IMG_3330 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8622 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg
IMG_3764 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #235 ALERT: Be sure to check PRO Ball Lock Post, it can come loose. Posted by chuckwurt (4 years ago)

Post #712 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Replacement rubber info Posted by fooflighter (4 years ago)

Post #1272 TECH: TOYS. Demogorgon adjustment to make less shot rejects Posted by rs812 (4 years ago)

Post #1273 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Projector focus adjustment instructions Posted by rs812 (4 years ago)

Post #1717 TECH: PLAYFIELD. TK lock and deflector adjustment instructions Posted by chuckwurt (4 years ago)

Post #3533 TECH: BOOTING. Fix for Spike machines that frequently have problems booting Posted by C0untDeM0net (3 years ago)

Post #5955 MOD: Stranger Things action button surround and shooter plate Posted by pinballslave (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider killborn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5479 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballnewb01:

Hi Guys,
I have the option to buy a Stranger Things LE for a good price.
When it came out I was very disappointed while seeing the streams and I played the Pro and also wasn't overwhelmed...
What is the overall feeling at this moment?

I'm not an owner yet, but I will be next weekend! I had the chance to play an LE and was blown away. I couldn't walk away from it. I was completely sucked into the gameplay. The projection, the UV kit, the sound design and shaker integration. I'm not necessarily a huge fan of Stranger Things, but I liked the show. However I am a fan of the more simple layouts especially if they play fast and are fun to shoot, and I think this game checks those boxes.

If you haven't seen it, chuckwurt streamed a player view of the game, which I think is a better and more interesting representation of the gameplay rather than the directly above the game view. But I think standing in front of one and playing it is what sold me.

http://www.twitch.tv/sdtmpinball/v/739962145?sr=a&t=6s

1 week later
#5565 3 years ago

Just got my LE this weekend and almost have it all set up! Is there a rule sheet somewhere? I can't seem to find one, or is there no official rule sheet because code isn't finished?

#5567 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Always search tilt forums for rulesheets. The community does a good job of keeping them up to date and they are wikified so anyone can update them.
http://tiltforums.com/t/stranger-things-rulesheet-wip/6093/63

Great, thank you!

#5576 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:Yep.

Watch this video.

@chuckwurt, what menu setting are you in when running those tests in the video?

#5610 3 years ago

I was playing an LE a few weekends ago and I swear that when I hit the demogorgon the shaker would shake. When I hit the demo on my machine, I don't feel anything. Was I imagining things? The shaker seems to work in other parts of the game, I'm running the latest code. Any thoughts?

#5612 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Well the actual demogorgon shakes on the Prem/LE but not on the Pro, so maybe that's what you're thinking of?

Maybe so. My wife seems to remember the shaker activating when he got hit, as well as the demo shaking himself. Could have been wishful thinking as well Just wanted to make sure.

#5686 3 years ago

Here's my prediction: complete code + topper= season 4 premier. What's another 4 month wait?

#5694 3 years ago

I figured since Netflix and Stern have their fingers on the pulse of this pinside thread, we could encourage them to release before July 2021 or Winter 2021 and maybe we might get that code and topper a little earlier. I've read the new season takes place during the winter, so February might just work. Valentine's day?

1 week later
#5834 3 years ago

Bummer on the .99 code. My machine definitely has all of the side effects mentioned here.

Got my Tibetan Breezes installed yesterday and they made a huge difference. Played for a few hours tonight despite the code issues and was crushing the tk lock. Definitely a must buy for this machine.

After the tk locks performance tonight, I thought I should mention a couple of adjustments that stood out to me. First I should say that I have messed with the lock mech since I've had the machine and no matter how precise I had the mech arm from the back of the cabinet, the mech never seemed like it worked right. I even tried pulling the ramp out as far as I could and that seemed to make it a little worse. One thing I never adjusted until yesterday was the height of the rod. The height on the rod was a solid 2 1/8", way higher than Stern and chuckwurt suggest. So I bent the rod to about 1/16 under 2" and made sure it stayed there. The other adjustment I made is little harder to explain. The general idea was to pull out just the left side of the ramp and stick a 3/4" rubber ring behind it as a spacer. The thought behind this was to bring the back wall of the left side of the ramp closer to the lower part of the mech arm so that the mech arm was more underneath the ball instead of on the side of the ball reducing potential pinching and so that pulling out the ramp didn't create as much of a lip for the ball to travel over as it travelled up the arm. I added the tibetan breezes, lowered the arm and pulled out the left side of the ramp throwing scientific caution to the wind, so I can't be sure if it's just one adjustment or another that makes my tk lock work effortlessly, but it does. I also noticed that it just sounds better now (smoother?), there's not a lot of extra noise. Hope this helps somebody, hope my breezes help get me to the Final Showdown, and I hope the code is fixed by Friday afternoon.

