20240328_091907 (resized).jpg
20240328_091912 (resized).jpg
20240326_130903 (resized).jpg
20240327_085933 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240327_090153_Gallery (resized).jpg
20240326_234550 (resized).jpg
20240326_234700 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #235 ALERT: Be sure to check PRO Ball Lock Post, it can come loose. Posted by chuckwurt (4 years ago)

Post #712 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Replacement rubber info Posted by fooflighter (4 years ago)

Post #1272 TECH: TOYS. Demogorgon adjustment to make less shot rejects Posted by rs812 (4 years ago)

Post #1273 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Projector focus adjustment instructions Posted by rs812 (4 years ago)

Post #1717 TECH: PLAYFIELD. TK lock and deflector adjustment instructions Posted by chuckwurt (4 years ago)

Post #3533 TECH: BOOTING. Fix for Spike machines that frequently have problems booting Posted by C0untDeM0net (3 years ago)

Post #5955 MOD: Stranger Things action button surround and shooter plate Posted by pinballslave (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dri.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#92 4 years ago

Cut the check for an LE. Now we wait...

#203 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

But I think my newlywed wife is going to kill me.

Chose wisely (resized).pngChose wisely (resized).png

1 week later
#464 4 years ago

Premium/LE stream Monday most likely. Heard on the floor at INDISC from a fairly reliable source. Let's hope!

1 week later
#664 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

my best score ever!!! Man that playfield was lit up!!

This game is Dark Souls II after BKSOR.

#727 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

All the rubbers size, location, and quantity

No one have concerns that there is no target or rubber in the left most scoop lane? You flip full force into a metal bracket.

#730 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

I think I read somewhere that the metal bracket was breaking off on some machines ?

I bet. If that's a 90 degree angle bracket without support, it's designed to break off.

Quoted from jandrea95:

On this note , curious if others will be protecting the scoop hole, seems like it could use a protector of sorts, mylar, etc.

Hopefully Cliffy can do his magic similar to the TF protector for the same shot.

#732 4 years ago
Quoted from Ockeyhead:

Is anyone using a cliffy, mylar or foam/rubber to lessen the wall impact &/or protect the scoop?

I'm gonna try one of these once I get my game: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/23-6629

#772 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Looks like LE's are imminent! Payments are being collected by distributors now.

I paid in full since two weeks back. Does that mean I get it first?!

1 week later
#914 4 years ago
Quoted from Rom:

Does anyone know what these holes on both ramps are for? Could be very useful for modding.

Surely a device of some sort that Eddy wanted in the game that Gary cut out.

#930 4 years ago

My distributor just confirmed my shipping details...

#967 4 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

Not sure if that means there is a sag in my playfield or what.

One thing I do to check accuracy of an inclinometer (spelling?) is to flip it 180 degrees at the measuring spot. If you don't get the exact same value (inverted) you need to understand what the diff is.

#1149 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Finally, if you do not put a sub in this game, especially if you have the LE, you are an idiot. haha. One of the best sound packages I have ever heard. Only TNA tops this game for me.

Thanks for sharing these. Here's me thinking you got a fucking sub in your LE. What is that tweeter in the bottom of the cab?!

#1233 4 years ago

Should be pretty simple to replace if it goes since it's off the shelf

That was the saddest set of specs. Someone needs to figure out how to upgrade it and custom cut the decals in a darker canvas.

#1394 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead86:

I just double checked and no Mylar. I have Mylar at the bottom of both rams but not the Demogorgon ramp

The game I saw on location did not have mylar there either.

#1463 4 years ago

#374 has arrived!

IMG_20200211_153743.jpgIMG_20200211_153743.jpg
#1467 4 years ago

So, here's first impression and setup quirks of #374, my game was built 1/29. The vagmonster has zero issues (you need to aim to hit it), lock magnet is flawless - I had a few incidents where the 3rd ball flings past the two previous locks though. I think the flipper strength is a tad bit strong, at least on the right side. A clean shot to the left ramp is violently fast. Pitch is around 6.5 and 7.

