IMG_3106 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2775 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2771 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2774 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2756 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5170 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #235 ALERT: Be sure to check PRO Ball Lock Post, it can come loose. Posted by chuckwurt (4 years ago)

Post #712 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Replacement rubber info Posted by fooflighter (4 years ago)

Post #1272 TECH: TOYS. Demogorgon adjustment to make less shot rejects Posted by rs812 (4 years ago)

Post #1273 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Projector focus adjustment instructions Posted by rs812 (4 years ago)

Post #1717 TECH: PLAYFIELD. TK lock and deflector adjustment instructions Posted by chuckwurt (4 years ago)

Post #3533 TECH: BOOTING. Fix for Spike machines that frequently have problems booting Posted by C0untDeM0net (3 years ago)

Post #5955 MOD: Stranger Things action button surround and shooter plate Posted by pinballslave (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider C0untDeM0net.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

829 posts in this topic match your search for posts by C0untDeM0net. You are on page 1 of 4.
#175 4 years ago

I'm thinking of picking up a pro as well. I think it would look excellent next to my Munsters which is constantly panned on here but I love. Almost 1400 plays on that and still play it every day.

One of the local watering holes got this pin two days ago and put a bunch of plays on it. The ramps and orbits shoot nicely but the Gorgon is an impossible shot. I have to imagine stern will either make a major code change to make that shot something worth shooting for or do some sort of hardware change to make it easier. I was there for hours and we only saw two shots go in and some of these guys are really good. When the payout is less than 1 mil that's not worth going for and most stopped. The modes are where it's at right now so I hope they do something to change that and make it something to shoot for as it's the main focus of the pin.

#221 4 years ago

My son is at camp grandparents so my wife and I went out to Ocelot tonight and played for about 2 hours. I think the incline was adjusted as I was able to hit the gorgon numerous times tonight. Hit it on my first shot actually after probably 50 shots on the 31'st. Also got a chance to really go thru a few modes and we both had a ton of fun. My best score tonight was nearly 130 mil and it was a blast. I managed to line up the gorgon, telekenisis multiball, and randomly got the upside down at the same time. Super fun.

So I am officially joining the club as I contacted a distributor and put in my order. Check is in the mail and hope to see the machine soon.

IMG_20200102_185338 (resized).jpgIMG_20200102_185338 (resized).jpg
#243 4 years ago

My first NIB (and machine) was my munsters and I can totally understand the feeling. I had dreams for a month figuring out the perfect way to get the machine down the stairs as I wasn't so sure it would go lol. Then I watched many unboxing and setup videos online. In the end when the machine showed up the box was completely trashed with a massive gash in it so large I could pull the legs out. After working it out with the distributor I set it up and ended up keeping that machine as there did not appear to be any cosmetic damage. They said set it up and give it two weeks to see if anything is broken. In the end knowing I could get a completely new machine if I something was messed up relieved so much pressure that I just set the thing up and started enjoying it. Hoping this NIB will go much more smoothly for me so I can enjoy the unboxing tho Last I heard it could be a few weeks before I see mine. Hoping it's sooner

#245 4 years ago

I ordered the pro from a local distributor and they apparently drop ship from stern. Not any in stock in Northern Virginia I guess

#252 4 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

Played a few games last night on location. Would have played more, but the center ramp broke and was stuck down.
Has a good number of shots and seems to shoot well.
Unfortunately, it's not really worth playing until they get some code. It's so bare bones right now it is kind of pointless.
Looking forward to trying out a Premium/LE to see how the projector is integrated. I see potential.

I honestly don't understand this statement. There is a ton of theme integration and the base modes are well thought out and mesh really well with the show. Please tell me what code this needs other than polish. The core of this pin is here now from what I can see. My guess is what we see going forward is polishing what is there and I'd be very happy with that. I would love to know what more code means to you because I have no idea what that means

#258 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Should of called Game Room guys from Michigan. They have plenty in stock. I’m surprised Virginia didn’t have any. Weird.

I wanted to support my local distributor here. I have two other pins and can play one 15 minutes away so I can survive a few weeks

#276 4 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

How many games have you put on this machine?
If you think the game is all there and just needs some polish, then I really don't know what to say to you other than I disagree with your assessment of the current game state.
My goal is not to crap on this game. However, Stern released the game so we have a right to review it in it's current state. The code is maybe half done, that doesn't make for a good experience in my opinion.
The people I chatted with while playing thought similar to me, that the game is a long way from being done. And, in it's current state, it wasn't all that enjoyable. Probably, because you can see the potential that is there. But, it just isn't coded yet.
If you look at the modes, the shots and what the code can be, then I think there is hope. Like I said, I think it shoots well. When the code is done, then it may well be as great game. I'm a big fan of Stranger Things (the show) and would love to see this game fulfill its potential.

I've played more than 4 hours on this machine on the latest code. Maybe the one you are playing on is not? who knows. Clearly the code is not complete and I didn't argue that or say it was. I said the core of it is there. It's at .75 now which means there is still 25% left to be done. Until I have one in my house there is no way I have enough quarters to get to the final modes that are yet to be complete. What is there is already quite deep from what I've played. The modes are quite varied and well tied into the show with good clips. I said they need polish but I like what I see and had a great time with it.

I'd love to hear some of your ideas on what needs to be improved (and don't say add the missing modes cause no one I've seen got deep enough into the machine to even see that stuff yet). Like how could the quarter hunt mode be improved? The find Barb? The operation Mirkwood mode? I've played through all of the season 1 and season two modes and seen one of the mini wizard modes. Honestly, I would really love to hear how these could be improved as all of this stuff is in the game already.

#281 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

So I was told when my machine arrives, to ditch the stock pinballs in there and replace with some premium pinballs. Anyone recommend where I can get them ? I bought a set of titan pinballs for my SP machine, but they really didn’t look any different then the ones that were already in there.

I bought the carbon ones for my Munsters from here

https://ballbaron.com/

Munsters has a strong magnet so the carbon is apparently better for that. Seems to be. For stranger things I may try the Ninja ones.

#338 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

The Tron Arcade is def 4 inches so should work if you can find a spot... maybe above a scoop like in Tron.

Funnily enough I won one of these little mini arcades in the league finals last round. It's just over 3 1/2 inches tall but does not say on without someone touching the controls. It's amazing this thing actually works and is playable.

IMG_20200106_111904 (resized).jpgIMG_20200106_111904 (resized).jpg
#393 4 years ago

Just got word that my order is placed with stern and they should be building it within the next two weeks. Hopefully have it within three. Hoping that they have been getting reports from users and are making modifications on the up post, ramp metal, and demogorgon difficulty. Will take a close look at those when I get mine.

#396 4 years ago

Mines for a pro. Placed the order last Thursday but it took a few days for the payment to go thru and for stern to confirm the order.

#490 4 years ago

Was at a local pub last night and witnessed the flipper coil stop issue first hand on a pretty new jp. Two of the three flippers were already busted. I've heard about a few new st's here in the area have had the issue as well. Just to be safe I'm buying some backups from pinball life now to have them on hand. My Munsters hasn't had any issues but the coil stops on it don't look anything like what I saw on jp last night but getting 4 just to be safe.

#521 4 years ago

congrats and lucky you they brought it into the house and down the stairs! Mine is coming via carrier and my last machine the guy would only bring it in the front door and I still had to give him a nice tip to do that.

Heard from my distributor that my pro should be shipping from stern any day now. Hope to have it sometime next week!

#698 4 years ago

I'm still waiting to hear when mine will ship. Hope to get it this week. Just got home from the local brewery and my 9 year old kicked my butt. He got to the third demogorgon mode. I've only ever seen the first one. He wasn't even going for the modes and kicked my butt. Beat me by 40mil on one game lol.

He can't wait for our machine to be here. Pretty sure he would have stayed all day but I ran out of quarters. He absolutely refused to play any other game there and they have some great games. Metallica, Willy Wonka, JP, Monster Bash, Star Trek, and a bunch of others. Just would not play anything else.

We also were playing the Visual Pinball original by orbital pinball today for a good while. Asked him which was better and he said the real one by far.

Getting anxious waiting for ours to come. Hope it's here soon.

#704 4 years ago

I've played both and hate the band and hate the art of the other. Not a huge fan of the iron maiden layout either. I do like Jurassic Park but I can play that at three different bars nearby. My son loves the JP movies but can't stand the pin. He would not walk away from stranger things today and he's never seen the show...

#750 4 years ago

Nice!

Just got word that mine will be delivered Thursday. Can't wait!

#755 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

youve been waiting! excited for you

Thanks Definitely tons of excitement in the house. My son can't wait. First thing I'll be doing is checking the pop post mech and one way gate to see if there have been any changes since mine is supposed to have been built this last week. Will post pics once I get it.

#757 4 years ago

The pop post thing is the ball stop post on the pro on the left ramp. It's been coming loose because it is not pinned and popping out. The one way gate near the demegorgan has been coming loose because it's cut too short causing balls to forever lock. I'm guessing both of those issues are easy to resolve on the line so hoping they have been looked at a month into manufacture.

#762 4 years ago

I get mine Thursday and will let you know

Quoted from pinballkyle:

What is stern doing about the defective lock post and gate? Have they changed their design yet?

#763 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Also, I am sure this is normal but if you are moving the out lane posts you cant remove them even after taking off the bottom nut, TIGHT. A deep 1/4" nut driver, or deep well 1/4" socket removes them easily. Probably common knowledge for most, but lets just say the ones on my Metallica are pretty eaten up.... needle nose pliers are NOT a substitute tool in pinball as they are in many other applications, lol.

Good to know. My munsters it was not a huge deal to move the posts as they just popped out after unscrewing it.

#767 4 years ago

what incline do you have it set at? Flipper power is going to be highly dependent on playfield angle I would think. I asked Mike Vinikour what tips he had in the last stream for it 1:09:17 into the stream https://www.twitch.tv/videos/535665069. Level playfield, 6.5 degrees. Mike answers about 1:11 and he says that if it is hitting high to reduce flippers a little and to make sure the ramp is sitting flush when it is down cause that can make the ball hop if it's not flush when down.

#775 4 years ago

the dimples do start to even out. I remember after the first 50-100 plays on my munsters I was really concerned about them but now after almost 1500 plays I have to bend down and really try to find them with the light. They are there but not noticeable while I'm playing. This machine definitely has more air balls due to the demo hit than my munsters and you will see some deeper dimples in that. Probably as bad as the ghostbuster machines a good while back with the slimer mech and those dreaded pop targets. I just recently saw on the playfield protector thread that a guy with the ghostbusters machine even a thick extra piece of plastic over the entire playfield didn't stop the dimples.

You have to remember that all of these materials are less dense than the steel balls flying around. While it is an eye sore at first it will look better over time

What I am more concerned about is the metal. The demo ramp on the one near me has some pretty nasty dings in it visible when the ramp is down. The metal ramp transitions are also quite dented. I really hope Stern provides cheap replacements for those metal parts cause I can see me replacing them once it gets to be a huge eyesore. Those transitions will be a real pain to replace at some point. The main ramp should be pretty easy assuming there are replacement ramps available

#784 4 years ago

Mine has arrived and is in the house. I'm just waiting for the glass to no longer be freezing cold before I pull it from the machine and complete setup. My wife and son are both home sick with the flu and this definitely brought their spirits up. Also funny I went to try and find the code update and it wasn't on the main page. Had to search for it. Appears they put it under 2019 year lol

IMG_20200123_101401123 (resized).jpgIMG_20200123_101401123 (resized).jpgfunny (resized).pngfunny (resized).png
#785 4 years ago

LOL, powered up and it's got the latest code on it but everything is in austrian. Trying to find the language menu setting. Mine is NOT showing the 48 volt warning on start up. Only when I open the coin door

#788 4 years ago

All up and running. It does look like the one way gate was modified from pictures that I have seen. The slack outside the mount is at least 4-5mm in length. It's not easy to see the end of the ball stop. Will take a look when I don't have my son breathing down my neck to play it Started at 200 for flipper power and we have not made the demo shot yet but neither of us were accurate in the shot on the first game. I would not have expected any of mine to go in from where they were hitting. Looking forward to many games today on it.
IMG_20200123_121316115 (resized).jpgIMG_20200123_121316115 (resized).jpg

#792 4 years ago

I've been messing with my demo as well and you really do have to find the sweet spot between power and pitch for the machine. For me it ended up being exactly 6.5 degrees and 195 both flippers. My son made two shots in a row and I've made about 5 but not in a row yet The second demogorgon after you drain the two balls in him you have to shoot the every shot as they are all lit. My son was so excited he shot it twice he drained right away so not sure if those lit shots are jackpots or what but you are clearly still fighting him in that multiball

I took a look at the left ramp ball lock rod thing and it has not changed on mine. Same press fit.

#793 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

I love how you have the vpx version next to it.

The VPX one is great. Been holding us till the real one came in

#795 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I would take some crimpers to it to try and tighten it or pull apart and put epoxy in there or something.

Agreed, once my son is done playing with it and I get a chance to take the glass off again

#800 4 years ago

So my son was hitting the demo but I was still unable to drain one. He also started to have a dry spell. We've seen it go in probably 15 times since we got it setup but I wouldn't say it was easily makeable. I guess he's much better than me lol. I asked the guy I bought from if he had any suggestions and he said the biggest thing he's found is that the bubble needs to be between the lines.

