IMG_3106 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2775 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2771 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2774 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2756 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5170 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,372 posts in this topic. You are on page 99 of 448.
#4901 3 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

I just ordered it. It hasn’t arrived yet. But I’ll give you all a full update once it does.

Ah okay. Thanks. I have a premium on order and so far I’ve only been able to play the game in a public location which of course makes the sound difficult to hear.

#4902 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

And has this helped?

Just installed mine over the weekend. They sound cleaner and step up. Make sure to keep game volume at 15 and adjust volume through the amp.

#4904 3 years ago
Quoted from Powerhouse47:

Just installed mine over the weekend. They sound cleaner and step up. Make sure to keep game volume at 15 and adjust volume through the amp.

How are the call outs? Do they seem cleaner sounding and separated from the rest of the mix?

#4905 3 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

How are the call outs? Do they seem cleaner sounding and separated from the rest of the mix?

Yes. Some noises come through I didn’t hear before. Ohhh! And Hoppers “Jackpots” Are much cleaner. Actually sounds like David Harbour

#4906 3 years ago

I am running first gen pinwoofer with 5.25 kenwoods in the backbox I turn my amps all the way up and put my master volume on 4 or 5. It sounds great I’ve had this setup since February so I don’t even remember what it sounds like stock. But do you think it would sound even better if I tried your method?

#4907 3 years ago

I would think you’d be able to dial the sound better with the Pinwoofer dials. Using the game would not be as precise.

#4908 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I would think you’d be able to dial the sound better with the Pinwoofer dials. Using the game would not be as precise.

correct, plus lower volume in machine can causes audio to cut in and out. AMP need MOAR POWER. volume at 15 is what the pinwoofer suggest to properly make adjustments on the amp

#4909 3 years ago

Ahh man I’m super stoked to get my pinwoofer setup. I never was a fan of the stock audio setup in my pro. Can’t wait !!

#4910 3 years ago

Settings on machine still make me nuts. Thanks to Chuckwurt for all the help - looking for opinions. Should i set the machine so the saucer on left feeds the loop or rams into drop downs in front of demo? Right now it’s just stupid- lands in saucer and slams into the support for the ramp (silver on pic) to the right of demo and falls down.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#4911 3 years ago
Quoted from Bzamborski:

Settings on machine still make me nuts. Thanks to Chuckwurt for all the help - looking for opinions. Should i set the machine so the saucer on left feeds the loop or rams into drop downs in front of demo? Right now it’s just stupid- lands in saucer and slams into the post to the right of demo and falls down.

Per Eddy, what yours is doing was his intention. You can adjust it to go around the loop if you want. Watch this for tips. Make sure the hood above the saucer is nice and tight before you adjust it too.

#4912 3 years ago

correct, plus lower volume in machine can causes audio to cut in and out. AMP need MOAR POWER. volume at 15 is what the pinwoofer suggest to properly make adjustments on the amp

Just changed my settings like you said, MAN WHAT A DIFFERENCE!! This is how it was intended. Sound is clearer and bass is deeper.

#4913 3 years ago
Quoted from Kharris:

Just changed my settings like you said, MAN WHAT A DIFFERENCE!! This is how it was intended. Sound is clearer and bass is deeper.

JACKPOT!
“Easy there Buddy” goes down a lot smooth with some of that sweet Hopper bass voice.

#4914 3 years ago

JACKPOT!
“Easy there Buddy” goes down a lot smooth with some of that sweet Hopper bass voice.

Yeah now I know why the kit came with the felt strips for the glass.

#4915 3 years ago

Hahaha. Nice to hear dan started to include stuff to stop the glass rattle.

#4916 3 years ago

My pinwoofer just shipped today. @chuckwurt, you definitely should get one too.

#4917 3 years ago

Not sure if there are videos of the Stranger Things Shooter rod but I just installed mine and cannot be happier. I love the interaction with the Upside Down.
Hope you guys enjoy!

#4918 3 years ago
Quoted from tk375:

Not sure if there are videos of the Stranger Things Shooter rod but I just installed mine and cannot be happier. I love the interaction with the Upside Down.
Hope you guys enjoy!

That looks so sweet. Thanks for sharing!

