20240328_091907 (resized).jpg
20240328_091912 (resized).jpg
20240326_130903 (resized).jpg
20240327_085933 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240327_090153_Gallery (resized).jpg
20240326_234550 (resized).jpg
20240326_234700 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #235 ALERT: Be sure to check PRO Ball Lock Post, it can come loose. Posted by chuckwurt (4 years ago)

Post #712 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Replacement rubber info Posted by fooflighter (4 years ago)

Post #1272 TECH: TOYS. Demogorgon adjustment to make less shot rejects Posted by rs812 (4 years ago)

Post #1273 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Projector focus adjustment instructions Posted by rs812 (4 years ago)

Post #1717 TECH: PLAYFIELD. TK lock and deflector adjustment instructions Posted by chuckwurt (4 years ago)

Post #3533 TECH: BOOTING. Fix for Spike machines that frequently have problems booting Posted by C0untDeM0net (3 years ago)

Post #5955 MOD: Stranger Things action button surround and shooter plate Posted by pinballslave (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinash.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16397 1 year ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

http://pinrepair.com/stranger/s6000_1.jpg
In this picture there is a node board to the right of the projector that is not on the pros. My guess is that node board is the key to unlocking the signal just like the scanner node board for the insider connected.

An easy check of that theory would be to disconnect devices from a premium (with power off) and see if it halts the projector display.

#16400 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

The MPU had something different about it. My premium didn't work out of the box and stern had sent me a replacement HDMI cable and projector. I swapped them in and it still didn't work. Then I swapped my black knight MPU in and it played but no projector. Lonnie actually emailed me to help troubleshoot and determined the wrong mpu was installed because its unique to the sth prem. They sent me a new MPU and the game worked flawless. I believe it's documented in this thread somewhere.

Part number from the premium manual is nothing special (509-1003-01). Was it just the board, or any dongles etc?

#16418 1 year ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

That's cool. But asking more what's displayed on the main lcd for a pro running premium code as it may give a hint where the checks are in code. If the main lcd acts the same as a premium I suspect the check would be something lower level, like bios etc.
Could maybe try to cross check with games like star wars that also have a second display (assuming that's using the second HDMI out on the screen above the 3 bank).

Or see if a Star Wars will operate fine (with mini lcd) when swapping in a “regular” generic spike cpu. If it does, then ST might have a unique lock. Maybe someone in the Star Wars owners thread had to swap an cpu at some point.

1 month later
#16774 1 year ago

Does anyone know if the premium UV kit will install on the pro? Anything I should be aware of before I try?

#16792 1 year ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

Had my pro a little while now and have a couple of q's if anyone can help
1. Is there anywhere I can get a replacement demogorgon ramp? mine has a couple of significant dents in the lip
2. Is there anywhere I can get a replacement decal for under the left ramp?
3. My gate at the shooter lane exit hits the underside of the right ramp on one side, there's a little bit of damage on the underside of the ramp. Should I mylar there or is there a better solution?
4. Under tech alerts my pro says 'pro code detected on a premium'. It's definitely a pro! Why is that an alert?
5. Sometimes I get a few seconds ball save and I don't know why, do some modes have a ball save at the start? It's not at the start of ball or start of a demogorgon, multiball or mini wiz mode.
6. What's the easiest way to replace the post rubbers by the drops? I've only just replaced them as I had the ramps and everything off to do some other stuff but I'm guessing they will wear the quickest and it seemed a pain to get to them if you didn't already have everything off. Wondering if I'm missing an easy way.
Thanks for any answers!

Based on #4, you may have a "premium" CPU, which makes you very lucky! I will gladly swap you my pro CPU so you don't have to suffer with that error

2 weeks later
#16906 1 year ago

Are there two versions of the Demog sculpt? I’m convinced the one on location near me has a smaller opening than the others I’ve played.

#16916 1 year ago

HDMI out on my pro! The original owner never updated the code, so it came to me with 0.8x. I downloaded the PRE 1.07 update from Stern and plugged the usb in.

Now to find a cheap projector!

