IMG_3761 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3762 (resized).png
20240410_201325.jpg
abba tk lock (resized).jpg
IMG_3111 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3109 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3108 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #235 ALERT: Be sure to check PRO Ball Lock Post, it can come loose. Posted by chuckwurt (4 years ago)

Post #712 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Replacement rubber info Posted by fooflighter (4 years ago)

Post #1272 TECH: TOYS. Demogorgon adjustment to make less shot rejects Posted by rs812 (4 years ago)

Post #1273 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Projector focus adjustment instructions Posted by rs812 (4 years ago)

Post #1717 TECH: PLAYFIELD. TK lock and deflector adjustment instructions Posted by chuckwurt (4 years ago)

Post #3533 TECH: BOOTING. Fix for Spike machines that frequently have problems booting Posted by C0untDeM0net (3 years ago)

Post #5955 MOD: Stranger Things action button surround and shooter plate Posted by pinballslave (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mike7599.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5987 3 years ago

Hey everyone. New to pinball and stranger things is my first pin. Ive been ironing out a lot of issues with help from chuck wurt he’s the man! Wanted to run this last issue past you guys for advice. Since day one I’m having insane air balls when shooting at the Demogorgon. Like it’s hitting the glass constantly and flying to all sides of the table. I’ve had the ball fly off the table when the glass is off! Sometimes the ball even lands on his head and stays there. I recorded a slow mo video for you guys to check out and maybe give me some suggestions on adjusting the demo. To me it looks like the ball actually uses the “pedals” as a launch ramp. Any advice on how to adjust this would be awesome. The pitch of the table is spot on 6.5. Thanks in advance! Here’s a link to the video:

#5990 3 years ago

Thanks for the help guys. I haven’t waxed anything, this is how it came from the factory. Do you guys think increasing the pitch might make it harder for me to hit the tk lock? I’m hesitant to mess with the pitch now that I have that lock dialed in pretty well. I am not consistent at all with the shot. I hit it occasionally but it seems more like a fluke rather than skill. Is there a detailed guide for adjusting this thing? Chuck I think you are right about it hitting low.

#5999 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

With skill it should be makable all the time.
Search c0untdem0net ’s posts. I believe his were hitting low too and he fixed his.

Thanks chuck I’ll check it out his posts to see if I can get a better idea what to do. All I saw was the highlighted post about adding washers to raise it up. I assume maybe I would just add washers to the rear screws to sort of tilt the head foward? I have to do more research.

#6003 3 years ago

Thanks for the replies. I’m going to try this out tonight! Were you guys also getting the crazy air balls when it was shooting low?

#6009 3 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

yes and my playfield has plenty of craters to show for it.

Quick question if you remember. I’m trying to remove the Demogorgon. I believe it’s just 2) 11/32” nuts on the underside of the Playfield and a 1/4” zip screw on the top side? Looks like I need to remove the left ramp to get to that 1/4” screw. Sound right?

#6011 3 years ago

Awesome thanks!

#6021 3 years ago
Quoted from killborn:

I can confirm that removing the spacers works great. Also removed the rubber post on the one way gate.

Wow is all I can say. I removed the spacers and replaced them with a single washer on each screw. Also removed the rubber post on top of the one way gate. What a huge difference! First shot nailed the demo right in the mouth. I’m hitting it pretty consistent now. Also while I still am getting the occasional air balls (much less than before) almost none of them are hitting the glass. Before I’d say about 75% would slam the glass. It was crazy. When I had it all taken apart I debated bending the actual metal frame as mentioned in the linked post but decided against it for now. I have a feeling if the demo was more level instead of slightly pitched back it would eliminate all the air balls. But I’m happy with how it is now, so I’m going to see what happens. Thanks everyone for the help!

4 weeks later
#6397 3 years ago

Hey guys, is there a setting to turn down the overall brightness of all the leds? During start up of my premium the projector kicks on first without any lights and looks so great! Then the lights kick on and it really washes out the picture on the projector. Was wondering if I could dial it all down a little? I went into rgb test mode and lowered the settings but it doesn’t save it. Thanks!

#6399 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, it's near the end of the standard adjustments, I think. There's settings for flasher and LED brightness. I usually turn them down to about 70%.

Thanks so much! And I’m loving your fans btw! Keeping the coils nice and cool!

#6405 3 years ago

So I updated my premium to Clelands newest release and it’s been awesome. One thing of note that surprised me. I made sure to save my settings to a usb stick before updating the SD card but for some reason the projector settings didn’t make the transfer. On the old code I had tweaked some of the settings just to get the images to project more centered on the targets. Not a big deal, I did it again with the new update but I just found this weird. Anyone notice this or did I do something wrong? All the regular settings and high scores transferred perfectly.

#6409 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Maybe you saved the settings before you adjusted it and forgot? I haven’t adjusted my projector in many revisions.

Thanks chuck but I had dialed in the projector settings way before I backed up to usb. Oh well, just a warning to everyone that you may lose those settings when updating the code.

#6410 3 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Who made this translight anyone know the creator
Thanks

Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Who made this translight anyone know the creator
Thanks

Wow that is pretty awesome.

3 months later
#8867 3 years ago

Topper looks kind of cool. I’m on the fence. Anyone know the height of it? Not sure if I have the headroom.

#9022 3 years ago

Hey guys finally got around to updating my code. What’s the deal with the button turning red when fighting the demogorgon? I pressed it and it instantly gave me 5000 points and the ramp shut?

#9024 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballj:

That is the demogorgon bomb. You only get one for the game. Instantly kills the current demogorgon

Ah ok makes sense. Cool idea! Thanks

#9026 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

And pressing the button when blue during multiball means you "steal" your TK locked balls and add them to whatever current MB you are in.

Oh cool I hadn’t even noticed. I have to try that out, thanks! Anyone get their topper yet? I ended up ordering from coin taker. Not sure when they are shipping but hopefully soon.

#9028 3 years ago

I’m no expert but I’m sure you need full strength or you’ll never make it up the TK ramp

1 year later
#16401 1 year ago

I like the m4 as a possible worst case scenario back up, but I guess my question is will the image size line up correctly with the projection screens in the game? I see with most of these mini projectors the only way to increase or decrease screen size is by physically moving the unit closer or farther from the projection screen. Obviously we wouldn’t be able to do that with it mounted in the machine under the apron. Thoughts?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Machine - For Sale
Covington, LA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

8,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Trade
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mike7599.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party?tu=mike7599 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.