Projector was hopelessly out of focus and fiddling with the mapping is a right fucktardery when you need to hold the interlock while navigating. I left the bracket for the focus wheel off.

The bumper shot pinches the ball and the ball guide needs adjusting. Bumpers need adjusting too, no action what so ever, I kid you not I had a stuck ball resting on the bumper skirt.

A clean burn it back shot sends the ball DTM, guide needs adjusting.

Speech and music attenuation is a right piece of work, sound levels across the board for some modes and call outs are completely out of whack. This is exactly how I experienced GOTG when it first came out. Chaos in the audioscape.

I dialed back the insert brightness to 25%, it gives the projector less light to fight off and it looks more moody.

Inserts in general on the playfield are very washed out on mine, like the printer ran out of black ink, anyone else experiencing that?

Put in the real knocker kit in from PBL along with transparent lexan washers for the slings and super-bands on the flippers.

Only had a handful of games due to setup and waxing took a few hours. It plays fast, flows fine (5x combo is not very hard to nail) and I love all the modes. Code needs many iterations to make this game a holistic experience, some modes are more or less silent (callouts - voice) and the sound effects are screeching loud.

We need to figure out how to get the black diamond projection surface into this game. The projector is a complete miss in my opinion with the white surfaces, most projections are simply too washed out to be pleasant to look at. The low res of the projector doesn't help either, especially on the surfaces with a weird throw angle.

I don't love it, but I don't hate it either. All fixable issues.

#1473 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

But here's the thing about this game: It makes me feel like I REALLY suck at pinball (and I'm not THAT bad), and I think most of it is in the setup.

I think this game provokes you to make fatal mistakes. Don't go fall in upside down trap, it's too risky. Only shoot the vagmonster from a trap when you have aim. Only shoot center drops and lock standups during ball save. You'd be surprised how longer the games become if you don't fall for the evil temptations. My left scoop is not a drainer, nor is the autoplunge. Those two things are critical I think to dial back frustration.

#1476 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

If anybody has suggestions for the right orbit rejects--like, how you adjust that guide so it doesn't do that--I'm all ears.

I'm doing a teardown tonight. The issue with mine is that the stainless guardrail leans over the playfield and does not sit flush with the playfield "rail". I'm assuming you may offset (bend) the through playfield bolts to force the guardrail flush against the playfield rail.

#1523 4 years ago

I've never seen that with my other machine. Anyone know what those clicks might be? Hopefully it was just a glitch and not the sign of something dying

FWIW, my GOTG did this. I just reseated all the connectors on the MPU and it came back on.

#1578 4 years ago
Quoted from dri:

I'm doing a teardown tonight. The issue with mine is that the stainless guardrail leans over the playfield and does not sit flush with the playfield "rail". I'm assuming you may offset (bend) the through playfield bolts to force the guardrail flush against the playfield rail.

This was an easy fix. Just loosen the bottom part of the rail and bend outwards while pinching it as high up as you can. Put it back, now it's flush(er). Not a single rattle/reject after playing 20 or so games. Bumpers had way too much tension on the blades but geez two bumpers for a dedicated bumper shot?

#1579 4 years ago
Quoted from Morhaus:

Code is still only 0.84. Not sure how they run these numbers, but it does mean a LONG way to go still.

I don't expect this to be 1.0.0 until Christmas. It usually takes them a year to get things in order and also why usually don't bye Stern games until I like what I see. This time around I really liked the LE art package and took the plunge on my first LE. So, now we wait.

#1599 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Stern makes 50+ games per day, they don't scale that way by offering customizations for each buyer. Also, since the distros sell to customers, not Stern, they would have no way of knowing the buyers for each game anyway.

The car industry figured this out quite a while ago.

#1684 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Funny, I dropped the other thread and joined this one to avoid all of the infighting and bitching.

