IMG_3764 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3761 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3762 (resized).png
20240410_201325.jpg
abba tk lock (resized).jpg
IMG_3111 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3109 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #235 ALERT: Be sure to check PRO Ball Lock Post, it can come loose. Posted by chuckwurt (4 years ago)

Post #712 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Replacement rubber info Posted by fooflighter (4 years ago)

Post #1272 TECH: TOYS. Demogorgon adjustment to make less shot rejects Posted by rs812 (4 years ago)

Post #1273 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Projector focus adjustment instructions Posted by rs812 (4 years ago)

Post #1717 TECH: PLAYFIELD. TK lock and deflector adjustment instructions Posted by chuckwurt (4 years ago)

Post #3533 TECH: BOOTING. Fix for Spike machines that frequently have problems booting Posted by C0untDeM0net (3 years ago)

Post #5955 MOD: Stranger Things action button surround and shooter plate Posted by pinballslave (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sinistarrett.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#255 4 years ago

This is more like it, enthusiasm and discussion actually about Stranger Things.
Im never going back to that “other“ thread again. Some of those guys aint right.
Im joining the club even though I dont have the game yet, and I wont take no for an answer!
Havent even had a chance to even play one yet but I like what Ive seen and heard so far and I am a fan of the show, and as a plus it’s the first game my wife has really been interested in getting. Going to wait a couple months and see whats up with the Premium before deciding which model to get.

1 week later
#485 4 years ago

Thanks for posting. That camera man needs to be fired, though!

#523 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

so getting a pro vs premium is essentially a free refrigerator.

Dude I like the way you think.

2 weeks later
#1010 4 years ago

Damn Trindawg you sure are hard on your pinball machines!

10 months later
#6807 3 years ago

@Chuckwurt- just wanted to say I appreciate the enthusiasm and positivity towards this game in your thread. Learned a lot about the game and its quirks from following, very helpful and informative.
I got to play ST a few times on location before the arcade got shut down and enjoyed it quite a bit.
I ended up selling off most of my pin collection over the past few months (thanks covid19) but when I do decide to pick up another newer game hopefully next year, pretty sure it will be a Stranger Things!

11 months later
#12875 2 years ago

Im on the list for the December run, any idea if Stern has done something about the bad playfield dimpling that this title had earlier on? And this flipper fade, is that still something to be expected?

#12887 2 years ago

Has anyone installed a playfield protector on their game? If so how hard was the install on this game, and how does it play with a protector on there. Im considering putting one on my new game before I even play it to keep it from dimpling so badly. Maybe remove it after a few months once the clearcoat has hardened up all the way.

3 weeks later
#13153 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainRedEye:Add me to the list of members.
I just received notification from Zach Meny that my Stranger Things Pro was shipped today.
Big props to Flip N Out Pinball. They made my 2021 by sneaking this one in under the wire.

Do you know if your game from this run has the Insider Connected?

1 week later
#13361 2 years ago
Quoted from Pot8er:

I got mine from a local distributor as well. I’m in central FL.

Did you use Little Shop of Games by chance?

1 week later
#13553 2 years ago

Awwwww yeeeaaaaahhh

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#13622 2 years ago

Whats the best source for alternate translites? Would like to swap out the pro translite for something else. I saw the ones at Retro Refurbs, anyone have experience with them?

#13658 2 years ago

Good grief we've put almost a hundred games on our new machine and not one single shot has made it in the Demogorgons mouth. Not one! Gonna pull the thing tomorrow and take out those spacers, if thats the fix why the hell does Stern put the spacers on there to begin with?!

#13770 2 years ago

My right orbit shot often doesnt hit the switch up there but goes right past it without tripping the switch. Has to be a certain speed to run over it or it seems to pass by it on the side. Is this the same on all the ST?

#13784 2 years ago
Quoted from PocketHoleshot:

I was inspired by the post made by manadams about using a strip of cardboard on the demogorgon ramp. The mouth shot on my buddy's premium is super difficult and you could tell it was hitting low most of the time. I used a strip of heavy duty self adhesive Velcro (hook side) cut to fit the ramp. Now I'm hitting the mouth shot on 80%+ from the cradle! A huge improvement from the maybe 10% accuracy before.

This is genius, I just tried this idea and went from never making the shot once at all in over a hundred games to being able to make it on the regular from a cradled shot from either flipper. Makes just enough of a bump to hop the ball right into the mouth. Changes the whole playing experience. Will look into the more permanent solution later.

#13806 2 years ago
Quoted from Good-Times:

Does the topper add a mode or anything to gameplay at all? Trying to justify the expense

No but its really cool to sit in the dark and look at it! And it does react to different shots/modes in the game.

#13829 2 years ago

This game is tough! Had a couple games in the 400-500k range but a lot of short low scoring games….man, the factory set wide open outlanes are hungry! And it seems as though the shot angles to hit the ramps are different somehow than what Im used to, I just cannot get in the groove and keep clanging off the standups and straight down the outlanes. More practice is in order! Loving the game so far.

