IMG_3761 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3762 (resized).png
20240410_201325.jpg
abba tk lock (resized).jpg
IMG_3111 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3109 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3108 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #235 ALERT: Be sure to check PRO Ball Lock Post, it can come loose. Posted by chuckwurt (4 years ago)

Post #712 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Replacement rubber info Posted by fooflighter (4 years ago)

Post #1272 TECH: TOYS. Demogorgon adjustment to make less shot rejects Posted by rs812 (4 years ago)

Post #1273 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Projector focus adjustment instructions Posted by rs812 (4 years ago)

Post #1717 TECH: PLAYFIELD. TK lock and deflector adjustment instructions Posted by chuckwurt (4 years ago)

Post #3533 TECH: BOOTING. Fix for Spike machines that frequently have problems booting Posted by C0untDeM0net (3 years ago)

Post #5955 MOD: Stranger Things action button surround and shooter plate Posted by pinballslave (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SonOfaDiddly.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

563 posts in this topic match your search for posts by SonOfaDiddly. You are on page 1 of 3.
#12233 2 years ago

Just spent the last 2 weeks reading this thread top to bottom in anticipation of my NIB LE shipping this coming Friday I restored an F-14 Tomcat during Covid and enjoyed it so much that I got a job after running a consulting firm of my own for 7 years, so that I can buy pins. Can't wait, the family is stoked!

Shooter, Topper, UV Kit and Cliffys are all sitting there, just itching to be installed. My first NIB!

Am I going to need to replace the rubbers? This thing has been sitting in a crate for 2 years...

#12235 2 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

Has anyone received a Pre/LE UV kit recently?

It's funny how many people have the accessories and don't yet have the game, while others have the game and waiting (impatiently) for the accessories. I ordered the topper and UV kit in May. Someday...

I got incredibly lucky and found a tiny distributor in Washington State that had one shooter, one Pro UV kit and one Prem UV kit left. Then I went on cointaker and saw two toppers in inventory, woke up the next day and saw 1, so immediately plunked down the money. I have no interest in flipping this stuff, I want all the bells and whistles

another question: am I going to fuck up the apron decals if i try to transfer the signed one to the UV one?

#12237 2 years ago
Quoted from JakePG:

make sure to update the code

already downloaded it to my PC last night I'm such a dork

3.5 gigs seems like a lot!

#12239 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No. They aren’t decals. They are plastic inserts.

#12243 2 years ago

Pretty glad i put all that work into restoring that POS F- 14. Some of the early posts in this thread about the TK lock had me pretty worried but after breathing life back in to that shambling thing I feel pretty confident that I can adjust that lock and the demo if need be. Besides, sounds like the new ramp cover pretty much solves the problem...

#12245 2 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

I also restored a beat up import F-14 last year and just sold it back in December. This machine is much easier to work on and now that the kinks are well known it's not as much trial and error. Won't be a problem. Early on before the solutions were well known it was quite frustrating even with just the pro. Get the tk lock plastic fix and be prepared to adjust the demo and you'll be golden.

It was a valuable learning experience, but I never want to work that hard on a machine again. Here's everything I did:

rebuilding all 4 flippers
replacing the switch on the Yakov kicker
replacing the left center pocket coil bracket
replacing the left center pocket retaining gate wire
replacing all the incandescent bulbs with LEDs
sending the boards to Missouri for a $300 repair/bulletproofing including installing NVRAM
replacing all the plastics and star posts with NOS
replacing all the rubbers
replacing the Yagov, light lock and spinner stickers
fixing a damaged piece of playfield wood on the right outlane
replacing the rollthrough sensor on the left side lock habitrail
soldering a standup target and an LED back in to place
repairing the pulley system that drives the gumballs on the topper
generally unfucking lots of "field repairs" including stripped screw holes that'd been patched with toothpicks
tightening/locking down all the posts on what has been a very hard routed machine- now it gets to relax as a HUO
dipping the legs in CLR and scrubbing them to new
stripping the paint from the left side and front of the cab, sanding, primering, painting stenciling

172110828_4476061479089122_4776174431214538631_n (resized).jpg172110828_4476061479089122_4776174431214538631_n (resized).jpg172675857_4483338968361373_4885832718675565938_n (resized).jpg172675857_4483338968361373_4885832718675565938_n (resized).jpg
#12247 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Wow! Great work!!

Thanks, was in no way fishing for compliments

also if anyone needs a right side stencil set for F 14 from Pinball Pimp, I didn't use 'em pretty sure this game was up against a pizza oven or a window. the right side was basically pristine, compared to the left side.

EDIT: you want to know what the biggest pain in the ass of the whole thing was? And no, it wasn't the excruciating four color stencil process or undoing literally every bulb harness since mine is an early production run and doesn't have light boards- it was drilling the rivets out of the existing plastics to reuse with the new ones. If someone isn't 3d printing replacement metal-riveted-to-playfield-plastics parts there's a business there I think

#12249 2 years ago
Quoted from Kronnix:

Quick question to the group. Which mods are your favorite? I've got my eye on better back glass art and the 'arcade' sign.

i honestly really like the little road signs that say welcome to and leaving hawkins and the 'speed limit 11' one is cute but not for me

#12269 2 years ago

league finals last night, I qualified 6th overall for the season and then took a 2nd on Jurassic Park and a 3rd on Mando in the semis. then someone who obviously didn't see me play two half billion point warm up games on it chose ST for game three. i think the closest person to me was still down by 200 million when we finished

then took a 3rd on JP, a 4th on Mystic and a 3rd on BK to force a playoff on Mars which I won by 4 million points, to take 3rd overall. pinball ftw

#12293 2 years ago

I am in shock at this but the Stern quality team took a look at the pictures I sent, determined that this is a defective playfield and they are sending me a replacement unpopulated playfield when the next run of pros are done in late nov-dec. Honestly I have only had amazing service from them. Pablo and the entire quality and support teams over there are awesome. A bit speachless to be honest. I was not expecting that

that rules

my game will be here on the 4th

#12348 2 years ago

fuuuuuuuu machine hit LA yesterday. how long can it take to get it to long beach?

#12351 2 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Well the port is really backed up. It could be idling in the water for 4-5 days....not what you want to hear I know.

My wife actually called FedEx for me since we couldn't understand how the machine had made it to LA already. it's on a train TO LA.

Direct quote from the agent: "it'll update if it gets here faster, but don't hold your breath"

So, I guess I'm back to waiting until the 4th. At least there are 2 tourneys to play in this weekend to distract me

#12367 2 years ago

is the LE likely to have the proper left side ramp cover installed from the factory?

#12369 2 years ago

heard some horror stories lately about people unboxing new pins and needing to drop $500 on busted parts right out of the box. really don't want to have to explain that to my wife

#12371 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I doubt that was anything made by stern.

Beatles and Munsters were specifically referenced

#12373 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No way anyone had to pay for parts out of the box. Stern would’ve covered anything that was broken right out of the box. Doesn’t compute with me sorry.

that's good to know. i was a little freaked out that the warranty on a NIB doesn't cover anything but the boards and LCD

#12375 2 years ago

sorry, nib noob here

#12377 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No worries. Don’t like stupid incorrect info get you down. Stern, for the most post, does a great job of making things right.

i didn't work very hard for the money i earned to buy this game but it's still an unusal thing for me to spend this much money

i appreciate your soothing dulcet tones, chuck

#12381 2 years ago

they got right back to me this morning when i emailed them about the TK lock kit. they can't send one without a serial number, but still, very responsive

#12397 2 years ago

could today be the day?

image (3) (resized).pngimage (3) (resized).png
#12432 2 years ago

are there any sweeter words in the english language than 'out for delivery'?

#12433 2 years ago

only got one game in because I finished setup after midnight but the machine arrived in flawless condition, I hit the demo mouth with my first try, and the TK lock works right out of the box

20211005_074342 (resized).jpg20211005_074342 (resized).jpg
#12435 2 years ago
Quoted from king_pin:

Congratulations. Looks awesome!

thanks! my heart fell when i saw it on the skid because someone definitely hit the box with a forklift and there were two gaping holes in the cardboard but thankfully, not a scratch on it

installing the UV kit took forever though. like 5 hours. i was afraid to breathe on anything wrong lol

#12445 2 years ago

oh my god the dimples

like ~50 plays and the thing already looks like edward james olmos

Quoted from Magicmike0:

Beautiful! Where on earth did you find an LE in box?

I'll never tell. too afraid i won't get the same (retail price, no shipping, no tax) deal, if I do

...and I agree. this game should have shipped with the UV kit, for all models. the pilot holes, the wiring harness...it's pretty obvious this should have been a part of every STh

#12447 2 years ago

that powder coat is gorgeous. a friend of mine did their DP Pre in this midnight blue sparkle powder that looks amazing. think it'd translate well to STh

#12449 2 years ago

nnnng

IMG_8945 (resized).JPGIMG_8945 (resized).JPG
#12450 2 years ago

watching the yankees lose to the red sox and playing forty games of STh with my 14 year old has got to be the highlight of my year so far. might have to rethink that whole 'you're allowed to cuss when you play pinball' rule for home application though...and is it wrong that the "knocker" making my wife jump out of her seat every time it hits makes me giggle like a 9 year old?

#12452 2 years ago

i dunno, i have a physical knocker on F-14 so it's represented. i don't mind the *SQUINK* as much as most people do

as long as it sounds like i broke it when i play well, the core experience is intact love the replay animation, too. very quentin tarantino late 70's-y

#12456 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

$650 cool though? Fuck no. That's stupid. Good thing I am stupid too.

