20240328_091907 (resized).jpg
20240328_091912 (resized).jpg
20240326_130903 (resized).jpg
20240327_085933 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240327_090153_Gallery (resized).jpg
20240326_234550 (resized).jpg
20240326_234700 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #235 ALERT: Be sure to check PRO Ball Lock Post, it can come loose. Posted by chuckwurt (4 years ago)

Post #712 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Replacement rubber info Posted by fooflighter (4 years ago)

Post #1272 TECH: TOYS. Demogorgon adjustment to make less shot rejects Posted by rs812 (4 years ago)

Post #1273 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Projector focus adjustment instructions Posted by rs812 (4 years ago)

Post #1717 TECH: PLAYFIELD. TK lock and deflector adjustment instructions Posted by chuckwurt (4 years ago)

Post #3533 TECH: BOOTING. Fix for Spike machines that frequently have problems booting Posted by C0untDeM0net (3 years ago)

Post #5955 MOD: Stranger Things action button surround and shooter plate Posted by pinballslave (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JonCBrand.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7923 3 years ago

I'm about to order a Pro and UV kit. Premium has great features but honestly I'm lazy and just want to play.
Tell me its right.

#7926 3 years ago
Quoted from Joeymonkey:

I would wait for the premium or LE. The TK lock alone is worth it in my opinion.

projector and TK lock are worth it? I'm all ears. only played pro and enjoyed it

#7935 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I love my pro. LOVE it! WAY more than I expected to. I honestly wish I would have gotten the premium. Had I known I would like the game this much, I would have. But now that I have my pro, I struggle with the idea of spending ~$2k to upgrade it. I mean, I could get a real home theater projector for less than that, lol. But if I had to do it all again, yeah if I had the extra money I would go premium. That said, the pro is still an awesome machine, and definitely less headache to dial in. Stranger Things kind of got lost in the shuffle of amazing machines that came out last year, but in my opinion it holds its own against all of them. Fun layout, insanely cool gimmicks in the demogorgan and UV art, amazing atmosphere, and by far Lonnie's best code.

Thank you, I appreciate the insight premium it is. I will update when it gets here, also will have the powdercoat done by Robert Stone

1 week later
#8136 3 years ago

Only took a month of debating, Finally ordered a NIB Prem with UV kit.

#8140 3 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

I can’t get those vehicles in Canada. Anyone want to order them for me and I’ll pay for them and the shipping?

The dist I ordered from is only selling the UV kits he has with a game.

#8154 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

More the merrier! Welcome! Glad NIBs are still out there. Rumor is no more are being made so whatever distros have right now, may be it.

Looks like a few of us get to dial them in at the same time. Get ready for us new owners.

#8158 3 years ago

Anyone seen the stern shooter rod kit for sale? can't find one in stock anywhere.

Found one.

#8193 3 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

Does anyone know where I can buy the stern shooter rod?

Classic Game Rooms in Georgia has them. They are not listed on his website but call Jason.

#8200 3 years ago

Must be talking UV

#8203 3 years ago

Ordered some samples from Prismatic.
Anyone do a bright blue or bright purple on legs/armor?

Powder (resized).JPGPowder (resized).JPG
#8204 3 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

Where did you find it ?

Jason at Classic Game Rooms in Georgia has/had some shooter rods, he gave me the ok to spread the word.

#8207 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Maybe you got a Stern F&F discount. I looked up my order from April and it was $279 as well.

$279 Msrp for UV kit, $139 Msrp for Shooter Rod Kit

#8219 3 years ago

It's here, Probably put a few games on it. Then Uv kit install and assess tk lock

TK lock seems good, demo mouth shot is good too.

20210225_133617 (resized).jpg20210225_133617 (resized).jpg

#8223 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballer247:

Im looking to get a NIB Premium and was curious if anyone has experienced playfield issues with late run ST Premiums? I bought a NIB DP Pro last June and got lucky no issues at all.
Thanks for any input!

Mine is March 2020 build Premium. Just opened box. I see Zero issues.

#8235 3 years ago

My TK lock is 100% as long as I get a solid shot.
Demo is 50% I think ball is low but will get some slowmo video to confirm.

The UV kit is awesome, honestly cant believe they don't ship from the factory with it. Probably would have boosted sales.

I should have color samples for powder tomorrow.
Im leaning towards the Illusion Violet or Illusion Royal

Kicking myself for not buying this pin earlier!!

#8239 3 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Roughly did a few of these (Illusion violet, Illusion blue-berg, and Illusion royal) in GIMP for you (may need to click the image for better quality).
[quoted image]

Wow thank you so much for doing that. Still a toss up between violet and royal

#8258 3 years ago

Demo shot issue.
Right flipper is dead on as long as I am.
Left flipper always low maybe 1/2 inch.
Stock flipper power. 100% level
tried pitch from 6.8 to 7.1 all same.
I don't think shimming demo will help.
I think it would make right miss

Any thoughts? wish I could turn up left flipper don't want to turn down the right.

#8260 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Drop the flipper power on the left to 240 and see how that works.

I will do that

#8303 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Drop the flipper power on the left to 240 and see how that works.

I'm still off. maybe I'm not seeing where I miss. I'll get some slow mo videos this week when new gopro gets here.

Either way absolutely love this pin.

#8312 3 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Yea I've been trying, seems no film on backside as it's just scraping the white coating. Already made little scratch.

Just did my kit Saturday, I did not have film on the back side of my plastics.

#8377 3 years ago

I'm going to pull demo out to remove shims. Is there any other was besides removing that topside hex/slotted screw? I really don't want to touch anything near TK lock ramp since it's perfect.
I will get the screw out. No way my fat fingers will get it back in, aside from a magnetic swivel socket which I ordered.

