IMG_3761 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3762 (resized).png
20240410_201325.jpg
abba tk lock (resized).jpg
IMG_3111 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3109 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3108 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #235 ALERT: Be sure to check PRO Ball Lock Post, it can come loose. Posted by chuckwurt (4 years ago)

Post #712 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Replacement rubber info Posted by fooflighter (4 years ago)

Post #1272 TECH: TOYS. Demogorgon adjustment to make less shot rejects Posted by rs812 (4 years ago)

Post #1273 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Projector focus adjustment instructions Posted by rs812 (4 years ago)

Post #1717 TECH: PLAYFIELD. TK lock and deflector adjustment instructions Posted by chuckwurt (4 years ago)

Post #3533 TECH: BOOTING. Fix for Spike machines that frequently have problems booting Posted by C0untDeM0net (3 years ago)

Post #5955 MOD: Stranger Things action button surround and shooter plate Posted by pinballslave (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Powerhouse47.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4744 3 years ago

My premium arrives Monday! So excited. Has final showdown been shown yet?

#4747 3 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

You're gonna love it!
No

Much Excite. Loved when we play tested it. Family vote for the one to take home: ST or JurassicPark. The kids much preferred ST

#4767 3 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Final showdown has not been coded In yet.

*rubs hands* ‘soon, soon.’ Just played again to hold me over until Monday.

#4812 3 years ago

Just waiting happily on my delivery today.

#4832 3 years ago

I'll share my settings.
Left eject 19
Trough eject 180 (I always turn this down to try to decrease shooter lane wear)
Ball launch 200
Slingshots 14 (default was giving me some airballs)
Left flipper 250
Right flipper 255
Outlane posts centered (right outline still gets me frequently)

Just got ST today. TK lock works great, but when my shots have power. I’m excited to try your settings. Everything default right now.

#4834 3 years ago

I'll share my settings.
Left eject 19
Trough eject 180 (I always turn this down to try to decrease shooter lane wear)
Ball launch 200
Slingshots 14 (default was giving me some airballs)
Left flipper 250
Right flipper 255
Outlane posts centered (right outline still gets me frequently)

What’s your angle set at? Degree and bubble?

#4837 3 years ago

UV kit and Shooter installed. Also dialed in projector. This thing is popping! 12 year just got 1st initials

#4847 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’ll be streaming the new code tonight if anyone wants to I’m hangout. 8pm eastern
www.twitch.tv/SDTMpinball

Any guidance on getting that left ramp more frequently. Our attempts seem not powerful enough and sends it SDTM.

#4860 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Beta testers have been sent coil cooling fan kits. Should be very close to release.

This to help the flippers loss of power over long play?

#4872 3 years ago

I’ve played for 3 hours last night and again today. Last half of games the TK was getting less and less caught off right flipper. Still very happy with the 1st hour being almost 9/10 TK catches. I think it’s understandable the heavy/long play will have an effect on flipper strength. Either way, last hour Still was WAY too fun. Addicting. Just. One. More.... Game

#4902 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

And has this helped?

Just installed mine over the weekend. They sound cleaner and step up. Make sure to keep game volume at 15 and adjust volume through the amp.

#4905 3 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

How are the call outs? Do they seem cleaner sounding and separated from the rest of the mix?

Yes. Some noises come through I didn’t hear before. Ohhh! And Hoppers “Jackpots” Are much cleaner. Actually sounds like David Harbour

#4908 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I would think you’d be able to dial the sound better with the Pinwoofer dials. Using the game would not be as precise.

correct, plus lower volume in machine can causes audio to cut in and out. AMP need MOAR POWER. volume at 15 is what the pinwoofer suggest to properly make adjustments on the amp

#4913 3 years ago
Quoted from Kharris:

Just changed my settings like you said, MAN WHAT A DIFFERENCE!! This is how it was intended. Sound is clearer and bass is deeper.

JACKPOT!
“Easy there Buddy” goes down a lot smooth with some of that sweet Hopper bass voice.

#4928 3 years ago
Quoted from Kharris:

Great score feels good to get all the BRE initials off your game!

Yaaaaaassssss

#4957 3 years ago
Quoted from wizard1974:

This arrived today [quoted image]

“That’s Pretty Cool” enter initials.

How’d you get it?

#4978 3 years ago

TK ramp and diverted working, but started not releasing the balls. They just hang there. Even after game ends, still hanging. Any thoughts?

#4979 3 years ago
Quoted from Powerhouse47:

TK ramp and diverted working, but started not releasing the balls. They just hang there. Even after game ends, still hanging. Any thoughts?

“Device Alert” Device Malfunction Telekinesis Lockup

#4991 3 years ago
Quoted from blowback1976:

This one is on Cointakers website:
https://cointaker.com/products/stranger-things-pinball-topper
They have another one as well. Stern hasn’t shown off an official one yet.

