IMG_3331 (resized).png
IMG_3330 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8622 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #235 ALERT: Be sure to check PRO Ball Lock Post, it can come loose. Posted by chuckwurt (4 years ago)

Post #712 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Replacement rubber info Posted by fooflighter (4 years ago)

Post #1272 TECH: TOYS. Demogorgon adjustment to make less shot rejects Posted by rs812 (4 years ago)

Post #1273 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Projector focus adjustment instructions Posted by rs812 (4 years ago)

Post #1717 TECH: PLAYFIELD. TK lock and deflector adjustment instructions Posted by chuckwurt (4 years ago)

Post #3533 TECH: BOOTING. Fix for Spike machines that frequently have problems booting Posted by C0untDeM0net (3 years ago)

Post #5955 MOD: Stranger Things action button surround and shooter plate Posted by pinballslave (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider P1nhead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13205 2 years ago

the "Great Yearly Pinball Budget Reset" is upon us soon and the wife is a huge fan of the pin and series. if anyone within an 8 hour (ish) drive of Pittsburgh is planning on selling their premium or LE, send me a PM.

#13297 2 years ago
Quoted from jk2171:

FYI…PinballLife website shows Prem/LE UV kits in stock.

And as soon as they started taking orders again, it was instantly sold out.

#13305 2 years ago

Well, hopefully when we find a premium or LE for sale they will already have the UV kit installed.

#13362 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

FYI ClassicGameRooms.com just sent out premium UV kits after an 11month to the day, wait from Stern.
if you are looking for Prem you might hit them up and see if they have any extras

Thanks for this, was able to order one.

2 weeks later
#13815 2 years ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

manual says it's this projector PROJECTOR, NANNING WINTOP INT'L TRDNG, MODEL S6000

I haven't been able to buy one but I would love to pick up a spare that isn't part of a $700 assembly from Stern

possibly this? https://www.tradewheel.com/p/portable-audio-video-cd-player-video-280622/

Here is the projector in question.

I'm assuming that many different manufacturers in china produce this. S6000 models all look kinda the same.

1 year later
#18080 6 months ago

Finally in the club ... took long enough! Love that new pin smell.

1 week later
#18215 6 months ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

How about 3d printing a protector with tpu as it had been done to the scoop in Rush.

I'm making one as soon as I take delivery. I will do the math to see if it is worth my time to sell them but plan on making them nice and cheap if able.

#18226 6 months ago
Quoted from qbass187:

In classic Pinside fashion I will request you to “Add me to the list!”.

Quoted from LeMansFan:

A list??? Oh, I like lists. Please add me to this might happen list.

As you wish.

1 week later
#18286 6 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You could use a light trigger over one of the top uv leds, so it's out of the way, but when that comes on it will trigger whatever you want.
Something like this (this is not an endorsement of this item, just using it as an example):
https://www.amazon.com/HiLetgo-Photoresistor-Sensor-Automatic-Control/dp/B073XL5161

Not a bad idea. Also, one could drive a relay or set a scene with z-wave/zigbee device if he has home automation.

https://www.thesmartesthouse.com/products/zooz-z-wave-plus-700-series-universal-relay-zen17-with-2-no-nc-relays-20a-10a

Even if you didn't use it to switch a load, it would still be a z-wave device in the network and you could have a scene do anything.

#18313 6 months ago

Has anyone here purchased the alternate translite from Xianek?

I know he is verboten in most circles but the guy is pretty nice and from what I've seen, puts out a quality product.

#18316 6 months ago

According to xianek he has a better quality and can make a backglass

This is true. The work he produces is stunning (artwork, "special effects," the printing process).

#18343 6 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

They don’t work off the shelf. Been tried.

When I get mine I will disassemble and see if any uart/serial to hook into - if I can dump the firmare then we can make it compatible (unless of course someone has already tried this and failed)

1 month later
#18888 4 months ago

I've seen several mention an le... Did I miss something?

#18966 4 months ago
Quoted from ASAC_Schrader:

Delivery day!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks beautiful way up there in Colorado!

#18986 4 months ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Next time do the Dayton Audio 10 or better yet 12. Cost less and sound better than the PSW10.
https://www.parts-express.com/Dayton-Audio-SUB-1000-10-100-Watt-Powered-Subwoofer-300-628?quantity=1
edit: the psw10 was fine when it was $70 but it's under powered and muddy for current prices.

I use Dayton audio exclusively and can vouch for this. I have a sub1200 under each of my stern machines currently.

it is fun to build speakers if you want the best bang for your buck in the home theater - parts express is great.

#19087 4 months ago

Paid in full yesterday, hoping I get shipment this week or next!!

#19145 4 months ago

I gave up on caring about dimpling. 2000 plays into maiden and it all leveled out. I've come to the conclusion if you don't want dimples, don't buy stern (or don't ever play it, use mylar/petg protector, send to kruzman, clear it yourself and let it cure, replace the ball bearings with bouncy balls).

That said, the last 5 spooky (AMH being one of them) are like a sheet of glass (AMH has a stupid amount of plays on it).

My former PB alien was the worst clear coat I've seen on a modern machine. I could take my nail and push in the clear in spots. I wonder if cointaker ever sent the new playfield to the guy that bought it from me... I waited over 14 months for them to tell me it was on the next shipping container.

Bottom line, pinball is hard.