So I took a look at my pitch again. I set it to 6.5 with an inclinometer but the bubble looked like the attached.

I made the adjustment to my machine to get it between the lines. It meant closing the rear levellers completely and bringing the front up about 4 full turns. That got just the tip of the bubble on the top line. I'm not taken the glass off yet to see what that is at but the first shot I took I made. Then second, third, missed fourth (bad shot), and landed the fifth.

It does make the game a bit more floaty though. Going to play with pitch some more to see if I can find a middle ground between floaty and making it reliably.

IMG_20200123_184755327 (resized).jpgIMG_20200123_184755327 (resized).jpg
#803 4 years ago

I have this one that I use to level left/right and check the pitch. you can really only tell if it's somewhere between 6 and 7 for instance.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00002N7UH

It gets me in the ballpark and is a quick cheap tool to have in the bag. For the tweaking the final bit I use the pinball leveller app

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nottud.pinballleveller

You have to have a device with good sensors tho. My phone is not accurate enough but my tablet is.

I've closed all of the leg levellers and the pitch is right at 6 degrees and it's perfect. Maybe as we get better at the game we'll increase the pitch. As I said at 6.5 we were making it but it was 1 in 20 shots or so. Now it's 8 out of 10 which makes the demo modes much more bearable.

#806 4 years ago

I figured out the Austrian thing. The number one dip switch on the cpu board in the backglass was on. For USA all should be off. Once changed it seemed to reset all settings and scores.

#812 4 years ago

Now that my machine is set properly to US I am seeing the 48v warning on boot up before the leds do their power on test.

#814 4 years ago

So I guess my one way gate wasn't fixed after all. Maybe 50 games in and a ball stuck there. I widened the gate a bit then put it back. Was a pain to get to without taking things apart but will keep an eye on it.

#828 4 years ago

How do you adjust the optos? The left ramp opto is sometimes registering a ball when no ball has gone up the ramp. I had it start telekenisis when I drained for instance. I've never had to adjust an opto before.

#830 4 years ago

Ok thanks I'll take a look. There are cutouts so not shooting thru the ramp.

#837 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Okay good. I suspect one is askew. Make sure they are lined up and attached to the ramp nice and tight. Then put the game in switch test mode and shake and try to vibrate the game to see if you ever get the opto to register.

Ran the switch test and cleaned the area. Not a lot of play to adjust them. What I did find was some bits from where the drill went thru that was still attached to the ramp. I was able to get a needle nose pliers in there and pull the excess out. Played a few games and wasn't able to recreate the issue so I guess that little bit was enough to cause it to go off from time to time. I checked all the other holes and they were clean so it was only this one.

#852 4 years ago

Out of my temp setup location and joined the lineup in the basement

If there is any machine that could benefit from the hd glass it's this one for certain.

IMG_20200126_111636726 (resized).jpgIMG_20200126_111636726 (resized).jpg
#877 4 years ago
Quoted from Kharris:

What is the angle of your play field? Mine is at 6 and the bubble is still not in the middle, in fact to get the bubble in the middle I would have to bring the from up. I think the level on my machine is bad. I’m probably just gonna set it to 6.5 and not worry about the level bubble.

mine is the same. with all levellers completely closed the bubble tip is on the other side of the top line. To get level I have to increase the front levellers.

#918 4 years ago

and you get a free node board and motor. stick in the spares box for sure. Glad to hear you found the issue. Painful for sure

#940 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah I should have said that at our bar no one can make the Demogorgon so might need to factor in the makability of the Demo in our scores we share. Haha
ERW - 300 million at AL bar in Cincinnati
Demo degree of difficulty- fucking impossible

My best so far after a week. Demo shot on mine is makeable but not consistent and not at all what I go for in points. I play the modes and try to get the 2x playfield multiplier going. I'll only go for the demo if I need to get it out of the way right now. My son loves to go for the demogorgon and has more success than I but that strategy so far does not equal.many points. I think his top score is around 90 mil.

I would love to see stern issue a statement on what the expected success rate on that shot should be and recommended troubleshooting tips if not making it. The silence on the common issues is unnerving as an owner.

IMG_20200126_225617071 (resized).jpgIMG_20200126_225617071 (resized).jpg

#954 4 years ago

no issues making the right orbit here.

#963 4 years ago

Just had my best game ever. Hit the first demogorgan on the second or third try. Then played the second one and managed to hit it twice one time being off the right flipper. First time I've ever done that on this machine. Big change was to use the digital inclinometer to adjust the pitch to 6.5 exactly at the drop targets. Interestingly it reads 6.31 at the flippers and these measurements are repeatable. Not sure if that means there is a sag in my playfield or what. I've never had something that could so accurately tell the incline. Going to look at what my munsters is set at next. I believe it's very close to 7 but we'll see. Flippers are currently set at 225. Plays so much better now that it's not floaty.

IMG_20200129_121540683 (resized).jpgIMG_20200129_121540683 (resized).jpgIMG_20200129_113426403 (resized).jpgIMG_20200129_113426403 (resized).jpgIMG_20200129_113443491 (resized).jpgIMG_20200129_113443491 (resized).jpg
#985 4 years ago

I believe you can stack 1 mode, telekinesis multiball, demodogs, and the first and third demogorgan if it's down before anything else starts. Makes for quite hectic play and a lot to do lol. I've definitely completed modes using multiball and for some it's a huge help because the modes are so short.

#991 4 years ago

My opto issue on the left ramp is back. Locking balls without any going near it. Had not happened since I last mentioned it and removed the bit hanging around it. Might have to call stern on this one.

Also, anyone else sometimes getting the mystery shot registering the completion of the drop targets? Happens from time to time. Seems like another potential opto issue.

#993 4 years ago

Maybe it is a software bug then. I have reached out to stern to see what they say. Will respond back when I hear something

#995 4 years ago

I've tried shaking the game and that did not cause them to register. The optos are very securely mounted to the ramp and I was unable to get them to move. I've also put it in switch test mode and have not been able to get them to misbehave there either. I'll pull up the playfield tonight and reseat the connectors and see if that resolves it.

#1013 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Was able to fish it out of there. Looks like it got sheared on the right side as shown on pic. Don’t know where the other piece is though.[quoted image]

Yeah that looks exactly like mine. Had it lock up after only 50 games or so. The straight end is not long enough. I widened it a bit so there was more wire slack and then put it back using a wood skewer and my finger. Was not easy but didn't take too long.

#1017 4 years ago
Quoted from mpnox:

So I played some games on my Stranger Things Pro and I had a really hard time to make post pass move. I thought it had something to do with the leaf switch but it looked fine on both sides.
I then tested some more and realized that if I was fast enough I could release the flipper button all the way out and back in without the flipper moving at all. It felt as it had some lag. I have had some newer Sterns before with the latest Spike system and they did not work like this.
So is this a problem on my ST only or do you also have this?

I don't have any lag with mine at all. I've seen issues like this when the flipper end stop is broken. Lift the playfield and take a look. I bought end stops for both of my stern pins for when they go.

https://www.pinballlife.com/flipper-coil-stop-for-sternsega.html

#1040 4 years ago

An update on my weird opto issue. I have been in contact with Pablo at Stern and we are troubleshooting. I have reseated the connections for the problematic optos but with the issue being so intermittent it is hard to diagnose the cause. He said the two instances they have seen where the optos failed they were constantly registering closed/open so it was very noticeable.

I played a bunch last night as well as this morning and I only saw one oddity in probably 20 games. I had ball lock ready and started Morse code in the pops. I shot the right ramp then the left triggering the ball lock. Morse code then completed spelling out the words while the ball was still waiting with the up post. I can't say for sure if that is related or not but it was the one oddity I saw. That one feels like it could have been a code issue.

I'm trying to get the issue on video for them. That is my next goal in troubleshooting this.

#1062 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Pardon my terminology. First things first get your head down low and look under the demogorgon, there is a tiny chrome post that limits the forward motion of the toy. In my case there was a small gap, so if i pushed the back of the demogorgons head it would come forward, ever so slightly. Releasing it, would result in it "springing" back. Now look at the back of the demogorgon, there is a wire connected to it, that routes down through the bottom of the playfield. I personally didnt go under the playfield, but just gently pulled this wire up so that it gives some slack. The demogorgon should then rest freely on the post, rather than leaving slack.
Hope this helps.

I've been looking at mine and i can't get this fix to work. The demogorgon still settles in the middle between the front and rear posts. It feels to me like it really needs a spring at the back to push it forward into the front post cause if I have the glass off and manually place the monster on the front post I make the shot 100% of the time if my aim is good. Then I get the glass on and start playing and nope have trouble hitting it. For me adjusting the cord did nothing. Mine is not pulling at all. I might look into a spring to push it forward. Wouldn't have to be too strong.

#1082 4 years ago
Quoted from Kharris:

I think my game is possessed! I get it dialed in and can make the demigorgon shot with both flippers, then the next day back to square one, and can’t hit it with either flipper.

Agreed, I get things dialed in with the glass off and hit the thing no issue for a few hours. Come back next day and can't hit it at all. Looks like the same shot just fumbling about where it was making it the night before. Go back to messing with it and repeat. I really think it's how the thing settles back in after getting hit. A spring to push it back against the front post might help. I bet the Le with the moving mech just puts it back in the same spot making it more consistent

#1083 4 years ago
Quoted from Kharris:

I had to unplug the three connectors and re-route the wire because it wa wrapped around another wire bundle that was causing it to pull on the demigorgon. It was also chafing the wire. The pic is before I re-routed.[quoted image]

Mine is wrapped around the bundle as well just has lots of slack. Can't hurt making that change to mine and will see if it helps

#1099 4 years ago

I was able to film the issue I have been having with the left ramp optos. I just sent this to Pablo at Stern. Probably won't hear anything until Monday but glad I was able to film the strangeness. A few strange things happened in this game

At 2:40 into the game the ball locks in the left ramp with no ball going up the ramp

At 3:53 (not entirely related) the ball jumps the mystery target over the wall and into the left orbit. Not sure if that is intentional but it's been happening a lot to me

At 4:50 I get the upside down while in a mode and the drop targets don't raise so I don't have any thing to shoot at for it

The 2:40 second issue is the one I am most concerned about. Once it occurred I saw it three times and I'm glad I was able to get it on video.

I was filming all day and it wasn't until I was about to go to bed that this issue started happening. Wasn't even filming when the first time hit but once I start to see it odd stuff starts happening for sure. Will be interesting to hear what Stern thinks

#1101 4 years ago

One interesting thing I noticed after watching the video back is that the up post didn't fire at 2:40. That would seem to indicate it wasn't the ramp entry but ramp exit opto having an issue maybe? I have seen the up post fire in the past but tonight it didn't.

Hopefully it helps. the last issue definitely feels like a software bug to me. I had get me out, demodogs, and then while those were running upside down start. First time I think I've had it start while in modes like that.

#1109 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

At 3:53, when the bAll jumps the mystery target, that happens to me OFTEN. I’ve nailed it down to the plastic that is next to the target , the corner of that plastic is not fastened down in any way. And it should be. That’s where the ball is getting out. I feel like if that corner of plastic was screwed down into a post, there wouldn’t be this issue. Also; I feel like eventually, that plastic piece will most likely break off.

Interesting, I'll.take a look at mine as well. There are a few places around the orbit on the left where I was surprised by plastics not secured completely. Definitely by design but not as nice finish as my Munsters.

#1186 4 years ago
Quoted from Borntolose:

I’ve been having the same 2 problems.. you hear anything back from Stern???

I have not heard back yet. I also updated them that I was able to recreate the mystery shot qualifying the demogorgon drop target completion/start mode. I am still waiting to hear back. Sounds like this could all be a code issue tho so keeping my fingers crossed it's a bug and not a hardware issue.

#1187 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I haven’t had this yet, but purely physical. If you inspect the target it’s got nothing above it. The ball must have too spin on it when you hit it sometimes and is jumping over the wall after making impact. Is your game steep or closer to 6.5 degrees?

My game is now 6.5 at the flippers and 6.6 at the drop targets. Some kind of spin is causing the wall jump. Happens quite often for me and I have my flippers dialed back to 220 I believe. Could only imagine how much it would happen at default flipper power. There are a lot of poorly secured plastics on this machine. That plastic is one of them and I agree with another poster earlier that it will be prone to breaking if the jumping is as common as it is on mine.

#1204 4 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

I have not heard back yet. I also updated them that I was able to recreate the mystery shot qualifying the demogorgon drop target completion/start mode. I am still waiting to hear back. Sounds like this could all be a code issue tho so keeping my fingers crossed it's a bug and not a hardware issue.

Stern is still looking into the issue. They think it's the opto but said they would get back to me after they look into it more.

#1210 4 years ago
Quoted from mpnox:

So I have had some problems with hitting the demo just like many others. I did not have the problem at first, but after a while it became more and more difficult and I tried different flipper settings and leveling the game and so on but I could not get any consistent results.
Today I put some mylar under the inner right orbit, where the ball drops when missing the demo, just right of the figure. So I was looking at the figure and thought if I could adjust it some how. I tried to move it around a bit to see how it was assembled and thought if it was tilted a bit more forward then maybe that made it a easier shot.
So then I tried a game with the glass off and triggered the demo, with one hand I held it forward and with the other I flipped the ball and it was really easy to hit. Tried that a few more times and it works, very easy to get the shot that way. Not tilted a lot but just enough to make it.
I'll try to take it apart and some how shim it so it tilts just a few millimeters forward, I think it could make the shot a lot easier.