Do we think the topper and Final Showdown will be related/releases at the same time? Maybe integrated with action button?

#4998 3 years ago

Video mode!
Video mode!
Maybe if I keep saying it it will happen

So I’m new to Pinball. What is video mode?

#5000 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

just a little side mission in the game where you play a video game style mode on the LCD/DMD screen.

Any tips/how-tos on installing the LotR coil? Just got it in. I’m also going to get the vireland mod. But want to install the LotR as well

#5002 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I wouldn't run the heavier LotR coil and the coil cooling kit together because you'll have full overpowered coil strength for the whole game without letup. It will likely break stuff faster. I'd do either/or.

Ahhhh. Well. When would one need to make the choice? I.e. when is cooling kit ready?

#5004 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Cut the diode off and install it just like the stock coil. Also reduce the right flipper power to 240 because like Vireland said, you’ll now have a more powerful coil that doesn’t get tired (not needed).

You’re too kind Sir. “Don’t use words like diode, we don’t know what it means.” Joking of course... But seriously I don’t know what diode means

#5006 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Please do not install that coil. Haha
It’s the tiny black plastic thing that has two metal legs on it soldered to the outside lugs of the coil. This game uses coils with no diodes. You’ll mess your game up if you put that coil in without cutting that diode off.
But again. Just wait for the fans. You’ll be glad you did.[quoted image]

“You underestimate my power.” I think you’re right. I’m gonna wait. You’ve been great, thx Chuck

#5026 3 years ago
Quoted from sbauers73:

also noticing delayed reactions(sounds) to hitting demagorgan. sometimes a few seconds, sometimes its right on

I get that from time to time. Usually some other sounds hasn’t fully finished is all. When TK multiball going, happens a lot. Games waits for hopper to say ‘jackpot’ then registers the hit

#5073 3 years ago
Quoted from tk375:

BULLSHIT! JACKPOT! BULLSHIT! JACKPOT! BULLSHIT! JACKPOT!
Haha I am sure some if you have done it. Did it Yesterday!

So rewarding. The pinwoofer kit brings it to another level too.

#5076 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Just as long as it isn't an Eggo eating contest...

Hahahaha. Noice.

#5104 3 years ago
Quoted from Flash71:

Man I gotta say....moving that ramp forward so the arm is centered in the cutout is huge to the TK lock working more consistently.Even with a decent shot now I get a lock. This post is the Bible for the Telekinesis Lock. Follow it to a T and you’ll be locking 99% of the time at a minimum. Well done

Testify! Go Chuck for the work. Amen

#5126 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Awesome! Happy to help.

Any tips on bending the TK arm down. Mine is slightly higher than 2 inches. Just not sure for to bend, I don’t want to cause further damage

#5129 3 years ago
Quoted from JDub03:

Assuming the official topper will be interactive with the .98 code release notes, anyone have any thoughts on what it will be? I just hope it's not a $600 piece of acrylic like JP. Something like BKSOR would be ideal. Maybe the Mind Flayer or something with the final mode? The code updates have been solid and Stern has made this game into an unknown gem now. Great value for a new game, let's hope the topper, tops it off!

100% agree.

#5132 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Push it down. Nothing to it. Just go slow.

Alright. I’ve been playing for last 2 hours. I think I’m at 18/24 TK. And 2 of them were rattled up the ramp. The arm less than 2 inches is PARAMOUNT. Anywho. Now I have thread stuck up there that haven’t come down. Which switch is the magnet lock release?

#5133 3 years ago

Alright. I’ve been playing for last 2 hours. I think I’m at 18/24 TK. And 2 of them were rattled up the ramp. The arm less than 2 inches is PARAMOUNT. Anywho. Now I have thread stuck up there that haven’t come down. Which switch is the magnet lock release?

I rebooted and can hear it trying to release. Make soft thump sound

#5134 3 years ago

I rebooted and can hear it trying to release. Make soft thump sound

And. Is it say error

#5137 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The switches for the magnet are to the right of it on the backboard. They are two optos. Play around with them in switch test.

Thanks. Chuck. If you’re ever in Indy. I owe you a beer. Or two. And a bourbon.

#5149 3 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

Star Court Mall with the mind flayer and Some Surprise season 3 content with the topper would be cool.

Agreed! Worth the money IMO. I mean season 3 came after all the main plans. DLC that makes sense cause development
hours would be on top Of what’s already planned.

