IMG_3330 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8622 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg
IMG_3764 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #235 ALERT: Be sure to check PRO Ball Lock Post, it can come loose. Posted by chuckwurt (4 years ago)

Post #712 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Replacement rubber info Posted by fooflighter (4 years ago)

Post #1272 TECH: TOYS. Demogorgon adjustment to make less shot rejects Posted by rs812 (4 years ago)

Post #1273 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Projector focus adjustment instructions Posted by rs812 (4 years ago)

Post #1717 TECH: PLAYFIELD. TK lock and deflector adjustment instructions Posted by chuckwurt (4 years ago)

Post #3533 TECH: BOOTING. Fix for Spike machines that frequently have problems booting Posted by C0untDeM0net (3 years ago)

Post #5955 MOD: Stranger Things action button surround and shooter plate Posted by pinballslave (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ive.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10546 2 years ago

Ahoy there ! Joined the club yesterday with a Pro ( UV kit + Cleland sound)

Huge Things fan so didn't take much for my buddy and I to crack open the beers, sprint home from our shift at Scoops Ahoy and have some pinball fun.

188642757_10158667698019262_6139626053047301197_n (resized).jpg188642757_10158667698019262_6139626053047301197_n (resized).jpg188650014_10158667697944262_2260669396077826697_n (resized).jpg188650014_10158667697944262_2260669396077826697_n (resized).jpg
#10605 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I love drunk British guys. In a purely platonic sense of course. I think.

Hey if you are ever over here ...come and have a beer

#10611 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I've been to Brighton's pier and pebbly beach a few times (and can't get Brighton Rock out of my head when I'm there). So I might just take you up on that...thanks!

Oh wow ...hope you enjoyed your visits We just got a Led Zeppelin on the pier ....amazingly the first pin in the pier arcade for many many years.

I have never been to New Jersey - have been out west/southwest/north west a good number of times. Hoping to get back over for another camping road trip when the world gets back to some sort of normality.

#10612 2 years ago

https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/product-page/stranger-things-4-pack-ramp-decal-bundle

Is this the only source of ramp decals currently ?

Opinions of quality ? I saw someone post previously that the sizing was an issue.

4 weeks later
#11073 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I used the LOTR coils from pinball life. You have to cut the diode off though. Also, I dialed back the power in the settings a decent amount as at full power, they were way too powerful.

I dialed down the flipper power as it seemed seemed too much and was getting wild airballs - but then noticed I wasn't making the Demogorgan mouth shot anywhere near as often. Power back up - hitting the mouth shot much more again.

#11119 2 years ago
Quoted from WildRover:

Question for owners - how do you like in in a home environment?
Thinking of picking one up because i like the atmosphere of it, the fan layout, and the center ramp shot. Would love to hear others' thoughts.

I recently got a Pro .Really enjoying it. The immersion with the whole sound and light package is fantastic - one of the best I'd say .The whole vibe just brilliant. Had some friends over and everyone was enjoying it - great excitement, lots of shouting and fun battling the Demogorgan. I would say the UV Kit and Clelands sound mod are a must.

Now when this was first revealed I was one of the Debbie downers, I was so disappointed it was a 2 flipper fan, that there wasn't more on the playfield , more quirky interesting stuff, ,just seemed a missed opportunity. But then I played a friends , and it was just so much fun to play, that I kind of got over the layout pretty quickly.

#11148 2 years ago

OK my left orbit feed is annoying me a little.

Looking closely the post that drops to release the ball seems to clip it as it raises back up , this results in the ball being pushed against the ball guide , ricocheting back out so it never really hugs it. Then usually falls on to the left sling.

I think advice was to check level, or slightly lean machine to the left. Well tried that. No change.

Any other fixes to try ?

#11168 2 years ago
Quoted from dinot:

I cut some of the spring. This made the spring weaker so it would push up the post ever so slightly slower. It solved my issue.

Thanks. Will have a tinker with springs and see if it helps.

#11225 2 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Hitting the bib loop is a better design imo- I don’t understAnd the desicion to have it just hit the drops - kinda boring .. you’re hitting those the whole game already

I find the design of that saucer shot and the kick out just odd tbh. I’m not wild on it and I’m not convinced something more satisfying couldn’t have been done with it.
I adjusted it and sometimes it hits the BIB loop, other times doesn’t. I’ve given up worrying about it. As others said hitting it for BIB awards every time feels like cheating anyway.

#11266 2 years ago

First time I got to spend real time on my friends LE.
The whole machine just feels more solid than the Pro ? Hard to say what it is might be different. The lockdown bar and flipper buttons feel really substantial if you get what I mean.
The projector I like but I still really dislike the acres of blank white that is showing much of the time ...the ramps mainly. TBF we weren't playing in total darkness but light was low.
Found the TK ball lock thingy a bit underwhelming if I'm honest. It cries out for some gee whiz light effects and dramatic stuff as its almost easy to miss it .
Obviously in an ideal world I'd like a Prem/LE ....but it also made me think I'm perfectly happy with my Pro

#11311 2 years ago

I swear I'm going backwards on this game now ...... ...... scores have been pitiful for the last week, like in the low hundreds at best. I think I'm doing the over thinking it thing

#11316 2 years ago

Just swapped the translite on my Pro. Much prefer this one from Retro Refurbs - more of the shows characters , not just the 4 big heads, has the arcade sign, loses the Netflix logo …and overall just a bit brighter and more exciting.

