IMG_3331 (resized).png
IMG_3330 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8622 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #235 ALERT: Be sure to check PRO Ball Lock Post, it can come loose. Posted by chuckwurt (4 years ago)

Post #712 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Replacement rubber info Posted by fooflighter (4 years ago)

Post #1272 TECH: TOYS. Demogorgon adjustment to make less shot rejects Posted by rs812 (4 years ago)

Post #1273 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Projector focus adjustment instructions Posted by rs812 (4 years ago)

Post #1717 TECH: PLAYFIELD. TK lock and deflector adjustment instructions Posted by chuckwurt (4 years ago)

Post #3533 TECH: BOOTING. Fix for Spike machines that frequently have problems booting Posted by C0untDeM0net (3 years ago)

Post #5955 MOD: Stranger Things action button surround and shooter plate Posted by pinballslave (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jecco74.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5620 3 years ago
Quoted from killborn:

I was playing an LE a few weekends ago and I swear that when I hit the demogorgon the shaker would shake. When I hit the demo on my machine, I don't feel anything. Was I imagining things? The shaker seems to work in other parts of the game, I'm running the latest code. Any thoughts?

I connected a sub woofer to my LE, big difference when playing. Polk 10" for $129. Best mod I have.

#5625 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

Where can I get this? The sounds on this thing are awesome and I want to make the most of it... do you simply add the sub woofer or do you need some additional amplification?

Amazon sells the sub(PSW10). I soldered the wires to the existing sub(you can alligator clip them) and ran the wire under the screen for the vents in the back. Everything is removable.

#5634 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

There are a couple people here that got pinwoofer for their game. lodgingdolphin for his LE, and one other person for their pro.
I’ll let them chime in, but I’ve used Pinwoofer before and it’s amazing if you want upgraded speakers and added amplification.
But I just have the powered sub on my LE and I think it’s plenty good. Definitely get that at a minimum. The game feels soulless without it.

The external sub or pinwoofer are both great options. I have pin woofer on my POTC and Jurassic Park and its awesome. My stranger things and deadpool are connected to the same subwoofer. The external is less money and you can connect multiple pins to one sub with the right connections.
Dan at Pinwoofer is awesome. He will do whatever he can to make sure you are set up properly and happy. Great guy.

#5643 3 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

I'd rather they release it when they think it's ready then release it with a ton of bugs. Fact is the last few releases were mainly the season wizard modes which I have not even seen yet.

Agree... Give us the best even if it takes a little longer. I haven't even come close to the final showdown yet. The game is really challenging.

#5664 3 years ago

a billion is more than a 15 minute game. My best is only 100 mil less than yours and included all demogorgon modes and both total isolation multiballs. Only steps after are to the season wizard modes where once complete will at least double your score. I'd say that's a good game as there is not much more in the way of points until you get rocking in the wizard modes.
I do hope Stern nerfs the telekinesis bonus as going that route is not fun IMHO. I much prefer playing the modes. [quoted image]

Whats your strategy to get this? Go after modes or Demogorgan?

#5670 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

THIS (hilarious because it isn't me) clip demonstrates exactly why I made the flipper coil cooling kits, and why Stranger Things, specifically was the Rosetta Stone into the problem:
https://clips.twitch.tv/EndearingConsiderateGoblinShazBotstix
Stern mid-game flipper fade is a real thing for Stern Spike 2. Some are worse than others, but Stranger Things has the hottest coils of all the machines I've tested so far, but even without the temp gauge, you can FEEL the fade 15-20 minutes into playing.

I ordered and installed the flipper cooling kits... there is something wrong with them... I can only get to about $200,000,000.

JK, I love them. Great quality and easy to install.

Anyone know of a pinball coach that wants to fly out to Reno? I’m going to wear out my LE at the rate I’m going.

1 week later
#5765 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Dumb question of the day. I took the cover off in front of the focus knob on the projector and can’t remember/figure out how this peace installs...[quoted image]

It goes on the side of the projector. The little part that has the 90 degree angle hold the focus adjustment from moving. Mine mounted under another small piece from what I remember. I’ll be home in a few hours and can send a pic.

1 month later
#6611 3 years ago
Quoted from Flash71:

I’ve dealt with Orange County. Good guy. He’ll deal.

I bought my Stranger things LE from him. He shipped it the same day. I will definitely buy from him again.