This is my thought as well. I think the mech really needs a spring to forcefully push the demo forward. I have not had a chance to take it apart yet to see the best way to do that but I am planning to give it a try. Until they fix the issue in code or I find a mechanical way to fix it I have given up shooting for it completely. Kinda sucks that I'm ignoring the main toy in the game but that's where we are at. Not a huge deal cause I believe the main wizard mode isn't even coded yet.

LE's probably don't have this issue because the mech is controlled

#1230 4 years ago

For those that might care this appears to be the projector used in the premium and le machines. Should be pretty simple to replace if it goes since it's off the shelf

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.aliexpress.com/item/32855408818.html

Wonder if the wireless projection a still turned on lol

https://fccid.io/2AF6A-S6000/User-Manual/User-manual-2974225

#1231 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Busy week for me. First STHLE and Thursday I get MMr SE[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice collection

#1255 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No point in replacing the auto launch assembly with another one in your house as you cannot launch balls with the button yet.
Hopefully stern send you our new parts ASAP.

That is strange that it doesn't launch the ball on the LE. On my pro the button by default launches the ball

#1268 4 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

Spent an hour and I just cannot get the demogorgon dialed in. Messed with the pitch. Messed with the cord. Started to take it apart but got a little nervous.

Yeah, I've given up. Just playing the modes these days. Hope the update makes it worth shooting.

#1276 4 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

Here is how to adjust your demo:
Change out the circled spacers to vary the resting height of the demo. (#20)
Add washers btw the bracket and the demo toy to tilt the demo forward, back, side to side, etc as needed to tilt the resting tilt/position of the demo, as necessary.
U can use the elastic band method to figure out where it needs to be, or use a slow motion camera to see where it is hanging up.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Where would I find varying sized spacers to do this change with? Mine definitally needs to come forward as no matter what power I make the flippers it is hitting the bottom lip of the demo

#1288 4 years ago

Still working with Stern on the opto issue. I've sent a few more videos trying to troubleshoot. I'll be running some more tests tonight. Short of it is we have not been able to replicate in switch test mode trying to manually force the thing to go off.

I also asked about the demogorgon shot difficulty and sent a video of what I am seeing with mine. You can see how mine will not always come back to the neutral position in the video.

Waiting to hear what he says about that. First item he wanted to look at was the ramp and how it's settling.

#1290 4 years ago

Looks like it's about 35mm wide and about 43mm high on mine

IMG_20200206_163329653 (resized).jpgIMG_20200206_163329653 (resized).jpgIMG_20200206_163347029 (resized).jpgIMG_20200206_163347029 (resized).jpg
#1310 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Is thicker better? It’s definitely thicker than the pro. I’ve never owned a game that didn’t dimple, so if you’re looking for no dimples you’ll be disappointed. However on the pro the key lines of the inserts are very visible and you can feel them easily. Not the case on the LE.

Dimples in the clear don't bother me. What I am worried about are the dimples in the ramp entrance metal. Wow that looks bad and I've only got a few dings in mine. Metal dings look so much worse.

#1319 4 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

My new machine has dimples already. It doesn't bother me at all. All of my Stern machines have them. However; I will say that this machine has dimpled earlier than my other machines. But you have to expect it with a ramp and a ball flying around. The metal entrance ramp seems easy enough to replace if it gets too bad. Mine doesn't have any marks on it to date.

Replacement doesn't look so easy. Having to drill out the rivets and replace them with the right type. Not to mention IF the replacement metal is available on it's own. Play a few hundred games and you'll see plenty of dings in the metal and in the main ramp. It doesn't look nice at all and my machine is only two weeks old

#1326 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Is this happening? Or are you speaking theoretically?
Cant wait to try out the new sub woofer tonight. Been sick as a dog this week unable to play.

The one at the brewery near us has a good number of dings in the demo ramp as well. There are also pictures posted in the other thread where the ramp itself got pretty badly bent somehow.

#1327 4 years ago

I was playing this morning and the mystery shot started the demogorgon. It's very rare but does happen from time to time. I took the glass off and spent about 10 minutes messing around trying to recreate it and I was able to do so.

Looks like the issue is that one way gate under the demogorgon. Same one that comes loose. It seems that if the shot goes in just right it can lift up the demogorgon one way gate and go up far enough into the demogorgon to trigger the switch or opto so I don't think this is an electronic issue but possibly a mechanical one. That one way gate has been problematic for me since I got the machine.

IMG_20200207_095027893 (resized).jpgIMG_20200207_095027893 (resized).jpg
#1328 4 years ago

I'm going to be taking apart my demogorgon today to try and figure out what is binding it up and get that resolved. Probably add in a few washers as well to lean it forward some. I sent some pictures and video of my ramp to Stern and apparently my ramp was made incorrectly with the wrong pitch. If you have a gap like mine maybe contact stern and have them take a look as well. They are sending me out a new ramp.

IMG_20200206_161346717 (resized).jpgIMG_20200206_161346717 (resized).jpg
#1340 4 years ago
Quoted from mpnox:

Just to report back on the rubber band test, it works great. Not a permanent solution of course but I can now hit it very consistently. My daughter (11 yrs old) came to me with a very happy face and said she hit the demo for the first time on the first try. She is a really big Stranger Things fan
Attaching a picture of how I fastened the band. A very light forward push makes the trick.
Now looking for a permanent solution.[quoted image][quoted image]

You and me both. I took the demo out of my machine today. Not an easy task. You have to remove that one plastic that you have the band attached to and then loosen the entire left ramp in order to get to the one set screw. Once you have that out you can lift the playfield and take the two lock nuts off and remove the mech.

Once removed there was no grinding or sticking on the mech itself like I showed in the video. It was very free moving. I'm still not sure what was causing that issue. I think it might have been a plastic rubbing up against maybe? Anyway I put everything back together and made sure to keep the plastics as far away as possible and the mech is still free moving now that it is back together.

The demo shot is now impossible though. I've made it once in probably 100 tries. It's hitting low still and the mech is now returning consistently to the neutral position. I'm going to wait until the new ramp is here to try and dial this in anymore.

Can anyone else verify that the demogorgon is rotated just slightly to the right? There is a good amount of play and it is hard to get it back straight. I've got it about as straight as I can but still a bit rotated to the right. I did find that the mount was slightly bent. No idea how that happened but I attempted to straighten before putting it back in. I might ask Stern if I can get a new one of those brackets.

IMG_20200207_134657242 (resized).jpgIMG_20200207_134657242 (resized).jpgIMG_20200207_113930323 (resized).jpgIMG_20200207_113930323 (resized).jpgIMG_20200207_114123367 (resized).jpgIMG_20200207_114123367 (resized).jpgIMG_20200207_114134528 (resized).jpgIMG_20200207_114134528 (resized).jpg
#1342 4 years ago

Thanks, I stupidly didn't take a picture of it before the disassembly and have not found a good one online to compare to

#1344 4 years ago

interesting, looks like yours is turned the other way. There is absolutely no way I could ever get mine to turn like that by the mount. I wonder if there is another adjustment that can be made. I've sent my pic to Stern and hope they can give some insight on how the demogorgon should be sitting. Turned either way would seem to favor one flipper over the other. Straight on seems like it would be the most logical but neither of ours are like that.

#1356 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’m sure they will put code in to fix. I’m not worried about it. This just makes it more fun for the time being.

I really don't want code to fix it because the whole point of that toy is that shot. It's clear from the early code and how many times you have to hit it to get to the wizard mode that it is not meant to be this tough of a shot. I'm hoping that the issue on mine is the incorrectly pitched ramp. I'm told the replacement should be on it's way to me soon. Hopefully fixing the sticking demogorgon today and the new ramp I'll be able to easily dial it in. Just have to wait...

#1393 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

FYI the guy who created that table just dropped a Harry Potter last night. Guy is incredibly talented.

Already on my vpin we've been playing the beta for months and the final is excellent so far

#1400 4 years ago

I've had target garphics on my pro fly off as well. Very strange

#1405 4 years ago
Quoted from Borntolose:

[quoted image][quoted image]

They must not be cleaning the plastic before attaching the stickers. On mine the ones that flew off were rediculously hard to peel off the playfield so it's not a sticker problem. Never had an issue like this with my other stern machine.

#1407 4 years ago

Hit what I think is a bug today. Since the demo is nearly impossible right now if it gets started it stays indefinitely I was continuing to go for modes. Left ramp started monster Hunter which requires hitting the drop targets. Can't hit them because the demo is down and can't hit the demo to remove so screwed for that mode...

#1458 4 years ago

I'm continuing to work with Stern on this opto issue. I have figured out how to recreate it and have sent a video on to Stern. Here's an abbreviated version of that video

I think what I am seeing accounts for all the odd crap that has happened on that left ramp and I believe it's all software related issues. The commonality in the other videos I sent them was that the ball did not make it completely up the ramp. So in testing I found:

The ramp entry advances mode and ball lock regardless of ramp exit state
The ramp exit advances mode and ball lock regardless of ramp entry state

Some oddities exist when within a mode. In mirkwood mode for instance, if ball lock is not qualified then only the ramp exit opto will award a completion of the ramp. The ramp entry opto only applies points. If the ball lock is qualified though the ramp entry and exits will both trigger ramp completion and ball lock.

Seems only if the optos are triggered within some short time of each other do they not double advance. This would explain the double advance I see from time to time when the ball is moving slow as well.

Could someone else run the same test and see if they are seeing the same thing? I was told this is being sent off to engineering for them to look at.

#1460 4 years ago

It's hard to say if I have seen the same. I've been debugging this issue for almost two weeks now and I was only going by my videos that caught it. I feel like I've seen that as well but this particular issue I found really looks like a code issue. Could be more with how these optos work. There are a lot of them on this machine.

Looks like I won't have the parts for at least a week. Apparently the ramps and stuff are on backorder.

#1469 4 years ago
Quoted from dri:

Bumpers need adjusting too, no action what so ever, I kid you not I had a stuck ball resting on the bumper skirt.

I've had the same. One of mine is actually sticking a little bit. I need to do some work on it to make it more sensitive and not be sticking

#1505 4 years ago

UGH, went to power on my machine when I got home and it wouldn't come on. I flicked the power button on and I would hear 4 or 5 clicks and then nothing. Opened the coin door and got the keys for the backglass and when I turned it on once it was opened up it powered right on of course. I've never seen that with my other machine. Anyone know what those clicks might be? Hopefully it was just a glitch and not the sign of something dying

#1528 4 years ago
Quoted from dri:

FWIW, my GOTG did this. I just reseated all the connectors on the MPU and it came back on.

Thanks I'll go ahead and do that as a precaution

#1597 4 years ago

I think it's a cool feature. Yeah it would be nice if it was already on the machines but at least it's more than just a stick on strip of lights. If it's integrated well with the game it's worth it to me as I've thought the upside down was really under represented so far. I'll be purchasing for sure.

#1604 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

So I bought an inclinometer off of amazon and got my machine to 6.1° pitch and the bubble level is just about in the center. Just a little off. I played my machine to see how the new pitch would affect gameplay. WOW!!! It’s much harder now. I mean it plays super fast !!! I’m not used to that. I’ve had my game for a month now and I just finally got the pitch somewhat close and I can’t believe it plays like a totally different game now !!

What was it at before? Mines currently at 6.5 at the flippers and it's quite tough. Thinking about backing it down to 6.3 which is where I had it for a long while. I just wish it didn't hit the left sling every single time coming out of the mystery shot. Would probably have to be close to 7 degrees to have that not hit.

#1607 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I don’t think it’s a pitch issue. Mines been at 6.0,6.5, and not 7.0. Never hit the sling once.
Try adjusting the ball guide over there to tray and send the ball more towards the middle of the playfield.

hmm, ok I'll take a look at that as well. I can sometimes nudge the machine and get it to miss but it's not cleanly coming out of the mystery and riding along the guide. Makes two bounces along the guide then lands on the left sling. Maybe I need to have a little left lean in it as well

#1615 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Closely watch what the post is doing when it releases the ball too. That might tell you something as well.

I was just watching the twitch stream from yesterday and mine is doing exactly what that machine was doing. maybe 8 out of 10 times it hits the sling.

#1624 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Mine does it zero out of 10 times. Just needs some tweaking.

I adjusted the incline back to 6.3 degrees at the flippers and now it's not hitting the slings at all. Looks like it's having enough time to settle and be directed away. Still can't hit the demo in the mouth but glad I can at least kill it now.

I think the bonus and scoring has been adjusted some as well. My scores were generally in the 150-200 mil range before the update at 6.5 degrees. Now it's more like in the 90-130 mil range at 6.3.

#1627 4 years ago

The machine needs tweaking. It's a common issue easily resolved.

#1645 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

This doesn’t seem right ?[quoted image]

Just had this apart myself. here ya go

IMG_20200207_113920112 (resized).jpgIMG_20200207_113920112 (resized).jpg
#1729 4 years ago

Just had my first 300mil+ game on the new code. Only real thing I noticed was the power bar and some new animations. Has the second demo dog mode always been 2 shots and done? Seemed really easy considering there are only 4 of those modes. Being able to really play the main demo modes now was also a lot of fun. I don't have to avoid those now which is good. Only finished the second one in that game. It feels so much more complete now that I can play a big portion of it

My replacement demogorgon base arrived yesterday but the new ramp has not yet. Hopefully get that next week and it makes that demo shot even more makeable.