Original
58683B79-B4C6-4684-ADD8-FEF494FAADE8 (resized).jpeg58683B79-B4C6-4684-ADD8-FEF494FAADE8 (resized).jpeg

Retro Refurbs Season#2 Version
93EA8BAC-2475-439F-AF4D-BFE1E8D48673 (resized).jpeg93EA8BAC-2475-439F-AF4D-BFE1E8D48673 (resized).jpeg

#11319 2 years ago
Quoted from blastbeat:

Apologize if this has been posted before...what does everyone prefer on the flipper strength for this pin? I dialed mine down a bit and I think overall it's shooting better. Less airballs and less rejects from left ramp/ball lock. I have the pro and the ball would come in so hot it would bounce off the lock post and fly back down the ramp lol.

I dialed my down and then found I was having trouble making the Demogorgon kill shot Dialed back up all good again, I may take it down in small increments and see how I go ,as yeah it is very powerful.

#11324 2 years ago
Quoted from Purdue:

Would you guys mind posting some real world pictures? I’ve been considering this but am torn because I prefer the season 2 and 3 versions.
I have a pro (season 1 art). I’m not sure how much the variety of eleven’s hairdos is going to bother my OCD. Hah

Those are real world pics of mine.

I quite like Season 3 design also but chose not to have it as it doesn’t feature in the game .

#11325 2 years ago
Quoted from chaz009:

I considered doing the same for my premium (incoming) but the giant Will head bothers me. Has anyone experimented with any other translite?

Haha. I wish you hadn’t pointed that out ! It wasn’t bothering me until ….. now

#11328 2 years ago

Whoops. Replied to very old post.

#11345 2 years ago
Quoted from dinot:

Just curious....did you track your order from them? I bought a Translite for JP. It departed Zagreb (shows shipped abroad) over 2 weeks ago and that is the last update I have. All of my other international orders arrived in NY 1-2 days after departing their country of origin.

I live in UK so it shipped and delivered quickly, via DHL

2 weeks later
#11473 2 years ago
Quoted from dmieczko:

I swear I got a Mystery Award of "add time" during a game yesterday, and I wasn't in any mode that was timed. Anyone else notice this glitch? After 1,500 plays this may have been the first time I saw this.

Yep - I have had this several times and am pretty sure had nothing running . Def no mode, and certain no 2x either.

#11483 2 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

It’s seems like an above average amount of people have the flipper fans on STh. If anyone can comment, does it noticeably help?

Pro here, never noticed any issue but tbh it’s rare I would be playing it for prolonged length o

Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’ll believe it when I see it. I’ve done tons of glass off testing with this. Got a video so we can send it to Stern?

Well perhaps I was mistaken but I distinctly remember at the time thinking …. well that’s not much use .

1 month later
#11916 2 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

You may change your mind when Stern starts putting downloadable content out there like new modes, features, etc. This could enhance our pins a great deal. However, it won’t be free. I’m all for it. If you want the content, get it. If not, don’t.

Be interesting to see if this ever happens. How much time and resources do Stern have to throw at each title ? Personally not a fan of ongoing content ….. just make a great game with finished code from the start.

#11949 2 years ago
Quoted from Magicmike0:

Anybody go mirror blades with this pin? I was thinking it may be cool with the UV kit. Maybe.

My Pro has mirror blades fitted by previous owner . I like them. I think it maybe boosts the UV effect ….. seeing that posters on my wall even glow when it kicks in

#11975 2 years ago
Quoted from JakePG:

is shaker motor recommended for this pin? where's best place to buy? thanks

Def yes ! And I am someone who never really cared much for shakers but it is great on this For what it adds it’s great value too.

#12049 2 years ago
Quoted from Magicmike0:

Got a pic or perhaps a video on YouTube with your mirror blades? I’m leaning towards ordering some, instead of art blades for this pin. I was thinking they would help compliment the UV too.

A few phone pics taken in last months ... may help yr decision.The last pic it has alternative translite.

187692980_10158667381669262_3193475255538553581_n (resized).jpg187692980_10158667381669262_3193475255538553581_n (resized).jpg188821139_10158667623294262_1132326661953224367_n (resized).jpg188821139_10158667623294262_1132326661953224367_n (resized).jpg218735904_10158789073614262_6120427914155775938_n (resized).jpg218735904_10158789073614262_6120427914155775938_n (resized).jpg

#12064 2 years ago
Quoted from Flash71:

Is it just me or is that alternative translite just plain bad?!?! The premium one is so good why change.

We all have different tastes. The Prem and LE are pretty good but I really didn’t care much for the Pro translite - the 4 giant heads, very dark - looks terrible with game off which I know is a minor thing but still , it’s moody but not very exciting .
The alternative isn’t perfect - Billy looks like an old woman - but I like having more of the cast on there, and the arcade sign , it’s brighter and more interesting and you lose the massive Netflix branding

1 week later
#12177 2 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Is everyone good with "Bullshit" mode being a mystery reward? Would it have been better to have it activated by sneaking the ball behind the drop targets like Indiana Jones' "you cheat, Dr. Jones" shot? I've only played the mode once--the first weekend I got the game.