#6662 3 years ago

Is the new code any good? I just updated cleland's code with the last update. Is it worth updating again and not having cleland's code?

1 week later
#6827 3 years ago
Quoted from Break8ers:

The shaker integration for this game is poor at best. Really a shame--had a ton of potential in the code to utilize.

Yes Please Stern. Please add more shaker motor usage to a future code update... Love my Stranger Things by Stern. This would make it just that much better.
This game is like a fine wine it keeps getting better with age(updates).

1 week later
#6926 3 years ago

Awesome! My favorite game just got better...

Not sure if it helps, but when waxing my playfield I throw a little wax around the Demogorgan's mouth to help the ball slide in there...
My 9 year old just hit 190,000,000 this week and he consistently gets it in the Demogrogan's mouth. Love this machine!

#6951 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Still, that’s a pretty kickass update. Funny how we were just talking about the shaker not doing much and now it’s fixed.

That is funny we were talking about it and now it’s fixed. Let’s start talking about the topper now!!

Yes, I need a topper. Thinking about having Lior make one... Would be cool to have a stern topper that was interactive though.

2 weeks later
#7227 3 years ago
Quoted from Flash71:

[quoted image]

Thank you for the heads up. I just ordered on as well.

I don't understand all the negativity towards Stranger Things... We loved the series
and the game gets played more than any other machine we have.

#7386 3 years ago
Quoted from Hasi:

Hello,
if someone wants to sell his Mezel Arcade Spinning Sign, please give me a note.
All the best & stay healthy.
[quoted image]

I wouldn't buy this mod. The servo stops working and its stops spinning. Still lights up. Mezel gave me a full refund and said they were discontinuing it.

2 weeks later
#7671 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

As someone who is considering the purchase of a premium, these kinds of comments are concerning to say the least.
I've been interested in this title from the day that it was first announced. Decided to let it mature a bit before coming back to it for possible purchase. The amount of dialing in required on this pin seems to take the cake (and I have a R&M).
Are people really spending 40 hours to get this thing dialed in?

I think every machine is different. I have an LE and have never adjusted the TK or the Demogorgan... 1000 plays now and I lock the ball all the time and I hit the Demo in throat 75% of the time.

#7725 3 years ago

Made it to total isolation for the first time tonight... Super excited. I just took up pinball this year and I've had the machine since summer. I missed finishing it by one shot and it was still awesome... I really like this pin.

#7726 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Probably almost time for an in-depth tutorial video from me. I’ll probably do one at some point this winter or spring.

Yes, please do. I've watched your other streams many times... I've learned a lot from them.

#7821 3 years ago
Quoted from Break8ers:

The Walking Dead--the pro--is one of the GOATS imo. Lyman's best code work and it is tough---it will kick your ass a lot. That's why some don't like it. Play better. BUT--when you have one of those games there is nothing like it. Get bloodbath MB going with prison MB--does not get much better. The wizard modes are amazing also (Horde/LMS).

Stranger Things is my favorite out of 20+ pins... Walking dead pro 2nd favorite. Guardians of the Galaxy third... May have something to do with Clelands upgrades.

2 weeks later
#8143 3 years ago

The cars are getting hard to find on amazon and not generally in the sub $10 price range. I've seen them at Walmart locally but that was a number of months ago when they had the Stranger Things displays up.
amazon.com link »
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Jada-31114-Hoppers-Chevrolet-Blazer-1-by-32-Diecast-Model-Car/681537915
Billy's car is getting a lot harder to find
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Jada-31113-Billys-Chevrolet-Camaro-Z28-Metallic-Stranger-Things-TV-Series-Hollywood-Rides-1-by-32-Diecast-Model-Car-44-Dark-Blue/572985789
Probably the best deal out there right now for both that I could see
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Stranger-Things-Diecast-Toy-Car-Package-Two-1-32-Scale-Diecast-Model-Cars/195055352

Nice... Does anyone know where I can buy a red and blue led that flashes? I want throw it inside the Hoppers blazer. Any mod makers available? I'll send you the blazer to mod...

1 month later
#9302 3 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

I’ve held off on buying a classic arcade until this happened....
It’s on its way [quoted image]

This goes great with my Stranger Things LE.

C25E7B99-5FBA-48E7-9D19-9A9BDC63FF86 (resized).jpegC25E7B99-5FBA-48E7-9D19-9A9BDC63FF86 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
8,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jecco74.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party?tu=Jecco74 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.