It's still fun to bitch in the other thread. It's a love/hate relationship for me at the moment.

#1793 4 years ago

PSA. Please keep pinstadium out of this thread. I vom in my mouth a little each time it gets brought up.

#1895 4 years ago

For the folks in tears over the piss poor projection. A solution has presented itself. This is just a tease. I will provide a more thorough update when this project is done.

IMG_20200217_115414 (resized).jpgIMG_20200217_115414 (resized).jpg

#1932 4 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

How is no one talking about the fact theirs an audit for a co op mode

Because we have no friends to play with as we hang out on pinside all the time?

Anyhow, co-op is the only way anyone is ever going to see Final Showdown, which is a shame. I'll play 4 player games with myself once this gets implemented.

#2008 4 years ago

Slightly off-topic, but, hanging out with Mike Vinikour in San Jose, CA!
IMG_20200222_231245-01.jpegIMG_20200222_231245-01.jpeg

#2022 4 years ago

So, having the game apart I noticed there's TWO ball optos at the left kickout! Should we rest assured there's at least one multiball we haven't seen yet? Maybe integrated in deeper vagmonster modes, I have only played the two first ones.

#2052 4 years ago

Ok, here’s the sob story. I went all in on Stranger Things and more or less ordered an LE sight unseen. Stranger Things is a dream them for me and my previous Sterns I’ve waited until I’m happy with what I’m seeing. I only did the impulse buy before with Tron, another dream theme. Near enough did the same with Star Wars, but I still can’t get over that game. Anyhow, reports were starting to pour in of the projector. Completely washed out. Reports of “it looks better in person” was some of the paid commentary. It does NOT look better in person. What you see is what you get. This is my only beef I have with this game. I had other griefs about some shots being shitty and what not but as code keeps dropping all will be forgiven in the end. My game plays near perfect now.

This post: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-stranger-things/page/85#post-5400822 speaks of a canvas type called Black Diamond. This YouTube video teaches you how to sell it in 2 seconds.

Seeing is believing, as my teaser post showed (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/38#post-5480839).

I was going to wait until someone came up with a kit you could simply buy, but this shit can’t wait, it looks awful! I sourced some of that Black Diamond (be creative, it’s easy to track down) and got some 3M adhesive sheets, a corner cutter and some supplies, like scalpels and knives. I cut out all the targets at first but it turns out that the BD material does not reflect at a certain angle and completely washes out the image. This also holds true to the viewing angle as well, it’s a little bit like an old TFT, but slightly better. So, I simply replaced all the flat surfaces on my game (it goes without saying, the ramps are not applicable). The material is very easy to work with and comes mounted on a .5mm plastic sheet of some sorts. It also seems very durable. I put some mylar on it just to see what it looked like but it did not work because mylar is glossy. Matte floor graphics vinyl is my next approach if the target surfaces wear down. I also replaced the left ramp billboard, it washes out in the angle towards the main billboard so be aware of that if you try this at home. Using alcohol on the projection surface is no problem either.

Does Black Diamond improve the visual quality? The brighter the room, the better it looks in comparison. The game emits a LOT of ambient light, I have my inserts turned down as much as I can and I also turn down the backglass to a minimum while playing. I’m happy with the results as the image does not have the white washed out image anymore and this time around it actually does look better in person, believe it or not!

I recorded in two different light settings, the first one is with the light I play my games in, ambient light is mostly from other machines. The other setting, a couple of minutes into the video, is with my shop lights on, which is insanely bright and no sane person would play pinball in that light, but it gives you an idea what Black Diamond is capable of.

Enjoy!

Added over 4 years ago:

After some tinkering with the Black Diamond I discover that the material rejects light differently when you rotate it 90 degrees. Pay attention to this before you start cutting. I had to redo all my standups and one of the drops for this reason.

