptor mb. 3 mini wizard modes, 1 wizard mode, 1 ultra wizard mode(when dinos ruled the earth).

I like both but I think JP is more of a keeper. STh may have to make room for Mando.

#11393 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I’ve bookmarked the callouts and music in Pinball Browser - this took several days. Now that everything is labeled, there’s no need to ask for special images - just grab the Stern code or Cleland’s code, sync the bookmarks and go crazy with changes. In software terms, any mix is a “fork” of the Stern code base. There’s nothing wrong with forking a fork, or combining 2 forks.

Thanks for the tip! Wouldn't want to "fork" things up

1 week later
#11439 2 years ago
Quoted from RabanzZ28:

I’ve been a big fan of the show for years and think this should be the next pin to my collection. Looking for a premium and my distributor doesn’t know if and when they will do another run. Does anyone have any insight to Sterns manufacturing and know if I have a chance of getting NIB? Even if it is 6-12 months away. I just got my JP so I don’t mind waiting. Thanks for any info!!

Latest intel from a few distributors was that Stern will do another run of Pros later this year but that's it. No Premiums.

#11475 2 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

Yep - I have had this several times and am pretty sure had nothing running . Def no mode, and certain no 2x either.

You can also get add time when mystery and demodog is lit. It starts demodog and adds time for it.

2 weeks later
#11611 2 years ago

Just left the club today. Had a chance to get my hands on LOTR. STh was at the bottom of the list. I will miss it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrmikeman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party?tu=mrmikeman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.