IMG_3761 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3762 (resized).png
20240410_201325.jpg
abba tk lock (resized).jpg
IMG_3111 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3109 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3108 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #235 ALERT: Be sure to check PRO Ball Lock Post, it can come loose. Posted by chuckwurt (4 years ago)

Post #712 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Replacement rubber info Posted by fooflighter (4 years ago)

Post #1272 TECH: TOYS. Demogorgon adjustment to make less shot rejects Posted by rs812 (4 years ago)

Post #1273 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Projector focus adjustment instructions Posted by rs812 (4 years ago)

Post #1717 TECH: PLAYFIELD. TK lock and deflector adjustment instructions Posted by chuckwurt (4 years ago)

Post #3533 TECH: BOOTING. Fix for Spike machines that frequently have problems booting Posted by C0untDeM0net (3 years ago)

Post #5955 MOD: Stranger Things action button surround and shooter plate Posted by pinballslave (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ldp84.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14678 1 year ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

Finally had some time to work on the game and install the under apron LEDs. Came out pretty nice. Hardest part was picking the light socket to tie into.[quoted image]

Can you explain how you have done it and which parts you need? As this is still on my list. Found it would require two led boards, which i was able to locate. But i read something about spacers and I have no clue whether this would include soldering or just a standard set of wires. Thanks in advanced.

2 weeks later
#14806 1 year ago
Quoted from Medic:

Hi. I bought purple plastic protectors but the screw is too short to accommodate both plastics. Do you know what size/type screw I need to be able to hold both pieces of plastic? Thanks
[quoted image]

Zinc-Plated Steel Pan Head Phillips Screw
6-32 Thread, 2" Long

3 weeks later
#15111 1 year ago

Happy to officially be a member of the club, got a Pro from the December 2021 batch. Already have the game for some months, but first soaked up all the knowledge you guys shared here. Much appreciated and thanks to all that contributed to this club!

Things I took care off:
- installed a playfield protector, new to the hobby and got a bit anxious about all the dimpling horror stories.
- installed shooter lane protector
- installed airball protector on left ramp
- changed all rubbers for Titans, currently choose for translucent
- installed CLiP plastic protectors
- could not resist and installed the bat with nails above the shooter lane
- added shaker motor
- installed premium UV kit, super happy to have found one as they were hard to find
- D20 shooter rod

Adjustments:
- put mylar and felt under the left ramp where it touches the ball guide from mystery. Unfortunately the decall was already damaged out of the box
- changed through eject power (#83) to 176. Together with the protector best thing to do to preserve the shooter lane. I wish I knew this with my first game
- changed the flipper power (#86 & #87) as the air balls from the demogorgon that hit the glass were too much to count
- changed high score reset count to “off” (#39)

Questions after playing a bunch of games:
- I notice and also read that sometimes the game has trouble to keep up with all the events. Noticed for example that once you are in a mode and for example demodog running and you shoot the demogorgon. It sometimes does not register that you made the pass and detects it as a mystery shot and does not lower the ramp. Is this normall?
- I was off the opinion that the demogorgon on the later batches was fixed. Still the shot seems hard and if I make them the game often detects it as a bash hit first and does no longer count it as a hit in the mouth. Any tips or pointers on how to fix this?
- Saw that some advised to lower the backbox lighting. Anybody has some suggested settings I can work with?
- Still need to apply the art blades, but somehow I find it a bit tricky. Any tips and tricks so that I can finish this and focus on the primary reason I got this game?

A345D5AB-43BD-4241-A61D-67140897F622 (resized).jpegA345D5AB-43BD-4241-A61D-67140897F622 (resized).jpeg
#15115 1 year ago
Quoted from Medic:

Where do you recommend get clip plastic protectors from

Since I am from Europe ordered them from pu-parts.de and if you from the US you can get them from mezelmods.com.

But there are more places that offer plastic protectors. What I liked from these is that they added all hardware required. However, the CLiP are the same size as the plastics and the ones I have on my TMNT are 3mm larger. Hard to say if it matters in the long run.

It will definitely not help with the airballs I fire from the ramp on top of the pop bumpers from the left flipper

#15116 1 year ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

- if the drops are a bit low it can cause the ball to bounce and sometimes jump the opto. Look at adjusting the drops to see if they are high or low at all. I'd also recommend putting some felt or something soft along the top of the metal guide that is under the demogorgon to help slow the ball down if it is jumping the opto.
- Stern has a very low success rate of the demogorgon out of the box. There is a ton of information here on adjusting it. Long story short you need to remove the spacer under the chin of the demogorgon and adjust the height of it using the 2 spacers under. Since you mention many glass hits that would indicate the demogorgon is too high and you need to reduce the height of it.
- I use 25% when in game and 45% in attract mode for the backbox on all my machines

Thanks for the info. Will definitely take a look at this. Still need to do some checks to make sure the left orbit feeds the left flipper.

3 weeks later
#15327 1 year ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Hi gang. I apologize if this has been covered before, but I'm installing a set of "CLIP" plastic protectors on my ST Pro, and I have these two rectangular shaped protectors that I can't identify a location for.
Does anyone know where they go? Maybe they're Premium/LE specific?
Thanks in advance for any info..
[quoted image]

From the site I bought the set they state:
“ The set includes 2 plastics that can only be used on Premium/LE models.”

These two are indeed the ones they refer to. They are for the back panel on the prem/le as seen in the video Zach posted.

23798DC0-372D-4B26-A57B-03B09C662A93 (resized).jpeg23798DC0-372D-4B26-A57B-03B09C662A93 (resized).jpeg
1 year later
#17801 8 months ago

I would consider it added valu. In combination with the chance of selling it is 1%. I would go for what you prefer yourself and take that route.

And in case you might not like it afterwards, happy to trade with my Pro translite

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Covington, GA
$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

6,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Louisville, KY
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Trade
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ldp84.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party?tu=ldp84 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.