20240326_234550 (resized).jpg
20240326_234700 (resized).jpg
20240326_221810 (resized).jpg
Stranger Things Targets (resized).jpg
IMG_3169 (resized).jpeg
chamber (resized).jpg
StrangerThingsProjectorIssue (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #235 ALERT: Be sure to check PRO Ball Lock Post, it can come loose. Posted by chuckwurt (4 years ago)

Post #712 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Replacement rubber info Posted by fooflighter (4 years ago)

Post #1272 TECH: TOYS. Demogorgon adjustment to make less shot rejects Posted by rs812 (4 years ago)

Post #1273 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Projector focus adjustment instructions Posted by rs812 (4 years ago)

Post #1717 TECH: PLAYFIELD. TK lock and deflector adjustment instructions Posted by chuckwurt (4 years ago)

Post #3533 TECH: BOOTING. Fix for Spike machines that frequently have problems booting Posted by C0untDeM0net (3 years ago)

Post #5955 MOD: Stranger Things action button surround and shooter plate Posted by pinballslave (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PanzerFreak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#162 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

I’m thinking about pulling the trigger on the pro model in the next week or 2. Gonna be out on medical for 3 weeks and will need something to do in the meantime. I really want this game. But don’t know if I can convince the wife of my purchasing it. What do u guys think would happen if I just order it without her knowledge ?

I'm thinking of the same thing with a pro. Can always try Stanley's advice from The Office if she gets upset! 33s-45s lol.

1 year later
#9916 2 years ago

Well, I have to admit that Stranger Things looks pretty damn cool a year or so later. The game appears to have a very deep objective based ruleset which is what I prefer over the tournament / points focused rulesets. The game looks loaded too compared to some other recent pro's.

Would $5800 be the best price for a Stranger Things Pro? Maybe a bit more or less? I'm not sure what expected shipped price should be.

#9926 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I truly don't understand you. STh has absolutely NOTHING on the playfield, and that's one of the things people were merciless about in trashing the game last year. You complained about that very thing with LZ (also a great game), and now you're coming around to the fact that a machine with nothing on it can actually be a shitload of fun. I've got a lot of respect for you, Panzer (being a fellow WOZ fan from way back), but I'm really left scratching my head with the way you think.
But yes...STh is amazing, which is what we intelligent people in this thread have been saying for over a year now (and enduring the taunts of nitwits for nearly as long...). Get one, and enjoy how much fun an empty playfield can actually be.

Except it's not an empty playfield. Stranger Things Pro has far more interactive toys in it then LZ Pro. How can you not see that? LZ Pro basically has no interactive mechs, other then the drop targets nothing moves in that game lol. Stranger Things Pro has a moving ramp, a bank of 4 drop targets, and the the Demogorgon toy / shot. That's a lot more!

#9939 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Who the hell gets the pro?
And you're forgetting Ick on a stick. That's a toy. It's a lame toy, but it's still a toy.
The demogorgon on the pro doesn't even move, and a moving ramp is still really just a ramp. This is a stretch to justify getting something you're interested in. But here's the thing: You NEVER have to justify liking a game, whether it's packed with plastic crap or not. Games can be fun with only a few ramps and carefully placed flippers and targets--either drop or standup. Look at all the games pre-1990 that are still a ton of fun to play...

Sounds like you are discounting Stranger Things Pro a bit. A moving ramp is a toy, not just a ramp. It's a ramp that moves to reveal a shot as well, a shot into another toy being the Demogorgon. The Demogorgon on the pro is a toy, it interacts with the ball, plus the game picks up shots to it that either hit off to the side or down the center.

Ick on a stick? Stranger Things Pro kinda looks loaded next to a LZ Pro. I do justify purchasing a game partially based on features as these prices are insane. Those games pre 1990 are fun but I wouldn't pay $6k - $9k+ for one.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Panzer is actually posting in a club thread about a game with no toys in it? Did someone hack their account? I thought they expected a lot more from a 6-9k pinball machine?!!?