#5840 3 years ago

It appears the .99 code is back on Stern's website.

#5842 3 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

But no notification if anything was fixed

Yep, nevermind, clicked on the link and said code not found.

#5883 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I wish the LE legs had more of a metallic effect like the avengers and Deadpool.
Also. Anyone seen final showdown yet? Of course when it is finally in there I don’t come close to reaching it. Haha

I'm hoping to see it on Deadflips stream today.

#5893 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Wow you’re going to spoil it? I want to see it for myself.

Haha! I'll forget what happens in Final Showdown before I'm good enough to get there.

#5897 3 years ago
Quoted from Powerhouse47:

Why is it, that I can’t replicate all the good shots when the new code drops. I was KILLING it before final showdown, getting close to it last week. But since .99.1, I’m like barely getting to Total ISO 1. Hahaha. I’m nervous I guess

I totally understand the nervousness. This game makes me sweat when I play. I saw someone on Twitch say, "This game really keeps you on your toes." Ha! That's a bit of an understatement imo. It takes some serious work to get to total iso2, let alone Final Showdown. Deadflip has a stream where he got to FS on the .98 code and it took 3 death saves and at least a couple of extra balls. It was 40 minutes of the most action I've seen in a game, and inevitably led to this biggest sphincter buster ever because FS wasn't coded yet. Haha

#6002 3 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

I talked to Brian about the fix and he said on some machines removing the black spacers completely can work.

I can confirm that removing the spacers works great. Also removed the rubber post on the one way gate.

#6004 3 years ago
Quoted from Mike7599:

Thanks for the replies. I’m going to try this out tonight! Were you guys also getting the crazy air balls when it was shooting low?

Yeah, I remember there being air balls very similar to yours in the video, but mostly it was just brick after brick hitting that lower lip.

4 weeks later
#6411 3 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Who made this translight anyone know the creator
Thanks

I think his name is Kurt Savage.

#6502 3 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

you have to plunge the drop skill shot and then ball has to deflect directly into the scoop for the award.

Yep, I think you still have to hit the lit drop and then deflect over to the saucer. I did it once and my daughter did it once tonight, and it started the 6 million skill shot video then when it landed in the saucer it changed to a cool 30 million.

#6519 3 years ago

Anyone else found the cow on the playfield yet?

#6620 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Awesome, thanks for the recommendation! I'm tempted to go back and do a 2 hour Stranger Things session to see how hot the coils can really get.

Have you temped other coils besides the flippers? Like the saucer or the TK arm? The saucer seems to fade, going from zipping the ball around the burn it back to barely making it register. Also I'm wondering if the TK arm gets weak after long sessions.

4 weeks later
#7040 3 years ago
Quoted from palacekeeper:

It almost seems like it gets a little hung up at the base of the diverter, but it always makes it past it, so I'm not sure what to make of that.
Would that mean it's too far from the wall and needs to be a mm or two closer?

It sounds to me like the ball is struggling to get up the arm. The base of the diverter is a pinch point which is why you are pulling the ramp out, at least that's how I interpreted it. I have mine pulled out enough that I could stick a 1" rubber behind the left side of the ramp. So technically, you are only trying to pull out the left side of the ramp so that the ramp is closer to the base of the diverter arm, the right side of the ramp can remain flush. I think the ball needs to have more of the rod underneath the ball than on the side of it to create less of a pinch and produce less resistance as it ascends. Also note that you are limited to the amount you can move the ramp forward because when the diverter arm activates, the arm will run into the edge of the hole it is sticking through. The arm should barely touch the edge of that hole without impeding it's movement. Also make sure that the ball still rolls past the arm when not activated.

One more thing to note is the offset between the back of the ramp and the back plastic on the wall, now that the ramp is pulled out. Set the ball at the base of the diverter arm, activate the arm at the coil and use a screwdriver to roll the ball up the arm slowly to see how much the ball is affected by the offset. You want the ramp to be slightly more out in front of the back plastic so that the ball doesn't get hung up in that gap. If the ramp is to far out in front I think this can be problematic as well because you don't want the ball banging around as it moves over the offset. You can reduce the offset by removing the bottom left screw in the back plastic and sticking washers behind the plastic to move just the left side out.

