IMG_3764 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3761 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3762 (resized).png
20240410_201325.jpg
abba tk lock (resized).jpg
IMG_3111 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3109 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,391 posts in this topic. You are on page 97 of 448.
#4801 3 years ago
Quoted from jespo_19:

Hardest part for me will be pro vs premium. I'm letting go of walking dead because it's such a visual eyesore (and I'm kind of tired or the lacking layout imo)
Is the projector that killer during the game to warrant all the blank white when it's shut off?
Code and call-outs I trust will come along and seem fun already as it sits. Layout and art on game are also plusses. How does it look in a lineup? Pro or prem?

Premium. 100%
The projector is awesome. Super unique in pinball. The sticker "screen" on the pro can't compete!
The tk lock (when set up correctly) is awesome. Also unique to pinball. It's a PITA though.
Prem artwork is great IMO too.

I couldn't care less about the blank white when the game is off. It's like the lcd screen being blank black when it's off. Who cares?

#4802 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Let's not get too crazy.
Lyman made TWD great. This will not be TWD. Lonnie has a code ceiling for whatever reason. That said, it will be fine if you're not expecting a Lyman masterpiece.

This pin actually sits next to my TWD pin and I play this way more because I think it’s better hell I would sell my TWD today if my wife would let me! She doesn’t even play she just likes the show and thinks the pin looked cool

#4803 3 years ago

Yeah this definitely won’t be like any Lyman game. It will be solid though and I think grow on people as they get time on the completed game. It will have a very attainable wizard mode, and appeal to lots of skill levels.

Might not hold the interest for the top top players, but that’s okay.

Really happy with how this game has evolved.

#4804 3 years ago
Quoted from jespo_19:

Hardest part for me will be pro vs premium. I'm letting go of walking dead because it's such a visual eyesore (and I'm kind of tired or the lacking layout imo)
Is the projector that killer during the game to warrant all the blank white when it's shut off?
Code and call-outs I trust will come along and seem fun already as it sits. Layout and art on game are also plusses. How does it look in a lineup? Pro or prem?

The projector is cool but for me not enough to spend the extra coin. Not to mention the time needed to tweek the lock mech on the premium is something I don't have the patience to deal with.

#4805 3 years ago
Quoted from Kharris:

This pin actually sits next to my TWD pin and I play this way more because I think it’s better hell I would sell my TWD today if my wife would let me! She doesn’t even play she just likes the show and thinks the pin looked cool

I'm looking for a TWD LE or Premium if you can talk her into letting it go.

#4806 3 years ago
Quoted from Kharris:

hell I would sell my TWD today if my wife would let me!

I'll never sell my TWD Prem. It's a frickin pinball masterpiece. Perfect level of kick your ass difficulty combined with the best coding/ruleset. Plus Cleland custom audio is bad ass.

Quoted from gambit3113:

I'm looking for a TWD LE or Premium

We have similar tastes. Good choice

#4807 3 years ago

chuckwurt You said you left your outlanes in the default position but turned down your sling flipper power. What value do you have them set to?

#4808 3 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

chuckwurt You said you left your outlanes in the default position but turned down your sling flipper power. What value do you have them set to?

Like three ticks below stock.

#4809 3 years ago

I sold my walking dead LE a month ago, I like the theme but I hated the layout and found it boring. Stranger things LE I like better and so does everyone else that comes over. And who cares what the game looks when off, it matters what happens when the game is on.

#4810 3 years ago

I adjusted my sling power down to 15. Works great for me, but I also put my outlanes in the center hole.

#4811 3 years ago

I have my slings at 14 and my flippers at 250

#4812 3 years ago

Just waiting happily on my delivery today.

#4813 3 years ago

Am I just a very mediocre player or do others agree the game straight out of the factory is very challenging? Do you feel turning down the slings is less "cheating" than moving the outlanes? I heard that Brian Eddy designed the game with the posts in the middle hole yet they shipped in the highest hole. I usually leave all my games default but I'm getting wrecked by side to side action and power drains out the outlanes.

#4814 3 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

Am I just a very mediocre player or do others agree the game straight out of the factory is very challenging? Do you feel turning down the slings is less "cheating" than moving the outlanes? I heard that Brian Eddy designed the game with the posts in the middle hole yet they shipped in the highest hole. I usually leave all my games default but I'm getting wrecked by side to side action and power drains out the outlanes.

The only reason for having the posts in the highest hole is to shorten game times on location. The middle hole is how Eddy designed it, and that's good for me. I'm a mediocre player as well...

#4815 3 years ago

Just set it up the way you want it. If it starts to play too easy then back off some of the adjustments once you find the shots better.

I think the difficulty of the game is offset well by the multiple EB opportunities. You’ll get 2 EBs if you play 6 modes. Once you practice a bit, that can be a pretty regular occurrence.

I also suggest making the burn it back extra ball set to a standard amount instead of auto. Like 20 loops for the first EB. Second EB is 50 I think.

