20240328_091143 (resized).jpg
20240328_091243 (resized).jpg
20240328_091907 (resized).jpg
20240328_091912 (resized).jpg
20240326_130903 (resized).jpg
20240327_085933 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240327_090153_Gallery (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #235 ALERT: Be sure to check PRO Ball Lock Post, it can come loose. Posted by chuckwurt (4 years ago)

Post #712 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Replacement rubber info Posted by fooflighter (4 years ago)

Post #1272 TECH: TOYS. Demogorgon adjustment to make less shot rejects Posted by rs812 (4 years ago)

Post #1273 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Projector focus adjustment instructions Posted by rs812 (4 years ago)

Post #1717 TECH: PLAYFIELD. TK lock and deflector adjustment instructions Posted by chuckwurt (4 years ago)

Post #3533 TECH: BOOTING. Fix for Spike machines that frequently have problems booting Posted by C0untDeM0net (3 years ago)

Post #5955 MOD: Stranger Things action button surround and shooter plate Posted by pinballslave (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BallyKISS1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6337 3 years ago

Family really likes AFM and I understand same designer did AFM and Stranger Things. Layout looks very similar. My wife and kids love the show but wasn’t impressed with ST pro they played on route.

They found the demigorgan shot difficult to hit. I am thinking about getting a ST premium over AFMr. I understand new code allows you to hit the demigorgan 5 times now vs in the mouth only.

For you who have ST which would you buy AFMr SE or ST premium? Thanks for any help

#6340 3 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

That change to hit 5 times was in one of early updates. There is a process now to determine demogorgon issue and resolve. Even kids with no experience hit that shot on my machine now. Brian Eddy did design Stranger Things and AFM

Awesome. Thank you so much for your reply

#6341 3 years ago
Quoted from Break8ers:

I would go ST--I just got a premium and had the same dilemma. My demo shot is makeable--it's not a gimme but you can hit it. Code does allow you to hit it. It can be dialed in more also. Biggest reason would be the code--light years ahead there and still evolving. Also the projector is much better than I anticipated. Throw in the TK multiball and UV lighting which are both really nice. No machine like it.

Really appreciate you letting me know. So premium definitely worth the extra $$$ then over the pro?

#6343 3 years ago

I love this machine but it takes work to get playing well especially with the premium. Just be aware of that.

That’s what I noticed with reading the thread. Thank you

1 week later
#6547 3 years ago

Went to play AFMr today at one arcade then went to play ST pro again after. I felt really underwhelmed with AFM and really found ST a more enjoyable game. Family is trying to figure out which next pin will be NIB purchase or possibly used depending on which one we get.

Right now for me it’s between ST and Elvira HOH. I really want both in the collection at some point.

So for ST, pro or premium? I contacted two sellers who one has a pro with 3000 plays for $4800 and other has a premium for $7100 shipped with under 100 plays.

For used pro I am thinking $4500 and used premium offering $6800. What do you think? Or just get NIB pro or premium ?

#6549 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Premium all the way. The projections and ball lock...when it works..transform the game.

What’s the issue with the ball lock? Thanks for your reply

#6551 3 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

it didnt lock... :/

What was the fix?

#6594 3 years ago

Stranger Things pro with 3000 plays for $4500. Yay or nay?

#6597 3 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

in fact 3000 plays does mean nothing, simply beacuse 3000 plays from a wizard guy will be much different that 3000 plays from a family with 2 or 3 young childs having very short games...
(if you can) just check the pin, thats the only way to really know

It was on route and is 6 and half hours from me is the problem

#6598 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Seems pretty cheap to me. Not sure what NIB was for them.

$5899 NIB and it was on route

#6601 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No way that was street price.

Yes it is

5E671C2B-C2F5-40D3-879A-80B8000EA762 (resized).png5E671C2B-C2F5-40D3-879A-80B8000EA762 (resized).png
#6603 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Sorry that’s just the price distros had to list it at. Should be able to get at least 500 off that if you call around. Just FYI when trying to figure out if it’s worth it to jump on this used one.

Wish I had better connections with a distributor. There’s a new premium available for $7100 also. Just not sure if the premium is worth the extra money and seems to be more problems with the premium over the pro.

#6607 3 years ago
Quoted from Flash71:

I’ve dealt with Orange County. Good guy. He’ll deal.

Bought Monster Bash and Black Knight from them.

#6618 3 years ago
Quoted from Kharris:

ballykiss1978 I got mine nib shipped to me for 5k. Your not saving any money buying the used one for 4500 and then getting it shipped.

I would pick it up. Where did you get yours for $5k? Are you happy you got the pro?

#6621 3 years ago

Can get a demo unit pro with full warranty for $5395 shipped from distributor or new premium for $7100 shipped? Thinking pro with $1705 savings. Or wait for a used premium to pop up near me, which doesn’t happen too often in Arizona.

#6624 3 years ago
Quoted from dmieczko:

Premiums and LE's look amazing, but I have to say - I have had my Pro since the first of the year and I am thrilled with it. My favorite game in a long time...

I have only played the pro myself. Played pro and premium of BKSOR and went with premium. Just not sure premium is worth the extra money but I did not see one in the wild. Did you get the UV kit?

#6628 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If you’re not obsessed with this theme, the pro is totally fine. I say do that.

Thanks brother. Talked to the wife who loves the show and she agrees pro is fine. Premium upgrades do not add to the gameplay. So got green light to get it. Also told to put deposit down for Elvira also.

#6632 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Dang! A 2fer. Nice. Enjoy!

if the wife’s happy everyone is happy. She is excited for Stranger Things and also Elvira. I didn’t realize how fun Elvira is. Definitely didn’t look like it was that deep or fun of a pin till I played it.

At Tilt Studio’s EHOH and ST were the two pins I would have that one more game feeling. I would play Elvira and said to myself I want this and like it better than ST, and then play ST and liked it better and had to have it

Thanks for your reply. Definitely made me feel good about going with ST pro

#6637 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Not to sidetrack you, but I would totally go Premium. I'm not even a fan of the show. I watched season 1 (meh), that's it. So, I don't really know what's going on in any of the modes, either never seen them or don't remember them. The game still works as an 80s vibe "horror" theme.
Back before COVID, I ran into a Premium on location with no intentions of liking it, but I was blown away. Granted, many of the rules are the same on the Pro, but the theater provided by the projector and the UV is so freakin cool, I just can't imagine going Pro on this game. I own a bunch of cool games, but I've never gotten as much wow factor from noob visitors as I have from this game. If that matters to you at all, it's another reason to consider the Premium.
Other games on my WANTED list are Star Wars, Deadpool, JP3, Elvira, and AIQ. Regardless, when I saw a nicely priced ST Prem locally, I jumped with no regrets.

Thanks for your reply. Just finalized the purchase for the pro. Going to put the $2204 I saved towards Elvira. I just couldn’t justify spending that much for the premium ST. Glad you love your premium and glad I never played it so I won’t know what I am missing lol.

#6638 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Those games will complement each other well. STH can be pretty brutal and Elvira has crazy deep code with long ball times.

Elvira definitely has a deep code and was surprised the long ball time on it. Definitely surprised me. My kids didn’t care for it at first and tbh neither did I. For me definitely a top 10 or dare I say top 5 pin.

Ordering UV kit and shaker for ST now. Supposed to be for Christmas but don’t think we can wait that long. I need to make sure no issues with it lol

#6643 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Any interesting powdercoating? I’m lucky to live down the road from a powder company. I’m trying to avoid straight purple.

How about a candy apple fire red?

6C4198B0-88D9-4E28-A6EC-8F85F762FA0B (resized).jpeg6C4198B0-88D9-4E28-A6EC-8F85F762FA0B (resized).jpeg
#6649 3 years ago

ST pro will arrive next week. What things should I look for and need to adjust possibly? I played a pro at tilt studio and the ball constantly got stuck on the right side of the demigorgan.

Can’t wait to get the game. It’s supposed to be a family Christmas present but don’t think we will be able to wait that long. Correction, we won’t be able to wait that long.

#6651 3 years ago

If the demogorgon is not a reliable shot then check back as it should be consistently hittable within the same game. From a cradle I'm 100% on mine and probably 70% on the fly. The game requires you to hit that shot many times to progress thru the demogorgon modes.
You are going to want to get Vireland's cooling fans.

Thanks so much for the reply and the video. Hopefully mine will have the correct and updated ramp. I will check back if I have some issues.

So why do the coils get so hot requiring cooling fans? And how long does it take for them to heat up? Do you have a link to the fans? Thanks again!

#6653 3 years ago

I would highly recommend you read through the last 50 or so pages of this thread. There is a lot of information to answer all of your questions. This machine requires some tweaking but it's a ton of fun once dialed in.

Will do! Thanks

#6663 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Stranger Things gets hot coils faster than anything else I've tested so far. Within about 30-40 minutes of continuous play you're in the coil fade zone.
There's an explanation of the whys of coil fade on the product page for the flipper coil cooling kit and a link to an interactive experiment that helps make it clear what happens as heat increases electrical resistance.

What did you do to help decrease the heat? Where can you order Verilands cooling fans if that is the only way to fix the coil over heating? Thank you.

#6668 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Store listing for the kit is here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1170-pin-monk/04203-tibetan-breeze-flipper-coil-cooling-kit-spike2
There's information on the page at the bottom with a Q&A on coil overheating. Basically the kit is two small fans with the wiring and mounting hardware so they can keep air moving across the flipper coils to prevent them from getting hotter than 110F. Most machines they stay around 100F, no matter how long you play.

Thank you so much!! Is the over heating mainly with stranger things?

#6673 3 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Has anyone at this time
Decided to implement a small coil to make the Demo kick in a pro and tied into the flasher circuit (like Prem effect on pro)

Would like to know this also.