#1730 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

My distributor is handling the replacement. But I was told they’re on back order ATM. hmm. I wonder why?

You can fix the one you have in the mean time. I believe some people are recrimping and others are using 2 part epoxy to hold it in. Mine was not part of the first 100 machines which apparently had this issue. I have around 500 plays on mine and it's not showing any signs of coming loose. Watch now that I said that it will fly out lol

#1732 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yes. They need to do more with the second demo dog mode for sure. And there are only three of the demo dog modes.

oh right, thought there were more for some reason. After banging on targets for a good while two shots was pretty underwhelming. Was surprised it was over. Did not see what is in the third one

#1754 4 years ago

Definitely seeing more machine resets with the latest software. At least it's kind about it and says "Restarting Game" when it happens. I've also had the ball get stuck under the ramp on the second demogorgon start. That never happened on the previous software. Manually restart the game quickly when that occurs. Seems like the ball from the shooter lane should wait until the ramp triggers down before shooting.

#1755 4 years ago

Also I didn't notice it until my son pointed it out but my demogoron looks to not be set on the metal frame correctly. Could be contributing to the shot difficulty. You can see how much metal is visible in the hole on the right side in the pic. Might be why mine looks to be turned to the right a bit. Going to send that pic to stern on Monday and see what they say.

I just got the demogorgon base so will be taking things apart soon anyway so can take a look at this issue as well. Hoping the ramp replacement ships this week too
IMG_20200207_134641942 (resized).jpgIMG_20200207_134641942 (resized).jpg

#1760 4 years ago

Yup lots of dimples on the metal bits. To be expected I guess with how violent the machine is with airballs. The number of glass hits is also impressive. I might need to dial my slings back some as well cause even those are causing airballs down on the lower part of the playfield.

#1761 4 years ago
Quoted from Kharris:

I posted on here about a week ago about this. Mine is like that too! I probably should have posted a pic as I probably didn’t describe it well enough for others to understand what I was talking about. Keep me updated through your progress on this please!

Thought I remembered seeing someone post about this but couldn't find it. Will report back what I find out. Seems my mech was really poorly put together to begin with so may just need to be stripped down and rebuilt.

#1804 4 years ago

Wonder if anyone else is seeing this issue. I'm not sure if this is due to the new software or not. On friday was the first time this happened and then it happened today as well.

I went to turn on the machine and when I flicked the power button all I heard was four or five clicks of the power supply in the backbox near the switch and then nothing. No lights in the back box and no more sounds. Tried four or five more times with the same issue. On Friday I opened up the coin door to get to the back box and when I got it all opened up to see if there were any error lights flashing on the boards the machine booted up normally when I turned the switch on. In diagnostics no technician alerts or anything. Today when it happened I just opened and closed the coin door and then the machine booted up fine. I've sent the info to Stern but wondering if anyone else has seen this.

I have not heard back from Stern yet on the demogorgon metal in the mouth issue I attached a picture of. I did take the glass off today and you cannot move the demogorgon on the bracket so it did not slip at all. It's on there firmly just looks out of alignment. I noticed I have an even better picture of it from when I had the demo out of the machine.

I'm a really technical guy and I love tinkering as much as the next person but I am getting really frustrated with this machine.

IMG_20200207_113930323 (resized).jpgIMG_20200207_113930323 (resized).jpg

#1818 4 years ago

At this point in time i'm waiting to buy the UV kit until my machine is working properly. Not dropping another dime until I'm no longer immediately frustrated just looking at the machine. It's just been one thing after another. Some have been software issues but the demogorgon is just fubar on my machine. Stern did not reply to my email on the demo today so I asked again. The power issue is in engineering apparently. The replacement ramp with the proper angles is still backordered as well...

#1826 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Looked at my demo and it looks just like this. What issue are you having?

It's just constant issues. I have posted numerous videos and pictures in this thread. First they find that my ramp was built wrong so they order a replacement but it's back ordered still. Then I show in my video to them, and here, that my demogorgon is sticking and not moving freely. I took the whole thing apart and re assembled and the sticking issue is now gone but the shot is still impossible. I might have fixed it when I straightened the demogorgon base which appears to have been bent when I got it. I have a new one that they just sent me I'll install when the ramp arrives cause no one is paying for my time to do all these repairs. Now I'm not so sure about the demogorgon sitting on the metal bracket. Looking at Stern's own marketing pictures what I have does not look right at all. I just want confirmation from stern that what I am looking at is ok or not with that. To me it looks like about 5mm of an already tight shot removed from the edges on the side the left flipper is favoring..

Now let's add in the number of hours I worked with them troubleshooting the left ramp lock issue which was fixed in this latest patch and turned out to be software (thankfully) but now my stupid machine won't turn on 2 out of 4 days I've gone to turn it on.

I can go on but it's all documented here and in a 40+ long email chain with stern. Frustrated to no end

#1827 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Hey, @c0untdem0net , sorry about your problem. Have you checked all your connections, both in your backbox and inside the cabinet on the node boards? Something may have shaken loose in transit. Also, if this was happening to me, I'd check the interlock switch on the coin door. Make sure nothing is loose, pinched, shorted out, etc. Strange that it seems to work when the coin door is open.

Thanks I appreciate the suggestions. I've checked the connections on all of the main boards and reseated them. I don't see anything that looks off. I'm hoping that the 4-5 clicks gives stern some indication of what is causing the issue. When the machine boots up correclty you only hear one click of the power supply so it's clearly trying to start up and giving up. No idea why the coin door opening is fixing it. Could be a coincidence but it has been the common denominator two times it's happened and resolved itself. Last I heard engineering is looking into it. Next time it happens I will get it on video for them.

I really don't think I had it happen until the new software was on the machine so hoping it's software related.

#1832 4 years ago

Stern is still looking into the issue with the power on and resets but they did get some info back on the demogorgon metal in the mouth. Engineering said that on SOME games the bracket will be a bit more visible then on others but that this should not affect the shot. It was also asked if there was a way to adjust the Demogorgon and make it so that the bracket is not visible and they stated that due to the way the toy was drilled there is really no way to make any adjustments.

So looks like I continue to wait on the replacement ramp and hopefully that resolves my demogorgon issues.

#1834 4 years ago

I have talked with him and he's aware of what's going on. Said he would help in any way he can but at this point dealing directly with stern is the best route. Pablo has been very responsive so no need to pressure them more yet.

#1853 4 years ago

Kinda funny, I was looking back at old threads on this title and 2 years ago ZMeny posted his wish list for the pin. Funny that half were implemented including the uv lighting.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/we-need-a-stranger-things-pin

- I'm thinking backglass original art, Eleven with sinister look on her face and characters surrounding.
- Full widescreen with movie clips
- UV Pin Stadium lighting that goes off when entering the Upside Down and the whole playfield has reactive paint that transforms the playfieldninto the dark world with flickering lights
- wizard mode battling the demogorgon

#1868 4 years ago

The Le in the stream from the uv reveal was having some really bad flickering of the lower gi lights as well. Thought it was strange they would do a reveal with an issue like that.

I would also inspect the sockets to make sure they are not shorting in any way. Had a flickering light on a different pin and it turned out it was shorted and ended up blowing fuses.

#1921 4 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

chuckwurt explained it better. I guess I'll need to adjust mine as it hits the last two targets and never goes into the burn it back loop.
Thanks!

Mine hits the last two targets and the post if they are down as well. The other pro I've played does the same. Not sure what adjustment could be done to make it go into the burn back loop. Would love to know

#1947 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I don’t think it’s in the game yet.
Also I remember now. I changed burn it back EB to 10 loops. Stock is auto. I don’t like auto adjusting EB awards. Probably why yours is all the way up to 20 now.

Ha mine is set to auto and says something like 48 loops for an eb

#1948 4 years ago

I noticed in the latest code drop Barb mode also changed. Used to be hit the flashing shots to end the mode. Now it seemed like you have to clear the flashing shots then shoot center to find Barb. Non flashing shots increased jackpot.

#1954 4 years ago

Don't drain on Morse code cuz I've had it reset on me twice tonight in that mode on the latest code.

My machine is functional but the demogorgon's basically untouchable as far as making the shot. According to tracking the new ramp for my machine will be here tomorrow and then I have a big tear down and rebuild to do. I have not heard anything back on the boot up issue but it has not happened again since Monday. Hoping I was hitting some sort of random software issue

#1959 4 years ago

I'm not seeing any change in my flipper power. I did however have a ball somehow land right in the sweet spot on the demogorgon. Still didn't go in lol. Nudging made it fall forward. Closest I've come to sinking it in a while.

The replacement ramp arrived today but it didn't come as a kit so no decals, instructions, or anything. Waiting to hear back from Stern. The difference between the new one and the one on my machine isn't dramatic. It will be interesting to see if such a small difference really does make the difference in making that shot.

IMG_20200221_104236415 (resized).jpgIMG_20200221_104236415 (resized).jpgIMG_20200206_161346717 (resized).jpgIMG_20200206_161346717 (resized).jpgIMG_20200221_094254252 (resized).jpgIMG_20200221_094254252 (resized).jpg

#1961 4 years ago

Stern got back to me that it was supposed to come as a kit with the graphic, ramp, hardware, and instructions. He is trying to figure out what happened right now so hopefully hear back by end of day.

My distributor got a notification from Stern that the ramp kit is now available to resolve the shot difficulty issue so it looks like there was a general blast to distributors to try and get the word out.

#1965 4 years ago
Quoted from Kharris:

Here is my new ramp. Looks like hot garbage! Even when the decal gets put on that black mark will be visible. Now I wait for yet another ramp. [quoted image]

Yeah mine has some black marks as well but not nearly that bad. Looks like ink of some type. Could probably be wet sanded off but not touching it until I hear back. Probably be Monday at this point. Lol

#1973 4 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

0.85 code or earlier?

After the update to 0.85 I saw the resets both on Morse code but I have not seen it since. Both resets were in the first hour or two after update. Since then it seems way more stable than 0.84.

#2114 4 years ago

Anyone heard anything on the replacement ramp kits? Pablo asked for pictures of the ink on mine but have not heard back since and no shipping notification of the kit

#2116 4 years ago

Got a response from Stern. He is hoping to get a decision from management tomorrow on what they will do about the ramp kits and those of us with ink on the replacement ramps we have.

#2144 4 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

My left flipper started to stick after the last code update. It's probably just coincidence. Anyone else have a flipper that sticks?

Check your end stops. Sticking flippers and loss of power are a symptom of a broken end stop. Easy to check by lifting the playfield and seeing if the brass bit is loose on the end of the solenoid bracket for the flipper.

#2156 4 years ago

I had a target graphic come flying off mine as well. There was no stickiness issues with the graphic. They must not have cleaned the target well before applying because cleaning it with alcohol and then reapplying the sticker that came off has worked for me. Check it every time the glass comes off and it's not moving.

#2172 4 years ago

That's the actual stern one. I think the one being talked about is their alternative

#2174 4 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

I had the same thing happen with that ball gate. Trying to figure out how to put the damn thing back on.

It's easier to get to if you take the plastic off that is right above it. I think it's 3 screws. Should look like this when on correctly.

IMG_20200207_113920112 (resized).jpgIMG_20200207_113920112 (resized).jpg
#2180 4 years ago

I would love to have an audit that showed how many bashes to the demogorgon vs mouth shots made. I'm sure mine is like 1000-20 lol. I even manged to get it stuck on the mouth once. Unfortunately nudging caused it to come out

Asked Stern what is going on with the ramp kits. Apparently it's been sent back to engineering so no eta on those.

IMG_20200221_104236415 (1) (resized).jpgIMG_20200221_104236415 (1) (resized).jpg
#2183 4 years ago

Out of curiosity I went digging thru the audits. I reset my game to factory when I flashed the .84 since there was a significant change to scoring with the ability to bash the demogorgon. Since then only 6 times has the demogorgon opto been triggered in 172 games on my machine.

I have not tried the rubber band or flipper rubber yet. Will give that a try tonight. Was hoping for a real fix from stern by now and didn't want to mess with bandaids.

IMG_20200227_154146913 (resized).jpgIMG_20200227_154146913 (resized).jpgIMG_20200227_154353059 (resized).jpgIMG_20200227_154353059 (resized).jpg
#2184 4 years ago

Oh and before anyone says "Play Better" I played the pro at the brewery over the weekend and the two games I played I nailed the shot within two tries each time it came up.

#2187 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

I think you've found your answer, beer.

Trust me there is plenty in my basement as well

#2188 4 years ago

so yeah.. the flipper rubber behind the demogorgon is the key. Fits in there and because of how the plastics are arranged it's not going to come free. So far I have hit every shot that I feel should have gone in and the ones that miss still can move around the front and down the burn loop. Going to go play a bunch now and see how it goes. Shame on me for not trying this sooner.
IMG_20200227_222629690 (resized).jpgIMG_20200227_222629690 (resized).jpg

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2194 4 years ago
Quoted from Morhaus:

From those pics I can’t tell where the rubber goes. Can anyone offer some help?

