IMG_3331 (resized).png
IMG_3330 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8622 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #235 ALERT: Be sure to check PRO Ball Lock Post, it can come loose. Posted by chuckwurt (4 years ago)

Post #712 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Replacement rubber info Posted by fooflighter (4 years ago)

Post #1272 TECH: TOYS. Demogorgon adjustment to make less shot rejects Posted by rs812 (4 years ago)

Post #1273 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Projector focus adjustment instructions Posted by rs812 (4 years ago)

Post #1717 TECH: PLAYFIELD. TK lock and deflector adjustment instructions Posted by chuckwurt (4 years ago)

Post #3533 TECH: BOOTING. Fix for Spike machines that frequently have problems booting Posted by C0untDeM0net (3 years ago)

Post #5955 MOD: Stranger Things action button surround and shooter plate Posted by pinballslave (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gumnut01.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14395 2 years ago

My STh pro is ready to pickup, but don’t have the room until Renos finished. Credit to AMD in Australia for including the uv kit free of charge. Comes with the insider connected too. Should be fun…. When I get it in 3 months…. Sigh. Will post pics when I get it.

#14397 2 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

My STh pro is ready to pickup, but don’t have the room until Renos finished. Credit to AMD in Australia for including the uv kit free of charge. Comes with the insider connected too. Should be fun…. When I get it in 3 months…. Sigh. Will post pics when I get it.

Got the shooter, blades, shaker, hd, mezel mods lit targets, dice, the two cars and the dig dug. Now I can get the topper. Should I do it? Looks cool!

#14402 2 years ago

So what’s the consensus, topper good??

#14405 2 years ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

the topper is really cool but if you're looking at it while you play you're doing it wrong between the purple and blue of the cab, the UV light kit and the topper, stranger things le might have one of the best art packages and light shows in pinball
for me the topper was just that. the topper. the icing on the cake. if you're laying out 7k+ for a machine is another $650 really so bad?

That’s what I want to hear!!! Thanks, since I have the shooter, uv kit, blades and all the other stuff nice to add the icing. Just missing projector. Going to speaker light this baby with light blue rings. Can’t wait!

#14407 2 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

It’s cool to look at.

Thanks!!

#14408 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

It’s a cool place to park $650 in the hope that it becomes $1500 some day.

#14411 2 years ago
Quoted from MasterBlaster:

It also changes colors depending on the mode and whatnot. For instance when battling the demo it goes all red, when awarding bonus it does a chasing light sort of thing (if I remember correctly, I haven’t played for a few days). It’s neat. Do I notice any of that while I am playing? No. Do I notice and think it’s cool when others are playing? Yes. In fact once you know the light color/scheme for each mode you can be across a room and know what the player is doing at that particular point in time, which is sort of a unique feature of the design.

Excellent!!

I had read on a previous post it was used more in attract mode rather than interacting with the game. So this is great to hear. I was getting it to entertain myself whilst my better playing mates were playing…

It’s like the lit shooter rod in AIQ, you don’t notice it when you’re playing but sure is pretty to the spectator. I guess once you start getting a lineup these accessories start to get their hooks in!

Thanks again everyone. Ordering today.

#14414 2 years ago

And it’s WAY better than the one on Deadpool (my Deadpool one is back in the box, I put my homemade bobble head topper back up there).

Ha! The only topper my deadpool has ever had was my NGG one because I have lent that pin to a mate and my wife said leave the topper at home since it’s a bit fragile. Anyways thought it was a great idea just to place on top of the backbox of deadpool safely out of the way. Friend came over that likes to nudge a bit…..

Straight down onto the HD glass of deadpool.

#14418 2 years ago

I think you mentioned that you’d also ordered the shooter rod, which is another fine choice. I’d say the shooter and the topper are nearly a tie for me…the lighted shooter adds a lot to the ambiance. If I had to choose between one or another I’d probably actually go with the shooter, just because you actually see it while playing a little more. But if you’re getting both…more better.

Yeah was a big AD&D nerd as a teen, so couldn’t resist that shooter!