Yep I have only had it twice since getting my game in May. Shame as it’s a fun addition to the game. You wouldn’t want it every game but seems too infrequent currently

#12178 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I feel like dirty pool should be added and it would also be cool if you could shoot the ball into the saucer and then use the action button to fire it out into the drops for some sort of timed shot. Mini mode or side objective maybe? There's also no reason the pro should not get swipe a ball since the premium keeps track of failed physical locks and still awards swipes even if no balls are on the back panel.

I would def like to have seen X number of saucers awarding something or starting a saucer related mode

#12259 2 years ago

My ramp seems to be slightly off centre, it's now very tight/catching slightly on the left side in the closed position and you can see much bigger gap on the right.
I haven't looked at it yet but any advice on tweaking it appreciated.

#12290 2 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

You may have to remove some plastics but the fixed sides of the ramp billboard thing can be adjusted a little. There are 2 mount points per side to the main ramp base that you can loosen and adjust a little. It's not much but you should be able to get it not to catch. If it's out of the adjustment capabilities of the current holes you could always enlarge the holes in the ramp sides to give more adjustment.
[quoted image]

Thankyou. Very useful. I’ll have a look in the next week

3 weeks later
#12558 2 years ago

Always concerning when a random piece of hardware appears on the playfield
This small washer seemed to come from up around the Demogorgan area?? Had a good look at all fixings that I can see topside can’t see anything obvious ? All seems to be working fine.
Any ideas ? Likely culprits ? It’s a Pro model.

64F32DCB-DA72-491F-8D4D-5E921767A7A8 (resized).jpeg64F32DCB-DA72-491F-8D4D-5E921767A7A8 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#12603 2 years ago

Pro owner here since May.
So how often are people getting to TI2 or the mini wizards ?
I’d say I’m an average player , only made TI2 once. Haven’t started either of the mini wiz modes.
To be fair I only put a handful of plays on it each week.

#12611 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

With stock settings, I was getting there fairly regularly. Need to concentrate on getting lots of EBs. Burn it back (2), modes (2), drawings, etc. Need 3-4 EBs to get deep into this game.
Also, you need to start playing it more.

Yes - I probably should play more. I do actually have the time

#12638 2 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

Well, that was a ride, holy smokes!
Completed final battle for the cherry on top.
Drained out finishing operation mirkwood that would've lit TI1 again.
160 combos and 20 drawings.
Factory 3-ball.
This game is very well designed and coded, seems well balanced scoring wise too.
Interesting note: final battle lit as soon as I started the last demo dog mode, I started final battle with "its a trap" still running.
[quoted image]

Wow …. Good work

For those of us slumming it with 1 billion or so GC scores that is just insane

3 weeks later
#12764 2 years ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:seen it 3 times in 500+ plays lol
is 11 even coded?

If you change settings to tournament then Bullshit is always the 4th Mystery award .
11 ? Stranger Points ? Yes had that quite a few times.

2 weeks later
#12837 2 years ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

starting to think that i'm never gonna break a billion unless i move the outlane pegs to the middle spot

Be super diligent about collecting the inlanes, with a 5x bonus multiplier on a good ball you can score hundreds of millions on bonus alone

2 weeks later
#13004 2 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Well… I DID IT!
Inspired by DaddyManD I made it to Final Showdown. I actually thought I beat it. I was progressing through the levels, got to the point when Hopper said close the gate, fired a ball in the demo’s mouth, 011 yelled and then it all just stopped. I was waiting for the ball but I guess I don’t beat it. I guess I had a couple more to go.
Regardless, my heart is still pounding and it was the most fun I have ever had on a pin. Beat my GC by 1.2B.
This is was my first pin, first love, and she’s welded to the floor!
[quoted image]

Good work
Damn I need to play mine more …. Nowhere near a Showdown yet

3 weeks later
#13492 2 years ago

Why ….. why …. why is your favourite mode on a game always the one you seem to start the least often , and then when you do you crash and burn
I’m looking at you Quarter Hunt

1 week later
#13753 2 years ago
Quoted from Lateralus:

Hey all,
I'm considering purchasing this one. If you could start over or make the best decision, would you recommend I consider the Pro or Premium for this pin?
I'm sure everyone will have their opinion, but is there a huge difference, or would I be happy with a pro?
I've read the Pro is a totally different game. Is that true?
Thanks in advance!

I have a Pro, my friend local had an LE. The projector is kinda cool , but I think the idea of it is better than the actual execution. Still too much blank white on the ramps, which doesn’t look great. The TK lock is cool, but not that much of a wow tbh, and no game changer. Overall I’m just not sure it’s worth the extra thousands.

#13786 2 years ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

My right orbit shot often doesnt hit the switch up there but goes right past it without tripping the switch. Has to be a certain speed to run over it or it seems to pass by it on the side. Is this the same on all the ST?

Yes - mine sometimes misses the switch. That right shot just isn’t designed that well. The ball rattling that occurs isn’t great either.

