IMG_3764 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3761 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3762 (resized).png
20240410_201325.jpg
abba tk lock (resized).jpg
IMG_3111 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3109 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #235 ALERT: Be sure to check PRO Ball Lock Post, it can come loose. Posted by chuckwurt (4 years ago)

Post #712 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Replacement rubber info Posted by fooflighter (4 years ago)

Post #1272 TECH: TOYS. Demogorgon adjustment to make less shot rejects Posted by rs812 (4 years ago)

Post #1273 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Projector focus adjustment instructions Posted by rs812 (4 years ago)

Post #1717 TECH: PLAYFIELD. TK lock and deflector adjustment instructions Posted by chuckwurt (4 years ago)

Post #3533 TECH: BOOTING. Fix for Spike machines that frequently have problems booting Posted by C0untDeM0net (3 years ago)

Post #5955 MOD: Stranger Things action button surround and shooter plate Posted by pinballslave (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dr-Willy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#83 4 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Started looking at the music and sound in Pinball Browser. Thinking I'm gonna go for something like this for the main theme. C418 Remix, with some quotes mixed in from EP1.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9wov13f2bivgipx/Stranger%20Things_Cleland%20Loop%20Idea.mp3?dl=0

love the remix, but i have a feeling the quotes will get old game after game after game. Excited to see what all you come up with though.

#84 4 years ago

I was board so i started playing around in pinball browser with the .64 code that dropped. I was excited to see that they have the lines from the scenes in there using the actors, so we should see that in future updates. My favorite so far is script 0x415 which is the purring noise dustin makes when showing off his new teeth in season two.

#86 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Dustin is pretty absent from the game so far. He will be a welcomed addition!!

From what i could tell they have approximately 15-20 liners from each character, except nancy, steve, and johnathon, they each have 5-10, they do have drunk nancy saying bullshit a bunch which made me laugh too. They have humor elements in there for sure, if executed correctly this could turn out great.

#88 4 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Yup, some lines that have yet to be implemented for sure. Look towards the end of the scrips too, third from last as I recall. “I am Groot” is in there
Must be a template.

There actually a TON of guardians in there, not sure if they are place holders or what, i found guardians animations/clips, music, and sound. I also found a ton of guitar sounds, perhaps from aerosmith? Not sure if they just keep a compilation of all sounds from previous games of what.

I will also say after watching a bunch of the custom animations from stranger things in pinball browser that this is easily sterns best house made animations to date.

Hopper also has about 200 recorded callouts from what i found (give or take 20ish that could be stuck in random places i didnt listen to everything), with most of the callouts having about 3-5 emotion variations.

#95 4 years ago
Quoted from speederice:

For those diving into the Pinball Browser side of things, are there multiple options to replace the music at the end of a game with both "Should I Stay or Should I Go" and Never Ending Story? Wasn't sure if there were two different music track slots available at the end of game or only one. And I know Never Ending Story is Season 3, but we are putting this out on location and I think people would get a kick out of hearing that song after a game.

It doesnt really work like that. Things in the code aren't labeled "end of game song" they are labeled script #'s so the code is looking for script 0x415 for example. So until Cleland gets his game and can match up the music he hears in the game to the script #'s in the code, we wont know whats all possible.

#98 4 years ago

.75 code just dropped

https://f002.backblazeb2.com/file/gamecode/stranger_things-0_75_0.spk.zip

Readme is as follows

PRO V0.75.0 - December 30, 2019
=====================

- Changing revision number to sync with LE/PRE rev level.
- Added new Demogorgon Kill SFX to Bust Out.
- Added new Demogorgon Kill SFX to Trap'Em, Trap'Em Super Jackpot.
- Added new Demogorgon Kill SFX to What's That.
- Added new Demogorgon Kill SFX to Run Will, Run Will Super Jackpot.
- Added new Demogorgon Kill SFX to Can't Stop This, Can't Stop This Super Jackpot.
- Added Send it Back Intro SFX.
- Added Light the Fire Intro SFX.
- Added new Send it Back Intro display effect.
- Added new Light the Fire Intro display effect.
- Added new Final Showdown Intro display effect.
- Added Bullies award speech.
- Changed the volume of the Bullies award SFX.
- Changed/Raised the speech volume for all speech .wav files.
- Added speech for finishing Morse Code.
- Added Progress meter to Quarter Hunt.

#101 4 years ago

Devo’s whip it needs to happen for the quarter run mode

#105 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I’m going to join this thread because the negativity and arguing over nonsense is killing me in the big thread.
Has anyone seen the projector working in real life? I am already in on an LE, so I am just going to trust it will be awesome, but I can’t help but wonder about this one since it is so different. I picture ball shadows making me crazy unless they illuminate the drops and ramps from behind.

I've been checking this thread more then the other cause i cant stand the non since by the same 5 pinside members all the time, its exhausting wading through that bull to try and find actual conversation about the machine. I don't have a game on order, just watching from afar because i love the theme and want to see how it develops.

From my understanding the projector is in the apron of the game, so yes you will get the ball interfering with it as it gets close to the targets and as it goes up ramps.

2 weeks later
#550 4 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

The Kenwood speakers that Stern has been using in the recent LEs are Kenwood KFC-1366s model.
UPDATE: The ones you have listed are 6.5" speakers.

Any idea What sub are they using in the LE’s?

2 weeks later
#984 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Who here thinks that during telekinesis multiball, that Modes should be suspended during the multiball? Personally , I think there’s too much going on during multiball to try and complete the mode that you were on. Just a thought.

It’s extremely common to stack modes/multiballs in pinball. This make strategy very important.

Take Star Wars for example, you can stack two modes at a time and also start a multi all with both modes running. Makes for some great high paced action plus makes it so everyone has a different attack strategy to the game.

Idk your pinball history but remember you saying this is your first new in box, just keep playing and you will start to get develop your own strategy for the game. I haven’t got to play this game yet but am really looking forward to it.

#1201 4 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Kenwood KFC-1366S

What’s the timeline on your le speaker kit with 5 1/2” brackets?

#1236 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

This is awesome, a rubber band being used to correct a design problem in a $6-9K pinball machine.

Quoted from kpg:

Damn, 854x480 resolution?
Your buddy comes over and says "damn dude, you paid $9 grand for that, I bet that thing probably has 4K"
Your response "nah, dawg. 1/2 K"

Everyone here gets it. You are not impressed, this however is the owners thread, the shit talking thread is the other one. Take this crap over there.

#1239 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Yeah, dude I have one on the way.
Settle down man, damn. Lighten up and take a joke

Ah last I read you had canceled your order. I’m just burnt on people shit talking everything about everything. I feel like people shit talk more then actually playing anymore.