49A8B627-65E7-4DBF-86ED-690CC602764A (resized).jpeg49A8B627-65E7-4DBF-86ED-690CC602764A (resized).jpeg
#16920 1 year ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

I don't know if the pro will have the cutout for a the projector on the apron but I believe there would be a ton of aprons floating around. The UV kit on the Pre/LE comes with a new apron.

Luckily my uv kit is a Premium

#16924 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinash:

HDMI out on my pro! The original owner never updated the code, so it came to me with 0.8x. I downloaded the PRE 1.07 update from Stern and plugged the usb in.
Now to find a cheap projector!
[quoted image]

For those wondering, it was originally ver 0.85.

Since I have to start from scratch, does it make sense to use the Darkstar material? Or should I just use the white sticker sheet from PBL?

#16928 1 year ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

that is a shitload of not playing pinball time to get the projector working on a pro, lol
i think earning the money to buy a premium through traditional means would be a lot easier than all that haha

There are many aspects to the hobby. You’d probably die if you saw how much time I’ve put into reviving $1k player machines. Some people like to work on cars, some only like to drive them.

#16949 1 year ago
Quoted from Medic:

So version .85 allows hdmi out for projector on a pro? If I update to 1.07 from .85 wouldn’t hdmi out stop?

Nope see my earlier post. BUT the difference is, my machine only had .85 and was never updated. I’m not sure if something was implemented in later codes that “permanently” marks your board as a pro.

Unfortunately I did not have the foresight to backup .85

#16973 1 year ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Finally had a chance to dial in my “new to me” pin. It’s been a couple years since I did it to mine.
Tk lock, Demogorgan spacers, burn it back saucer we’re all out of wack. only took about an hour but it’s remarkable how much it changes the gameplay. Having to bash the Demogorgan to death is exhausting.

The saucer always seems to drift back on mine. Adjustments only seem to last a dozen games. Any tips?

#16983 1 year ago

Can someone share a picture of the PRE/LE apron/drain area facing the drain/projector? Specifically, I'm trying to locate exactly where the stock projector shines through the apron. Thanks

#16986 1 year ago

Thanks coasterguy cfh !!

1 week later
#17019 1 year ago
Quoted from Tarheel4985:

Probably a long shot, but does anyone have an unpopulated Stranger Things playfield and ideally, access to an HP 4670 scanner? Like others, I've developed a chip on the clear coat by the saucer and reached out to Cliff to see if he had a protector for that. He's planning to make a carbon fiber protector for the saucer if he can get a tracing or scan of the playfield in that area, which would likely be a pretty useful part for all current owners given the wear and tear it experiences.

I’m looking to buy a new pf, so if anyone has one to sell please let me know!

1 week later
#17058 1 year ago

Yikes! If these sales keep up, Stern will HAVE to make new ones (at a new ‘23 price of course).

#17061 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You can’t tell the game is off level by a mm or 2.
Your other option is cutting the return spring to make it weaker and return the post slower.

I cut down an old Bally flipper spring and my post now works perfect!

#17088 1 year ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Anyone have a UV plastic set they wish to sell? Or a spare -05 UV plastic?
I would also be open to purchasing a complete UV kit for either Pro or Premium (the plastic I need is in both sets).
The premium I purchased has a broken -05 plastic. [quoted image]

That’s going to be tough to find. Maybe buy uv paint and brush on some designs to the old non-uv plastic?

3 weeks later
#17184 1 year ago
Quoted from ggg71:

Hi all,
A few questions about my Pro:
At the top of the left ramp, there is a hole in the bottom of the ramp. Occasionally I'll have a ball bounce off the lock post and then get stuck sitting in the hole. I can jiggle it out, but my daughter can't. Just curious - does anybody know why the ramp has a hole there?
I have a small amount of clear coat bubbling next to the saucer. I am going to put mylar over it. My question is should I use a razorblades and remove the small section of clear that is lifting before I put the mylar down? Or is there a better way to do this fix?
Has anyone installed the translucent drop targets from Mezel mods? I like the look of it, but curious if it's a difficult install and if anyone else has an opinion of it?
Thanks!

Tough to say without seeing your playfield, but for clear coat repair around posts, most people use a vinyl auto upholstery repair iron to melt the clear back flush. There are posts and YouTube videos on this method.