#13817 2 years ago
Quoted from Caveman-Gurkan:

This is such a great game. It just feels
”complete”. Few things though. I’m struggeling to complete the first demodog mode. Easy to start-near impossible to complete. Any strategies here? Also, finding Barb, great mode and a ”hard to explain” kind of moment when my kids complete it. I don’t like the randomness and the 40 million award if you find her on your first shot. Is this removable?

First Demodog mode is one of the few few misfires in the game I think. With such a cool start sequence it then feels like a chore, perhaps should have been a 2 ball multiball, or some sort of add a ball action perhaps ... obviously that would then prevent it being stacked into another multiball mode.

#13856 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

This is not a good pin to play after 3 strong margaritas, I couldn’t break 100M. I’ll try again tomorrow with a lighter load.

I find some days with Things I’m the same - just a string of terrible sub 100 games.
Next day , first game will be 1 billion .
It’s a crazy mixed up pinball world

#13899 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’d didn’t like them. They are super thick and hard to install and they are hard to see at most angles. Just end up looking blurry most of the time.

Thanks

#13938 2 years ago

anyone thought about what to do when the uv led's start dying? There has to be some off the shelf replacement strips we could use. I've seen several ball strikes on the unprotected led's which makes me think their life span may be less than normal

Aaaagh ....I don't need something else to worry about

#14010 2 years ago

As much as I love the Upside Down mode, it’s mostly because of the UV lighting.
The mode itself feels a bit half baked, not fully integrated ….like they didn’t quite know what to do with it . It doesn’t last long , the scoring is nothing special on the first one , and the ending of it is all a bit anticlimactic .
I really notice this when a visitor is playing and it kicks in , by the time you are trying to explain what’s going on and is there any real point to it …. It’s over.
It may have been nice if when you took down the last drop target it then lit the left ramp say on a hurry up shot to complete …. Allowing the ball to be held and maybe a celebratory video clip to play on success.

#14017 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

In a tournament, the first Upside Down offers some huge scoring opportunities, up to 30M. If you’re good at recovering from drop target rebounds, it’s a great way to rack up some points quickly. I do prefer the 2nd one, since it requires more skill and offers even more big points.

I guess in tournament yeah, but 30M is small potatoes really.
I think my main issue is how it just doesn’t feel smoothly integrated into the game - it’s all a bit jarring. I’m nitpicking really but feels like it could have been so much more .

#14031 2 years ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

What are you guys’ combo champion scores? My son is the champion on our game with 65 combos, was curious how many combos others are getting.

80 here for me.

#14050 2 years ago
Quoted from blizz81:

The dark background textures of EB animation (and others) definitely seem blotchy on my pro.

Agree. Though some of this seems to be the viewing angle ??? if I crouch down lower it improves, which is nice but not exactly practical for playing

1 week later
#14173 2 years ago
Quoted from blizz81:

I did remove the two wood screws at the front. I am definitely no expert so please search around for 2nd opinions but I figured as long as I don't remove and retighten them too often it should still find enough bite, and I'd think in the end if you somehow got to the point where the screws didn't thread, there'd be another solution (like this for instance after a quick search - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-fixing-stripped-screw-holes-in-wood )

Are you guys putting the tape on to the ramp underside or the guide , or both ?

This seems a silly question but I like to double check before I end up doing the job twice

#14183 2 years ago

I've removed the ramps many times. Unless you really crank down on them to strip the holes it's not going to be a problem. It's plywood not composite

Agree . Had ramps off and on games many times. Rarely any problem.

Issues arise when people are careless , putting screws in at crazy angles for example, over tightening etc . And at the risk of stating the obvious …..do make sure you use the correct driver on the screws - you will be in a world of pain if you strip the screw head halfway in or out.

1 week later
#14224 2 years ago

So for a change I swapped in Perfect Play purple rubber - nice pink glow under the UV

Have found that I can now backhand the right ramp from a cradle . It’s still very tight but def doable. I had Titan glow rubber before and it wasn’t possible. I’m guessing the rubber is just a fraction thinner.

Im not the greatest player in the world so having another option is good news for me as that right ramp still taunts me every game

#14241 2 years ago

post was hitting mine no matter what I did. Had to cut the spring down to have it come up slower. Wish there was a software delay setting for this.

Thinking of trying this on mine. Is that spring just the regular one you find on the Slings , VUK etc on Sterns. I couldn't see it in the manual. The post assembly not in the Pro manual, and in the Premium manual the spring wasn't labelled correctly.

#14284 2 years ago
Quoted from flipperstick:

Does anybody else find that the lock bar action button is a weak feature in STh? I feel it should reload throughout the game maybe after a TI, or after beating all Demogorgons, maybe after lighting one of the blue completions awards to build up to Final Showdown ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Yep. I have the Pro and forget about it half the time . I think if you earned it in game it at least would feel more integrated, and feel more part of the game. There is no audio or video associated with it at all is there ?

#14295 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

When you use it there is.

Haha . Really ? Well It needs to be MORE then as I missed it

#14299 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

When you use it there is.

Well I checked again last night and honestly don’t hear or see anything beyond the usual Demogorgan death routine

#14326 2 years ago
Quoted from Gutterghoul:

Got to second isolation mode last night, and GC with 1.1 bil, though finally making enough progress to see the need for flipper fans. Is pinmonk really the only way to go?