1 month later
#14741 1 year ago
Quoted from TeeJayN:

Well, I decided to make my own lit up Hopper's Blazer. I actually made 3, one for me, one for my Son, and one for a close friend. Yep, we each have a Stranger Things - 2 Pros and a Premium. I actually bought the 3 Blazers back in 2020 for only $11 each. The cost each for the LEDs, resistors, circuit board, and wiring - under $10. Engineering and assembly time - waaay to much but it was fun and I'm glad that it's finally done! Will mount them in the back right corner and using the 12v board supply in the back box. Attached is a shaky video of all 3 - I'm just all out of steam to make a smooth fancy one!

I did the same! It was fun drilling into the siren lights. Pain in the arse to get the headlight wiring in. You have to dremmel out most of the chassis. Also be careful doing shrink wrap on the wires. I melted the inside of Billy’s Camaro.

I do like how the lights cycle in and out of sync.

3 weeks later
#14912 1 year ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Still working on final details and paint colors. There will be some differences from what's shown here.
I'll wait for the full reveal to show things like the detailed deprivation tank (replaces the back left flasher, connecting with a factory style plug--triggers both the tank and the laser that's mostly obscured behind it).
Ultimately all based on the room of the lab where Eleven opens the gate.

Looks great. Do I have to wear the glasses for this mod?

#14920 1 year ago

I’m in!! 3rd one in our bedroom. Good wife.

C88E4667-083A-411A-B41C-B41293A81487 (resized).jpegC88E4667-083A-411A-B41C-B41293A81487 (resized).jpeg
#14925 1 year ago

Game is awesome!!! Thanks chuckwurt for all your helpful posts. Was not getting demogorgon because I had turned down power cos of airballs to 180. Then read your posts to turn them up. Anywho 230 and 225 and getting holes in one all day without adjusting demogorgon. Woohoo. Only thing is the ball is coming around the left ramp so quickly it escapes 1 out of 3. Only have a pro. Notice the airshirld in the top left can be adjusted across a little. Will check that if still happening will make an air shield out of lexan. Anyone else having this issue?

May also have to adjust my shooter lane guide as manual launches will only hit left targets or side of left ramp. I guess they are meant to hit middle targets so can bounce into saucer? When I try to decrease launch it just misses targets altogether and just hits side of left ramp.

Btw chuckwurt your help with my TWD solved all my prison magnet issues. Made that game sing!

#14936 1 year ago

Quick question:

Are the drop targets sometimes meant to stay up when you hit them? Some quite hard hits they are staying up and the ball just rebounds back.

#14940 1 year ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Nope, that's not designed to happen. In my opinion, once the game has been played a lot more, they'll soften up a little and drop when hit.
At least that's how my ACDC was way back when it was new.
Other opinions are welcome of course.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Nope. Just standard bricking drops that have always existed for some reason. You’d think they’d find a design that doesn’t do that anymore.

Thanks!! Adds a bit of excitement I guess.

chuckwurt went through your video. So only solution for ball bouncing out of mystery into left orbit where it’s not a clean return to left flipper was mainly levelling and then playing with left orbit guide? Post coming down and letting ball out does seem to put some rattle on the ball so it’s in the middle of the orbit lane and drops down to sling.

#14947 1 year ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

On my machine I had to cut the return spring to slow the up post down. Cut a little at a time and kept testing it until the up post was not hitting the ball anymore.

Thanks. It’s a pity this can’t be fixed with a code release. I Could always remove the post ….

#14949 1 year ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

yeah, all it would take is a ball release delay setting. I don't think I've ever seen something like that in the adjustments though. At least it's pretty easy to tweak the spring.

Or replace the solenoid with an arduino. Will try the spring fix, thanks!

EDIT: going to report to stern as a bug. They got it right in Elvira and turtles. Can’t be that hard.

#14952 1 year ago

Anybody put the LE Wizard Apron on a pro? I was just thinking of using double sided tape under the magnetic backing

94F4A113-F4E1-4B52-B562-C301FD4422F4 (resized).png94F4A113-F4E1-4B52-B562-C301FD4422F4 (resized).png
#14955 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Due to the textured nature of the pro aprons, I doubt this would look good or adhere well.