Lastly, and you may already be doing this, I would definitely test the mech by pulling your playfield out to the rubber feet and rolling the ball up the ramp with the coil engaged by holding it in with your hand. You'll have to roll the ball with a little speed, but if your diverter arm is off, then you won't be able to make it up to the magnet. Once dialed in, the ball will make it all the way, nice and clean. Not only does it help to be standing right over the top of the mech while you're watching balls fly up, but I also think this "breaks in" your adjustments, so I would roll it up the arm 15-20 times before shooting it with the flippers.

Sorry for the lengthy post, but this is one the coolest shots in pinball and totally worth the effort. Hope this helps, don't give up!

IMG_20201227_091957~2 (resized).jpgIMG_20201227_091957~2 (resized).jpgIMG_20201227_092051~2 (resized).jpgIMG_20201227_092051~2 (resized).jpgIMG_20201228_225720~2 (resized).jpgIMG_20201228_225720~2 (resized).jpgIMG_20201228_225914 (resized).jpgIMG_20201228_225914 (resized).jpgIMG_20201228_225922 (resized).jpgIMG_20201228_225922 (resized).jpgIMG_20201227_142549~2 (resized).jpgIMG_20201227_142549~2 (resized).jpgIMG_20201227_091935~2 (resized).jpgIMG_20201227_091935~2 (resized).jpg
#7078 3 years ago
Quoted from dri:

The game is not done until we have a cow in there.

Does everyone know about the Brian Eddy easter egg hidden on the playfield?

#7085 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Nobody else answered, so I will: No! What is it?

When I was watching Deadflips stream for the 1.0 code Brian Eddy was in chat and he mentioned that there is a cow hidden on the playfield. I thought that was funny so I looked for it and sure enough. I like it when artists or designers throw in weird shout outs like that.

Quoted from beelzeboob:

My single New Year's resolution: Fix the f**king TK lock once and for all a year after I got the damn thing.

Ever since I found the cow, my tk lock has worked perfectly.

#7100 3 years ago

Agreed, and that is why I set the width to 11/32", out of factory spec - because it seemed like the right width just beyond touching the ball. It's also hard to judge that though, because the weight of the ball on the rod changes it a bit and pushed the rod out. Assumedly, the factory specs are not factoring in the weight of the ball, and the pictures certainly don't show a ball on there while measuring.
To your point, I've tried literally every suggestion so far, and I'm maybe at a 50% success rate. I also think there is a slight break-in after adjusting (someone else mentioned this earlier and I agree with them), because several times I've gotten repeated success followed by repeated failure. The problem with that is that its hard to tell what changed after the break-in. Logically, you'd think that the change would be a slight give in either height, width, or both of the diverter. But at the same time, I've noticed that those 4 bolts really hold the diverter tight. If the screws are not really loose, I can't even move it by hand, so it seems like it would not give at all.
I think I'm going to do some slo-mo recordings again also because that was really helpful earlier. I had gotten two 3 locks in a row, and then of course, repeated failures again.
I agree with your advice and I'll take a break. It's hard for me because I'm a bit of a perfectionist with these things, and maybe I should have researched the known issues before selecting a machine. I'm sure all models have their own glitches, though. So much mechanics involved, plus the constant friction of play - it's inevitable. Like my obsessive chasing down of fluid leaks in my '70 Mustang, I finally had to settle for an occasional oil drip - almost perfect but not quite. In this scenario, we have modern technology involved, but these machines do use a lot of mechanical parts that get beat up by the ball in play.
Honestly, with this issue being so wide spread and visible, it seems to me that a TSB would be in order from Stern. Perhaps a small redesign of some sort to widen the tolerance but still allowing the TK lock to work correctly? With mechanical parts like this, it should be more tolerant of variances and still be able to work, imho.

A good time to come back to it might be when you get Pin Monks fans.

1 week later
#7177 3 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

I just got the total isolation mode for the first time and unlocked the Oh Shit (or something like that) mystery. So awesome. Would love to know how to unlock the total isolation mode again. This game is unreal!

This page hasn't been updated in a while, but most of the rules are there.

http://tiltforums.com/t/stranger-things-rulesheet-wip/6093

#7344 3 years ago

ralphwiggum how do you order a set printed on clear?