#12469 2 years ago

welp. i thought having F 14 in the house was a dangerous temptation. this is a whole other animal...

also I bit the bullet and did the cliffys. really did not enjoy getting those weird anchor bolts out of the shooter lane but at least now it's done!

#12475 2 years ago
Quoted from DustinP:

The dealer has set up an RMA for me to send it to Stern for repair?!?
Worse than that is I am expected to pay the shipping?!?
[quoted image][quoted image]

sorry man. that really sucks

#12493 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Thanks Chuck, premium rules sound cool like that Swipe a ball.

the call out for swiping a ball is Hopper saying 'bitchin!' which rules. sometimes I use it just to hear that

#12501 2 years ago

the people that i talk to about the game don't have any specific complaints but there are a lot of them that 'just don't like the way it shoots'

so far my only real gripe is that the right orbit shot is sort of lame but orbits are my favorite thing to shoot and the left one being through a spinner to a clean flipper return is so awesome that it overshadows the halfbaked right orbit in my mind

edit for a question: I turn my machine on and off a lot and it feels real dumb to get an EB lit on every game, the first time i shoot Burn it Back. what settings are you all using to make sure that doesn't happen? feels cheap to automatically get that 4th ball

#12509 2 years ago

right ramp is the toughest shot in the game for me off of a trap up on the left flipper. if the ball's moving it's easier and sometimes i can backhand it off the right

stalling the ball on the left flipper out of a left orbit return or burn it back or mystery is essential. if you slap it at the center drops you're donezo

also there's no reason to hurry to total isolation. it's not actually very good points or a very interesting mode imho. you're better off completing the modes properly and letting TI happen organically

#12520 2 years ago

https://cointaker.com/products/friends-dont-lie-button-bezel
rs=w_600,h_600 (resized).jpegrs=w_600,h_600 (resized).jpeg

meh

there's this one too
https://wizardmod.com/products/stranger-things-pinball-magnetic-wizemblems

also fairly meh

wizemblemsstrangerthingspinballlockdownbaraccentmagnetic_500x (resized).jpgwizemblemsstrangerthingspinballlockdownbaraccentmagnetic_500x (resized).jpg
#12521 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

To be fair. Most I play on location shoot terribly.

i just got what you meant here Chuck and i agree. my league pinbar has the right orbit set up so that you have to slap save off the tip of the left flipper every time it returns, and the ball hits the top of the left sling coming out of the left orbit. no wonder people think it's hard

#12528 2 years ago

adhesive on my shiny purple LE lockdown bar? heaven forfend

#12540 2 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

In Sterns v1.02 announcement they say:
This dynamic code update includes numerous game enhancements including the brand new Demogorgon bomb feature available across all models and the exciting new swipe-a-ball feature available only on the Premium and LE models.

yeah but i don't think the game explicitly refers to it as that ever

#12545 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Is there a demo bomb call out or anything in game visual or audio based to que it’s use?

not really, just the lockbar button glowing red. the game doesn't explain it or refer to a Demogorgon bomb at all, nor swipe-a-ball, as far as I know

#12547 2 years ago

i mean i just finished watching the first two seasons of the show for the first time this week, and D and D is such a tiny part of it; i'm surprised how much the game theme and mods lean into D20s and stuff? maybe it changes in season 3? i dunno

#12559 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Agreed. I haven't purchased Stern's lighted dice mod for that exact reason (well, that and the new outrageous pricing). I have never played D & D in my life so what little I know about it has come from the small amount that has popped up in the show.

it could be the fact that D and D is mostly open source and free to license (the shooter is super rad, though, everyone comments on it)

#12568 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

That’s good to know thanks Chuck hopefully my use of swipe-a-ball is as clever as I think and everyone likes the Prem/LE surround

was thinking about this as i played some this weekend and something with the wrist rocket would be a good indicator of what the 'Demogorgon Bomb' does in game...

#12569 2 years ago

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/the-upside-down-75810

could be a rad topper for the game and a lot cheaper than the official one

Screenshot 2021-10-18 150307 (resized).pngScreenshot 2021-10-18 150307 (resized).png
#12586 2 years ago

whenever i have a good TK multi and get add-a-ball i always seem to get three balls stuck behind the left orbit return post. that mech can't handle a good TK multiball :/ i've had to resort to putting the balls behind the demogorgon drops to try to salvage some games. i hate that your ball times out if you take to long to unstick. also getting stuckies under the wire leading to the pops, irritating.

#12589 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

What do you mean that multiple balls are stuck there? The post doesn’t clear them?

sometimes, when i get a three or four ball multiball going and a lot of balls are feeding to the left orbit through burn it back, the post drops but no ball comes out. so the post fires and fires until it displays an operator error and the game kicks out a chase ball, which only makes things worse when it gets stuck. two balls there is no issue during, say, trap 'em, but 3 or more has bound it up 3 times now, leaving me short on what were some really good games. i'd hate to kill my family's burgeoning interest in flipping because something like that happens on the best game of their lives.

game is level with a ball roll test and a phone app bubble level on the playfield test. no other real issues except the one i mentioned about limp d*ck shots sometimes getting stuck under the right orbit wire. it's not that big of a deal but it's a little irritating. sometimes the game takes a long time (3-5 seconds) to register a drain, and as you hit shots in order that stack things up like mystery mode and EB i feel like sometimes the ball sits in the saucer or behind that left side drop post longer than it's meant to and that causes problems. is there some way to speed that up, lol?

#12591 2 years ago

i mean, it's happened 3 times in like 250 plays...i'll probably let it go for now it's literally only happened with TK multiball + Mystery Add-A-Ball.

come to think of it, if i relaxed the tilt bob a little i'd probably be able to shake the balls loose without having to pop the latches and drop the glass...

#12593 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Probably getting stuck here and then the multis stack up to the right.
[quoted image]

yeah, that is almost certainly it. i'd hate for it to affect a good score- how would one fix that?

actually, now that i think about it more- to get that last stuck ball i've had to go under the left side of the ramp and sort of flick it back towards the demogorgon, meaning that the ball is actually hanging up against the post itself. There's an opto there, so I wonder if a ball is getting hung up in the spot you posted, then the post drops, but the opto beam is still broken, so it thinks it didn't let a ball out, so it keeps firing itself without the opto clearing, until it thinks it's a malfunction.

#12595 2 years ago

in any case, thankya for the suggestions. I am trying to minimize how often i go under the glass on this thing but i will take a closer look if/when the damn TK lock warranty kit ever gets here!

#12600 2 years ago

bought my topper from cointaker on September 8. just got shipping confirmation today.

they did upgrade the shipping to FedEx so good on 'em for that

#12609 2 years ago

My problem is I tend to try and maximize the modes

it's worth it though. i've deliberately rushed to TI1 a few times- maybe 6 or 7 in the 250 plays we've put on it- but those games were not good scores. taking your time with the modes is utterly worth it

#12633 2 years ago

fedex guy JUST barely beat the monsoon

20211025_121430 (resized).jpg20211025_121430 (resized).jpg
#12650 2 years ago

me to my wife: man that topper is cool. my wife to me: was it worth the money? me: hell no. nothing in pinball is worth the money

#12653 2 years ago

manual says it's this projector PROJECTOR, NANNING WINTOP INT'L TRDNG, MODEL S6000

I haven't been able to buy one but I would love to pick up a spare that isn't part of a $700 assembly from Stern

possibly this? https://www.tradewheel.com/p/portable-audio-video-cd-player-video-280622/

#12654 2 years ago

kinda wish there were some callouts like the sneak in bonus on CFTBL when things like going backwards through Burn it Back or falling into the pops from the left orbit shot happen

#12680 2 years ago

i have my machine by the front door and i usually turn it on during baseball games to play during pitching changes and such and it was pretty gratifying that so many kids trick or treating last night a) knew what it was and b) thought it was cool

didn't want to be the creepy dude inviting them in to play, though, so they had to observe from afar

#12682 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Next year put it out in the garage or driveway! We do that sometimes.

NOT THE PRECIOUS!!!!

hell, we're hosting thanksgiving and considering the way my relatives liked to beat on F-14 playing 4 player games for three hours straight i might have to put STh on coins

...i know it's stupid and i love that my wife is playing the game because she LOATHED F-14, but i wish she'd...try more? it kind of sucks to see twenty games worth of wear a day put on a brand new game because someone just smashes the ball as hard as they can every time they get a chance. that's why i could never be an operator, ever. still, much rather she play it than not. that's why i bought it!

#12684 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’d get over that phobia as quick as possible if I were you. Games are supposed to be played. A lot. These games can take a beating. Just keep up with cleanings and maintenance and it will last forever.

working on it. i don't generally buy 11 thousand dollar toys so this is new to me

it's hard not to take the glass off every time i see a fleck of dust on a ramp lol

#12687 2 years ago
Quoted from JakePG:

surprised you don't have a phobia of shattering the glass all over the table taking it off that much

oh i do! haha

i'm just gonna do what Stern recommends. clean and wax every 500 plays, replace balls when i see visible wear and que sera, que sera.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah I was one of the lucky ones that paid original NIB prices for mine, so I get it.

same (I still have no idea how or why my distro let it go for the price they did) topper, shooter, UV kit, cliffys, new balls, renting the truck to move it from Long Beach etc. put it at around 11k total. we had to bump up our insurance coverage at the house lol

oh also forgot $40 for an Ooze Canister for the buddy that hooked up the deal to add to his TMNT

#12688 2 years ago

is this ghosting?

