20240326_234550 (resized).jpg
20240326_234700 (resized).jpg
20240326_221810 (resized).jpg
Stranger Things Targets (resized).jpg
IMG_3169 (resized).jpeg
chamber (resized).jpg
StrangerThingsProjectorIssue (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #235 ALERT: Be sure to check PRO Ball Lock Post, it can come loose. Posted by chuckwurt (4 years ago)

Post #712 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Replacement rubber info Posted by fooflighter (4 years ago)

Post #1272 TECH: TOYS. Demogorgon adjustment to make less shot rejects Posted by rs812 (4 years ago)

Post #1273 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Projector focus adjustment instructions Posted by rs812 (4 years ago)

Post #1717 TECH: PLAYFIELD. TK lock and deflector adjustment instructions Posted by chuckwurt (4 years ago)

Post #3533 TECH: BOOTING. Fix for Spike machines that frequently have problems booting Posted by C0untDeM0net (3 years ago)

Post #5955 MOD: Stranger Things action button surround and shooter plate Posted by pinballslave (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Waxx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11446 2 years ago

Do UV kits not exist now? They aren't in stock anywhere.

#11450 2 years ago
Quoted from dinot:

I have an order (with a deposit) in with one of their largest distributors. Originally it was May, then July. Now they aren't even being told dates by Stern.

Who’s it with?

#11459 2 years ago

Any advice for adjusting the scoop to fire through the inner orbit a little better?

#11466 2 years ago

It’s seems like an above average amount of people have the flipper fans on STh. If anyone can comment, does it noticeably help?

#11471 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

My game wouldn’t make all the shots without them. They are needed more on the prem than the pro though.
If you’re trying to dial in your TK lock without them, it’s pointless IMO.

Thanks for the input as I have been curious in your streams how you backhand the left ramp on your LE after playing for 30 minutes straight.

#11477 2 years ago

Is there a moment when the shaker goes, like demo or something? I need to test because I don’t think it’s working for me and installing a shaker for the 20th time is pretty easy.

Edit: ran coil test and shaker is not working. That’s a first.

#11481 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Not a good price. People are just brainwashed into thinking more than MSRP is ok these days.

Well at least the cost to them was around 8k now. It’s the best of the current situation.

#11486 2 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

I think it’s a totally fair price. $200 over sticker with the unobtanium UV kit and a couple other solid add ons for a game with a line out the door of people who want a Prem/LE? I would suggest watching one’s ass when dealing with Mr Pinball sales though.

I don’t even look at it after everything I’ve heard about it.

#11503 2 years ago

I'm still waiting to hear if any other dealers got UV kits.

#11505 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Might cave and have to get one of these.
Played this, AV and JP and the sound package is night and day better on this title.
Love Keith's code and Avengers shoots like butter. Amazing shooter.
But, I can't overcome the sound packages on AV and JP.

Unpopular opinion from someone who has owned all 3... i like STh more than AIQ or JP. All good games but I couldn't get into those as much for various reasons. JP with movie assets though is pretty good.

1 week later
#11563 2 years ago

I can’t find a UV kit anywhere either. I have one on order but can’t find one.

#11571 2 years ago
Quoted from WildRover:

Thanks guys - I figured i could just contact support but i got it on a trade so not from a distro. Hopefully with the serial number it'll still be comp'd.

Welcome to the club.

#11582 2 years ago

Huh? He posted an ad and it sold. You didn’t say you wanted to buy it. He didn’t do anything wrong, he actually sold it for much cheaper than he could have.

#11623 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Has anyone hooked up an external sub to this machine? How do you do that?

External sub is a must add mod. I would recommend the Dayton Audio from parts express.

https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/products/pinsub-spike-spike2-stern-kit

#11666 2 years ago

I've played a lot of both and the Prem is not a strict upgrade over the Pro. The TK lock is just not good. If I could get a premium for normal price I might buy it to see if I could make it work well enough but I may also turn it off. The pro plays better in my opinion, the projector is very cool and unique.

I never knew the demo moved until I read the matrix again recently, not impressive.