1 week later
#7532 3 years ago
Quoted from IronMan8Bit:

I pretty much spent all day following every guide/post out here for the TK lock and I just can't get it to work consistently. Every time I make an adjustment (over 10 different attempts) it will work for 1 game and then after that I just get so many balls that go up halfway and then stop. It's def not getting pinched because I've used Slomo video it just seems like it dies from momentum. When I put the ball on the guide it touches the back and has enough room to not pinch against the guide. When I don't have the lock lit the ball flies around the ramp every single shot like butter it makes zero sense!
ST Premium, 6.5 angle, flipper fans, 255 flipper strength, literally the exact same position for the 4 screws on the mech that Chuck showed in his pic, tightened all the nuts it told me to tighten in the pdf even the one on the plunger arm.
I just feel like the angle of the guide that comes through the ramp is different than the pics I'm seeing no idea if that can even be adjusted.
Help please!

Have you tried pulling the ramp out from the back wall?

1 week later
#7627 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Okay then if it’s not touching until there, that seems okay. But bend the arm down a bit and it seems like there’s a tad too much room between the plate on the outside of the rod and the ball. It needs to be as close as possible to the ball without touching it. [quoted image]

Also, it looks like the ball dies and the diverter arm gets pushed out away from the wall a very tiny bit at about this point in my picture below. That's where the ball meets the transition point between the back of the ramp and the back plastic. Your ramp might need to be pulled out a little more.

IMG_20210126_162828 (resized).jpgIMG_20210126_162828 (resized).jpg
#7631 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The ball is contacting the guide on the back side (lined in red) which acts as a wall to guide it down, but robs a lot of momentum. You need to bring that metal guide up or the TK rod angle down so the ball doesn't contact that upper guide until the green zone.
[quoted image]

The ball would have to jump quite a ways to hit the guide above the arm, but I suppose it's possible.

Awesome! Okay, so next I will:
1. Move the ramp out a bit more.
2. Push the diverter down a bit more.
3. Bring the diverter in slightly more.
chuckwurt - Quick question about bringing the diverter in: I noticed that the weight of the ball pushes the diverter out a bit when you are measuring the distance. Did you set the width with the total weight of the ball on the diverter, or were you holding the ball? It looks like you are only barely holding it with your thumb. If that is the case, then the total weight of the ball is on the diverter in that picture. In mine, I held the ball when setting that distance, so my diverter is probably set way too far out!

This is my ball at the base of the arm. Zoom in and note the arm/ball contact point. This is important as you pull out the ramp because you are not only moving the back of the ramp out from the back plastic, but also bringing the ball closer to the arm, moving the ball more on top of it, which only improves the momentum of the ball.

IMG_20210125_175701__01 (resized).jpgIMG_20210125_175701__01 (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#8044 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Just watched Karl complete final showdown.
Damn, this game looks good now.
Awesome wizard mode.
Finding myself wanting this over JP or AIQ
Seems like got to go premium or LE as the projector really adds something.

Spoil away...I've watched Karl's showdown video a couple times and have made it to Send it Back once. If you haven't watched him play GNR, you should definitely look that up. I have a GNR LE on the way and still watch him play whenever he's streaming, spoilers and all.

It's interesting that some people don't want the wizard modes spoiled, and some don't want any part of the game spoiled so they avoid all videos of gameplay. I watch videos all the time to try and size up a game before I buy it and I always find that it is a different experience when I actually play it. I even try and read the rules before I play a machine, talk about spoiler alert.

1 month later
#9178 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:Yeah I understand that but in this case I am talking 5 minutes into a game, the flippers can't be warm...even after a 30 min game my flipper were cool-ish...
I suspect there is a little pinch, tiny...that plus a less than perfect shot might do it...my tk works very well otherwise... can't complain much.

Do you have the new ramp cover? It improved my lock more than I thought it would.

2 weeks later
#9442 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

seems to be better now, but it still needs a solid and perfect shot to make it all the way up or it otherwise seems to not make it... when it does make it though, it seems to be smooth, so it is hard to tell if it is not making because of weak shot or else.
I

If you shoot it up the ramp and the ball doesn't lock and you think to yourself, that should have made it, then install the new ramp cover.

I have found on my machine that it improved the lock efficiency, especially on questionable ramp shots.