20211101_115635 (resized).jpg20211101_115635 (resized).jpg
#12691 2 years ago

i notice it on at least half the inserts, but i wouldn't have even known to look for it if not for this thread

#12709 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

That is heartbreaking.

#12722 2 years ago

TK lock kit came. it looks more complicated than i thought- i'll have to remove that whole Eleven assembly- and the kit only came with one plastic spacer. :/

#12726 2 years ago

first girl scout meeting in a very long time at the house tonight. it's league night so i don't get to be there but it'd be fun to watch the kids squee over the machine i'll have to check the audits before i leave and see how much they play

#12728 2 years ago
Quoted from Initiative:

make 'em pay $2 per game. lol

im saving that one for the drunken relatives at thanksgiving

#12730 2 years ago
Quoted from Initiative:

ahh good call there. do our F14s allow for $2 games too?

Well, i sold F-14 to another pinsider. He had so much fun playing F-14 the last time they were here that my cousin went home and bought a Hurricane two days later. Unfortunately his 12 year olds don't gaf about it so it may be on the market again soon

looks like the most you can charge for F-14 is fifty cents
f 14 pricing (resized).pngf 14 pricing (resized).png

#12733 2 years ago

trip report: once i realized i had the right tools the tk lock warranty cover install was not too bad. worst part was finding something to lift up the back of the playfield while i got that back left bolt out. so far, i don't see a big difference, but at least i think i can finally quit monkeying with my machine

#12735 2 years ago

yeah my topper had a bent corner and is pretty clearly a refurbished return- the inside of the glass is all smudged and fingerprinty. what are you going to do

#12749 2 years ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

Hope you get your game and a whole lot of "Bullshit!" My favorite mode

seen it 3 times in 500+ plays lol

is 11 even coded?

#12753 2 years ago

also, you know if you have the new part or not if there is a metal piece riveted to it. the replacement ramp cover doesn't have it.

1 week later
#12809 2 years ago

4 hours of continuous 4 player games and she's still working like a charm. long live NIB pins

#12833 2 years ago

starting to think that i'm never gonna break a billion unless i move the outlane pegs to the middle spot

#12839 2 years ago

oh, the modes are definitely where the scoring is at and yes, the bottom lanes are maybe more important in this game than in any other i can remember playing

even TK mulitball and total isolation don't really score very well. nothing like looking up at the end of a two minute long multiball to see like 90 million points lol

part of me wants to leave the pegs where they are because i'm pretty sure the day i make it to the final showdown/snow ball i won't want to play the game any more

edit: also the game is different than most in that you want to score big on ball 1 to carry the bonuses over to every other ball, so there's added pressure right away. i really, really suck at this game at league because it's set up just a little different than mine at home and it really throws me off

#12841 2 years ago

there definitely seem to be two paths in the game- TK MB/Demogorgon/center drops for casual bangers and then "everything else" for people that play for score

my wife has played probably a hundred games now and every time Hop says 'complete the bottom lanes to light mystery' she says I DONT KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS even though i have sat there and showed her what it means fifty times lol

#12843 2 years ago

i hate shooting the center drops and will very rarely aim for them. demogorgon modes are just something that happen for me

i will sometimes rush to Bust Out if i accidentally start the first demodog mode, though, since it sucks so hard to try to do with one ball

i like quarter hunt, get me out, turn up the heat, morse code and what mama says for mode points

i mean like...the third demogorgon mode is awful. in theory if you have 2x scoring going yeah it's like 200 million for 3 shots. in reality it's bashing the demogorgon 15 times over the course of 2-3 minutes just to survive the mode

#12846 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’ve gotten 180 million on that many times.

i haven't

#12848 2 years ago

no.

#12850 2 years ago

enjoy it, i've literally only met one person that doesn't like it and they can't articulate why, just 'don't like how it shoots'

#12852 2 years ago

just changed the pegs to the middle. did not expect it to be as much of a bitch as it was. why would they drill the holes that small?

#12854 2 years ago

its already got a lock nut on the bottom. gotta be a better way to do that. that should be a simple adjustment and its not

im not really looking for answers, just bitching thought that'd be an easy tweak and it was not, is all

#12857 2 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

It's not too bad if you have the right size hollow shaft nut driver. But definitely would suck without it.

i went to three different places today looking for a 1/4 inch hollow shaft nut driver (please tell me if that's the wrong size) but i guess the supply chain is just f*cked. one's coming in the mail soon

#12859 2 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Places like Titan Pinball sell them pretty cheap.

yep, was hoping not to have to wait for one but i just found one on amazon. like $7. it'll be fine until that gets here

#12861 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Use the hollow shaft of a 6/7 in 1 screwdriver.

i went through all of my wife's and my tools and we have nothing that can grip the weird ass nut at the bottom of the topside of the post. tried needle nose pliers and locking pliers and i cant get a tight enough grip because the post turns one way and the nut under the table turns another. just gonna wait for the nut driver, like i probably should have in the first place. thanks though!

I RESTORED THE WHOLE GOD D*MN F 14 WITHOUt NUT DRIVERS FFS ITS BAD ENOUGH I HAVE TO BUY ONE FOR THIS SILLY ADJUSTMENT lol (i'm not mad, though, really. I definitely did not just spend 4 hours doing an imperfect job adusting my outlane posts)

#12863 2 years ago

i can't spend any more time on it today. i feel myself getting to the "frustrated enough to bang shit around" mode, which doesn't bode well around an expensive LE pinball

also, something that has never happened to me before, taking those posts out with needle nose pliers- my dominant hand locked up in to a claw and i couldn't get it to release for like five minutes. kind of scared the shit outta me. so i'm done working on the pin for the day lol

#12865 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

This little dude from Titan works great for gripping those (as well as the top of posts just under a plastic so the post and nut don’t come off together when removing plastics).
[quoted image]

that is bad ass. ordered. thank you. i love this thread.

#12868 2 years ago

If you're bashing the demogorgon in that mode then you may want to look at adjustments. Non multiball demogorgon modes are not timed so get control of the ball then sink the mouth shot. Good points for and even better with 2x going.

the first shot on the demo mouth literally always goes in and then it's a crap shoot. im guessing i need to tilt the head more forward since i tend to airball and smack the glass when i miss but unless the whole demo assembly comes off with those two nuts under the playfield im not sure i want to fuck with it that much.

putting some downward pressure on the arm the ball rides to the TK lock magnet has made a large difference in how often i hit that lock, though, now that kind of ease of adjustment i can get behind haha

#12870 2 years ago

flipper fade on the first ball?

I can make the TK lock reliably after 4 hours of basically continuous play so I'm not convinced that's it

#12879 2 years ago

yeah man, the dimpling is very very very bad. very bad. im still waiting for it to even itself out after like 750 games. and there are a couple of huge-ass craters on the PF as well. poor Nancy seems to get the worst of it.

i still haven't experienced the flipper fade though. im not talking sh*t about pinmonk or those of you here that have mentioned the fans either but I asked a guy thats been opping/routing machines for more than 30 years what he thought about fans for the flipper coils and he looked at me like i was insane

Steps are remove the demogorgon from the machine

is it just the two nuts on the underside of the playfield? i'm definitely not feeling taking all the plastics and stuff off. maybe raising the back legs a few turns would help

#12881 2 years ago

i'm having a lot of fun without being able to hit the demogorgon regularly so its hard to imagine having MORE fun but i'll try

between that and the outlane posts maybe i can put up a competitive score.

i utterly mangled that outlane peg with the pliers getting it out and then back in and very nearly screwed up the rail with my tools, too. never should have bought an LE, should have stayed with junkers. too afraid to hurt it

20211201_132555 (resized).jpg20211201_132555 (resized).jpg

i tried to experience flipper fade. 4 total pinball newbs beat on the machine for 4 hours on thanksgiving and then i stepped up, short plunged to the right flipper and nailed the TK lock on the first try. im not saying it doesnt exist, im just saying i haven't experienced it.

#12883 2 years ago

'preciate it. i read through the thread before i got the machine but couldn't discern how to get the lil' guy outta there.

#12886 2 years ago

pulled the spacers and the stopper under the demo's chin and set a new GC just screwing around playtesting. i guess being able to collect those supers makes a difference after all lol

first i just pulled the spacers- actually, they jumped out of the machine as soon as i removed the demo and are now probably part of the pop bumper assemblies- but then the demo just rested its chin on the stopper and wouldn't vibrate when the solenoid hit. i could not get the screw for the stopper undone so i just carved the top off with a knife

thanks for all the assistance! now i have to relearn to play this thing

EDIT: yeah, wow. that is...substantially more fun. i just almost missed a fairly important meeting haha

#12888 2 years ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

Has anyone installed a playfield protector on their game? If so how hard was the install on this game, and how does it play with a protector on there. Im considering putting one on my new game before I even play it to keep it from dimpling so badly. Maybe remove it after a few months once the clearcoat has hardened up all the way.

dude my LE sat in the box for 18 months between its built date and when i unboxed it and the playfield looks like a navel orange up close after 750 games. how long do you plan to give that clearcoat to harden up?

#12890 2 years ago

what is the concern with dimpling, aesthetic? monetary? mechanical? first time NIB guy here, if this is helpful:

as for the first, the dimpling is not noticeable at all in a well lit room. i, however, am the perfect height apparently to see every divot when the game is in a dark room with the topper and UV going. it doesn't bother anyone that doesn't know to look for it, though. (as a side note, seeing the topper reflecting off the ball, is rad as hell)

as for the second, im not sure what to tell you. if someone wants to pay a thousand bucks less for a HUO machine because the playfield is dimpled they're gonna look for a long time to find that deal.

as for the third, there is no noticeable effect on play. had the glass off the other day clacking around and it isn't like the ball is rolling on cobblestones or something, it is purely aesthetic.

