IMG_3330 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8622 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg
IMG_3764 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #235 ALERT: Be sure to check PRO Ball Lock Post, it can come loose. Posted by chuckwurt (4 years ago)

Post #712 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Replacement rubber info Posted by fooflighter (4 years ago)

Post #1272 TECH: TOYS. Demogorgon adjustment to make less shot rejects Posted by rs812 (4 years ago)

Post #1273 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Projector focus adjustment instructions Posted by rs812 (4 years ago)

Post #1717 TECH: PLAYFIELD. TK lock and deflector adjustment instructions Posted by chuckwurt (4 years ago)

Post #3533 TECH: BOOTING. Fix for Spike machines that frequently have problems booting Posted by C0untDeM0net (3 years ago)

Post #5955 MOD: Stranger Things action button surround and shooter plate Posted by pinballslave (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Aniraf.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#104 4 years ago

I’m going to join this thread because the negativity and arguing over nonsense is killing me in the big thread.

Has anyone seen the projector working in real life? I am already in on an LE, so I am just going to trust it will be awesome, but I can’t help but wonder about this one since it is so different. I picture ball shadows making me crazy unless they illuminate the drops and ramps from behind.

#177 4 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

P.S. I'm feeling like the Pro is going to be better than the Prem for the value. The argument of them not doing a ton of coding for the projector makes sense...We've had 2nd screens not really supported well, a la WWELE and SW.
I could see it being gimmicky; and then the telekenesis lock slowing things down a bit. TF Pro was quicker than TF LE with that upper right hand mini game thingy that sucked the flow out of the game...I feel like the lock works really well on the pro here; this game has incredible flow.

Not a direct comparison, but they did a nice amount of coding on the BKSoR upper playfield.

#227 4 years ago

It is hard to say sight unseen but I have to imagine the projector works in a fairly well lit space. If not, a lot of operators who like to run higher end games (like myself) are going to push back on distributors and Stern for false marketing.

My guess is that it looks horrible in photos and videos. Projectors typically do as they flicker as opposed to something like a modern TV which has more static pixels with always on colors. (Not all modern TVs)

I guess we will all see in a month or so, but I’m going to join the “I think it could be cool” side even though I certainly have my doubts.

#237 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Who here saves their boxes once their machine is unpacked? Not sure if I should save mine or not. This will be my first NIB purchase.

As a buyer of used games...the box wouldn't help my decision at all. (if that is what you are thinking) Obviously I am just one person, but in general they are sturdy games built to be moved. You don't need a box if you have moving blankets.

#361 4 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Is it possible to have it turn slower and illuminated and also on in only set times from the game play?

I would also be interested in it moving slower or only coming alive during specific events.

#416 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Look at these images Jack Danger posted from his iphone, unedited and unfiltered. The projector looks great. People are underestimating how good this is going to look in person, in the average intended environment. The stuff you've seen so far at CES was in super high bright lighting that no one really plays pinball in, or using image settings that were for the room and machine rather than the projector.
[quoted image][quoted image]

This is in line with what I expected. I am glad these pictures were posted.

I’ll say it again, there is no need for Stern to take a chance on something they know looks like shit. It must be interesting in some way, or something they believe has potential reuse.

#501 4 years ago
Quoted from Kharris:

I found a video of the premium here

I can’t get a feel for this projector. It looks great in some pictures and horrible in others. I hope in real life it looks good.

1 month later
#1649 4 years ago

Funny, I dropped the other thread and joined this one to avoid all of the infighting and bitching.

(In reference to the two pages of UV debate)

3 years later
#20555 3 months ago

When is someone going to create a perfect set of improved screen material so that I don’t have to do any work?

#20588 3 months ago
Quoted from jackd104:

I did the main screen only, so I can't speak for ramps and drops etc, but I used a paper cutter like this one, simply measured the three panels, cut the pieces, and stuck them on with scotch 2-sided tape on the corners of each piece. Took about an hour. (note, the right panel is actually a different size than the left one!)
https://www.amazon.com/Fiskars-SureCut-Portable-Paper-Trimmer/dp/B000OMYB18/ref=asc_df_B000OMYB18/

Sounds like you have yourself a budding mod business .

#20589 3 months ago
Quoted from ScottyC:

soon ... hopefully will get everything cutting this weekend. Trying to ensure I have at least 30 full kits for the initial rush... then I'll see how things pan out. I have a feeling I'm going to be in a little over my head when I first offer these so please be patient with me.

Awesome. I think the gold standard would be some sort of upgrade which tightly adheres over top of the stock material but is removable. It is hard to say without trying it myself, but that seems ideal. I would think it could go over the top of the ramps as well, but who knows.