It gets wedged behind the demogorgon by where the wire comes up. I had to move the wire out of the way a bit to get the flipper rubber back there and then used a long screw driver to move it around so one side of the rubber was under the back side of the demogorgon. Honestly I don't see any difference in how the thing functions or looks as it still shakes as you hit it and the ball can pass under the front if you miss. The benefit tho is it pushes the demogorgon forward a bit and does not allow it to settle backwards at all making the shot much more consistent. I hit the shot probably 15 times last night and just went down and played a game and hit it first shot again. I've never seen that sweet sweet 15 mil for a demo hit until this morning So in one night of playing I've hit the thing almost twice as much as I had in the last 180 games.

The way the plastics around the back of the demogorgon are setup there is no way it will work its way out. Almost like it was meant to be there lol
IMG_20200207_134657242 (resized).jpgIMG_20200207_134657242 (resized).jpgIMG_20200227_222651896 (resized).jpgIMG_20200227_222651896 (resized).jpg

#2203 4 years ago

Talk about a different game when you can hit the demogorgon shot lol. I used to only have a chance hitting it if I trapped up and took a very carefully aimed shot from the left flipper after nudging the machine to get the demo centered. Last game I killed the first demo on the second shot on the fly. Second demo set with the multiball I hit it left flipper / right flipper all on the fly and boom it was done. I'm so used to those demo modes being a chore to bash 5 times and then 10 times. Felt really good.

#2209 4 years ago

Well, the flipper rubber is not a 100% fix. Turns out that with the rubber back there it can get stuck if the ball bounces to the right corner and get hung up on the bottom right mouth flap. I've only had that happen once but I did have to pull the glass to fix it. probably a rare occurrence and better than the constant misses.

#2283 4 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Anyone install the replacement ramp from Stern yet on LE or Premium? Not sure if it is any different on the pro. Really i have no idea if there is a difference in it I just know I got one from Stern after corresponding with them that I couldn't hit the Demo shot with any consistency.

The one I got is missing graphics so I have not installed it. Still waiting to hear when the proper kit will be shipped. I have had no update since Friday. I posted pictures of the replacement vs the one I have on the machine. There is a difference but it is not drastic.

#2321 4 years ago

Stern has confirmed that some machines went out with improperly built ramps that have an incorrect pitch causing the shot to be nearly impossible. They are now producing a kit to fix this problem. Mine is one of those machines.

#2358 4 years ago

Every time I get mystery I seem to get that map piece award. How that is still an option and is something that gets awarded 80% of the time is beyond me.

#2360 4 years ago

Anyone else feel like Wheres Barb is buggy? I'm not sure what the rules for that are supposed to be. I thought the flashing shots were what ended the mode but lately shooting any non flashing shot seems to end the mode. I'll come out of it with like 1 million points and that is it. From tilt forums the rules were

Where’s Barb?: All major shots are lit in red, with one random shot flashing. Shooting any solidly lit shots will score 500k and increase the value of the flashing shot by 250k; making the flashing shot will light another flashing shot and qualify the other shots for 500k. Making the flashing shot twice will finish the mode.

and that appears to have been the case 3 revisions ago but something has changed. It's the only mode I don't understand and can't make any points on.

#2417 4 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

I just joined the club. I wasn't planning to for a while at least, but a deal popped up. The game sure is nice looking. I still have to get a feel for everything.
Can I get some input on the left orbit feed? Mine is hitting the left sling when coming out of the center or left inner shots, which often ends in death. It seems fine when going through the right inner loop, but those are screaming back to the left flipper.

I've been getting good at nudging that to miss the flipper. Both machines I've played have this problem. If you watch deadflip streams he nudges as well on that feed. This machine will teach nudging skills for sure.

My machine is setup at 6.6 degrees at the flippers. I'd guess at least 7 degrees for it not to hit it but then the game plays too fast for everyone else in the house. 6.6 is a bit too much for them as it is. Been thinking of taking back down to 6.3

#2464 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

So I’m noticing that my flippers seem to be getting weak. I’ve upped the flipper power in the menu and it doesn’t seem like it has any effect. Is there a tutorial somewhere on how to service the flipper mech somewhere for modern stern machines ??

Definitely check the coil stops to make sure they are not broken. Not too hard to check as the brass bit will be floating in the sleeve. If that is not the problem then I would probably pull the coil sleeve and make sure things are moving freely and clean everything really well.

#2486 4 years ago

Where did you find that truck looks perfect for that spot. Nice find

#2489 4 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Just a hot wheels 1/32 model

ah cool, found it on amazon. thanks

#2536 4 years ago

Just finished the UV Kit install as well. I'll spare everyone pics but it wasn't bad at all. The most time consuming part for me was getting the protective cover off the plastics lol. Shouldn't have trimmed my nails last night I guess.

#2537 4 years ago

Oh yeah! while I had the plastics off I adjusted the ball guide on the left orbit. With the plastics off getting at the two screws are easy to get at. My ball guide was originally nearly touching the 'E' demodog target. With those two playfield mounting screws loosened you can adjust it quite a bit. Now coming out of the mystery it's feeding the flipper quite well. For those of you with the left orbit issue give that adjustment a try before you start bending things.

#2550 4 years ago

Not having the plastics would loose a lot of the punch of the kit. It's really quite something. I can't wait until it's more integrated with the modes. I've only seen it fully on during upside down and it flashes when in demogorgon mode. I was expecting it to be on for Save Will and Where's Barb but it wasn't

#2555 4 years ago

Last I heard the ramps are in manufacturing and they are just waiting to get them in stock. Sent my audits to Stern and got a message back that there is a ton more to come code/callout/rules adjustments/lightshows etc. Game is already packed so it sounds like they have a real vision for this one. Really excited to watch this game mature. Wish they would do the same for Munsters.

#2561 4 years ago

After seeing Robertstone0407's post about Hopper's truck I had to have one. Showed up 2 days ago and finally got a chance to mess with it. The UV Kit took priority. I used the mount from the packaging and a command strip to hold it on. It's going nowhere and if I want to take it off it shouldn't damage the plastic at all. It covers that protruding mount in the right rear with the screw very well. Wonder what that thing is for anyway. Nice $12 feature https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07ZG6WM2T

IMG_20200313_150910335 (resized).jpgIMG_20200313_150910335 (resized).jpgIMG_20200313_150936014 (1) (resized).jpgIMG_20200313_150936014 (1) (resized).jpgIMG_20200313_150927001 (resized).jpgIMG_20200313_150927001 (resized).jpgIMG_20200313_150919919 (resized).jpgIMG_20200313_150919919 (resized).jpg

#2563 4 years ago

Yeah it does look pretty new. I'm sure it's just a matter of time till it gets a few dents from flying balls from the ramp

The left side is looking pretty empty now so I ordered up this dart toy. It may be too big but I'll see how it looks when it gets here. Might move Hopper to the left and stick this on the right if it fits. Says it's 5 inches long. If it doesn't fit my son gets a squeeze toy lol

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D1MZ399
71OJb2D0S6L._AC_SL1500_ (resized).jpg71OJb2D0S6L._AC_SL1500_ (resized).jpg

#2565 4 years ago

those pumpkins would be really small. Hoppers car is closer to 0 scale which is 1:43. Something like this perhaps?

https://www.amazon.com/JTT-Scenery-Products-Gardening-Plants/dp/B009S78JJK

Lighting it would be cool. Have you had any issues with air balls getting stuck behind it? That is my only concern with adding things to the playfield and how often stuff gets back that way with my family playing

#2609 4 years ago

A word of warning. The right ramp uv light wire goes close to the one way gate on the shooter lane. My wire somehow worked its way into the path of that wireform and started cutting into the wire. Two balls got stuck on that one way gate and when I went to inspect saw that the wire was in the way. Must have moved due to the vibrations from the ramp. Lucky it didn't go all the way through and the led still works. Going to watch it to see if it works its way back over there again.

#2616 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah this shouldn’t be an issue at all. Make sure the Wire is tight and runs along the top of the one way gate bracket. I’ve had zero issues in like 100 plays since install.

That's how I had it. Somehow the vibrations moved it into the end of the one way gate wire. Took probably 50 plays before I had a stuck ball on the gate and noticed the issue. Now I have it routed behind the one way gate so shouldn't be any way for it to get up under the ramp again.

#2638 4 years ago

We couldn't make it to league night yesterday so had our own league at the house. I told my wife we really need a fourth machine to make it official Can't believe how low of a score I got at Stranger Things lol. Didn't even get the upside down on that game. Sometimes the outlanes are just out for you.

IMG_20200315_175736023 (resized).jpgIMG_20200315_175736023 (resized).jpgIMG_20200315_180317436 (resized).jpgIMG_20200315_180317436 (resized).jpg
#2648 4 years ago

Speaking of the burn it back and the default setting of auto for extra ball? For a number of days it was like two to four loops for an extra ball. Now it says 45!!! Do you all set it to some specific number? Seems like a bug but my Munsters extra ball settings seems similarly bugged.

#2677 4 years ago

chuckwurt, thanks for your video. I spent last night tweaking my pro as best as I can based off your suggestions. I am unable to get the ball all the way around the burn it back loop but even with that the kick out is much more controllable now. The best I could do coming out of the pops is a more consistent feed to the tip of the right flipper but that is better and more controllable as well. For the left kick out I had already adjusted and it's still hitting the bottom of the left sling but at least its not hitting it directly. Much easier for novices to handle that kick out now. My machine is currently at 6.5 degrees at the flippers which may be why it's feeding slower out of both orbits. I also set my first burn it back extra ball at 10 instead of the default which appears to be 49.

Scores are more consistently better. With those three shots out of wack the average score on my machine was 49 mil. I'm guessing it will go up quite a bit now as my last three games were 120-190-300. Without being able to get the demo shot in the mouth those modes are not worth as much for me so going through the scenes is my best option for higher scores. Hopefully when the new ramp gets here things will get better there. Talked to Stern today about them and they are just waiting on manufacturing of the kits. No ETA though

#2698 4 years ago

Fans are loud. There are after market upgrades.for that but I've learned to ignore it

#2710 4 years ago

I'm in, No scores yet to post. Just getting warmed up and beat the stock GC. Having trouble finding the ramps this evening but it's just a matter of time

IMG_20200320_205742628 (resized).jpgIMG_20200320_205742628 (resized).jpg
#2715 4 years ago

crap I couldn't do it. Best was 310 mil. Just could not get the flow going and the demogorgon was impossible on my machine tonight. Only landed the mouth shot once and it wasn't during one of my high scoring games. Can't wait till I get the new ramp in. I sure hope it fixes that issue for me.

IMG_20200320_233713627 (resized).jpgIMG_20200320_233713627 (resized).jpgIMG_20200321_002722091 (resized).jpgIMG_20200321_002722091 (resized).jpg
#2725 4 years ago

Last night while I was playing I noticed that the burn it back wasn't always registering. No sounds or anything going up there sometimes. Then on the next ball all would be well again. Seems like it was related so certain modes but I don't remember exactly what the modes were. Going to watch it and see if I can figure out what happened.

#2737 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Must put the initials of PS Battle to qualify your score. Post a pic of the score you get.

opps missed that part lol. I just had a 395 mil game but have not seen over 400 since the first code on my machine

#2738 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I think sometimes it just doesn’t show any animation for it. I’ve paid close attention to mine and it always seems to count even if there’s no sound or animation on the main screen.
On the LE, it will always send fire across all the projector screens so you’ll get that even if no other indications go. But you’re right.
Same for demo bashes. They don’t always indicate a hit right away, but they are registering.
Just needs cleaned up in code is my guess.

I'll check, yeah these would have been higher up burn it back counts in the 15-20 range. Just used to hearing the woosh sound and wasn't hearing it much. I've seen the delayed demo bashes as well but those always seem to eventually hit. I'll keep an eye on it you could be right that its still counting. I was a ways away from my next extra ball.

#2771 4 years ago

I found the cranking up the power just causes it to brick the shot when on the stock power setting it goes up but not around. I have not been able to get mine to consistently do the entire loop. Still much better than hitting that post and going all over the place

#2783 4 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

I rewatched the reveal stream and Brain Eddy mentions it’s suppose to hit the targets. The burn it back feed is way cooler but not ideal either since the right drop target has to be down to make the loop.
I just wish the saucer dribbled down to your flippers like transformers

I've been sending Stern my audit data and got a message back from Brian directly. I won't quote him but to sum up he prefers the kick out to hit the last two drops so you can get a freebie if it's in the saucer when upside down starts. He said it should not be adjusted so far as to go up the burn it back but should be adjusted if it's causing immediate drains like mine was when the drops were down. I might re-adjust mine to see if hitting the last two more reliably is better. My son has a few failed burn it back saucers go SDTM on him.

#2883 4 years ago

I reduced my flipper power to 245 and that decreased the air balls hitting the glass a lot. Stock power seems incredibly high to me. I was also having a problem with straight on hits to the drop targets not falling at the stock power. That rarely happens now.

#2931 4 years ago

interesting, that could be exactly what I was seeing. Would explain why draining would bring it back. I had noticed that hitting the saucer was refreshing the timer as well. Kinda like munsters where you can keep hitting the kitty even if it is not lit to keep your playfield x going.

#2952 4 years ago

I don't remember having any issues like that recently. There were a bunch of strange spotting issues in the initial release. I'd make sure you are on the latest software first before doing anything else.

#2968 4 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I'm not a good guinea pig, I won't even attempt it until someone else does and confirms it helps.