#1260 4 years ago

Man rockytop that looks rough. It must of took some force for that to happen, if i recall those housings for the plunger are cast metal and not plastic? I have a few spares here if you want me to send one out to you although im sure stern is already sending one.

1 week later
#1492 4 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

What's the direct capture thing they talked about. I caught the end of that.

its for people who stream, direct capture will let them show the lcd panel without a camera on it.

#1531 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

I’m planning on ordering the kit. Do I think it’s a little Steep? Kind of. But I’m also a sucker for this. I mean. It does seem like we’re getting a lot for the price. Maybe order it in a couple weeks.

wern't you selling your game? have a change of heart?

#1573 4 years ago

So my question is, now that everyone is freaking out about the uv system up charge, would the reaction be bigger or smaller if stern left the uv system in the game and raised the street price by $300 for this title?

#1575 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Would you know about the UV before the upcharge? If It was in the feature matrix at rollout, and explained that the Playfield had a dual ink process of regular and UV ink prior to purchase...I wouldn't blink...it's the timing, not the cost

well thats what im asking. everybody always seems to poop themselves when stern does a price increase roll out, so if they just raised the overall price of the game from day 1 but it had the uv system and it was listed as a feature on the matrix would we be seeing as big of a reaction as doing it this way and giving people the option if they want to buy it, but not raising the street price the $300.

#1600 4 years ago
Quoted from Kharris:

To play devils advocate here this game already had a price increase, so I think they intended for this to be in there but then decided to do a marketing scheme and see who they could charge 300 again.

That wasn’t a price increase for this game, it was a price increase as of 2020. If you ordered the game before 2020 you didn’t pay the $100 increase, or at least that’s how my distro explained it to me.

#1613 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I picked up a Stranger Things pro for my friend and paid the extra $100 on 12/23/19.

That’s weird.... perhaps some distros rolled it out early?

4E1FA94B-8C05-4F25-94AD-5A6FA45E90F2 (resized).jpeg4E1FA94B-8C05-4F25-94AD-5A6FA45E90F2 (resized).jpeg
#1621 4 years ago

anyone mind sharing the price the paid for a premium? pm is fine im just curious.

#1700 4 years ago

Looks like cointaker already has a kit for $99 for uv lights

https://www.facebook.com/1424059967908255/posts/2468384333475808/

#1769 4 years ago
Quoted from blowback1976:

Well, I’ll be joining soon, and this will be my first NIB. Already have the UV kit and side rails on order for a pro model. And yes, I’m aware of all the issues and game bashing on this title.
Looking forward to this.

Side rails are out? Can’t find them.

#1771 4 years ago
Quoted from blowback1976:

Pre ordered. Several sites do have them listed. I ordered through Little Shop of Games.

Oh okay cool just saw them on their website, I hadnt seen them before. I’m don’t plan on getting them, I have the uv kit on order from stern and am patiently waiting for my premium to show up.

#1812 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'm getting it tomorrow. Not sure I can install it tomorrow though...it's my busiest day of the week. I'll be able to give feedback on it Wednesday, though.
I just finished a game where I got my first extra ball, fired up some different modes, and went through 3 Demo modes. I honestly don't know what some Pinsiders are smoking. I'm not even really that into the Stranger Things theme (I watch it, but don't look forward to it), but this game is a shitload of fun--and I'm a picky bastard.

I have a feeling all your getting in the mail tomorrow is the shirt you ordered lol.

#1817 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Well, I'll play with it more this week when I put the UV kit in and replace the rubbers with Titans, so it's not fully tweaked out yet. But I haven't even moved the outlane posts in at all yet. They're all the way out. Did you move yours? This game is a gobblemonster...

I’m planning on putting on glow in the dark titans to see how they react with the uv lighting

#1825 4 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

I'm catching up on this thread.
Do we know the difference between the Cointaker UV Kit and the Stern Kit? I leaning heavily towards purchasing the official Stern kit, unless someone can say otherwise.

Cointaker is just lights, stern is lights, plastics and apron

#1836 4 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

I have a pro but bought a metal apron, so wondering what is the best option.
Do you know if the coin taker kit plugs in with the smarts/pcb add on etc?? I'm new to Sterns and don't want to blow anything up. I'm gathering its best not to piggy back anything with node boards etc?

This i can not say, i haven't seen how the cointaker set hooks up, weather its plugging into the node board or just clipping onto an existing light. All i know is they said it would cost $99, for me the extra $180 for a new apron (that have lights built into the apron also) and new UV reactive plastics are will worth the difference. Honestly Stern said this has been in the works since day one so their kit is going to work best with the game, im not trying to throw shade at the modders but i dont think they can make a product that is going to work as well as one that has been in development side by side with the machine. I get the anger from people about how it should have been in the game (or a free addon for LE buyers) and agree with them, but in my opinion if you are going to buy a kit, either get the stern kit or get no kit.

#1838 4 years ago
Quoted from Rydhia:

Has anyone heard anything about when premiums go into production?

I talked to a distro yesterday and he said they are on the line right now and he was expecting to get some this week if not early next week.

#1844 4 years ago
Quoted from Rydhia:

Oh awesome, first news I’ve heard. Thanks for sharing!

Just received confirmation from my distro that my premium is shipping monday the 24th, which im happy about but now have to move my launch party out a week.

#1847 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I got my shirt today from Stern...
...and no UV kit.
Bastards.
I blame Dr-Willy

NOOOOOOOO, I had so much hope after your screenshot! Man that is a super bummer.

#1952 4 years ago
Quoted from fswanson24:

My Premium is being delivered tomorrow morning!

Awesome! Where are you located?

#1955 4 years ago

Has anyone heard if the stern art blades have uv features to them?

#2045 4 years ago

Crossing my fingers they get another update out fixing the resets before our launch party in two weeks.

#2049 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I always take a small punch and hammer it out gently from the underside.

I take a 1/4 wrench and put over the hex at the base (top side of playfield) and unthread it out. After a few spins it usually pops right out

#2054 4 years ago
Quoted from dri:

Ok, here’s the sob story. I went all in on Stranger Things and more or less ordered an LE sight unseen. Stranger Things is a dream them for me and my previous Sterns I’ve waited until I’m happy with what I’m seeing. I only did the impulse buy before with Tron, another dream theme. Near enough did the same with Star Wars, but I still can’t get over that game. Anyhow, reports were starting to pour in of the projector. Completely washed out. Reports of “it looks better in person” was some of the paid commentary. It does NOT look better in person. What you see is what you get. This is my only beef I have with this game. I had other griefs about some shots being shitty and what not but as code keeps dropping all will be forgiven in the end. My game plays near perfect now.
This post: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-stranger-things/page/85#post-5400822 speaks of a canvas type called Black Diamond. This YouTube video teaches you how to sell it in 2 seconds.

