IMG_3331 (resized).png
IMG_3330 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8622 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #235 ALERT: Be sure to check PRO Ball Lock Post, it can come loose. Posted by chuckwurt (4 years ago)

Post #712 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Replacement rubber info Posted by fooflighter (4 years ago)

Post #1272 TECH: TOYS. Demogorgon adjustment to make less shot rejects Posted by rs812 (4 years ago)

Post #1273 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Projector focus adjustment instructions Posted by rs812 (4 years ago)

Post #1717 TECH: PLAYFIELD. TK lock and deflector adjustment instructions Posted by chuckwurt (4 years ago)

Post #3533 TECH: BOOTING. Fix for Spike machines that frequently have problems booting Posted by C0untDeM0net (3 years ago)

Post #5955 MOD: Stranger Things action button surround and shooter plate Posted by pinballslave (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bemmett.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 4 years ago

I'm excited for this one, looking forward to seeing it play tonight on stream. Probably in on LE or premium, projection seems way cool and I would imagine can be used in lots of different ways. Hopefully it's not just like 5-10 static things over and over.

#54 4 years ago

I'm just gonna bite the bullet and go LE. Game looks more than ample to me from stream and looks fun to shoot and obviously early code that is going to evolve a ton. Projection will make/break the decision but I have to imagine it's going to be pretty cool. I'm just happy it seems they got most the license assets with videos and voices and here's to hoping there is lots of good custom Hopper content. I do hope they throw in more of the humor related content with some of the modes and whatnot, lots of good stuff, need me some Bob callouts!

2 weeks later
#436 4 years ago

Sooooo... I can't even read the other thread anymore, it is poison. I'm excited for my LE!
Hope the projection looks good in basic light but I have dimmable light zones in my pinball room, some pins look better with less/more light and I can adjust the lighting to fit the mood and the need so not really concerned at the end of the day
Here's to hoping for a good premium/LE stream soon

1 week later
#644 4 years ago

Stream looked great, excited to get my LE. Here's to hoping for a lot more call outs and content on screens, ramps and everything else projection related. Also cool animations/videos on the back box screen, that title logo thing over and over gets old.

2 weeks later
#1298 4 years ago

Got my LE and hoping to have it unboxed and setup tonight!

#1331 4 years ago

Got my LE setup last night and got 5-10 games on it. Couple notes/questions:

1. Code is uninspiring. Very little video assets and even fewer call outs and the ones that are there are garbage. They got a lot of work to do here to make this game fully immersive. I view it just like BM66 on release code and rule wise. Lots of potential but sucks right now, plain and simple. Need some overhaul/enhancements on rules but more so the projection needs greatly expanded along with videos on LCD and call outs.
2. My projector seems to be acting weird. When I first turned on the game it wasn't working at all then came on after a little while. But noticed if I open the coin door and change settings and start a game the projector doesn't work for a little and then seems to come back on and after that works fine but tried this a few times and always had the same result. Any others seeing that?
3. When I was trying to find something wrong with the projector and in settings I did a reset on the projection settings, which seems to have deleted any default alignments that were in there originally. All were way out of alignment then, I tried to adjust them manually but wondering if anyone has the defaults that came on the game so I can compare, main screen and targets in front I think I got dialed in but the other ramps and small targets are not looking right
4. When the ball release on the left happens from Demogorgon and rolls down that left orbit does everyone's hit the sling on side and launches it, minor thing but kind of annoying.
5. Didn't get a ton of clean shots to get the lock/magnet to activate. When I had clean ramp shot it seemed to work great but less than perfect or slow shot didn't activate the lock properly and either kept going or was knocked off the ramp or sent back down the ramp.
6. Clear and everything else look great, screen and projections look good in darker room but definitely get washed out some with lighting on playfield and any lighting around, not bad as most think, overall I think it looks good.

Here's to hoping they come through with ton of added rules and video/projection assets and call outs. I'm sure they will just a matter of how long. :-/
IMG_20200206_193906 (resized).jpgIMG_20200206_193906 (resized).jpg

#1363 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Thought my projector needed focus adjusted

There is no adjustment for focus is there?

#1447 4 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

I accidentally reset my projector settings and it's all screwed up now.

Adjusting is kind of a pain when trying to dial in each thing and then go into the game to adjust each thing.

Could someone my some shots of your settings when you get a chance?

Could someone still repost these? Did you get the info somewhere?