Start to plan out your games to really attacking the objectives that lead to EBs.

The difficulty just makes those great games all the more rewarding to me.

#4816 3 years ago

I'll share my settings.
Left eject 19
Trough eject 180 (I always turn this down to try to decrease shooter lane wear)
Ball launch 200
Slingshots 14 (default was giving me some airballs)
Left flipper 250
Right flipper 255
Outlane posts centered (right outline still gets me frequently)

#4817 3 years ago

imagamejunky Why are you left and right flippers different?

#4818 3 years ago

Right needs full power for the tk lock. Left is lower to try to reduce the 10 million airballs. If I could get away with it I would keep both of them lower. My playfield looks like it's intentionally covered in dimples from the factory. Absolutely covered

#4819 3 years ago

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I really wish there was an option to allow us to skip the demodog, demogorgon, and TK multiballs.
Multiple times I've been given the multi-ball from the mystery and I don't want it at that time.
I have yet to hear all of Cleland's music from certain modes like operation mirkwood because I keep getting stuck with a stupid demogorgon or demodog.
I'll use DI for example. If you shoot the Phone Scoop you can double flip the flippers to cancel the multi-ball if you don't want it right then. Helps with strategy.
And you could successfully start a mode and then choose to start the multi-ball stacked

#4820 3 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I really wish there was an option to allow us to skip the demodog, demogorgon, and TK multiballs.
Multiple times I've been given the multi-ball from the mystery and I don't want it at that time.
I have yet to hear all of Cleland's music from certain modes like operation mirkwood because I keep getting stuck with a stupid demogorgon or demodog.
I'll use DI for example. If you shoot the Phone Scoop you can double flip the flippers to cancel the multi-ball if you don't want it right then. Helps with strategy.
And you could successfully start a mode and then choose to start the multi-ball stacked

Well, the snarky answer is: Don't shoot those middle shots and you can continue listening to the tunes. BUT...you have to hit those shots to get through the modes, of course.

You lost me at the TK multiball. I think that's one of the best multiball starting animations and sounds since Addams, and well worth the tradeoff.

But for me, it's What Mama Says and Turn Up The Heat that I hate interrupting. Those two modes are genuinely disturbing like no other game I can recall. And I LOVE them!

#4821 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Well, the snarky answer is: Don't shoot those middle shots and you can continue listening to the tunes. BUT...you have to hit those shots to get through the modes, of course.
You lost me at the TK multiball. I think that's one of the best multiball starting animations and sounds since Addams, and well worth the tradeoff.
But for me, it's What Mama Says and Turn Up The Heat that I hate interrupting. Those two modes are genuinely disturbing like no other game I can recall. And I LOVE them!

Unfortunately you have to shoot the mystery/demodog lane during some modes and then demodog starts.
Agree with you that tk multiball sounds and looks awesome. I’d just prefer to start it when I want it, not from a mystery shot.
Also, totally agree that what mama says and “burn this kid” modes are creepy and fantastic

#4822 3 years ago

I feel the multiball start and demo ready mysteries are rare. I’ve only gotten each a couple times.

Would be cool to have adjustments for every mystery award and to be able to adjust their % chance that you get it.

Kind of like the supply drops in smash brothers for particular items.

#4823 3 years ago

Seriously considering purchasing pinwoofer’s new speaker kit for my machine. It looks a lot cleaner of an install then their previous versions. Anyone have a pinwoofer system installed in their machine?

#4824 3 years ago

I don’t but I’m considering his new product as well. Waiting until someone else does and sees how it compares to stock plus sub. Haha

#4825 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I don’t but I’m considering his new product as well. Waiting until someone else does and sees how it compares to stock plus sub. Haha

chuckwurt I will probably get it soon. Maybe in the next week or so. I’ll let you know how it goes.

#4826 3 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

chuckwurt I will probably get it soon. Maybe in the next week or so. I’ll let you know how it goes.

Thanks. I really don’t want to replace the kenwoods in my game, so I would probably get the amp only then buy my own replacement cabinet sub. Might ask Dan if he will sell me one a la cart.

The sound in this game is good so a Pinwoofer amp could really take it up a notch.

#4827 3 years ago

Thank you imagamejunky for your settings. I adjusted my pro to use the same (except I left the left flipper alone) and it helped a ton. I’ve moved my posts back to the middle holes.

#4828 3 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

Thank you imagamejunky for your settings. I adjusted my pro to use the same (except I left the left flipper alone) and it helped a ton. I’ve moved my posts back to the middle holes.

Glad it helped.
You will have to play with left eject power vs slope so the ball will make it around the burn it back loop as chuckwurt has previously mentioned.