Added over 4 years ago:

I used this adhesive for the black diamond: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00D17INAS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00
I used this adhesive to stick the white spacers to the standups: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BK8PHZK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00
This is the corner cutter I used (size S): https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0076FJ7SS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00
Here's the knife/scalpel set I got: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DRKZNP7/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00

#2058 4 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Revelation records eh? Never heard of them

Your handle suggests your either a fan or member of GB?

#2061 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

dri do you know if the sample you received was the black diamond xl, 1.4 or .8

#2069 4 years ago
Quoted from mzhulk:

Is this black diamond going to hold up to a steel ball hitting it

I'll let you know a few hundred games down the road. It's surprisingly durable so far.

#2078 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Great! Could somebody please tell us WHERE THE HELL YOU'RE BUYING SMALL AMOUNTS OF THIS STUFF??? What's with all the secrecy?

I'm not giving up my source of the material as I got my samples for free and I'm pretty certain their business is not setup to deal with Pinside.

Quoted from beelzeboob:

Also, dri , did you paste it right over the white screen, or remove the white screen gently so as not to ruin it (or replace it again if the BD stuff didn't work out)?

I removed the the white stickers, there's no gentle way to remove them. Glue was a pain in the ass to remove. Razor and "Goo Gone" took care of it. I'm sure Stern will sell you new white canvas if you need to go back for some weird reason.

#2095 4 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Mike seems cool too, think he was rocking a snapcase hoodie on some random Stern stream.

Indeed he did! I remember that now when you mentioned it! I was hoping GB was going to play at Punk Rock Bowl this year but they're not. I guess I'm gonna have to go up to SF and see them next month.

#2098 4 years ago
Quoted from Wakecamp:

Play the modes and try to get to total isolation as often as you can.

My scoring tactic is to shoot every chapter twice to have every mode ready and always start with telekinesis. When you come out of MB you usually have completed the mode and you're only one shot from starting the next. I've only gotten TI a handful of times but I don't play with EBs on. I've landed a 500M game where the bulk was telekinesis, 2-ball vagmonster, TI combined with 100M+ in bonus. That game also had a 40+ combo which I think added some.

#2105 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

ri says the black diamond can’t be used on anything except the main projector area

It can only be used on the main projected surface and the targets facing towards the projector. The ramps and the stand-ups behind the drops still needs solving to get the white out.

#2107 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

I think the dark vinyl that corvair61 is selling well solve those issues.

corvair61 can you stick some of that vinyl on a ramp ball surface and start a multiball? Preferable taking a re-presentable picture from the player's angle where you see one ramp with and one without the vinyl?

#2108 4 years ago

I should've done better research on this before jumping both feet in. What we're looking for is ALR (ambient light rejection) screens: https://www.projectorcentral.com/ambient-light-rejection-screens-2.htm

This brand lays out the viewing angles quite well: https://www.projectorscreen.com/KB/Dalite-Projection-Screen-Surfaces

These guys have a whole slew of interesting material: https://www.draperinc.com/projectionscreens/tecvision.aspx

This looks amazing:

#2132 4 years ago
Quoted from corvair61:

Black vinyl only works on the vertical surfaces.

Thanks for checking!

#2157 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You got this on .85? Impressive.

I can't remember to be honest. I'm going to try beat it on .85

#2158 4 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

So LE owners, I have a question for all of you.

This was an impulse buy based on theme only for me. Going over the mechanical issues at first is no big deal. The projector was the biggest disappointment for me. I've done some work to mitigate that but I'm not 100% happy with it yet to be honest. I'm in this for the long haul and we won't see this game code complete for another year or so. So far the theme is integrated very well into the game and more audio/visuals are coming. There's even more custom speech from Hopper coming that is not in there yet.

So, ask the same question in a year! I will either have a 5k doorstop or a highly desirable title in my collection.

#2162 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I just got 775 million on a location pro in STL last night.

I just thought about this yesterday. Pro scores will most likely be higher as a ball lock on prem/LE can end up costing you a ball due to RNG auto-plunger without ballsave.