The ramp kits have not shipped yet. I got a bare ramp from them but it's missing the graphics and instructions. Think one group was not talking to another on that one. They ended up having to design a kit for the repair and that's taken extra time. Last I heard it was in manufacturing but given the current situation my guess is months out before anyone gets one

After talking to Brian over email about the burn it back I put it back to hitting the last two drops and adjusted it so it 90% of the time comes back to a flipper. Going up the burn it back loop was causing too many easy extra balls for me so I prefer it the way it is. Game is more challenging.

#2982 4 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I did check the box I got from them and it is indeed a full ramp kit. It has the new ramp and then a full sheet of all the white screen decals for the game separate.

Interesting, for the pro's we only got the ramp. Pablo said the final kit should include the ramp with decal, extra hardware, and full instructions for doing the repair.

#2992 4 years ago

a TON of changes and fixes.

PRO V0.87.0 - April 2, 2020
=====================

- Added speech to the Turn up the Heat advance/final shot awards.
- Removed an instance of a green screen during Break Out that was displayed
instead of the mode total.
- Fixed a display effect transition glitch that occurred at the end of Operation
Mirkwood if the mode was completed, i.e. the alphabet wall was visible for a
few frames
- Added logic to reset the Demodog targets after BreakOut is finished running.
- Added Operation Mirkwood mode completed speech to sync with visuals.
- Improved how long the Quarter Hunt "switch values grow" display effect runs.
- Fixed a problem with the blink rate of the 2nd Total Isolation Multiball
start lamp effect lamps.
- Fixed a problem in the 2nd Total Isolation Multiball where the shot
arrows did not show completed progress correctly.
- Now you are able to advance Burn it Back while Double Scoring is active.
- Now Double Scoring time can no longer be extended via a shot to the left eject.
- Now the left eject pauses the ball save timer during the Super Skill Shot
presentation.
- Fixed Where's Barb speech, i.e. Hopper should not be talking.
- Added speech to the Quarter Hunt threshold and Switch Value Grows awards.
- Changed Story Mode background artwork to reduce any load time hitches
- Added an adjustment for the number of "Spotted" Demodog Attack starts that
are allowed via a shot to the left eject. Default = 1.
- Changed the default number of "Spotted" mode starts that are allowed via the
left lane target. Default = 2.
- Now the spinner contributes more to awarded switch closures during Morse Code.
- Added a new display/sound/lamp effect to Quarter Hunt for shooting the
left/right ramp. Each shot to the left/right ramp raises the value of each
switch closure by 25K.
- Added threshold score awards to Quarter Hunt. Now 25 switch hits
score = 1 Million, the next 25 switch hits score 2.5 Million, the next 25
switch hits score 5 Million, and the last 25 switch hits score 10M.
- Removed an instance of a green screen in an Operation Mirkwood display effect.
- Changed the logic that determines which mode start shot is spotted via a shot
to the left lane target.
- Added an adjustment for the number for "spotted" mode starts that are allowed
via a shot to the left lane target.
- Added speech to the Lure Dart progress/completed awards.
- Raised the volume of the Operation Mirkwood start speech.
- Removed a black frame that occurred on the display during Operation Mirkwood
when making alternating ramps shots.
- Added speech to Operation Mirkwood.
- Changed the scoring for Operation Mirkwood. Now scoring increases based upon
making consecutive combo shots. Finishing the mode scores 10M.
- Added lamp logic to Operation Mirkwood to temporarily flash the lit combo
shots faster.
- Added Telekinesis Multiball progress to instant info.
- Added logic to allow the left lane target to spot/advance a mode start shot.
- Added logic to keep the "Bust Out" and "What's That" strobing center lamps
on longer when other modes/multiballs are active
- Fix a problem with the "What's That" strobing lamp sequence where a lamp in
the sequence was not being lit.
- Added logic to allow the left eject to spot/award a lit Demodog target.
- Fixed a bug that caused the ball to sit at the left post for 55 seconds while
the Mystery Spell of Protection display effect ran.
- Fixed a problem with the What's That center arrow lamp. The arrow lamp used
during this mode might obfuscate the same lamp being used during a Multiball,
Story mode or Demodog mode. Now, the lit arrow lamp will illuminate for any
number of modes/multiballs that are running concurrently.
- Fixed a problem with the Bust Out center arrow lamp. The arrow lamp used during
this mode might obfuscate the same lamp being used during a multiball,
Story mode or Demodog mode. Now, the lit arrow lamp will illuminate for any
number of modes/multiballs that are running concurrently.
- Fixed a bug where a shot into the Demogorgon's mouth did not compensate/score
the center lane award for "It's a Trap".
- Fixed a bug during Telekinesis Multiball where the 2X/3X lock timer would
prematurely count down during award presentations.
- Changed the volume of the Operation Mirkwood start sound F/X so it can be
heard during the Operation Mirkwood start speech event.
- Improved how Lure Dart art assets are displayed.
- Changed the volume of the Follow the Compass start sound F/X so it can be
heard during the Follow the Compass start speech event.
- Added speech call outs to the "Follow the Compass" mode.
- Fixed a bug where the wrong Follow the Compass sound F/X and Display F/X were
being activated.
- Added speech call outs of Nancy that are heard during the "Where's Barb"
mode awards.
- Added speech call outs of Jonathan and Nancy that are heard during
"Get Me Out" mode awards.
- Fixed a problem with Junk Yard, It's a Trap, and Demogorgon Ready arrow lamp
resources. The arrow lamps used during these modes might obfuscate the same
arrow lamps being used during a multiball or story mode. Now, a lit lamp
arrow will illuminate for any number of modes/multiballs that are running
concurrently.
- Now the Demodog mode's target/shot lamps strobe faster.
- Added the Left Eject to the list of available shots to award during It's A Trap.
- Improved the graphics in It's a Trap to eliminate display glitches.
- Improved the award text effect in It's a Trap.
- Fixed a bug where a Demogorgon mode/multiball would start prematurely upon
awarding the last shot of Monster Hunting or Get me Out.
- Fixed a problem with the size of the Get Me Out Video Awards that under
certain circumstances could cause the game to crash.
- Fixed a problem where Pop Bumper hits would cause a momentary display hitch
as a Pop Bumper background video starts to run.
- Fixed a problem where the game took a long pause before displaying the
Quarter Hunt mode start graphics.
- Fixed a problem where the score frame boarder and text were not appearing if
the accompanying background video was taking too long to load.
- Added/Reorganized/Renamed game play audits.
- Changed the minimum/max range for the AUTO light extra ball feature awarded
via Burn it Back. When set to AUTO the game periodically adjusts the number
of required burn it back shots needed to light extra ball. The default
setting is 11 shots and the AUTO range is now from 1-25 shots.
- Added Season 1 and Season 2 mode audits for completing a mode.
- Updated to node board firmware v0.58.0

#3013 4 years ago

I am liking the changes to the light shows and call outs. Those are nice. Not so sure about the mystery shot spotting what seems like advancing a random mode mostly on season one but I thought I saw a season two get advanced as well. Also not really liking the scoop spotting a demodog letter. Might grow on me as it's different and initial impression of different is usually bad. Seems easier from first plays. Definitely some bugs though that I didn't see in the previous builds.

Anyone else find themselves avoiding save will and follow the compass? Realized tonight I was subconsciously avoiding them. All of the other modes I go for but when those two are lit I tend to go for the pops.

#3040 4 years ago

Curious of other peoples thoughts about these changes

- Added an adjustment for the number of "Spotted" Demodog Attack starts that
are allowed via a shot to the left eject. Default = 1.
- Changed the default number of "Spotted" mode starts that are allowed via the
left lane target. Default = 2.
- Changed the logic that determines which mode start shot is spotted via a shot
to the left lane target.
- Added an adjustment for the number for "spotted" mode starts that are allowed
via a shot to the left lane target.
- Added logic to allow the left lane target to spot/advance a mode start shot.
- Added logic to allow the left eject to spot/award a lit Demodog target.

I feel like I'm starting modes too fast and kinda liked having to complete the actual shots to get the modes started. Again I could just be not liking it because it's different from how it's been. Now that I know there are limits to how many spots you get that is good. These definitely make the game a bit easier.

#3046 4 years ago

I believe it is the mystery shot, the target at the back. There are a lot of optos and that target in there so not sure exactly which one is considered that trigger.

I need to play a bunch more to see how I like it. I could have sworn that when I had telekinesis ready that the target started not just the mode but also telekinesis last night. Will see if I can get that again as it might not be intended. Also note that continually shooting the kick out won't reset the 2x timer anymore but glad to see you can advance burn it back while it's active now. That must have been what I was seeing a while back.

#3142 4 years ago

I've been noticing more and more the ball getting hung up on the spinner when shooting the left orbit. Only a perfect shot goes smoothly through the spinner. It looks like the angle is off as the spinner is not perpendicular to the rail possibly from the adjustment to have the ball not hit the sling. Anyone else having issues with that? I swear I'm getting more hangups now with the rail adjusted than before.

#3145 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Got a picture of how the spinner is sitting in your machine? Maybe the bottom of the spinner is sitting a little too far forward and is killing the balls momentum.

It looks to me like it's parallel to the left ramp. It's kinda hard to show in pictures. I compared to my munsters which has a spinner nearly at the same spot and it is angled more towards the side wall. Seems like the ball hits it awkwardly on not 100% clean shots and then gets jostled up the loop loosing speed and comes back down. Definitely seem to be getting more of these shots lately. Not sure if it's the adjustment to the rail or all the beer I've been drinking due to home schooling a 9 year old...

IMG_20200408_205928090 (resized).jpgIMG_20200408_205928090 (resized).jpgIMG_20200408_205946143 (resized).jpgIMG_20200408_205946143 (resized).jpgIMG_20200408_210006989_TOP (resized).jpgIMG_20200408_210006989_TOP (resized).jpgIMG_20200408_210018955 (resized).jpgIMG_20200408_210018955 (resized).jpg
#3147 4 years ago

Could be

#3169 4 years ago

Definitely seeing more bugs. Somehow got upside down while I was in the last monster hunting shot and the drops did not come back up to hit. Of course I missed the mouth and couldn't finish the mode in time to bring the drops back up.

#3183 4 years ago

IMHO the UV kit is essential. Love it and couldn't imagine the game without it

#3196 4 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Nice. I’m ordering it.
Last question, is the Pinstadium UV kit just as good? It’s $100 cheaper

I have not seen the pinstadium but I could not imagine it without the plastics. The stern kit is worth the extra I think

#3197 4 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

What does the button on the lockdown bar do?

nothing but launch the ball right now. No idea if it will ever do anything more than that. I think it's just stern standard practice now to have the lock bar button

#3227 4 years ago
Quoted from rlslick:

Need some feedback from the owners here with kids. I have a pair, 5 and 16. How do they like playing the game? Would you recommend Adding this to the lineup or not? I personally like the theme..seems like the code build is improving and owners are enjoying the game. Love to hear some thoughts.
Thanks in advance!

My son is 9 and enjoys playing it. He has also watched the first 4 episodes of season 4 so he knows a good bit of what the show is about. The imagery is a bit much for him especially when Barbs face comes up after the wheres barb mode. That one in particular is disturbing to him as he's not seen that bit in the show yet. I turned on the adult content filter but that was not one of the things they changed and I hope they do look at that in the future. We've determined that for my son it will be a year or two before he watches the rest of the show. It's a bit too intense so could be for your 5 year old as well.

I also have a Munsters (panned a lot here on pinside) but it is my son's favorite machine to play. Knowing how much people hated it here I still bought it as my family loved the theme.

My son loves pinball and has his favorites for sure. He's played in leagues and done very well in one of the local tournaments so take that for what it is. Some of his favorite machines include Addams Family, Road Show, Attach from Mars, Space Station over our F-14 somehow, and Iron Maiden. He's really good at Iron Maiden somehow. I don't fully understand that game lol.

#3237 4 years ago

New graphics that could even utilize the uv kit to have two different graphics in there would be awesome. I was kinda hoping we would see something on the ramp with the uv kit. I like the idea of the light board for that area.

#3242 4 years ago

I wipe my scores regularly and I feel like I'm really hampered by the fact that I can't hit the demo shot reliably. Guess it will be a while now before we see the replacement ramp kits. My high scores have to come through the modes and TK/Isolation multiballs. Early software also had that mega bonus capability so my top on the first software was 439 mil. Then once the demo was damageable my gc was much lower at 310mil. With the latest software my scoring has gone back up and my gc is currently at 414. Still can't hit the demo to save my life but I give it a good go. It's quite dangerous to go for as the ricochets are really unpredictable.
IMG_20200407_232741111 (resized).jpgIMG_20200407_232741111 (resized).jpg

#3245 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah I must be lucky. If I don’t make the mouth (I’m pretty good at it/that’s what she said), it runs off the right side of the demo, comes out the burn it back loop to a perfect dead bounce off the left flipper to a controlled shot from the right flipper. 99% of the time.

It's almost better to not try for the mouth with mine (hehe). A wide shot ends in the more controllable drop down to the burn it back. Otherwise a dead on shot will usually hit the glass or come flying back at you as the top mouth flap seems to grab the ball and throw it at you.

#3252 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

HIGHLY recommend turning down the power on your flippers. 240 on right and 235 on left. You should have zero glass hits at any point if your flipper power is dialed down.
Especially on the pro. No reason to have either flipper juiced.

mine are turned down but with the ramp/demo shot as it is I get lots of glass hits.

#3258 4 years ago

First game and there are a lot of new callouts in this one. Hopper is workin over time. I think there was one time it was talking about demodogs though when it was the demogorgon that was actually ready.