There pro one is just the letters on message wall in pink and they do them in vinyl I guess like artblades. There is not much pink on the playfield so may look a bit out of place. Also you have me now thinking the vinyl will have no support where the apron cards go.

Just wanted to replace this shitty mess. I mean I like IC but does stern have to make it so ugly:

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

Edit: my other option is to replace the apron cards and print a decal for around the QR…

#14970 1 year ago

I found the posts for the apron cards. Will try to put something together around the QR.

#14978 1 year ago

Is this what you’re needing? PM me if you need different angles or full rez. I think my default is set to medium rez on pinside. Whatever you need. Keep in mind I have an “old” iPhone according to my son (3 years old…it’s practically a fossil LOL)[quoted image]

Awesome!!! Thank you. Like your cats. The black one looks like he’s up to no good!

#14979 1 year ago

Worked on my pro today. Went from the following:

A) ball rolling down to left orbit hitting left sling especially out of mystery
B) ball rolling out of right orbit hitting top of right sling bouncing all over the place.
C) saucer kicker firing into right post behind drop targets and then out of control into slings.
D) ball flying out of right ramp or bouncing of ball lock travelling back down ramp and then sdtm.
E) left orbit spinner clunky and robbing power

To…. Fixed all of the above. Went from clunk fest to flow monster.

chuckwurt orbit guide rail adjustments fixed both orbit returns so that they always return to flippers. Left guide came out a bit. Right guide came in a bit.

The saucer deflector adjustment plus a bit more power to kicker gives me that extra burn it back. Awesome.

C0untDeM0net - is a genius!! Cutting the spring on the up post solenoid means that it never affects the ball as it rolls out of mystery into the left orbit lane. Thank you. Your fix should be a key post.

Adjusting down right flipper power to around 215 still one shots demos but stops balls escaping from left ramp.

Twisted the spinner just a little. Seemed to be pointing straight across the playfield rather than perpendicular to the left orbit guide rail. Felt the ball wasn’t hitting it head on. Ball is now travelling quicker through the spinner without clunk. First photo shows after fix. 2nd photo is before.

Thanks to everyone for helping me get this game flowing so well.

2A614A15-9FE0-439B-9737-A6BC48354B5E (resized).jpeg2A614A15-9FE0-439B-9737-A6BC48354B5E (resized).jpeg5BE7BA52-1804-4607-B168-8432D2E78333 (resized).jpeg5BE7BA52-1804-4607-B168-8432D2E78333 (resized).jpeg
#14988 1 year ago

So had my first game where I scored over 250m today now that I have the flow fixed. I got to complete some modes which really got the pulse going like “What Mama Says”. Is the same stress still there in the cleland sound mod, or are the mode sounds all different now? Understand the need for less hopper just concerned that some of the modes that are great may lose some of their impact. Really like his TWD sound mod and would never play the vanilla on that pin.

#14994 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Nothing is changed on what mama says. And as far as I know the Hopper call outs are intact.
He just adds to STH. Doesn’t take much away. The modes that the music is changed are modes that had music that wasn’t good in the first place.
You can always go back to stern code too if you don’t like clelands code.
Also, this video has Cleland code in it if you wanted to see it in action.

Thanks. It does sound good. Man you make it look easy! After my moderate score, my deflector must have shifted back to its old position. No longer does burn it back. Will have to try star washers to lock the metal in place. Or maybe rubber.

#14995 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Ok. Yeah I may adjust mine. It just seems way to easy to get an extra ball IMO.
When you say it auto adjusted, is that from one game to another or total plays?

Mine was a new pro. Started with 10 required for EB. Seems a good balance.

#14996 1 year ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Hello Stranger Things folks! I recently joined the club with a ST Pro that was previously routed that I'm fixing up.
One question: Does anyone have a Stern Stranger Things key fob plastic they'd be willing to part with? I have factory W/B, Spooky, and Stern key fobs hanging from the coin door locks of all my machines in my gameroom, except for ST, as the goodie bag (where the key fobs would've been) was long gone, and not having a key fob on ST is bugging my OCD.
Thanks in advance.