#2169 4 years ago

My love affair with the vagmonster was a short one. The more you shoot it, the more it starts bending backwards. If it's bending backwards, it will reject all attempts as the ball bounces on the lower lip. I've used some force to bend the fork it sits on forward but still not 100%. Just a heads up for all you happy campers.

#2197 4 years ago

Almost like it was meant to be there lol

How do we find a spot for this missing rubber on premium/LE?

#2201 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Not sure this will work on the prem/LE. Haven’t tried though. I think it will cause hang ups.

I have a different idea now when I started to think about it. I will report back if it works or not.

#2216 4 years ago
Quoted from Zenomorp:

Got our Premium set up and on the floor at The Arcade in Wichita. So far, I think it's badass.

Cabinet art on premium is my favorite by far.

#2222 4 years ago
Quoted from dri:

I have a different idea now when I started to think about it. I will report back if it works or not.

My thought was to force the rod up that makes the vagmonster shake to have it lean forward. This requires a longer rod. I've bent it as much forward as I can now and it gobbles with surgeon precision shot.

#2223 4 years ago

I find it weird that these two features are missing in this game:

1) Super skillshot only awards points. Think back to Eddy's previous games. A super skill shot by holding the left flipper gave something useful in terms of progress in the game.
2) Vagmonster "bombs". Why is there no way to collect something like a "martian bomb" that you can use to count as one gobble? Having that for the vag-multiball to lock jackpot at 5M would be SCHWEEEET!

Has anyone actually seen superpops? Thoughts?

#2230 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

my game reset

Yep, they need to get on this. Really annoying.

#2239 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

dunno what that setting does then.

The magnet "power" in this case is how much power is needed to pull the magnet off the backboard. There's two coils performing this duty.

#2241 4 years ago

Speaking of flippers on this game. Out of my five sterns, Stranger Things is the only one I can't do post transfers on. Am I getting old and senile or is anyone else seeing this?

#2254 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Only out of box issue I am having

They should hire someone who actually plays pinball on the line to do final inspection.

#2264 4 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

At present I’m kinda underwhelmed and having buyers remorse.

Welcome to the club. We're clinging on to the code here. Expect 1.0.0 by Christmas.

Quoted from dashv:

At present the Upside down is rather boring.

It's a distraction. Don't fall for it. This game tries to fool you into making stupid mistakes. This is one of them.

UV kit will be sweet and I hope they integrate it into a few of the modes too, like where's barb and other upside-downish modes.

Quoted from dashv:

some dialing in, and time.

It takes some work to bend and tweak everything in place. My game plays perfect now and I quite enjoy it when there's a few hundred million on the board.

#2265 4 years ago

Code! Praise this update! I've seen all these issues.

LE/PRE V0.86.0 - March 2, 2020
=====================

- Added Season 1 and Season 2 mode audits for starting a mode and collecting
a mode award.
- Fixed a bug in Monster Hunting where, upon making the last shot, the game
would wait too long before kicking the ball back into play.
- Fixed a bug in Turn Up The Heat where 1 frame of green appears on the screen
as the mode ends.
- Fixed a display effect bug in Turn up the Heat, Morse Code and Break Out that
could cause the game to crash as the mode ends.
- Fixed text on an Attract mode display effect where the text showed the player
scores from the previous game with the wrong outline. The credits and credit
pricing text also appeared incorrectly on this display effect.
- Fixed a display effect in Breakout where 1 frame of green appears on the
screen as the mode ends.
- Changed the default Demogorgon rule difficulty settings, i.e. Default = EASY.
Now the first Demogorgon Battle is qualified by completing one set of drop
targets (spell RUN!)

#2266 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Real quick what did you use to adhere the new black diamond projector material?

