IMG_3330 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8622 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg
IMG_3764 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #235 ALERT: Be sure to check PRO Ball Lock Post, it can come loose. Posted by chuckwurt (4 years ago)

Post #712 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Replacement rubber info Posted by fooflighter (4 years ago)

Post #1272 TECH: TOYS. Demogorgon adjustment to make less shot rejects Posted by rs812 (4 years ago)

Post #1273 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Projector focus adjustment instructions Posted by rs812 (4 years ago)

Post #1717 TECH: PLAYFIELD. TK lock and deflector adjustment instructions Posted by chuckwurt (4 years ago)

Post #3533 TECH: BOOTING. Fix for Spike machines that frequently have problems booting Posted by C0untDeM0net (3 years ago)

Post #5955 MOD: Stranger Things action button surround and shooter plate Posted by pinballslave (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TigerLaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12914 2 years ago

So, I jumped in and ordered a Stranger Things Pro about a month ago. I know a run is supposed to be made soon(ish). Anyone know when the pros are back on the line?

I have the UV light kit coming, looking forward to that.

Shame that Stern discontinued the premiums right as they caught fire. Must have been too expensive to build with the projector for whatever reason.

#12917 2 years ago
Quoted from palacekeeper:

So... I totally love my Premium and plan to keep it. But now I'm thinking about getting a second pin for the basement. Considering that I really enjoy this pin, what would be a good choice for my next one? Elivara looks pretty interesting. Thoughts?

Give us some ideas about what you like so you get meaningful feedback…otherwise you will just get all of us spouting back our favorite games at you. Here some suggestions for how you can guide us:

Are you brand loyal? (Ie must your next game be a Stern?)
Do you like games with short ball times or long ball times?
Do you like games that have really deep code or do you like games that are super approachable right out of the gate?
Are you able to repair games at all or do you have access to a pin tech who can dial in a game for you?
What sort of themes do you like? Sci fi? Scary? Funny?
Anyone in your family play much with you or do you have friends that play frequently with you?

Answers to questions like that will give you meaningful feedback from people that you can use.

#12919 2 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Must get a set of glows bands/rubbers, awesome under UV.

Very great idea! I’m going to order those now. Wish I would have thought of it on Black Friday.

Anyone know when the new run of Pro machines goes on the line at Stern?

#12925 2 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Just make sure you have a sub and get the alternate music file.

I have the sub, where do I secure the alternate music file? (Feel free to PM me that answer).

Im super pumped to be joining this club. I left the Mando line to join this one initially because I was told the wait would be shorter, but now I’m more pumped for this game than I was expecting to be.

#12935 2 years ago

Hope this helps steer things a bit. Thanks!

Yes, incredibly helpful, I’ve been able to eliminate numerous games based on those answers. Next questions:

1) what is your budget? (Are you a pro, premium, or LE type of buyer)
2) are you only interested in NIB games or might you consider some 90’s classics or even Stern’s from the last couple decades that are not brand new?

Thanks.

#12948 2 years ago

At this point, I'd prefer to focus on NIB games.

So, if you didn’t say this I would have recommended a LOTR machine to you as it fit everything you are saying up to that final comment. I’ll ponder your answers some and PM you my thoughts later.

3 weeks later
#13203 2 years ago

Got the call from my distro this afternoon. My game is shipping out to me tomorrow. Super pumped and glad I got in on this run. I didn’t realize this was the final run this game was going to get.

I’m so tempted to grab a topper…I’m on the fence. What does everyone think about the topper?

2 weeks later
#13590 2 years ago

Made the club and got it set up today. Wish my UV kit made it in, hopefully soon. This game is incredible. The sound system is ridiculously good stock. This is the best sounding Stern from a quality standpoint I’ve heard. ED27F158-159D-41AB-B89A-0057B3460D26 (resized).jpegED27F158-159D-41AB-B89A-0057B3460D26 (resized).jpegE77A58F7-43D6-4809-BC5E-B81591A99752 (resized).jpegE77A58F7-43D6-4809-BC5E-B81591A99752 (resized).jpeg806F0D34-8553-4956-AFA7-506363894972 (resized).jpeg806F0D34-8553-4956-AFA7-506363894972 (resized).jpeg5DCFCA3B-C045-4989-A9E6-CC38460DFACB (resized).jpeg5DCFCA3B-C045-4989-A9E6-CC38460DFACB (resized).jpeg50E24A10-A014-4AF8-A8BE-5CBB8A890636 (resized).jpeg50E24A10-A014-4AF8-A8BE-5CBB8A890636 (resized).jpeg

#13593 2 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Holy cow, through a staircase? One single guy? Granted they are not as heavy as a JJP, but still...