The sounds in the TI2 mode are just incredible I wish I played better to get there more often !

#14370 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Agreed on more projections on the ramps for the premium/LE not only during the game but in attract mode when the game is on but not being played.
What I would have liked to see them do different is more TK show clips for the 2nd and/or 3rd multiballs. My EHOH has 3 different multiballs (Wild Woman, Zombie, etc) off the same lock to mix it up. ST just rinses and repeats the van TK sequence over and over again. It could have easily been done better but with the license rumored to be expired, it is probably too late.

Agree with the comments regarding the projections. The big expanses of white are an eyesore and demand projections.

#14375 2 years ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

Since the show is coming back for season 4 and season 5....... anyone think Stern will do another run as interest peaks?
Season 4 will be a massive cliffhanger leading to the final season...... a year or two to come of very high interest.
Didn't help them the 1st time releasing the pin with season 3 which was the weakest of the three seasons. People kinda shrugged and lost interest.
I bet the writers are going to finish on a high note.
Com'on Stern!! Premiums in 2023

All personal opinion of course but Season 3 was a blast , so much fun A shame none of it made it into the pin. I rewatched all of them recently and still found Season 2 the least satisfying.

1 month later
#14725 1 year ago

Long shot ….. does anyone happen to have the Mezel illuminated drop targets kit and aren’t going to use or need it ? Willing to sell it to me and happy to ship to the UK ?

Told you it was a long shot

1 week later
#14777 1 year ago
Quoted from blizz81:

I’d also recommend putting some thin foil / metal tape on the top of the metal ball guide rail that sits under the left ramp.

+1 for this. That rail can wear through the ramp decal quickly.

1 week later
#14824 1 year ago

I wonder if Stern will surprise us with one last code buff released on the same day as the new season ?!

I know, I know ....it won't happen ....but we need optimism these crazy days right

#14837 1 year ago
Quoted from FunkyMusic:

I have exact the same issue on my pro, seems to be a common one. How did you got a new Ramp / Decal?

I just got mine . I contacted Stern back in February , they asked for photos which I provided.
I then heard nothing for a month, and then chased them several times until they got fed up of me and shipped them Monday - arrived here today Wednesday ! So fast transatlantic shipping when they finally did .

08CCA327-8637-4610-87EC-F6F26F76BC90 (resized).jpeg08CCA327-8637-4610-87EC-F6F26F76BC90 (resized).jpeg
#14847 1 year ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Who's installed a shaker in their stranger things? Worth it. I have a premium. Thanks!

Yes ! Def worth it and this from someone who was meh about shakers previously

#14859 1 year ago
Quoted from FunkyMusic:

Finally Stern approved it. They say I will get a new ramp decal and they also include two clear decals that I should place over the new ramp decal so that the new decal will no longer get scratched.

Good news. I was also told they would include some clear Mylar - they didn’t . I have some anyway. I also used some metal tape on the guide.

#14896 1 year ago
Quoted from Gutterghoul:

Pablo got back to me, I'm getting a replacement left ramp decal and mylar to go with it, along with my replacement optos.
My question is, will the mylar be enough or should I metal tape it as well? I know mylar works, but does need to be replaced, albeit a ways down the road. Is the metal tape that much more of a permanent fix?

I eventually got my ramp decals but the promised Mylar wasn’t included. I have some here so no big issue.

It can’t hurt to use some metal tape also while you have the ramp out.

3 weeks later
#15168 1 year ago

Have owned my Pro a year now ….. still not been to either mini Wizard mode . Reached Total Isolation 2 a few times. Still love the game but beginning to think I’ll never reach the final mode. Anyone else in the same boat as me
I don’t play a great deal tbh , a few games a week at most.

#15170 1 year ago
Quoted from Good-Times:

Don’t forget you can play the final mode straight off the bat (hold down both flippers and select final showdown before hitting start). It’s the only way I’ll ever get there and was awesome to complete that mode!

True. Feels like cheating in my mind though
I just need to up my game and play better

#15236 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

LOL! Got to Total Isolation yesterday for the first time, I am not that great of a player. Pretty cool but nothing mind blowing. I realize I have mush more to see. Stranger Things is such a great game!

Total Isolation 2 has some wild sound and visuals - I have only reached it a few times but it did wow me

1 week later
#15322 1 year ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

….son of a demogorgon!!!
Thank God for Medisinyl Mods! BUY YOURS NOW!
SDTM Exclusive: NEW Medisinyl Mods Stranger Things Collection (Reveal & Installation)

It’s impressive but a bit too much of an action figure play set vibe for me

#15443 1 year ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

no I got ti1 and 2. but no light the fire or send it back.
I really enjoy how goofy and different the sfx are during ti2 as compared to the rest of the game

I have only got TI2 a couple times but yes the sounds and visuals were awesome

#15459 1 year ago

I wish Mystery awarded Bullsh@t every other time

1 week later
#15621 1 year ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

Got to go to the Snow ball last night. I’m really enjoying this game. Wish I’d got onto it earlier. [quoted image]

Good work . I’d be happy if I could make it to either mini wizard modes

#15667 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I’ll tell you what cured me of game restarting. I had several games where balls 1 and 2 were shit, and I put up a monster ball 3 (sometimes with an extra ball assist). It’s like playing music in public: if you screw up, don’t say “that was bad, I’ll start over”. Instead, play the best damned solo you ever did.