2 weeks later
#17279 1 year ago
Quoted from blizz81:

Pro owners can still try to hold & obtain an add a ball at mystery, but the swipe would be nice (also would be nice if the code allowed for a swipe on pro even if it wasn’t coming off the back wall - which I think if you load premium code on your pro you can do, but you lose some LCD animations).

My pro is running the Premium code just fine. Like you said, you lose some LCD animations, but DO gain the swipe a ball.

#17283 1 year ago

If anyone currently running the premium software on their pro is willing to help me troubleshoot something, please shoot me a PM.

#17293 1 year ago

My Morse code insert is always dimly lit. I’ve swapped the 3-led boards around, and the issue stays at that location (does not follow the board). I’ve done a quick trace of the wires and don’t see any obvious damage or shorts. I don’t have a lot of experience troubleshooting lighting in Spike 2, so any tips are appreciated!

903F1A59-4F73-4527-90C4-F237D069C1D3 (resized).jpeg903F1A59-4F73-4527-90C4-F237D069C1D3 (resized).jpeg
#17296 1 year ago
Quoted from ggg71:

Mine is very similar to yours. I looked at it and I wasn’t convinced it was the led. I thought it might be some type of reflection making it appear that way. I am however not an expert, so it’ll be interesting to see what other people think.

Quoted from Lilpro66:

My Morse code insert is like this also on my premium.

Interesting, so it's not just me.

#17299 1 year ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

There are two dimly lit inserts on Stern Star Trek as well that were common to all games... There was a post that recommended switching them out with these:
https://cointaker.com/products/stern-spike-led
... And that actually did the trick.
Possible that could be a solution here as well?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/st-pro-two-right-enterprise-inserts-are-dim#post-1573036

I think you misunderstood my issue. The insert is ALWAYS lit regardless of game state (just dimly).

#17302 1 year ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

I wonder if this issue was addressed in a node board firmware update. For you guys who are seeing this issue, are you running the latest code?

Negative. I'm on 1.05 cleland code.

#17305 1 year ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

Pop in a fresh SD card with 1.07 on it and see if the problem goes away.

Would that prevent me from switching back to 1.05 later? I've swapped back and fourth between SD cards before, but never when it affected the node firmware.

#17316 1 year ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

Pop in a fresh SD card with 1.07 on it and see if the problem goes away.

Brand new code and SD card did not fix the dimly lit Morse code insert

#17318 1 year ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Had the same issue on my TMNT(ball save light was always on but dim)and it was a node board failure.

Bummer, I don’t love the whole node board architecture.

#17321 1 year ago
Quoted from TeeJayN:

It sounds like a board problem. The Morse Code LED is on a small 3 LED board - 520-7011-00. Fortunately STh has 2 of those boards in the game. I'd start swapping those 2 boards and see if the problem follows. Also check/reseat connector CN2 on board 8B - 520-8433-00.

I've done all of the above. Stern tech support believes 520-8433-00 has failed. I've reached out to my distro to order one, fingers crossed its not too pricey. If it is, well then I may pull the board and take a closer look.

#17337 1 year ago

Stern tested the waters with the EHOH price increase, and liked what they saw. It's going to be painful to see what they charge for ST premium.

2 weeks later
#17444 11 months ago

I have a spare used cpu that has the hdmi port unlocked, if any pro owners are interested. $850 shipped.

2 weeks later
#17538 11 months ago

Listing my spare Cpu with functional HDMI port. Sold my ST before I could get around to installing the projector.

Parts - For Sale
Used, good condition - “Used Spike 2 cpu with HDMI port unlocked and functional. Can be used to upgrade Stranger Things Pro to include the projector.”
2023-07-17
York, ME
450 (OBO)
Archived after: 67 days
Viewed: 285 times

8 months later
#20182 89 days ago

If any Pro owners are looking for an HDMI unlocked Spike 2 cpu board to add a projector, I have a used spare. Pm me if interested.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Trade
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Guilford, CT
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
6,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Louisville, KY
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinash.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party?tu=Pinash and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.