My NIB pro didn’t come with it. Just decals.

#15055 1 year ago

So going to replace the drop downs with the Mezelmods clear ones. Any advice on how to stop them from bricking, how to make them more sensitive and drop easier?

#15063 1 year ago

Failed with the saucer kicking out to burn it back. Don’t think it can ever be made consistent. It will always move. The posts underneath are just in t-nuts. All the deflector is being clamped on is the machine post stud. There is no friction points to keep it from moving. Combine that with the kicker shoving a metal ball into it which wants to push it back north….

Tightened down so much the posts around the stud dug into the clear and I snapped the top of one of the studs.

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

The only way the deflector can be clamped down is a 3D print which replaces the two posts and gives a flat base to bolt the deflector to. Might give it a go later.

Thanks chuckwurt for letting me dream!

8AFEE8CF-E312-427F-8D1B-882A17FB7928 (resized).jpeg8AFEE8CF-E312-427F-8D1B-882A17FB7928 (resized).jpeg
#15067 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah that adjustment is definitely a hack. Eddy never meant for it to go around the loop.

Quoted from VisitorQ:

You do know this is making the game cheat and it was never designed to do this right?
My intent was to set mine up to do the same but quickly aboard it doing so when I found this out...

It was cool when it worked. Also burn it back isn’t that powerful. Will just turn it down and have it kick at the targets.

#15085 1 year ago

Does anyone know the part number for the deflector. I scratched mine a bit. Can’t find it in the manual or pinball life.

#15090 1 year ago

Well let’s agree to disagree. I’ve only seen season 1 to 3, and it’s the best homage to ET, the 80s and the supernatural. I think it’s great. And I think you’re all over analysing. Just enjoy the show and play pinball.

#15101 1 year ago

The nice people at wizardmods are doing the Le art for me on the pro apron. Has anybody put an apron on a pro? Is it thick enough that it doesn’t indent over the card apron area?

Edit: answered by wizards. They told me the vinyl is thick and won’t sag into the card area. Also watched their install video. Pretty awesome service doing a customised apron for me at no extra cost. Very helpful people. Will show when it’s installed. Thanks to pinsiders that sent me photos of their aprons without IC. forgive me for being lazy.

#15138 1 year ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

I'm interested in buying this game unfortunately seems stern is not going to be making them anymore, there are a number of pros available but premiums are hard to find and are running at basically double the price of a pro. I was hoping steen would do another run and I would grab a premium, but that's not happening.
How does the pro compare to the premium? The obvious biggest difference is the projector.

One thing to mention is the pro looks great when it’s off. I have a last batch pro and really enjoy it. A fun fast game with lots to do. Still find it very immersive with the modes. Make sure you get the uv kit.

1 week later
#15248 1 year ago

Thanks to Wizmods from turning the crap pro apron with IC stuff into this:

440BD2E8-A1F6-4392-935E-16BDD54932E2 (resized).jpeg440BD2E8-A1F6-4392-935E-16BDD54932E2 (resized).jpeg
3 weeks later
#15496 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I want to join the Stranger Things club - which model is best to own?
It seems the only thing missing on the Pro v Premium is the Projector and ball lock? And the ball lock doesn’t register most of the time?
Then is there much difference between Premium and LE? Seems it’s just the artwork and backglass?

Pro is great. Played the LE in a pub in Newtown. Projector was ok but not awesome. I think the uv lighting is more important for upside down. I now own the pro. Great game and the pro doesn’t look butt ugly when it’s switched off. Just another take.

