IMG_3331 (resized).png
IMG_3330 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8622 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #235 ALERT: Be sure to check PRO Ball Lock Post, it can come loose. Posted by chuckwurt (4 years ago)

Post #712 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Replacement rubber info Posted by fooflighter (4 years ago)

Post #1272 TECH: TOYS. Demogorgon adjustment to make less shot rejects Posted by rs812 (4 years ago)

Post #1273 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Projector focus adjustment instructions Posted by rs812 (4 years ago)

Post #1717 TECH: PLAYFIELD. TK lock and deflector adjustment instructions Posted by chuckwurt (4 years ago)

Post #3533 TECH: BOOTING. Fix for Spike machines that frequently have problems booting Posted by C0untDeM0net (3 years ago)

Post #5955 MOD: Stranger Things action button surround and shooter plate Posted by pinballslave (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider insanity199.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12289 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Checked with Melissa this morning. No more Stranger Things in stock. Rats.

Anyone know a dealer that still has spots left for the last pro run expected in December? All the ones I checked don’t have spots left.

#12380 2 years ago

I had a broken lock down bar latch on my Avengers. I emailed them and Pablo responded in less than 15 minutes asking for a picture of my serial number and the problem. After providing those, I got confirmation that they are sending me a new latch. All of that within a couple hours time from original report to them sending me a replacement. Can't beat that.

2 months later
#13265 2 years ago

Joining the club. Stumbled across an available NIB from latest run at a dealer and took the plunge. Should be here soon.

#13292 2 years ago

For those of you that are using the premium UV kit on the pro, what are you doing for the game card area where the IC is located? Printing a custom card?

066AC848-2EF2-48F3-A133-E811CC7D6CCF (resized).jpeg066AC848-2EF2-48F3-A133-E811CC7D6CCF (resized).jpeg
#13301 2 years ago

I wonder who bought their last one.

#13368 2 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Has anyone with a stern pro and uv kit installed the insider connected kit? Curious to see how it will be installed with the uv apron

There have been a couple people who installed the Premium UV kit on their Pro. RC_like_the_cola posted his here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/264#post-6679845

I also just had my Pro delivered and have the Premium kit to go in it.

#13369 2 years ago

Purchased from dealer last Thursday. Delivered and set up today. Lucky to score one of these. Also had the Premium UV kit delivered today as it was the only one I could find. That install will have to wait until weekend.

0CF892EA-6923-4E63-A8D2-A6F6436D8DB5 (resized).jpeg0CF892EA-6923-4E63-A8D2-A6F6436D8DB5 (resized).jpegD0A52C3F-F434-4886-92D2-AEAB9489499A (resized).jpegD0A52C3F-F434-4886-92D2-AEAB9489499A (resized).jpeg
#13409 2 years ago

I believe, based on early owner comments, that they have made adjustments on later runs. Mine has a good amount of back and forth play and I can hit the mouth pretty well from an accurate trapped shot. I'm not messing with mine, as of now.

I can make mine rather regularly. Definitely not 5 of 6 from a trap, but I have made the shot almost every game once, sometimes more. I did lower my flipper power to the 240s range and have my playfield around 6.5-6.7 degrees. I would like it to be more consistent, but then again, I am not sure it should be a gimme either.

I am probably just going to leave it and see how it does over the longer term. I really only had an hour or so on the machine.

Taking the plunge into installing the Premium UV kit on my pro this weekend. @rc_like_the_cola, thanks for the info on the 2 playfield bracket screws that I will need.

#13411 2 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

I'll just say this. When you get farther in the game being able to consistently hit the shot is super important. Imagine if you will a 6 ball multiball where the only way to collect the super is to shot the mouth shot while the ramp is going up and down every second. Good luck.
The shot is never a gimme but if you get the timing down you should be able to reliably hit the shot from a cradle and on the fly. Ever since "fixing" it the only shots I miss are the ones I know were off. That's skill based not fighting the machine.
To each their own tho. I couldn't imagine playing AFM and not being able to shoot down the saucer or MM where you can't destroy the castle.

I can try the rubber/elastic band approach to see if that makes it much better. Right now, I haven't played enough to know if my shot was just off or it is just rejecting.