1 week later
#19538 4 months ago

We are in an endless cycle of "it shipped" and "stern hasn't shipped it yet" - I have tracking that leads to nowhere.

I do not think we will have this for Christmas but maybe I will have it before next Chanukah?

Is the LTL freight company supposed to pick this up at stern or is stern supposed to drop it to them?

The freight company says they are waiting for stern to ship it to them... that was a week ago.

#19616 4 months ago
Quoted from insight75:

My premium should arrive tomorrow. It's coming Fedex per tracking. If I click refresh one more time on the tracking page I probably deserve to be institutionalized.

If your F5 key is not at least eroded to the point the text is no longer discernable, you have not crossed that threshold.

#19676 4 months ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

Is there any protection mods for the saucer on the left?

I've made one and will have it available for sale in my shop soon... UV reactive even.

Once I have several hundred plays on it (probably in a week or two) I will known of I have to tweak anything.

#19742 4 months ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Last three NIB I've bought had the coinbox clip either rattling around in the cabinet or in the bottom of the cardboard box. Missing a quality control step somewhere. Luckily I haven't had the coinbox go flying anywhere yet. Hope everything is okay.

Like this?

IMG20231221181233.jpgIMG20231221181233.jpg
#19748 4 months ago

My tk lock so far is perfect.

I keep having to tweak left eject - I can get it perfect at 18ms for pulse but eventually, it just moves to the right. Acorn nuts tightened down, made the adjustment, perfect orbits, tightened nuts again. Maybe 10 ejects max before it starts to fail. I can jack the coil power to 24 and make it reliable that way but would prefer not to do that.

Such a major gameplay mechanic not to have set right out the box. Though I'll take it over the flakey to lock other have.

Overall, a great game. Certainly meant for the home environment. I would've spent a couple hundred at the arcade playing this since yesterday.

#19762 4 months ago
Quoted from insight75:

Only my bottom metal plate seemed bent up in the middle. Once installed it seemed ok. Stern using better and better quality parts these days.

I bought my topper and uv kit when they released.

So all these years later when I finally have the machine, I was surprised to see my ramp uv brackets were not threaded.

Not a huge issue because every man should own a tap and die set. Hopefully stern checks their machining before sending out the newly made uv kits.

#19786 4 months ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Some items from Stern are not threaded and require a thread cutting screws. These items are not made incorrectly, it's just how they are designed. The manual will call for thread cutting screws if required for certain areas.

That's obtuse. The uv kit included machine screws, what I received was NOT self tapping. You aren't suppose to have to tap the holes yourself. The uv kit I received was made incorrectly, as is anyone else that received one without tapped holes.

#19797 4 months ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Flipper base plates and shooter housings are two examples of Stern items that require thread cutting screws.

I was actually shocked with the first shooter housing I got from Marcos when I made a homebrew and saw the recommended thread cutting machine screw.

Even at that, I don't think the UV kit instructions mentioned thread cutting screws - which would be prudent, some might not realize they'd be making aluminum shavings (the instructions recommend installing these after the ramps are put back in position) - those shavings could tear up the clear on the playfield if not looking out/expecting them.

So a warning to all getting uv kits in 2024 - screw in those screws before it goes on the playfield and catch any shavings before putting this in place on the machine itself.

#19798 4 months ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Do I get bonus man points for machining my own tap handle on a manual lathe and mill?[quoted image]

awesome!

That puts you into the he-man club for certain.

#19849 4 months ago

I'll post this in the medisynl mod thread but will leave this here:

The back panel on my machine required me to use shims (washers) to set back the bolt in the playfield handle. I will eventually get a shorter bolt.

I also had to remove the plastic over the back board led on the right to get this in.

Mod looks great!!

IMG20231223191434.jpgIMG20231223191434.jpgIMG20231223192842.jpgIMG20231223192842.jpgIMG20231223200358.jpgIMG20231223200358.jpgIMG20231223200430.jpgIMG20231223200430.jpgIMG_20231223_202236.jpgIMG_20231223_202236.jpg

I should add that this game is securely bolted to the floor.

#19867 4 months ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Got the alternate translite in. Love it.
[quoted image]

When did you order and when did they ship it? I put in for about $700 of stuff from them around November 7 and no word on shipment.

#19873 4 months ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Hey Im that guy. You can also pick them up from me directly here. Just pm me. I believe the poster above you is referring to another vendor or seller that is not me.

Yes I assumed this was the guy from Europe that makes back glasses, stand-ups, banners, etc

Totally different person (xianek)

#20014 3 months ago
Quoted from Svente69:

Alternate Backglas from Poland , Info for all from the second run……..
[quoted image]

An fyi to anyone considering ordering to the USA, I've been paid in full waiting since November 7th and I've not heard back (they told me to ask after Christmas and I still haven't heard back).

#20095 3 months ago
Quoted from Svenop:

Interesting. I kept adjusting it upwards and then it shut off that panel eventually... I went back down 1 to get it to enable again and it was still too low.
Every target and panel it is projecting correctly except the targets behind the drops, they just don't match up. Can someone else with a 2023 build on 1.11 code confirm they are getting the demodog walking across the targets behind the drops? Mine is just blank white and I can see just a sliver of the top of the demodog walk on the bottom of the target

Mine is somewhat like yours... I can just barely see the demodog walk across those but in the settings all looks fine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Eastvale, CA
Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider P1nhead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party?tu=P1nhead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.