IMG_3331 (resized).png
IMG_3330 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8622 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #235 ALERT: Be sure to check PRO Ball Lock Post, it can come loose. Posted by chuckwurt (4 years ago)

Post #712 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Replacement rubber info Posted by fooflighter (4 years ago)

Post #1272 TECH: TOYS. Demogorgon adjustment to make less shot rejects Posted by rs812 (4 years ago)

Post #1273 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Projector focus adjustment instructions Posted by rs812 (4 years ago)

Post #1717 TECH: PLAYFIELD. TK lock and deflector adjustment instructions Posted by chuckwurt (4 years ago)

Post #3533 TECH: BOOTING. Fix for Spike machines that frequently have problems booting Posted by C0untDeM0net (3 years ago)

Post #5955 MOD: Stranger Things action button surround and shooter plate Posted by pinballslave (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider john1210.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#262 4 years ago

I’m liking what I see here. Any comments from pro owners on the game as is? I can only afford a pro at this point so would like to know how it holds up obviously only going on premium footage but as I understand it it’s missing the magnetic ball lock and projector.

#284 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I think the Demagorgan moves a bit on the PreLe.

I didn't know that... that is cool. Maybe stretch it to a premium then

#324 4 years ago

I have the deluxe speaker lights kit here on my bksor le. Amazing mod and I think some blues and purple settings using this mod would looks fantastic on a ST le.

#480 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Comet purple trough led and frankmac light change ftw
This game sometimes reminds me of iron Man it is so fast and brutal[quoted image]

Looks great. Are they added comet spotlights? Or are they stock? Something has got me thinking UV in some spotlights would look cool on this title.

#499 4 years ago

Pro has no magnets... can use bling balls to your hearts content

#502 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I can’t get a feel for this projector. It looks great in some pictures and horrible in others. I hope in real life it looks good.

I’m the same. I think we will just have to wait and hopefully someone will give a good no bullshit objective review of it. I mean it’s a lot of extra coin for essentially no extra shots. It may be a case of having to physically play one first. I’m torn between the pro or just going all out on the Le... but the premium looked so bad in that CES video, certainly didn’t do the game any favors. If I had to choose right now it would be the pro no question.

#622 4 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Its such a grey area with everyone's opinions.
I take the video above with a grain of salt.
I am fully stripping my machine when it arrives and getting it recleared. Shouldn't have to I know, but I want it to be nice and its my choice.

Have you recleared any of the latest titles from Stern Bksor, JP onwards?

#626 4 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

No. Ive never owned a NIB before. The quality issues have never want me to buy one. But this theme, layout, designer...I cannot say no! Just want to customise to my taste. New cab graphics already at printers.
Past sterns Iron Man, BM Dark Knight and Spider man only ( not including Meteor and Orbitor 1 man that thing was crazy dimpled )
Anyway this is getting off topic...as you were!

You have some nice older Sterns there.
Just be aware that Stern are using a playfield decal not screen print onto the timber these days.... hence all the latest pooling and cracking issues... part of the problem is also the clear I know. This is why they now have large bare timber borders around posts etc... so the decal doesn’t wrinkle. And yeah sorry back onto topic.

1 month later
#2411 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

What a waste of a post. Take your negative opinions over to the STh-bashing thread, which is populated by the uninformed and uninitiated. This is the club thread for people who have played the game enough in a home environment to know how awesome it is.
Here...I'll tee it up for you:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-stranger-things

It is a club thread and I get what your saying but unfortunately it's a public forum and prospective buyers are going to frequent it and drop the odd comment. Gotto take the good with the bad. It is what it is. I'm still on the fence with this game so I still appreciate all views and opinions on both threads relating to this game including the negative.

5 months later
#5226 3 years ago

I personally wouldn’t bother with pinblades... mirrors on this title look way better.

3 months later
#6503 3 years ago

I gave this pin some grief when it came out.... now I'm seriously considering buying one. Great code development.

