IMG_3106 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2775 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2771 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2774 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2756 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5170 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #235 ALERT: Be sure to check PRO Ball Lock Post, it can come loose. Posted by chuckwurt (4 years ago)

Post #712 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Replacement rubber info Posted by fooflighter (4 years ago)

Post #1272 TECH: TOYS. Demogorgon adjustment to make less shot rejects Posted by rs812 (4 years ago)

Post #1273 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Projector focus adjustment instructions Posted by rs812 (4 years ago)

Post #1717 TECH: PLAYFIELD. TK lock and deflector adjustment instructions Posted by chuckwurt (4 years ago)

Post #3533 TECH: BOOTING. Fix for Spike machines that frequently have problems booting Posted by C0untDeM0net (3 years ago)

Post #5955 MOD: Stranger Things action button surround and shooter plate Posted by pinballslave (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Darscot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8896 3 years ago

I don't understand why people get so butt hurt about Cardy Hardy. I had no intention of posting in this thread but I was curious what the reaction to the topper would be so I was lurking a little. I personally felt Cary was far too kind and diplomatic. You can literally see the naked LED strips. That is color bombed home made topper level quality and people would rip a guy apart for a mod that the strips were visible. It's Stern so people throw money at it and call it awesome. This whole thing that anyone that has an opinion different from yours is a Dbag and a terrible person is so weird.

#8898 3 years ago
Quoted from Joeymonkey:

Hi Darscot, welcome to the Stranger Things club. I don’t think anyone was upset about Mr. Hardy’s review of the topper, I think it was his dismissive attitude about the game even though he heard the code had improved it. I personally think that a reviewer in Mr Hardy’s position should be able to share his opinion of any game or accessory he likes, but I think that it’s only fair to the company that makes it to actually play the new code before dismissing the game. Reviewers hold a lot of sway. Since I can’t get out to many arcades, especially this year, I give reviewers words a lot of credence. In fact, when I went shopping for a new game in January I nearly passed over Stranger Things because of all the bad buzz and bad reviews it had gotten. But I decided to try it and I am so glad I did as it was the one I loved most and I bought it. Now, Mr. Hardy may well play it again with new code and still come to the conclusion the game isn’t worth while. And that would be totally fair, but for him to continue to dismiss a game that he hasn’t had the chance to play in its current incarnation seems unfair. I think that is what people were put off by in the review, at least that is what I thought when I watched. All the best!

He literally said he can't comment on how the game has changed because he hasn't been able to play it. He did say he was skeptical because he can't play it due to reliability issues on route. Let me get this straight people are upset because he hold so much power as a reviewer that even when he is not doing a review and says he will not comment on a game because he hasn't played it that it is too dismissive of said game and bad for pinball? People want him to just change his review because he hears it's better without even playing it?

#8900 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

He said he couldn’t play it because it was pulled from all the locations because it didn’t make money which is a joke. It’s one of my top earners and well on its way to paying itself off even though. Ya know. The global pandemic nearly destroyed location pinball. I’ve not talked to one operator, and I talk to a lot of them, that hasn’t had Stranger Things as a top earner. Also, about the led lights being visible, that’s what infinity mirrors look like. Have you never seen on before?

I don't want to get in a big thing about as you guys are clearly pissed. Personally I think at that price point you should not be able to see the actual strips. Of course you need to see the light. I am talking about the actual ugly strip with the spot that says cut here. I thought they could have put in a little effort, to tuck them away or use a diffuser. There is no reason for the ugly source of the light to be visible.

#8903 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

While I agree it's not cool to see the strip itself, making an EFFECTIVE infinity effect isn't easy. I know because of my late 70s jukebox that has it and trying to convert it to LEDs is difficult. Lights have to be very bright from 2 sides(front facing and back facing). If you diffuse it it doesn't work as well. Using RGB bulbs would have hidden the "wiring" but those just aren't as bright as the strip. It's a compromise.
Is it perfect? Hell no.
Is it good enough for me? Sure.. You just will never have your face 2 inches in front of the topper like that teaser pic.

I think I paid ten bucks for this and everything is nicely tucked away. Ha ha i just noticed a diode is out, guess I should buy another one. You guys set a very low bar for this kind of thing.
C2E25729-9FDE-4496-83B8-C097BC4C9A1D (resized).jpegC2E25729-9FDE-4496-83B8-C097BC4C9A1D (resized).jpeg
0A24FC75-AEAA-4C69-8641-0632E9B5EB31 (resized).jpeg0A24FC75-AEAA-4C69-8641-0632E9B5EB31 (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Machine - For Sale
Guilford, CT
$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lewiston, NY
$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Darscot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party?tu=Darscot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.