That’s Zukboy2002 He’s super strong… Plus, that dolly down there under the game is an escalara.

#13655 2 years ago
Quoted from flipperstick:

Until Stern can get their invisiglass in I have had to place one from my JJP in to my ST. This got me thinking, I should just buy from JJP since they have some in stock.
Any thoughts on doing this? SHould or Shouldn't?

Get Voodoo glass, it is a better performing product than either JJP or Stern’s anti reflective glass. It is coated on both sides like PDI glass and performs superbly.

#13731 2 years ago
Quoted from Lateralus:

Hey all,
I'm considering purchasing this one. If you could start over or make the best decision, would you recommend I consider the Pro or Premium for this pin?
I'm sure everyone will have their opinion, but is there a huge difference, or would I be happy with a pro?
I've read the Pro is a totally different game. Is that true?
Thanks in advance!

I wanted a premium but couldn’t find one. You can buy a pro for a little more than half the cost of a premium. I’m totally loving my pro. I play it more than Godzilla, which I got at the same time.

1 week later
#13864 2 years ago
Quoted from aztarac:

The last run of Pros is it - ST is done..............

The license may have run out but it could always be renewed, with Stern never say never. They renewed IM’s license twice.

I’m getting a bit worried about the uv light kit I ordered. My distro still hasn’t gotten his shipment…if Stern isn’t going to run any more machines maybe they won’t be ordering more light kits either…that would be a major bummer.

#13883 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The demo mode ladder is a separate game on its own that can be massive points if you can make the mouth consistently.

I’ve hit it in the mouth maybe three times out of fifty games. What can be done to dial it in some?

1 month later
#14261 2 years ago

With Stern canceling all outstanding pro UV kit orders, I had I to order a premium UV kit (glad I was still able to find one). My pro has Stern insider connect, I know the premium UV kit has a metal apron, am I going to have to move the insider connect to the coin door with the premium UV kit?

#14267 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

You can move your QR reader to the studded cutout on the premium apron. You will just need 2 #10 screws to attach the apron to the hangers.

Jodester and Zukboy2002

#14268 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

This is interesting. So, they won't be making the UV kit any longer?

Yes, that is my understanding. Zack first mentioned this publicly on one of his podcasts about three weeks ago (it was in the market trends section at the very end)…I had it confirmed privately. Stern has canceled all outstanding orders for these UV kits (all models) as their license expired and is not being renewed at this time.

Anyone who wants one of these kits needs to get hopping and find one…immediately…they are about to be unicorn tears.

1 week later
#14331 2 years ago
Quoted from Wickedbass:

Great order placed! thanks couldn't imagine owning this pin without this awesome add on.

I feel that this kit is going to be to Stranger Things what the Eli Light kit is to Tron…copies that don’t have the kit will be looked down upon. Shame Stern didn’t pump more out before losing the license.

#14335 2 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

The UV kit has nothing to do with the license. They could make them if they wanted.

That is not what they told their distributors. They’ve told them clearly it was dependent on the license and canceled all outstanding orders for them. They will not be run again by Stern absent a license renewal at some juncture.

#14336 2 years ago

How do you start that bullshit mode? It started in a game the other day, I don’t think I had ever started it before. It’s hysterical.

#14364 2 years ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

Do you guys anticipate any further code updates?

They do need to fix the high score menu…on the current code you can’t scroll over with the flipper to see high scores. A very irritating bug that the operators won’t like either.

#14371 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

They do need to fix the high score menu…on the current code you can’t scroll over with the flipper to see high scores. A very irritating bug that the operators won’t like either.

Hopefully we are not stuck with this code bug now that they are out of license. Something fundamentally similar happened on the final code update with Tron and Stern just left the bug in forever.

#14376 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No. The license has expired. No plans to renew. On to the next game.

After the backlog is caught up with - and it eventually will be - Stern may revisit renewing this license. They are not interested in renewing the license right now because they simply do not need to do a three year renewal just to let the license sit while they focus on order backlogs.

Come 2025 we will see another run or two of this game is my prediction.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Eastvale, CA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Covington, LA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TigerLaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party?tu=TigerLaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.