#6674 3 years ago

My ST pro arrives on Saturday. How many here were a fan of the show before they bought the game? I for one have not seen one episode of the show.

I just really loved playing the game and can’t wait to have it in my front room to keep playing. I know this might be sacrilegious, but I prefer ST over AFM.

#6676 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

My family has seen all seasons multiple times. We love it.

I need to start watching the show. My wife and daughter love it.

#6678 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

One of a few things we all watch together. We actually just got done watching the Undoing on HBO too. That was a murder mystery mini series (6 episodes). That was great too.
She’s 14 though and it had some sex in it. So beware if you care.

Thanks for heads up. Definitely care.

#6686 3 years ago
Quoted from Kharris:

I went in with a friend and we got two. Don’t know the distributor. I love my pro it’s all I play. Sometimes I forget there are 7 more games in my collection.

I guess you like it lol. Can’t wait to get it on Saturday

#6703 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

New addition![quoted image]

Congrats! Waiting for mine to be delivered today. Between 9 and 5 pm

#6716 3 years ago

Unboxed today. Demo unit with 1900 plays. Everything works as far as I know. Waiting for art blades, shaker, UV light kit, and ball through protector. Supposed to be here today FedEx. Oh well. Now wait to install everything and then for Christmas. Not sure I can do it tbh.

5F2D7ECF-B070-4662-B8A2-AEBCA6E69BEE (resized).jpeg5F2D7ECF-B070-4662-B8A2-AEBCA6E69BEE (resized).jpeg
#6719 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I’m about 100 plays in, and I’ve hit the demogorgon in the mouth *once*. Build date Jan 2020. Shots seem to hit low. I’ve adjusted flipper strength a few times.
Looks like I’ll be doing the washer trick. I think I heard somewhere that the ramp was riveted incorrectly on some games, making the shot difficult?

Hit on 3rd try ball 2 when I was checking mine out that arrived on Saturday.Demo unit with 1900 plays. Build date of December 2019.

#6726 3 years ago

Does mine have the updated ramp? It was built December 2019 and it was a demo unit. I am not sure how to tell if it is the old one or not.

789C6F42-84F2-483E-9434-4BA51792199C (resized).jpeg789C6F42-84F2-483E-9434-4BA51792199C (resized).jpegA69C57B8-8FA6-446E-B8A5-D0C8916A0E91 (resized).jpegA69C57B8-8FA6-446E-B8A5-D0C8916A0E91 (resized).jpegF48280B9-CD53-42D2-8F6E-0CA4E61DD1B6 (resized).jpegF48280B9-CD53-42D2-8F6E-0CA4E61DD1B6 (resized).jpeg
#6730 3 years ago

That is the shorter, original, ramp. If you search my username in this thread I posted pics of my original and the replacements. I prefer the original shorter ramp. Follow the steps to dial it in and you will be happy with it.

Ok thank you. Why do you prefer the shorter ramp? I played a quick game and on my 3rd try on the same ball was able to hit the demagorgan. First two tries didn’t get stuck on the right of it either which was nice compared to the one I played on route that got stuck constantly.

#6731 3 years ago

Anyone get the topper?

#6732 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Ok thank you. Why do you prefer the shorter ramp? I played a quick game and on my 3rd try on the same ball was able to hit the demagorgan. First two tries didn’t get stuck on the right of it either which was nice compared to the one I played on route that got stuck constantly.

#6742 3 years ago

Topper has not been released yet

Any pics of it yet and when’s the release date? Not much info at all out there. How about Cointakers topper? Anyone purchase that one? Wish there was pics of it and video of it with it on the game other than just a close up of it.

#6744 3 years ago

The long ramp cause some strange ball movements when it hits the sides from the kick out or burn it back. The shorter ramp doesn't have those issues as much. Maybe I would get used to it after a while but the shorter ramp is less intrusive to the game when it is down imho
The one on route might have done some of the earlier hacks which are known to cause hangups. I've never had a hangup around the demogorgon with the fixes I've done.

Thanks for the reply. I will wait on swapping the long one out then till after I play it much more at Christmas. The 2 plays my daughter and I had on it was smooth and no evident issues that immediately popped up.

It’s definitely way better than the one I played on route that had issues every time with ball hang ups and they have a full time pinball tech who works at Tilt Studios.

Really annoying when it had to do a ball search on EVERY demagorgan mode. I wish I was exaggerating. Still loved playing the game regardless and had to buy it. The demo unit I bought definitely seems to have been dialed much better from Colorado Gaming Exchange.

#6765 3 years ago
Quoted from dos_reboot:

On the fence with STh premium purchase. For those who have had the game for a few months, tell me your thoughts on the game and the code. Big fan of AFM (never leaving my collection). Is this a 'must have game' too?
Thanks!

Was going to get AFMr SE and after I played a bunch of ST pro I opted to get ST. I just couldn’t get into AFM that much after playing ST and neither could my daughters. I have no regrets. Went with the pro because the premium to me wasn’t worth the extra $2300. I got a demo unit pro for $500 off. Haven’t played the premium so pro works out great for me. UV kit going in tomorrow and other mods to get it ready for the family on Christmas Day.

#6766 3 years ago

Was going to get AFMr SE and after I played a bunch of ST pro I opted to get ST. I just couldn’t get into AFM that much after playing ST and neither could my daughters. I have no regrets. Went with the pro because the premium to me wasn’t worth the extra $2300. I got a demo unit pro for $500 off. Haven’t played the premium so pro works out great for me. UV kit going in tomorrow and other mods to get it ready for the family on Christmas Day.

#6785 3 years ago

Installed new code and also speaker lights today on my pro. Played a couple kore games and no issues with ball hitting Demagorgan or getting stuck.

Pablo is sending me a new ramp but not going to install. Mine has build date of 12/19. I am new to pinball and the first lesson I learned was if it’s not broke don’t fix it.

UV kit and ramp decal going on tomorrow from cointaker. Still waiting on my art blades and shaker from pinball life. Left Chicago 12/03 and has had no more updates. Was supposed to be here 12/07. Want this ready for Christmas.

#6792 3 years ago

HA! Not yet lol. Art blades and shaker arriving tomorrow finally.

#6815 3 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

That’s debatable LOL. Was hoping to find a used one to avoid having to adjust everything but got tired of waiting for one to shake loose. I’m sure I’m gonna love it and it will be nice to have next to my Shadow and AFM

I was able to buy a demo ST pro from Colorado Game Exchange and it was dialed in right out of the box. Even has the original ramp so not going to change it out after I get the new one from Pablo.

Added the UV kit, shaker, and art blades. Now it sits in my garage covered till Christmas. Can’t wait to play. UV kit totally worth it. Glad I didn’t listen to all the negative comments and gave it a chance on location.

The one on location was not dialed in and ball constantly got stuck on the Demagorgan, but still loved it. I prefer ST over AFM which my family and I were debating on getting.

#6820 3 years ago

Is the shaker motor used much during gameplay? I have it set for maximum use and could not find an adjustment to increase the power. It shook a little when I defeated the demogorgan. I am sure I am missing a setting. It’s in the garage till Christmas. Many have been a big help already and can’t wait to bring her in and really get to play.

#6822 3 years ago

Well that’s disappointing. Thanks for the intel.

#6824 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Yeah...it is pretty weak usage. I really hope they add more effect yet. It really stands out at the start of multiball. When that van crashes, it should be an earthquake. Instead...nothing. LOL

Well have something to look forward to lol. Definitely should shake like crazy when Demogorgon is defeated at the least. Still worth the $79 from pinball life for the shaker. If I paid $149 would probably regret it.

#6833 3 years ago

Received my replacement ramp today. Also a plunger. Since my ST ramp and demogorgon seem dialed in, not going to mess with it.

What was the issue with the plunger? I have a pro and I believe it’s set to virtual lock but I can’t remember because it’s in the garage waiting for Christmas to get here and only played a couple times and set up and tested the UV kit and haven’t messed with settings much.

Is there a setting on the pro to stack the balls for ball lock? Thanks for the help. The group has been very helpful and appreciate it. Great game and group win win. Or Michael from the Office win, win, win lol

8E57193A-B6B7-4ABB-815E-06E617B6E298 (resized).jpeg8E57193A-B6B7-4ABB-815E-06E617B6E298 (resized).jpegC708D9A0-B4EB-4A42-AD64-50AB25B4C1C8 (resized).jpegC708D9A0-B4EB-4A42-AD64-50AB25B4C1C8 (resized).jpeg
#6837 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Early ones came apart very quickly. That one should be reinforced. If your game has 1900 plays on it I’m sure the fix has already been done.

Ok cool. Will just keep it as a spare till the other one starts having issues. Thanks so much!! Appreciate your help again. Can’t wait till Christmas even though I know what it is lol. Staying way from it other than putting mods in or parts. Of course I have to test it lol. Especially after putting the art blades in.

#6840 3 years ago

When will any pics of the topper be released? And when will it release? I see Little Shop of Games has it for sale but back ordered. Do t want to spend $599 with no clue what it even will look like.

#6855 3 years ago
Quoted from Break8ers:

The shaker integration for this game is poor at best. Really a shame--had a ton of potential in the code to utilize.

I really hope they integrate more. At first I wasn’t sure if my shaker was even working when I tested it after putting it in. Man I can’t wait for Christmas to play it. Still haven’t given in to giving the family it early before Christmas Day.

#6871 3 years ago

Mirror blades look nice but glad I went with the official art blades. For me ST looks a bit better darker without all the light reflection from the mirrors. Can’t wait for Christmas to finally play mine.