4 weeks later
#21159 72 days ago

Does anyone have instructions for removing TK ramp? I need to get into the back for some rubber replacement and I can’t figure out how to easily get that ramp out.

#21171 71 days ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Get a PF holder bracket or 3d print one. You need to remove the TK lever/arm and you need access to the back of the PF. The rest is easy

That was the trick, Ty!

1 week later
#21403 59 days ago

I need a little help with this one. Everything was working fine but all of a sudden I’ve started to get this “overcurrent protection” issue on Node Board 8. Is this a short? Can someone help me parse “bottom GI-VIO(x9)”?

IMG_0554 (resized).jpegIMG_0554 (resized).jpeg
#21405 59 days ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Likely a short on a lightbulb. Have you cut cables, solder or have a screw missing somewhere? A little metal piece might hace fallen into a socket, shorting it. It will cause an error like this

I haven’t cut any cables. There was a wood screw in the bottom of the cabinet. Idk where that came from just yet. I’ll pull out all of the bulbs and check them. Maybe I can meter the chain and find the short?

#21406 59 days ago

Ok, I’ve investigated all of the Violet lights and I don’t see any shorts. I highly doubt it is inside of a light right? Unfortunately I have friends coming over so I can’t rip it apart and do a full test but I’ll look into tracing the lines tomorrow. So far this game is the biggest pain in the ass for me!

#21408 59 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Violet colored GI wire in the lower GI of your game.
Shorts have almost always been inside the socket when I’ve found them. Take all the GI bulbs out and put them back in one by one and see if you can locate the problem socket.

Thank you. Any risk of playing it with the short? I assume the board is handling it correctly?

#21413 59 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

There should be no more than 10-12 GI bulbs down there. Should be a pretty quick process. But when you have to check all of them, that’s the worst.

If I remove the impacted bulb will the others come back up?

#21488 56 days ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

If it is the bulb, yes. If it is a blob of solder or other debris in the socket, then no. According to the manual for the Premium, "Bottom GI-VIO(x9)" is Bulb 152, so one of the gi bulbs under the right inlane plastic. Remove the bulb, if the short goes away other lights should come back on. If short doesn't go away, check for debris in the socket, or something touching the socket underneath the playfield.
Check out pages 20-22 in the manual.

Thanks, this was really helpful. I found it and it ended up being a bad socket. I didn’t see anything obvious with the socket, but a continuity test proved that something is off. I have some new ones on the way.

#21489 56 days ago
Quoted from JesseJames23:

I’m hearing Stern ran out of metal aprons. This is why I haven’t received mine yet. Maybe they’re using up what they have??

I ended up just removing the plastic and moving the scanner, but I found out shortly afterwards that it makes contact with the UV board and it ended up shorting out when I placed the playfield down into play position. I fixed it with some electrical tape, but it feels like a sloppy solution.

#21490 56 days ago
Quoted from VinnyBlanc:

Just curious if there are any (new run) premium owners where TK lock is dialed in out of the box? Should be getting my premium soon and just curious what the chances are I won’t be tinkering with TK lock, drops, etc. I mean I am full prepared to, just trying to take this thread into context with the owners who have no issues, but might not go out of their way to post regarding it

I was lucky with all three, the TK lock and the demogorgon vibration/shot all worked perfectly with no adjustments.

#21491 56 days ago
Quoted from beltking:

Wipe the pens off with microfiber and should auto focus. Mine did at least.

Huh? There is an auto focus? What do you mean by “pens”.

#21589 54 days ago
Quoted from SuperMas77:

What the hell?
[quoted image]

What the hell are those images on your ramps…on mine all I see is faded Xmas lights? Am I supposed to see something more?

#21629 53 days ago
Quoted from pineal:

yep, that’s what i did too, just filed it back a little so the bracket can’t contact the uv led strip.
would have preferred one of the aprons with cutout in the lower right so i could keep the art and IC both!

I put electrical tape as mentioned earlier. Slightly annoying :/.

1 week later
#21955 41 days ago

How fucked am I? I realized after ripping this shit off that I probably needed to keep the middle “credit card” like plastic that the screen was stuck to in order to hide the rivets. Everything is now a huge mess and I don’t know what to do .

IMG_0572 (resized).jpegIMG_0572 (resized).jpeg
#21992 38 days ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Don't sweat it. Mine looked EXACTLY like this and I cleaned it all up with Goo-Gone and lots of meticulous scraping with a butter knife. All that glue residue can be cleaned off of there! Fear not!

You were right. I ended up cleaning everything and 3D printing a spacer. Everything came out great and I think this is absolutely a must have mod. I cannot believe how much better the screen looks!

IMG_0587 (resized).jpegIMG_0587 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walnutport, PA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Vaughan, ON
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Covington, GA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Aniraf.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party?tu=Aniraf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.