IMG_3331 (resized).png
IMG_3330 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8622 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #235 ALERT: Be sure to check PRO Ball Lock Post, it can come loose. Posted by chuckwurt (4 years ago)

Post #712 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Replacement rubber info Posted by fooflighter (4 years ago)

Post #1272 TECH: TOYS. Demogorgon adjustment to make less shot rejects Posted by rs812 (4 years ago)

Post #1273 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Projector focus adjustment instructions Posted by rs812 (4 years ago)

Post #1717 TECH: PLAYFIELD. TK lock and deflector adjustment instructions Posted by chuckwurt (4 years ago)

Post #3533 TECH: BOOTING. Fix for Spike machines that frequently have problems booting Posted by C0untDeM0net (3 years ago)

Post #5955 MOD: Stranger Things action button surround and shooter plate Posted by pinballslave (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Palmer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5888 3 years ago

Anyone with a premium that is interested in selling? Preferably in the eastern PA area.

3 months later
#7710 3 years ago

I am still looking for a Premium or an LE. Have a Stern Spider-man and/or Hotwheels as trade bait or I am going to end up selling both to fund a NIB. If the latter, anyone know of a distro that has one in stock? Going to call around this week.

1 month later
#8838 3 years ago

Not gonna lie. A little disappointed on the topper.

#9068 3 years ago

Just picked up a nice premium with some mods. Is there a way to adjust the projector? Feels like it’s projecting slightly low. Image isn’t the sharpest but not sure if that’s standard. I was looking through the op menu but couldn’t find anything.

#9121 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Focus wheel is manual and on the side of the projector itself. In feature diagnostics you can adjust the positions of all the projections. Make sure the interlock switch is enabled when in the test. You should see green images on all the screens.

For the focus wheel...do you have to remove the apron?

#9138 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

What is an example of something that adds to gameplay? The TK lock and the projector add a lot to the gameplay. It makes the game more fun.
I never think the premium is worth the up charge, but I almost always think the premium version of each game is the most fun.

Don’t forget the shaking demogorgan. Really adds a lot of energy to the centerpiece shot.

2 weeks later
#9468 3 years ago

Is the adjustable ramp cover something you can just contact Stern for and they will send it free of charge?

1 week later
#9814 2 years ago
Quoted from dinot:

If Williams could deliver games that didn't require adjustments in the 90s

#9988 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Someone may look at two games with a similar number of features, say Stranger Things pro and Munster's Pro and say that Stranger Things offers significantly more value due to it's code being deeper, and more developed.

Way to cherry pick the one game (Munsters Pro) that is intentionally shallow to prove your point. Stranger Things really isn't that deep. You literally have to shoot the same shot several times to activate a mode...something that you apparently despise. I am glad you like it but man, you really are contradicting yourself.

1 week later
#10289 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I’m happy for people that will get and enjoy their toppers, but I just don’t get it. It looks like something I’d see at Spencer’s Gifts for $150, and even then I’d be a nope. I’m clearly in the minority, and I’m sure these toppers will be reselling for $2k somewhere down the line. I guess the mode integration is everything.

I too am in the minority. I thought I would be more impressed when I saw it in person. Nope. It was what I thought it would be. And yea all the topper flippers will be selling them for 1200 in a couple of months. They just need to patiently wait until the run is finished and they can gouge their fellow collector.

#10440 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

These feeds were fixed on mine with the added rubber to the post at the shooter lane gate. Kicks the ball to the left flipper on sloppy fast exits from the pops.

I am sure you have posted several times the fix but can you explain again? Have a photo? I definitely have issues when the ball exits sloppy.

#10442 2 years ago

Yes it does...thanks as always!

2 weeks later
#10791 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It does if they have the left over parts. If they don’t have any projectors, TK locks, etc. Makes sense to just make the rest of the pros you can, then move on.

Is there a source for a spare projector?

1 month later
#11323 2 years ago
Quoted from chaz009:

I considered doing the same for my premium (incoming) but the giant Will head bothers me. Has anyone experimented with any other translite?

Retro Refurbs sells two other alt translates (basically one for each season).

1 month later
#11676 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

People wanna complain that Stranger Things is AFM/Medieval mashup, but that's kinda why it's great. We love those games. Brian gave us a mashup of his hits with modern rules and a great theme. And I love the throwback EB animation.

I agree. It is also the perfect non pinball players game. Every time I have people over to my house, STh gets played more than all of my other games combined.

3 months later
#12826 2 years ago
Quoted from palacekeeper:

Once properly dialed in there is no comparison in imho. If you play the Premium it will be hard to go back to the Pro. The Pro is a solid choice but the Premium/LE offer a much upgraded playing experience. You must take the time and patience to properly dial in the P/LE, otherwise you will be frustrated with it which detracts from the enjoyment, but once you get it it’s SO worth it! Also factor in that this is a somewhat religious debate and you will find that both Pro and Premium owners will swear theirs is better and they made the right choice. If you can, try to play both and then decide. If that’s not feasible it may come down to availability and price, assuming you can find a Premium/LE.

This. Once you get the game dialed in it is a much better experience than the Pro. But it comes at a cost as you won't see many Premiums or LEs for sale.

1 week later
#12943 2 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

With the universal/family appeal of this theme and gameplay fun, I think the prices are going to take off for the same reasons Ghostbusters did.

They already are.

#12983 2 years ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

pretty good game just now
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
started total isolation with 2x scoring lit. had all 6 balls on the table at once

Combo champion…nice.

1 week later
#13032 2 years ago

Anyone still looking for a topper? I ordered two and was unable to the cancel the second one before it came in. Not looking to make any profit. Just looking to get close to what I paid (700 shipped I believe).

3 weeks later
#13585 2 years ago

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

8,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Covington, LA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Palmer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party?tu=Palmer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.