#4829 3 years ago

I'm curious about a pinwoofer set up as well. However, after changing out the stock 4"ers to the kenwood 5.25"ers and then adding a big 12" powered sub with a pinnovator's sub out board I'm SUPER happy with the sound. Don't see how it could improve much honestly.
Especially with Clelands mix with the C418 song playing. It BUMPS

#4830 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Thanks. I really don’t want to replace the kenwoods in my game, so I would probably get the amp only then buy my own replacement cabinet sub. Might ask Dan if he will sell me one a la cart.
The sound in this game is good so a Pinwoofer amp could really take it up a notch.

Agree with chuckwurt - if you have the LE/SE trim package with upgraded backbox speakers (or your own), leave them in. The amp and expander is what's going to give you the definition in the backbox and the clarity of call-outs compared to the stock amp.

We offer a package (electronics + sub speaker and ring) sans the backbox speakers. It's in the shop under "PinWoofer GT 8in Spike-2 Super Kit" or search for "EHOH" in the upper-right.

One Elvira is installed and he commented to me, and we sold a couple more over the weekend so it will be a week or two before we get a read point on those.

Thanks!

https://PinWoofer.com

#4831 3 years ago

Is there a sub you recommend? I got the 10” Polk that everyone recommends but I’m thinking going 12” for deeper bass

I'm curious about a pinwoofer set up as well. However, after changing out the stock 4"ers to the kenwood 5.25"ers and then adding a big 12" powered sub with a pinnovator's sub out board I'm SUPER happy with the sound. Don't see how it could improve much honestly.
Especially with Clelands mix with the C418 song playing. It BUMPS

#4832 3 years ago

I'll share my settings.
Left eject 19
Ball launch 200
Left flipper 250
Right flipper 255

Just got ST today. TK lock works great, but when my shots have power. I’m excited to try your settings. Everything default right now.

#4833 3 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

Agree with chuckwurt - if you have the LE/SE trim package with upgraded backbox speakers (or your own), leave them in. The amp and expander is what's going to give you the definition in the backbox and the clarity of call-outs compared to the stock amp.
We offer a package (electronics + sub speaker and ring) sans the backbox speakers. It's in the shop under "PinWoofer GT 8in Spike-2 Super Kit" or search for "EHOH" in the upper-right.
One Elvira is installed and he commented to me, and we sold a couple more over the weekend so it will be a week or two before we get a read point on those.
Thanks!
https://PinWoofer.com

Yes. I have the pro version with the stock 4” backbox speakers. And since day one I’ve been underwhelmed by their performance, especially during most of the call outs. I’m so close to pulling the trigger on your setup. It looks cleaner then most aftermarket setups and that’s what I like. I don’t like a lot of wires and boards laying around. I like clean look.

#4834 3 years ago

I'll share my settings.
Left eject 19
Ball launch 200
Left flipper 250
Right flipper 255

What’s your angle set at? Degree and bubble?

#4835 3 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Seriously considering purchasing pinwoofer’s new speaker kit for my machine. It looks a lot cleaner of an install then their previous versions. Anyone have a pinwoofer system installed in their machine?

I have the older model and love it! The new one is definitely a cleaner look though.

#4836 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You don’t have to replace the kenwoods. I talked to the owner of pinwoofer when I bought my setup and he didn’t include the backbox speakers and took off 20 dollars.

#4837 3 years ago

UV kit and Shooter installed. Also dialed in projector. This thing is popping! 12 year just got 1st initials

#4838 3 years ago

Who has the shooter rod in stock??

#4841 3 years ago
Quoted from tk375:

It says that, but they don't. I asked already.

Yeah, the online store will let you add the Shooter Rod to your cart, but once you go to checkout it'll show it out of stock.

#4842 3 years ago

I picked one up a few weeks ago from Cointaker.

#4843 3 years ago

Bummer. Yeah i would fall around to the distros and see who has them in stock.

#4844 3 years ago

DIY topper.

IMG_20200722_142749 (resized).jpgIMG_20200722_142749 (resized).jpg
#4845 3 years ago

pinball life.com had shooters in last week.

#4846 3 years ago

I’ll be streaming the new code tonight if anyone wants to I’m hangout. 8pm eastern

www.twitch.tv/SDTMpinball

#4847 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’ll be streaming the new code tonight if anyone wants to I’m hangout. 8pm eastern
www.twitch.tv/SDTMpinball

Any guidance on getting that left ramp more frequently. Our attempts seem not powerful enough and sends it SDTM.

#4848 3 years ago
Quoted from BillyPilgrim:

I picked one up a few weeks ago from Cointaker.

Same. They were in stock there as of July 5th.

#4849 3 years ago
Quoted from Powerhouse47:

Any guidance on getting that left ramp more frequently. Our attempts seem not powerful enough and sends it SDTM.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/35#post-5472488

#4850 3 years ago

White projection stickers on posts getting pretty chewed up, who sells the replacements?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Covington, GA
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Louisville, KY
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

8,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 22,391 posts in this topic. You are on page 97 of 448.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/97?hl=powerhouse47 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.