Nothing like getting attacked by the OP of a Stern owners game thread simply for complimenting a game and asking for purchasing advice lol. You are still so incredibly sensitive about this game and all Stern products.

Thanks for attacking me Chuck and Beezle and assisting with answering my question about pricing. At least this crap doesn't happen in JJP owners threads

"Join our Party" he says, sure! My ass lol.

#9950 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Who the hell was attacking you? How sensitive are you, anyway? Did you even read what I wrote about you in two separate posts?

Wow...I can see what you mean: those are some harsh words about you.
PS...you'll notice I didn't even downvote you because I like you so much. Can you say the same? Now MY feelings are hurt.

Lol I'm sorry! Didn't mean to get that pissed haha.

#9957 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I'm always happy to see new/more people realizing how much damn fun Stranger Things is. But you made your bed based on your prior posts. You are just completely inconsistent in your opinions. You have a million posts talking about how important interactive toys are, then you come in here and try to pretend that Stranger Things pro has a lot of good interactive toys in it, including a damn flap that goes up and down!
The fact that you apparently think Stranger Things is fun just goes to prove how wrong you are about a pin needing to have a ton of interactive toys in it to be fun. Trying to spin it as though STh pro has a bunch of toys in it to justify your enjoyment is laughable.
You want to join the STh party? Hell yes, join us. But don't make ridiculous claims about *why* you enjoy it, such as drop targets and a flap that drops.

Will disagree. The criticism I poster about Stanger Things was in general game threads and it was primarily about the premium. Criticism is fair game in general threads, always has been. If you can't take criticism in a general game thread I don't know what to say.

Maybe it took an empty pin like LZ Pro to make me realize that Stranger Things Pro has a few toys in it. Features like a moving ramp, the Demogorgon, and drops are toys in my opinion. At these crazy prices I'll always be critical of what games come with regardless of the manufacturer. I've been very critical of JJP raising GNR prices by $1k for example.

One last thing. You can enjoy a game but also be critical of what it comes with, or lack thereof.

#9980 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Wow. It's like you didn't read my post.
I never said that you couldn't or shouldn't criticize a game, or that it wasn't fair game to do so.
I said that you are completely inconsistent in your opinions.

I've commented a lot on a new pinball machine needing to offer value to justify the price tag, it's something important to me (as well as many buyers) at today's NIB prices. Fun factor alone isn't work $6k - $9k+ for me. Value can come from toys, features, etc but also code. I see a lot of value in Stranger Things Pro and or premium / LE when I see the code work that Stern has put into the game over the past year. Not all Stern games have the code depth that Stranger Things has which includes number of modes, code that contains licensed assets, modes that have stages, and well done choreography. Someone may look at two games with a similar number of features, say Stranger Things pro and Munster's Pro and say that Stranger Things offers significantly more value due to it's code being deeper, and more developed.

#9990 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Way to cherry pick the one game (Munsters Pro) that is intentionally shallow to prove your point. Stranger Things really isn't that deep. You literally have to shoot the same shot several times to activate a mode...something that you apparently despise. I am glad you like it but man, you really are contradicting yourself.

I'm not contradicting myself. I've seen gameplay video of Stranger Things modes and a majority of the modes have the player hitting different shots to complete it. That's what I'm a fan of, not a game filled with primarily "hit the right ramp 6x, hit the orbit 10x" style modes. It's also nice that there's multiple wizard modes and multiballs, that adds a lot of depth as well.

I've never felt this unwelcomed in a thread before in my nearly 12 years on Pinside. I've never seen another member of the site treated like this in a club thread and it all simply started with me complimenting the game and asking about pricing. Over what? Providing any type of criticism at Stern in general game threads? Wow...that's normal.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods
Plastics
Machine - For Sale
Covington, GA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toppers
$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toppers
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
$ 74.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Trade
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PanzerFreak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party?tu=PanzerFreak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.