#11670 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It can’t be understated that the barrier to entry to the premium or LE is extremely steep as far as dialing it in. If your not willing to put hours and hours into getting it to play right, don’t bother trying to find one. It won’t be worth it if everything doesn’t work 100%
At the end of the day the gameplay of this game is solid but not amazing, so the experience around that solid gameplay is what has kept it in my house for this long.

Interesting, I really enjoy the gameplay. I have owned almost all modern Sterns and my enjoyment of NST is higher than most the popular recent titles. That's what makes it interesting though, there's a game for everyone.

Edit: Further, if I didn't love it and had an LE you can guarantee I would have turned it into two Pros and cash already.

#11680 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah. This is the type of game that gets people into pinball.

I love GOT more as well but even after I explain it to someone new at my house their eyes glaze over.

edit: GOT Pro is an all timer for me.

#11726 2 years ago
Quoted from aztarac:

Nice little surprise when I got home from work today. 5 month wait is over - UV kit arrived!!

Yeah, I’m curious where you got it as well.

#11752 2 years ago
Quoted from aztarac:

UV kits hitting ePay - guessing Stern got all the parts in they needed.....
ebay.com link: itm

$410 is steep

#11778 2 years ago

I'm curious if we will ever see similar revisits like GOT and GB now that Stern is so busy looking forward.

#11786 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

400 for an amazing UV mod is "steep" but $600 for a topper is ok? Lol, its only 100 over retail I would jump all over that. BTW i paid 325 for my UV kit from ebay so its worth keeping an eye out...

When did I say $600 for a topper is ok? Also, I thought the UV kit should have been in the game to begin with as the UV ink is already there. Ultimately a 50% markup on accessories is fairly normal now and it is far more impactful an "accessory" than anything else Stern has done.

I have no intention of normalizing the price increases.

#11794 2 years ago

Pinstadium also doesn’t come with plastics and the apron.

#11805 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Pro owners feel it’s not worth it. Premium owners feel it’s worth it.

Eric is joking but correct. The truth is that it’s never worth it but the projector is very cool and most people hate the TK lock.

Play both and decide but I wouldn’t pay 3k more for the same game and a mech that doesn’t work well.

#11814 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

So what is a good price for a premium? Also, what is the swipe a ball feature?
Is it a game people think will br collectible over time like Tron has become?

The game is good and it doesn’t seem like they made that many premiums. This has historically meant high prices.

#11827 2 years ago
Quoted from Razzz:

I'd like to add this mod. Am good with the drops and led strip's. Just need some help with where to get the bracket from?

https://mezelmods.com/collections/stranger-things-pinball-mods/products/stranger-things-pinball-drop-target-upgrade

#11835 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

So what do they look like when they pop up? The picture there ony has a picture of them down. How difficult ro install? Is it worth $55?

I did it on a ST long ago, it looked good and I would say is easy enough to install. I don’t have it in my NST.

#11838 2 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

I totally forgot it was there and didn't even notice it. Mine moves pretty freely though

I never noticed the difference until I read it on the feature matrix. It’s not interesting enough I guess.

#11848 2 years ago

Finally, got and installed a UV Kit.

B486F3B1-6A88-47F3-9C5D-2EF43E44CC09 (resized).jpegB486F3B1-6A88-47F3-9C5D-2EF43E44CC09 (resized).jpeg
#11854 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Follow the instructions. It’s easy.

Just takes a little time. Make sure you have all new rubber/silicone ready if you plan to change them as this is a good opportunity.

#11898 2 years ago

Yeah, I got the pro because I could and don’t care enough about the metal apron but I am curious how they plan to handle the Pro now…

#11926 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

So installed uv kit no go . I tested it in lamp menu doesn’t do anything I have no idea what I did wrong , anyone have any tips that they went through ? That board is getting power it turns red and the apron lights up .. weird

Did you go in the menu and turn on the UV kit? It has a setting that stays off.

1 week later
#12021 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Stranger Things doesn’t exist for me right now. I’m not playing it again until I get my UV kit. Tough love.

Doesn’t Cointaker have them?

#12029 2 years ago

There is a run of Pros slated for November, for now. They keep getting pushed back.