#1665 4 years ago

So my 2 big issues:
1. The orbits. As many have stated the ball release on the left orbit does not come down smoothly and almost always hits the left sling which is annoying as can be. i haven't really seen a solid solution other than trying to physically bend orbit lanes which I have done before on other games and it is a hit or miss move that sometimes can make things worse and not be un-doable after, so trying to avoid that. Even the right orbit seems to be less than reliable coming out of the pops.
2. I CANNOT keep my projector to maintain focus. It seems that little heel to adjust it keeps moving itself or something. I'll get in there get it focused and within 5 or some games it is out of focus again. It seems to be moving or adjusting as I play the game. No idea how I could make this stop. Anyone else having this issue or have a solution? On top of it they constantly are changing alignment too and having to realign them every now and then. Almost seems like the projector is moving some. Everything seems tight as can be on the mounts.

2 pretty frustrating issues that I just can't seem to find a good resolution to.

#1670 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I ended up taking the door off the focus wheel and it’s been fine. Every time I tried to put that door back on it would adjust the focus a bit.

Good point, maybe that door/cushion thing keeps adjusting it, always a pain getting it right initially but maybe leaving it off will help.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

That’s a good point too. Watch closely when that ball releases from that post. Mines pretty crisp so I think it helps speed up the ball coming down the guide to help keep it away from the sling

I'll try and see, did you adjust any settings related to it to make that happen?

#1673 4 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

I only had issue #2. I put some tape on the focusing wheel to hold it in place and this fixed it.

That was what I was thinking of trying next especially since chuckwurt above is now saying leaving the door off might not help

#1691 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

So to reach back out about the projector. Since putting the door back over the focus wheel tends to move it a bit, adjust the wheel so the picture is a tad blurry so that when the door is put back on it adjusts it slightly and makes the picture crisp. Took me a couple tries and I got it. The door keeps the wheel in place so once you get it, should be good to go.

I had the opposite effect unfortunately. I have twice gone in to focus it, got the cover plate back on without losing that focus then I would say within 10 games it was out of focus again.

#1741 4 years ago
Quoted from Freedom:

Feed to the left misses the sling and drops to the left flipper.

Can someone that this works for record a slow-mo video. Mine never does and I can't seem to find any reason or adjustment to change it, comes out of the post lock there bounces off the orbit and hits the sling 9 out of 10 times. I'm at a loss how to change that I don't see any coil setting for the post and not sure how or why it would matter anyway.

#1744 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No adjustment for the post’s power.

So annoying, mine never works, no idea a solution. It feeds perfect off the left flipper from the burn orbit just never from that release on the left

#1747 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Try adjusting the guide. That’s my only idea.

I tried, beyond bending it super far I don't see it mattering. Again the burn it back orbit shot feeds to the left flipper perfect so if I tweak it too much then that shot is probably going to go STDM. I contacted Stern support for any other ideas, I'm at a loss.
I'm not the only one seeing this am I, seems others said theirs does the same?

#1808 4 years ago
Quoted from CyberNinja24:

However, I also noticed that the metal guide under the right ramp also sticks out into the lane the ball travels. I simply removed the top 2 of 3 screws and slid the metal guide in to the left. This extra room seems to make all the difference in the world. I will try to post a good pic below. With game locked in I also had a really good game and died with extra ball lit. Dooh!

So you slid the metal guide to the left but how did you resecure it then, aren't those screws lined up on the playfield so you couldn't move it? You did nothign with the right orbit metal guide then?

#1897 4 years ago
Quoted from dri:

For the folks in tears over the piss poor projection. A solution has presented itself. This is just a tease. I will provide a more thorough update when this project is done.

Oh do tell more, I hope it's an easy swap! I don't think the projection looks that bad to be honest but this obviously looks WAY better

1 week later
#2279 4 years ago

Anyone install the replacement ramp from Stern yet on LE or Premium? Not sure if it is any different on the pro. Really i have no idea if there is a difference in it I just know I got one from Stern after corresponding with them that I couldn't hit the Demo shot with any consistency.

3 weeks later
#2824 4 years ago

Would be cool if someone could make up these ramp decals like the ones Cointaker has below that would have the UV ink on them!(would love them for each of the side ramps too to protect metal and hide the crappy divots). Some master minded modder figure this out!
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1231-cointakercom/03347-stranger-things-demogorgon-ramp-decal

f4ae8e8adab5df5f6374e8ccc85b12860d870132 (resized).jpgf4ae8e8adab5df5f6374e8ccc85b12860d870132 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#2961 4 years ago

So 2 big questions I have:
1. Is the left scoop eject supposed to actually go around the burn it back loop when it fires or people are just making that tweak to add an extra benefit?
2. Has anyone gotten or replaced their Demo ramp from Stern? I got mine sent and received finally but haven't even looked yet how hard it is to replace or if it actually does help make the Demo shot(which right now mine doesn't work for $Hi&, so I planned on trying it but hoping someone else could confirm difficulty of the swap and if it helped?