#8379 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

You could try just removing the "chin" spacer first. That's all mine took. You can do it without removing anything else, though it's awkward and annoying. I would try that first and then go deeper only if you need to.

Which one are you referring too?
I now see what you are talking about.
At rest my demo is no where near the rubber stopper.

I have the 1 screw out from top and 2 nuts below but still stuck on plastics under TK lock area.

I can handle awkward that's how I live my life.

5.21 (resized).JPG5.21 (resized).JPG

20210303_152147 (resized).jpg20210303_152147 (resized).jpg
#8382 3 years ago

Update for my demo fix.
Removed both spacers under demo body above the grommets.
I also cut the chin bumper in half since with spacers out he rested on it.

Huge improvement.

I can sink it 9/10 right flipper 8/10 left flipper.

Im happy.

Thanks for the help

And that wood screw went in the spare game parts bin.

#8388 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

What was your success rate before this fix? I've been telling myself our game is fine, but over time, we are making the Demo shot less and less (after months of owning the game, not flipper fade after long games). My non-pinball-playing mother made a few shots in one game, and my casual-player-level wife hit 3-in-a-row on that one 3 Demo mode, but nobody has ever come close to 8+ out of 10.
Are their finer adjustments than just removing the spacers? What if I remove the spacers and then shots hit high?

I was 70% right flipper 0% left
I got lucky removing shims but reading past fixes you could put any size in there. the machine screws are plenty long. stock spacers were about .25" for reference.

#8428 3 years ago

Finally Broke 1 billion.
Also first time I've noticed flipper fade guess I better put the pinmonk fans in I bought last week.

Factory balls just started to get magnetized too. perfect time to do both.

20210304_153937 (resized).jpg20210304_153937 (resized).jpg
#8535 3 years ago

I was in total isolation last game. left flipper stayed up for 5 seconds. Can't remeber much more. I'm assuming this isn't code related.
Wanted to verify before I check coil stop and such.

#8537 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Sounds like something is binding in your flipper mech. If your coil stops are stock, I bet they are toast.

Yea I was expecting coil stops. luckily I know better so I keep spares. Wasn't expecting it so soon though.

#8539 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I don’t wait. I replace them day one. Haha

I should probably just do that too.

#8550 3 years ago

Nevermind figured it out

#8567 3 years ago
Quoted from palacekeeper:

I thought they were out of stock? I looked on pinside and on pinmonk's page and both show sold out. I need to get one also because I really noticed the fade the other night after playing for about 2 hours.

I got mine from pinballlife 2 weeks ago

#8592 3 years ago

I played pro on location couldn't get into. finally said heck with it and picked up a prem. This game needs to be enjoyed alone, not in a loud arcade. Id be happy either way.

#8611 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

After considering all of the fantastic responses to Pro vs Premium, I went ahead and am going with a Premium. Now, what do folks think about the Stern art blades or was thinking mirrors might look great with the Premium lightshow?

I opted for art blades, just trying to build up the courage to install them now.

#8684 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

So I bought this decals set to have replacements for all the projector screens. It was $95 from stern. I didn’t realize it was going to have ALL the decals in the game. Haha[quoted image][quoted image]

I lost a target backer/decal today. I was thinking about buying this whole set to have spares and leave the goodie bag intact.
Does that kit have the thicker "pad" for small targets specifically the right side of left ramp?

16158535168313169007138183171654 (resized).jpg16158535168313169007138183171654 (resized).jpg
#8686 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yes. It has everything in the game.

Perfect thank you.

#8697 3 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

Anyone else having that ball guide led closest to the flipper on the left side flickering? I've seen Deadflip's machine doing it as well. Same light. Stern told me it was likely a bad socket so they sent me 5 spare sockets and a bunch of led's. I finally got around to replacing it last week because I had to purchase a long nose stapler to replace the staples under the left flipper mech. Got it all replaced including a brand new led, made sure the light was centered in the hole to reduce vibration, and here we are less than a week later and it's flickering again. Flickers on ball hits to the slings, flipper actuation, and balls in the lane.
Really frustrating

one bulb on the right inlane guide was flickering for me. I just stretched the spring in the socket. Had almost all of them flickering on my iMDN

#8728 3 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Seems like there are so many issues that I am terrified to get my Prem I have waiting for me! Lol

I was worried too. For me I enjoy tinkering and tweaking almost as much as playing. I'm glad I too the leap, it's a fantastic game. Realistically I have 3 or 4 hours in mine and it's dialed in just how I want it.

#8738 3 years ago

Finally got the courage to install my art blades. Not as bad as I expected. Definitely worth the time to pull PF

16161148853651615500408913988920 (resized).jpg16161148853651615500408913988920 (resized).jpg
#8745 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

spike 2 actually makes it really easy, disconnect the cables, and, you just need someone to give you a hand pulling the pf out (not sure I can do it by myself) but it is only a few connectors.
This would be way more complicated in a 90s game (or earlier), love the simplicity!

Not bad at all, 1 network cable, 2 connectors, 1 HDMI and a few zip ties.
I was able to lift it out alone, but struggled going back in, I have those plastic art/mirror blade protectors and they took a beating going back in.

3 weeks later
#9374 2 years ago

ignore.

2 weeks later
#9778 2 years ago

one of my narrow target decals keeps falling off. cleaned black target and installed new ones. Anyone try an adhesion promoter or glue?

Premium game its the right target on left ramp entrance.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
8,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods
Plastics
Machine - For Sale
Ballston Spa, NY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toppers
$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toppers
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
$ 74.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JonCBrand.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party?tu=JonCBrand and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.