#5167 3 years ago
Quoted from FredZZZ:

Hi all,
Just a Quick thought,
Yesterday I played several pinball machines for hours (JP, TMNT, Deadpool) which are really good games off course. But if I compare to ST, I don't understand at all why there is so much bad love and bad ratings on this game. How is this possible? Off course, there is no perfect game but this game doesn't deserve such this poor rating on pinside. This game deserves to be in the top 20? What is your opinion ?
Best regards

Agreed. I went to an arcade last weekend. Played all new ones. ST holds it own.

#5238 3 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

I've been buying from Ball Baron. They have been great. I've never used the Titan pinballs but I highly recommend if you buy from them you get the glow in the dark flipper bat rubbers and slingshot rubbers. They look awesome with the UV Kit.

Where are the glow in the dark bats? Wonder if Uv kit makes it glow too

#5245 3 years ago
Quoted from Kharris:

I use mm in America 9mm and 5.56mm

Ooh Rah

1 week later
#5315 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Fun head to head stream with TOMGWI from fox cities pinball! We did best of three for total score, race to extra ball, race to total isolation and played to see who could get the through the most Demogorgon modes.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/730555468

What flipper rubbers you have from stream? Look neon?

#5326 3 years ago
Quoted from Flash71:

Loaded cleland sound mod for ST today. Hell F’n yea man.Super easy to install and totally kick ass. Makes me work for a high score just to hear jimmy play that sweet sound!! Enjoy your holiday gents!!

Agreeeeeeed. Wonderful mix.

#5331 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Thanks for helping.
Also zero reports of the game going to bonus after finishing send it back so maybe it’s a problem with the specific game you’ve played. I’ve completed send it back a bunch and have friends that have done the same in their pro a bunch. No issues.

I’ve got a March 11 2020 build. And had zero issues with code. Chuck helped with making sure TK arm was aligned properly. All else has been perfect and fun. I didn’t know there was more to the code until well after I got it. Just even more to be enjoy when it’s released.

#5357 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Please reach out to us if you have any issues before posting something negative and allow us to address it. Your post makes it sound like our products are crap. Never have we received feedback about having to redrill the sign to fit the motor and we’ve sold a lot of them. Motor noise varies, but we now have a method to make it nearly silent. If any has a noisy motor they don’t like, send it back at my cost and I’ll take care of it for you. Just send me an email.
You said bad lighting kits suggesting there were more than one bad lighting mod. Please reach out to us and let me know what was bad. You sent us an email about a trough light yesterday that we responded to, what else was bad? On the trough light, You stated it wasn’t working when you first installed it and that you cut it up. However, all that you needed to do was install the spike polarity adapter we included as noted in the instructions. Plugging in the supplied adapter addresses the issue.
I’m sorry you experienced issues, but whenever an issue arises, we are ALWAYS responsive and ALWAYS make it right.

Get Some’!!! My JP-Pro mods from Ler we’re amazing. No issues from my orders!

#5362 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Okay, foam's finally cut and on the way, so I've gone ahead and put the coil cooling kits in the pinmonk store here on pinside.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1170-pin-monk/04203-tibetan-breeze-coil-cooling-kit
[quoted image]
They'll be on pinmonk.com for international orders next week.

Just placed my order!

#5399 3 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

When you power up the machine, the projector comes on before any playfield lighting. And the projector looks great at that point. It is bright and crisp - especially if you use a quality screen material in and darker color to replace the stock white stuff. It’s not until the playfield inserts come on that it washes out. It’s just the ambient lighting coming from the machine, and there’s not much you are going to be able to do to make that much better.

I dimmed some of the GI lighting for this reason. I was happy with stock, but lowering GI made it look even better

#5401 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

This is adjustable through the settings, or you dimmed them another way?

general settings

#5458 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Thanks for the compliments on the flipper cooling kit. I'd write more but i'm on my phone because Spectrum's down AGAIN.
I'm still shipping out the backlog of orders for it but should be caught up by the weekend.

Got mine! Super fast. Thank you!!!

1 week later
#5609 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The art wasn’t what people wanted. The layout wasn’t what people wanted. The code was basic basic day 1 like guardians, so not very appealing. Then covid hit before anyone could play the newest code.
Just like GOT, it’s gonna be a game that is super solid, but largely people won’t care about it.

AGREEEEEEEEED.

#5700 3 years ago

Just got a great game in. Once everything is dialed in, it sings when played. I hit burn it back 5 times in a row for my 5-way combo. That ranks like #3 best moments. Child #1 and #2 just edge burn it back combo for best life moments.

#5709 3 years ago
Quoted from pudluther:

as a pin owner with 3 kids, i can tell you, the 5-way-combo edges out the last kid. been there, done that.

¡Testify!

#5742 3 years ago

Quick question. I add the cooling fans (awesome btw) and moved my britebuttons mod to the CN2 space because the fans use CN11. But I don’t get any power to the buttons. When I switch back, they light up. So it seems I need to turn the CN2 power on in settings?