#12894 2 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballFuries:

It doesn’t bother me and you don’t notice it unless you look for it.

yep!
20211203_164617 (resized).jpg20211203_164617 (resized).jpg

#12898 2 years ago

i mean... i was looking at the area under the triangle turn on the left ramp, back behind Mystery. some very very big dimples there that aren't likely to even out any time soon

i super sweat every single wrench turn on this machine for fear of messing something up but dimples are literally out of our control. the only way to avoid it is to leave the game in the box

#12900 2 years ago

At the end of the day we are smacking very heavy balls using very powerful flippers around a very small playfield. I'm just glad the glass hasn't broken on this machine lol

the 30 year op also told me he's never seen glass broken by a ball so breathe easy

i had the jakov kicker on my first machine, now STh haha

#12902 2 years ago
Quoted from palacekeeper:

So... I totally love my Premium and plan to keep it. But now I'm thinking about getting a second pin for the basement. Considering that I really enjoy this pin, what would be a good choice for my next one? Elivara looks pretty interesting. Thoughts?

elvira, godzilla, deadpool are my shortlist for the next one

#12968 2 years ago

make sure all 5 screws- especially the 2 wood screws that go into the cabinet- on the rod assembly are seated properly, too, I had a similar issue when i rushed to play and realized i hadn't installed it properly initially. all 5 of those screws should be as flush as possible to ensure the right position for the shooter. if it doesn't feel like you could use the shooter rod to lift the machine (don't do that) it's probably not installed properly.

#12970 2 years ago

i bought my shooter and UV kit from these guys, and they appear to be in stock RN

https://www.kpbilliards.com/categories/pinball_accessories/917319000008202091?pf=1387035000002043231_Brand_Stern

#12973 2 years ago
Quoted from palacekeeper:

I just called them to verify it was indeed the factory UV kit, and she said that they actually do not have them, and that she hasn't had a chance to correct the website yet. Just an FYI. Thanks for sharing, though - it was worth a shot!

ugh, sorry about that. the lady was very helpful with me on chat and stuff back in October when verifying it was the LE kit i was getting, etc.- they have pretty good service for what looks to be a small shop

#12981 2 years ago

pretty good game just now

20211210_162128 (resized).jpg20211210_162128 (resized).jpg20211210_162130 (resized).jpg20211210_162130 (resized).jpg20211210_162135 (resized).jpg20211210_162135 (resized).jpg

started total isolation with 2x scoring lit. had all 6 balls on the table at once

1 week later
#13025 2 years ago

yup what chuck said. you're gonna have to pull the demo and remove the spacers

do it now. it makes it a different game

#13045 2 years ago
Quoted from DarlingLuci:

This is what I was wondering too. Unless they release a specific kit for it, it looks like a you have to buy the insider kit, disassemble it, Dremel the uv apron, then Frankenstein it together.

makes my decision about whether to buy it or not a lot easier

#13067 2 years ago

i'm real excited about that bug fix. i keep getting better at the game- actually made a mini wizard mode the other day- and the thought of not getting to see the Snow Ball because of a bug was not something i was looking forward to having happening

is there a reason i would buy insider connected for my house, beyond wanting to have all of the pieces they made for the game/completionism? it's cool but i'm not sure 60-something cheevos on STh justifies letting Stern in my house to track my playing habits. they already know where i am 3 nights a week and for how long and how much i spend on coin drop

#13069 2 years ago

meh. competing on different machines isn't really competing imho. the same problem i have with pindigo and scorbit

#13085 2 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

I know it's from Season 3, but it would be cool to have the Dusty-Bun + Suzie-Poo Neverending Story song in there somewhere. Maybe as an alternate for the end credits.

that was easily the cheesiest and most unnecessary part of the whole season

Insider Connected is for Stern, not for you, sillies think of the data they'll be able to package and resell

#13087 2 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

I'd like to update code but hesitant as I have zero interest in being online or the insider sales model.
I'm skeptical I will be railroaded into it if updating the code somehow. Am I totally wrong? Can I just get the bug fixes and leave all the insider crap out of my game?

yeah i mean without the hardware there's no functionality, if you download the latest code and don't have the QR reader then you're fine

#13091 2 years ago

opened my game up, loosened the nuts on the tk lock solenoid and pulled the mech a little towards the demogorgon. still not getting 100% TK lock- although it's much much better- but at least the ball isn't rejecting STDM if it gets pinched

i wish there was a way to manually adjust the timing so that the solenoid would fire just a little sooner...

#13097 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Just got my tracking number. ETA 12/27. WOOT!

happy new year!

#13100 2 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

Do you have the ramp cover upgrade kit installed?

i do. but i'm 100% convinced that the problem when I don't make the lock is the mech closing too far over. the adjustmet I made today helps a lot- I probably widened that gap by 1/8th of an inch- is there something particular I should do with that upgrade kit? from what I can tell neither the ball nor the diverter are contacting the cover.

the most frustrating part is that some absolutely milquetoast halfass rickety shots to that ramp ride the diverter to the lock just fine and dead on full power shots get pinched. that's why i thought it might be down to the timing- the 'play' in the mech that would allow the ball to push against the guide rail on the diverter and make it to the magnet doesn't seem to happen quite right every time.

#13102 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The ball is 100% contacting the cover. If you don’t believe me, take it off. Haha.

so pull the cover more over to the left side of the game?

#13105 2 years ago
Quoted from blizz81:

Dang. I've never considered a pinball shot might be categorized as milquetoast before today but I'll be damned if I won't spend the rest of the day considering whether the majority of my shots are milquetoast...

lol you know what I mean. a janky ass shot that rattles the ramp but still makes it

#13107 2 years ago

moved the cover all the way to the left and adjusted the threaded bumper that controls where the ramp deflector solenoid sits when it's in a neutral position; I had been missing the part of the bulletin where it's supposed to touch the plastic in front of it when it's not energized.

just played two or three games and hit 80% of the locks with one flying past the magnet for the first time ever. I feel like i deserve to miss the ones i miss and i accomplished my main goal which was having my wife be less pissed at STDM rejects where the ball rode halfway up the mech

thanks for the assistance as always!

20211222_151704 (resized).jpg20211222_151704 (resized).jpg
#13109 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You don’t want it to touch the plastic at rest. You want it about 1mm off it at rest. Definitely not that far away like your pic.

yeah that is the before pic. I'm gonna put a few dozen games on it in a bit with some buddies here and we'll see how it goes!

#13111 2 years ago

i mean, not every shot that goes up the ramp is going to lock. the ones that i milquetoast or backhand aren't locking, as expected, which is what i mean by 80%. i haven't had one rejected yet that i didn't feel deserved to be rejected, and even so it still goes through the lane rather than rolling back down the ramp

#13116 2 years ago

sometimes i feel like the TK lock worked better straight out of the box before i installed the kit *shrug*

#13131 2 years ago

man. and here i was hoping for like, a new monitor

#13133 2 years ago

i wouldn't say that stranger things shakes HARD but it definitely shakes...wide? there are a lot of times when it's shaking, is what i mean.

#13145 2 years ago

I ordered the topper from cointaker and it went back out of and back in stock three times before mine actually shipped. I'm with Chuck. Don't buy it if it's not in stock. These distros don't need interest free loans from all of us.

#13166 2 years ago

if you don't have the hardware there's nothing for them to watch through
if you do have the hardware just don't connect it to the internet

if youre not bothered by stern tracking your play and spending then you clearly aren't in marketing working for an algorithm already

#13177 2 years ago

1.05 probably released as it was on the truck

#13183 2 years ago

wife has had a sinus infection since the end of christmas day so i haven't been playing out of consideration; all these people getting their machines has me itching to play mine again!

the last time i played it was last Wednesday- i spent most of the morning adjusting the TK lock and the game plays so much better now that the occasional reject doesn't roll back down the ramp and STDM- i was actually sweating pretty hard that my buddy was going to take my GC

#13188 2 years ago

ngl this one game i got to play just now felt pretty good

20211228_130956_01 (resized).jpg20211228_130956_01 (resized).jpg
#13204 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I’m so tempted to grab a topper…I’m on the fence. What does everyone think about the topper?

i think it's rad and adds a lot, but it isn't worth the money if you go strictly by the BOM and it does distract from gameplay a bit, especially in a dark room. it's very very very cool though and i would buy it again in a heartbeat.

#13268 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

My left down post keeps firing and then the error says it’s malfunctioning. Anyone have this issue?

occasionally, when balls stack up behind that post during multiball, my game will have an issue where a ball does not get kicked out due to how the next ball behind it settles against the lower ball guide. this is usually only an issue during 4 ball multiballs and happens extremely rarely if and when 3 or more balls are in the mystery shot at the same time. if the post fires and fires and no ball kicks out, the game will display the operator error you're seeing. it doesn't happen often enough for me to justify taking the left ramp apart to fix it- most of the time you can just nudge the table for a warning or two and the situation will right itself.

#13283 2 years ago

i've got quite a new year's eve planned- gonna try to get to Final Showdown while i watch Phish play three sets on their youtube channel and get progressively more hammered. happy new year, party members!

#13287 2 years ago

^^ always thought those were the best of the aftermarket blades; nice and clean looking

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yay! We’re watching too! I went to MSG with my wife for the first time in 2019 and it was fucking amazing.

i saw them somewhere between 40 and 50 times throughout the midwest in the 90's. never saw a bad show! sucks that there's no crowd but i'm glad they're doing it this way. enjoy!