3 years later
#21449 59 days ago
Quoted from KJS:

I just posted this in a Stern playfield thread, but thought it was relevant to repost here for anyone contemplating buying new. I'm pretty devastated and shocked.
I don't have the luxury of buying NIB, this is my second one ever. Long story short, distributor offered to refund game but I really wanted it for many reasons.
They said it passed both their quality control and also Sterns.
I contacted Stern asking for a replacement playfield and I would do the swap and return mine at my cost
Got a reply that it is perfectly fine and they also sent pictures off their production line saying they were all like that now.
I'm totally shattered.
I have the entire email transcript if anyone is interested.
I understand playfields aren't the same anymore and expect some dimpling etc on new games, but imo this is a whole other level of shocking workmanship. Where has the pride gone? Never again, it's really sad they are pushing this out.
My game out of box unplayed, and games on Sterns factory floor below.
I did exhaust both lines of communication with Distributor and Stern to try and make it right before before posting.
Stern you have lost a customer regardless of title.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Like it or not this is how current pkayfields have been coming out I'd say for last 6 to 12 months at least. Not saying you are wrong and they are right but look, if you are playing it huo and keep it waxed and cleaned it will last for many years. Just needs alittle more care and attention. Unfortunate but that's how it is and I dont see stern changing it any time soon.

2 weeks later
#21980 40 days ago

At present I'm just staying with 2 ball locks and the 3rd lock as pass through to up post. Still on the fence as to tampering with the arm to get the 3 ball happening. It does look cool but I'm just as happy leaving as is. 2 ball lock works 100%, 3 ball as is never works.

#21982 40 days ago

Can any topper owners vouch for its worthiness? I've never seen one in person and thinking about adding it. Apparently looking at videos doesn't do it justice whatsoever.

1 week later
#22165 30 days ago
Quoted from Drac:

Hi guys,
I am hoping someone can help diagnose what is going wrong with my TK lock. I have taken two slo-mo vids to show what is happening.
I have had the game for a month now and never been able to play TK multi-ball due to this problem which kind of makes the game pointless to play. To make matters worse, the ball returns straight back down the ramp and goes SDTM. Owning this game has not been a positive experience so far!
Thank you for any assistance.

Yep just set 3rd ball lock to lock on the up post like a pro. 3 ball locks looks cool but its only there for a second and multiball starts anyway. Great if it worked but tbh I could care less if the 3rd ball locks there or not. Not worth the pay-off of tampering with that mech to me.

2 weeks later
#22338 14 days ago

Im usually a big advocate for the pro version of any title... bang for buck etc but the projection and ball lock is a must for this title. Plus the moving demigorgon adds more effect than on paper.

#22351 12 days ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

It also makes it hard to shoot into the demigorgon's mouth. You hit the shot a lot more on a pro and with the shaker motor installed you get a similar effect on the pro as you do the premium.

I've found I nail the demigorgon more when it's shaking. Might be the way my game is set up.

1 week later
#22392 4 days ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

TK Lock Actuator-Angle Confusion:
I’m getting lots of lock rejections if two balls are already locked, so I finally read Stern’s adjustment guide. It prescribes a 2” distance from the top edge of the rod to the ramp floor.
That distance on my machine is 1.5”.
The guide says “…pull it up to achieve the proper angle.” I can’t imagine it’s advisable to bend the rod’s bracket to the that degree.
Do all of you have a full two inches there?
I have adjusted the rod’s distance to the magnet cover by moving the solenoid assembly a little, but the height adjustment is more crude and I don’t want to go back and forth with the adjustment when it involves bending things.
** Update **
No fewer rejections after bringing the rod into spec - with the exception of its height off the ramp floor. Easily ten straight rejections on clean shots. The ball goes up the ramp, smacks into the lower-hanging locked ball and, rather than stick, is reflected back down the ramp.
Definitely not adjusted tight.
[quoted image][quoted image]

My advice is stop f@#king with it and set 3rd ball lock to up post. The pay off of looking at 3 balls on the backboard for 3 seconds before multiball isn't worth it imo. Unless it's really pissing you off, then of course go for it. Some guys on the jaws thread are having ball register issues after stuffing around with their spinning reels. Sometimes best to leave as is. Again jmo, it's your game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

8,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider john1210.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party?tu=john1210 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.