IMG_3761 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3762 (resized).png
20240410_201325.jpg
abba tk lock (resized).jpg
IMG_3111 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3109 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3108 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #235 ALERT: Be sure to check PRO Ball Lock Post, it can come loose. Posted by chuckwurt (4 years ago)

Post #712 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Replacement rubber info Posted by fooflighter (4 years ago)

Post #1272 TECH: TOYS. Demogorgon adjustment to make less shot rejects Posted by rs812 (4 years ago)

Post #1273 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Projector focus adjustment instructions Posted by rs812 (4 years ago)

Post #1717 TECH: PLAYFIELD. TK lock and deflector adjustment instructions Posted by chuckwurt (4 years ago)

Post #3533 TECH: BOOTING. Fix for Spike machines that frequently have problems booting Posted by C0untDeM0net (3 years ago)

Post #5955 MOD: Stranger Things action button surround and shooter plate Posted by pinballslave (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 80sman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15262 1 year ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

You should easily be able to sell outright and pay no additional money for your GZ Pro.

Not a member of the club yet but in the market for a Pro right now. You can easily sell your Stranger Things if home used and in good condition to more than cover the cost of a Godzilla Pro and that’s not even with any mods. Just try finding a Stranger Things right now, it’s not easy!

#15266 1 year ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

Where are you located? Your location is “unknown”.

SoCal.. I found one! Just in time for the 2nd part of season 4 July 1st.

1 week later
#15346 1 year ago

Just my 2 cents as new to the club. I have all types of games but I love my Sth Pro. I bought a Pro on purpose because my wife and I visited a pinball museum earlier this year, they had just got a Mando Premium and were raving about it, and that it was special because it was the higher end model as well. We played 2 games on it and were bored even though we loved the series. It was OK because I love pinball but it just felt a bit robotic and fixed to me with the pendulum swing and motorized ramp. They had a Stranger Things Pro there and at the same time I was playing it I was explaining to my wife that the Premium had the telekinesis magnet in the upper left and projectors but all the while the gameplay was so good, and the playfield was awesome, wide open! So it didn’t matter to us and the finicky things I’d heard about didn’t matter either as they weren’t an issue at all. Everything worked perfectly like the Demogorgon shot, etc. I think we ended up playing like 10-12 games on it and came back to it at the end of the couple hours we were there but ironically, didn’t play Mando again.. so when I got my Stranger Things, I just wanted that exact model. I’m sure all models are great but loved that the Pro was an option in this crazy market. It is crazy though, just topper, shooter rod and art blades are another thousand and if adding all the other mods like uv, shaker, armor (if you can find them) plus all the other mods even before the medysinal mod is another 1,000 easy so believe anyone who got in on a Pro early, it’s worth double that, easily. It’s a Great game, especially with the Cleland sound mod which has the whole soundtrack. I don’t see too many for sale in the marketplace either and it wasn’t easy which might be a good sign, that probably means people aren’t selling them because the game is fun and no reason to sell it.

2 weeks later
#15561 1 year ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

is there hardware on the pro game for video out. if not then i don't see how you're gonna get around that
seems like someone with a pro could answer that pretty easily looks like CN10 is the HDMI out

Yes, CN10 is there, another verified Pro owner. A Pro with a projector would be sick, super fast, reliable. Good luck on the project. Count me in.

#15564 1 year ago

Another thing to keep in mind too is that whether the projector can run the code or not? It might be better if it could to go along with the game but I don’t think that’s a deal breaker. There might be advantages to running it independently, for example if video could be run from an sd card and customized, which shouldn’t be any more difficult than what the tv mods are already doing, it would open up a whole new channel option for fans and what a lot of us want anyway, like new footage from the recent seasons, music video’s, etc. and to get it to turn on with the game shouldn’t be a problem either, simple to splice that in with the power supply to turn it on/off with the switch. Would make for a killer attract mode, maybe even better than how it is now.

#15577 1 year ago
Quoted from spidey:

https://www.vcknsobey.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=143
It’s 854x480 but reads 1080p.
Just seems like a generic dlp pico projector

There’s an sd card slot on the projector, can anyone with an le or premium confirm if there’s an sd card in their projector? Anything on it?

#15612 1 year ago
Quoted from Eagle14:

I was able to get the signal from the LE on to another projector with no problem. You need another little gadget to copy the resolutions etc (like a HDMI splitter). There are two problems preventing me using a brighter projector in the game though:
1. I cant find a projector that automatically switches on when it receives power, most require you to press the power button to turn on and I believe the one in stranger things is programmed to power on as soon as power is fed to it
2. I cant find a projector that fits in the same space without significantly modifying the apron to fit with the same distance from the screen (ie to make everything line up it needs to have the same throw as the existing one)

Have you checked the projector’s configuration settings? Or extended settings? Sometimes in the operation settings there is an option for ‘direct power on’ or ‘power on AC’ just like a pc.

1 week later
#15729 1 year ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

I wound up getting the projector from him.
Believe it or not, my social anxiety is crippling enough, that contacting a distributor in such a case didn't feel like an option.
I was happy to have the opportunity to get a spare in a way that I found stress-free.