#13338 2 years ago

balls didn't look TOO bad but i changed em out after 1019 plays anyway

a little over 11 plays a day since it came home. is that good? bad? i have no idea. probably 3/4 of them are mine

#13344 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I had a good game. It was a lot of fun. The final showdown is going to be hard as hell to get to
[quoted image]

nah it wont be that bad just try to start a lot of modes. the EB for starting 4 modes is key

#13348 2 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Anyone know when you should replace them?

idk, i just picked 1k games as a happy medium between 500 and the 5k the manual recommends. it's a pretty cheap piece of maintenance- 6 ninja pinballs from mezel mods, shipped, is like $20

probably overkill but it's an LE. i feel a responsibility to keep it nice

#13366 2 years ago
Quoted from Flash71:

chuckwurt enlighten me on the MXV skill shot again. Is it lit second to last drop then left saucer ?

it's any lit arrow drop target to the saucer

so the three are lit drop target, saucer, or lit drop target to saucer

you get three switch hits to make the arrow or saucer, unless you hit the right inlane switch, which deactivates all skill shots

sorry Chuck didn't mean to steal your thunder

#13373 2 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

What are the thoughts on the game and how it will fit in with my current collection? I am trying to choose from Elivra (Prem), Stranger Things (Pro/Prem), Star Trek Prem/LE. I will buy one of these 3 but they are all hard to get right now.
Thanks

with STh it really just comes down to the cabinet art- it's all pretty much fine, imho- and then the two (1) unique mech(s)- the projector (not really a mech) and the TK lock. the projector doesn't affect gameplay at all and the TK lock really doesn't affect gameplay much either- a couple of extra X bonus modes and swipe a ball, and sometimes you get a clean return to the left flipper from a lock instead of fighting the auto launch- but both of them have the pinball cool factor in a way that no other machine has had since both mechs are unique. when non pinball players see those features it makes them want to play, ime, so if that's important, consider it. this is an aside but i think the sounds on Star Trek would get grating to play after a while, but that's just me.

it has a very similar layout to attack from mars but a very different flow. you have monster bash and mars in your top 5, though, so its gonna come down to price and wow factor. which theme do you like best? that's the machine i'd go with. if it's gonna be Stranger Things and you can save 3 grand on a pro vs a prem get the pro. i believe the current, last run of the game is pro only so unless you want to pay an exorbitant flipper markup that's your NIB right there.

#13378 2 years ago

the cutout on the prem apron is on the lower, for some reason terrible quality insert card, yes? so that you don't lose the "worst/weirdest episode in the series" artwork

#13381 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Which episode is that? We're rewatching again soon in preparation for the new season...it'd be good to know where I shouldn't waste my time.

it's the "11 in the big city" episode where 11 and The Gang decide not to become superheroes? or something? it did give us the What Mama Says mode, though, which i have to say is the only animation in a pinball i can remember that includes a crying infant and a c-section incision in full color on the LCD

#13382 2 years ago

it's the most first world problem ever but before i updated code, when you turned the machine on, the animation of steve throwing a molotov cocktail would play just before the machine ran the light test, so it looked like he was setting the playfield on fire. the timing got screwed up with 1.05 though and that doesn't happen any more :/

#13387 2 years ago

i know that we're not gonna solve the contentious issue here but if i were a retailer i'd probably get pretty sick of leaving money on the table by strictly selling stuff at MSRP so some flipper can profit off of some misguided sense of business ethics

the solution is clearly for $tern to do a round of VC to start another production line and get rid of the false scarcity problem in pinball. just make enough for everyone to buy!

#13390 2 years ago

i'd just hate to see pinball become shoes, another ludicrous hobby i used to participate in

people have bots that have bots now so they can win a lottery to buy a $100 pair of LE Dunks and flip them for $1200 on the secondary market. normal people that want to buy stuff have no chance and it's by design.

#13469 2 years ago

i've also wondered what it would take to give up my LE- two NIB pros would probably do it. my family would also be very, very upset.

#13471 2 years ago

it'll be interesting to see what happens to the value of these games with two more seasons of the show coming out. weird that stern would choose not to re up the license when the show's only 60% through its run

maybe we'll get a sequel Even Stranger Things

#13474 2 years ago

I did install cliffys, which includes a protector for the drop bank but I've had it on since like the first 4 plays so I have no idea what it'd look like without it. same with the drain protector

#13476 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No need for either imo.

first time parent syndrome

#13484 2 years ago

I thought season 4 was it. Or you mean 2 more on top of the first 2 that the game is based on?

i don't think whether it'll be 4 or 5 seasons has been confirmed yet

#13497 2 years ago

^^^ i have some issues with that Mystery post, as well. sometimes- not every time, so i can't diagnose it without taking the left side ramp off and i really don't want to, either- but sometimes, when i get 3 or 4 balls in the Mystery shot during a multiball, they'll somehow hang up and not kick out properly; there's a weird gap that I can feel with my finger that the first ball gets stuck in when other balls are stacked up behind it, on the underside of the left side ramp. It only happens sometimes, but when it happens during TI and you're the only one home it can really kill a career game quickly. is there an operator setting that will let me open the coin door and take the glass off without the game counting it as a drain? when something like this happens at league, the TD would just put the balls back in the shooter lane...

Quoted from Ive:

Why ….. why …. why is your favourite mode on a game always the one you seem to start the least often , and then when you do you crash and burn
I’m looking at you Quarter Hunt

looping the ramps in this game is hard. the right side ramp is one of the hardest shots for me to hit in pinball, period. from the inlane, from Burn it Back, from a trap- i'm just massively inconsistent. and the demodog target on the left side of the front of that ramp is a freaking death shot off the left flipper

#13501 2 years ago
Quoted from Pot8er:

Mine happens even with a single ball. Do you know the pitch of your play field? Mines right in the middle on the level but I plan to make it steeper.

the first is with the top of my phone touching the middle two drop targets, sitting on the playfield; the second is the side rail level

Screenshot_20220111-095928_Bubble Level PRO (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220111-095928_Bubble Level PRO (resized).jpg
20220111_100007 (resized).jpg20220111_100007 (resized).jpg

i doubt very much that either of those is totally accurate i used to keep my F-14 at 8.5 degrees and i'm here to tell you that that STh ain't at 8.5 degrees

#13504 2 years ago
Quoted from Pot8er:

Gotcha thanks! I can still use my phone level as a point of reference to dial it in even if it’s not accurate at least hah

yeah for example it says there's a -.4 degree x-axis tilt but if i set the ball behind the drops there's a 50/50 chance of it rolling either left or right when it gets trapped back there which seems fine to me

#13505 2 years ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

yeah for example it says there's a -.4 degree x-axis tilt but if i set the ball behind the drops there's a 50/50 chance of it rolling either left or right when it gets trapped back there which seems fine to me

#13507 2 years ago

^^^ thanks for that, that's not where it's binding up though. it's past the opto. but not quite to the post, as i've circled here

Screenshot 2022-01-11 150815 (resized).pngScreenshot 2022-01-11 150815 (resized).png

it's extremely irritating because sometimes it's just fine, 4 balls get in Mystery at once and it kicks them out just fine. then sometimes there are only 3 and it binds up to the point where you have to take the glass off because the post fires and fires and then just...stops firing and doesn't send a chase ball. you can also nail the three stuck balls there with a 4th ball, and you can also shake it loose sometimes. rest assured, though, if you have a billion on the board and two extra balls in the bank, it's going to stick and you're going to tilt it

so you pull the glass, lose the ball, sadly put the balls in the left side ramp to drain down. theoretically, if i enabled ballsave or whatever in the operator menu- where would i put the unstuck balls? just...throw them in the pops? trap up? if i put them in the shooter lane it's gonna be ugly. trying to think of a fair way to keep scoring if this happens again.

#13509 2 years ago

i don't think you are meant to hit Mystery from the plunge- maybe turn that power down a little on the autoplunge? also check to make sure the shooter is seated properly in the cabinet so that it strikes the center of the ball?

as for the demo- 19 is what you want to remove/adjust and yes 14 is the redundant screw that becomes unneccessary after the adjustment. i got mine out differently than others do by sort of flexing a plastic on the left side of the Demo but many here have posted about how they did it, check the key posts at the top of the thread

#13511 2 years ago

i mean i hit the MXV shot from U sometimes...there's a weird, funky cadence on the plunger to hit either the saucer or the MXV shot. do you have an aftermarket shooter? if so, did you install it? it's not hard to have it just be off a little bit and mess things up. as i said before- and don't do this- but if it doesn't feel like you could lift the machine by the shooter handle it's probably not installed right

#13513 2 years ago

so there are three ways to try to make skillshots and for me, generally depends on how much 4 roses i've had

1. full power plunge, release when the arrow is at the left most target. will hit the 2nd from left drop no matter what for an easy 5 mil, no timing needed.

2. try to look at the markers on the shooter gauge and pull the plunger back far enough to where i've hit the saucer with a gentle, arcing shot in the past, hold it there, and let it go.

3. the magical, mystery drunken plunge where...i can't really explain it...you...leave your hand on the plunger longer and don't hold it at the far end of a short plunge, to do the MXV shot. like...following through on a baseball swing or putt increases the amount of time the ball is in contact with the ball/club and changes the momentum as such.

or maybe im just high i guess what i'm saying is, experiment with how you plunge before you start tearing shit apart

edited to say that in the long run, the skill shots are both pretty cool, but in the grand scheme of things, neither is very many points. i think you get a drawing for a MXV though?

you could also try a different spring tension on the shooter, i spose

#13515 2 years ago

sorry yall, i even searched the thread but didnt see anyone else with this specific issue.