2 weeks later
#15780 1 year ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

New Game Code ! (Mainly Home Team feature)
V1.06.0 - July 29, 2022
=====================
- STERN INSIDER CONNECTED
Home Team
The Home Team features allows Insider Connected players to log in
and play without scanning their QR code.
When the game is registered to a home location and set to Free Play,
Home Team can be enabled via Standard Adjust #51 or from Guided Setup.
Up to 8 players can be added to the Home Team from the Stern Insider
Connected Setup menu.
The Home Team can be shared across all games registered at the game's
location by enabling the Home Team Standard Adjustment on each game.
Players need only be added once to the Home Team. Players can be
later removed from the Home Team, and guests can be temporarily
added to the Home Team.
Find out more about Home Team at http://insider.sternpinball.com.
- Updated to nodeboard firmware/protocol v1.00.0
- Correct the replay score boost when Standard Adjustment REPLAY TYPE is set to DYNAMIC.
All REPLAY LEVELS for all players are potentially immediately incremented instead of only replay level 1.
- Correct Standard Adjustment FREE PLAY LIMIT. Previously this adjustment would not be honored
in all circumstances. FREE PLAY LIMIT sets the maximum number of free games which a
player can win during a game. Once the FREE PLAY LIMIT is reached, a player will not receive
a free game from:
a REPLAY level (if REPLAY AWARD is set to CREDIT)
a SPECIAL (if SPECIAL AWARD is set to CREDIT)
Grand Champion/High Score (if HIGH SCORE AWARD is set to CREDIT
a match (if MATCH AWARD is set to CREDIT)
- The default setting for FREE PLAY LIMIT is 5 games (per player per game played).
NOTE setting the FREE PLAY LIMIT to a value less than the number of REPLAY LEVELS
will decrease the number of REPLAY levels available.
- Fixed redundant sound effects when scanning into Insider Connected in some
instances.
- Added Standard Audit "Total Power On Time". This is a lifetime audit of the
hours, minutes, seconds the machine has been powered on. This lifetime audit
will start accumulating with this update.
- Added the ability to unregister a machine via the Stern Insider Connected menu.
A machine must be unregistered from an Insider Connected account prior to being
added to a new account. Highlighting and selecting "Yes, unregister this game."
will unregister the game from your account.
- Stern Insider Connect Setup Screens:
IP, network name, and Wi-Fi signal strength displayed in top corners of display.
- Added Net->About->Events page
This page will display:
The current date and time
The date and time the game was recently powered on
The play count since powered on
The coin count since powered on
The paid credit count since powered on
The service credit count since powered on
The coin door open count since powered on
The tilt count since powered on
The date and time the game was previous powered on
The date and time the game was previous powered off
The lifetime power on count
- Update the factory default value of "ALLOW LEFT+START TO END GAME" to "FREE PLAY ONLY".
- Update Install Competition: set "ALLOW LEFT+START TO END GAME" to "NEVER".
- Added new Standard Adjustment "COIN ACCEPTOR" whose value can be "MECHANICAL" or "ELECTRONIC", and
default value is "MECHANICAL". This adjustment is only available when the Country is set to Italy
and Free Play is set to No.
The coin door for Italy with a MECHANICAL acceptor is configured:
left coin switch: EUR 0.50
center coin switch: EUR 0.10
right coin switch: EUR 0.50
4th coin switch: EUR 0.10
5th coin switch: EUR 0
6th coin switch: EUR 0
The coin door for Italy with a Electronic acceptor is configured:
left coin switch: EUR 0.50
center coin switch: EUR 1.00
right coin switch: EUR 2.00
4th coin switch: EUR 0.20
5th coin switch: EUR 0
6th coin switch: EUR 0
- Guided Setup
Added "Coin Acceptor" setting, only available when Country is set to Italy and "Free Play" is No.
Hide "Game Pricing" when "Free Play" is set to Yes.
Add translation strings for some top level selections.
- Fixed game reboot issue at power on with coin door interlock switch in the open position.
- Insider Connected attract mode screen updated to display the location name and green check mark with
Verified Location if the machine is registered to a pro account.
- Fixed a bug where the game could play the wrong "Send it Back" Jackpot award Sound Effect.
- Fixed a bug where the number of credits were not being updated/displayed immediately in the attract mode.
- Removed left flipper competition mode select (superseded by both flippers for game mode menu)
and replaced default game mode menu with a game specific menu.
- The Game Over display effect now appears before the Play Again display effect.
- Now the game shows the 4 player score display at game start.
- Now any locked balls are released immediately off the back panel at game over
when the match adjustment is set to OFF.