I often find when I have an amazing game that most of the work is done on 1 ball (maybe earning an extra or 2 with it) - so if you lose balls 1 and 2 quickly who’s to say ball 3 isn’t going to be the one

1 month later
#16046 1 year ago

I have a replacement decal for the underside of the left ramp. Original showing wear from the ball guide it rests on .
Any top tips for replacing it ? Does the old one just peel off easily enough ?
I have extra Mylar to put over the new one, and have already foil taped the ball guide.

1 month later
#16518 1 year ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Joining club. What color rubbers should I change to with the UV kit installed. Clear silicone. The green uv bands I think I used on GB ?

I have had the Titan UV bands , look awesome under the lights but wasn’t wild about the look under regular lighting.
I now have the Perfect Play purple , which light up neon pink under UV

1 week later
#16678 1 year ago

To illustrate the power of the Things theme.
I was with a bunch of non pinheads at the weekend ..... got to talking / boring them about pinball at one point ...they were being polite and listening. I mentioned some titles I had. Then I said I had a Stranger Things machine. Woooah , suddenly interest shot up ... they wanted to see pictures, videos etc

2 weeks later
#16766 1 year ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

I have a pro and tried to play in a darker room. I love the mood of lighting but it def is a little dark. Kind of like Alien. WOuld like to add more light without pin stadiums. Anyone do this? Led strip in back clipped to a GI bulb?

I play in a darker room and have no problem . My Pro does have mirror blades fitted which may help throw more light around.

4 weeks later
#16941 1 year ago
Quoted from Gutterghoul:

5-way combo on mirkwood, boy did that feel good! Now just need to finish Save Will, easily the hardest mode for me

Save Will is by some margin my least favourite mode. It’s dull, it’s tough and I don’t care for the music (one of the few Cleland choices I don’t like) . I just don’t enjoy it like I do many of the others.

1 week later
#17013 1 year ago
Quoted from Pot8er:

Has anyone seen a decal/sticker set for the pro available anywhere? I can find them for the premiums but not pro’s. Looking in the US.

Unfortunately not.
I did get Stern to send me out Ramp decals though after the left one starting showing some wear from the metal guide that sits under the ramp.

1 month later
#17163 1 year ago

So I was having easily my best game ever on my Pro last night - a few exciting new achievements for me …. Completed Season 2 chapters and played Light The Fire for first time, one chapter away from Season 1 , got the MXV Skill first time ever , just cleared 2 billion ….. I was having a blast then this happened

Had just completed the 5th Demo battle and the game froze, stuttering sound, random lights, shaker pulsing , flashers lighting on , I turned off immediately worried some damage might result. I rebooted and thankfully it seems fine .

First time I have had the game crash like this . Of course it had to happen on my best game ever . So close to Final Showdown

Is this something others have seen ?
I am running 1.05 having recently installed one of Clelands recent updates (with attract mode video)

Photo of the point it froze. I have a few seconds video but couldn’t upload on here.
F90D159C-E7E1-4377-96C2-C6F3F323BDBE (resized).jpegF90D159C-E7E1-4377-96C2-C6F3F323BDBE (resized).jpeg

#17165 1 year ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

Yeah it’s a known bug unfortunately. I’ve had 300+ games on mine so far and had it happen for the first time the other day so hopefully it doesn’t happen very often but still frustrating that the bug persists

Yeah. I thought the bug was associated with the Final Showdown/ Snowball modes.

#17168 1 year ago
Quoted from blizz81:

Mine crashed the last time I got to / finished that mode. Sometime after it rebooted I noticed a ball was stuck behind the drops.

I def also had a ball sitting hung up on the drops when the mode ended !

It did cycle the drops and free it . A ball was then fed into the shooter lane. Then it stayed in it’s crashed state. I switched it off then.

Hmmmm. This def seems to be an issue. I wonder if Stern are aware of this one.

#17170 1 year ago
Quoted from blizz81:

Dang - I was hoping if and when it happened again I could quickly open the coin door and pop the drops down and maybe it'd be happy. In my case it never freed it until I turned it back on for the next game. I probably turned it off in frustration shortly after it finally rebooted (it sat slowly dying / emitting choppy audio for a little while), and had it free the ball on the next power up.
I'm pretty sure the S1 mini wizard mode also does this on 1.05 code and beyond - it did the one time I made the final demo shot so now I intentionally drain down to one ball if I get there.

This isn’t good news. I was looking forward to getting to the further reaches of the game and now have to worry it may crash

#17180 1 year ago
Quoted from Gutterghoul:

Jiminy Christmas, just put in the stern art blades, and has added more light then my stadium lights did! Might take them out now, whatever they coated the blades in is super super reflective
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I like those !

#17191 1 year ago
Quoted from ggg71:

Hi all,

Has anyone installed the translucent drop targets from Mezel mods? I like the look of it, but curious if it's a difficult install and if anyone else has an opinion of it?
Thanks!