#6888 3 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

I went with the art blades as well. My pin has been sitting in the basement in its original box for the last week. It's wrapped in Christmas paper for the family and I have UV kit, art blades, and a few other tasteful mods to add. It's killing me not opening it.

Glad I am not the only one waiting anxiously for Christmas. My pro was a demo unit and shipped in a Turtles box. I opened it and already installed the art blades(look awesome), UV kit, demogorgon ramp decal, shaker motor, lockdown bar accent badge and speaker lights from cointaker. Going to put in ball shooter lane protector today.

Didn’t put in the new updated ramp for it because no issues with the demogorgon shot. I learned quickly if it ain’t broke don’t fix it. Now can’t wait for Elvira to get done next year and of course for Christmas to play Stranger Things. Underrated game in my opinion.

Was going to get Attack From Mars, but my daughters felt ST was better as did I. Wife loved both and gave me the green light to get ST. The UV kit definitely was worth it also but the shaker is under utilized for me, at least for the few times a played it to make sure it works.

Was initially regretting buying ST when Led Zeppelin was announced, but now that I saw it I am still glad I bought ST and my Elvira deposit is also going nowhere.

#6893 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Wonder why it still doesn't show up when I search Stranger Things at the top of the page?

I had the same issue. Put in stranger things and it doesn’t come up when you search it. It comes up when I did a google search.

#6894 3 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Another good decision. Elvira is a winner. I want one as well.

I am really shocked how good Elvira is. It definitely didn’t look that great by looking at it. I was really surprised how satisfying the shots were and how many there are.

I really wanted Led Zeppelin to be something special but still more excited to bring in Stranger Things in the house for Christmas. The demogorgon shot is still so awesome hitting it in the mouth.

I haven’t seen the show and were people disappointed in it because they were/are big fans of the show? Is that why it was not well received? I love the game and have not seen one episode or even one clip other than what’s on the game.

#6898 3 years ago

For me it’s very similar to AFM for obvious reasons of course. But I feel ST was much more fun and keeps me coming back to want to play one more game.

My daughters and I were just bored with AFM. We played a special edition remake. When they first played it at a different location they loved it, and then they played ST and they preferred it way more.

We love the artwork on AFM but just felt ST was more fun and I saved over 2 grand. I feel AFM would have looked great next to my Monster Bash remake, but I think I would have had buyers remorse for sure.

#6902 3 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Man, can I be in the family too? Thats awesome, you’ll soon enjoy it!
It’s my first pin so its 10x’s as bad waiting for it. I do have. Simpsons Party on route as well but it won’t make it for Xmas h fortunately.

Congrats on your first pin! Already have a family of six and any room left in my house is for pinball lol so no more allowed in my family. Where’s Simpsons coming from and when will it arrive? For my pins I like to get key chains for each one. I bought this Funko demogorgon key chain on eBay.

15AA7E39-5387-4E03-A358-80AC96CE1541 (resized).jpeg15AA7E39-5387-4E03-A358-80AC96CE1541 (resized).jpeg59B963AE-FF07-4E33-9868-61EB20C6BF91 (resized).jpeg59B963AE-FF07-4E33-9868-61EB20C6BF91 (resized).jpeg

#6904 3 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Sounds amazing it’s going to be a great morning. I have a few of those same mods. I would really like the UV kit in before Xmas so I might give it a shot tomorrow night. Mine came with the shaker. I’m glad your happy with the decision, I know everyone here is going to crap their pants.

I would definitely try to get it in. Took a little bit of time to get it in. One issue I had was putting in the UV lights on the right ramp. The supplied screws did not thread in for me.

The hole was a bit off on the thread and I ended up stripping the screw. I had some odds and ends screws and found one that worked. The left side screwed in just fine.

#6905 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Same thing I do, and same demo as well.

I thought the demo keychain was perfect. Wasn’t very much but worth it.

#6909 3 years ago

I am so glad Colorado Exchange fixed and dialed in the demogorgon. Glad I bought the demo unit from them and saved $500 and also a bunch of headaches.

#6920 3 years ago

Added shaker effects for bashing the Demogorgon.
- Added bigger shaker effects for killing a Demogorgon.

This alone is a huge update for me!! Now back to the garage and one more thing to do for Christmas to get ST ready for the family. Very happy with this update. Thanks Stern for sticking with this under appreciated and great game.

#6922 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I feel kinda terrible. I just picked up the game before 1.0 dropped, now this. And I added a shaker today! You guys have stuck with it, and I'm late to the party but super happy.

I am late also and just bought it and it’s been sitting in my garage since beginning of the month waiting for Christmas Day.

#6924 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

You’ll love it

I already do. Played on route were the ball kept getting stuck on the demogorgon every time pretty much and still love it. Chose this over AFM. My kids do not know I got it.

#6929 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You’re about to be the best parent ever! Haha.

HA! Your very kind. I appreciate that. Started collecting last year and definitely hooked. I can’t believe prior to starting collecting last pins I played was when I was a kid in the 1970’s and I still remember the sound of the chimes.

#6937 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Thought I’d check out a quick game to see the differences. Ended with the GC of 1.2B. Not sure if it was the beer, code or Saturn in alignment with Jupiter.
Shaker is bananas. Very well integrated. Where’s Barb has some fun text. A few other differences I won’t spoil.
Good times and happy holidays everyone!

So you saw a big improvement in the shaker use with the new code update? That’s really good to hear. I am not going to try it so I can have some surprise for Christmas Day. Getting ready to go install the code after the computer is done transferring to my USB drive.

#6938 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

One of the best things about owning Grand Prix is all my kids friends parents come over and they remember it from the arcades when they were kids. They play it constantly when they are over.

That’s what memories are for and getting to relive them is simply awesome.

#6940 3 years ago
Quoted from Bzamborski:

Does it take forever to extract update or is it just me?

Takes forever. I am inside the house while it’s updating in the garage. It’s cold outside. It’s in the garage because it’s waiting for Santa to bring it in on Christmas day

#6943 3 years ago

I am shocked they dropped a new code update this fast from 1.0. I can’t wait to see if the shaker is used well with demogorgon mode. Can anyone verify this?

I wanted to try it after I updated but I want to wait for Christmas. I feel like a kid again lol. Never thought I would be this excited for a pin that is based on a show I have not even watched yet.

#6948 3 years ago
Quoted from JDub03:

Just uploaded and played several games and the Final Showdown feature. The shaker is used more. But this is my first Spike game with one. My Metallica would shake the glass with intensity. The entire machine shake like crazy. I feel more rumbles in every mode they listed (my intensity is set on high). It will probably me my last Stern with a shaker but it is better than previous code.

Glad to hear the shaker is put to better use. Looking forward to playing it. Thanks for letting me know.

#6949 3 years ago

Still, that’s a pretty kickass update. Funny how we were just talking about the shaker not doing much and now it’s fixed.

That is funny we were talking about it and now it’s fixed. Let’s start talking about the topper now!!

#6950 3 years ago

Oh...
Still, that’s a pretty kickass update. Funny how we were just talking about the shaker not doing much and now it’s fixed.

Funny we were talking about it. Now let’s start talking about the topper.

#6973 3 years ago
Quoted from Break8ers:

Check your pitch---my guess is you need an adjustment. How does the level look for starters?

This

#6975 3 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

Yes, I need a topper. Thinking about having Lior make one... Would be cool to have a stern topper that was interactive though.

An interactive topper would be great. Maybe a demogorgon that reacts to the demogorgon mode??

#6982 3 years ago

Christmas finally here and ST in the house and the family loves it. I added blue LEDs to the back. Pics are darker than it actually is. I think they look much better than the white. Shaker definitely better with the new code update.

26D8B563-6D67-4627-9EE0-1D381EC04A2B (resized).jpeg26D8B563-6D67-4627-9EE0-1D381EC04A2B (resized).jpeg77328AF0-E6EC-4AF4-A2E9-F844132D151E (resized).jpeg77328AF0-E6EC-4AF4-A2E9-F844132D151E (resized).jpegDC4365BD-FF2F-4DFC-BF0D-D6F6487D2596 (resized).jpegDC4365BD-FF2F-4DFC-BF0D-D6F6487D2596 (resized).jpegEC775F6D-09E5-435B-804C-1C3F08A2D177 (resized).jpegEC775F6D-09E5-435B-804C-1C3F08A2D177 (resized).jpeg

#6985 3 years ago

Would be nice if in the next code update us pro owners could have the balls actually lock on the left ramp. Then for me the game would be near perfect.

#6989 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

The Pro is designed to hold the ball monetarily and then release.

I wish it would just hold them all once ball lock is activated. Simple code update would definitely take care of that. Maybe one day. If it doesn’t no huge deal. Still love the game and glad it’s in my home. I need to start watching the show and get deeper into the rules and modes.

#6992 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

They’d have to change the way the lock optos work. They’d have to add two more. Also would have to make sure balls would bounce back and come back down the ramp.

That’s right. Totally forgot about that.

#6993 3 years ago

If they did that then you couldn't advance the modes for the ramp. I think the ball lock works well now for the pro. The tk lock on the le is really what you want.
Had a pretty good game last night lol. I'm not consistent at all though. I'm player one and two.
[quoted image]

I really didn’t think it through other than wishful thinking. Your totally right. Great new high score. I am no where even close to that.

#7024 3 years ago

Kinda glad I went with the pro. Hopefully you get yours dialed in. The family just loves the game. Waiting to play a Led Zeppelin before I decide to buy one or not.