No rest for @cleland!

1 month later
#16006 1 year ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

I thought I’d take a look at Flip N Out’s Vault where they sell their more “rare” items at a premium. They have a Stranger Things Pro for $9000 and a UV kit for $700. I know they are both NIB, but $9700 - No topper, No art blades, No shaker, No shooter rod? What does a HUO pro go for with all that stuff these days? Over $9,000?

We only have one distributor in Sydney. They sold the last pros at RRP and include the UV kit at no added cost. Don’t understand why some US Distributors price gouge their customers.

3 weeks later
#16173 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

What is happening right before the ball gets into the slings. That is what I would concentrate on and see what you can do to limit those instances.

You make it sound like chess!! No wonder I score so low. Think 5 moves ahead, got it.

#16266 1 year ago

I personally don’t buy into this whole “it’s only relevant now” argument. We have only watched up to series 3 when it first came out. So that was years ago. To me it’s not just based on a great series, it’s the whole 80s theme and teenage kids, supernatural and D&D. Bullshit mode the whole lot. Super fast brutal flow. How many people who own twilight zone watched the old series, how many people have watched the shadow? It’s an awesome pin, I don’t think it’s going to be forgotten when the series ends.

#16272 1 year ago
Quoted from Razzz:

Quick and hopefully easy question. I own a Stranger Things pro and love it and unfortunately only have room for one more pin. What modern Stern do you think would compliment this pin if you could only have 2 pins.

Godzilla. A lot more forgiving. Both breadth and depth. Different 3 flipper layout. Recommend premium.

#16280 1 year ago
Quoted from Razzz:

Thanks for the suggestions. My son and I played some games on the weekend to see. GZ LE was by far the best. DP LE looks cool but was a little too dark compared to the light show on STh. Played a Mando LE also and it is so pretty to look at but didn't play well. I was hoping it would play better but we found it boring. I was hoping to give it a second chance but by the replies here it seems not many people would recommend it.
Long wait times in Aus for a GZ. Was considering the new 007 also but too early to tell if that one will play as good as GZ or any of the other recommendations.
Thanks again. This is the best thread in pinside so I value all your opinions.

Does Connery resignate with your son though? Tried to watch you only live twice with family and they did not have the nostalgia I had. They found the movie boring as rat shit. You’ve seen the humour and clips of Godzilla. You don’t need to have watched any of the older movies to have fun with that pin. Then again 007 could be awesome!

Edit: deadpool is great btw, not as much to do as GZ. But the katana shot is awesome. Call outs and music is awesome and family friendly. Both DP and GZ are favourites in our lineup. They are both less mode driven then STh.

#16290 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Both JP and GZ are great but I prefer JP especially with the hacked film code. Is really one of the best pins ever made.

Awesome my jp is ready for pickup. Just house isn’t ready. So many good games so little space…

#16303 1 year ago

I dunno, I love my pro. The projector would be nice, but it’s pretty fun game without it. UV kit is awesome!

Has cleland updated for latest code? Apologies have not searched. Being a lazy dick.

#16306 1 year ago
Quoted from WannabeWizard:

Just joined the group since I’m out of options. I have a Premium and looking for a new playfield. Anyone have any leads on one or willing to part with one. Please send me a DM if you do. My playfield is chipping by kick out. Thanks

Quoted from smokinhos:

I assume you mean on the left middle of the playfield? If so i just noticed mine is too.. shame because it separated right at the edge of the circle cut out. There's a pretty big section thats lifted. Its huo, had it since new. Not sure there's 1k plays on it. Not sure what to do about it.

Cliffy doesn’t list any scoop protector on his site. I had to rebuild the saucer for my WCS with a fibreglass poly filler, paint and then put his carbon fibre protector around it. The damage was so bad it had dug wood. Here’s the after image

Send him an email at [email protected]

#16311 1 year ago
Quoted from WannabeWizard:

I have no idea. Just what he sent me.