Easy install . I like them. They maybe don’t ‘glow’ quite as much as I’d like but they look good. Def look better than stock black imo.

#17201 1 year ago
Quoted from ggg71:

Thanks. I've attached a picture. I'll have to take a look and see what the process looks like on YouTube.[quoted image]

Yikes.

Touch wood , no pun intended, my pro is ok so far .

#17210 1 year ago
Quoted from jake35:

the saucer gets a lot of abuse. whats the best way to protect it since cliffy doesn't have one for the game?

I think some people have been adding Mylar patches

#17211 1 year ago
Quoted from gk_usa:

Can someone post a picture with the glow titan rubbers and the uv kit light on? I've only seen pictures on here with normal light and glow titan rubbers.
Thanks!

I had glow Titan - recently swapped to Perfect Play purple / glows neon pink under UV , just for a change.
158A2A31-30E6-4020-9DB7-56D86554B59F (resized).jpeg158A2A31-30E6-4020-9DB7-56D86554B59F (resized).jpeg

#17213 1 year ago

Being lazy here and haven’t trawled through the whole thread ……
Is changing the post rubbers either side if the drops straightforward ? Any tips or is it pretty obvious . Looks like some dismantling required.

#17219 1 year ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Quite a bit of dismantling is required to get to those post sleeves. I just started removing things, making a list on a piece of paper of the order I removed things, then when I finally got to the posts (after removing most of the playfield components), I replaced them with long wearing Cliffy post sleeves, as I didn't want to do that all again for a long time, if ever. Also, while I had everything off of the playfield to get to that point, I put a complete set of plastic protectors on. I then reassembled things in the opposite order that I took things apart.

Oh man. That sounds more of a mission than I am in the mood for

#17220 1 year ago
Quoted from gk_usa:

What plastic protectors do you have?

Already fitted when I got the game. I think a guy on the UK scene made them - he does small runs of stuff for the local market.

#17232 1 year ago
Quoted from gk_usa:

What color do they appear like when under normal light? Blue?

I’ll get you a picture in the morning

#17238 1 year ago
Quoted from gk_usa:

What color do they appear like when under normal light? Blue?

Very pale blue

3F7FD1D9-9D38-4B40-975E-4F45976DBB35 (resized).jpeg3F7FD1D9-9D38-4B40-975E-4F45976DBB35 (resized).jpeg631F001B-ED30-4914-8059-31B5D7605917 (resized).jpeg631F001B-ED30-4914-8059-31B5D7605917 (resized).jpeg84AD9EDA-928B-4415-AD10-47D4D79CF906 (resized).jpeg84AD9EDA-928B-4415-AD10-47D4D79CF906 (resized).jpegC07E5277-D373-45FA-8CBD-9D2A8FC61A51 (resized).jpegC07E5277-D373-45FA-8CBD-9D2A8FC61A51 (resized).jpeg

A8659F82-4874-4BD1-BF63-E9E9A40B79A3 (resized).jpegA8659F82-4874-4BD1-BF63-E9E9A40B79A3 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#17415 1 year ago
Quoted from Borntolose:

Just cleaning the playfield and noticed this
[quoted image]

Wow - thats .....horrible.

Was that a routed game ? , looks like heavy wear in that whole area. Mine is HUO with a few thousand plays and looks like new around the saucer.

#17416 1 year ago
Quoted from blizz81:

I think the potential is there for bugs on any of the modes that let the balls drain and launch another ball for the player - at least one of the two S1/S2 mini-wizard modes (if not both - so if you get past TI2 and play 2 of either the left or right shot modes) and 5th demogorgon mode.
I think it’s if a ball gets hung up when they’re draining - ex. if one is caught behind the pops. Might be able to open the coin door quickly if you see if happening.

Happened to me on last Demo mode when a ball got hung up behind the drops as the mode ended.

#17417 1 year ago
Quoted from blizz81:

I also got this achievement during my game which Insider Connected tells me is more difficult than finishing the Final Showdown. Little do they know I am a BS artist…
[quoted image]

We def need more BS in the game , Love that mode !

#17421 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I still haven’t played that mode
Adult content is on too lol

I get it rarely . I do wish they had a percentage setting you could adjust

1 month later
#17561 11 months ago

The left scoop kick out is the least satisfying aspect of the games design . I wish they had rethought that. Maybe kicking up on to the ramp above or something would have been better

2 months later
#17676 9 months ago
Quoted from blizz81:

Now if only there was a mod that made this shot less clunky...

Embrace the rattle !

1 month later
#17923 7 months ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

There is a guy on twitch currently trying to break the Guinness Book record for longest continuous pinball play. (currently 48hrs on Beatles) He has a STh LE and a backup STh LE for playing on and will be attempting 50hrs with 5min/hr breaks that he can bank, etc.
https://www.twitch.tv/batcavepinball
[quoted image]

I did 24 hours for charity a few years ago - standing up and playing pinball, with only the occasional toilet break - Stand Up To Cancer . Raised over £2500 for charity .

I didn’t want to play pinball ever again after it
My forearms were soooo tired and aching.