If it is rejecting a lot and the rubber band trick improves it, maybe I will venture to take out the mech and add washers to tilt it forward. I assume removing the mech is the hardest part of that job.

#13420 2 years ago

No, that is the old mounting for metal aprons. You will need 2 of these screws or some other #10 screws, but the head can't protrude too much or you can't seat the playfield.
https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-10-32-x-516-metal-apron-mounting-screw.html

I went to Home Depot and got these for $1.28. They are 1/16th of an inch longer but when I tried them in my Jurassic Park Premium apron as a test, they worked perfectly. Looking at them, I can’t even tell that it is slightly longer.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/10-32-x-3-8-in-Phillips-Flat-Head-Stainless-Steel-Machine-Screw-4-Pack-815931/204274920
94981186-9BE0-4FBC-BD67-4A5FF94683F8 (resized).jpeg94981186-9BE0-4FBC-BD67-4A5FF94683F8 (resized).jpeg

#13423 2 years ago
Quoted from blizz81:

Now I'm trying to think what I did wrong / missed when I installed the premium UV on my pro...I don't remember putting in any additional hardware. I thought I just removed the two screws from the playfield and some under playfield hardware, and tightened the premium apron threaded rods with nuts under the playfield.

You didn't do anything WRONG and it will be super simple to "fix". Your Premium metal apron is only attached by 2 of the 4 mounting points. When you lift the playfield out and just rest it on the lockdown bar area, there are those two hooks that latch into that area. If you look behind each one, there is a screw hole. For the Premium apron, put screws in there and it goes through into the apron. Now the premium apron is attached on both sides.

The Pro apron is just attached by those two center bolts.

Hope this helps.

#13424 2 years ago

You guys are really not good for my work productivity. All this talk on the Demo and I had to go down there and poke around. I tried the rubber band trick and sure enough, I was making most from the right flipper and some from the left flipper consistently. If it was a good shot from right flipper, it went in.

Ok, so now I lift the playfield and see the opto cable that is zip tied. It is definitely putting tension on the Demo and pulling him back a bit. To really loosen it, I will have to cut some zip ties, unplug it and then reroute a bit. They have it twisted through another bundle of wires. However, I did loosen it up a bit and the demo does seem to lean forward a tad more. Not completely resting on that hex nut, but just a little above.

I tried playing again, hitting the shot routinely from a trap on right flipper. Not quite as routine on left flipper but I am also having a harder time getting that shot just right where it is a perfect shot.

When I put the UV kit in, I will reroute that wire and see if it leans it any more forward but as of right now, it is probably close to where it should be without taking the demo apart.

Are your demogorgans resting on that front hex nut or hovering slightly above? Just curious.

#13428 2 years ago

This is not the correct fix. This was an early fix. The correct fix is to find the ideal height for the demogorgon by removing or adjusting the spacers under it and removing the spacer on the one way gate under the front of the demogorgon. There are lots of recent posts on the proper fix

Ok, noted. I was just going by what was mentioned in the key posts. I assume doing this still requires removing the demogorgan.

Right now it seems to have improved greatly by just reducing the tension on the optical cable thus letting it lean more forward. Adding the rubber band to pull it a tad more forward doesn't seem to make a noticable difference but I will continue to play with it.

#13435 2 years ago
Quoted from blizz81:

Yeah, I'll be taking a closer look & contacting support. Just wanted to post so folks that got the newest Pros can consider adding it to their list earlier than later.

So the fix here is to remove that ramp and put some mylar underneath that area?

#13436 2 years ago

the height is the problem. Sounds like yours is not as bad as some others. Mine for instance the shot was not makeable period. I basically ignored the demogorgon for 5-6 months of ownership. Seems like a lot of machines suffer from slightly low to extremely low hits on the demogorgon. The one at a local barcade is probably like yours where it's an ok shot but I've definitely seen ones that should have gone in that didn't on that machine too. Bringing it down a bit on that machine would make the shot better but the ops don't seem interested.
yes you will need to remove the demogorgon to do the fix. It's the hardest the first time because there is a screw in the demogorgon base on the top of the playfield that requires loosening the ramps to get to it. Once that is out though it's really easy to remove the demo. Just don't put that screw back in when you put it back together. It's not needed

Thanks for the info. I assume the opto also comes out with the mech and that has to be unplugged from underneath?