#9457 3 years ago

I took some slow motion vids and I am having a hard time seeing what is cover exactly doing but I am sure it does something, with that said, I cannot tell if for example having the adjustability would provide any benefit... I can see the ball almost bouncing on/off the diverter as it makes contact...
Please, take a look and see if you pick up anything else?

It's a little shaky, so it's kinda hard to tell, but in your first video if you focus on the end of your diverter arm, after it engages it looks like the ball hits the ramp cover pretty hard and when the ball lands back on the arm, it pushes the arm back out and then the ball has no chance.

Quoted from MrMikeman:

Good to know. I didn't install the new cover because everything seems to be adjusted properly but I'd say I'm about 50% on TK lock shots that SHOULD lock. Obviously backhands from the left flipper won't but that's known. Backhand is good to start TI1 and 2 though
I will get the new cover on this week to see if it helps.

I was hesitant to install the new cover as well. I had mine dialed in and didn't want to risk it. I also was skeptical that the cover impedes the ball as much as it does. I think palacekeeper posted a slo-mo video a while back and Pin Monk pointed out that the ball was hitting the cover.

If I had to do it all over again, and I definitely don't, I would install the new cover first before messing with adjustments.

1 week later
#9745 2 years ago

quick update, I installed the new ramp cover...do not waste any more time doing anything and just ask for the ramp.
My TK is 100% .

Welcome to the New Ramp Cover Club

#9811 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

UGH! I wish I had read this thread more carefully before I nose dived into a NIB LE! damn it!

The worst part of owning my LE is cleaning up all of the spit spray from all of the f bombs, general cursing, and excited yelling through gritted teeth.

IMG_20210429_094538 (resized).jpgIMG_20210429_094538 (resized).jpg

2 months later
#11347 2 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Interesting to hear that feedback on JP vs STh. Thanks all!

Ramp cover is there, I need to print the flipper coil fan brackets and wire up the fans though. I'm talking like 10 minutes of play tops, just testing though. I wouldn't expect them to heat up in that amount of time enough to go work working fine to not at all?

Have you pulled your ramp out from the wall?

3 months later
#12602 2 years ago
Quoted from JakePG:

This just happened [quoted image]

That picture was just too good, I couldn't help myself...

10dc21bbdbdf75e427ed7c1eee2e1f13bea3a52a~3 (resized).jpg10dc21bbdbdf75e427ed7c1eee2e1f13bea3a52a~3 (resized).jpg
2 months later
#13449 2 years ago
Quoted from flipperstick:

I too need to fix the beacon/flashers. I have scoured pinside and pinsites for mods and have been unsuccessful. I think they could each be different items - (D20 dice, Christmas light or a bundle of them, Dustin's hat, can of pudding, etc.

Christmas light bulb is a great idea.

2 weeks later
#13845 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The little touches too are great. The flames that go over the whole game when you hit burn it back
The ash during demo modes
??? Everywhere during Barb
The demo dogs walking across targets
The flaming letters on the drops
The hypnotic spinner
Jackpot ramps
Even the mode timer marquee is great
Unlike every other LCD game, on the premium of this game you actually enjoy the LCD animations while you play because you can see them while you play.

I hardly ever see it mentioned, but for me the projector and the screen reminds me of a drive in theater and there is nothing more nostalgic and cool than a monster revealing itself behind the movie screen. It's really a brilliant idea for the theme.

As far as the other projections that Chuck laid out, they pulled me in and completely immersed me into the game. They really make the game come to life and there is nothing else like it. Couple all of that with great sounds and UV, it makes for one of the great pinball experiences.

1 week later
#13926 2 years ago
Quoted from GoldenOreos:

are those dark star films sticky backed or do u have to apply double sided tape to install them?

You'll have to add the adhesive sheeting.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diy-stranger-things-prem-le-darkstar-9-screen-details#post-6222860

3 months later
#15058 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just the nature of the beast. Really nothing you can do except avoid straight on shots to them.

ZomboMeme 02062022170756 (resized).jpgZomboMeme 02062022170756 (resized).jpg
3 months later
#16127 1 year ago

The new plastic is adjustable, it can slide left or right.

If you installed it with any room to slide the plastic to the left, try sliding it in that direction a little bit at a time and see if that makes an improvement.

If you've moved the plastic all the way to the left and the ball isn't flying past the magnet, then you will have to make sure the other adjustments listed in this thread are dialed in.