#13862 2 years ago

Fellows I’m having some strange flickering from some of my insert lights. The 6 right side yellow mode insert lights ( slingshots and binoculars) and the red demogorgon battle insert lights, the burn it back insert and all the related RGB arrows are flickering and the RGB arrows are weakly changing colors when they arent supposed to. The flickering just started today, does it in attract mode as well. The RGB arrows, when they are lit during a game, will flicker between two or three different colors, rather weak and faintly, even when only one mode is running. Also the rightmost “O” insert is flickering too.
I see that all these inserts are lit by just two boards. Ive checked and reseated all the connectors on the two boards as well as on the main board in the backbox. Any idea what could be the cause? Thanks.

(Edit…just noticed the lower right flasher is exhibiting the same behavior in attract mode, flickering instead of lighting solidly like the other flashers)

#13866 2 years ago

After another couple games the “O” insert light went out altogether and the flickering and color changing of the other insert lights got worse and worse. I checked all the connectors under the playfield this time and seated them all firmly, a couple seemed a tiny bit loose. Looking around, it turns out the “O” insert has its own little LED board with the wires soldered directly to it. I bent and wiggled those wires a bit looking for cold solder joints but couldnt see anything noticeable. I fired it back up and now all the lights are behaving as they should with no flickering, “O” insert is lit up again, no issues. So either it was a loose connector or possibly may be a solder issue at the little LED board, if the problem comes back Ill look there first.

1 week later
#14028 2 years ago

What are you guys’ combo champion scores? My son is the champion on our game with 65 combos, was curious how many combos others are getting.

#14033 2 years ago

Damn I really need to do some more training, you guys are getting some serious combos and high scores!

#14037 2 years ago
Quoted from blizz81:

Machines & setups vary.

Yes, our machine is set to factory settings with the outlanes fully wide open, no additional extra balls, with a fairly tight tilt. It can make for some frustrating games from time to time.
Just played 7 or 8 games and only once did I manage over 500 million.
My only real gripe is still that right orbit shot to the pops, it only rolls over the switch about 50% of the time. Sometimes a perfect clean smooth shot can go right past the switch without tripping it, a lot of the time a sloppy rattly shot will register. Makes it hard to complete some of the modes when you make the shot two or three times during the mode and none of them roll over the switch! I try to just consider it an extra challenge, and endeavor to persevere.

#14083 2 years ago

Whats the skillshot bug on Halloween? Been playing on location lately and havent noticed it.

2 weeks later
#14250 2 years ago

After a couple hundred plays I gotta say Im really digging this game. Definitely sticking around for a while. I just switched out the Operation Mirkwood music for Herbie Hancocks “Rockit”, the quintessential early 1980s jam, its awesome pinball music.

#14278 2 years ago
Quoted from flipperstick:

Does anybody else find that the lock bar action button is a weak feature in STh?

Totally, I hope they do another code update and add something more for the pro. Seems unfinished. Are there any other new Sterns where you can only use the action button once per game?

1 week later
#14359 2 years ago

Do you guys anticipate any further code updates?

1 month later
#14671 1 year ago

Did an experiment with cutting a $4.98 poster down to size from Walmart. Turns out it lights up just as good as the translite, for a fraction of the price of an alternate. Lots of posters out there to choose from, needs to be horizontal because a vertical 22x36 isnt wide enough.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#14709 1 year ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:How do you get the MXV skill shot?

Its really more of a luck shot than a skill shot.

3 weeks later
#14919 1 year ago

I dont usually even like most mods but these look to be on a whole different level, like they were meant to be in the machine from the get-go. Very interested in seeing the full reveal!

2 weeks later
#15121 1 year ago

So with that projector, it looks as though s6000 pico projectors are available from a few places around 250 bucks, looks identical. Could one of these work, or is there firmware in the stern projectors themselves?

638B9247-FE17-4EE6-940A-8F6E368A5353 (resized).png638B9247-FE17-4EE6-940A-8F6E368A5353 (resized).pngC7915950-47FA-4DD6-94E0-8F116CB6864C (resized).pngC7915950-47FA-4DD6-94E0-8F116CB6864C (resized).png
1 week later
#15233 1 year ago

When I got my game I put a different apron on and disconnected the Stern insider and stuck it in the cabinet, wasnt interested it and dont really even know what all it does aside from leaderboards. Was wondering, does it add anything to the game , how often is it “used” etc?

1 week later
#15272 1 year ago
Quoted from maxharvard:

I built a Vpin that I haven't added graphics to yet and I also built an arcade machine.

Nicely built games! I like the look of the wood pincab as it is now, its classy.

#15312 1 year ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:Insider Connected seems like the perfect way to do it.

Yeah I have zero use for insider as it is. New content, mini games, a new mode, that sort of thing would be a lot cooler.