#3277 4 years ago

Hopper does talk a lot now. I don't know if other people are hearing this but on mine I have the volume set to 10 so really low. I'm getting some strange feedback in the back box speakers on some of hoppers call-outs. Not all of them just a few when his voice is really deep. it kind of sounds like the speakers are being overloaded but I'm not sure how that's possible

#3281 4 years ago

I will note that my machine is also a pro with the stock speakers. I have not messed with the audio settings other than volume yet. I'll take a look at that. Seems to me like some of the audio clips are clipping causing the distortion. May not hear it on higher end speakers.

#3316 3 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Disable it. And the up post. Thank me later

no issues with the up post on mine. Newer machines have the updated part. Stern will send you the fixed part if you contact them. The up post makes TX Multiball double jackpot much easier as you only have to worry about one or two balls instead of 3

#3341 3 years ago

The lower gi light on the left flipper guide closest to the flipper, the white one, is flickering a lot on my machine suddenly. I noticed in one of the streams that Deadflips was doing the same. Seems a little soon for an LED to be going. I've already pulled the led and reseated it but that didn't resolve it. The other led is fine. Guess it's time to look at the socket. Ironically I have the same light doing it on my f-14 but I know that socket is corroded and needs replacing. Anyone else have this happen?

#3348 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Happens all the time on stern games. Flakey socket.

So is this a replace situation or is there a fix? I'm not finding much searching for fixes.

#3375 3 years ago

Dimples will start looking better closer to 1000 plays. The airballs do make the dimples deeper than other pins though so may take longer. I'm more worried about the dimples in the metal ramp entrances. Mine are pretty well dinged up.

Question for you all. I was just noticing on my left ramp looks like it's melting from the LED under it. I'm not sure how that is possible but the ramp graphic looks messed up and you can see plastic warping a little where the light is. The light does touch the ramp but I thought those don't get too hot. Just wondering if others see this before I contact Stern.
IMG_20200421_141539101 (resized).jpgIMG_20200421_141539101 (resized).jpg

IMG_20200421_143034472 (resized).jpgIMG_20200421_143034472 (resized).jpg
#3386 3 years ago
Quoted from Kharris:

Mine is doing this too!

I sent pictures to Stern and will see what they say. Could be a few days given the current situation

#3388 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

On my mystery shot, it hits the target then hits the gate so hard it shoots back over the said target into the lane behind it. Anyone else having this issue or have a fix?

I have seen this from time to time. Nothing I'm too worried about. You still get credit for the mystery shot

#3425 3 years ago

New ramp kits are not yet available. I have a ramp with no graphics on it they sent but won't be taking the time to install that. I'm waiting on the actual kit.

#3429 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

How do you tell if you have a "questionable ramp"?
Is it only if you cant hit Demogorgon in the mouth?

With the ramp down look at it from the side. There should be no gap

IMG_20200206_161346717 (resized).jpgIMG_20200206_161346717 (resized).jpg
#3434 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

That's what my ramp looks like. So I need to call stern to get a replacement?

There are no kits available right now but yes, you will need to contact stern with pictures of your ramp to get the replacement kit once it is available. It was in manufacturing when this whole thing went down so hopefully once things open back up it will be available quickly.

#3437 3 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Let me just say, I got one of the replacement ramps(although didn't have the correct decals to go with it so I never installed it) but there is still a small gap as you show in that picture. So either the new ones are still faulty or there is something more that is different on them

The replacement ramp that I got without the decal didn't have the gap there. I also think it is a little bit longer but I have not measured it yet. I have to take the glass off to get some info for Stern tonight anyway and will look again

#3442 3 years ago

The replacement ramp that I got without the decal didn't have the gap there. I also think it is a little bit longer but I have not measured it yet. I have to take the glass off to get some info for Stern tonight anyway and will look again

Yeah the replacement they sent me is quite a bit longer. I don't think it would land on the mylar anymore. Hopefully whatever kit they have to fix this does the job. Looking back at recent pictures in this thread it does appear that the newer machines have much longer ramps than the earlier ones.
IMG_20200427_220705658 (resized).jpgIMG_20200427_220705658 (resized).jpg

#3457 3 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

So. On my pro model, I’ve noticed distortion coming out of my speakers since really day one. Anyone else get distortions? Especially when it says “ball locked”.

I have as well. I've mentioned it to stern and they offered to replace my speakers. A lot of the new hopper callouts also have pretty bad distortion. I think it's due to the amount of bass in the clips. I switched to the 10 band eq and removed the low end from the backbox speakers and increased it in the cab speaker. This has helped significantly without much sound loss. Pretty sure those stock speakers just can't handle the sounds tho

#3466 3 years ago
Quoted from Mravic:

I would also like more clarity on what you are talking about. I've noticed this same issue get worse on the new Hopper callouts.

In the utility section of the system menu you can choose between system controlled audio or a 10 band eq. When I have a chance to get downstairs to my machine I'll take some pictures of my settings. It's the stock firmware.

#3467 3 years ago

I had a few minutes waiting on a build so here are the pics. From utility menu choose set audio levels. On the page that says high/low Shelf edit it and choose 10 band eq. Then on the next page for the backbox I adjusted the audio level to remove the bass and then on the page after that for the cab speaker I added bass to compensate. This was my first attempt and I do occasionally hear distortion still and probably need to reduce bass on the backglass speakers some more. If someone comes up with good settings I'd love to see what you all come up with. I only messed with it for about 10 minutes
IMG_20200429_125908889 (resized).jpgIMG_20200429_125908889 (resized).jpgIMG_20200429_125917803 (resized).jpgIMG_20200429_125917803 (resized).jpgIMG_20200429_125932676 (resized).jpgIMG_20200429_125932676 (resized).jpgIMG_20200429_125944288 (resized).jpgIMG_20200429_125944288 (resized).jpgIMG_20200429_125952941 (resized).jpgIMG_20200429_125952941 (resized).jpg

#3479 3 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

What are the measurements on the replacement ramp they sent you?

new ramp length is 5 3/4 inches ~147mm. old ramp was closer to 5 1/2 inches ~140mm. Width is the same. This is measuring the straight section. where the graphic goes and the end of the ramp

#3484 3 years ago
Quoted from Nazz26:

Maybe they made the new ramp longer to prevent the ball from getting stuck under it when it lowers to shot the demogorgen. It does happen periodically when playing the game..

Could be, could also be the longer ramp changes the incline angles to more easily hit the demo. With the depth of the curve fixed and being longer it should make for a more lob like effect instead of a dead on smack in the face. It would make sense since the early fix has been to lean the demo forward some. Anyone that has made that mod to their machine will probably have to undo it if they fix the ramp is my guess.

I have not had a ball get stuck under the ramp in a long time. A few software versions ago it was more common. Definitely seeing the newer machines people are getting, when they share pictures on here, showing the longer ramp.

#3486 3 years ago

The other side is the more tell tale one from everything I have seen. Your ramp is definitely the shorter one but I don't know if that necessarily means it's bad.

#3492 3 years ago

I'm over 1312 on mine as of last week. Probably near 1500 now. Playing the heck out of it. What's the average score on your machines? I'm the main player but my son and wife play a lot too and before covid we had lots of friends over. As of last week when I pulled the stats for Stern the average lifetime score on mine was 48,596,020

Hoping when the demo is fixed on mine that will become a good source of points. Right now high scores are only made thru the modes and multiballs due to that and some days there seems to be one shot I just can't hit. Usually right ramp but sometimes the left orbit is my worst enemy.

#3494 3 years ago

Ha yeah here are some stats from my machine that will probably make you laugh.

DEMOGORGON OPTO 203 15% OF GAMES

I'm pretty sure those are lifetime successful demogorgon hits. Over the last few months I've used the flipper rubber, made adjustment after adjustment. It is just pure luck if it goes in.

BUST OUT STARTED 819 62% OF GAMES
BUST OUT DEMOGORGON HITS 2255 171% OF GAMES

Due to not being able to get the mouth it's common to get to the second demo but not so much third or fourth.

TRAP'EM STARTED 157 11% OF GAMES
TRAP'EM DEMOGORGON HITS 846 64% OF GAMES

WHAT'S THAT STARTED 17 1% OF GAMES
WHAT'S THAT DEMOGORGON HITS 121 9% OF GAMES

RUN WILL STARTED 2 0% OF GAMES
RUN WILL DEMOGORGON HITS 8 0% OF GAMES

CANT STOP THIS STARTED 0 0% OF GAMES

I feel like I'm missing out on a huge part of this game lol. I really don't intentionally go for it right now although my son and wife do. Being able to complete via hits is great but the ball drains a lot SDTM. It's the number 1 drain location on my machine.

#3497 3 years ago

funny, Mine are lifetime over 1300 plays.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just played a game last night where I got over 400 million points from the first three demo modes combined.

My GC is just 415 right now and that was a nearly 200 mil first total isolation and a near 100 mil in tk multiballs. Man if I could get 200 mil out of the demogorgon I'd be happy but right now it's only worth 10-20mil total. I'm getting real good at upside down and can usually get close to 30 each time it comes up. Some games recently I've been seeing it 2-3 times so that's usually worth a 70-90 mil. My favorite mode right now is quarter hunt. I like to try and stack that with the 2x multi and a TK multiball. Worth some serious points now.

#3498 3 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

When I got my pro that’s how I felt as well. I honestly kind of hated the game and then I bent the demo bracket to where he was angled downward a little and now any accurate shot makes it and it’s SOO much more fun.

I've just put the machine back to the way it is stock and we all celebrate whoever manages to get the lucky shot these days. I'm afraid that if I do bend the bracket or shim it or whatever when I do get the fixed ramp I'll have to undo that change.

#3500 3 years ago

I've been exporting them to a USB stick and sending to Stern. It keeps track of the changes since the last dump as well as the lifetime stats

#3502 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

So when you do an audit dump they have the lifetime stats on there?

Yeah the lifetime stats are at the bottom

#3504 3 years ago

Stern is supposed to be delivering a kit with detailed instructions and extra parts. I've had a good portion of that area apart and it's time consuming but not too difficult. Tomorrow I get the new GI sockets for my left flipper guide. I took a look at that one and I get to pull the flipper to get to it. Not hard just time consuming again. Stern is supporting us well. Hopefully these kits and my new left ramp come in once manufacturing starts back up.

#3526 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I didn't think this was possible, but the ball landed here tonight.[quoted image]

Ha, happened to me to a while back. Cracked me up.

IMG_20200221_104236415 (resized).jpgIMG_20200221_104236415 (resized).jpg
#3533 3 years ago

I had a lot of trouble with my machine booting. Kept getting worse and worse. Stern was about to send me a new CPU board when I found a class 10 Ultra card in my wife's camera bag and flashed the latest software on it. Have not had an issue since.

#3541 3 years ago

CODE 0.90.0 is out and wow this is a massive update with HUGE changes to the scoring. There are some serious rewards for finishing some of the modes now.

Changed the scoring for Where's Barb. Now completing/finding Barb in 1 shot
scores 40M. Finding Barb after making all of the other 7 available shots
scores 10M. Otherwise, each shot enroute to finding Barb scores 1M+
with a final score award of 5M for finding Barb.

Changed the scoring for Telekinesis Multiball. Now Jackpots score 1M+, Double/Triple
Jackpots score 2M+/3M+. Super Jackpots are still 6M/12M/18M.

Added a 50M bonus award to Save Will for completing all of the shot awards
as a combo.

Looking forward to these changes. Lots of bug fixes to. Installing now...

#3549 3 years ago

yeah there are a lot of new lighting effects when starting modes and stuff. It's pretty cool. I also think they did some work on the audio levels for the pro. Have not played enough yet with the stock settings to see if it's resolved but there are definitely changes. Will be testing more tonight.

#3554 3 years ago

I have not hit the GC but I had some exciting games tonight. The second demodog mode was worth a lot of points when I completed it. Way more than I had ever seen before. The light shows are really coming together and enhance the modes. Really digging these changes. I dumped my stats right before I installed the update and will pull them again in a week to see but already having more games in the 150-250 mil range than I did on the last build. Not getting as many extra balls though. Probably for the best.

#3556 3 years ago

I'm not sure if it reset but I have my extra balls set to auto and now it's requiring more than 10 burn it backs to get the first extra ball. I think it was at like 7 before I did the update. After I get that first burn it back extra ball it's at 50 for the next one

#3558 3 years ago

In the last update auto had gotten to the point, if my son was playing a lot, to just three or four shots to bib for an extra ball. He doesn't shoot for bib much. Right before I updated it was at 6 or 7 and now it's at 11-12. The update must have reset that auto. I've played a bunch tonight and have not seen many extra balls from bib so seems like it's not adjusting as fast now. I've been sending stern my audit data weekly so have been keeping my settings as stock as possible.

On a separate note the audio distortion still exists on the pro with the hopper show clips. It seems to be better with stock settings but not fully fixed. I think I really need to upgrade the speakers.

#3562 3 years ago

This is intentional. Mystery will advance the closest to starting mode two times and the left ball scoop will also spot demodog letters. I believe there are settings to turn both off.