If it’s November then there won’t be a single UV kit left.

#12054 2 years ago
Quoted from FamDocKevin:

Anyone know if they are going to make any more Premiums? They seem to be in much greater demand than the Pro, so another production line of Pros has me scratching my head on this.

No one knows but when they stop making a premium it doesn’t ever seem to go back in the line. I also don’t think there is any on the schedule.

#12069 2 years ago

The others are just season 2 and 3. Licensing anything is incredibly rare in the pinball hobby.

http://www.kylelambert.com/gallery/stranger-things-season-2-poster/

http://www.kylelambert.com/gallery/stranger-things-season-3-poster/

1 week later
#12137 2 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

However, any game built that contains the Insider Connect thing (so any game being built while/after Godzilla is on the line) looks like it could go up a couple hundred. Depends on the distrib is my guess.

Yep, $200 wholesale price increase until the full amount 1/1/22. That said I expect lots of distributors to just try to go to the top now.

#12154 2 years ago

That's how mine works. Cradle up and I can make it most the time. I'm always curious if I could make it more reliable but I haven't played one easier than mine so I think it's the way it is supposed to be.

1 week later
#12332 2 years ago

I’ve been searching this thread and haven’t found anything. I just noticed that my Demo is registering hits randomly by just wailing on the left flipper button (ball in hand). I thought maybe a loose opto or something but I can’t figure out anything.

Anyone have this happen?

#12334 2 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

I’ve been searching this thread and haven’t found anything. I just noticed that my Demo is registering hits randomly by just wailing on the left flipper button (ball in hand). I thought maybe a loose opto or something but I can’t figure out anything.
Anyone have this happen?

Managed to see it for a second in switch test. I get this for a second when just pressing the left flipper button.
90216E47-A0E9-4AFE-94CC-707F4338FA5B (resized).jpeg90216E47-A0E9-4AFE-94CC-707F4338FA5B (resized).jpeg

#12336 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That is the opto right at the top of the demo ramp. Looks like it needs adjustment or cleaning.

It was a bad opto but one of the wires had come off. Had to take off the ramp and plastics. My friend was over and he helped as we soldered it back on. Always nice to have an extra set of hands.

2 months later
#12820 2 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Looking to join the club and was made aware that Premiums are discontinued. For someone that has played or owned both is the gameplay very different between the two (pro vs premium)? Is it worth the hunt for a premium?
Thanks!

Pro plays better but the projector is cool. It is 100% not worth the current price difference.

#12858 2 years ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

i went to three different places today looking for a 1/4 inch hollow shaft nut driver (please tell me if that's the wrong size) but i guess the supply chain is just f*cked. one's coming in the mail soon

Places like Titan Pinball sell them pretty cheap.

#12923 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

So, I jumped in and ordered a Stranger Things Pro about a month ago. I know a run is supposed to be made soon(ish). Anyone know when the pros are back on the line?
I have the UV light kit coming, looking forward to that.
Shame that Stern discontinued the premiums right as they caught fire. Must have been too expensive to build with the projector for whatever reason.

Fantastic game, you will really enjoy it. Just make sure you have a sub and get the alternate music file.

#12944 2 years ago

STh is finally picking up because it was so bad at launch people are just starting to figure out how good it became.

1 week later
#13019 2 years ago
Quoted from MasterBlaster:

I don’t care if I get it in time to put it next to the Christmas tree, but I definitely want it to ship before the next price increase…assuming there is one in January that affects all models.

Anything shipping after 1/1 is going to Godzilla pricing. I am not sure what you were supposed to pay though if you stated that in a previous post.

#13041 2 years ago

New code drop is a good sign that the pro run is on schedule.

I wouldn't correlate the two things together as they just updated Aerosmith code.

#13079 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Would be awesome if they added it to the pro since it’s rare you’ll ever see a prem or LE.

Literally nothing stopping them.

1 week later
#13334 2 years ago

I've had about 5 different kinds of car audio speakers in un amplified Sterns and they all work fine. I think you may be having some other issues.

3 months later
#14615 1 year ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

this is a dumb question but could it just be that the bulb is out?