I used this adhesive for the black diamond: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00D17INAS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00
I used this adhesive to stick the white spacers to the standups: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BK8PHZK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00
This is the corner cutter I used (size S): https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0076FJ7SS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00
Here's the knife/scalpel set I got: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DRKZNP7/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00

#2271 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Thank you for this, excuse my dumb questions but what do you mean white spacers?

There are no dumb questions, only stupid answers. What I mean with white spacers, is the standup plastic with the holes in them, you'll find them in your goody bag or flinged around the playfield because the adhesive Stern used is pretty crappy. The adhesive I prescribed above doesn't really dry and crack as the one used on the original. It's like snot and sticks really well so far. The extra white spacers in the goody bag has one side with adhesive, I used that to "double glue" the black diamond and spacer.

#2272 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Wow that little change to the demo difficulty pretty much guarantees you’ll get to three of the demo modes each game. This will help with tournament games that EBs are turned off, but stock settings it might be too easy. I’ll probably switch it back.

I honestly think this change make sense. You are more or less guaranteed the 2-ball multiball for each game and have the option to go deeper. I think I'm going to balance this out by toughen up the TK locks (two hits per lock instead of two hits for three locks). Getting TK MB is far too easy IMHO.

#2352 4 years ago
Quoted from mzhulk:

I have my leg levelers all flat not incline.

Bro, do you even pinball?

#2387 4 years ago

Now when the UV kits are shipping, any speculation/rumor when they're going to ask us for the next batch of Benjamins, i.e topper?

#2405 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

[quoted image]

Where is this from?! MKV mentioned a few these too! Can't wait for this game to get fully baked. There's just so much potential with all the awesomeness!

#2423 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Agreed. He did not. But said that’s the key and to get with service for help if we need it.

They, or someone, should 3D print an alignment tool that you use as a template between the diverter arm and ramp (it's too damn difficult to get an accurate measure up there). That way you could just loosen the mech, slide in the template, make it snug, tighten the mech, and you're gold.

#2460 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Black Diamond stuff...although I'm not holding out much hope that it's any different (the angle people are taking pictures are straight-on as well)

The light rejection on Black Diamond doesn't wash out vertical light sources and visibility as bad as horizontal. It's really freakish as the image quality changes drastically by turning it 90°.

IMG_20200303_215159-01.jpegIMG_20200303_215159-01.jpeg

#2594 4 years ago

UV kit is in! What a fucking eyepopper it is!

IMG_20200314_193102.jpgIMG_20200314_193102.jpg

#2596 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

impossible to capture well.

Different angle while filming. Cameras do react weird with UV.
Screenshot_20200314-195228.pngScreenshot_20200314-195228.png

#2608 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Got mine installed yesterday, it is awesome! Anyone trying to save a few bucks on an aftermarket solution is foolish......

Those are the people filling their games with plastic trash toys and have the nerve to call out "Loaded with mods" in the classifieds.

#2610 4 years ago

My wire somehow worked its way into the path of that wireform and started cutting into the wire.

I immediately saw this potential issue and routed my wires around the screw bracket on the LED rail. I'll take some pics when I get down there.

#2634 4 years ago

What is the consensus with the surplus aprons and plastics? Can it make a pro user happy that doesn't care about the UV kit?

#2651 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Video detailing some adjustments you can make to help you peeps dial in your games.

Thanks for putting this together. I'm considering adjusting my shooter lane to have the autoplunger put the ball in the "mystery". What's your thoughts on that?

#2673 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

So has anyone else cradled a ball on each flipper during Demogorgon mode 2 (the first 2 ball multi) and then flip each ball into the mouth back to back? I did last night and the one-two punch was AWESOME!

Congrats! I did this exact same stunt and ended up piling the balls on top of each other at the bottom of the vagmonster. TILT.

#2700 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

I have a full sample sheet of the black diamond .8 gain material for anyone that wants it.

HighTower

#2792 4 years ago

The game is not done until we have a cow in there.