Seeing is believing, as my teaser post showed (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/38#post-5480839).
I was going to wait until someone came up with a kit you could simply buy, but this shit can’t wait, it looks awful! I sourced some of that Black Diamond (be creative, it’s easy to track down) and got some 3M adhesive sheets, a corner cutter and some supplies, like scalpels and knives. I cut out all the targets at first but it turns out that the BD material does not reflect at a certain angle and completely washes out the image. This also holds true to the viewing angle as well, it’s a little bit like an old TFT, but slightly better. So, I simply replaced all the flat surfaces on my game (it goes without saying, the ramps are not applicable). The material is very easy to work with and comes mounted on a .5mm plastic sheet of some sorts. It also seems very durable. I put some mylar on it just to see what it looked like but it did not work because mylar is glossy. Matte floor graphics vinyl is my next approach if the target surfaces wear down. I also replaced the left ramp billboard, it washes out in the angle towards the main billboard so be aware of that if you try this at home. Using alcohol on the projection surface is no problem either.
Does Black Diamond improve the visual quality? The brighter the room, the better it looks in comparison. The game emits a LOT of ambient light, I have my inserts turned down as much as I can and I also turn down the backglass to a minimum while playing. I’m happy with the results as the image does not have the white washed out image anymore and this time around it actually does look better in person, believe it or not!
I recorded in two different light settings, the first one is with the light I play my games in, ambient light is mostly from other machines. The other setting, a couple of minutes into the video, is with my shop lights on, which is insanely bright and no sane person would play pinball in that light, but it gives you an idea what Black Diamond is capable of.
Enjoy!

May I ask how much of the black diamond it took to do the areas you did, and how much it cost you. Only thing I can think to do is go to the supposed local shop that is listed on their website and ask for some samples of it and then cut it.

#2060 4 years ago

dri do you know if the sample you received was the black diamond xl, 1.4 or .8

#2062 4 years ago

Thanks! im going to try and get a sample of this and the slate .8 and see if either make a diff as far as viewing angle.

#2079 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Great! Could somebody please tell us WHERE THE HELL YOU'RE BUYING SMALL AMOUNTS OF THIS STUFF??? What's with all the secrecy?
I mean, I called Black Diamond but got their voice mail. Do you have to get it through a dealer? Because I'm pretty sure the guy at Best Buy will look at me like someone hit him over the head with a Louisville Slugger if I go in there asking for a 1'x1' piece of projection screen.
Also, dri , did you paste it right over the white screen, or remove the white screen gently so as not to ruin it (or replace it again if the BD stuff didn't work out)?
So many questions...so few answers.

I think right now everyone should hold tight and wait a little bit on this until dri and myself can prove its going to hold up over time. My premium is shipping this week, and hopefully i can get these samples on my game before it heads out to location. Id say let me beta test this on location, make sure its going to hold up and then ill let everyone know. No point in everyone doing this only to find out its not going to last over time.

#2084 4 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

I think it’s fine to put on the main screen as it sees no wear. It’s fine if you guys plan to market it as a mod but to share the info then go well hold on wait you can’t get it pretty much makes me say fuck it I’ll just deal with my current set up if it’s giant ordeal to get details.

Guys there is no secret voodoo. This stuff isn't for sale online in little bits, and its so expensive (the way the sell it in giant sheets for wall projectors) there is no way someone is going to beable to sell this as a mod and make it profitable (and i have no interest in selling any mods anyway i already work a day job and am an operator on the side). All you can do is reach out to the audio/video places around you and see if they are a dealer and have any samples they can share with you. This is what i did, and I'm sure this is what dri did. We aren't trying to withhold information, our information isn't going to be helpful to anyone who isn't in our immediate area. Local places aren't going to ship samples across the US. I started poking around online and did find out other companies make something similar, but i didn't go to far down that rabbit hole due to luckily having a local place that sold the black diamond stuff.

Like i said before I'm not personally going to say everyone should track this stuff down until i try it and see what its like/how it holds up, if you guys want to tear apart your machines and go for it then thats cool, but it may end up being a huge miss and waste of time (talking long term). If my samples do end up coming through like I'm hoping I will pick which one of the two materials i ask for samples of that I like better and im more then happy to send the one i don't use onto someone else.

#2086 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

Black diamond swaths. Coming to you next. Via Pinside Market

Honestly if someone can figure out how to make that happen then more power to them. I don’t have the time or the energy haha.

#2088 4 years ago
Quoted from corvair61:

I have the material.
These pictures just show it taped up. Thinking it would look even better when it’s installed permanently.
It makes the blacks much deeper with better contrast.
I’m thinking main ramp, drops, and ramp sides only.
I can mail a couple out for people that want to try it. Stuff isn’t cheap but I’m thinking one square foot should be enough. Probably $10
Pm me for details[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

RIP your inbox haha. Very cool, I figured someone on here was an AVS guy and would come through. Stuff looks great.

#2101 4 years ago
Quoted from corvair61:

Just so everyone is clear...
This is not Black Diamond. It is a high mill, self healing, adhesive vinyl. It is very expensive material and it definitely does the job. It is very easy to work with and install.

I’m curious to see what it looks like next to the black diamond. Dri says the black diamond can’t be used on anything except the main projector area so I wonder if using black diamond on the projector and this stuff on everything else could be the winning ticket.

#2106 4 years ago
Quoted from dri:

It can only be used on the main projected surface and the targets facing towards the projector. The ramps and the stand-ups behind the drops still needs solving to get the white out.

I think the dark vinyl that corvair61 is selling well solve those issues.

#2123 4 years ago
Quoted from dri:

I should've done better research on this before jumping both feet in. What we're looking for is ALR (ambient light rejection) screens: https://www.projectorcentral.com/ambient-light-rejection-screens-2.htm
This brand lays out the viewing angles quite well: https://www.projectorscreen.com/KB/Dalite-Projection-Screen-Surfaces
These guys have a whole slew of interesting material: https://www.draperinc.com/projectionscreens/tecvision.aspx
This looks amazing:

Doing a bit of research/reading around the AVS forum came across this which talks about a lot of different screen. Granted we are probably WAYYYYYY over thinking this due to the cheap projector tossed in these machines. The projectors they guys are using to test these screens cost more then LE versions of stranger things haha.