#5746 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

CN2 is 5V, CN11 is 12V. Also, the pinouts are not the same. So CN2 is a dead-end if you need 12V.
CN3 and CN4 are 12V (different pin arrangement).
CN9 is for the dollar bill acceptor and is also 12V.[quoted image]

Thank you! The best you are.

#5747 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

CN2 is 5V, CN11 is 12V. Also, the pinouts are not the same. So CN2 is a dead-end if you need 12V.
CN3 and CN4 are 12V (different pin arrangement).
CN9 is for the dollar bill acceptor and is also 12V.[quoted image]

Need new pin connector. Any idea what one I should order?

1 week later
#5876 3 years ago

New code flips. No issues. Play similar to last code. Didn’t get far enough to trigger new content

#5894 3 years ago
Quoted from killborn:

Haha! I'll forget what happens in Final Showdown before I'm good enough to get there.

Why is it, that I can’t replicate all the good shots when the new code drops. I was KILLING it before final showdown, getting close to it last week. But since .99.1, I’m like barely getting to Total ISO 1. Hahaha. I’m nervous I guess

#5936 3 years ago
Quoted from killborn:

I totally understand the nervousness. This game makes me sweat when I play. I saw someone on Twitch say, "This game really keeps you on your toes." Ha! That's a bit of an understatement imo. It takes some serious work to get to total iso2, let alone Final Showdown. Deadflip has a stream where he got to FS on the .98 code and it took 3 death saves and at least a couple of extra balls. It was 40 minutes of the most action I've seen in a game, and inevitably led to this biggest sphincter buster ever because FS wasn't coded yet. Haha

It has me coming back and making small talent increases of play. The mark of a great, and long lasting game.

#5937 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Considering selling my JP pro for a ST premium ... Those who own both, would you do it? My biggest hesitation is the lack of humor and overall darkness of the theme. Is it a "scary" game to play? Is there any humor? I am kind of wuss.

I own both. I think the compliment each other so well. If I had to pick one, I’d go with Stranger Things, it sees the most play from guests. Although I think I’m better at JP Pro, ST has a kind of addiction about it.

DC0C8040-223B-4B61-8D47-7DD08B720674 (resized).jpegDC0C8040-223B-4B61-8D47-7DD08B720674 (resized).jpeg
#6042 3 years ago
Quoted from Mike7599:

Wow is all I can say. I removed the spacers and replaced them with a single washer on each screw. Also removed the rubber post on top of the one way gate. What a huge difference! First shot nailed the demo right in the mouth. I’m hitting it pretty consistent now. Also while I still am getting the occasional air balls (much less than before) almost none of them are hitting the glass. Before I’d say about 75% would slam the glass. It was crazy. When I had it all taken apart I debated bending the actual metal frame as mentioned in the linked post but decided against it for now. I have a feeling if the demo was more level instead of slightly pitched back it would eliminate all the air balls. But I’m happy with how it is now, so I’m going to see what happens. Thanks everyone for the help!

Any way you could post pictures/directions how to do this? Be great resource for the thread

1 month later
#6701 3 years ago
Quoted from Flash71:

Gotta go Sting!

Agreeeeeeed

3 months later
#8818 3 years ago

The new phone books are here!

#8825 3 years ago

Grabbing mine. It’s different enough. Looks neat. I mean, I wasn’t expecting BKSOR.

#8855 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

This should be pinside’s motto.

hahahahahaha. Yes. This. It’s a hobby, and as long as no one judges people on how they spend money on their hobby, we good. I love the community for its willingness to help others with issues. I hate the community when they judge others on excitement over someones hobby. All that aside, I think the motto of pinside is def “Not Happy, but will buy”

#8908 3 years ago

Hold on to your units. When video mode hits, this will be hard to get. I have no intel on a video mode, but I have a feeling its coming.

#8975 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Initial thoughts for mods/additions:
1) Speaker Light Kit
2) UV/Glow in Dark rubber. Who has this?
Other suggestions? No topper for me.

Pinwoofer speaker and subwoofer setup then that sweet,sweet Cleland code. Game sounds amazing!

1 week later
#9212 3 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Toppers are SUCH a waste of money but F me this thing is SWEET!
[quoted image]

Waiting on mine! Looks great. The hate on this has subsided cause it seems Stern offered something new/different and not too costly (granted the Whole hobby is costly). I think this is a Stranger Things win!!!

2 years later
#18485 5 months ago

My telekinesis magnet isn’t letting go of the pinballs. Makes a faint knock noise. Can anyone please help

#18492 5 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Have you checked the assembly behind the backboard? Sounds like the magnet assembly may be loose.

Can’t really tell. Any thing you can point to look for?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Vaughan, ON
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Powerhouse47.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party?tu=Powerhouse47 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.