#17926 7 months ago
Quoted from Munsters:

Yes, much airballs. UV kit is cool, but when you play the upside down it’s kinda boring imo. Hope future updates brings more to this mode..

I agree the Upside Down mode feels a little like a wasted opportunity . Just some points , no progression to anything .Almost feels like placeholder rules that they then didn’t do anything with.

I would have almost preferred it to be a mode you could choose when to start rather than just randomly happening.

It’s one of my few issues with the ruleset.

1 month later
#18073 6 months ago
Quoted from MasterBlaster:

I got a pro and don’t regret it one bit. I personally find the wall and ramps to be quite ugly when the game is off. The TK lock, projector and different side/backglass art weren’t enough to cause me to pony up the extra dough. Zero regrets but the UV kit is a MUST HAVE on any version IMO.

Quite ugly when the game is on also as the projections aren’t always on or don’t cover the white decals.

UV and Shaker a must .

#18074 6 months ago

I wonder if they will tweak the metal guide under the left ramp - on many Pros this was tight against the bottom of the ramp and quickly cut through the decal and in some cases into the ramp itself. I suspect they won’t .

I noticed it happening to mine and Stern sent me out a new decal . Extra Mylar and tape on the guide to prevent it reoccurring.

#18084 6 months ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Is a shaker well implemented on this game?

Yes - I think it’s a must have . Couldn’t imagine the game without it. Shakers are cheap enough it’s worth giving it a shot

#18105 6 months ago

Wow this club has exploded again … has something happened ?

1 week later
#18251 6 months ago

I prefer the perfect play purple on the machine. Looks great with the uv off and looks amazing with it on. The titan glow in the dark didn't look good to me when the uv was off.

Totally agree. PP>TG

#18269 6 months ago
Quoted from Gutterghoul:

Thats the only one i didn't swap to glows lol thanks for the reassurance its possible though

Same here . It’s completely hidden from player view so I didn’t bother

3 weeks later
#18442 5 months ago
Quoted from Dstyles23:

Thoughts on a shaker motor for this pin?

Absolutely ! Can't imagine mine without it now.

2 weeks later
#18836 4 months ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Where is this setting? I’ve had BS mode only twice in the 2+ years of ownership

Yeah where is this setting ? I need more BS in my life - such a fun mode to have running , and doesn’t come up anywhere near frequently enough .

4 weeks later
#20114 3 months ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I think it’s good that stern updated code to give us a couple new wizard challenges but it surprises me that no high scores for any of the 12 regular modes or bullish!t mode have been added in
Also surprised not a single person has mentioned this

An adjustment for the frequency of Bullshit! Mode award would be nice - we need more BS

1 week later
#20428 3 months ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

ST has the least shaker usage of any Stern Spike 2 I’ve played. As far as I’ve noticed, it only works when the demogorgon shakes. In all honesty, this game doesn’t need the shaker, at least as its currently coded.

What settings are you on ? I have a shaker on my Pro and it activates a lot , not just for the Demogorgan. It’s a must have imo.

#20429 3 months ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Good evening everyone.
Where can I get this exact ramp decal?[quoted image]

I believe someone on the main German pinball forum made them . Was mentioned a few days ago. Try asking there maybe.

https://www.flippermarkt.de

2 months later
#22104 33 days ago

Thanks to Banana-Joe for the awesome ramp decal
IMO this is the best design available as it ties in so well with the playfield art.

AE99B1FC-2FD4-481F-8B7F-6B7DF79E16DD (resized).jpegAE99B1FC-2FD4-481F-8B7F-6B7DF79E16DD (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#22246 24 days ago

Anyone else think they will never ever reach the Final Showdown ?

In 2 1/2 years owning the game I have only got to one of the mini wizard modes once …. and the game crashed during it

I’ve had Total Isolation 2 a few times. My high score is about 1.4 billion

Ok I don’t play it that much - a few games a week at most . Many weeks not at all - I don’t play nearly as often as I used to but I think the older I get the more I just suck at pinball

#22319 17 days ago
Quoted from dboeren:

So I was able to play a Stranger Things Premium the other day. I think I am now in the camp that the Pro is fine. The projector was cool, but it didn't cover as much area as I thought it would. The TK lock was disabled, no doubt because of reliability issues. Anyway, I am thinking now that the benefits aren't enough to justify the cost difference.

It looks good on the ramp screen and the drops but the expanses of white left uncovered on the ramps aren’t great . Maybe how my brain works but I find the uncovered white areas jarring and detrimental to the overall effect

1 week later
#22367 10 days ago
Quoted from rx2006je:

Tilt Graphics also makes a pack of ramp decals if you don't like the blending
https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/product-page/stranger-things-4-pack-ramp-decal-bundle

I actually bought these when nothing else was available - but never fitted them as I realised I didn’t really like the images , the trees one prob the best but the others just seemed a bit random.

Banana Joe decal ties in beautifully with the artwork and looks like it could have been factory.

#22369 10 days ago
Quoted from brickbuilder14:

Anyone know where I can get that big figure in the back left and the decal for the ramp? Thanks!
[quoted image][quoted image]

The decal is one of these isn’t it ?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Machine - For Sale
Covington, LA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ive.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party?tu=Ive and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.