8B8497B2-46B3-4083-8BFF-145C2B4306C9 (resized).jpeg8B8497B2-46B3-4083-8BFF-145C2B4306C9 (resized).jpeg
#7059 3 years ago
Quoted from palacekeeper:

Okay I turned up TK lock power all the way, and the flippers were already at 255, which I assume must be the default. I also tightened the nut at the base of the deflector rod, which did seem less snug than it should have been. The deflector seems more sturdy now.
It seems at this point that if you get a ball going up the ramp with good speed, it hits the wall. But, if you get one of those times where the ball is not going as fast up the ramp, it sometimes does not have enough juice to make it onto the wall. I would assume there must be times when it won't go simply because of not enough momentum - just like those one-offs where the ball only goes halfway up the ramp because it was not a direct shot. I'll try it out again tomorrow when its cold again to see how it goes.
In the meantime, does anyone have the link for the flipper fans that you all recommend? Might as well get that going. Thanks!

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1170-pin-monk/04203-tibetan-breeze-flipper-coil-cooling-kit-spike

#7062 3 years ago

No problem!!
I have not bought them yet. I have not noticed any issues with my flippers.

#7079 3 years ago

Thanks for the additional tips. I will say that when I removed the shim (washer) in testing, the locks went to almost never, so in my case moving the ramp forward is definitely needed. Without that step, the back wall actually sticks out past the ramp.
I think I have the height and width about right, but I could narrow the width another 1/32". I'll go back to that if it still needs some improvement in future testing. Right now I'm at 25/32".
I waxed the balls but did not think of waxing the diverter. I'll give that a try - interesting.
I also plan to order the UV kit, and I have the art blades on the way. And I guess I'll be adding the fans too, soon.
Quick question: should I wait for the UV kit to install both the art blades and UV kit at the same time? Or are they totally separate procedures to where I can install the blades now and UV kit later?

I did art blades first because I got them first. I would do the art blades now. It’s not hard but can be a pain in the neck because of lack of space between the sides of cabinet and playfield when trying to get the art blades level and in the right position. I don’t enjoy doing them tbh.

I did mirror blades on my Monster Bash remake, Powerbladez on my Black Knight SOR premium, and Stern art blades for Stranger Things. Didn’t want to go to the extra trouble by removing the playfield since I did well on the first try and so on. But each time I did it I wished I removed the playfield.

#7109 3 years ago

Just glad I have my trouble free pro to play. Sorry you premium owners are having such issues.

#7159 3 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

Added some lights today. I tried blacklights first, but they just weren't bright enough. May need ro rearrange a few games to avoid the Christmas colors.
[quoted image][quoted image]

green and red definitely do not go well together other than Christmas. Anyway to turn the intensity down on the lights.

#7163 3 years ago

I am so glad I went with the pro. Bought a demo unit from Colorado Game Exchange with 1900 plays on it and have had no issues thankfully.

Sorry you premium/LE owners are having TK and demogorgon problems. Mine had a 12/19 build date also.

I added blue LEDs in the back after removing the white ones. Highly recommended it. It’s not as dark as in the pics.

0876231A-DD46-40E8-93DD-7B17ED5CFAC9 (resized).jpeg0876231A-DD46-40E8-93DD-7B17ED5CFAC9 (resized).jpeg
#7213 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

That sounds freaking cool. I've been having a few sneaking thoughts of upgrading my pro to a premium, and that certainly doesn't help resist. Then I read a few more TK lock issue posts and help bring that back down...LOL.
Just for fun consider this a feeler for anyone with a premium (or LE depending on $$) that would rather have a pro and some cash. Road trip/meeting distance from WI. Not sure I'd go through with it, but let's discuss if that interests anyone.

Enjoy and keep your pro if your happy and it’s working. I have the pro and glad I went with it. The extras that come with the premium and extra headaches wasn’t worth it to me.

#7214 3 years ago
Quoted from Trevorlawson500:

Any word on toppers yet for this machine?

Nothing that I have heard. I am wondering also.

#7217 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

GOD I LOVE THIS GAME. IDk, IT’S LIKE METH! JUST ONE MORE GAME

Very underrated game. I got my pro for the family for Christmas and it’s our favorite pin so far.

#7230 3 years ago

No way can I buy the topper right now blindly. Especially at $599. I don’t even like to buy a pin without playing let alone a topper that I haven’t even seen pictures of. That makes no sense to me. At least cointaker has a great option if Sterns doesn’t pan out.

#7237 3 years ago
Quoted from Flash71:

Why wouldn’t it “pan out” ?? Codes in place on last two updates. It’s going to happen and it’s going to be badass.

your really making a big assumption it’s going to be badass.

#7238 3 years ago
Quoted from Johny111:

Hi Guys, sorry if it’s been asked 100 times but would you suggest getting a premium over a pro? I would have the UV kit on both but note sure if projector is worth the extra?

Bought the pro and zero regrets. Too many issues with the TK ball lock. I didn’t like the look of the projector white on the ramps and where the ramp is. For me not worth the extra money and those two extras don’t add to the game over the pro for me and wasn’t worth the extra cost. Got a demo pro for $5300 shipped with warranty.

#7248 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

$600? Would have to be way cooler than the black knight and I don't see that happening.

It’s going to be tough to equal or top the BK topper. I love it and it looks great and the flame effects with the helmet moving plus the SR call outs is a home run.

#7268 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

To each their own, but I couldn't disagree more. Yes, it's a pain to dial in the TK lock (mine's not currently dialed in) but it is a really cool effect. But beyond that, the projector is next level in terms of the visual engagement. I can't imagine going back to the static building (or whatever the screen image is on the Pro) now that we've played the Premium. My wife has never seen the Pro and I explained to her what the difference was and she (who doesn't give a shit about pinball other than playing casual games) couldn't imagine giving up the projector.
I get you're happy with the Pro, and that's cool. I'm not trying to bigtime anyone who opts for the Pro. But to anyone debating which model to buy, I can't suggest the Premium (or LE I guess) enough. With this game in particular, the projector is so central to every second of the immersion of the game that I can't imagine having the Pro over the Premium.
Plus the new add-a-ball feature sounds pretty cool as another distinguishing feature.

Can agree to disagree but the add a ballTK lock, and projector to me doesn’t add $2200 of fun. I bought a nice dialed in demo unit for $5399 shipped vs $7599 for a NIB premium. Static image is fine for me and I found the projector distracting.

#7291 3 years ago
Quoted from Joeymonkey:

I kind of did that. I kept my deposit and opted to get my GNR later in the year. If two pins show up at my house at once I would be in big trouble! I really struggled with the decision, but I wanted Stranger Things first! The theme is really calling me. (Although truth be told, not sure my GNR will ever make it. I only have room for 3 pins and I am lusting after a JP now that i've tried it.)

Play JP a few more times. I fell in love with it at first when I tried it, but after more plays on it, took it off my want list. Give yourself some space from the initial wow factor and try it again. If you still love it get it.

The family and I decided to make Elvira Houses of Horrors are next pin. At first I didn’t care for it but then gave it a chance and played it with the latest code update and we all love it. We get the same wow factor and one more game each time we play it. Put a deposit down for one and hopefully Stern comes through.

Bought Stranger Things pro for the family for Christmas and it’s are favorite pin. Now waiting for Godzilla.

#7356 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Looking for a volunteer to take pictures of these cards installed in their machines in exchange for a free set. The first person to respond to this thread (no PMs please, because I get flooded with PMs when I offer these) will get the set.
Thanks!
3D Simulated-
[quoted image]

I would buy these for sure. They are awesome!

#7372 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Thanks, apparently a lot of people like them... I have sold 7 sets since I posted them... That's crazy, and awesome all at the same time.
I don't like to spam the forums, and keep everything in my own thread, but since I get a lot of PMs asking how to buy, just go to my pinside shop and find the cards you like and go through the checkout process so Robin gets his cut!
Thanks again everyone, glad you like them!
My thread where I display new designs-
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lenticular-apron-cards#post-5955894
My shop on pinside-
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1289-youbentmywookie

Will order now. Thank you! Any plans on doing BKSOR premium or EHOH premium?

#7373 3 years ago
Quoted from Hasi:

Added Dart to my game.
I think he fits fine.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

How did you mount it? Looks great!

#7383 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Bk, probably not at this point.. Elvira, almost definitely... Have a cool 3d swirl design I think would be really cool.

Ok great. Hopefully getting Elvira this year if Stern comes through with my deposit.

#7384 3 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

I bought mine last week from chicago.. Pinball Life i think. Try them. Absolute must have.

Pinball life is sold out. No longer on their website

#7385 3 years ago
Quoted from SpinnerAddict:

I picked mine up from cointaker. Check their site, I believe they had more

Cointaker has it in stock

https://cointaker.com/products/stranger-things-uv-lighting-kit

#7391 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I have a lermods spinning sign and DigDug I pulled from my game if anyone is interested in buying them as a pair.

How come you pulled them? For me it just looks out of place with the overall design and artwork of the playfield. Just my opinion. Good luck with your sale.

#7410 3 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Here's a question for pro owners. Does the static decal on the fold down ramp have UV art hidden in it?

No it does not

#7449 3 years ago

has anyone ordered the demogorgon ramp decal from cointaker? I was thinking about adding that.

I bought it and so worth it. Really makes the ramp look so much better. The sticker over the rivets do not bother me at all.

#7479 3 years ago

Now that I have been playing ST pro since Christmas I thought I would share my thoughts. I am running the Cleland mod and it definitely added to improving the game for me and also the UV kit.

I am still trying to dial in my shots to hit the ramps and orbits. I truly love this game. I play at least 8 games or more a night. I usually stop because the family wants to get to sleep or my wrist start hurting.

For me this is way better than AFM, which we were debating on getting a SE remake. I am so glad I played AFM again after putting some time on ST at an arcade. I am glad I went with a demo pro dialed in for $5399 shipped. For me the extra $2300 was not worth the cost to get a premium.