#4919 3 years ago
Quoted from tk375:

Hope you guys enjoy!

Thank you!! Damn, that looks sweet...hmmm...

#4920 3 years ago

Made it to the final showdown tonight! The place holder animation is cool but I can’t wait to see the actual mode! Not my best score but 1.2 billion isn’t bad.

#4921 3 years ago

That’s impressive. It’s tough on the new code.

#4922 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That’s impressive. It’s tough on the new code.

I’ve changed my play style up I now focus on the drops when the ball save is on. I don’t even try to hit mode shots till ball saver is off.

#4923 3 years ago
Quoted from Kharris:

I’ve changed my play style up I now focus on the drops when the ball save is on. I don’t even try to hit mode shots till ball saver is off.

Yeah same here. Usually try to get two words done before ball save is off.

#4924 3 years ago

I've never had the mystery shot not register when it wasn't important but if you just double drain out of telekinesis and you miraculously hit the lit mystery shot for that desparately needed add a ball it registers like 60% of the time.

#4925 3 years ago

Final showdown! Man what a fun journey to get to the wizard mode, can’t wait to see what it has to offer once it’s coded. I’m starting to push my GC score up as well. I haven’t had the EB from the mystery yet...has anyone?

9317377F-7E81-4846-9029-F9AC91883EDE.jpeg9317377F-7E81-4846-9029-F9AC91883EDE.jpegB62E5482-6557-4B50-8593-554255A7DA39.jpegB62E5482-6557-4B50-8593-554255A7DA39.jpeg

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#4926 3 years ago

I’ve gotten it once or twice. Nice work!

#4927 3 years ago

Great score feels good to get all the BRE initials off your game!

#4928 3 years ago
Quoted from Kharris:

Great score feels good to get all the BRE initials off your game!

Yaaaaaassssss

#4929 3 years ago

Amazing send it back wizard mode done !
I was missing a shot for the light fire mod and the final showdown...

This game is so cool as freaky

4E5F3D35-4E26-46CF-A55B-40CDEF6D5456 (resized).jpeg4E5F3D35-4E26-46CF-A55B-40CDEF6D5456 (resized).jpeg
#4930 3 years ago
Quoted from FredZZZ:

Amazing send it back wizard mode done !
I was missing a shot for the light fire mod and the final showdown...
This game is so cool as freaky [quoted image]

Well done sir! This is the first game in the 2 billion club that I have seen.

#4931 3 years ago

First one I’ve seen too. Well since early broken code.

Great score!!

#4932 3 years ago

As we near 1.0, here’s my remaining wishlist for the game:

Incorporate the physical knocker better/more. Use it during EB animation and at the start of the replay animation (currently at the end)

Rework a couple modes:

Bullies @lodgindolphin’s idea:

Right now it seems the four shots are worth a value that doesn't change or slightly increases with each made shot, but it appears to have the same value for each time you complete the mode.

How about the spinner starts flashing. If you can shoot that before any other switch is made, each spin of the spinner adds a value to the mode shots. say 50k per spin maybe. the 4 mode shots have a base value (1-2mm), then if you rip the spinner, after the spinner shot the mode shots are worth their base value plus the added spins of the spinner for the rest of the mode. If you shot anything but the spinner first, the values are locked in at the base value. Mystery shot to end the mode is the combined value of the 4 shots made in the mode.

Expand the instant info to tell the player what their progress towards Final Showdown is. I know we have the inserts, but maybe a screen that explains how to collect each one.

Lure Dart. Make it so pops increase the value of the final collect shot. Right now I think the mode maxes out at like 15mm or so. Would be nice to be able to bump that up if the player wants. Plus the pops make that cool dart noise during the mode too.

What Mama says. Why require only 5 completed shots instead of all six? I say require all six and give the player a perfect mode bonus by completing all flashing shots in order.

Mystery awards. add adjustments to allow the player to adjust the frequency of each award. that would be cool for people that like some awards more than others.

I hope that the map image collection side mission is added as well as a video mode. I wonder what is the Eleven mystery award is going to be?

Give the center button some purpose, it could just be little stuff and be cool. Use it for video mode. Use it in attract mode (player setups up and presses it and the demogorgoan goes nuts), use it in the final wizard modes somehow.