DaLite HD Pro (0.9, 1.1, 1.3, 1.1 contrast): Low ALR materials with exceptional surface smoothness, and wide open viewing cones. The 1.1 and 1.3 look particularly nice at night. But only a bit better than a reference white surface (or paper) with combating ambient light. Really beautiful material though with a solid black backing. I'd go with this if I had a darker room.
DaLite Parallax 0.8: Interesting performer, but too dark, and not as much ALR performance as others, with my side-illuminating windows situation. Vertical viewing cone not as bad as expected (about like Slates, better than Black Diamond), but still would require me to mount the projector lower than I'm willing to.
Draper XH900X, MSX1000: good viewing cone, pretty good ALR performance, but both very grainy materials. And notably dark compared to SI's offerings.
SI Slate 0.9, 1.2: Amazing performers on axis, especially 1.2: bright, incredible contrast, smooth surface. Nothing even close. If you could just have this performance over the full viewing area... But the narrow viewing cone, especially horizontally, means at the side of the viewing area they go dark and lose contrast, even from the main viewing position. Add in our wide couch and they're non-starters. Even with lots of ambient light, the HD Pro beats out Slate at the image's edge. At night it's not even close. Definitely also the most prone to hot-spotting, which I define as "ability to discern the position of the projector by moving your head around". To be very fair, I'm really pushing these materials at a low throw ratio of 1.4, below the recommended 1.5. Throw ratio and viewing cone angle are physical inverses. I bet at 1.8 or 2.0 (and with narrow seating), they'd hold up much better at the edge.
SI BD 1.4: Not available in retractable so a no-go for me, but thought I'd mention for completeness. Very close performance wise, but I actually prefer the Slates (at the center of the screen). BD holds up a bit better horizontally, but a bit worse vertically than Slate.

#2221 4 years ago
Quoted from Zenomorp:

We have rubber feet on carpet. They still get moved around a lot, but the rubber feet and carpet helps negate it.

Where are your cameras mounted? Normally I see them attracted to the back box on a mount setup but don’t see that here.

#2253 4 years ago

My premium arrived today. Only out of box issue I am having is the left ramp locking balls by its self. I have tracked it down to the left ramp exit opto. Seems the self tapping screws were perhaps over tightened and one of the opto sides is wiggle And registering the shot as hit when it is not.

Also the tk ball lock ramp firing will make the ramp shake enough that the opto fires. Going to put a couple of screws with nylon nuts on the sensor and see if it solves it.

#2258 4 years ago
Quoted from dri:

They should hire someone who actually plays pinball on the line to do final inspection.

Real quick what did you use to adhere the new black diamond projector material?

#2267 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

My premium arrived today. Only out of box issue I am having is the left ramp locking balls by its self. I have tracked it down to the left ramp exit opto. Seems the self tapping screws were perhaps over tightened and one of the opto sides is wiggle And registering the shot as hit when it is not.
Also the tk ball lock ramp firing will make the ramp shake enough that the opto fires. Going to put a couple of screws with nylon nuts on the sensor and see if it solves it.

Fixed this. After chasing it and tearing half the game apart thinking the opto was misaligned with the holes in the ramp, it turned out it was just a bad opto. Well bad solder job on the opto. Sucked off old solder and reflowed and it’s good to go now.

I rerubbered the whole machine in Titan glow in the dark rubber. I will say this, getting to the three rubbers in the back of the machine in the pop bumper area is a nightmare so bad I hope the ones I put in there never brake. I had to take more of the game apart to get back there and change those.

#2269 4 years ago
Quoted from dri:

I used this adhesive for the black diamond: amazon.com link »
I used this adhesive to stick the white spacers to the standups: amazon.com link »
This is the corner cutter I used (size S): amazon.com link »
Here's the knife/scalpel set I got: amazon.com link »

Thank you for this, excuse my dumb questions but what do you mean white spacers? are you talking about putting the original white material back on after it was removed?

I received two samples of the black diamond, one of the .8 and one of the 1.4. Im sure its just my eyes and everyones taste will be different but the 1.4 is the winner for me. To me it does everything the .8 does, but overall it gives a brighter picture than the .8 does.

#2291 4 years ago

Is anyone’s TK ball lock working 100% of the time? I feel like mine works about 1 in 10 it usually gets half way up the metal arm and then comes back down or it falls off the arm and goes to up post. I’ve messed with it every which way I can.

Weird thing is if I roll it up the ramp with my hand it works perfect it’s just from the flipper.

#2293 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Mines 100% for the first 20 mins of a session. Does that count? Haha

Then what happens? Does it reject or go past the arm to the up post?

I think I might tear apart my flipper and see if the cool stop is jack and robbing power from the flipper.

#2302 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Definitely report it. The more info the better. Make sure you’ve done the pdf checklist items too. That helped me a ton. My issue is flipper power being inconsistent.

This is what it feels like for me too. Sometimes the flipper feels stronger to get it up the ramp.

#2324 4 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

Based on hours of experience messing with this on my my own game, a friend who owns it and has also spent a lot of time on it, and watching several different examples streamed there are very few of these TK diverters that work as reliably as they should.
As for the software issue, I think the the idea behind it is that the diverter goes down quickly so a slow or weak shot that would not make it up the diverter can still make it around the loop (instead of sliding back doing the ramp and risking a SDTM drain which also happens too much). Thus, at least in theory, the diverter could act like the pro in this situation. I agree that there can be timing issues, but in the current code there is no way to adjust this. I sent an email to Stern about it previously, so maybe we will see some software changes to address this. Also several of us feel that the flippers get a little weaker with time making it much more difficult to make the TK lock after 30 minutes or so of play. It is possible this could be fixed in software, but I doubt that is entirely a software issue.
That said there are clearly mechanical issues here also. Tight turns have the potential to lose a lot of kinetic energy and the ball takes ~100 deg turn right before the diverter. The diverter works by essentially contacting the edge of the ball and pushing it against the flexible plastic ramp on the opposite side. This design has the potential for a lot of the kinetic energy to be lost due to deformation of the plastic ramp rather than the ball going up the ramp and there is no official way to adjust the position where the diverter enters the ramp which seems critical. Furthermore, if the ball enters on the inside of the turn more kinetic energy will be lost to the back wall of the plastic ramp. Unfortunately, the design does not make any provisions to adjust the position where the diverter enters the ramp. Even according to the Stern document, the diverter needs to be positioned with very tight tolerances (1/32") and at least on mine it would frequently move after a few games - this again may be related to large forces on the diverter due to the ball pinching action. I've solved this motion issue with tooth lock washers.
Overall I feel like everything has to be just right for the diverter to work, and even when I can get my game to that point it is very hard to keep it there. I hope Stern comes up with some kind of official remedy for this.