Right now it’s my family’s and my favorite pin. Even my autistic son who is not a big pinball player loves it. He like EHOH more which we are getting and on the deposit wait list.

Hitting the demogorgon is more satisfying than hitting the UFO on AFM. It’s even better now with the code update that actually making the shaker do something in the game and with the UV lights going when you hit it. Pure fun.

I am far from getting wizard mode or beating it because I am still learning to be a better player. Started pinball in 2019 but In September 2020 was my first Stern NIB purchase with BKSOR premium and my first NIB was MBr SE back in August 2020 hence looking at AFMr.

I have zero regrets and want to thank those who helped me in this group. This game deserves so much more praise than the hate it receives. But their loss missing out on a great pin. I haven’t even watched one episode of the show.

Now waiting for EHOH and eventually Godzilla. Going to try LZ tomorrow at the arcade to celebrate my 50th birthday. Family, pinball, video games, presents, cake, and a steak dinner. Doesn’t get better than that.

#7492 3 years ago

Is it worth downloading the new 1.02 update? I have Clelands sound mod. I have a pro and running 1.01 code from December.

#7497 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

For sure. The demo bomb is really fun and adds more strategy to the game.

Thanks Chuck. I just read the read me file. That’s so cool they finally are utilizing the lock down bar button. I am so glad we are getting code updates that make this game even better. Feel bad for all the haters who didn’t give this game a chance. I love this game.

#7499 3 years ago

Got this from my wife and kids today for my 50th birthday. They had it made. I am so blessed.

9565EBE5-312C-44CF-92C6-BF0724A32810 (resized).jpeg9565EBE5-312C-44CF-92C6-BF0724A32810 (resized).jpeg
#7501 3 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

That’s so cool on many different levels...Happy B-Day

Thank you!! I am still in shock.

#7507 3 years ago
Quoted from Flash71:

Happy Birthday! I just turned 50 in January as well. Getting up there.

Happy belated birthday to you also! Can’t believe I am at 50 now. Still feel like a kid in the mind, body no lol.

#7516 3 years ago
Quoted from apessino:

I ordered a NIB Premium and the UV kit yesterday - I am told the kits should be back in stock next week. Looking forward to receiving both.

UV kit so worth it. Congrats!

#7525 3 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

So I can update my game with his card in it and it will be okay just won’t work the way it does now?

I bought a onn. 16GB Class 10 U1 SDHC Flash Memory Card at Walmart for $5.74 and works great for the cleland mod. No issues

B41BC039-9D73-4C93-9463-BF423517FC96 (resized).pngB41BC039-9D73-4C93-9463-BF423517FC96 (resized).png

#7545 3 years ago

So glad I have a demo pro that was dialed in right out of the box. Can’t imagine premium owners frustrations.

#7568 3 years ago

What’s the over under that we will hear something about the topper by spring or sooner?

#7574 3 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

New trans light for my pro. Much better. Took almost two months in transit from the UK.
[quoted image]

How much was it? Looks great.

#7576 3 years ago
Quoted from blowback1976:

Same one I have in mine. Retro refurbs has a few. Around $90 US:
https://www.retrorefurbs.com/?s=Stranger+things+&post_type=product

Awesome. Thank you!

1 week later
#7753 3 years ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

Hope you guys won't mind me butting in on your Stranger Things party. I played one at a distributor a few weeks ago and fell in love. Problem is that I'm only allowed to have three games at a time, happy wife, happy life. Just thought I'd throw this out there if there's anyone on the West Coast who has a premium and maybe has gotten bored with it or is just interested in mixing things up. I can't let go of my Sopranos, and Led Zeppelin is brand new (and the wife went halfsies with me on it), so here's my offer. I have a players condition Funhouse, all works 100%, LED lights, NVRAM upgrade, new CPU board, extra set of cabinet decals. I'd be willing to throw in up to $3,000 cash, plus my Funhouse if someone has a Stranger Things premium with UV kit to trade.

Did you get a LZ pro? How do you like it? ST definitely a great addition and I have a pro and I love it. It’s my favorite pin.

#7793 3 years ago
Quoted from haveaniceswim:

Hey Club. I’ll be joining you soon. Can you help me decide between the Pro and Premium? I’ve only played the Pro.
I really want the Premium for the obvious reasons (way cooler tech than the Pro), but I really don’t like to play pins in the dark. I have 63 year old eyes that see the ball much better in a well lit room. I have a MMR and never play it with the room lights off because I can’t follow the ball with just the GI lighting of the machine.
Does playing the Premium in a well lit room destroy the projection effects of the Premium? Same question about the UV kit, although I could still have that with the Pro if I want.
Thanks for your help!!!

Bought a pro for the family for Christmas and love it. The premium is cool but for me did not add much to the gameplay for the cost other than projector, shaking demogorgon, and getting the TK lock dialed in and working looks to be an on going issue and a PIA.

You will not be disappointed in the pro at all and with the UV kit it rocks. You haven’t played the premium like me so not missing anything. For your situation the pro is the best option and it is still an awesome game.

#7811 3 years ago

I love my pro and you can’t go wrong with it either. For me the premium was not worth the extra money. I was able to score a demo unit with 1900 plays for $5399 shipped with full warranty. I couldn’t justify the extra $2300 for the premium. Able to put that towards EHOH for the next and probably last run.

#7814 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

This might be considered a silly post, but do we not have an agreed on abbreviation for Stranger Things?
Every time I see "ST" I think of Star Trek and wonder why that pin is being brought up in a Stranger Things owners thread.
....or Starship Troopers.

Figured I would use ST since it’s in a Stranger Things post/discussion.

#7816 3 years ago
Quoted from Joeymonkey:

Thank you to all for the great suggestions. So many games! I can’t wait to be able to freely travel and find some bars and arcades to try all these games. IM and EHOH are pretty intriguing choices. Watched a few streams and I want to try both! In the non-Stern category, has anyone played Total Nuclear Annihilation, or Alien? I find both of those interesting but worry about buying a game from a small company for finding parts later on down the line.
Oh, and I’ve been using STh as I’ve seen it and makes sense.

IM is a fun pin, but I am not a big fan of the band so not I’m my collection. Elvira is my favorite pin so far and I put a deposit down for one. My family also loves it. ST pro is the favorite in my collection so far. My daughters played TNA and they didn’t care for it. Definitely try before you buy. But if you can find a place to put a deposit down for EHOH do it, I would be that without even playing.

#7819 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

On the subject of abbreviations, IM is IronMan
I think Maiden is IMDN

That’s right. What does the DN stand for?

#7822 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Nothing. MDN stands for Maiden.

I am an idiot. Now I get it. Thanks Chuck!!

#7849 3 years ago

When will we hear anything about the topper?

#7873 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

This is weird. I haven't seen anything on the topper either but just talked to my distro and he's like "oh yeah they made some and sold out, they will make more soon". I asked him what it looked like and he said it's the xmas light/letters.
I'm thinking he may have seen prototype pics but I sure can't find ANYTHING about it.

Your distributor doesn’t know what he’s talking about apparently. No way they sold out and not one pic out there. One would have at least ended up in a pinsider’s hands. If it’s Christmas lights will probably get cointaker s one depending on Sterns price.

#7874 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Hopefully the Topper is not the xmas lights. That would be pretty lame imo. Hopefully they incorporate the UV lighting with the topper.

Especially since Cointaker sells one already. They should do the demogorgon and have it interact when you are in demogorgon mode. Have it shake or move when you hit it and then a cool UV light show when it’s defeated like on the playfield.

#7909 3 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

I finally broke down and bought the Stern UV kit today. I normally stay away from all the extra bling on my pins but man this one got me lol. I can’t wait to experience it in person.

IMO it is a must have. Still loving my pro with Clelands sound mod.

#7912 3 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Did he update to the new code?

He did and added the Clash to TK MB

#7921 3 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I need to get this. Any idea on the download link?

Message him and he will send it to you

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-cleland-sound-mod

#7948 3 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

This is correct, I took out the Clash - Should I Stay or Should I Go. It just felt wedged in that mode and not right.

I love it and still glad you put it in. Even my kids love it. My daughter was so excited when she got TK multiball and heard the Clash. As was I.

#7949 3 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

Sometimes when the Demogorgon shot is lit and ready, when the shot is hit it doe not register. I remember reading something awhile back about this. Has there been a fix for this yet? I have a PRO.

Some shots are not registered on my pro. It’s ok for me, still love this game so much !

#8008 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Can someone let me know who they are buying NIB pins from? I always thought you could get them slightly cheaper if you call, but everyone is quoting me the advertised prices.
Sorry off topic

Bought 2 NIB from Evan from Orange County Pinball’s

https://www.orangecountypinballs.com/new-pinball-machines?page=3

And a demo Stranger Things pro from Colorado Game Exchange

#8026 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Was the price lower then advertised? He has Hotwheels 1k more then everyone else

I didn’t pay more for mine. His Hot Wheels is probably on his location and he usually charges more. Mine were shipped directly from Stern and CGC.

#8027 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

When your desperate you buy from this place other than that stay away, :/

I wasn’t desperate and I didn’t over pay for my Monster Bash SE or BKSOR premium. His price for MB shipped was better than other places I looked. He Didn’t charge tax. But yeah his pins he has for sale are crazy high. I have a deposit with him for EHOH and paying MSRP plus Sterns $500 price increase.

#8133 3 years ago

Ordered Billy’s Camaro from Target $14.99 and Hopper’s Blazer at Walmart $12.99. My wife thought it was a great idea to add them to the game.

#8134 3 years ago
Quoted from Rocco:

The set will be available to buy soon. There will be a complete set for all white areas with extra targets stickers. More details will follow soon.
I assembled the Hopper and Billy car with a sheet metal. The cars each have a hole at the bottom where the sheet metal is fastened with one screw and the other screw is attached to the ramp. I'll take a picture of it next time .[quoted image][quoted image]

Ordered the cars and would love to see the sheet metal piece you fabricated. Thanks!!