#13521 2 years ago

it's plunger to arrow to saucer with no other switch hits and very little time in between. its not possible to flip and hit the MXV shot but you do have time for a quick nudge...

off the N is how I recommend trying it but you can do it off the U also. complicating the shot is the fact that every game plunges a little different

edit: to the dude not wanting to do the demo adjustment: dont be stubborn like me. its really a different game when you can hit that shot and the adjustment is really not bad at all. getting that one screw out is the most onerous part and you only have to do it one time.

#13522 2 years ago

holy shit i just had a ball smash into the ball locked on the tk magnet and reject back down the ramp and stdm

magnets, how the f*ck do they work?

#13527 2 years ago
Quoted from Pot8er:

I swear the other night I soft plunged to the left flipper and flipped the MXV….maybe it was a dream

a backhand to the saucer from the left flipper off of a drop target would probably be one of history's greatest pinball shots, unless it had that weird spin that going through Mystery a bunch of times will sometimes put on the ball

#13534 2 years ago

yeah, everything is set stock power wise on mine, and it's fine

#13540 2 years ago

yeah season 3 was real bad

#13545 2 years ago

it's utterly worth it. without the UV kit you're missing half of the show and game's theme

#13548 2 years ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

Already did that at the lane exit. Will look at the plunger side later. One video is before and one is after.

I even manually wedged something in to reduce the arc in hopes it would shoot more upward but if I did that too much it would nick the orbit guide.
Anyway, I played more with the demo since that is more critical than the skill shot.

is the wire from the UV kit restricting the movement of the shooter lane gate and making the ball stick? hard to tell from that 3 second video

#13552 2 years ago
Quoted from blizz81:

We're talking the luckjob most-super-of-super skill shots, right?

yeah. i think i've seen it two or three times in 1100+ games

#13558 2 years ago

mine at home feels floaty as shit compared to the ones at league and in tourneys but mabye that's the One Dollar Factor haha

#13594 2 years ago
Quoted from jurulz:

Does any one your with a premium can show how the path of the projector to the spike 2. I would like to see what can be done regarding putting a projector on pro as a mod of course.

pretty sure the projector has custom firmware so that'd be your first hurdle

#13613 2 years ago
Quoted from friscopinball:

I wish I owned this pin.
Saving for an LE.

how much you saving? I think a LE is gonna start at 15k, seeing what Prems are going for right here on Pinside

#13629 2 years ago

aw man my $30 little plastic sign snapped at the base the first time an airball hit it :/

20220116_204952 (resized).jpg20220116_204952 (resized).jpg
#13657 2 years ago

yeah I've had maybe two glass hits since I pulled those spacers, flippers at stock power

#13671 2 years ago

yeah my shaker hits super hard
i mean its not AIQ shake the glass out of the machine hard but it feels just right

#13675 2 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Finally got my Stern UV kit last week and installed it. Well worth the wait, glad I didn't cancel it a month ago. I have been using the Pinstadium ST UV kit for the past year. Now with both on and going, game is super sick looking, what a light show!

the first time the Upside Down hits in a dark room is a revelation. i really like when the upside down coincides with a multiball, something about the way all the balls shoot around under the UV just looks super rad to me

#13678 2 years ago
Quoted from jdroc:

Are yours Sterns (like mine) or 3rd party (pinballlife, etc.)?

the one that comes preinstalled on the LE, same as chuck

would being on carpet vs. being on bare floor matter? my game is on a hardwood floor just on the original levelers, nothing between it and the floor

#13689 2 years ago

i mean...are the balls coming off the ramps before they get to where the covers are?

#13693 2 years ago

only bug i know about was final showdown and it was supposed to have been fixed with the latest code

#13695 2 years ago

lol, actually, if the game doesn't kill the flippers and restart after the 5th demogorgon mode, it was probably me that posted about that

#13717 2 years ago

if you play with tournament settings it'll be the 4th(?) Mystery award every time

in about 1200 plays i've probably seen in 10 times (i just play regular settings)

http://tiltforums.com/t/stranger-things-rulesheet-wip/6093

#13720 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I've seen it 3x since this weekend. I personally don't care for it either.

u can turn it (and barb getting slithered through by a snek) off with the 'adult content' setting in the operator menu

vvvv i can't personally verify it, i just read it here

#13742 2 years ago

i've had such a weird journey with this machine, the very first time i played it i sank the demogorgon shot and locked the first ball i ever shot to the TK lock. then for a period of about 2 months i never EVER hit the demo unless i banked it off the inside of one of the side movie screens and pretty much never hit the TK lock, to the point where i thought about turning off the mech to save the wear and tear in case i ever decide to sell it. part of me didnt want to eff around with an expensive toy and maybe damage it and part of me was stubborn/pissed that again, such an expensive toy needed to be 'dialed in'. finally took the plunge and did what i had to do to both the demogorgon and the TK lock and the game is literally twice as good as it was already. it has cost me one microscpic flaw in the purple siderail that you wouldn't find if you looked for a year unless you knew where it was. don't be stubborn like i was. make the adjustments you gotta make to your prems and les because it makes it a different game.

also chuckwurt remember when we were talking about how TK multiball is always crappy points? if you can light the locks and put a ball on the backboard after you start it you can put some decent points up. a little woodchoppy, still, compared to some of the other modes but it's not as dire as i thought, after having played some more

#13744 2 years ago

TK multiball's worst offense is all that rad buildup for such a boring mode. i still watch the full van flip animation every time i play i have a soft spot for it because locking 1 ball for TK MB was a pingolf goal in a tournament where i think i shot an 8 on a 6 hole course

#13747 2 years ago

yeah i like to lock two balls and try to save the third for after i start the first demodog mode which is dismal as heck

#13776 2 years ago

yeah the right orbit is just sort of a clunky shot imho. really the only criticism I have of the game

it's like they had to make it sort of shit to counter how awesome the left orbit is, that way you get an average of two pretty okay orbits

#13819 2 years ago

the only time i can hit the right ramp reliably is during demodog 1 mode

i hate having a mode that involves hitting a target you can't actually aim for

#13821 2 years ago

having one of the drop targets down when you start DD1 is a bonus because then you can try to shoot at the two big standups under the 'gorgon and get credit for 3 or 4 hits sometimes

#13824 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

That is what I try to do but the mode is very difficult to complete regardless. It has actually become my least favorite mode of the entire game.

yeah it sucks

try to save your third multiball lock for it

#13834 2 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

I'm catching up on this thread and have a question.
With the crazy prices of Premiums and LEs, is there any reason why someone couldn't put a Premium apron and aftermarket apron on a Pro and then install the Premium code to get the projected images on the ramps, etc. There is already the improved projection material that folks are using to upgrade their Premiums and it could simply be installed on Pros.
It seems like with about $400 you could upgrade the Pro to project images like the Premium.

someone in this very thread is working on cracking the custom firmware for the projector which is i believe the current roadblock

but then you still need the projector assembly from Stern- it's $700, I think, with a $150 projector included, or find a way to 3-d print it

#13841 2 years ago

literally everyone that sees the game comments on the projector. do we know if it's patented in this application or will we see it on other machines?

#13843 2 years ago

yeah guests and casuals are the only people besides me that play at my house and MAN do they love the projector. im gonna have to either sell this thing soon or bolt it to the floor

#13844 2 years ago

kind of want to see individual LED screen drop targets now.

like the Optimus Maximus keyboard https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Optimus_Maximus_keyboard

1 week later
#13886 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I’ve hit it in the mouth maybe three times out of fifty games. What can be done to dial it in some?

there are two spacers sitting under the demigorgon that you can either remove or adjust thickness on to change how the demogorgon's mouth sits. if you're hitting the glass a lot it's probably leaning back/up too high. you should also remove the little stopper the demo's chin sits on. i was in the same boat as you for three months- take the time to read the key posts and make the adjustment now, it's like adding a second game to your game to be able to work the demogorgon ladder

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/26#post-5455391

#13891 2 years ago

spacer/stopper/tomayto/tomahto

#13892 2 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

Looking for a reasonably priced Premium. Now wipe that spit off your screen from laughing with while drinking your coffee. Seriously. Looking for a reasonably priced Premium.

what is your idea of reasonably priced? right here in this thread someone is offering a 3 to 1 trade and I've personally been offered 15k for my LE and there's a 17k LE Sale Pending in the marketplace

not sure a reasonably priced STh exists

#13894 2 years ago

i feel like an idiot not selling for a 5k profit but i think my daughter would kill me and my wife thinks the projector and TK lock are the bees knees

forgoing a 7k profit means i might need to get my head examined

#13901 2 years ago

it's got the one thing that is most important to me in a pin- people that don't normally want to play, want to play

#13903 2 years ago

no yes yes no

#13905 2 years ago
Quoted from Gutterghoul:

Invisiglass can see as a little much, but any bad press about the D20 flasher?

oh i didn't mean to imply there's anything wrong with it, i think its well done. it's just that D and D just isn't that prominent in the show, the d20 is already well represented on the playfield and if you get the shooter too that's just a lotta d20s

#13944 2 years ago

i was at indisc this past weekend and it's nice to play a variety of older titles but the only real modern games in the tourney were godzilla and TMNT. played lots of slow, rolly classics so coming home to STh was very refreshing

i remember when i installed the latest code update it deactivated the UV kit and it really freaked me out when i turned the game on and the light test didn't trigger them