#2921 4 years ago

Doing a stream for the first time ever tonight 8pm PST. Stranger Things LE. Praise and flames at https://twitch.tv/dri374

1 week later
#3092 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

the angle people are taking pictures are straight-on as well

I've compared some streamers games and I think the Black Diamond stands out, even at an "angle". Sorry about the echo, I'm a noob streamer (and player)... https://www.twitch.tv/videos/584577518

#3103 3 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

Pro owners are you happy with your decision or is premium the way to go?

This would be my "ideal edition" of Stranger Things.

- LE trim and pinblades
- Premium artwork
- Pro ramps (projection on the ramps is a joke)

I would not get a Pro, the lock and projector is worth the extra dollars.

#3150 3 years ago

Shameless plug for a charity stream I'm running for our local pinball arcade. Playing the LE while trying to complete objectives to raise money.

Twitch stream is at https://twitch.tv/dri374 on Sunday 8pm PST.

1 week later
#3274 3 years ago

Streamed 0.88 tonight. Tons of callouts. Hopper can't seem to shut up. There's some kids chatter too, and foremost WINONA, I heard her! <3

I had 2 hours of shit games. I really like how Mirkwood works now. The Demodog modes still needs work. The game is not fun when you bring that big cock blocker out.

Here's a long ball 3 game with the shortest TI in recent memory.

2 weeks later
#3559 3 years ago

I gave a 0.90 a whirl tonight. I had 430M+ game with one mode completion away from starting 2nd Total Isolation. Apologize the weird colors (and the angle) on the PF, I'm currently experimenting with cameras. That's what it looks like with a GoPro 7 Black if anyone cares.

Yes, both demo ramp and lock mech needs a seeing to...

#3564 3 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

I’ve noticed since .88 code, that the Mystery lane is triggering modes. Anyone else see this? What’s the fix ??

I find it annoying that it only triggers 1 or 2 and then it stops, is that intended?

#3566 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It will spot you mode shots until you’ve played two modes. Then it stops.
Saucer spots demo dog letters until you’ve played one demo dog mode. Then it stops.

Just like a pusher this one. First and second hit are on the house, after that you have to work for it.

2 weeks later
#3943 3 years ago

Drunken stream on 0.92 from last night. Forgot to change my overlay . 300M, 2 TKs and TI.

I really appreciate the additional polish.

#3966 3 years ago
Quoted from FredZZZ:

Dri, your black diamond canva looks good too !!!!

Thank you, sir! I really like how the modes tie better into the projection for each release. Monster hunting is my favorite mode now.

#3999 3 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Had a customer challenge me, wanted a finish for his premium that had an upside down look. How do you guys think I did

Looks stellar! Does it come with UV ink or do you charge extra for that afterwards?

#4048 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s a completely different team. Lonnie is the lead on STH and Dwight is the lead on Turtles.

What worries me is that Mike Vinikour was on the TMNT LE stream suggesting he jumped ship from STH. He did a lot of the legwork on recent STH updates. I'm hoping we're at 1.0.0 by Christmas (as expected).

1 week later
#4184 3 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Were the system crashes tied to the mystery lane fixed?

I played for three hours straight yesterday. No issues, bugs or resets uncovered. I did not start Bullshit once though.

#4195 3 years ago

The mystery is so f'd up in 0.94. I literally tried to get nothing but bullshit for 2 hours today. On quite a few occasions I got Demogorgon Ready, when Demogorgon was already ready. Add time, when there were no timers running (add time is also guaranteed if you have ball save ticking it seems). And, to rub it in, bonus held on ball 3.

I got bullshit twice, once during the demodog attack and demogorgon, couldn't make out anything. Second time I got a clean one. Way to much effort put in here for what it is.

Screenshot (5) (resized).pngScreenshot (5) (resized).png
2 weeks later
#4551 3 years ago

I had one ball locked, made a mode shot in the left ramp without lock lit. It locked me second ball and released. Is that suppose to happen? https://clips.twitch.tv/RudePricklyNuggetsUnSane

What is the bugs email to Stern again?