I will put this on my list of something I may tinker with once I get the UV kit installed and apparently some mylar under the left ramp. Want to do those things before messing more with the demo since mine seems pretty good.

Thanks again for all the info... may need to shoot more questions your way when I get to the demogorgan tinkering.

#13438 2 years ago

There is one connector under the playfield that needs to be disconnected to take it completely out. It's pretty easy to find. It's one of the easier things to work on actually.

Yeah, already found it when I was trying to loosen it a bit since it was definitely pulling the demogorgan head back a bit. Just need to cut a couple zip ties to actually fish it out of there.

#13461 2 years ago
Quoted from blizz81:

Was just down securing the prem apron. I figured I’d have a bit of time before I had to mylar the under side of the left ramp.
Seems I figured wrong, already gouging one week in.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I only played a day or two and while I was in there installing the UV kit, I saw that mine was starting to do this too. I loosened the ramp and put two pieces of mylar underneath the ramp where it rests on the ball guide. Let's see if that makes enough of a difference.

#13462 2 years ago

Installed my Premium UV kit on my STh pro yesterday. Everything went well and the only extra hardware I needed was those two front apron screws.

I will say that I had a bit of panic when only one side of the UV kit was working. Despite reading and watching videos, somehow I missed the second playfield connector. And the connector on the power board was a bit hidden behind a bundle of wires. After that little blunder, all was well.

Attached are more pictures or the apron since others have asked. The biggest difference is the bit of a gap where the camera would mount. Doesn’t affect any gameplay however.

347E7174-154D-4128-8328-EA9A7773B38E (resized).jpeg347E7174-154D-4128-8328-EA9A7773B38E (resized).jpeg7AA87CA2-D931-43E8-8CCE-41419AA2FC50 (resized).jpeg7AA87CA2-D931-43E8-8CCE-41419AA2FC50 (resized).jpeg8622B370-6FED-42B3-B846-02C667009466 (resized).jpeg8622B370-6FED-42B3-B846-02C667009466 (resized).jpegFD71F1A8-3D2F-4A34-8310-20C0F5976470 (resized).jpegFD71F1A8-3D2F-4A34-8310-20C0F5976470 (resized).jpeg
#13470 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah I put Mylar there day one as well as doubled up the Mylar for where the demo ramp touches the playfield.

I may double up that ramp too. My Mylar already has a faint line across it from where the ramp hits.

#13486 2 years ago
Quoted from AvngRHulk:

Stranger things pro coming home in a week or two. Where can I buy the uv kit?

I got mine from pinball life and it was the premium kit (which works perfectly). I had to pay more than MSRP as I couldn’t find one anywhere else.

Right now, I see that Marco has the premium kits but you will also pay a premium for it.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/502-7118-Q2

#13508 2 years ago

A couple questions for you longer term owners.

1) On my Stranger Things, there is no way to hit the right most two demo drops from a plunge. If I plunge softer, it doesn't make it to the drops. If I plunge harder, it will always hits the left two drops or goes into the mystery lane. I assume that I have to maybe loosen and bend the shooter lane ball guide toward the shooter lane so that it can get a straighter trajectory? Anyone have to adjust this?

2) Regarding removing the demo. What plastics have to be removed? I read multiple posts (and most of this topic) with pieces of info, but still not clear everything that has to be removed. Then I understand that 3 bolts have to be removed from the demo itself, 2 from the bottom and one from the top. Is the circle in red the one from the top? If so, what is the easiest way to get to it? I assume the area circled in blue is where the two bolts from underneath attach.

Thanks in advance!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#13510 2 years ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

i don't think you are meant to hit Mystery from the plunge- maybe turn that power down a little on the autoplunge? also check to make sure the shooter is seated properly in the cabinet so that it strikes the center of the ball?

This is on manual plunge. Based on what you are saying, it seems like my ball guide exiting the shooter lanes is angled too far down as any trajectory is to the left half of the drops. It needs a bit more upward trajectory over left trajectory. There is no speed of plunge that will make it hit the far 2 right drops. This basically makes an MXV shot impossible.

#13512 2 years ago

All stock. Only thing I have done to machine is install UV kit and put Mylar under left ramp where ball guide goes underneath.