This is extremely well written and I echo everything there. I spent about two hours last night adjusting mine with a buddy shooting it over and over again. We got it dialed and locked about 20 balls straight.

Kept playing and shortly after couldn’t get any to lock, it was like everything got knocked out of adjustment just by playing the game. It’s extremely frustrating l, I might just disable my diverter for the time being and go to virtual locks.

#2328 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I can almost guarantee you it’s you flipper power. Let the game sit for a day and see if everything seems good again.

I did. Turned it off over night and came back this morning and tried and reject city. Perhaps a coil upgrade is needed but that seems like brake city for drop targets.

#2331 4 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

I've been curious about a coil upgrade but am reluctant to do it with how easy it seems to blow Stern's node boards.
Also, if you are noticing issues even with the game has been off for a while check and see if your TK diverter is still within tolerance. Mine would slip a lot after a few games before I put lock washers on it.

I’m going to get some plastic rod and cut it to the sizes for measuring the tolerances easier. All my measuring tools are metal and as soon as I try and see what distances are the magnet grabs it haha.

Where did you put the lock washers? On the four bolts holding the coil on the back panel?

#2334 4 years ago
09529077-0C91-40D5-A76D-473C05BE23FD (resized).jpeg09529077-0C91-40D5-A76D-473C05BE23FD (resized).jpeg
#2351 4 years ago

So fiddling with my lock some more tonight after cutting a piece of aluminum to use as a measuring tool. What interesting is last night when I was having the great success rate with locks , the arm was much closer to the wall than 13/16”. My guess is it was 1/2” away from the way.

With the tip of the arm 13/16” away from the wall, the ball barley makes it up the arm halfway before coming back down.

I’m going to keep fiddling away here and see if I get anywhere.

#2354 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

So fiddling with my lock some more tonight after cutting a piece of aluminum to use as a measuring tool. What interesting is last night when I was having the great success rate with locks , the arm was much closer to the wall than 13/16”. My guess is it was 1/2” away from the way.
With the tip of the arm 13/16” away from the wall, the ball barley makes it up the arm halfway before coming back down.
I’m going to keep fiddling away here and see if I get anywhere.

Following up on this. After adjusting more and more and more, my initial thoughts where correct. At 13/16” spacing for the arm to the wall all balls get rejected. Currently my machine arm is 1/2” from the wall (give or take 1/32”) i was at 100% lock rate with taking trapped up shots and I am at approximately 80-90% success rate with good clean shots up the ramp during normal play from the right flipper. I went ahead and put some tooth lock washers on that @twenty84 suggested. YMMV but something maybe someone else wants to try.

Also my ramp isn’t sticking out from the back wall 1/32” it’s actually in the wall about a 1/32”. The eleven plastic is sticking out a hair past the back wall of my ramp.

Just played about 5 games and am happy with this. Will play again tomorrow to see if it changes.

#2355 4 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Are you going to stream it?

jack danger has a premium with the kit at his place now and streamed for a couple of hours last night. It’s on his vod on hos twitch channel if you want to see it.

#2362 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Turn up the heat has zero scoring too. Never gotten more than a few million for that mode.
Barb i thought had the rules changed, but no idea what they are now. It’s definitely confusing. I’ve completed in one shot for minimal points and I’ve also had it last for lots of shots and score pretty big.

From what I can tell on where’s barb, dead barb is located in one of the shots randomly. Each shot you make you don’t find her adds to the collected total, so the goal is to hit every shot she isn’t at and then hit the one she is at. That will give maximum point cash out. This to me seems backwards. I think it would be worth x number of points and each time you shoot a shot she isn’t in it takes away from that total. So if you get it on the first try then you get the maximum points possible for the mode.

#2373 4 years ago
Quoted from arsmith7:

Install complete!
Took me about 75 minutes. Keep in mind this is my first pin and I've owned it for like 10 days. So I'm guessing you'll be slightly faster than I was.
Was exceedingly simple.[quoted image][quoted image]

What are your thoughts on it now that you have it and see it in person? Is it game changing for the mode?

#2378 4 years ago
Quoted from splitcms:

I had horrible problems with the telekinesis ball lock making maybe 1 of 20 shots after following the stern pdf fix. Today I put a little pressure on the diverter arm (pushing down) and made sure to wd40 all the joints involved in the movement. I made 10 of 10 shots so far. Not sure if it was luck or if this is a legit fix but definitely worth a try considering the high rate of success I’ve had.[quoted image]

Following up on this as splitcms pm’d me this morning and wells discussing this.

Last night I had my lock dialed, or at least I thought I did. Played great last night, came out this morning and played it and couldn’t get a single lock in three games, and I basically sat there and shot nothing but the lock shot the whole time. Came home on my lunch fired off a couple more games, still not a single lock. Came home sprayed a little (and I mean little) lubricant into the opening of the lock arm assembly where it slides on the screw (see picture) then worked the mech back and forth about 20 times so it distributed it. I then sprayed a little bit into a paper towel and wiped it on the plunger arm that goes into the coil in the back panel and worked the mech again.

I then played about 10 games. Every lock shot worked perfectly and locked perfectly. Not sure if this is a long term fix yet but I’m going to keep playing and see.

After looking at the part of the mech that slides on the hex head bolt, the mech arm basically rides on a nylon washer. Perhaps it creating a binding issue we can’t see. I’m not sure, I’m just going to enjoy the locks while they work lol.
37781939-D0B4-42EF-84CC-FA205CEAFB20 (resized).jpeg37781939-D0B4-42EF-84CC-FA205CEAFB20 (resized).jpeg9A58A517-0509-4BDB-A24D-1B7BB9415847 (resized).jpeg9A58A517-0509-4BDB-A24D-1B7BB9415847 (resized).jpeg

#2383 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

are the yellow wires new runs for the UV node board? if so, it seems like stern kind of cheaped out on their length so that they could have been neatly routed with the rest of the existing wire runs.

Looks like their is plenty of wire there I see a couple of sections where excess is zip tied up. Think it’s just more how he ran the wire.

#2429 4 years ago

For those of you have to change out your ramp I can tell you it isn’t to bad. I’ve pulled mine out twice now (working on projector material swaps) the first time it took me about 30 min but this 2nd time it took me about 10 min. I’ll take some pics as I put it back together so everyone gets an idea what they are up against.

#2434 4 years ago

Okay got my machine all back together with lots of pics of how to take the ramp out. I’ll do a full write up later. In the mean time I am loving this black diamond material! Here is a pic of my lighting setup and a pic of the game. My shop lighting is made up of four of these dual led tube’d lights.