I would get some paper, trace around the saucer and the posts around it that any cliffy can be attached to. Then send it to him. 2mm grid paper will give him dimensions. Let me know if you need me to do it.

1 month later
#16736 1 year ago
Quoted from Paddy-o:

Has anyone with Hopper Bronco mod having an issue with balls getting stuck between the truck and the flasher cover in the upper right-hand side of the machine? I keep having this issue when I get a demigorgon mode. Up the ramp and stuck! Let me know if anyone has a good fix for this one. Great mod, just hate removing the glass to retrieve the ball!

I cut a bit of lexan. Haven’t had a stuck ball since.

Edit: I did make the bronco mod myself so it may be in a different position

#16746 1 year ago

The stern shooter does not feel great. But looks awesome. I like the bling so fairly happy with it.

1 month later
#17026 1 year ago

So I think I just fixed my exit out of
Mystery not returning to the flipper correctly. I had already cut the spring on the up post which was interfering with the ball on exit and tried the cabinet bumper to direct the ball more towards the outside orbit guide. But still the ball was dropping out erratically sometimes hitting the sling, sometimes the post at the top of the springs, not everytime but enough for the ball to bounce into an outlane. Not cool. Anyway I realise as the person who suggested the cabinet bumper fix that the ball just needed to be guided a bit further out of the exit towards the orbit habit rail. Once it makes it there it will roll down to the flippers in a slower fashion but same trajectory as if hitting burn it back. So I bent a little bit of soft metal I had to create a slight up turn and stuck it to the backside of the habit rail that is at the exit next to the up post. This little guide extension pushes the ball to the orbit outer guide and removes erratic roll outs.

Here are a couple of pics of my small metal extender. Note the small link at the end which guides the ball. It does not seem to affect orbit shots but this will depend on how far the piece sticks out.

21A61582-FC9B-4E91-BD13-EE6881E819C1 (resized).jpeg21A61582-FC9B-4E91-BD13-EE6881E819C1 (resized).jpeg8FAD3F37-B098-49F7-B7C7-C8AF1BE5D3D5 (resized).jpeg8FAD3F37-B098-49F7-B7C7-C8AF1BE5D3D5 (resized).jpeg
#17062 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The post is there to eliminate that ball trap. You’ll need to add that back and do other adjustments like make the demo more jiggly.
You shouldn’t have to remove that post to make the shot consistent.

Dammit. This is happening to me now as well. Was easy to take out. May be more painful to get back in.

#17072 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That was gonna be my next thought. If taking the whole thing out causes traps, just half it.

Yeah I just put a small hex bolt a plastic washer and a nut underneath. No more traps. Lucky I didn’t put the third screw back in the flower man made things so much easier to get access.

#17085 1 year ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

UPDATE: This has been claimed. Thank you.
We bought this Stranger Things cat tunnel for our cat for Christmas. Unfortunately, he passed away before he could enjoy it. If anyone here would like it, just send me a message and I will ship it to you.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Sorry for your loss.

8 months later
#17958 7 months ago

Can someone help me out with the part used for the left eject bracket? So after the metal bracket which holds the solenoid underneath. I checked the manual and it’s not listed. Thanks.

#17962 7 months ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Can someone help me out with the part used for the left eject bracket? So after the metal bracket which holds the solenoid underneath. I checked the manual and it’s not listed. Thanks.

Can anyone help? Or maybe a photo underneath?

#17965 7 months ago
Quoted from Gutterghoul:

This?
[quoted image]

Thanks, no it’s the left saucer. That’s the up post out of the mystery shot.

Quoted from Neal_W:

I checked the pro and premium manuals and the left saucer eject mech is not in there, but it is likely similar to other saucer ejects. Might be necessary to email Stern support for the part number you need.

Thanks. That’s what I was thinking. Their normal VUK has a deflector welded onto it like in bond and deadpool. I’m after one without the welded deflector. Weird that they don’t have it listed.

1 week later
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Eastvale, CA
$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
8,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gumnut01.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party?tu=gumnut01 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.