2 weeks later
#15509 1 year ago
Quoted from blasius01:

I’m gonna do some research as to what what company they got the projectors from

Mentioned earlier in the thread along with links. Make it happen!

#15604 1 year ago

Pulling for you guys to solve the mysteries of the projector. Would be the greatest pro upgrade mod in pinball history.

2 weeks later
#15785 1 year ago

My insider connected is disconnected and laying in the coin box, i dont really even understand its usefulness for a home game. Seems like a lot of wasted potential there.

#15800 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Then sell it to me

Nah Ill keep it around in the hopes that someday it will be used to put out something cool like new mini games or an extra mode or something. Until then it can just lay there doing nothing.

#15829 1 year ago
Quoted from FunkyMusic:

My Pro is powder coated in candy purple - I really love the look.

Hey nice looking game and thats a cool ramp decal, where did you find that?

1 week later
#15891 1 year ago
Quoted from blasius01:

I work for a huge commercial audio video company, I’m gonna do some research as to what what company they got the projectors from… I know stern didn’t build them. So basically it would be installing a projector and load the LE code to the game and strip the projector firmware and boom, you got close to a premium for half the price … give me a few days, I need to make some calls

I was just wondering if anything ever came of this idea.

1 week later
#15982 1 year ago
Quoted from blasius01:

I’ll be calling some of our reps this week. I truly can’t see why my company wouldn’t be able to figure out some sort of solution… I’ll keep you updated

So, did you ever make any headway on getting the projector to work in a pro?

3 weeks later
#16116 1 year ago

Balls to this update, the last update, and insider connected.

2 weeks later
#16309 1 year ago

What is “ the work” he needs to help him? My game is chipped there as well.

#16319 1 year ago
Quoted from Reginex:

this was a planned move to not have direct replacements available.

Now thats putting the customer first lemme tell ya.

#16370 1 year ago

Glad to see Clay working on the projector issue. Many have stated they could make another projector work but they werent ninjas.

9 months later
#17670 9 months ago

I wanted to let anyone who has trouble with their right orbit switch failing to register know that a magnetic switch from M and M Creations has pretty much solved that issue for me. Great product.

#17673 9 months ago
Quoted from AMartin56:

How does one buy this switch from them? I don't see a website?

I contacted him here on pinside, he has a forum topic with a catalog. His member name is @sonic. If you search forum topics for “magnetic reed switch” it should pop up or you can message him direct.

2 weeks later
#17798 8 months ago

Id be all for a vault if it came with a new code update which would be available for us previous owners to install. I like the game as is, but some new side missions/objectives and updated assets would really freshen it up. Maybe also a way to configure different topper lightshows during attract mode. I dont really like the “spaz out” fast blinking seizurey part thats in there now.

#17818 8 months ago

Putting a miniature Dig Dug machine there would be like pouring ketchup on a really nice, expensive steak.

1 month later
#17994 6 months ago

Cool that they are rerunning it. Will be interesting to see how it sells since there seems to be a downturn in the market right now.
Gonna be bummed if there are no improvements or added content. Ive had mine for a couple of years and some additional code would really freshen it up.

1 month later
#18861 4 months ago

Yeah my new IM showed up a couple weeks ago with no clip and the coin box wedged in the back of the game. Really no excuse for that IMO, if Stern is out of clips or something they could at least zip tie it.

#18948 4 months ago
Quoted from Don44:

Does anybody know if Stern is going to have just the plastics available that come with the uv kit?

I would be really surprised if they did because they want everybody to have to buy the entire UV kit. They were never available separately during the original run.

#19023 4 months ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

the Skill shot is so off it shoots the ball into the mystery lane...

Are you plunging more softly on the skill shot so you hit one of the drops? If i pull the plunger all the way back to full blast, mine goes into the mystery lane too. But a soft plunge can hit any of the drops.

#19025 4 months ago

Interesting, I never questioned the alignment on mine, thought it was supposed to launch that way.

2 months later
#21122 70 days ago

After owning a pro for years and just today playing a premium for the first time (showed up out of nowhere at the bowling alley) I can say that the premium is one aggravating game to play if it hasnt been tweaked. Now I know what you guys have been talking about with the multiball rejects from the TK lock straight down the damn middle. Nearly impossible to make the mouth shot too. Right orbit shots and mystery shot returns clanging off the slings to drain out the sides! Aaarggh! Beautiful game with the projector and all, swipe a ball was cool too but honestly I dont feel like Im missing much by having the pro, even if that premium had been dialed in. The lousy thing is I doubt it ever will get dialed in, theres a new Venom in there too thats all but unplayable because of various small issues. The joys of location pinball!

#21125 70 days ago

Yeah, now that you mention it the projector was out of whack too.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Machine - For Sale
Covington, GA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

6,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Louisville, KY
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

8,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lewiston, NY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sinistarrett.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party?tu=Sinistarrett and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.