Here is a pic of the machine (no glass on) with the shop at full brightness

4174C2BA-246F-483A-AC0C-DEA1031D9CCC (resized).jpeg4174C2BA-246F-483A-AC0C-DEA1031D9CCC (resized).jpegDB8B6D7B-A757-4B00-9D0D-A20E3111BB0A (resized).jpegDB8B6D7B-A757-4B00-9D0D-A20E3111BB0A (resized).jpeg
#2441 4 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

dr-willy & beelzeboob Are those art blades inside there that I see? Where did you get those? I don't see official ones on the Stern site.
I'm wondering if I they are going to make side art that is compatible with the UV light kit.
New thing that's bumming me out (I honestly want to love this game guys but I'm not there yet) looking through my UV kit materials... They seriously want me to swap out my metal apron for a plastic one!?
Has anyone just grabbed the UV lights from the plastic apron and retro fitted it to their original metal one?
I don't really consider switching metal to plastic an upgrade.

You ordered the wrong kit. There is a drop down menu to choose between premium and pro for the uv kit. Contact whoever you bought it through or stern directly and get it exchanged.

Also no I don’t have any art blades in my game perhaps you are seeing weird reflections/lights playing tricks.

Boob’s does have art blades, all LEs come with Le exclusive art blades.

#2443 4 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

I purchased the correct kit. So this would mean they maybe sent me the wrong one?
Documentation and parts labels don't mention anything about pro vs premium.
But here is my shipping details from Stern confirming I ordered the Premium and that's what they think they shipped me.
I got two separate packages so maybe they mixed up the apron?
Can anyone with a premium kit confirm if their new apron is plastic or metal?
Stern is not batting the best average with me with this table. I'll share a video with you folks tomorrow and ya'll will understand a bit more why this table and I have started off on the wrong foot.[quoted image]

Yeah looks like they sent you the wrong apron. I was said on the live stream and other places online the premium/le kit comes with a metal apron.

Looking at the pics boob posted above of his game with the kit installed, he def has a metal apron on his.

#2450 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

WOW. What a difference- and in full light. Looks incredible.
Is there any way to change the other screens?
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Unfortunately the black diamond material won’t work for the ramps. On my machine I did the main projector screen, the drop targets under it, and the four stand up targets (two at the entrance of each ramp.

#2485 4 years ago

Well I thought I had my ball lock dialed, but it’s back to its old ways.

#2499 4 years ago

Okay here is my write up on how to take out the main ramp, without driving yourself crazy trying to figure it out like i did lol.

Step 1: Start on the right hand side of projector assembly (this is the only step i forgot to take a picture of), there is a clear plastic with black swirls all over it. Remove the 1/4' hex post that attaches it to the back of the projector side assembly, then remove the tall 1/4' hex post that holds it to the bottom of that same piece. Put plastic piece aside in safe area.

Step 2: Unscrew the 2 5/16" nylon lock nuts that hold the panel to the base, once it is free you it will give you easy access to the two phillips head screws holding the opto in place, remove those also. Your right side projector panel will now be free to remove from the machine.

IMG_06332 (resized).jpgIMG_06332 (resized).jpg

Step 3: Move to left projector panel side, remove the 1/4' hex post and single phillips head screw holding the clear plastic with black swirls in place, also remove the small black phillips head screw at the end of the plastic. This plastic will now be free to be removed from the machine.

IMG_06322 (resized).jpgIMG_06322 (resized).jpg
IMG_06312 (resized).jpgIMG_06312 (resized).jpg
IMG_06302 (resized).jpgIMG_06302 (resized).jpg

Step 4: There is another section of clear plastic with black swirls under the one that was just removed. Take out the phillips head screw and the 5/16" nylon lock nut by the demogorgan and it will come free. Its take a little wiggling it in different positions to get it out but can be done.

IMG_06292 (resized).jpgIMG_06292 (resized).jpg
IMG_06282 (resized).jpgIMG_06282 (resized).jpg

Step 5: Now that the back of the panel is all exposed remove the single led light board attached to the back of the panel and then remove 1/4" hex post and 5/16" nylon lock nut. This will then let you lay the panel flat to access the two phillips head screws to remove the other side of the opto.

IMG_06272 (resized).jpgIMG_06272 (resized).jpg
IMG_06262 (resized).jpgIMG_06262 (resized).jpg
IMG_06252 (resized).jpgIMG_06252 (resized).jpg

Step 6: Now your ramp is completely exposed. Remove the 3/8" hex nut that is attached to the swing arm of the ramp (will also need a phillips head screwdriver to remove this) Pop the black C clip off the right side of the ramp and wiggle the pivot rod that goes through the ramp out the left side. The pivot rod will only go so far before hitting the side of the left ramp, but its enough for you to then angle the right side of the ramp up and pull it off the rod the rest of the way. It helps if the brass fitting is popped out of the left side of the ramp base, it will give you more of an angel to get the ramp out.

IMG_06242 (resized).jpgIMG_06242 (resized).jpg
IMG_06232 (resized).jpgIMG_06232 (resized).jpg

If anyone has any questions just ask!

#2520 4 years ago
Quoted from arsmith7:

Whoa... what are those rubbers?!

Glow in the dark from Titan they are uv reactive

#2554 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Same. I think they are working on adjusting the diverter mech for people with issues too.

You mean the ramp lock?

#2557 4 years ago

I hope so. Mine is working okayish, for my machine I found out if you shot the left orbit and then hit the left ramp after it feeds back to the right flipper it has enough speed to make it up. I do hope the come up with a solid solution though as I would like it more reliable on all shots up.

#2692 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

For pro and premium folks...art blades or mirror blades? I have a premium and wonder if the mirror blades would add more ambient light to wash out the projector.

I’m going art blades for this title and I am a huge mirror blade fan. Curious to see if UV art blades come out.

#2699 4 years ago

I have a full sample sheet of the black diamond .8 gain material for anyone that wants it. Just let me know

#2701 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

I have a full sample sheet of the black diamond .8 gain material for anyone that wants it. Just let me know

This has been claimed

#2769 4 years ago

Just completed installing DugFreez complete 5.25 set into my premium, they look great and i am super happy with them, just need to mess with the EQ for the new speakers. chuckwurt i have the same speakers the le's have, mind going into your settings and telling me what they are set at? Stern is now putting out a separate premium and le code file and i am wondering if the differences between them are sound settings for the different speakers the game uses.