#8173 3 years ago
Quoted from EchoVictor:

Joining the club soon! Picking up my brother's buddy's sweet Pro with UV kit and less than 200 plays....

I was able to find both cars at reasonable prices ($7.95 each) here;
https://www.diecastdirect.com/category/s?keyword=stranger+things
Only bummer was $7.95 shipping. Still, wound up only being $12 per vehicle, which isn't that bad compared to what I'm seeing on eBay.
Later,
EV

Target has Billies Camaro $14.99 and Walmart has Hoppers Blazer $12.95with free shipping. That’s were I got mine. Ordered the other day.

#8241 3 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Hey Chuck
I am looking at a nib build date of dec 2019...is that an ok build?
Thanks
Kyle

I have a pro from Dec 2019 and bought it with 1900 plays on it. Was a demo and I have not had any problems. Worked great from day one for me. Some dimples of course but it’s a game that hits metal balls all over the playfield lol.

#8298 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That’s just how this game is. It’s more subtle.

It’s much better since they coded it to shake when you hit the demogorgon. Definitely made a great improvement to the game for me. Initially regretted buying it prior to the code update.

#8299 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Ah! It looked like you laid it down straight outta the box. Getting the machine from the box onto 4 legs is the only part of the NIB experience consistently do not appreciate.

Definitely makes it more difficult putting the legs on with it laying on the ground. But nothing like the NIB experience. Now waiting for EHOH.

#8328 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Man you guys suck.. You made me too excited about getting the game. My LE is sitting at the distro. I was going to pick it up once my UV Kit & SW Prem show up but now I just can't wait. Asked my distro to ship it to my local depot this morning. I'll have it before the week is done. It'll be my b'day present from me to me lol. Just sucks that the first few weeks will be without the UV kit.

Nice birthday present to yourself. Congrats!! I have a pro and love it! Got the cleland sound mod also. Definitely a must have.

#8345 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Struggling to decide between a sth pro and maiden pro for my fourth and final game.... I know I’m In a sth echo chamber but curious of what you think matches my collection best
SW prem
GnR SE
Deadpool pro

If you love the band get Maiden, if not I would get STh. For me to buy a music pin I need to love the band. But both are great pins. I considered Maiden but the wife didn’t like the band enough to even consider it, but she does enjoy playing it on route.

#8346 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No more repetitive than the AFM saucer.
The modes make STH different than AFM. And STH is more brutal and keeps you coming back.

My wife, family, and I prefer STh over AFM. We were going to buy AFM then decided to get STh. AFM just felt boring once we played STh. We went back and played AFM again to make sure and we just didn’t like it as much

#8376 3 years ago
Quoted from Flipper-airbrush:

We made a Stranger topper limited to 50 pcs
We have 8 topper left.
The last ones
Price is 739.- euro with normal shipping to USA
799.- euro with express shipping to USA
If some are interested. Sent me a Pm
No problem with machines on the wall, we test the rotation

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

PM sent

#8401 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You turned your game up to 30?!? Haha. I love my games loud and my game has never been higher than 18. Haha

30 definitely would cause my wife to yell at me. Hell, even my kids would yell at me. I couldn’t imagine playing it at 30 or anywhere near that lol.

#8517 3 years ago

Anyone pick this topper up? If Sterns is going to be the same thing but more than twice the price, who thinks this is a good option. I can’t believe we haven’t seen the topper yet from Stern. Not even one picture.

092E5C0D-C6ED-40B1-925B-2C656E03B43F (resized).jpeg092E5C0D-C6ED-40B1-925B-2C656E03B43F (resized).jpeg
#8519 3 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Appears to have been removed from Laseriffic website.

Mezelmods has it in stock(made to order)

https://mezelmods.com/products/stranger-things-pinball-topper?variant=32629798731873

#8521 3 years ago
Quoted from MadMaxDad:

Is the ‘alphabet wall’ something that is/could be licensed? Is there a problem making toppers with a similar image (not cut and paste from the show) ?

That’s a good question. Anyone have an answer?

#8523 3 years ago

So where’s the topper? I am thinking I will I’ll just get the laseriffic topper, especially if Stern is making the same thing at double the price.

3178BA90-F4CA-427B-B12D-118155BFC9FC (resized).jpeg3178BA90-F4CA-427B-B12D-118155BFC9FC (resized).jpeg
#8529 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Sterns will be more than double that price I’m sure. I hear it’s more like JP and Avengers than Munsters or black knight.

Thank wish they would just give an update already. Crazy it’s taking this long. Too bad it’s not similar to munsters or black knight.

#8532 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Considering a blessing. Every day that goes by is a day without you dropping 1000 on a piece of shit topper.

HA!! True.

#8534 3 years ago
Quoted from JDub03:

I am guessing it will be like JP or Avengers, an expensive piece of plexiglass that has light interaction with the playfield based on the code updates. I am "hoping" for a mind flayer and something unique to give this game one final push as it is being retired from their line.

Will just get the laseriffic one then.

#8543 3 years ago

What coil stops are a good replacement? I have worked on older pins but never had to work on new Sterns. Thanks

#8545 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Pinball life. I’ve never had an issue with theirs.

Great. Thanks Chuck

#8596 3 years ago

Have Billies Camaro and Hoppers Bronco. How are you guys mounting it and I want to add some LEDs and tie into the flashers on the ramps. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#8626 3 years ago

Basically anything clear that is removable. I used clear command strips amazon.com link »

Thanks for your reply. Anyone add LEDs to the vehicles by tying into the flasher lights on the ramps?

#8634 3 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Double sided gel tape is a typical tool used to secure it. If you buy the camaro mod, it comes attached to a 3d printed base with a mounting hole. The pre-made Blazer and camaro mods also have the Led lights and headlights
amazon.com link »
Here's where I mounted mine
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for the reply. I need to add LEDs to both. Will try to come up with a base with o mount it. Couldn’t bring myself to pay the money for the mod when I got the cars for $13 each.

#8635 3 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Did you see these at cointaker?[quoted image]

I bought the cointaker art blades and added blue LEDs to the back and think it looks great. It’s not as dark as in the pics.

6161F47D-966A-4976-8D40-410B37450AE8 (resized).jpeg6161F47D-966A-4976-8D40-410B37450AE8 (resized).jpeg
#8652 3 years ago
Quoted from Batedogg:

It is hard to take good pics in UV, but I bought a set of uv reactive markers from Amazon and highlighted the edges of Billy's camaro. Looks pretty neat when the upside down mode starts! I'm still waiting to see if the ink lasts, though.
[quoted image]

Nice!!

#8658 3 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Now I just wish someone would make/sell some bases for both vehicles!

Exactly! Someone with a 3D printer needs to make one.

#8669 3 years ago

The mounts they came with were more than enough for me. Curious where you all want to put them that would require something else

So you just used the mounts that came with the cars themselves? I didn’t buy the ones already modded. I bought mine directly from target and Walmart. Only mount in it was the plastic piece that secured it to the cardboard. That wouldn’t work.

#8672 3 years ago
Quoted from JWE:

I used the mount that came with the car. Added clear tape and no problem.

I am looking to mount it using the ramp screws near the flashers towards the front. I want to tie in LEDs to the flashers. I just haven’t looked into it yet.

#8674 3 years ago
Quoted from JWE:

Sounds good. I used the original mount with clear tape and tied in the LEDs in Hoppers truck to one of lights on the back panel assy.

Do you have a link to the LEDs you used? I am kinda new to modding and using LEDs. I am 50 lol and got into pinball in 2019, so still a work in progress lol.

#8676 3 years ago

I got mine from Amazon and used the plastic cardboard mounts that came with it. I think I had to dremel the screws shorter but that was about it. Once I put it back together I used clear command strips to mount on the ramps. Simple, clean, and non destructive

Ok cool. Thanks for explaining. Appreciate it.

#8689 3 years ago
Quoted from JWE:

I used the LEDs and connectors from Comet Pinball.
https://www.cometpinball.com/products/lighting-strips

Thank you so much! What length did you get and color? I am thinking UV.

#8700 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Holy Balls...Powder coat incoming.
[quoted image]

How much did that set you back? Pics please once assembled. Looks great!

#8739 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Finally got the courage to install my art blades. Not as bad as I expected. Definitely worth the time to pull PF
[quoted image]

I did mirror blades on MBr, Powerbladez on BKSOR, and art blades on STh. Each time I said I would pull the playfield out and I didn’t. Felt like more work to do so and I didn’t want to mess anything up, but during and after each install I was cursing.

#8773 3 years ago

So is the infinity lights going to be a part of the topper which I think it is, or is that there just to obscure the image and have the topper reflecting in it in order to take the pic? My guess there will be 3 demagorgan one larger in the center flanked by two others, lights on the topper will come on when you start a Demagorgan mode. Possibly UV lights come on during upside down mode revealing different artwork.

$799 my guess for price.

#8776 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No UV lights unfortunately.

Well that’s stupid. When do you think the official reveal will be?

#8778 3 years ago

Why was the topper release delayed so much? Poor initial reaction to the game and sales?

#8782 3 years ago
Quoted from Nazz26:

Hopefully this topper will be over the top. Kinda like the BKsor topper. When Stern announced that topper many people said they would buy the game just for the topper. Now that BKsor topper is selling for $1500 to $2500. CraZy!!

I bought the BKSOR topper before I bought the game. It’s an awesome topper and game. Hopefully the STh topper is really awesome and worth the wait.