#13516 2 years ago

Trust me. I have tried every level of plunge and there is no plunge that will hit the right two targets.

I am also not looking forward to taking the demo out to experiment.

#13518 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

The designer (MXV) said he had the best luck using the 3rd target from the left, the 'N', and then into the saucer. I have done it with the 2nd from the left, 'U'.

And therein lies my problem. I can’t plunge and hit third or fourth from left.

#13524 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Adjust the shooter lane guide. Every mm should change the trajectory a decent amount. Loosen the screws, move it a tad, hold it, and tighten back down.

Well, I took the right ramp and all plastics off. I adjusted that right shoot lane guide every way until Sunday and nothing really improves it. I even tried taking some of the sharp bend out of it hoping that would angle the ball up more rather than left. No dice.

Anyway, not that important to me right now. Played a game or so and this happened. Happy with that given I have only had this for a week.
7F439658-0422-4C2B-B9A2-6FE0943E794B (resized).jpeg7F439658-0422-4C2B-B9A2-6FE0943E794B (resized).jpeg

#13526 2 years ago
Quoted from Pot8er:

I swear the other night I soft plunged to the left flipper and flipped the MXV….maybe it was a dream

Only if you hit the drop target skill shot and then bounced directly to saucer. I guess that is possible.

I have flipped the super skill shot to the saucer many times but never the MXV.

#13535 2 years ago
Quoted from flipperstick:

Just took delivery of the game and wanted to know what flipper power is everybody using? I am currently at 175. If I start to go higher the ball will shoot off the ramps.
On a similar note, I will have to adjust my outer left and right lane as it sends the ball down to the slingshots almost every time. The plunger lane will needs to be adjusted as it hits the mystery spot all the time.
Other than that, this game is hard, but fun.

175 flipper power seems WAY too low. There should not be problems with ball jumping off ramps at full power. At 175 I am surprised the ramp and orbit are consistently achievable. What is your playfield pitch?

If you can get your shooter lane dialed in to hit all the drops, let me know how you did it. I spent over an hour last night with negligible improvement. I can hit 2nd target from left over to mystery shot.

#13544 2 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

Cointaker has the premium UV kit in stock for $279.
Kudos to them for not price-gouging: I will be sure to remember this when making future purchase decisions.
https://cointaker.com/products/stranger-things-uv-lighting-kit1

Ditto. I overpaid a bit but I also didn’t want to not secure one. Bit by the FOMO.

#13546 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Try a slow mo video. May help. One at the point of where the ball is hit by the shooter rod and another further down the shooter lane.

Already did that at the lane exit. Will look at the plunger side later. One video is before and one is after.

I even manually wedged something in to reduce the arc in hopes it would shoot more upward but if I did that too much it would nick the orbit guide.

Anyway, I played more with the demo since that is more critical than the skill shot.

#13547 2 years ago

I played more with the demo shot and I have determined that I likely do not need to adjust mine at this time.

Below are two back to back videos of the shot from the left flipper at 250 power setting. 255 would result in it hitting a tad too high. The right flipper shot is similar even though I don’t have the video.

I do believe it gets a bit tougher as time goes due to some flipper fade. I am going to install PinMonk flipper coil fans like I have done on my AIQ.

In the game following this, I trapped a ball in each flipper and literally sunk both back to back in the demo to move to the next phase of Trap ‘em.

#13549 2 years ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

is the wire from the UV kit restricting the movement of the shooter lane gate and making the ball stick? hard to tell from that 3 second video

Nope. I even did one with holding the shooter lane gate up so it was a completely clear path. I will come back to it at some time. The only thing I can’t do is the MXV shot which isn’t something I would probably go for much anyway.

#13559 2 years ago
Quoted from flipperstick:

This is a NIB from the last production.

That is very weird as mine is a pro from last production run (born on date 12/27/2021). My balls don’t fly off ramps at full power. I am at abou 6.6-6.7.

Very strange that yours is so much different.

#13565 2 years ago
Quoted from rodcom:

Stranger Things (Premium) owners if you have the UV Kit installed - you can not install the premium insider connect kit. The problem is the UV board does not give you enough clearance to get the insider connected over the screw to the apron. See the pics for specific. This is also consistent with what is said by stern marketing materials that stranger things with UV will not work.
Will be talking to ZMeny at flipnout about options to see if can find out from stern the best approach
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Can’t you just install the QR reader on your existing premium UV apron? I have the premium UV kit and apron on my pro and just mounted the reader in the UV apron with no problems. The issue you are having is probably why the UV apron has the QR reader opening in a different place.