End of ball bonus need to be more balanced. Right now, nothing really contributes to it other than TK MB. I think the only way to blow up the bonus should be to get high scores in modes, Demo dog and demogorogon modes, and getting lots of combos. so each have a fairly equal weight, so if you crush the demogorgon modes and do poorly everywhere else, you're only getting 15-20% of your total bonus potentional.

The more high score lists, the better. Including a timed high score for send it back like destroy the ring.

#4933 3 years ago

I was pretty chuffed to get grand champion today
However seeing some of these scores I feel I need some serious practice

03A8719F-4F4A-41B8-8710-FA0F316FE8F9 (resized).jpeg03A8719F-4F4A-41B8-8710-FA0F316FE8F9 (resized).jpeg
#4934 3 years ago
Quoted from wizard1974:

I was pretty chuffed to get grand champion today
However seeing some of these scores I feel I need some serious practice
[quoted image]

You’ll get there. You’ll be getting this score from one super jackpot in no time!

#4935 3 years ago

Thx !

Here is a short vid on send it back in the game
Unfortunately i did not manage to kill the demomorgon...

Quoted from Kharris:

Well done sir! This is the first game in the 2 billion club that I have seen.

#4936 3 years ago

Just an update on the coil cooling kits. Unless something unexpected happens with reports from the remaining beta testers, I'll be ordering the production wiring harnesses and we should have full kits on sale in a couple weeks. I have an optional adapter that will let you install cooling on 3 and 4 flipper setups, too.

#4937 3 years ago

Man this game is so so good when the machine is dialed in. Vireland’s fans are the final piece to the puzzle. Just had some really long games and I was making the demo and lock just as easy as when I started with the first few flips.

Can’t wait to see where the code ends up. This thing plays so great now. So glad we were able to figure out all the issues.

#4938 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Man this game is so so good when the machine is dialed in. Vireland’s fans are the final piece to the puzzle. Just had some really long games and I was making the demo and lock just as easy as when I started with the first few flips.
Can’t wait to see where the code ends up. This thing plays so great now. So glad we were able to figure out all the issues.

Thanks for help testing the fans and the install instructions. I just realized you have earlier brackets, too. I'll send you the final brackets along with the final wiring harness when I get the production units in a few weeks. I added a screen on the back so the fan blade isn't open. There's a guard on the front of the fan itself, but nothing on the back.

Here's the revised design (this is for the right side)...
new_fan_bracket_back_sml (resized).jpgnew_fan_bracket_back_sml (resized).jpg

#4939 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

This fan from Vireland?

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1170-pin-monk/02140-500w-spike-quiet-fan-plug-n-play-kit

Replacing the Stern fan helps keep the flipper coils cooler?

#4940 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

This fan from Vireland?
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1170-pin-monk/02140-500w-spike-quiet-fan-plug-n-play-kit
Replacing the Stern fan helps keep the flipper coils cooler?

No. These attach to the flipper brackets and keep the flipper coils cool.

#4941 3 years ago

I predict new code this week!

I think light the fire being added is a safe bet, but what else will we get???

Final Showdown?
Video Mode?
Elevan mystery award?
Map image mystery award?
end of ball bonus updates?
scoring adjustments?
bug fixes?

ALL OF THE ABOVE???? haha

#4942 3 years ago

I really want to see a video mode, and maybe see what the map image is.

#4943 3 years ago

Video mode please and use that center button for something.

#4944 3 years ago

Sorry if I missed it, but do we know anything about the map parts? I've seen it mentioned a couple times, but I'm not sure where it came from. It would be pretty awesome if you collected map pieces by doing well during each mode (thinking multi-kills for Horde). Get all the map pieces for a special wizard mode or some sort of big reward. That would be incentive to play the modes well (either so many mode shots, or even actually complete them). Could include the side stuff too like Demodogs and Demogorgan modes. That way you can get to Final Showdown for playing it all, but if you want all the map pieces (and whatever that awards), you need to play them well.

Map pieces could be any number of other things too though. Combos? Super Skill Shots? Video mode awards? Who knows. Hopefully it's SOMETHING though, LOL. The game is pretty well stacked as it is, but I'm always up for another layer to the onion.