I believe 'if' there is custom firmware on the projector, which I don't think anyone has confirmed yet, correct? It would probably be on a mini sd card in the projector, not recorded on ram or built in anything else on the hardware.. so if so? all we really need is for someone with a Pre/LE to remove the card, stick it into a card reader, back it up & send it to blasius01 to help with the projector mod. It would probably be a good idea for all Premium owner's to back it up just in case. It may come to the point where another brand projector could be used and it may be needed anyways. Honestly, it looks like all we would need is the projector, the firmware and a 3d printed bracket (is all someone would need to sell as the mod). I don't think it has to be a big project.

#15732 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Custom firmware confirmed a while back.

Ok.. has anyone confirmed yet if the firmware is on an mini sd card that's inserted in the projector?

#15734 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If I remember right, there’s no sd slot unless it’s inside the case.

In the description, under 'connectors' it says 'sd card slot'. It would be great if someone could confirm that.

https://www.vcknsobey.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=143

#15735 1 year ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

also the screen decals and meter long power and source cords

Yes. I'm OK with it either way as I have a Pro and I like the way the decals look without the white screen decals whether the game is on or off. The projector would be a nice mod to have for sure but I also like that I don't have to worry about the reliability of it. I tried to buy the Pro decals to have a backup set but they seem to be sold out. Maybe that's something we can buy through Stern and not a bad idea for Pre/LE owner's to have as well in case the projector ever dies with no backup so this is why I think someone should come up with a solution either way and keep working on it.

#15777 1 year ago
Quoted from blasius01:

I’ve been spending a bunch of time on this. I just can’t see how this cheap China made projector can accept a custom firmware. Now if there was an installed mini dongle in the USB port maybe. I still believe it has to be in the custom prem/le code to accept whatever resolution the projector requires ( or a simple code with hdcp making it not send output to the device ( but I really don’t see that either) HDMI is crazy finicky with output signals. Really wish I can get my hands on that model projector from the manufacturer and not through stern to find out if that’s the case. I’ll be calling some of our reps this week. I truly can’t see why my company wouldn’t be able to figure out some sort of solution… I’ll keep you updated
[quoted image]

So awesome you got your game! Looks great!! and thanks for spending time on this, I believe you can figure it out. I just can't see something being custom with the cheap projector either, that would cost a lot of money to do that and they would've needed to hire a programmer and then embed it into ROM, I can't see Stern springing for that with LEAN going on. I also know that with HDMI it's very finicky, yes, it could come down to the resolution but also something simple like the type of HDMI cable being used according to what year it was made, maybe good idea to try the cable Stern is using that runs to the projector in the game. I've sometimes had to try different cables, both buying new & updated one's and sometimes using older one's depending on the equipment to get the right HDCP compliance with various home theatre, gaming equipment & tv's.

2 months later
#16479 1 year ago
Quoted from cfh:

I think the difference in price on Stranger things pro vs premium is pretty huge. the cheapest i've seen a pro is 6k. cheapest i've seen a premium is 11k. that's a big 5 in difference. the magnet lock on premiums is crappy too. The problem is you must have the flipper power dialed up all the way to make the shot, and it tears up the other parts on the game. add to that the issue with the magnet lock and how it fails a large percentage of the time, and drains down the middle. i'm sure that could be dialed in, but frankly the magnet lock juice is not worth the squeeze. a better version of the game is really a pro with a projector. best of both games really. yet adding the projector is all dependent on a workable projector unit. that's the starting point. if you don't have that, no point in even talking about it.

6k for a Pro? Cheapest I’ve seen is 75-7800 bare bones, no UV kit. I’d pounce on it if I were you. I paid $8500 for mine in CA and If you add a topper, UV kit, art blades and shooter rods, that’s over another thousand so $9500 before any mods and there are plenty to add and many ways to go with it. The Pro’s are usually expensive too because it’s a great way to go, it plays the best, it’s the more reliable version of the game. If you buy an 11k Premium you’re dealing with a finicky game and everything that comes along with it unless you like tinkering all the time. The guy I bought mine from owned an LE before it, he sold it for the money and bought a Pro before eventually selling it to me to fund something else but he said he liked the Pro better too. The projector has all old clips form the 1st series. The Cleland mod adds updated video now on a much larger screen than the projector, so if you’re a fan of the show? it’s got Vecna, the levitation scene, etc. in attract mode, all the best songs and the experience is awesome. There’s no need for the old videos running on the projector at the same as the time as the LCD imo plus the graphics on the Pro ramps look great all the time and with the game off. I don’t miss the ball lock at all, it locks just fine for Telekenisis multi-ball, every shot. Not knocking the Premium or LE as the are beautiful games too but they have options for translites now too that look great too so just adding my 2 cents here that the Pro is what I preferred on this purchase and couldn’t be happier with it. Check it out..

5 months later
#17398 1 year ago

If anyone has a lighted Billy's Camaro from Mezel Mods left over after installing Medisinyl and the set of side armor for the game after powder coating, please PM me as I'm interested in purchasing them. Thanks

billy's camaro (resized).JPGbilly's camaro (resized).JPGst (resized).jpgst (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

8,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lewiston, NY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 80sman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party?tu=80sman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.