#3601 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Is anyone getting clipping out of mostly the left speaker on 0.90? Some of the callouts when there's an effect playing at the same time (and music) gets very crunchy and I think the speaker's clipping.

been having audio clipping for the last 2 versions. I used the 10 band eq to reduce bass in the backbox speakers and increased it in the cab speaker to compensate. By default it's on the high/low pass filters but I couldn't find settings for those that got rid of the clipping

#3630 3 years ago

Finally managed to find barb in the first shot and like someone else found you see the 40 mil award but nothing gets added to your score. Would have been my GC game had that 40 mill been added lol. I've reported it to Stern as another data point.

#3764 3 years ago

I completed save will last night for the first time in consecutive shots. It was worth like 70 mil for that mode. First time I think I ever completed it too let alone combo'd every shot.

1 week later
#3885 3 years ago

Got barb in one shot and got my 40 mil I have not seen the alternate upside down yet but seems scores are higher. I think the skill shots are worth more now. 5 mil for standard and 10 for super. Def worth going for now as I have been ignoring them.

#3907 3 years ago

- Lowered the default speech volume to address distortion being heard on some games.

I've put my PRO back to stock audio settings and I am no longer hearing distortion. I was even able to raise the volume over 10 without issues. I've not heard all of the callouts yet but so far so good.

Also digging the new compass mode rule where the spinner changes the shot. Now it doesn't feel as similar as find will.

#3953 3 years ago

I think I read somewhere that the Le's have two different coils for the flippers. My pro has the same coil for both.

#3959 3 years ago

I think I read somewhere that the Le's have two different coils for the flippers. My pro has the same coil for both.

Ah and I just got my first down vote for no reason. I feel like I'm finally a real member of pinside...

1 week later
#4072 3 years ago
Quoted from Nazz26:

Not sure. Since I downloaded the latest code only turned on machine 4 times to play and this has happened twice. Nothing turns on other than my installed speaker lights. It saying wandboard.org on the projector screen and that’s it. Had turn turn machine off then back on and all turns on.

That sounds like the CPU board not booting up. While mine was a pro I had a similar issue where the main cpu was not coming up and rebooting or opening the coin door would get it going. Turned out to be the sd card was bad. Grabbed one from my wife's camera (she hasn't noticed) and flashed the software and have not had the issue since. Worth trying

#4083 3 years ago
Quoted from JDub03:

Yeah, mine didn't have one (hence the insane amount of airballs). I have seen a couple others with the same issue. No biggie, easy fix and Stern sent it out right away. Just wanted to share for anyone who may not know a deflector should be there.

Are you talking about this deflector that I have the car on? Isn't the flasher mounted to it? Not sure how one would ship without it. I've never had air balls from the right ramp. Plenty from elsewhere

IMG_20200313_150919919 (resized).jpgIMG_20200313_150919919 (resized).jpg

#4117 3 years ago

No kidding, I knew I was playing this a lot but checked against my Munsters which is a year old and I've played way more stranger things in 5 months than a year of Munsters lol.

IMG_20200609_170628699 (resized).jpgIMG_20200609_170628699 (resized).jpg
#4122 3 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Sick!! I'm similar on mine Sth vs my JP2Prem
Where did you get that Hopper car mod?? I like that

Bought it on Amazon
https://www.amazon.com/Hoppers-Chevrolet-Stranger-Hollywood-Jada/dp/B07ZG6WM2T/ref=redir_mobile_desktop

I used the mount that it was on in the packaging and used a command strip to secure it so it will easily come off without any damage. It's taken quite a few airballs too so it's quite strong I like it and think it fills that spot nicely.
IMG_20200313_150919919 (resized).jpgIMG_20200313_150919919 (resized).jpg

I think Lermods is using my pic here on their store page

#4160 3 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Has anyone purchased Billy's Camaro off Amazon?
amazon.com link »

ha, I just saw it last night and it's on the way now

#4163 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Maybe your game is not on adult? Do you see it on the mystery list?
I have played 7 games and got it twice so far.

I played all night last night and didn't see it once. I see it on the mystery list. Got mystery many times. Hold bonus was my most common one

#4180 3 years ago

Ha I just saw the BS mode. Pure Awesomeness. Not sure what it's scoring is but I was laughing pretty good. Even started a mode while I was in it and hearing the mode audio and then someone say BS was funny.

#4190 3 years ago

Just arrived. Looks like it has the same mount hoppers car did so should be able to use command strips as well. Going to find a nice spot on the left ramp to put it

IMG_20200613_180940281 (resized).jpgIMG_20200613_180940281 (resized).jpg

#4191 3 years ago

I think having the two cars balances the playfield well. The upper left corner was pretty bare. It is funny playing and not seeing the ball go all the way around that ramp though. So used to that.

I also found this little Dart creature as well but have not found a spot for it yet.

IMG_20200613_222352404 (resized).jpgIMG_20200613_222352404 (resized).jpgIMG_20200613_222400445 (resized).jpgIMG_20200613_222400445 (resized).jpgIMG_20200613_223248733 (resized).jpgIMG_20200613_223248733 (resized).jpg
#4193 3 years ago

The scale doesn't bother me on the cars. They would have to be way too big to match the scale of the main monster. The dart is about 5 inches long and probably pretty close to the scale of the main demo monster. Maybe an inch big. All theoretical of course. Not sure how big dart was in the show at that point. It was right before it changed fully into a demodog.

#4221 3 years ago

One thing I've been wondering about demodogs is when that first mode starts all of the letters are flashing. As you hit them they go solid until you hit all of them then I think they go flashing again. I've never been able to look up at that point but is completing them also increasing the value of each hit?

#4223 3 years ago

nice, I've never had a chance to look up and see the increase. Will have to play with that some

#4293 3 years ago

Pretty sure the firmware upgrades to the node board some updates do might make going back a bad idea.

#4326 3 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Perfect thx
Are the modes random?

kind of, the pop bumpers will change which mode is lit each time they are hit. One cycles season one and the other season two. So if you want to play a different mode keep going into the pops until you get it lit.

#4355 3 years ago

Interesting, I've been waiting for my updated ramp for the demogorgon shot since Feb 6th. I also have a bad left entry ramp that needs replacement that I am waiting for. I was last told the ramps were still weeks out. I guess they are not doing first in first out.

#4364 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

He told me if I dont have it the 2nd week of June to let him know. I wrote him last Monday and he told me they were still back ordered, then it showed up today. I am in St. Louis so I get mail from Chicago almost next day. I bet everyone else will be getting them this week.

I always get a shipping notification from UPS when something is on the way from Stern and have not seen anything yet. Also just heard back from Pablo that there is no ETA on my kit. So that really sucks. The unfinished ramp that they sent months ago is quite different from the ramp on my machine so I am hoping it fixes the issue whenever it arrives.

#4367 3 years ago

I'm being told the ramp kits are still on back order so they are not sure how people have gotten the replacements yet. You guys got the kit with the decals, hardware, and instructions?

I have my address setup on the various shipping sites to notify me by email when something is on it's way to me. If I didn't have that setup it would look like magic

#4371 3 years ago

Glad you got yours. I'll hopefully find out Thursday what's going on with mine.

#4375 3 years ago

Looking forward to hearing if it fixes it for you all. Definitely not buying first week a machine is available again and maybe not NIB ever again after my last 2. Still being told it's backordered with no ETA

#4390 3 years ago

My ramp kit arrived today. Turns out outlook was moving the ups quantum view notifications to an auto folder that was hidden. Kit looks quite nice. Glad the graphic is already on the ramp. Starting to read through the instructions now.

IMG_20200624_174355360 (resized).jpgIMG_20200624_174355360 (resized).jpg
#4392 3 years ago

I just finished the install as well as a replacement mount for the demogorgon. I can't say I notice much of a difference yet. I made my first shot and then none since lol. I need to play a lot more before I make a determination. I also really cleaned the playfield and it's playing a lot faster so it's harder for me to get control and take aimed shots. Took me about 2 hours to install but I also went farther and rebuilt the demogorgon. You really can't make any adjustments to how it sits on the metal bracket.

Side view image top is the new one. Definite difference there. Graphic image the right one is the new one.

IMG_20200624_205555520 (resized).jpgIMG_20200624_205555520 (resized).jpgIMG_20200624_205722380 (resized).jpgIMG_20200624_205722380 (resized).jpg
#4396 3 years ago

For months I would hit the demo shot once every three to four days. Usually complete dumb luck. I have got it five times tonight. So I think, on my machine, this fix is working fingers crossed. I have had a reject or two where I think it should have gone in but it's looking good. Had to get used to the faster play after the cleaning.

I tried to adjust the mouth on the demogorgon but it just went right back to how it was molded. I'm not brave enough to take heat to it which is what I think you would have to do to make the hole larger. A dremel would just make a mess.

I have months of audits to compare against so after a week I'll let you know how the demo shot is going but it looks promising

#4398 3 years ago

Hit it twice more tonight. I definitely would not call it an easy shot but at least, for now, it seems doable. I think chuckwurt is right, letting it move more freely might help. I think I may have tightened mine down too much when I put it on the new bracket. Going to pull the demogorgon tomorrow and loosen them a bit and see if that makes any difference. Tonight I'm at least 6 hits more than any other night I've had recently.

#4403 3 years ago

There are two nuts under the playfield that need to be removed and one screw on top of the playfield. When I put the demogorgon back I didn't put the screw in on top as the two rear nuts should be more than enough. Now I won't need to unscrew the left ramp to get at that screw to remove it. If the first time removing demo then the plastics on the left side of the demo, left ramp need to be unscrewed so you can get to the topside screw.

Also cut the zip tie that is holding the wires for the demogorgon and give it some slack. Mine didn't have any slack when I got it and the demo hardly moved.

The screw we are talking about is the one that goes through the black washer and allows the demo to rock.

IMG_20200207_114134528 (resized).jpgIMG_20200207_114134528 (resized).jpgIMG_20200624_204303163 (resized).jpgIMG_20200624_204303163 (resized).jpgIMG_20200624_203129604 (resized).jpgIMG_20200624_203129604 (resized).jpgIMG_20200624_203116747 (resized).jpgIMG_20200624_203116747 (resized).jpg
#4409 3 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

when you say topside screw is it the one with the black washer you mentioned or a diff screw?....so you took out the screw facing upwards that goes through the black washer? improves shot?

I'm warning about the screw on the top side of the playfield that holds the main demogorgon mount down. There are two long screws that bolt to the underside of the playfield and one top screw. Look to the left behind the demogorgon on the playfield and you will see it. You will have to remove the demogorgon completely to make this adjustment.

The screws to loosen are highlighted.

demogorgon (resized).pngdemogorgon (resized).png

#4417 3 years ago

I think around .84 made the ramp down in attract on the pro. Wouldn't make sense on the le/prem as they have video projected.

I didn't do such a great job placing the mylar on mine so will need to redo it soon anyway lol. My mylar was longer than the cutout on the template and I didn't realize until too late.

#4419 3 years ago

Mine was pulled backwards at first because of the wire ties under the playfield. I cut the ziptie under the playfield that held it against the main wire bundle and made sure it had a lot of slack when I put it back. That was step 1 and everyone should look at make sure it smoothly rocks forward and backward.

#4422 3 years ago

I tried loosening those screws on the demogorgon mount last night by a half a turn and I was unable to hit it after that point. I think it was too loose and was not settling back in to it's optimal location. I was getting some wild ricochets that I've never seen before. This machine is finicky for sure. Going to try tightening it back up today when I get a chance to work on the machine.

#4446 3 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Loosening hardware and adding washers under the demogorgon didn't fix anything on my game. I tried something that made a difference though. After removing the demogorgon shell from the metal component completely, I VERY carefully trimmed the mouth edge with a small hobby knife. My demogorgon mouth had a decent amount of plastic material that I felt was protruding in. It wasn't uniform in shape either. I only trimmed about 1/16" to 1/8" from some of the edges making the hole slightly larger and definitely more uniform.
This absolutely helped.
Making it into the mouth is not easy by any means but at least it's doable now on my game. Huge improvement.
If you decide to try this, take your time and be very careful. One slip with a razor and you can destroy your demogorgon completely.

I'd be interested to see what the demogorgon looks like after trimming it. Might be my next step. On the right side of the demogorgon on mine I see a large chunk of the frame. Stern has said engineering doesn't think it would affect the shot but I cant understand that. Tonight I made the shot maybe 5 times which is much better than I had been but I am still seeing many shots not going that look like they were perfect. Tried playing with flipper power and cranking things up as high as they go seems to work the best now.

IMG_20200313_145858581 (resized).jpgIMG_20200313_145858581 (resized).jpg
#4454 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Slo-mo record the demogorgon entrance as you hit it over and over with the glass off from the left flipper (which should be the easiest). Then examine the slo-mo shots to see how exactly the ball is physically being rejected at the entrance (and if you happen to get one in, how does that look?). iPhone is a fantastic pinball diagnostic tool for this because of the slo-mo recording feature.
Once you have some slo-mo to go on, it will become less about guessing and more about fixing the actual issue with yours.

Ha, turns out my phone does have slo-mo. I didn't think I had anything that would do that. Will give it a try and see what's what. Thanks

#4461 3 years ago

For those that have put the new ramp on is it digging into your playfield as well? It almost looks like it's cut through the new mylar. I'm getting an unsightly white line forming where it touches that is very noticeable after 2 days when the ramp is up. I tried cleaning it with novus but it only got marginally better.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Eastvale, CA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,299 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

829 posts in this topic match your search for posts by C0untDeM0net. You are on page 1 of 4.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider C0untDeM0net.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party?tu=C0untDeM0net and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.