StrangerThingsProjectorIssue (resized).jpg
IMG_3491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3470 (resized).jpeg
A_SSK (resized).jpg
AE99B1FC-2FD4-481F-8B7F-6B7DF79E16DD (resized).jpeg
image_67200769 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #235 ALERT: Be sure to check PRO Ball Lock Post, it can come loose. Posted by chuckwurt (4 years ago)

Post #712 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Replacement rubber info Posted by fooflighter (4 years ago)

Post #1272 TECH: TOYS. Demogorgon adjustment to make less shot rejects Posted by rs812 (4 years ago)

Post #1273 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Projector focus adjustment instructions Posted by rs812 (4 years ago)

Post #1717 TECH: PLAYFIELD. TK lock and deflector adjustment instructions Posted by chuckwurt (4 years ago)

Post #3533 TECH: BOOTING. Fix for Spike machines that frequently have problems booting Posted by C0untDeM0net (3 years ago)

Post #5955 MOD: Stranger Things action button surround and shooter plate Posted by pinballslave (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NightTrain.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10849 2 years ago

Just joined the club with a Premium.

Curious as to what people are doing more. Art blades or mirror blades? I have art blades on some of my games and mirrors on others. I'm leaning towards mirrors on this one because it's not the brightest game in town. Thoughts? Pics?

#10875 2 years ago

Does the UV kit replace the apron? If so, is it metal for the premium/LE? Does it still have the lighting in the corner/sides of the apron like the premium/LE apron?

#10877 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yes. Yes. Yes. And you can install the premium kit in the pro.
You’ll need to add lights to light up those corners like the premium/LE though if you want them to light up on the pro.

Ok cool. Thanks. I have a premium. I just wanted to make sure I wasn’t going to be giving up the metal apron and lights in the corners if I got a UV kit.

#10907 2 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

Here is how to adjust your demo:
Change out the circled spacers to vary the resting height of the demo. (#20)
Add washers btw the bracket and the demo toy to tilt the demo forward, back, side to side, etc as needed to tilt the resting tilt/position of the demo, as necessary. based on the four holes and screws, you can adjust your shims/washers to tilt it just about any way you need to.
U can use the elastic band method to figure out where it needs to be, or use a slow motion camera to see where it is hanging up.
[quoted image][quoted image]

So I’ve got about 50 plays on my new premium. I have yet to make a single shot into the demogorgans mouth. I see this key post quoted above.

It says add washers “btw” the bracket....what is btw?

What is “the elastic band method”?

Do you have to completely remove him. To get to those washers/spacers?

Any tips here would be super helpful. Thanks!

#10909 2 years ago

Thanks for the tips. Why remove the spacer under the one way gate?

#10914 2 years ago

Trying to remove this demogorgan head. What’s the best way to get to that screw on his bracket on the topside of the playfield? Do I have to completely remove the left ramp? Seems difficult to remove with the TK lock diverter there.

#10916 2 years ago

I removed the spacers and the chin bumper/spacer. Ball goes in the hole super easy now. Only problem is a ball will get trapped under him on the left side, in front of him. Under one of his “flower petals” for lack of a better term. It kicks loose when the coil fires to make him move.

I’m thinking I either need to remove him again and add a thin washer or two to raise him a hair. Or I need to sand down a bit of material under that part the ball it’s catching on.

Anyone run into this when removing the spacers?

1 week later
#11045 2 years ago

Has anyone been able to successfully dial in your TK lock? I've fiddled with this thing a bunch and I just can't get it to work right. It goes up the metal arm and then dribbles back down. I also bought that Stern updated plastic cover kit. Didn't seem to change anything.

I think I'm going to have my wife take some slow-mo videos on her phone while I'm trying to hit it and see what happens.

#11049 2 years ago

I'll give it another go.

I was just more curious if dialing this thing in to work 95%-100% was actually possible, or if it's just a flawed design. If others are getting it to work well, I'll get it figured out. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't wasting my time.

#11061 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

the cover is 90% of the fight provided the arm is within specs.
If you have not followed the pdf posted here, it would be a very good idea to do so. Understanding how this works might take a moment but it is not rocket science.
If all fails, then your ramp is installed too far back (1mm will throw everything out of spec badly), if that is the case, you have to look how much room you have forward.
Follow the pdf, make sure you unscrew the 2 screws by the flapper too.
It can be done, I have been there. It is annoying but once you figure it out the game is a lot of fun. Enjoy.

What's the importance of having the ramp spaced closer to the player? Is it because it's allowing the ball to ride on the metal arm starting at the right spot?

#11084 2 years ago

Thanks for all the tips for dialing in the TK lock. You all are great. Much appreciated!

Would you mind showing me your shims and where you have them set up?

#11089 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

A very thin piece of plastic wrapped in some electrical tape.
See the red mark I put under 11’s head. Right there between the corner of the plastic ramp and the backboard. Loosen all the ramp screws to help get back there to wedge it in, then tighten everything back.
[quoted image]
Others put like a sling shot rubber ring back here. Something they can wedge between the ramp and the backboard to push it out. Again. Red mark.
[quoted image]

Thank you!

#11142 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I would’ve sold it both times if it was local pickup. I’ll never ship. I don’t care what the price is.