#4945 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

? I've seen it mentioned a couple times, but I'm not sure where it came from.

It came from me talking to Brian Eddy about it. Has to do with collecting the map drawings from season 2. Some sort of side mission. Not sure anything else besides that other than it’s planned and a current mystery award is related to it as well.

Quoted from Jediturtle:

That would be incentive to play the modes well (either so many mode shots, or even actually complete them).

The wizard mode scorings are based on how you did in the modes (although send it back doesn’t currently work that way. Hopefully that changes). Brian said that if you do well in season one, send it back will be more valuable. Season 2 and light the fire will be more valuable. Kill it in both seasons? Final showdown is worth more.

Good idea on the map images. Maybe that adds more to final showdown scoring based on how many you bring to the dance. They are also related to light the fire so maybe lump them into the scoring of that mode.

#4946 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It came from me talking to Brian Eddy about it. Has to do with collecting the map drawings from season 2. Some sort of side mission. Not sure anything else besides that other than it’s planned and a current mystery award is related to it as well.

The wizard mode scorings are based on how you did in the modes (although send it back doesn’t currently work that way. Hopefully that changes). Brian said that if you do well in season one, send it back will be more valuable. Season 2 and light the fire will be more valuable. Kill it in both seasons? Final showdown is worth more.
Good idea on the map images. Maybe that adds more to final showdown scoring based on how many you bring to the dance. They are also related to light the fire so maybe lump them into the scoring of that mode.

Ahh..very cool stuff. Off topic some, but I read somewhere that this has the "Star Trek" rule of combos doubling lit shot values. I haven't really noticed that happening, but I am not great of keeping track of scoring while I am playing either. Is that true? If so, are there exceptions...such as a Demo kill shot or big jackpots?

I'd love to see more leader boards. Games like Batman 66 and JP have spoiled me with their leader boards for darn near everything. I'd love to see that here, although I guess most of the modes have a bit more of a set top score possible. Would still be fun for the modes, demo(gorgans and dogs), etc. Skill shot champ. Would also be cool to have a season 1 and season 2 champ which combines all of the relevant modes and wiz mode for each season. And of course....Bullshit champ. Speaking of which, we need more BS. I've only gotten it once in 140+ games so far.

#4947 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I haven't really noticed that happening, but I am not great of keeping track of scoring while I am playing either. Is that true? If so, are there exceptions...such as a Demo kill shot or big jackpots?

It was only the case on TK MB before (not anymore) and TI 1 and 2. It’s still There in total isolation but that’s it.

That’s something else they can improve on. Let us know where the combos are at outside of the screen. I’d like to know with the inserts what combo shots are available.

Your bullshit request will be handled if they let us adjust the mystery award probabilities. Hope they do that.

#4948 3 years ago

Anyone know why sometimes the first demogorgon scores 10 million and other times it scores 15? I can't figure it out. Doesn't seem to be related to the speed at which you get the mouth shot. With a good nudge out of the side drop from the demo start I can get the ball into a cradle and make the shot consistently but the scoring doesn't seem to be.

#4949 3 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

Anyone know why sometimes the first demogorgon scores 10 million and other times it scores 15? I can't figure it out.

When you only get ten for a seemingly first shot kill you’re actually registering the bash opto right before it goes in.

Hate when that happens on demo 3 and double scoring is running.

Also, on the second go around of the demo modes a one shot kill is worth 16,500,000

#4950 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

When you only get ten for a seemingly first shot kill you’re actually registering the bash opto right before it goes in.
Hate when that happens on demo 3 and double scoring is running.
Also, on the second go around of the demo modes a one shot kill is worth 16,500,000

Ah, that would make sense then as those 10 mil shots are not nearly as clean as the 15 mil ones. Didn't realize there was yet another opto for the bashing. This machine is full of them.

Stern has said they are sending me the demo exit opto as well as the two up post optos to replace on my machine. Hope that fixes the problems I've been having

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

Machine - For Sale
Eastvale, CA
8,299 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Lutherville-timonium, MD
$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 22,372 posts in this topic. You are on page 99 of 448.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/99?hl=fredzzz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.