#16144 1 year ago
Quoted from Soundkillr:

Has anyone successfully gotten more power out of the right flipper? My tk lock works almost all the time...the only time it fails is when a slower moving ball runs up the ramp...the lock activates.. and I can see the ball move up the arm...then the arm drops....and so does the ball. I wish the software would allow for more time on the arm to stay up. However...if I can add slightly more power on the ball from the right flipper....I'll never have the issue again.....or if anyone can tell me a way to extend the arm extension time...or the force at which it pulses up that would be great! From what I've been told...the tk power adjustment in software was never completed so tk power adjustments in settings are useless.
Wish they were coded in. I can guarantee if I could up the tk lock arm power...it would sling a slow ball to the magnet. Also...all adjustments have been made to the lock solenoid and ramp as well as the ramp cover.. this is simply a slow ball issue...Thoughts?

Quoted from Neal_W:

I cleaned up my left ramp, diverter, and back wall with some Novus 1 since it the TK lock was getting lazy like mentioned before. That REALLY speed it up and got the TK lock working reliably again.
I then wiped down the playfield with Novus and now it plays CRAZY fast and I feel like I'm training for the Olympics trying to get the ball under control.

Wizards Mist n Shine also works great on left ramps, diverter arms and back walls for lazy TK locks.

2 weeks later
#16413 1 year ago
Quoted from adamross:

Can someone please point me towards where to find the upgraded material to apply to the screens that will make the images brighter? Can't seem to track it down through search. Thanks in advance.

Here's the link for the material:

https://shop.elitescreens.com/store/p127/Sample_Screen_Material.html

It's called Starbright9 instead of Darkstar9.

And here's the thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diy-stranger-things-prem-le-darkstar-9-screen-details

3 weeks later
#16604 1 year ago
Quoted from TeeJayN:

Regarding the STh Projector
Just to clarify a few things, as I posted about a year ago in this thread, I acquired a new spare OEM S6000 projector for my STh Premium direct from the manufacture as they were readily available back then. $150 shipped. Same exact unit and model number. While I was able to get the new projector to display the Stranger Things video perfectly, it was not automatic:
1. When you turn the game on the new projector doesn't come on. You have to manually press the side power button on the projector.
2. When you turn the game off the projector stays on because there is an internal battery in the projector to keep it running on loss of external power. Again, you have to manually press the side power button on the projector to turn it off.
3. When the projector does come on there is an intro screen with some display options and you have to manually select (with the provided remote control) the "USB" screen and then I get the Stranger Things video.
So, the original OEM S6000 DOES have an internal battery, WiFi, and a wireless remote control. The Stern S6000 does not have a battery. This is further noticeable as the OEM S6000 is distinctly heavier. Don't know if the Stern S6000 has WiFi or wireless remote but that's moot as neither is needed. Disconnecting the OEM's internal battery did not help as it still needed the power button to turn on. The intro screen and the required USB menu selection needs to be disabled but unfortunately there is no screen setting that I can see/find in the OEM S6000 to get around that.
So how did Stern get their S6000 to auto-power on and also go directly to the correct display setting?
I suspect it's all firmware - but I'll let others speculate and/or inform.
Meanwhile I'll just wait and hope for a solution or sell it as is. Else I have a nice brand new fully functioning $150 pinball paperweight.

I just received a back up from Midwest Gaming. I plugged it in to my machine and it powered on and off with the machine. It looked and worked as it should.

Sappin' it up

3 weeks later
#16780 1 year ago
Quoted from Medic:

anyone installed trough lighting kit for apron? If so what color did you use thanks!

I've tried blue, red and purple. I have purple in there right now, but think it's debatable how purple it is, if at all. I like it because it's in-between blue and cool white. I also have a brightness reducer on there.

I thought I took a picture of the blue, but I can't find it.

IMG_20221125_173155 (resized).jpgIMG_20221125_173155 (resized).jpgIMG_20221125_172954 (resized).jpgIMG_20221125_172954 (resized).jpgIMG_20221125_171356 (resized).jpgIMG_20221125_171356 (resized).jpgIMG_20210504_172744 (resized).jpgIMG_20210504_172744 (resized).jpg
11 months later
#18346 5 months ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

Has anyone tried to figure out where the projectors come from? I assume they have to be off the shelf from a supplier somewhere. It doesn't make sense that they would be custom-made or that they would cost stern anywhere near 600.