Why not? Money gets wired to you. You don't release it for shipping until the money clears. If there is an issue with shipping, that's between the buyer and the shipping company. Zero liability on you.

I personally won't have a game shipped to me. I don't trust shipping companies at all. But if someone wants to buy a game from me and roll the dice with shipping it, that's cool with me.

#11146 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I don’t trust shipping companies. I also want to meet them person, have them play the game before we pack it up and make sure they are happy before heading off with it. That’s much more important to me than money.

To each their own I suppose. I've had many people buy pins that wanted them shipped and they've all been happy as well.

#11151 2 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

OK my left orbit feed is annoying me a little.
Looking closely the post that drops to release the ball seems to clip it as it raises back up , this results in the ball being pushed against the ball guide , ricocheting back out so it never really hugs it. Then usually falls on to the left sling.
I think advice was to check level, or slightly lean machine to the left. Well tried that. No change.
Any other fixes to try ?

Make sure you are level side to side as well. The post shouldn't hit the ball if it's level. The ball should have enough time to clear the post before it comes up.

#11164 2 years ago

I scored my premium NIB about a month ago for $8k shipped. I thought that was a pretty sweet deal!

#11226 2 years ago

It would have been cool if the scoop had a VUK that fed the left ramp return like Star Trek. The way it is does feel very odd and clunky. Strange design choice.

#11261 2 years ago

Got my TK lock dialed in last night. Thanks to chuckwurt for the tips! I think the key to getting it dialed in was getting the ramp pushed away from the wall and closer to the player. It catches 100% of the time now. Such a cool mech/lock.

1 week later
#11359 2 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

Hmm, is this normal?

Quoted from Munsters:

Don’t understand. This doenst hold any plastic off? Otherside havent got one.

Those hex posts are just securing plastics down. It's an odd choice, but that how Stern did it. Totally normal.

1 week later
#11440 2 years ago

I’ve also heard premiums are done.

2 months later
#12221 2 years ago

Maybe check the home/end stop switches to make sure the game knows where the ramp is?

2 weeks later
#12453 2 years ago

Finally got my topper today. Not impressed by the QC. Screws were loose on it.

Should there be this gap at the bottom of the surround? Seems very odd. It’s just bowed/flexed outward. Nothing secures it tightly against the body of the topper.

14994062-C165-4F4B-B584-6E0B03AFE2FD (resized).jpeg14994062-C165-4F4B-B584-6E0B03AFE2FD (resized).jpeg9BCB8C7F-169D-40EE-8C29-53DE08D15AAC (resized).jpeg9BCB8C7F-169D-40EE-8C29-53DE08D15AAC (resized).jpeg
#12455 2 years ago

I was able to get it to sit tighter by loosening the surround screws and the retightening them while sitting that piece flush against the body of the topper.

Yeah it looks pretty cool up there. I dig it.

$650 cool though? Fuck no. That's stupid. Good thing I am stupid too.

#12491 2 years ago
Quoted from Flash71:

No way Stern shipped it out that way. I would say you’re dealer opened and repackaged poorly. They should be covering everything IMO.

You have absolutely no way of knowing that. Stern has employees that are human too. My topper showed up with loose screws and a completely stripped screw that couldn’t be tightened. My Mando LE showed up with a chunk missing on the playfield. The up/down ramp was adjusted too low and cut into the playfield.

1 week later
#12637 2 years ago

Dayyyaaammmm dude! Nice score!

1 week later
#12690 2 years ago

Looks like it a little bit. I wouldn't worry about it.

#12706 2 years ago

Just installed PinMonk flipper fans. Damn! Huge game changer! I had trouble with my TK lock. Not anymore! If you’re on the fence about these, don’t be. Totally worth it.

#12712 2 years ago

I just ordered up a set for my GnR. That thing plays like a turd after 10 minutes. I'm psyched to get those now and start playing that game again. Honestly, I've been avoiding it due to the terrible flipper fade. It's been mostly an expensive piece of art in my basement. LOL!

2 weeks later
#12785 2 years ago

WTB - Premium/LE UV Light Kit

I've had one on order since June and am losing patience. Anyone got one they are looking to sell?

1 week later
#12814 2 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Waitin on prem kit here since juneish? I think ..

Yeah I’ve been waiting on mine since June. Anyone know where I can find a premium/LE UV kit? When I ordered it, it said 4-6 weeks…

1 week later
#12958 2 years ago

I’m in the same boat. Looking for a premium/LE UV kit. Sick of waiting. PM me if you have a lead.

1 month later
#13498 2 years ago

I've got a NIB Premium/LE UV kit if someone is looking for one. I ordered it a long time ago and sold the game while waiting for it.

Shoot me a PM if interested.

#13550 2 years ago

Price drop

Parts - For Sale
New (selling multiple) - “NIB. $350 + shipping. Marco and Pinball Life have these for $400 + shipping. Save yourself $50!”
2022-01-13
Sioux Falls, SD
350 (Firm)
Archived after: 2 days
Viewed: 61 times

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Guilford, CT
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods
Plastics
Machine - For Sale
Covington, GA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toppers
$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toppers
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
$ 74.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Machine - For Sale
Rogers, AR
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NightTrain.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party?tu=NightTrain and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.