#8810 3 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

They can’t release it or even promotional materials without explicit sign off and consent from Netflix for each thing.
Netflix doesn’t give consent/sign off until their lawyers and several other departments review and sign off.

Damn that took forever. Zeppelin topper came out for preorder soon after game went up for preorder and shipped.

#8811 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Finally officially joined the club! Pin looks so much better in person. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats! I got a pro and still love it. Favorite pin in my collection for the family, at least till Elvira arrives.

#8847 3 years ago

I mentioned about UV lighting, do I win anything Chuck??
The demagorgans look like they were made by laseriffic. Not a fan. Too cartoony for a pin with photorealistic artwork. Don’t hate it but not thrilled.

#8854 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It has UV lighting in it? I didn’t see any. Plus that wasn’t the contest.

It does. At the 27 second mark, and I was just joking.

#8858 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I think that’s just purple. No UV per the ad from stern.

At least it t looks UV anyway. Thanks!

#8868 3 years ago

Got the last one

A9167CA3-8CD8-4CFF-8E96-CD83FE503213 (resized).pngA9167CA3-8CD8-4CFF-8E96-CD83FE503213 (resized).png

D67487D0-4E54-4F81-8FC7-21DC0E916DEC (resized).pngD67487D0-4E54-4F81-8FC7-21DC0E916DEC (resized).png

#8873 3 years ago
Quoted from Nazz26:

my distributor receptionist said she will send me the invoice via email tomorrow. Fingers crossed..

Goodluck! I just wish they went with realistic images for the demagorgan Would have been much better IMO.

#8875 3 years ago
Quoted from Nazz26:

Thnx. Yes true. But then Stern would have charged $1049.

HA! Probably right.
F9F4F351-3881-4395-8ED8-905C083A8A2D (resized).jpegF9F4F351-3881-4395-8ED8-905C083A8A2D (resized).jpeg

#8880 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It cracks me up how Cary Hardy is trying his hardest to see how the infinity mirror fits into the theme of Stranger Things using really obtuse logic from episodes to shoehorn it in when the REASON it fits is those were popular in the 1980s where the show is set. Think Space Invaders pinball and Hankin's Empire Strikes Back Pinball. Both came out around the beginning of 1980 and feature the effect, but it was not uncommon to see infinity mirrors in the 1980s in general. I believe there were some arcade games that had it, too.

I saw that. I had a jukebox from the 80’s and it had infinity mirrors on it. He had to find something to hate about it.

#8881 3 years ago

When do you think the toppers will ship? Do they ship to and then from the distributor to us?

#8889 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Because all he does is talk shit. He’s the type of guy who would endlessly hate on Stranger Things but pay 8k for Attack From Mars. Wish he would just stick to his restoration videos but of course they get less views than the ones where tears apart the hobby that he supposedly enjoys.

Was going to get AFMr then gave STh a chance. I still haven’t watched the show mind you, and totally digged the game. My kids and wife didn’t at first because they love the show, kinda like people who read the book but hate the movie because stuff was left out. The pro on route we played was not set up well at all and the ball constantly got stuck by the demagorgan.

They started playing it and really got into it. We all went back to a different location and played AFMr se and the kids and I agreed to pass on AFM and get STh. Best choice we made. AFM looks great but just felt boring after playing STh.

They are definitely similar but for me STh wins, especially now the code is great and the topper will be a nice edition to it. Love it he infinity mirror and hope the demagorgan artwork looks better in person.

#8894 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

He lost me with STh. He became laughable when he called LZ a jukebox with flippers. Just go work for JJP already...

To be honest there are many who feel that way. It kinda is. I am a huge Led Zeppelin fan and that pin was a letdown for me. But he hasn’t played STh since all the code updates and he should. It’s the same for EHOH, it was not liked much at all in the beginning and new code brought it to life.

#8904 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

It's really a great game. I'm not disappointed at all. Again, I think a bunch of haters weighed in on the game that never played it...and most of the were GnR buyers. STh went thru the same crap and it's another great game. There's a shit ton of negativity around here.

I played it and don’t have a GnR. It’s not a bad game, just was hoping for more since I have been a big fan of the band for decades. It’s not a bad pin by any means, but AC/DC and Metallica had better theme integration and felt like the bands pin. Just my opinion and glad your happy with it. Would like one one day but was not good enough to buy NIB for me.

#8906 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I don't want to get in a big thing about as you guys are clearly pissed. Personally I think at that price point you should not be able to see the actual strips. Of course you need to see the light. I am talking about the actual ugly strip with the spot that says cut here. I thought they could have put in a little effort, to tuck them away or use a diffuser. There is no reason for the ugly source of the light to be visible.

I have to agree with this. Could have used color changing LEDs lights with sockets instead of the strip. Still ordered it.

#8907 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

While I agree it's not cool to see the strip itself, making an EFFECTIVE infinity effect isn't easy. I know because of my late 70s jukebox that has it and trying to convert it to LEDs is difficult. Lights have to be very bright from 2 sides(front facing and back facing). If you diffuse it it doesn't work as well. Using RGB bulbs would have hidden the "wiring" but those just aren't as bright as the strip. It's a compromise.
Is it perfect? Hell no.
Is it good enough for me? Sure.. You just will never have your face 2 inches in front of the topper like that teaser pic.

Actually you don’t need lights behind or in front. My Rowe jukebox had infinity lights and only used incandescent lights in the front of the glass with the silver reflective film on the glass to create the infinity lights. It’s not hard at all to do it yourself with some nice super bright LEDs. Fairly easy and cheap process to do.

#8942 3 years ago
Quoted from palacekeeper:Just ordered the topper from cointaker.com. Back in January, I barely got my order submitted in time for the UV light kit. Don't want to risk missing out on the topper.
As an FYI, get 'em while they're hot. Melissa said they won't be taking backorders because they don't know yet whether Stern will do another run or not. So, cointaker has them on their site at the moment, but only the amount they were told they are getting from Stern. They are not actually in stock yet, but she expects to receive them in the next several days.

Great news that they will arrive soon and hopefully we receive the topper by the and of next week.

#9007 3 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

I’m with you..I have no problem playing a video mode and would love to see one on this pin.

I wouldn’t mind either. Video modes on DMD’s I didn’t care for too much, but did not hate it either. On an LCD display definitely makes it better.

#9031 3 years ago

Ok decided to put in two blue LED strips and mount my Billies Camaro. I was going to tie into the lower ramp flasher. I always thought flashers were 12v so ordered 12v comet LED strips. Well I guess it’s not 12v. Do not come on. I also tested them on the coin door light socket and no luck there either.

Tested lights on my Stern Dracula and monster bash remake coin door light and they work fine as do the red and blue in Hoppers Bronco. So any idea on where I can tie them into? I do have a 12v switching power supply and also a 12v backbox splitter.

90424971-ED38-407C-AFBF-759C4CCEB657 (resized).jpeg90424971-ED38-407C-AFBF-759C4CCEB657 (resized).jpegC9B73A01-F3E7-446A-B894-84B8CDA78245 (resized).jpegC9B73A01-F3E7-446A-B894-84B8CDA78245 (resized).jpegD6752138-B06D-473B-94D2-CB81BDE0C1EE (resized).jpegD6752138-B06D-473B-94D2-CB81BDE0C1EE (resized).jpeg9E8AA83C-A265-4BC3-AEEE-995ABAA58E40 (resized).jpeg9E8AA83C-A265-4BC3-AEEE-995ABAA58E40 (resized).jpegC845C920-B16E-49A4-B72D-CC1FB785289D (resized).jpegC845C920-B16E-49A4-B72D-CC1FB785289D (resized).jpeg

A15196AD-75C2-4651-92B6-9F347721F680 (resized).jpegA15196AD-75C2-4651-92B6-9F347721F680 (resized).jpeg
#9038 3 years ago

Ok decided to put in two blue LED strips and mount my Billies Camaro. I was going to tie into the lower ramp flasher. I always thought flashers were 12v so ordered 12v comet LED strips. Well I guess it’s not 12v. Do not come on. I also tested them on the coin door light socket and no luck there either.
Tested lights on my Stern Dracula and monster bash remake coin door light and they work fine as do the red and blue in Hoppers Bronco. So any idea on where I can tie them into? I do have a 12v switching power supply and also a 12v backbox splitter.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I need help. Or do I have to post a new thread in the forum to ask for help?

#9132 2 years ago

Any word on when the topper will ship?

#9134 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I love my pro. I do often think about the upgrade stuff, and even considered moving up. However, realistically it would be at least a $2k upgrade, and I can't quite justify it for no substantial play differences. $2k could get a real home theater projector, LOL. If the right deal ever worked itself out, I would likely do it, but right now the money difference is just to much. If I could do it for $1k, I probably would...but $2k is just too much to swallow for (mostly just) eye candy.
I do not regret the pro at all, but if I could go back and do it again, and money wasn't a concern, I would love a premium or especially an LE.

Totally agree. The up charge to a premium was not worth it. The added items on the premium for more than $2000 was not not justified for me. I got a demo pro for $5399 shipped with 1900 plays.

All the issues with the TK ball lock was also something I factored in. It’s cool but adds nothing to the actual game play as does the projector.

STh pro vs premium is like TNMT. The up charge was not worth it and problems with the ball lock there also.

#9135 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

People are already receiving them.

Hopefully I hear something from Zach soon and won’t have to wait too long to receive it.

#9155 2 years ago

I have other things I've bought that are way more expensive, potentially depreciating, and arguably way more irresponsible in the views of some people. But, I couldn't care less because I think they are worth it.

I bought the topper for EHOH and still waiting on stern to make it. So definitely looks irresponsible to many lol. My wife wanted it and it makes her happy so it was worth it for me. Good point

#9159 2 years ago

Beat me to it. Just got the email. I already ordered from Flipn out pinball. Shipping probably cheaper at Marco

#9171 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

This can remove the need for logic from most situations?