#4686 3 years ago

I went deep on the demogorgon modes last night. "Can't stop this" is plenty fun! But the prior 4-ball multiball they need to fix. Having that flap going up and down in a 4-ball mayhem will only dent the flap and ding the balls. What is your opinion on this?

1 month later
#5008 3 years ago

It's not much, but it's mine! Finally broke my 500M curse. My game is setup stupid hard and I'll probably address that soon. 15 minute game!

#5010 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Amazing Quarter Hunt mode! Just shy of 100mm.

Thanks! But what is the deal with a 40M Barb shot? Is that if you one-shot it?

1 month later
#5510 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Dragons Lair video mode or bust.

I support this message!

2 months later
#6613 3 years ago

I have not been on my Stranger Things for a while. Just came here to endorse pin monks coil fans. What a silly stupid simple solution to the single most frustrating thing with this game. As a testament I reached "Can't Stop This" after a one and a half hour session effortless. Normally I don't event bother shooting for the demogorgon after 15-20 minutes.

(video is still processing at this time of writing)

#6670 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Awesome, thanks for the recommendation! I'm tempted to go back and do a 2 hour Stranger Things session to see how hot the coils can really get. I have a temp gauge that can measure over 157F now. I thought Stranger Things was the heat champ, but someone sent me a video of an uncooled Rick and Morty where the right coil got over 180F and the upper right coil just stopped working for a bit after it exceeded 160F. They were playing for around 2 hours. When they get the Spooky Tibetan Breeze kit, that kind of nonsense will be a thing of the past for them, too. Pretty much impossible to break even 110F with the kit installed, no matter how long you play.
Thanks again!

I'd buy a kit for my TNA on the double if you get a kit for Spooky. Coils get red hot and "hugs" the plunger so hard the flippers move in slow motion. You can still theoretically make all the shots but the timing is way off.

#6679 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Good news! Spooky coil cooling kits are done and in the pinmonk store here and on pinmonk.com.

You need to associate the kit with TNA on pinmonk.com

Ordered!

8 months later
#11875 2 years ago

Hello fam! Long time no see in this thread.

Ever since I got my Stranger Things I wanted wire form ramp returns. I hate Sterns plastic cup returns. Cheap and unaesthetic.

Now! We have a shot. The guy over in the Mando thread (hands down mod of the year IMHO) challenged me to have 10 folks sign up. AND HE'LL MAKE THEM for Stranger Things.

Please! https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-mandalorian-pro-wireforms-this-is-the-way/page/8#post-6461367

#11877 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Unless they are $100 or less, I’m not really interested. Also not sure how they would work especially on the right ramp.

I agree it's tight on the right return but will the plastic fit I'm sure the metal will. If there's a will there's a way. Projection surfaces will suffer but I can't really be asked about those. I'll eat whatever cost goes into making these so I guess we're wired (no pun intended) differently.

#11882 2 years ago
Quoted from Spitfiren8:

Maybe if we could see how he plans to implement them, but i couldn't commit until a viable solution was presented.

Fair enough, there's multiple challenges here. The UV kit is my my least worry as you can make the loops for the UV L-brackets where the reinforcements are on the wireforms. You could even have the UV rail slightly at an angle to be less in your face and more effect.

6 months later
#14258 2 years ago

I installed the Stern Insider Connected kit in my Stranger Things LE today. Fun! Renewing the game a bit. It took about an hour with all the rambling on stream.

In other news, I finally broke 1 billion.

1 year later
#17998 5 months ago
Quoted from Pinball_Eddie:

Don’t miss out on the return of Stranger Things Pinball and El-evate your game room this holiday season!

I read somewhere they have a new projector in the vault premiums. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mount Washington, KY
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods
Plastics
Machine - For Sale
Ballston Spa, NY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toppers
$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toppers
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
$ 74.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dri.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party?tu=dri and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.