Here's to hoping for some more code soon and more Cleland sound added!

#2967 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Mine hasn’t arrived yet. It’s supposed to have instructions with it. Let us know how it goes.

I'm not a good guinea pig, I won't even attempt it until someone else does and confirms it helps.

#2977 4 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

The ramp kits have not shipped yet. I got a bare ramp from them but it's missing the graphics and instructions. Think one group was not talking to another on that one. They ended up having to design a kit for the repair and that's taken extra time. Last I heard it was in manufacturing but given the current situation my guess is months out before anyone gets one

I did check the box I got from them and it is indeed a full ramp kit. It has the new ramp and then a full sheet of all the white screen decals for the game separate.

#2983 4 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

Interesting, for the pro's we only got the ramp. Pablo said the final kit should include the ramp with decal, extra hardware, and full instructions for doing the repair.

This is what I got. No instructions either.... I guess maybe I'll give it a try this weekend
IMG_20200402_073236 (resized).jpgIMG_20200402_073236 (resized).jpg

#3074 4 years ago

Ok can someone with a newer game confirm if their ramp screen looks like this with the hole punch outs in the screen where the rivets are. This is the replacement ramp/decal that Stern sent me. It seriously doesn't have holes in the screen on any other ones does it?
IMG_20200404_212458 (resized).jpgIMG_20200404_212458 (resized).jpg

#3078 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

There’s probably the one with holes for the rivets to make the surface completely flat. Then another white sticker that goes over it that’s all white with no holes. Just like the spot targets. Two separate stickers.

Well that is what they sent me so I don't think so, that is the decal that was given to apply to the ramp. No separate decal to cover the holes.

2 weeks later
#3405 4 years ago
Quoted from raysco:

Is it really just me or is this TK lock horrendous ?

It's not you, I have tweaked it 10 times and followed all the guides and it's still unreliable. Just a crappy mech that is never going to work 100%.

#3414 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

But did your adjustments make things worse? I’ve yet to hear about that happening. That’s why it makes me think Raysco has something else going on with his lock.

Honestly it's one of the odder mechs to make sense of. After I tweak it sometimes it appears it's going to be working better when I first start playing but then soon after or later games it just seems back to the same unreliable mess. I can't say it made it worse but in the end none of the tweaking I have done I don't feel made it better either. I'd say I get 75% of solid shots to stick(this is the tough part to quantify cause a less than perfect shot up that ramp will typically not stick), not horrible but not great either, I just gave up tweaking it hoping better solutions would come eventually.

#3435 3 years ago

Let me just say, I got one of the replacement ramps(although didn't have the correct decals to go with it so I never installed it) but there is still a small gap as you show in that picture. So either the new ones are still faulty or there is something more that is different on them

#3464 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

What fixed my demo shot for good was taking the whole mech out and loosening the screws for the rubber washers that allow the demo head to give. This allowed the head to give more when the ball hits it.

I also added a couple washers to the treaded posts that go through the playfield and hold the backside of the demo bracket down so that the bracket can not lean back as far.

You have any pictures or further details you can provide on this? How hard is it taking that whole mech out? I just seem to break more than I fix when taking apart mechs

1 week later
#3667 3 years ago
Quoted from Makarov:

Wonder if they could have designed it with a mechanism that pops the ball up independently of the ball's speed. That way back handing would work and reaching that point on the ramp would be a guaranteed TK lock. Something like the saucer pop up with a cover for when lock is not lit.

Anything other than this monkey mech would have been better. Constant buzzkill to the game. Along with demo shot for me, neither work reliably enough. Here's to hoping I can get the new ramp soon to maybe fix one of the two.

1 month later
#4170 3 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Yeah, I don't know. Got it off corvair here. He posted his use up and it looks great. Mine is really washed out. I have a buddy that is a manufacturer's rep for audio/video stuff and I just talked to him. He gave me the skinny on this stuff and made some suggestions. I have a link to look at some options and he's going to get me a sample of some stuff that he says is top notch. I think I'm going to try a gray after speaking with him about the properties and physics of this stuff.

If you figure out good solution and make something, count me in as a buyer if you can make more!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Covington, LA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

8,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bemmett.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party?tu=bemmett and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.