I am guessing it's LED and it's not replaceable based on most similar projectors i've seen but I'm guessing someone else know the answer.

1 month later
#14963 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Coolest thing about this season is the way they filmed a bunch of stuff when Eleven was little, and used it here. That took a lot of foresight.

Not to spoil the magic but it's actually CGI de aging and face replacement, just done very well.

Season 4 is fantastic 5 episodes in but I was amazed to see today that the major song so far just hit number 1.

#14968 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

The Meg Myers version dosen't sound too different either.

For some reason I always default to the Placebo cover.

#14969 1 year ago
Quoted from hollywood:

I am pretty sure I heard somewhere that each episode of Stranger Things this year cost in the area of 30 million!! I thought GoT was in the 5 million range...

New Amazon Lord of the Rings is something like 60M an episode. Trailer doesn't look that good but who knows?

#15036 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Just saw both Stranger Things and Iron Maiden have been move to the archive section of Stern's website.

Good catch, I just looked recently and saw them I thought.

#15070 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Opinions will vary. My friend and I liked Season 4 enough that we’re going to rewatch it in a few weeks.

I think Season 4 is great. It reminds me of GoT in how they can manage so many interesting sub plots and character combinations.

1 month later
#15378 1 year ago

Proving people have different opinions I will say that my favorite Borg is GotG but Tron and TWD are fantastic. I very much dislike the wood chopping rules of MET.

1 month later
#15860 1 year ago

I hope everyone got a UV kit.

1 month later
#16284 1 year ago
Quoted from BasementFacts:

Hey playing Stranger Things for the first time! Something is bugging me out. Is the ball supposed to hit these spots on the way down when it's hugging the wall? The right orbit return hitting the top of the sling is REALLY bugging me out.
[quoted image]

Not sure where you played it, I assume not in SF as I don't remember one on location.

9 months later
#17710 8 months ago

They would have to make more UV kits too and I wonder what those would cost now. Following topper increases you would think a lot.

#17712 8 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Hopefully the vaults would include them.

Oh man, I wonder what they would charge for that vault. I have never seen Stern leave money on the table or include anything that didn't have to.

1 week later
#17771 7 months ago

I love a Pinside obsession and conspiracy.

#17774 7 months ago
Quoted from WildRover:

Scouts honor I don't have a solid inside answer...but for the fun of the conspiracy game...I think it is being vaulted.

Did you see how Brian Eddy was wearing clothes just like in Stranger Things? Confirmed SLE with little pieces of christmas lights on the apron.

2 months later
#18104 5 months ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

Every game coming from Stern (excepting "home" versions" will have IC.
My question/suggestion would be 1) is the light in the IC reader addressable on/off via game code? and 2) could it be programmed to turn off during the Upside Down (or when the UV lights activate)? There's a potential aftermarket solution to this, too, using a relay and a bit of kit bashing of the IC module lighting. I may give this a go when my ST Prem comes in.

https://www.pinballlife.com/insider-connected-coin-door-relocation-kit.html

2 months later
#18969 3 months ago
Quoted from Svenop:

I tried the 12" monoprice subwoofer for this pin and was underwhelmed. Signal output just wasn't high enough for it to really thump without an additional amp.
I returned it and upgraded to the Polk psw10 and it's a far better experience. I am enjoying the audio experience with Cleland's code

Next time do the Dayton Audio 10 or better yet 12. Cost less and sound better than the PSW10.

https://www.parts-express.com/Dayton-Audio-SUB-1000-10-100-Watt-Powered-Subwoofer-300-628?quantity=1

edit: the psw10 was fine when it was $70 but it's under powered and muddy for current prices.

#18971 3 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Thanks for the tip! I’m gonna try these.

Yeah, I own some of both but haven't bought the PSW10 in at least 5 years as a 50W RMS amp at current prices is awful. It just lacks any responsiveness. The PSW10 is fine and I still use some today but it's not a good value.

Let me know and spread the word if you like the Dayton as Parts Express always have promo codes and discounts.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
8,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
Machine - For Sale
Rogers, AR
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toppers
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Waxx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party?tu=Waxx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.