Happy wife happy life.

#9176 2 years ago
Quoted from jaycbarnett:

I'm lucky being 10 miles from the shop, mine was on top of the game Monday night!

No pics didn’t happen

#9177 2 years ago

Anyone order topper from Flip n Out pinball and receive any shipping notice?

#9184 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

ok, last post for tonight (sorry for the multiple posts but I find it is easier for people to read and also respond to my questions this way... If this is not appropriate forum etiquette please let me know.
I had a few people say to me that adding a subwoofer is a must. Does that mean replacing the sub in the bottom cab for another or adding a second sub?
I think the audio on this game is phenomenal.
My next upgrade would be that and also the UV kit which I have already ordered... I am not a fan of modding the playfield or adding toys that are not OEM but I think I would like to add some colour to it. Who makes the best plastic protectors? I would like something that works well with the UV kit, wondering if anybody made these? so they glow with the UV light as well.

I bought this for my Black Knight Swords of Rage and used my Polk subwoofer and I keep it under the cabinet on the floor.

EBC28CF9-6B15-430D-BBE5-B9251D76177A (resized).jpegEBC28CF9-6B15-430D-BBE5-B9251D76177A (resized).jpeg
#9226 2 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Toppers are SUCH a waste of money but F me this thing is SWEET!
[quoted image]

Where did you order from?

#9228 2 years ago

Did you order a while ago by chance? I ordered from Flip n Out pinball the day Stern put it up for order. Are they going to twinkle out a few toppers at a time? Hopefully I get some notification soon.

#9234 2 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

I ordered mine from Flip n out minutes after it was available. Zach has said that mine has shipped, but I don't have tracking info.

I will have to email him. I ordered minutes also and got the last one.

#9238 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

I was looking at these yesterday, wondering if they stay in place properly or if they bounce a lot/wiggle as the ball runs on them.

It definitely wiggles. Annoyed me at first now I just ignore it.

#9241 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

They break eventually too. Went back to Mylar after they kept breaking on me after lots of plays.

Ughh They are not expensive but not cheap.

#9269 2 years ago
Quoted from tk375:

They are awesome looking when the UV lights turn on, but for me, I am going back to superbands. My Titan kit didn't last more than 100 games.

Only problem 100 games? That’s like buying new tires and only lasting 1000 miles. What a rip off.

#9293 2 years ago

Anyone else get their topper yet? I ordered day 1 from Flip n Out pinball. Nothing yet.

#9303 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Nope. I ordered with Trent and he hasn't gotten his yet. LSOG has some kind of shyster deal with Stern.

Waited forever for Stern to finally show us the topper and hopefully we won’t have to wait forever to get it. Ughh

#9321 2 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Damn this topper is UNREAL!!!
Check out the Ultimate Upside Down Edition of Stranger Things Pinball

I just want my damn topper already!! Come on Zach where’s my order? I can’t imagine they made or are going to make many.

#9346 2 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

It’s coming I promise Hopefully they are whipping up more as we speak

I was just kidding but damn I can’t wait to get it. It looks great.

#9363 2 years ago

Still waiting for my topper. This sucks. I can’t imagine they put out a large amount of preorders for it. Still waiting for Elvira also and I have the topper but not the game lol.

#9370 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I’m in the same boat lol. Have my stranger things but waiting for my topper. Have my SW topper but waiting for my game.

Sometimes you have to get the topper before the pin. I picked up BKSOR topper before I even had the pin also. Hopefully you get SW sooner than later.

#9383 2 years ago

So anyone think we will see our toppers arrive in May? Apparently Stern made very few in the first run.

#9390 2 years ago
Quoted from Johny111:

Hey guys received my pro today!
But unfortunately I have an issue with the middle ramp. It looks like something is missing on the left side to hold it in place.
Any suggestions? It goes down but then won’t raise back up and moving it up it’s wonky and loose.[quoted image]

Looks like someone at the factory wanted to go home on time that day. What great QC.

#9410 2 years ago
Quoted from Purdue:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
Looking for some opinions... which looks best? Or none of the abovbe...Thanks!

I put blue in the back of my pro and I prefer the blue.

#9411 2 years ago

I just want my topper, is that too much to ask for? UGHH! Have a good weekend everyone.

#9413 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Me too. Did your distributor say they had them in stock so then you ordered, but then they somehow didn't have any left? Asking for a friend. :/

Zach from Flip n Out said they filled orders that were placed first. I don’t know how many orders he took before the topper orders went live after the official reveal. I got the last one that morning. So no clue when my order will be fulfilled.

#9459 2 years ago

Anyone get their topper yet since the initial shipment?

#9466 2 years ago

Anyone get their topper yet since the initial shipment?

Hopefully by Christmas at this point. This sucks.

#9505 2 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

So the topper is pretty legit. So far it seems coded and interactive

When did you get your topper and where did you order it from? Still waiting for mine. This sucks.

#9556 2 years ago

Anyone else receive their topper? Still waiting for mine.

#9573 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

So I got the topper and honestly I just think it's meh. Much better in attract mode than during the game...when it really doesn't do much. I'm sorry, but I've gotta be honest: I like the look of it on the game, but it's a pretty boring topper.

Where did you order it from? I am still waiting for mine.

#9578 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Answered higher up on this page. From Tilt. But I literally put the order in as soon as it was announced. A no brainer, even though it didn't wind up exciting me as much as I'd hoped.

I ordered mine when announced with in a few minutes after orders went live with Zach.

#9580 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’d email him and ask for an update. Did he confirm you’d be in his first batch or what? If you’re not the first batch, could be a while. He also may have not gotten many.

I emailed him again. It’s been over a month now since my order. Hopefully Stern ships some sooner than later since I paid in full already. It’s a topper, not a pin. So frustrating if it’s going to take months to receive.

#9686 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Any pro owners here? I want to join the few, the proud, the brave. I was thinking of replacing the factory ramp sticker with this graphic.
[quoted image]

I went with the forest one. For some reason I can’t upload pics. Here is a bundle of four for $30. Congrats on the pro, I have one and no regrets.

https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/product-page/stranger-things-4-pack-ramp-decal-bundle

2 weeks later
#10284 2 years ago
Quoted from goyom:

joining the club, as my NIB Stranger Things premium is on his way to my place. Found the art blades and topper (also on their way) and on the waiting list for the UV kit later this month... Excited to add this one to the collection.
If anyone is looking for a " cheap 16k LE" , I can put you in contact lol...

Your topper is on the way? I ordered on day 1 minute one and still nothing. Congrats btw

#10346 2 years ago

Anyone else who ordered a topper when order went live get theirs yet? Still nothing for me.

1 week later
#10556 2 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

I've gotten to TI 2 a couple of times but have yet to get BS mode. Does life hate me?

Got BS mode once, don’t even know how I did it TBH. Still haven’t received my topper yet

#10609 2 years ago
Quoted from Nelly:

Thanks! It's definitely not perfect but I am liking it.

The image is actually not the greatest, so I wouldn't feel comfortable offering it for sale. I will play around with it some more and see if I can make it nicer. I will be sure to let you know.

Put me down for one please!! Even if you can share the image I will still gift a PayPal payment. That looks great!!

#10610 2 years ago
Quoted from woodmedic:

Officially in the club! My pro showed up today. What a blast to play!

Congrats! Love my pro.

#10636 2 years ago
Quoted from DarlingLuci:

Anyone heard anything about their sth topper order fulfillment status? Im sure there are others folks still waiting for one to show up.

I am still waiting. Ordered from Flip n out.

#10637 2 years ago
Quoted from dinot:

Yes and I love it. So much so that I did my Star Wars drops as well. (Went a little more fancy with them as you could backlight them)
The picture of the Stranger Things drops doesn't do it justice. It is a really nice effect.

Where did you order from? That looks great.

#10718 2 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

IMO, the Tilt Graphics “wooded” art blades are far more appealing than the stock Stern blades. Check them out if you get a chance before you decide.

I prefer the stern stock art blades. Goes with the over all art work of the cabinet and playfield. Just my opinion. Wooded ones just to dark color wise.

#10745 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

I asked my distributor about a topper ETA and they said "we have no idea until Stern sends us the bill". Anybody get a real estimate? Put a deposit down mid-April. Should have just paid the extra $50 to get it from Marco's right then.

I paid full price at Flip n Out pinball day one minute one when went on sale, not preorder, and no ETA.

#10747 2 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

What was your order number from Flip n out on your confirmation email?

#10750 2 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

I was 10261 at Mar 22, 2021, 12:49 PM. I'm not sure how many he got allocated, but that should give you an idea of how many may be in front of you. I got mine a while back. Have you reached out to zach?

I have. Zach said production schedule says July.

1 week later
#10868 2 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Regarding the UV kit— what is the purpose of the extra plastics that come with it? Is there a uv ink layer on them that’s not on the regular ones? And the new arch adds more uv light strips- is that true?
I’m wondering about the difference between this kit and the pin stadium one that my prem is coming with

There’s UV art on the plastics. Change to them.

#10929 2 years ago

Anyone here if the toppers will ship in July? Sucks waiting 3 months if it ships in July even. Paid in full in April.

#10934 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

What do you guys think? I intentionally made it a bit crude so it looks like a toy one of the characters from the show could have made.[quoted image]

Looks awesome!

#10955 2 years ago

So will we finally get our toppers in July?

1 week later
#11144 2 years ago

Any updates on the topper? Is July time frame still on the books? Hate no updates.

2 years later
#19176 3 months ago

So is the TK ball lock fixed?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
8,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BallyKISS1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party?tu=BallyKISS1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.