Type in the pinside member "cfh" in the search topic and read all of his comments. He took the projector experiments pretty far and answered most of the questions besides maybe why it cost $600.

1 week later
#18410 5 months ago

Happy Stranger Things day!

2 weeks later
#18719 5 months ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

Where can you order these from?

I'd read through this first. All the info you need is there. It definitely takes a little more effort than most mods, but is worth it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diy-stranger-things-prem-le-darkstar-9-screen-details

2 weeks later
#19056 4 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Stern heard the complaints about projector visibility in bright environments, so they are testing an accessory to provide the ideal environment for Stranger Things. I'm surprised they let it be seen on their factory friday video. It's cardboard, not plexi, so it will probably be a relatively affordable $499.95.

I like this...it fits the retro theme. Has a real PB2000 vibe to it.

1 week later
#19382 4 months ago
Quoted from Svenop:

The drops get easier with age/use?

If you don't know, you will know soon enough...

ZomboMeme 02062022170756 (resized).jpgZomboMeme 02062022170756 (resized).jpg
#19501 4 months ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

When I get to multiball, the word JACKPOT lights up almost the whole left ramp but only half of the right ramp, is that normal? It took a good while to go through and get everything to be OK with the projector but the right ramp still seems off I think.

This is as good as I could get the right ramp projection. Any further left and the projection gets blocked by the ramp.

IMG_20210504_173217 (resized).jpgIMG_20210504_173217 (resized).jpg
#19506 4 months ago
Quoted from Molon_Labe:

Noob question - where did you get those speakers and lights?

The 5.25" speakers are stock on the LE and I got the lights here:

https://www.speakerlightkits.com/Type-13.html

#19526 4 months ago

Get your Cleland code for 1.11 while it's hot, all models available.

#19539 4 months ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

Where can you download this?

Pm Cleland and he'll send you instructions along with info to donate to his efforts.

#19855 4 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Do these new screens hold up to abuse?

The new material has held up great for me. 2000 plays. Here's my post in the mod thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diy-stranger-things-prem-le-darkstar-9-screen-details/page/4#post-7795759

#20023 3 months ago
Quoted from jackd104:

I got inlane flipper bounce. On other games with a wire inlane the fix was to raise the inlane slightly. On STh it uses the plastic inlane that’s not adjustable. Any ideas? I thought maybe raising the inlane guides by putting washers under the black plastic spacers that touch the pf.

I use low bounce GITD Titans and that got rid of my flipper bounce. I like how they play, feels like I have more control.

Quoted from IronMan8Bit:

Any suggestions on the eject shot?

I didn't have to bend the plate up or down, it was more of a left or right adjustment. When the ball ejects on mine, it hits the right most target when it's up and clears the post when the target is down. My eject power is at 33 and makes it around the burn it back every time.

1 month later
#21019 80 days ago

How do you view the leaderboard?

#21020 80 days ago

NM. Found it!

1 month later
#21969 41 days ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

For those that have the cleland code in their machine what music do you get during the "Save Will" mode? My Save Will just plays a hissing noise like an old TV with no reception. Every other mode and music sequence is fine

Quoted from LeMansFan:

Same thing with mine. It’s a bug in the code. He’s working on a fix.

The Save Will bug has been fixed, all good to go.

#21997 38 days ago
Quoted from JesseJames23:

Has anyone tried the updated Cleland code? I’m still getting the hissing sound during Save Will. I want to be sure it’s not something I’m doing…

I have the new code Version 2 on my LE and it doesn't have static on Save Will.

You might want to message him. Maybe he sent you an old link?

#22096 33 days ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Is this the version with Separate Ways? Or will that be v3?

Every version whether it's pro or premium/LE has the original version and a Separate Ways version.

2 weeks later
#22298 19 days ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Wiz mods showed up yesterday, the games lighting plays off them really nice, they seem lit at times. Not reactive to black light, but really look great.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Do you have a link for these?

#22301 19 days ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

And let me know ow when you're ready to sell your LE, I'm only 2 hours away.

Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I didn't see on their site, so I asked if they made them, and they sent me a link, which I no longer have. But they responded pretty quickly.

I'll have to reach out to them too because I can't find anything Stranger Things related on their website which seems weird.

1 week later
#22349 11 days ago
Quoted from jdlang11:

That looks great. How do I order from him? Send a message?

Yessir

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Machine - For Sale
Vaughan, ON
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider killborn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party?tu=killborn and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.