#13952 2 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

The shade of purple used on the LE is quite slick IMHO. Plenty of treads showing examples of powder coaters work on Pinside.

yeah but it's not powder coat

#13954 2 years ago
Quoted from kempsuk:

Hi All
UV lighting kit. Can you add the premium kit to a Pro? I can seem to find the premium kit available for sale, but not the Pro. So, wondering if I can add the premium kit to a Pro machine?
Thank you

yup

#13956 2 years ago
Quoted from kempsuk:

Cool. Why do they sell them separately as premium vs pro? Just curious…

the aprons attach to the playfield differently. but if you read back, it's been asked and answered on pretty much each of the previous one thousand pages

#13958 2 years ago
Quoted from kempsuk:

Wow… I see how it is lol . Thanks, I’ll take a look through the past 1000 pages

i mean brah it was literally on the last page like three times lol

#13960 2 years ago
Quoted from kempsuk:

It’s all good… just having some fun .
Yep, previous page has a ton. Thanks. I will go order Prem kit.
New to the group, joining the club .

same here welcome and enjoy. it rules

#13973 2 years ago

had a pretty good TI2

broke my damn welcome to hawkins sign again though grr

20220208_183220 (resized).jpg20220208_183220 (resized).jpg
#13976 2 years ago

i cant wait until Modine comes back this season and the LE skrockets in price due to him being on the backbox art MWAHAHAHAHAH

seriously though im never selling it

#13994 2 years ago
Quoted from Robmars716:

Be careful i have an email asking this question to stern tech and they say it will not work

there are like 40 people in the thread describing exactly how it will/does work, though?

#13999 2 years ago

what the hell, Ryan

#14015 2 years ago

This was posted on the previous page but cointaker has the premium uv kits for msrp + shipping. Mine just shipped today.
https://cointaker.com/products/stranger-things-uv-lighting-kit1

utterly shocked that you didn't have it already. it's so cool

#14030 2 years ago

What are you guys’ combo champion scores? My son is the champion on our game with 65 combos, was curious how many combos others are getting.

117 is my best so far

#14044 2 years ago

i just noticed after like 1250 plays that when you lock a ball on the backboard, the animation that plays on the main LCD is set up so that blue sparks/lightning/waves of electricity emanate from the ball, as reflected on the glass

maybe you just have to be exactly 6 feet tall to see it. this also puts the reflections of the strings of lights from the topper right at the entrances to the ramps and the tops of the slings in a dark room

edit: also wanted to say that those purple flasher domes substituted for the stock red look great. most of the stuff people do to their games is ugly i think but that looks really dope

edit one more time: it seems like the game has started re-locking balls on the backboard that didn't register the first time- in other words, if you qualify the TK lock three times and only lock one ball, then the next ball doesn't lock on the magnet but still registers a lock, the next ball you send up there will lock but only count towards the two existing locks...i didn't see it documented in the changelog, am i on crack or imagining this?

#14062 2 years ago

trying to get to 100 million ball 1 i'd try to do the combo and the multiball right away as they're both pretty simple and add to the bonus on every ball. if you can lock a ball or two on the backglass during TK multiball- something i started trying to do recently so that TK multiball isn't such a sub-100 million waste of time- you could probably get that 100 million on the first ball but i'd be trying to do it with modes, for sure, not only for the points but for the bonus. burn it back is a tough shot for me to hit more than 3 or 4 times consecutively because of the spin that builds up after consecutive shots. in fact, the whole right side of the table are not really any gimme shots, ymmv of course

our STh pingolf goal was 'start TK multiball' so now everyone in league smashes away at the left ramp targets on their first ball before the ball saver expires

also, wow, to the guy above me, you have the full gamut of games from those i love to those i loathe sitting in that one picture talk about polar opposites

#14067 2 years ago

another reason to try for TK multiball quickly is that every other Mystery award advances the bonus and TK multi fills up those bottom lanes fast.

#14071 2 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

Quick question. I'm back in the club after selling my game last year. I got an LE yesterday and needed to adjust the demogorgan shot.
I removed the spacers and the shot is great now. It doesn't shake like it did before, so I loosened up it up underneath, but I still don't have the same shaking action since I removed the spacers. I can live with that, but I'm just curious if others have experienced this and if there is a more happy medium ground or something.

did you remove the post under the demo's chin? when i pulled the spacers the demo didn't vibrate at all until i took that post/stopper/nub off

#14075 2 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

Mine didn't move either after removing the spacers..I loosened the nuts on the demo, but that wasn't the right approach.
I hadn't removed the post yet but, after your post I did. I basically cut off the black rubber. There was a screw with a metal knob that the rubber was on. I could get the metal knob part off, but everything works well now. Thank you

i had to carve the rubber off too. could not get that screw loose

#14077 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I think you’d need to take the gate out and hold one side and unscrew the screw with something else.

believe me, i tried until my hand cramped lol

#14081 2 years ago

i'm never sure how to criticize a thing like a pinball because it's so emotional and personal but man i just do not agree on Halloween. it doesn't even function properly at the moment, what with the skillshot bug, and on top of that, the whole game is on the LCD which i hate looking up at

*shrug* not trying to be a dick but man. Halloween, LoV, Rush- i've got a dozen plays on each and these are bad layouts and games to me

#14084 2 years ago

Whats the skillshot bug on Halloween? Been playing on location lately and havent noticed it.

the last time i played- and it has admittedly been a month or so- hitting the right side skill shot at the drop target off a plunge would cause you to have to reboot the game to be able to continue to play it

Quoted from radfordian3505:

Did you play Halloween in a home or location ?

played it on location at AYCE Gogi a few times and at INDiSC as well. these are well cared for machines. i have specific complaints but this isn't really the thread for it

#14086 2 years ago

interesting. nearly everyone that's played it in the local scene hates it, including people that were desperate to get preorder spots that are now selling them

also, you do not have to defend your game choice to me there are a few people i play with that very vocally dislike Stranger Things and that's okay, i keep my own counsel on what's good and so should you!

#14088 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

LOV shoots like a dream imo.

yeah it feels weird to even express a contrary opinion since im not trying to kill anyone's excitement to get their game but there has to be a way to try to do so objectively. i mean in the Rush thread several people just come out and say 'if you don't like the music your opinion on the pin is invalid' which doesn't leave a lot of room for discussion lol

#14090 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I mean there’s nothing in LOV and all the shots work and flow well. Not sure what’s not to like.

if you insist...

clunky flow
bad art
ship doesn't function properly, mostly
low rent ripoff of the godzilla magnet post
etc.

#14092 2 years ago

besides my home STh, i very rarely have the chance to play for ninety minutes to work up to a fun/enjoyable game of pinball. all my opinions are through the lens of competitive play so you can treat them as such

i'm also a disagreeable ornery asshole, but my strategy for LoV (and Rush and Halloween) remains "put your coins in something else instead"

...and to be more than fair- none of those three games are finished yet. everyone thought STh sucked at first, too. myself included. ill get to reevaluate both games when i head back up to AYCE G for their Rush launch.

#14094 2 years ago

funny that's my turtles strategy. Not to play it

the groans in the INDiSC Discord when it got added to the main bank were audible

#14107 2 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

Thank you very much!

how many games on that machine, would you say? i'm surprised and happy that all my rubbers, even the flipper ones, still look basically out-of-the-box new

#14121 2 years ago

I haven't met a single person that likes stern turtles including someone that waited 7 months for a premium after paying for it in full

#14139 2 years ago

the two Demogorgon bolts on the underside of the playfield are easy

the one "hard" one, the one that doesn't need replacing, I managed to remove without removing any plastics. just had to flex the shit out of one of them and use a long screwdriver

1 week later
#14199 2 years ago

pros tend to be sort of taken out of the box and thrown on location, moreso than premiums/les. there is probably some inherent ratings bias in people willing to spend 33% more for a cosmetic upgrade and a very weirdly implemented but ultimately unique mech in the tk lock

#14206 2 years ago

agreed, i've only played Pros on location- three different ones- and you had to slap save from the right orbit to the left flipper on two of them and the ball would hit the top of the left sling coming out of mystery and burn it back every time on all three

its a much different game with clean returns from the two orbits to the flippers

#14209 2 years ago

the whole GAME is eye candy. the purple armor, the shooter, the topper and UV kit, the art blades, the projector...sometimes i turn it on when i don't even plan to play it because it's so purty

the first time i ever flew on a plane was first class. every other flight has paled in comparison. i feel the same way about my first NIB being STh

#14231 2 years ago

abe have you checked your side to side pitch? being off a half a degree could do what chuck said and cause the post to hit the ball on its way back up, pushing the ball too hard into the guide instead of letting it roll out on its own

#14245 2 years ago

you know, that post fires once when i start the game, when the first ball goes in the trough, every single time. it also fires the first time i shoot the shot behind the drops, quick enough that it doesn't hamper the ball getting stopped as it should. so weird *shrug*

also, i think i figured out that what the balls are getting hung up on in the mystery shot is actually the square hole in the bottom ball guide that's cut for the opto should i just put mylar over it?