Old vs new sub

IMG_0783 (resized).jpgIMG_0783 (resized).jpg
IMG_0784 (resized).jpgIMG_0784 (resized).jpg

Old vs new back box speaker

IMG_0786 (resized).jpgIMG_0786 (resized).jpg
IMG_0787 (resized).jpgIMG_0787 (resized).jpg

One of the sets installed
IMG_0785 (resized).jpgIMG_0785 (resized).jpg

Finished product
IMG_0788 (resized).jpgIMG_0788 (resized).jpg
IMG_0789 (resized).jpgIMG_0789 (resized).jpg

#2794 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Brian told me video mode is definitely coming, but he didn’t seem too excited about the lock bar button. He seemed to have put it there because all their games have it now. He wasn’t opposed to using it for a specific purpose, but didn’t have anything in mind that that point.

I would like to see the button used for something ala tbe hadron enforcer or like troll bombs but maybe for demogorgans?

#2796 4 years ago

What registers the center shot once the drops are down? I have been finding a lot of non registering when I hit it lately, mainly from my left flipper, demoGorgar will be ready to start I shoot it and nothing then I hit it from the right flipper and it’s good. Is it an opto or switch back there?

#2823 4 years ago
Quoted from Zenomorp:

So I made a repair log video on a few machines for my business and it included a repair of the TK ramp on our Premium. I snipped out the section about the repair and figured I'd share it here. I'm explaining things for the layman, so disregard that aspect of it. But right out of the box, the TK ramp/diverter was loose as hell...

This is interesting, if i recall mine is also loose (although i dont think its as loose as yours was) i figured it was meant to be somewhat loose so it didnt bind up while sliding back and forth.

#2826 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I think on the stern pdf the first thing it says to make sure of is that but being nice and tight.
I used the big handle on the backboard to hold the back of the playfield up with one hand while using a nut driver in the other hand to tighten that nut.

Of is he refering to that big nut? i thought he was talking about the hex bolt with the nut underneath it on the sliding pivot point. Either way i will look at mine again, need to anyway as its acting up, on the plus side my UV kit shows up today!

#2850 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

This is exactly why it’s awesome. Pure stress and with a sun cranking, it’s insane.

Hey chuck, how has your ball lock been playing since you did the lube job on it? has it stayed solid?

#2871 4 years ago

Well i finally got to my braking point with my ramp lock and disabled it. I am enjoying the game so much better now with out constant left ramp rejects and sdtm shots from rejects.

#2892 4 years ago

You streaming right now chuck?

#2969 4 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

So 2 big questions I have:
1. Is the left scoop eject supposed to actually go around the burn it back loop when it fires or people are just making that tweak to add an extra benefit?
2. Has anyone gotten or replaced their Demo ramp from Stern? I got mine sent and received finally but haven't even looked yet how hard it is to replace or if it actually does help make the Demo shot(which right now mine doesn't work for $Hi&, so I planned on trying it but hoping someone else could confirm difficulty of the swap and if it helped?
Here's to hoping for some more code soon and more Cleland sound added!

I did a full write up with pictures on how to remove the ramp. The post is a few pages back.

Here is a link directly to the post

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/50#post-5518302

#2994 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

I wish they would fix the syncing of voice to video during some of the modes. Their voices don’t match the movement Of their mouths. Especially during Bullies mode

give time, it will get fixed. I think they are more concerned with getting speech in modes that dont have any rather then making sure it matches the movement of the mouths 100% right now.

#3045 4 years ago

I have only played a handful of games but am LOVING this update.

However what exactly is the left lane target? I havent quite figured that out yet

#3097 4 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

Pro owners are you happy with your decision or is premium the way to go?

Well the good thing is the FULL game is there in the pro, no missing modes or stuff like that. With that said, i could not imagine this game without the projector, however that is just me. Also have to ask if you are someone to likes to take time and tweek machines, the premium takes some tweeking with the TK lock.

#3098 4 years ago

I think i hit a bug yesterday where it awarded me two extra balls when really only lit one. Was in the mode save will, started upside down with save will running, extra ball lit (was not previously lit) hit extra ball shot and it did the extra ball animation. Upside down continued to count down however the game would not eject the ball out of the extra ball shot. Upside down ended and then the extra ball animation played again and gave me another extra ball without me shooting a single addition shot. The game then gave me my ball back out of the extra ball shot.

#3101 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

So, I installed the black diamond and I completely agree with you about the main screen being a vast improvement (sometimes the contrast is a little TOO dark in the really dark scenes). But even after rotating the drop target pieces to make sure they were configured right so that they "popped" more (and you were right...there IS a difference when you rotate it 90 degrees), they still kind of look a little dark compared to the screen above it. Not sure I'm completely a fan, but it is an improvement!

Boob did you go with the .8 or the 1.4 gain material?

#3116 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

So I've got a problem I hope someone can help with...
Ever since I updated the code to .87, when I start a Demo mode, the ramp doesn't immediately lower. I know the switch in back is triggered because the mode actually starts, but I have to hit a few drop targets and/or the mystery hole shot in order to lower the ramp.
I would think some switch got out of whack, but it literally started after the code update. And I know I installed the LE code (I just double-checked).
I'm flummoxed.

When did you take out the ramp to do the black diamond upgrade? Sametime as when you updated code?

#3127 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The first one is okay, the second one might as well not exist, and the third one is by far the best. They can definitely be improved.

I wish they wouldn’t lock you out of mode starts once they start. If you have a mode running they will stack, but if you start then before a mood your screwed.

#3141 4 years ago

There is definitely a bug with Save Will, if you get an extra ball before starting save will, when you do start save will it will light and give you another one. Ill have to report this to stern when i have time.

#3157 4 years ago
Quoted from Makarov:

I'm not having any issue with my lock, everytime I hit it with enough power it works. Not sure if I've ever been able to backhand it with the left flipper though
After the update it sometimes locks the first ball without lock being lit and then drops it, but that could be unrelated to code.

Mine would do this to and the only thing i could come up with was that the ball hit the arm just right and kind of flew up the wall and it grabbed it.

#3174 4 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Would you recommend mirror blades with the UV kit?
Or is it distracting? I find it harder to play with mirror blades sometimes and am waiting for the stern side blades to come out

They are out little shop of games has them in stock ready to order.

#3191 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The only difference is the metal apron I believe.

Which someone did say fits on the pro so you could do the premium kit on the pro and get the upgraded apron

#3306 4 years ago
Quoted from Kharris:

I built a clear kit on titans website. If you go to stranger things it’s there all sizes and quantities.

Have you done your whole game in Titans? When I did mine I had to upgrade a few in the back to bigger sizes cause titans can run a little tight/small on some ring sizes.

3 weeks later
#3658 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Hopefully stern can rework this so that you can have the flipper power closer you stock than 200 because of you go that low, good luck hitting the demo from the right flipper.
But this cover definitely seems to be the issue.

