IMG_3331 (resized).png
IMG_3330 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8622 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #235 ALERT: Be sure to check PRO Ball Lock Post, it can come loose. Posted by chuckwurt (4 years ago)

Post #712 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Replacement rubber info Posted by fooflighter (4 years ago)

Post #1272 TECH: TOYS. Demogorgon adjustment to make less shot rejects Posted by rs812 (4 years ago)

Post #1273 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Projector focus adjustment instructions Posted by rs812 (4 years ago)

Post #1717 TECH: PLAYFIELD. TK lock and deflector adjustment instructions Posted by chuckwurt (4 years ago)

Post #3533 TECH: BOOTING. Fix for Spike machines that frequently have problems booting Posted by C0untDeM0net (3 years ago)

Post #5955 MOD: Stranger Things action button surround and shooter plate Posted by pinballslave (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SLCpunk2113.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#776 4 years ago

Any word on when PRE are going to ship? I'm about to jump out of my skin!

3 weeks later
#1563 4 years ago

I haven't spoken up much because I am yet to get my game but I bought the kit without a second thought. Game changer. Literally. So excited my skin is crawling!!!

#1566 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No I think that’s just the Mind Flayer inside you. Good luck!

I have been having strange dreams....

1 week later
#1957 4 years ago

My Premium shipped today too! Thinking I’ll see it Monday because I’m a few states away!

1 week later
#2231 4 years ago

Just got my premium and man... I gotta say. I think this is my favorite game in my collection. I don’t know if Stern was able to find fixes for the Demogorgan shot but I played with four different people of varying skill and all of us hit the shit no problem. Truly love this pin. Can’t wait for improvements but super happy where it is.

Two critiques. The saucer just left of the stand ups needs to do something. It’s one of the only stall shots on an otherwise flowing game that literally does nothing most of the time. Second. More assets. Call outs and projected material is lacking. Ramps are white 90 percent of the time. Gotta put some effort into this.

Overall love love love this pin. Had no problems out of the box thankfully. I almost don’t want to put it on route but alas I must. Maybe I’ll buy a second for home. Can’t wait for the UV kit!

3 months later
#4399 3 years ago

I got the Bullshit mystery reward today for the first time. I enjoyed it a lot lol. Also Made it to the fourth Demo. Been working on high scores lately but I pretty much own the whole board right now so I'm going to switch focus. All Five demos or bust!

2 months later
#5365 3 years ago

Any word on when we will get finished code? Kinda frustrating to see TMNT and now Avengers ship with near complete code. Stranger Things may not have been the best seller from stern but it sure earns on location. Feel like it deserves more love from the community and from Stern.

#5367 3 years ago

I understand that the dev teams are different but you’d think Stern would crack the whip at this point. The game released in December for heaven’s sake.

1 week later
#5477 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballnewb01:

Hi Guys,
I have the option to buy a Stranger Things LE for a good price.
When it came out I was very disappointed while seeing the streams and I played the Pro and also wasn't overwhelmed...
What is the overall feeling at this moment?

I love the game! It is simple but can be brutal. It's got an addictive replay factor for me. I had to start forcing myself to play some other games in my collection but that also might be about where my skill level is. I'm good enough that it's still fun to play and I'm not just getting my ass kicked every game but not good enough that I have beat the game so I keep coming back.

#5509 3 years ago

Dragons Layer video mode or bust.

1 month later
#6353 3 years ago

I think it does a great job balancing humor and intensity just like the show. The show is horror adjacent. It’s not a comedy series even if there are funny parts/characters.

1 week later
#6591 3 years ago

MXV skill shot is fun. Got it a few times. More of a luck shot than a skill shot. Love the addition of the drawings. Love this game except for the demodog modes. Wish you could still make progress during them. I'd have no issues if that were the case.

1 week later
#6737 3 years ago

I’ve been making tweaks to the game (it took me this long because I’m not a fussy player) and man. All I gotta say is I love the TK lock now that it’s dialed. Was about 50/50 but now at 90/10 it is truly one of the most satisfying shots in pinball.

#6761 3 years ago

I own a premium and AFM and love them both. They play very different though and Stranger Things is a lot tougher. I 100% suggest STh premium unless you really don’t like games that punish you if you miss your mark.

#6794 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I have a LE and don’t have any of these issues. I guess it’s possible the Premium code is different, but I doubt it.

When you download the PRE code it’s labeled LE so I think it’s the same.

#6805 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Anyway, my quick 5 minute job turned into an hour long adventure. [quoted image]

Sounds like pinball. Goes from “oh it’s just a dirty opto” to disassembling a whole mech and soldering real quick.

2 weeks later
#6990 3 years ago

They’d have to change the way the lock optos work. They’d have to add two more. Also would have to make sure balls would bounce back and come back down the ramp.

1 month later
#7673 3 years ago

Who do I email for the TK lock plastic?

#7706 3 years ago

Speaking of UV kits. Is anyone worried about the UV light fading the playfield art over time? Or will the clear protect it. I’d hate my playfield to end up looking like some of the sides of my cabinets.

#7745 3 years ago

Haha. I give Jack shit about it on stream all the time. Newbies definitely think it’s a thing because of him. I had a kid ask if it was cool if he death saved on my Rick and Morty at the launch party. The whole room looked at him like he was crazy. To be fair, he’s new to pinball and R&M does have a call out when you death saves so that was his motivation.

#7760 3 years ago

I’m a person who buys pro unless the premium offers something much more to the experience. I went with premium and I am super glad I did.

1 week later
#7914 3 years ago

Installed the new TK lock plastic. Huge improvement. I put up some new high scores without really trying. Didn’t realize how badly those ramp rejects were effecting my game. Anyway. Get it!

2 weeks later
#8331 3 years ago

Tough call. I like both games a lot and don’t plan on getting rid of either. I’d say STh has a slight edge because of theme. Don’t hate maiden but don’t love them either. Honestly if I were you I’d probably get rid of SW and pick up IM and STh.

2 weeks later
#8884 3 years ago

Is Cary Hardy the worst person in pinball?

#8888 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I haven't seen much of his stuff. The Stranger Things topper one was the only one I stuck with longer than a couple minutes because I was curious if he'd ever get to the right reason for the infinity mirror being chosen for STh. Why would you think he was the worst person in pinball?

Because all he does is talk shit. He’s the type of guy who would endlessly hate on Stranger Things but pay 8k for Attack From Mars. Wish he would just stick to his restoration videos but of course they get less views than the ones where tears apart the hobby that he supposedly enjoys.

#8899 3 years ago

He said he couldn’t play it because it was pulled from all the locations because it didn’t make money which is a joke. It’s one of my top earners and well on its way to paying itself off even though. Ya know. The global pandemic nearly destroyed location pinball. I’ve not talked to one operator, and I talk to a lot of them, that hasn’t had Stranger Things as a top earner. Also, about the led lights being visible, that’s what infinity mirrors look like. Have you never seen on before?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

8,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
Machine - For Sale
Eastvale, CA
$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SLCpunk2113.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party?tu=SLCpunk2113 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.