944CCB4D-1A5F-4B1D-ACC3-95F37BDCEC9A (resized).png944CCB4D-1A5F-4B1D-ACC3-95F37BDCEC9A (resized).png
#13570 2 years ago
Quoted from blastbeat:

Sorry I assume asked already I did try and look....I have a pro with UV kit. The apron has the cutout dor the Insider Connect. Will that work still even though it's a pro apron? They state no but think I've heard it still works fine. Thanks for any feedback and sorry if I added a duplicate question

Here is a picture from a pinsider who made it work.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/266#post-6686209

#13577 2 years ago
Quoted from Tarheel4985:

Sorry, I meant one specific for the right pricing card spot on the Premium UV apron, which is where the QR reader is located instead of the upper right triangle like it is on the Pro. For those with Premium UV aprons and Insider QR scanners, see if this will fit that spot. I'm hoping someone comes up with a more elegant solution soon but this should work for now.
[quoted image]

Tons of options in this thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-apron-cards-printable-versions-only/page/19#post-5767488

I planned to take a few of this and modify as necessary but struggling to find the time to do so.

#13662 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Wasn’t the fix for my game. Some games hit too high and need different adjustments.

Agreed. My experience is that I have to turn my flippers down a bit because at the start of a session, the ball hits too high on the mouth. However, the longer I play, the more the flipper power needs to be tweaked up to have that same consistency. I am going to install PinMonks flipper fans to control the flipper fade and make it more consistent throughout. Regardless of your spacers or flipper power, flipper fade is going to have some effect on this, IMO. Flipper fans on my AIQ completely resolved the captain marvel shot and a couple backhands.

#13663 2 years ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

Good grief we've put almost a hundred games on our new machine and not one single shot has made it in the Demogorgons mouth. Not one! Gonna pull the thing tomorrow and take out those spacers, if thats the fix why the hell does Stern put the spacers on there to begin with?!

Take some slow motion videos so you can get a better understanding of where the ball is hitting before taking things apart.

#13716 2 years ago

Any secrets to getting bullshit mode. I think I saw someone say 3rd mystery that is not in a mode/multiball. Granted I have only 70 plays but I haven’t seen it once which seems bizarre.

#13788 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainRedEye:

I’m sure it’s been asked and answered before, but will the Premium/LE UV Kit fit/work on a Pro model? Any issues?

Works fine, no issues. I installed it on mine 2 weeks ago. Need to buy two screws for front of apron but that’s it.

1B6A4D20-6F01-41C1-A445-8BFD3AAA6B1F (resized).jpeg1B6A4D20-6F01-41C1-A445-8BFD3AAA6B1F (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#13961 2 years ago
Quoted from jdroc:

2. The premium apron attaches differently to the playfield - 2 screws through playfield that are pre-attached to the apron and have nuts for under the playfield. These work fine, but the Premium screws into the metal playfield bars that clip into the front of the cabinet and the Premium apron doesn't come with these screws so you'll have to find 2 screws that are the right size.
Does anyone know the correct nut size for the Premium apron screws and the correct size for the playfield clip/bracket screws?

These work great.

90BDF154-7E26-4148-BD28-D4D7AE8341C9 (resized).jpeg90BDF154-7E26-4148-BD28-D4D7AE8341C9 (resized).jpeg
#13992 2 years ago
Quoted from Lucxor:

Joined the club today.
New machine from distributor. Built date 2020.
Found here some wrong labeling or cabeling.
Machin was tested by distributor and works.
can someone tell me if the labeled it wrong or if it is connected wrong.
Thanks
[quoted image]

Do a switch test. The DT Sense is the drop target opto. I believe there is an opto behind the drop targets to sense when a ball is stuck back there so the drop targets can lower to let it out. Put the machine in switch test, block that opto and see if it registers as DT Sense. If it registers as screen, they are connected incorrectly.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Trade
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Vaughan, ON
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider insanity199.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party?tu=insanity199 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.