Can you tell where it’s hitting the cover? Maybe some spacers need to be added between the top of the ramp and the cover so it doesn’t catch the ball as it goes up

1 month later
#4164 3 years ago

I played a bit of the new code last night as i was resetting up some pins for a location opening back up. Man I am really digging this update, things are really starting to sound cohesive with the speech. Also reworked my ball lock some more and got it working pretty great (we have all heard that one before)

I also tossed some purple T-Molding on my machine and am loving it over the black that was on it.

Quoted from gambit3113:

I have a question for anyone that used the black vinyl mod for the vertical features of the projector: what am I doing wrong!?!? I can barely see anything when I apply this stuff over the white canvas. Especially on the drops and stand ups, but even on the main screen. It’s just really dark and washed out. I’ve tried rotating it, but no luck. Mine looks nothing like some of the pics people have posted. Am I missing something?

what brand are you using?

#4167 3 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

The VViViD vinyl stuff

From my googling they don't make a projector surface? It just looks like car vinyl?

#4228 3 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Would you please post some pics of this

Here is the only picture i took

C6C10250-87B4-4B29-9AB3-3E1122BBF2CA (resized).jpegC6C10250-87B4-4B29-9AB3-3E1122BBF2CA (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#4467 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Almost 100%.
Here’s my most recent stream. Possibly 1-2 over almost 2:30 hours didn’t go when they probably should’ve.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/660602695

Okay so what’s different with your mech now?

#4470 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Fans made the biggest difference. Then LOTR special coil for the extra boost of power to hold up over long periods.
I think vireland ’s fans will be great for everyone that is experiencing fade over long periods of play.

Are you using the LOTR coil on both flippers or just the right?

1 week later
#4698 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Thanks again to chuckwurt for letting me know (in another speaker lights thread) how to modify the Type 13 lights to get the red/blue/purple animation. Green and yellow were making me puke.
That dude's gotta be up for Pinside MVP...

Link to this?

#4700 3 years ago

I was talking about where chuckwurt showed how to modify the settings but those do look cool in the thread you linked

1 week later
#4774 3 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

What size speakers are in a STh LE, 4 inch or 5 1/4 inch?

5.25” kenwoods

8 months later
#8951 3 years ago
Quoted from palacekeeper:

Does anyone know when Pinmonk's fans will be back in stock?

He is in this thread, im sure he will chime in. PinMonk

3 weeks later
#9421 3 years ago
Quoted from PBMAN:

Hello all. Just got a premium and the Stern Shooter. Wish shooter came with instructions. Can’t get mine to light up. Connected to small board on the left. Don’t see where you have to turn it on in the settings.
Anyone else have any issues with theirs. Thanks

Make sure you on the latest code. It wasn’t activated within the code until one of the recent updates.

1 week later
#9635 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

I emailed him again. It’s been over a month now since my order. Hopefully Stern ships some sooner than later since I paid in full already. It’s a topper, not a pin. So frustrating if it’s going to take months to receive.

What order number are you? I ordered from there also. Am order number 10264 and ordered within two minutes of it being posted on the website. No topper yet for me but sometimes it takes a while.

#9746 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Here’s a funny story. I drove about an hour to my new distributor today to get a Pro. He told me a while back that he was out of Premiums and LEs. So after a few frustrating weeks of searching, and dealing with a flaky LE seller in Florida, I talked myself into a pro. I walked into the distributor’s warehouse, and he took me back to an impressive storage area with at least 100 NIB pins, and 12 STH Pros alone. He looks up to the 3rd tier, about 10 feet over our heads, and says “huh, what’s THAT doing there?” There it was, was a lone STH Premium.
Long story short, he offered to sell the Premium to me for a reasonable bump over MSRP. But what did I do? I went with the Pro anyway! After getting it home and playing 20-30 games, I’m super happy with my decision. The game already feels perfectly dialed in, and it’s a flow monster. The orbits feed to the flippers without hitting the slings, Burn It Back feels amazing and the saucer feeds Burn It Back at least half the time. The demagorgon shot was perfect for about a dozen games, then it became difficult, so I’ll need to look into that (may need an updated ramp). My game was born February 2020, just before the SHTF with COVID. I couldn’t be happier with it, and I already have a buyer for my Jurassic Park pro (a friend).
Here’s my modest first-day GC (I already moved the outlane posts to the middle position):
[quoted image]

What distro was this?

1 year later
#14972 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Coolest thing about this season is the way they filmed a bunch of stuff when Eleven was little, and used it here. That took a lot of foresight.

Pretty sure they didn’t. There is tech to make actors look young, ala deepfakes, ever seen the first captain America movie where they put Chris Evan’s face on a really wimpy guys body before he took the serum? Almost positive they did the same thing here. There are a few scenes when she is small that look really weird due to the tech/way it’s shot. It’s still cool to see done however.

1 week later
#15119 1 year ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

I got my backup projector today. Man the thing is tiny![quoted image][quoted image]

How much did it cost?

#15133 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

As far as I know, converting a pro to a premium is not possible due to the custom firmware on the projector.
The replacements come from stern and they are $800.

I wonder how the firmware is loaded onto it, micro sd card in it perhaps? If we can dump the firmware then we could all buy two projectors for less than one from stern.

#15197 1 year ago

For anyone who doesn’t have the stern topper I just saw little shop of games has them on sale for $640.

1 year later
#19298 4 months ago
Quoted from REDiesel:

Sure thing. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This is awesome, thank you, any chance you could pull the playfield out and get a pic of the magnet mech behind the backboard to see if it’s the same and just moved over?

#19304 4 months ago

I’m on the phone now with stern tech support asking about the new mech. They are saying new one is not compatible with first run premiums but couldn’t say why. All she said was the info they were provided from engineering said redesign didn’t work with older machines.

She is looking for new part numbers now for the new parts so I can get them and mess with them in my machine.

Edit: she didn’t have new part numbers yet, said they haven’t sent over the updated manual with the new numbers yet.

#19311 4 months ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Given enough replacement parts of course it would be compatible.

Yes of course. Just depends on how much money and work someone wants to put into it. What she meant is it isn’t a drop in replacement that fixes it. I’m still going to attempt to fix my early run with the new parts because I love this game and plan on keeping it for a good long while

#19323 4 months ago
Quoted from smoothbore19:

I’ve put a few games on her. I’m am noticing the TK lock issues. It’ll lock two balls good but the third will hit and not grab or it’ll hit and nock a ball off. I turned the power up to 60. I’ll see what that does.

That power in the settings doesn’t do what you think it does. It controls the release coil for the magnet holding the balls not the power of the grab/hold.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

8,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Vaughan, ON
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dr-Willy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party?tu=Dr-Willy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.