#14249 2 years ago

it literally only happens the first game i play after turning the game on. very weird

i meant shooter lane, not trough. like i turn the game on, it runs the startup sequence. then i press start, a ball kicks into the shooter lane, that post behind mystery fires super quick. then the first time i hit the shot behind the drops, right when it registers (before it gets to the opto) the post fires again, very quickly, so quickly that it still catches the ball and the animation plays if mystery is lit, then it releases the ball like it should

and then i play for 2 hours and it never happens again that whole time

#14286 2 years ago

my favorite callout in the whole game is hop's 'BITCHIN'' when you swipe a ball

#14294 2 years ago

it's normal to me but I'm sure Chuck will say every shot that goes up the ramp should lock on the back or you need to tear your game apart more

90% of the shots that "should" lock on the back do and that's good with me. hell once in a while I'll milquetoast a ball up there and the action of the TK arm swinging over is enough to sling a ball that wouldn't have made the lock on to the magnet

the stern plastic cover fix definitely helped but the biggest adjustment that helped me was the arm on the back of the backboard that's driven by the solenoid when the TK lock fires. the guide rail was sitting about a quarter inch off of the decorative plastic that sits in front of it- i went back and reread the service bulletin and they advised adjusting this so that the guide rail is actually touching the plastic when it isn't energized. i did so so that it is ALMOST touching it- that was the most effective adjustment to the TK lock that I made while dialing it in, period.

20220312_121447[1] (resized).jpg20220312_121447[1] (resized).jpg
#14297 2 years ago

once i got it dialed in, it stayed dialed in.

#14309 2 years ago

you only get one per game, did you use it on the first demo mode?

#14310 2 years ago

thought i was doing a good job keeping up with maintenance- replacing the balls every 500 games, wiping down the playfield- but i gave it maybe 10 minutes worth of real attention today and....

20220317_124932 (resized).jpg20220317_124932 (resized).jpg

yikes!

#14313 2 years ago
Quoted from Gutterghoul:

That coil dust! Where did you find it building up? I had a lot of plastic shavings from the E target by the saucer but haven't noticed anything else creating excessive dust or debris

that is from the white projector surfaces, the ramps, and the shooter and in and outlanes and doesn't include the glass or the balls. on a side note, our cleaning lady left some foaming ammonia-free glass cleaner behind and i used it on the glass- yowza. like it's not even there.

~1440 games to get this dirty, btw. and this is far from the first time i wiped it down, probably 500 games since the last time I did. there's a grit line coming out of Mystery too but it's not really a big deal and i didn't have my long q tips with me so i let it go

wow replacing balls every 500 plays? I think I've done it once in more than 4k plays and that was just because the stern pinballs are cheap.

*shrug* i know it's overkill. i just like shiny ninja balls it does beg the question of what to do with the old ones, though...some sort of kinetic clock, maybe. or maybe Raised by Wolves needs more Task Marbles for season 3

#14315 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You’ll have to replace them quickly with the super shiny ones. Those magnetize if you look at them wrong.

i did read that in the reviews. having good luck with it so far but as count pointed out, i am replacing them excessively

#14337 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

How do you start that bullshit mode? It started in a game the other day, I don’t think I had ever started it before. It’s hysterical.

random Mystery or the 4th Mystery in tournament mode

#14351 2 years ago

is the "health bar" moving? sometimes if you hit the demo in quick succession you won't get the "reaction" of the lights blinking and it shaking, but the game still usually registers a hit

11 is not coded as far as i know and come to think of it i have maybe seen 1 extra ball Mystery award in like, 1500 games and i'm not even sure about that.

2 questions regarding beneficial malfunctions and STh:

1. is the ball getting stuck behind the drops during multiball a beneficial malfunction?
2. is the game stacking up rewards and taking time to run the animation so that all balls have drained but all 4 are saved and thus you get them back a beneficial malfunction even though it is not actually a malfunction? i go crazy trying the right ramp when i know the game is going to add a ball and restart the ball saver

had a ball skip the opto sensor trough in a tourney last week (on a different game) and one of the players argued that you're allowed 1 benficial malfunction per game which turned in to a debate, so it's been top of mind. i know these are minor and rare things but isn't that what forums are for haha

#14354 2 years ago
Quoted from flipperstick:

Another great question. I have never seen it and hate to take the glass off to figure it out.

pretty sure there's no 11 award

#14356 2 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

Which would be one of the most theme-related game coding misses of all time.

I still think lighting the letters in M-I-L-F order on CFTBL should count for something...

#14358 2 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

Which would be one of the most theme-related game coding misses of all time.

maybe it's foreshadowing seasons 4 and 5. like 11 is just an illusion in everyone's mind...woooooooOOOOoooOOOOOooooo

#14363 2 years ago

lol @ the new season episode titles. I knew modine would be back! when they don't die definitively on-screen, they're comin' back. TV 101

#14385 2 years ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

The selling out instantly isn't going to last forever though either. Economy contracts and they'll have to go back to fighting for sales.

this is incorrect

pinball sales are doing their best numbers ever in the worst economy in the last 15 years

why would they ever get cheap again, especially with $tern's competition being largely second rate

#14387 2 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

Dude, the economy has been just fine, even factoring in COVID.

lol

#14389 2 years ago

i just think that 'the bubble is going to 'pop' and all of a sudden you'll be able to pick up 90's games for $600 again' is a fantasy. there is a nine thousand dollar god damn pin bot on the market right now right here on pinside. things they aren't making more of don't usually depreciate- the fact that games were so cheap in the oughts is due to the downturn in the arcade business, and the home market was a fraction of what it is now, not really tied directly to the economy. as long as stern keeps production run numbers relatively low and prices relatively high the games will continue to get snapped up and sold for above MSRP

we're gonna do a STh season 4 episode 1-2 launch party
i'm gonna give a prize for the best score on the machine
we're having Demo Dogs (detroit- style coney dogs)
pineapple Upside Down cake
an ice cream sundae bar
...any other suggestions?

#14392 2 years ago

Nice. My buddy is from Chicago and he likes to do Chicago Dogs with all the fixings when we do tournaments/gatherings over there. Haven't had one since COVID, though.

super secret recipes incoming

Jackson Coney Island Sauce

1-1/2 pounds ground beef heart
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
2 tsp garlic salt
2 tsp chili powder
2 tsp cumin powder
2 tsp paprika

Brown the meat in the vegetable oil but do not drain it. Once it’s browned, add the spices. Also add just enough water to moisten the sauce, maybe a few tablespoons. Simmer the sauce for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until it’s somewhat dryer, while being careful not to let it dry completely. Served over grilled hot dogs having natural casings (Koegel Viennas). Mustard and finely chopped onion are the preferred toppings.

Detroit Coney Island Sauce

1 pound beef heart, finely ground
1/2 pound chuck, finely ground
1/4 cup rendered beef suet
1/4 cup water
2 tsp garlic salt
2 tsp chili powder
2 tsp cumin powder
2 tsp paprika
1/4 cup cracker meal

Brown the beef heart and ground chuck in the suet but do not drain it. Once it’s browned, add the water and the spices. Simmer the sauce for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally and adding more water if necessary to keep it wet. Once the sauce is simmered, add the cracker meal to tighten it up but not too much. Served over grilled hot dogs having natural casings (Dearborn Brand). Mustard and finely chopped onon are the preferred toppings.

Flint Coney Island Sauce

1/2 lb Beef kidney, finely ground
1/2 lb Beef heart, finely ground
1/4 cup rendered beef suet or lard
3 tbsp of paprika
2 tbsp of chili powder
Kosher salt
Fresh ground pepper

In a small pot melt the rendered beef suet or lard. In a large mixing bowl mix all but the salt and pepper by hand. Gently crumble the meat mixture into a medium pot, add the melted fat and stir well. Set for low heat and allow the pot to heat up. Simmer over low heat for about 45 minutes, adding suet or lard as necessary to prevent the meat from drying out. When the simmer is done, add salt and pepper to taste and finish stirring. Served over grilled hot dogs having natural casings (Koegel Viennas). Mustard and finely chopped onion are the preferred toppings.

#14404 2 years ago

the topper is really cool but if you're looking at it while you play you're doing it wrong between the purple and blue of the cab, the UV light kit and the topper, stranger things le might have one of the best art packages and light shows in pinball

for me the topper was just that. the topper. the icing on the cake. if you're laying out 7k+ for a machine is another $650 really so bad?

#14415 2 years ago

something about the infinity mirror is just so...damn...EIGHTIES

1 week later
#14450 2 years ago

imho if the TK lock working 100% of the time perfectly every time is your decision point for which machine to keep, just keep the pro. it's a finicky mech, there's no getting around it

even with it dialed in after lots of work and rereading chuck's posts and the service bulletins there is still the odd shot that flies past the magnet or gets pinched by the arm because of the timing or a rattled shot, or whatever. also, once you've seen it once, you've seen it.

#14452 2 years ago

i kind of think of the TK lock like the Snikt shot on Deadpool. that's another shot that you can hit seemingly perfectly and sometimes the engineering just doesn't allow for it to work right. you can either deal with that or you can't

#14454 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You should be able to get it so clean shots are 100%. If you can’t, not worth keeping the game imo.

definitely, with what the pre is selling for

very interested to see what happens to LE prices after episode 7 of the new season as i think it's the only one with a certain character on the cabinet art

#14456 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

LEs are going for 16k. Doubt it goes much higher.

idk if you read spoilers but it could go higher. plus there's that one on the market for 18k that comes with a scary-ass wallbursting demogorgon

#14458 2 years ago

oh, i got over trying to avoid spoilers a long time ago. doesn't decrease my enjoyment of things, though of course ymmv, are episode titles spoilers?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Machine - For Sale
Covington, LA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Covington, GA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
563 posts in this topic match your search for posts by SonOfaDiddly. You are on page 1 of 3.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SonOfaDiddly.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party?tu=SonOfaDiddly and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.